Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 6/6/11 - 6/12/11

Diana3271
06-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

berryblondeboys
06-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Night everyone. Didn't get that workout in because when I went downstairs I realized no one had picked up anything including the watermelon I cut up for them earlier in the evening right before I had to put the little guy to bed. I'm wiped!

But, tomorrow morning I'm going to a Zumba class. Not zumba gold, but zumba. I'm a little scared! What kind of clothes should I wear? SHould I bring anything with me! Eeks!

Diana3271
06-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Berry I've never been to a Zumba class, so I cannot advise. I hope you have fun, though. I hear of a lot of people take Zumba classes and really enjoy them.

Diana3271
06-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Good Morning! :wave: I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Weigh In: 145.6
Up: .2

I was scared of the sodium from the Thai food yesterday. Hopefully this is the only gain and it doesn't jump on me tomorrow. (that does happen sometimes :lol: ;) it takes a couple days to catch up with me :dunno:)

jomatho
06-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Morning all, busy day here, gosh, I feel like I say that everyday!
I ate what I planned last night, except I had some room in my calorie budget so I had 1 extra serving shrimp. It was yummy. TOM is trying to start and I don't feel the greatest today. Hope I can get done all that I need to. Shooting for a perfectly on plan day, anyone with me?
Berry, thanks for the dust!
Diana32, Yes, we have a pool, it's not ready yet, but getting there.
Stacy, I'm good, still trudging along, I hit my halfway mark a few days ago. I just keep trying to look at what I have accomplished and not get too caught up in how much I still have to go. Glad your 175 is gone, hopefully never to return now!
:wave: good morning to everyone else!

berryblondeboys
06-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Ugh, lost my post!

Basically it said my little guy (not so little, he's 6) is still sleeping, so I'll be missing the aerobics class this morning. I'll bike, clean the garage from gardening stuff and reorganize and do some aerobics today.

I needed the sleep too. I slept a bit over 9 hours. The little guy has been sleeping for over 12 already. Darn kid! Late for school, but was up with the birds all weekend! Grrr...

The 203 on the scale the other day must have been a downward blip. I'm down .4 today to 204.

shishkeberry
06-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Morning, everyone. Wow, my weekend really caught up with me. I'm up to 284. I know that's water weight, but it's damn discouraging. Nine pounds of water? Wow.
I meet with my trainer at the gym today. Yay! Have a good week, everyone!

zoodoo613
06-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Mornin'!

I can't seem to string together 2 good days in row. I've noticed that I tend to have a lot of calories on Friday. I'm just worn out by that point in the week, meals are harder to think of, and it's just harder to make good decisions. So Friday was a high day. Did OK Saturday, but then I fell apart again Sunday.

I really dropped the ball on planning my son's birthday party this year. So now I need to play catch up and get the house and yard in order AND do all the party prep this week. And get the invitations out. Yikes! I made a huge list to work on yesterday, and ended up doing very little of it. We spent something like 5 hours working on my son's room. We make him clean it pretty regularly, but you know how good kids are at that. It was long overdue for a good sort through. By the time that was done, I was worn out, but kept on trucking long enough that by the time dinner time rolled around I had no plans or willpower and we ended up at Friendly's (burgers/fried food/ice cream type place for the non-northeasterners.) Know what? Calories listed on the menu works. At least for me it did. I went in expecting to get something terrible, but seeing all those sandwiches worth over 1000 calories, I just couldn't do it and ended up with the asian chicken salad, still worth 770 calories. And then I got ice cream. I have to get my head back in the right place.

Well, the scale took notice. After seeing 201.0 on Sunday morning, I'm up to 203.4 this morning. I'm hoping its a temporary blip from so much salt and sugar so late last night.

Jomo
06-06-2011, 09:33 AM
:flow2:
Good morning everyone! It's a new week.

I appreciated and followed a couple of suggestions from last week so thank you all for your encouragment and suggestions! :hug:

I did not weigh myself every day, I waited until today!

I found that my first week went well and I had only minor cravings, and was able to keep myself busy and not snacking (even on what is permissibe). I just got busy everytime I had a craving. I tend to get wrapped up in things and distracted from my cravings when I do that.

I enjoyed the meals that I prepared. I'm happy that I planned the meals in advance and made sure that I had all of the ingredients on hand. I also found that in preparing for "leftovers" made it easy to eat properly on the days that I didn't feel like cooking, avoiding turning to fast food.

I am down to 168 this morning, down 4 pounds!
:trampo:

mamakat
06-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Good morning all,
Hubby was so nice to me this morning, he took the kids to school so that I could sleep in and boy did I! Last night I was actually surprised that aside from my foot everywhere else felt pretty good. Only when I got up I noticed my back was sore as though I had been doing back exercises or weights. I tried to figure out why those muscles would hurt and have come up with, it must have been when I was doing the crab crawl down the mountain side. When I woke up I could feel it in my arms too. So I believe a got a good workout done yesterday. I'm not feeling too terrible either which is amazing. My foot feels back to it's normal self and I have plans for my nightly boardwalk.
Melissa I'm glad you got to sleep in. You needed it.
zoodoo If I cooked every day would be a Friendly's day. Infact when hubby is out of town for more than a day, we're usually at Friendly's. They are not a gluten free friendly restaurant.
shish I hate those large gains but they usually equal themselves out quick enough. Drink lots and lots of water, stay away from the salt and caffeine as best you can and it should go fast.
Diana I've always wanted to try Thai food but worried it would be too spicey. How is it on the spice?
Jomo great job on the 4 lbs down.

zoodoo613
06-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Diana - I love Thai! I only wish we had some closer.

Berry - Nice you both had a good lie-in. You need those from time to time.

Jomatho - Shrimp? Hmm, that gives me an idea. :)

Shishkeberry - 9 lbs? Wow, that is intense. Hang in there, it'll disperse.

Jomo - 4 lbs! You're off to a great start! Congrats!

Mamkat - I love hiking, and you do often get a workout in places you never expected to. Thai food doesn't have to be spicy. Usually you can tell from the menu and order accordingly, or tell your server. I love it.

iamerican
06-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Hello everyone! I have weigh ins on Mondays and am down 2 pounds. whoop. Thats a total of 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I cant wait till I can get my ticker :)

Jamatho: I am with you to shoot for a perfectly on plan day. Lets get this done!

MzJuicyD
06-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Hey guys! I woke up this morning feeling great! I weighed in at 262.4, which surprised me because I felt like I weighed a ton! Haha. I got up early enough to fix me a good breakfast, which is something I'm trying to do regularly. I ate then got dressed. I didn't feel like my usual dark clothes, so I pulled out my white blouse and headed out!

I don't know what it is but 2 people commented on my weightloss, which is a little weird considering that I haven't really lost anything in 3 months! I see these people everyday! Maybe its the bright colors lol.

Now I know this may seem silly but I rewarded my 30 pound weight loss with a $30 purse. It might seem cheap to you guys, but college turned me into a coupon clippin cheapo! Lol. So spending $30 on a purse was a big deal! I must say I feel fabulous with my new bag! Haha

Lastly, I got inspired by another thread talking about a 98 day challenge. Therefore, I have decided to start my own 90 day challenge! It will start wednesday and my goal is 30 pounds! I think that's reasonable!

stacygee
06-06-2011, 02:15 PM
MzJuicy: That made me laugh that you felt like you weighed a ton this morning. I felt the same when I woke up... but surprisingly I was 171! What a relief it wasn't 175!

iamerican: congrats on the weightloss! stick with it!

mamakat: glad you caught the extra zzzz and the foot is better. enjoy your boardwalk!

jomo: congrats on the 4 pounds. THAT is AWESOME!

zoodoo: If I could have a dollar for every Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Sundae I had at Friendly's when I was in high school I would be RICH! YUM! I think that when I visit Ohio in July I will splurge on one! We don't have Friendlys in Texas.

shishkeberry: what was the meeting with the trainer like? what types of things will you do with your trainer? how often?

Berry: Oh- when if your last day of school?

Jo: Congrats on getting to your halfway point. That is GREAT! I was relieved that 175 left again. I really hope to never see that number again! I am already not on plan for today though. I had two cinnamon rolls this morning. They looked so golden and flaky I couldn't help myself. I will however stay on plan the rest of the day to make up for that little splurge!

Diana: Thanks for making the thread for this week.

-----------------------------

I had a 30 minute lower body workout with my trainer this morning then I did 30 minutes on the elliptical. I'll go back to the gym tonight for spin class.

My husband wants tacos for dinner so I am going to run to the store for some LAuras Lean Ground Beef. It is expensive but very lean. That way I can eat the taco meat on my salad.

L R K
06-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Hi All!

Just jumping in quickly here today. Got a busy day so not a lot of time.

Here is my plan for Mon 6/6/2011

B - 1 whole wheat bun w/ natural PB & blueberry jam + 1 cup fresh strawberries + 1 choc.vanilla soy pudding

L - Left over Thai food, Veggie Pineapple Rice

D - Tempeh and veggie skewers w/ a homemade bbq sauce grilled on the bbq + homemade potato salad with a balsamic type dressing + 2 homemade vegan cookies for dessert

Drinking: At least 2L water + 1 :coffee: w/ soy milk + pepsi

Exercise:45min walk with the dog :running:

Have a good day all, hope the weather is as nice for you as it is here! :sunny:

Vixsin
06-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Totally posted in the last thread this morning. LOL

I'm up again this morning. 190.0 on the dot. Whatever. TOM's here in full effect. I did massive cleaning and going up and down stairs all afternoon yesterday. Myfitnesspal said I burned 652 calories from moving things around the house for 25 minutes and cleaning with light to moderate effort for 90 minutes. Personally, I thought it was horse-pucky but I logged it anyway. LOL

I've got much work to do so I'll try to check back a little later. Have a great day!!

uwfan27
06-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Happy Monday everyone! I'll jump in this thread for the first time and wish us all the best of luck this week!

Berryblondboys - So you ended up missing the Zumba class this morning? I was curious how it went because I'm going for the first time this Wednesday. I am nervous too, not sure what to expect. Anyone have experience?

Today is off to a good start. Healthy breakfast full of protein and just polished off some healthy leftovers for lunch. I plan on a snack of LF string cheese and apple this afternoon before hitting the gym. I’m starting a new exercise regime today, I’ll be doing weights and cardio every day (6x week). I will focus on one body part per day for strength training and follow it with 20 minutes of interval cardio (with 5 min warm/cool down). Obviously I will occasionally deviate but I’m ready to step it up and start to incorporate weights again!

Tomorrow we are having a celebration at work and I know there will be cupcakes there. These amazing cupcakes from a local bakery that has won awards for their delicious cupcakes. I can’t decide if I should have some or not. I’ve debated between allowing myself to eat one, then deciding to eat half of one, then saying it’s not worth it. What would you do?!?! I am fearful if I give in it will lead to a binge for the rest of the day (I’m predisposed to binges).

jomatho
06-06-2011, 06:43 PM
I am exhausted! The outdoor work is going to kill me! Actually, I don't mind it, but then I come in the house and realize I am behind with the housework, I still have to cook dinner and I only got one load of laundry done, and I didn't run my errands, etc. There is just not enough time in the day to get it all done. When do you just get to sit and enjoy things?
Ok, I didn't come here to complain about how overwhelmed I am, I came to say I have been on plan so far and right now have fish, asparagus and potatoes in the oven, so unless I have a really bad craving later, it should end up being a good day in that respect. Probably still low on water with how hot it was outside, I will keep drinking. How's everyone else doing today?
iamerican, how is your day going?

berryblondeboys
06-06-2011, 09:56 PM
jomatho that was me with gardening last month. My yard looked great, but the dust bunnies were mating in the house. But, it will all get done and it's great exercise!

uwfan27 Yep, I missed it. I was dropping my son off at school at the time I needed to be in the studio. Oh well, there's next week. Tomorrow I'm doing a basic aerobics class. I'll see how that goes.

vixsin Sorry TOM is messing with you. The one good thing is that it goes away! And yes, housecleaning burns a lot of calories.

iamericanWoohoo! on your loss for this week!

shshkeberry Try not to get frustrated. you know there is no possible way for that weight to be anything but water. Just try to be patient while it works it way off and maybe figure out what triggered such a water retention problem so that you don't have it happen all the time.

zoodoo It's hard being a mom trying to juggle everything. I know I tend to be a last minute planner even though every year I swear I won't do it again. Sure... right! LOL Hope today was a more successful day for you.

mamakat So glad that you felt great today after your hike yesterday! And I hope your boardwalk walk was nice too.

jomo Great loss! Sticking to a plan does get easier and easier.

Stacygee Glad to see you are about where you were when you left for vacation. That 175 just wanted to give you a little tease! Also, Laura's beef is the only beef I will buy.

MZJuicy I'm glad you treated yourself to a new purse and your gusto about this is really shining through. I hope it sticks with you!

For me, I got my bike all ready today (except for the bike bags to hang from the rack, but I ordered it!) and I rode to the grocery store! It was so great! The ride there is mostly uphill, but somehow the paths manage to bypass the wost of the hills. I only had to hop off the bike once for about 15-20 feet on the way there. Took me twenty minutes to get there (got off teh bike twice to verify where I needed to go on the trail map) and then I shopped and then I loaded up the $75 worth of groceries into my bike trailing thingee and rode home. Home was coasting much of it (which is good as that's when it's the heaviest load) and got home in 12 minutes. Average heart rate going there was 131 (max 160) and average heart rate coming back was 126 (max 160). It felt great, was scenic and didn't cross any major intersection and only one street with a crosswalk! How much easier can it get?

So, no more driving to the store! From now on! Bike riding ONLY. Exercising with a purpose. I LOVE it!

Diana3271
06-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Jo Great job staying on plan yesterday. Is your pool above ground or in ground?

Shishkeberry How did it go with the trainer at the gym?

Zoodoo I wish we had calories on the menus here. It would be a big help.

Jomo Conrats on the 4 pounds! :carrot:

Mamakat The items that I order at the Thai restaurant are not spicy. I think a lot of their food is spicy, though. I think DH's food was a little too spicy for him. ;) Congrats on getting to sleep in! That's a good feeling.

Iamerican Congrats on the 2 pounds. :carrot:

MzjuicyD Congrats on waking up and feeling great! :dance:

Stacy Did you use package taco seasoning in the beef? The sodium always gets me. The last time I made it homemade from a link that Berry posted.

Lauren Hi :wave: Great plan!

Vixsin Hang in there, TTOM will pass. Mine will be showing up soon, too.

Uwfan27 Hi and Welcome! :wave: If you are predisposed to having binges, I would abstain from the cupcakes. Especially if cupcakes are something that would trigger you.

Berry Congrats on riding the bike to the store! :carrot:

Diana3271
06-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Total Approx 1440 Calories + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Chicken Breast 400 calories
2 orders green beans 200 calories
So delicious coconut ice cream bar 100 calories

Exercise:
500 Jump Ropes
TF Fire 55 EZ

K9Owner
06-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Here’s the skinny on Zumba for those interested: I take 2 different instructors: Bridget, the :drill: sergeant and Cindy, the laid back instructor. I’ve also done “Black-lite Zumbathons and Charity events with Zumba to raise $ for them.
I like Bridget’s class the best. She is very “In Your Face” and will look at you and tell you to give her 110%, even in a class of 60 other ladies. Her old routine was more fast songs than slow—then she changed a few songs around. Now, it seems there is more slow than fast.
Don’t expect to get the moves on your 1st class, you probably won’t.
Bridget always says, give the class 3 tries, if after that, you hate it--she doesn't take it personally.
Remember, Zumba is all about HIPWORK! They strongly encourage you to move your hips.

To get some basic Zumba moves, check out the following uVids!

Basic Zumba Moves (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzm3jO_yQno&feature=BFa&list=PLC132A98B12EDA5F1&index=3) (Salsa, Kumbia, Merengue, Reggaeton)

One Of my Fave Songs and Dances from Bridget’s old routine Me Gusta (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSdPw8bdGcA&feature=BFp&list=PLC132A98B12EDA5F1&index=4)

All 36 of these uVids (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1_8yGqliDI&feature=BFa&list=PLDAC2BBAD41CA3D74&index=5) are different Zumba Routines, but some of them are actually American line dances turned into Zumba routines

Hopefully, this will help get you all acquainted with :dancer:

As far as what to take to class, I take 2 water bottles, 1 bandana to wipe off sweat, chap stick, & my Polar FT40 HRM. I would suggest shorts and Coolmax or Under Armour gear and a good sports bra, but I see fashion/exercise no-no's at every class.

Have Fun and GET OUT THERE!!

K9Owner
06-06-2011, 10:45 PM
I’ve been MIA and busy. I am helping a few friends co-teach VBS this week (1st Grade).
They are so fun at this age! This is my 4th yr to do it.

Unsure if I posted for Sat. or not, but cals were 885, so good for me.

Sunday
Cheese Omelet 125
Qdoba Naked Burrito without rice, Sour Cream, Guac 548 x2
(I had this for lunch and dinner)
Greek Yogurt, SF Caramel Syrup, Almonds, SF Popsicle 275
Total 1496

H20 64 oz

Monday
Greek Yogurt, SF Caramel Syrup, Almonds, String Cheese 285
BBQ, slaw, TCBY White Choc Mousse/Ruby red Grapefruit Sorbet Swirled :drool: 958
Cheese Omelet 155
Total 1398

H20 64 oz

I totally guesstimated on the lunch (2nd Bday of the month). I have resisted VBS cookies (ALL flavors),
caramel cake, coconut crème pie, dirt pudding, and Italian Crème Cake today.
When I told you all I am constantly surrounded with ridiculous amounts of desserts, I wasn’t joking.
Today was defo a victory for me—as I scraped by with an approximate 1400 cals, b/c I had to over-guess lunch & chose the lesser of the evils by having something DELICIOUS at TCBY.
Not being able to exercise is killing me this week as well, but until I get over this infection I have, it is just physically impossible to do anything :mad:

Hope everyone is having an OP week. TOM is gone and I should ovulate by the end of the week, and I’m really, really hoping for a loss on Friday!

K9Owner
06-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Where oh where is our DianaLA??
Miss you girlie!
:hug:

iamerican
06-06-2011, 11:38 PM
K9: congrats on resisting. All those foods would drive me nuts. Your will power is awesome! Nice job!

I made a new goal for myself. By Sept. 5th (right before school start) lose 15 pounds. Thats just over a pound a week. :)

berryblondeboys
06-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Where oh where is our DianaLA??
Miss you girlie!
:hug:

Whenever someone leaves I always worry about them falling off the bandwagon and being afraid to post. And by not posting, of course, it just makes it more likely to stay off the bandwagon. Now, with Sum38 gone now and Stacygee gone last week, we knew why. Vacations, but Diana in LA? hmmmm... So COME BACK DIANA!!!

shishkeberry
06-07-2011, 12:22 AM
@stacy and diana... It went pretty well and she put me through a really tough workout, but it wasn't as helpful as i thought it would be. I thought she'd show me around more. I only get one session and it's too expensive to have a regular trainer. But the lady i worked with is a summer intern for college, so she said she'd be willing to help me with any questions all summer since she's not getting paid. I like her, too. She was easy to talk to and she didn't make me feel bad.
@berry... Yeah, it sucks and it was a huge shock to see the scale this morning. I expected some water weight, but nine pounds? Yikes! I know what happened. I ate too much salty fast food and I didn't drink enough water. It wasn't a complete wash because I didn't go over maintenance calories, but it was close. I did really good today, though. I drank plenty of water and i stayed around 1500 cal.

Diana3271
06-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I need the coffee IV this morning! :coffee: I went to bed too late last night because I was trying to get caught up with some stuff. I got up earlier than normal because I have to take my Mom to have a medical procedure done. I only got 5 hours of sleep :faint:

I hope you have a fantastic on plan day!

Weigh In: 146
Up: .4

still
06-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Good morning everyone!

Diana, I am totally with you on the coffee IV today. All I want to do is go back to sleep.

Yesterday was a good on plan day. I do think the weekend is catching up to me though. We had both the town carnival and my DH's graduation party this weekend, and while I did my best to stay on plan, I did have some carnival vinegar fries at the carnival and some dirt cake and alcohol at the party. So I've been bouncing between 168 (good) and 170 (not so good) at weigh in for the past few days. Today was a 170 day.

I also think I've overexercised between all the activity this weekend and actual gym time so far this week. My calves are burning because of all the walking I did in sandals this weekend. So today I'll take a rest, drink lots of water, and make sure to keep my calories in check.

Berry- that is too cool about riding your bike to the store! I love functional exercise so much. DH, DS and I rarely drive anywhere in town in the summer because everything is close enough to walk it. Love it!

jomatho
06-07-2011, 07:23 AM
Count me in for the coffee IV this morning! On top of not sleeping well, I am sore everywhere, even my fingers and palms! Today is supposed to be very hot and humid, so I think I will take a rest day from outside. Last day of school today, they get out at 11:25, and then the summer baseball league starts today with a double header at 4:00. I guess I won't have much time for work anyways.
Scale was down again to 185.4, but I feel heavier today because I am so sore all over. Oh, and I stuck to my plan like glue yesterday, even sat out on the back porch with my DH while he had a mixed drink and I had water!!! Maybe I would have slept better with a drink :lol:
Hope everyone has a great day, I may check back in if I have some between times, but most likely this day will get away from me with all the kids stuff. Have a good one!

berryblondeboys
06-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Add me to the coffee IV list, but I don't do caffeine any more, so I don't think decaf coffee will do the trick.

My oldest son (reallllllly strong ADHD) had all this 'forgotten' homework to finish up. He finally went to bed at 1 am. Gets up at 6:25 am. My younger son was talking to himself in his room and occasionally calling out to us until about 1 am too (I think with all his big brother's big voice, it woke him up and didn't allow him to fall back asleep). So, basically, I had 5 hours of sleep Friday night, 5 hours of sleep Saturday night, 9 hours of sleep Sunday night and a bit more than 5 hours of sleep Monday night. One good night doesn't create any buffer!

It's going to be screaming hot the next few days. Today just around 90 and the next two after that over 95 so I doubt I'll be riding the bike much unless early or late in the day. My plan is to ride to the ticket office to buy concert tickets today, stopping at the bank first and maybe at the library after (they are all near each other), but not sure I'll ride it or not. I have aerobics at 10:30 am, so with sleepy child (not even sure I'm sending him in to school today - it's field day, he's sleeping and he tends to get overwhelmed with lots of loud noise... but also, he loves to have fun, run around with other kids, so it's hard to know what's best) my day is unpredictable at this point.

Scale is down .4 this morning which is still .6 higher than my 'blip' low. TTOM is scheduled to start tomorrow.

shellsbrood
06-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Hi, gals, I'm back! :D

I had an amazing time away with my hubby, but boy did we have a huge bunch of issues plague us. Delta is the worst airline to fly with ever! And, when we first got to Disney, I had a tummy bug for the first few days and once I was better, dh came down with a kidney stone attack! We still made the best of it, despite all that. Our vacation ended up a day longer, because we were stranded in Atlanta due to too many delays.

I did end up maintaining my weight last month, which was my goal. Since getting back OP, I've dropped a couple of pounds this week and am happily at a new low of 184.4. :)

Here's a pic of dh and I on our vacation.

Larry H
06-07-2011, 08:07 AM
I am glad today is a new day because I blew it yesterday!!:( It started out OK but we had to drive to MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa to get some prescriptions. At the base exchange food court I decided on the diet Taco Bell burritos which were 350 calories each. As lunch is our larger meal of the day I got two of them with a caffeine free diet soda. When I got home and recorded my lunch I discovered to my dismay that the Fresco style burrito's had 1270 mg sodium each. My 2000 daily plan for sodium was out the window.:mad: The burritos also seemed to make me very hungry in the evening and I nibbled and over ate.

I finished the day with 1792 calories 292 over plan and 2903 mg of sodium 903 over plan.:mad:

I did get to walk about a mile.

My weight was still the same, no scale movement yet.

Larry,

darius
06-07-2011, 08:15 AM
I have been walking around 7km a day for the past 2 years and it just seems like it isn't hard enough even though I am walking what I consider to be pretty fast.
I started the C25K program this week (I learned about it reading this forum). I downloaded an app on my iPod that yells at you and tells you to walk or run at intervals - makes it very easy. W1, W2 were too easy so I went to W3 and I don't really like the programmed intervals that much, so I downloaded a new app where you can program your own intervals. I have it set up tomorrow to do 4 minute jog, 1 minute walk, and repeat...

zoodoo613
06-07-2011, 09:15 AM
iamerican - Woohoo on those 2 lbs! And your goal is totally doable! Go for it!

MzJuicyD - Maybe you should wear bright colors more often! :D

Stacy- OMG the Reese's pieces sundae was my drug of choice in HS. I was looking at it on the menu but decided to steer clear!

Lauren - I always read your menus with interest. I need to start taking notes!

Vixsin - I often wonder about calorie calcs for that sort of thing. When I'm doing "real" exercise I trust fitday, but when I've been cleaning for 4 hours, say, I'm always suspect that I'm not working as hard as they think I am. Or turning compost! Oh man, that burns through some calories, if fitday is to be believed.

uwfan - If it were me, I'd have the cupcake, but I guess I might make a different decision if I thought it would lead to a binge.

jomatho - Don't you hate how you can't get absolutely everything done that you want to? I always underestimate how long things will take.

Berry - I love the biking to grocery store idea, and occasionally do it for a couple things, but I just can't see myself making it work for a regular shopping trip. I have enough trouble making myself go as it is! Speaking of underestimating how longs thing take (above), last week I decided that I would walk to the store for the lime I needed for the recipe I was making. 2.25 miles roundtrip. We didn't end up eating until 8 that night. ;D

Diana - I'm with you on the coffee and I got 7 hours of sleep. 5 is my bare minimum for functionality.

K9 - I'd never survive around all that dessert!

Still - Rest up! You'll be back at it soon!

Shellsbrood - Welcome back! Oh yikes! Kidney stones are the worst. Hope he's doing better.

Larry - You blew it?! You never blow it! Your definition of blowing it is still a pretty reasonable day.

Darius - If you've been doing the same exercise for 2 years, I'm not surprised it's getting easy for you. Stepping it up is a great idea, but make sure you don't push yourself too fast!

darius
06-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Darius - If you've been doing the same exercise for 2 years, I'm not surprised it's getting easy for you. Stepping it up is a great idea, but make sure you don't push yourself too fast!

Thank you zoodoo; that's good advice - the last thing I want is to get injured and not be able to exercise...

iamerican
06-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Jomatho: Nice job being on plan! Whoop!

Still: I know the walking in sandals all day feeling. I feel like my heel is going to fall off. Rest up! Nice job being on plan yesterday!

Shellsbrood: Maintaing on a trip! That is a feat! Then a new low! That is awesome. Congrats!

Darius: That app sounds really cool. What is it called? I might have to get that. I don’t know if I am in running yet, but it’s be nice to have when I am.

I was ate really well yesterday and did 40 min of cardio and 20 min of weights. Look at me go! The biggest change I have seen in the last couple weeks is my energy. Honestly, I was sleeping at least 9 hours everyday and was so exhausted. It must have been all that crappy food. Now I am feeling better. Could this time of getting my butt in gear (what? It must be trial 543 now right?) be THE time! I hope so. I added sodium count to myfitnesspal. It is just interesting to look at. Never really acknowledged it. Thanks guys!

zoodoo613
06-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Man, I just can't get it together! I thought I was doing OK yesterday, but this morning when I was looking through the food I'd logged, I realized I'd left out my oatmeal! Once I logged that, I ended up with 1590 calories for the day. It's not an insanely high number, but it seems like I have more high end numbers than low end numbers these days. Ack! My average since getting back from Florida is 1630. My average before FL was 1530. I'm heading in the wrong direction! I've gotten on the wii fit for the past 2 mornings, but not soon to get much of a workout in. General running around will have to do for exercise.

I sent my son to school today with 28 invitations. He asked me what would happen if they all came :D I said we'd be in big trouble! I'm expecting 10 kids, 15 tops. With any luck I scared a lot of them off with the late invite. :D I got a lot done last night and am going to focus on party prep for until later in the week, when I'll hopefully be able to get my husband to help with general house and yard clean up. I got the out-of-the-ordinary stuff (buying the dump permit, loading the truck with the stuff for the dump, putting fencing around the blueberries) that he's bad at done already. He's a champ when it comes to the routine stuff, where as I'm better at the project stuff. Sounds like a good combo, but it somehow doesn't quite meet in the middle to getting everything done. :D

L R K
06-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Hope everyone is having a lovely day, another lovely :sunny: day here in TO. I am loving this weather!!! Makes me want to get up and do things BUT alas I am stuck inside at work booooooo!

Oh well, gotta pay the bills :D

Here is my plan for the day Tues 6/7/2011

B - 1 whole wheat bun with Earth Balance, soy cheese slice & tomatoes + 1 cup canteloupe + 1 glass choc almond milk

L - Leftovers from last night, veggies and tempeh done on the bbq with a home made bbq sauce + potato salad w/ a balsamic type dressing

D - Homemade pumpkin rotini + 2 homemade vegan cookies

Drinking: At least 2L water

Exercise: Physio today + 45min walk with the dog :running:

Bye for now :wave:

Vixsin
06-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Good Morning All!!

The scale greeted me with whooshing away 1.8 to a new low of 188.2. :) Thank you, scale.

Had a great run last night. My wonderful friend Pedro came to visit for a while too. Went to bed FAR too late and only got almost 6 hours of sleep. :tired: I feel a bit achy and sore today. Thinking about taking an incline walk on the tread this evening.

Much, much work to do so I will, as always, try and check back at lunch time. I'm hoping for a perfectly on plan day for you all!! :grouphug:
Darius: Welcome!!!!!! :wave: Yay for you and doing C25K. That program has made me the runner that I am today! I also strongly agree with Zoodoo about being careful and pushing yourself. When I first started I pushed too hard and way too fast and ended up on the sidelines not able to work out for 5 months. Take it slow and steady. Your body will thank you!!! Best of luck on your journey and welcome to the group!! We're glad to have you here! :hug:

LindseyLou
06-07-2011, 10:46 AM
I'M BACK!!!!!

After a couple weeks of crazy schedules and grabbing a bite to eat here and there I've gained a few. :( Today I weighed in at 141.4....over maintenance!!! :nono: So, I'm back to post daily what I'm eating and what I'm doing for exercise! This time I'd like to reach 135 and maintain UNDER that. Anyways, I've gotta get ready for an interview...but here's my plan for today. Calories are a bit low so I may snack on something HEALTHY to up the calories, or not.

B – Cereal (shredded wheat) w/1% milk 250
S – Greek yogurt 120
L – Soup 200
S – Strawberries 50
D – Turkey Burgers 600

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for exercise today...I'll post that later once I figure that out. :)

Hope you all have a great day! I'll try to catch up on personals later on. However I did skim and see Shells is back from vacation and has a new low! Congrats Shells! And you too Vixsin! :woohoo: I also see that Berry is only a few pounds from Onderland!! :bravo: Y'all are awesome! :D

MzJuicyD
06-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Still: You cant go to a carnival and not have a little carnival food! lol

Jomatho: Congrats on staying on plan!

MzJuicyD
06-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Berry: I need to invest in a bike! lol

Shells: I'm glad you were still able to enjoy yourself on vacation even though there were a lot of complications!

Larry: Today is a new day!!!!!!!!!!! I know you will be able to bounce back from that minor fall. I think I need to start recording my sodium intake as well. The only thing I really focus on now is calories. Maybe you can offer me some tips!

iamerican: I, too, have noticed an energy increase! Before I was ALWAYS exhausted! Now I love exercising!

ZooDoo: Try not to beat yourself up as far as calorie intake. I always vary my intake and that seems to work best for me. On days I exercise less i stay around 1500. If I excerise more then I take it up to 1700-1800. I don't know why it works for me but it does!

Vixsin: Congrats on the new low!

LindseyLou: Welcome back! I know you will get back on track!

MzJuicyD
06-07-2011, 11:50 AM
As for me, I weighed in at 262.8 this morning, which was surprising. I thought I would be way up because I took that Body Pump class yesterday and I'm always up after that! I did a pretty good job as far as my eating yesterday and I spent 2 hours at the gym. I took my Body Pump class followed by Zumba. After my workout I started feeling really nauseous and it was kinda scary. Ive never felt like that after a workout before. Does anyone know why this might have happened?

After i made it home from the gym i managed to fix dinner. I made turkey burgers and heated up some frozen sweet potato fries i bought. I had never had sweet potato fries and was a little afriad to try it. All in all....i LOVED them and now they are a new fav!

I plan on heading back to the gym today for another zumba class. My 90 day challenge officially begins tomorrow and ive never been so excited! My goal is 30 pounds!

TamTam
06-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Hello all. Got up at 5am and did our 3 laps, am home alone today and "off" and have not stopped yet! Going for my diabetes education appointment and I assume getting my glucose meter.

8am: oatmeal(5 minute one)
honey
milk

11am: baked chicken leg
small amount of spaghetti noodles
small amount of veggies sauted in small amount of butter

2pm: same as 11am

5pm: strawberries

7pm: boiled shrimp with crackers(about 4) and dipping sauce

Have a blessed day. Tammy

Larry H
06-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Larry: Today is a new day!!!!!!!!!!! I know you will be able to bounce back from that minor fall. I think I need to start recording my sodium intake as well. The only thing I really focus on now is calories. Maybe you can offer me some tips!

MzJuicyD - My experience trying to get a handle on sodium while losing weight is:

1. Stay away from processed foods with a few exceptions they all seem to think the more sodium the better!;)

2. Be very careful in restaurants where sodium is used freely in cooking. Even foods you would never associate with sodium, salads with diet dressing for instance frequently have a lot of it.

3 The best way is to cook your own food with low sodium ingredients and leave out the salt where it is possible in recipes.

4. Recommended daily levels of sodium seems to be quite controversial. Most recommend no more than 2300 mg per day but more recent research from John Hopkins Medical School indicates that 1500 mg per day is better. This is also what the American Heart Association recommends. I have set my personal limit at 2000 mg but I may lower that to 1500 mg once I get my daily control better.

As with anything new, at first it seems very difficult but with practice it gets much easier.

Larry,

jomatho
06-07-2011, 01:47 PM
:yay: WELCOME BACK SHELLS AND LINDSEY! :yay:

***Sending out vibes to DianaLa, wishing she would come check in with us too!!!***

TamTam
06-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Just got back from my appointment, got my new accucheck glocose meter, she took my glucose approx 2 hours after I ate and it was 104 which is good from what I gather, now I have to go to 2 classes and monitor my glucose every morning. I want to get this weight off and get off all these meds and monitors. Have a blessed day. Tammy

berryblondeboys
06-07-2011, 05:39 PM
I was running errands today and I realized at 3 pm that the only thing I had eaten all day was a protein shake and I wasn't hungry? What is up with that? I ate a bit of a snack and will eat a good supper, but why do we have days where food is nowhere on the radar and other days all we can think about is food? So weird!

Went to Marshall's and was excited beyond excited to be able to find TWO bras in my size on the racks. One for 9.99 and one for 12.99! I just need one more that will work with scoop neck blouses as these I found are pretty full coverage, but hey! That' makes three bras that fit now! Woohoo!

I also got some fencing to keep the buggers out of the garden - little rascals! Now I need to figure out how to get myself in and out of there! LOL

More fajitas tonight, but YUM! So healthy! I will grill the chicken and make my owl salsa and serve it with roasted peppers and onions and a sliced up avocado. We don't eat things like sour cream. Just all those fresh veggie goodies!

Soon, I'll have my own tomatoes - unbelievably, they are beginning to ripen!

darius
06-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Darius: That app sounds really cool. What is it called? I might have to get that. I don’t know if I am in running yet, but it’s be nice to have when I am.

iamerican: I downloaded 3 apps:

1. C25K - Bluefin Software LLC: This is my favorite because it has a male or female voice saying to run or walk and tells you "last run coming up" and also tells you, in a 3 or 4 minute run, "2 minutes left", "1 minute left". Very nice application but I wanted something where I can make customized run/walk times. Also manages the song list if you use music.

2. RunWalk - Lee Wenzier: Very simple application with only a run timer and a walk timer. And variable sound cues to tell you when to change from run to walk. So I can set 4 minutes run, 1 minute walk, and continuously repeat. But I wish there was a countdown feature like a voice saying "1 minute left" etc.

3. RunCompanion - Mathieu Routhier: You can program in variable warm up time, cool down time, run, jog, walk times, in any combination, and also manages the song list during each category so you can have different music for run/jog/walk etc. I wish there was a countdown voice in this app. This is the app that I am going to start using today.

themilesawaygirl
06-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Hi everyone. I have been soooo busy lately I've not had a chance to check in. I'll try to catch up quickly before bed:

MzJuicyD - I used to get really sick after working out, when I was pushing myself too hard. It sounds like you really went for it at the gym - was this a big step up for you?

Zoodoo I totally feel for you struggling with good days / bad days. I have the same struggles daily. Just keep going and telling yourself you can do it. xx

Larry Thanks for the sodium info - I never knew it was that simple! I might add it to my nutrient tracker out of interest.

I've been pretty good so far this week. Didn't make it to the gym yesterday as I was at work for 12 hours. Went twice today though and have only slipped so far this week with a tiny bit of cake. Here's hoping I can keep some control for the rest of the week.

mamakat
06-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Hi all,
I wanted to stop in a tell you that I've had a little set back. I don't know if it was the trail hiking or just my body being itself, but I haven't been able to do my boardwalking these past two days. I'm not down about it, just wanted to let you know I was still around just not a whole lot to report.

Oh wait! I lost a pound. Yep kept it off now for 3 days so it counts. Hopefully it won't sneak back while I'm out of commission. I am keeping an eye on my food intake. It's hot here so walking sounds daunting anyway. My DH is leaving for 3 days how fun is that going to be? :(

Berry I envy you and your biking. The last time I ever rode a bike was in 97. I had my baby on the back and do you know what...a group of beach bum (boys) "mooed" at me. That was the last time. I also envy your gardening and Larry's too. I can't grow a thing and even when I try I sneeze my head off. I love the results of any fine yard work but I hate the hard work it takes.
Good job to all those who got out there and did their exercises and OP days. Keep up the good work. For those of us who didn't quite make it, it's OK. Pick yourself up and keep on going. No reason for beating ourselves up, it doesn't help in the long run. I hope everyone has a nice evening.
:)

darius
06-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Darius: Welcome!!!!!! :wave:
Thank you Vixsin :D

Diana3271
06-07-2011, 09:07 PM
I am going to bed early tonight. I won't have time for a lot of personals.

I think we've decided to go out of town for the 4th of July. I let DH decide where to go this time. He decided on Kill Devil Hills, NC. (that's a heck of a name of a town ) It's located in the Outer Banks, NC. He did the research on the hotel this time. I haven't had a chance to do follow up research. He looked for a place that has an indoor pool for me. It's also right on the beach.

A big shout out, waves, and hugs to Lindsey and Shells :wave: :hug: Good to see you two!

darius Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Total Approx 1415 + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch 350 calories
Grilled chicken snack wrap, no sauce 250 calories
2 iced coffees w/ sweet 'n low and cream 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Baked chicken leg quarter 300 calories
boiled whole okra 100 calories
green beans 100 calories
boiled okra & tomatoes 100 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

berryblondeboys
06-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Darius Welcome! This is a great, supportive thread!

Shellsbrood So glad your vacation was great and WOW on maintaining! That's a great fete!

Lindsey Nice to see you! Hope your life settles down a bit for you!

catholiccajun Really good glucose reading! Happy learning!

LarryH I really thought you "blew it" by your description, but what I saw was a hiccup! But, I understand how having unintended slips can be frustrating.

iamerican Great workout! And I hope this is it for you too!

Zoodoo Woohoo! on getting the invites out and it is so easy to eat a bit more than you realize. A hundred extra a day adds up rather quickly, but you realize it, so you can fix it.

Vixsin Nice Whoosh! Glad you had a nice evening with a good friend too. That can be so rejuvenating.

Mamakat Sorry the walking fell to the wayside, but tomorrow is a new day.

Diana3271 Wow! What a name! Love it! I hear the Outer Banks are wonderful. I swear half of DC area goes there to vacation every year.

MZJuicyD You sound like you are doing great!

Kind of bummed today. Tired and dealing with hormones. Sometimes it just breaks my heart with having my high functioning/Asperger's son. He's such a joy, but I fear about his behaviors and his peer's reactions to them. So tough to stand by and watch.

ShyHeather
06-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Hello everyone. Thought I would join this, and maybe hold myself more accountable for my actions. I've been dropping the ball for two days straight. I start out great, really determined and then somewhere along the way it falls apart.

Today I started out with a bowl of vanilla Greek Yogurt with a tbsp of organic cocoa powder, and fresh cut strawberries. I was doing good until I got to the hospital to watch over my niece. I got so bored in there I just started nibbling on just about everything. I had a packet of graham crackers, then a cereal bar. A sip of her chocolate milk...

And it just kept going down hill for me. I grabbed cotton candy while we were out (once we were discharged) and was waiting for her prescriptions. She had a little, and I ended up eating the rest. :o:o:o And then for dinner I am just too embarrassed to finish, but let's just say I wish there was a rewind button so I could tell myself STOP!!! I don't know if it's my nerves, boredom and fear making it hard for me to focus.

I'm scared because I have had this pain in my lower abdomen that is to the left of my naval area, and then worried about these two interviews coming up. I've been turned down for two jobs all ready, and while I am grateful to have the part-time job I do now, I need something better. So stressing over this...and my niece's health....and money....and no one to really talk to.

Tomorrow I hope to stick to my guns though. Fixing a breakfast dish from Hungry Girl's 300 under 300 book and then fixing one for lunch as well. My weight today is just bad. 266.8!! I gained 1.8lbs since last week.

EDIT - @Diana: Wow, that sounds like a good day food wise. I need to start writing everything down I guess?

zoodoo613
06-07-2011, 09:43 PM
I will grill the chicken and make my owl salsa and serve it with roasted peppers and onions and a sliced up avocado. We don't eat things like sour cream. Just all those fresh veggie goodies!

I hope those aren't endangered owls you're using for that salsa!

Just kidding! I knew what you meant, but it made me laugh!:D

berryblondeboys
06-07-2011, 09:56 PM
I hope those aren't endangered owls you're using for that salsa!

Just kidding! I knew what you meant, but it made me laugh!:D

Owl salsa! That's pretty good! Now you gave me a laugh!

K9Owner
06-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Hi Ladies and Larry :)
Quick check-in for me before I go to bed….what a long, busy day—but seemed to go by very quickly!

I have to do better with taking my lunch to VBS. OMGoodness, I was famished both days without snacks or lunch until 1 in the afternoon!

Cheese Omelet: 142
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, Mixed Nuts 620
Mixed Nuts 180
2 Turkey Burger Patties w/mayo, salsa, ff cheese 526
Total: 1468

H20: 80 oz

I’ll get to personals when this week slows down, whenever that is!!
Have a great OP Hump Day Wednesday.

Day 2 of NO-BINGE from VBS :cookie:
Geaux Me :carrot:

Larry H
06-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Today was a better day in spite of eating at Cici's Pizza Buffet. I would rather not eat there but my DW really loves it so I go along. I tried only having salad once, but she got angry with me. Now I try to have only a little pizza. The limiting factor surprizingly is more with the high sodium content than with the calories. I go there knowing in advance what I am going to eat and I stick by it. :D

Pork Chop on the george foreman with rice and wax beans for lunch and CICI's
for dinner brought my daily totals to 1245 calories, in plan :D:carrot::D and 1998 mg sodium, just squeaked by in plan. :D:carrot::D

Still 235 pounds and it seems like forever now!

Walked 1.5 miles inside stores for the airconditioning.

Larry,

MzJuicyD
06-07-2011, 10:41 PM
themilesawaygirl:

Well i think you are right. I use to spend 2 hours in the gym every monday and lately i hadnt been able to make it. I guess my body needs to get readjusted! Also, the new zumba instructor is super high energy! I also did a little research and i found that dehydration can cause that nauseous feeling as well.

iamerican
06-07-2011, 10:53 PM
melissa: I agree that it is nuts how one day we can not think about food and arent hungry and the next we are ravenous. Whats up with that? Those fajitas sounds nummy!

darius: Thanks for those. I want to download runwalk! I will have to when my phone gets internet. It seems to be freaking out at the moment.

ShyHeather: Welcome! I joined this thread a couple weeks ago and love it. Hope you enjoy the support. I think writing things down is the key. I never even imagined how much I was truly eating until I started counting every bite. There are some great sites online like myfitnesspal.com and others that can help with this too. Good luck!

zoodoo: HAHA. That was funny. Owl salsa :)

Well, today I was very hungry. I had a long workout yesterday and did an hour long workout today! I burnt over 500 cal so it was expected. I was on my high side, but am happy with that. Plus, it was over 100 degrees here. Tomorrow I start working for Americorps, so bye bye all my fabulous time. Workouts will most likely be less frequent or at least less long. I am still aiming for 4 days a week though. I should be getting my new scale tomorrow :)

motivated815
06-07-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm new here...but love the idea of the daily accountability. So, with that being said...I'm going to just jump right in.

B-protein shake, .5L water

mid morning snack-light string cheese 16 oz. hot green tea w/1/2 tsp. of sugar free honey; .5L water

L-3 grilled chicken tenders w/sauteed mushrooms, .5L water

mid-afternoon snack- .5L water, 15 almonds, string cheese

workout-20 minutes on the treadmill followed by a 45 minute bootcamp class; 1L water

D-small salad; protein shake; baked chicken breast/no skin; .5L water

shishkeberry
06-08-2011, 01:35 AM
Welcome, motivated!

berryblondeboys
06-08-2011, 07:02 AM
Down .2 today. What happened to my usual post ovulation whooshing? I usually lose the entire two weeks. This time for only a few days! Wah! TTOM is due probably later today.

It's going to be really hot here today (that heat wave is hitting the east coast). I REALLY HOPE my plans for going to the gym for an aerobics class pans out this time - darn little kid has been messing with my plans with his wacko sleeping. I also need to clean out the garage.

I'm having a war with the critters in my yard. They devoured a begonia yesterday in a pot - only the stems just above the roots are left. The dahlias I planted as bulbs are just stalks as they've chewed all the leaves. And the parsley and cilantro are mowed too. Yesterday I put up a fence around the veggie/herbs to try to ward off at least the groundhog that is attacking the tomatoes. Rabbits will probably still make their way under. Darn rascals! Why do people like rabbits again? We have TONS of them. Where are all the fox? They aren't doing their job? In our last house, I saw ONE rabbit in five years and five seconds later, a fox chasing it (in the woods) - no lie... no rabbits! Here, I see fox occasionally, but tons of bunnies - tons of them.

Diana3271
06-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a fantastic on plan day!

Weigh In: 145.6
Down: .4

ShyHeather Hi and Welcome! :wave: Keeping track of my foods has made a huge difference in my weight loss. Another big help has been watching the carbs/sugars. Keeping them lower helps with cravings.

Motivated815 Hi and Welcome! :wave:

shellsbrood
06-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Good Morning all! :coffee:

Yesterday's Info:

Breakfast: Kellogg's Chocolate Delight w/ Almond milk, coffee
Snack: Cheez its
Lunch: Veggie sticks and a slice of bread w/ tomatoes
Snack: Dark chocolate
Dinner: Haddock, 1/2 an ear of corn, broccoli rice
Snack: Popcorn

Calories: 1339

Hi, Lauren! How's the wedding planning going?

Diana--Hi! Have an amazing day and enjoy that 4th of July trip. It sounds great!

Melissa--This east coast heat wave is crazy. Sorry about your plants. :( I think I mentioned it before, but my hubby has Asperger's, too.

Hi, Motivated! Glad to have you with us. :)

iamerican--Great workouts! You're tearing it up. :lifter:

MzJuicyD--I get nauseous when I'm dehydrated, so I can attest to that.

LarryH--Great mile and a half walk. I bet you'll see your drop soon.

Krystal--Yes, yes, bring your lunch with you! Especially, with all those temptations around you. You are one strong lady!

Hi, Heather, welcome! :hug:

Welcome, Darius! I love Disney, so I love your avatar! :D

Mamakat--Rest and get better soon! Hiking can do a number on you.

themilesawaygirl--Wow, 12 hour days? Craziness! Hopefully, things settle down for you soon.

CatholicCajun--Those are great goals. I know you can do it! :carrot:

Thanks, jomatho. I've missed you guys! :D :hug:

Lindsey--Congrats on your 1st home. It's beautiful!! :D

Vixsin--Hey, girl!! How are you doing? I still can't believe all the trouble you've been having with those vandals. :mad: I hope you catch them soon!

Today's weigh in gave me another new low of 183.8. Usually, when I drop quickly, I bounce up a little so I'm mentally preparing myself for that. Well, I need to eat some breakfast and then need to clean. I'll check back later!

mamakat
06-08-2011, 08:48 AM
Ugh only 9 mins into walking the boardwalk and my calves are killing me. Im sitting on a bench looking at the water wondering do I try to go on or return. I didn't bring my cane and I'm walking solo. Geeze usually I've got this. I guess it was too soon:p. I hope you all have a great day!

MzJuicyD
06-08-2011, 09:00 AM
So everyone knows that my 90 Day challenge starts today!!!!!!!!!! My goal is to drop 30 pounds and stay active! I weighed in today to get my initial and guess what?!?!?! I hit a new low! 261.2!!!!!!! What a great way to start this ride!

zoodoo613
06-08-2011, 09:04 AM
So everyone knows that my 90 Day challenge starts today!!!!!!!!!! My goal is to drop 30 pounds and stay active! I weighed in today to get my initial and guess what?!?!?! I hit a new low! 261.2!!!!!!! What a great way to start this ride!

Congrats on the new low! (But isn't there just some tiny portion of you that wishes you hit that low tomorrow instead of today so it could count as part of those 30 lbs. for your challenge? :D )

RachaelJ
06-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Hey Everyone, I'm back from my mini vacay. Let's just say I didn't follow any diet while I was away nor did I excercise. But the good news is at weigh in today, I hadn't gained any weight, so I'm holding on at 155.:carrot: Now that I'm back to my regularly scheduled program in Atlanta I should be good with water, excercise and eating habits.

I'll check in again tomorrow.

shishkeberry
06-08-2011, 09:48 AM
I had a whoosh last night! I'm back down to 279. I was 282 last night. :) almost all that weekend weight is gone. Have a good day, all! After this little baby takes a nap I'm off to the gym and then grocery shopping.

zoodoo613
06-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Mornin'

Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy bounce. (That's the readings on my scale.)

I'm back down to 202 this morning, which is nice to see, but rather meaningless, I realize. I've lost weight before, and am familiar with fluctuations, but I don't remember the scale being this volatile with me in the past. Perhaps it's just because I'm doing it more slowly.

Had a pretty good day yesterday. Let's hope I can repeat it today. I don't anticipate too much trouble with that. There are bigwigs here at work, which usually means extra food around, but I only brought a salad for lunch, so I have room to swap out or supplement. I already waited out some pastries in the kitchen. That's one thing about food in an office: if you don't eat it, eventually someone else will. I'm on my own for dinner tonight (hubby and kiddo are going to a concert) so I have room for adjustment there too. And I've got all kinds of things going on at home, so boredom eating shouldn't be an issue.

L R K
06-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Hi All :wave:

Another super duper hot :sunny: day here in TO! The weather just keeps getting better and better! Going to be sitting around 30 today! YAY!

Here is my plan for the day Weds 6/8/2011

B - Grilled "Cheese" Sandwich (2 slices whole wheat bread w/ earth balance, soy cheese, veggie bacon) + 1 banana

L - Not sure yet, probably make a sanwich... nothing special

D - What I was supposed to have last night, pumpkin rotini

Drinking: morning :coffee: + At least 2L water + a 100cal can of coke

Exercise: 45min walk with the dog :running:

Have a good day gals and guys :wave:

L R K
06-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Hi, Lauren! How's the wedding planning going?

I'm all good an ready, there are just a few things left to do but otherwise I am as ready as i'll ever be :D

Planning our trips to Vancouver and New York now (also for weddings)!

Very excited!!!! :D

Vixsin
06-08-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm up a pound this morning to 189.2. I'm not surprised, last night was the third night in a row that I didn't get enough sleep. :tired: Fingers crossed that I can get to bed early tonight. :crossed:

Hope everyone is well!!!

GainingWeightInLa
06-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Hey guys! Sorry I've been gone so long. :( My busyness finally caught up with me and I started letting things go.....luckily my lifestyle change wasn't one of them! :D BUT I sure have missed you guys.....and I've thought about you all a LOT! Too much to catch up on thru reading---did I miss any REALLY BIG stuff? Catch me up! :) :) :)

My only real news is that I'm officially down to 195 (that was at meeting last night)......I'm not having huge losses lately, but haven't showed any gains at my weekly weigh ins....so that's positive! :) I'm trying to stay on plan......ya win some, ya lose some in that category, but there's always tomorrow to climb back on the wagon! This morning when I got up and weighed in my night clothes, I was 193.0!! YEAH!! Surprised me because my supper alone last night was over 3000 mg of sodium! :yikes:

Well, I'll BBL! Sure did miss you guys! I'm glad to be back!

buglee28
06-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Hello Everyone,
This is my first post on this thread and I am so Happy I found it, I need accountability (at least until I see a weight loss difference)or I make bad choices and give up!
I will give a little history of my weight loss trials, I am at a current weight of 232 and am trying to reach a goal of 150, I started out a few weeks ago going to the gym and working with a trainer. It was good for me because I had some one to hold me accountable for what I did and what I ate. To make a long story short I had to stop going and working out with my trainer due to cash flow and the last day we worked out I tore a muscle and could not work out for 6 weeks so now I am back, trying to get back into the grove and 5 lbs heavier than when I started.
I am trying to lose at least 20lbs by Aug for My Nephews Wedding, that is my first goal.
I hope to be an encourager as well as encouraged:D

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone!!

jomatho
06-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Hey guys! Sorry I've been gone so long. :( My busyness finally caught up with me and I started letting things go.....luckily my lifestyle change wasn't one of them! :D BUT I sure have missed you guys.....and I've thought about you all a LOT! Too much to catch up on thru reading---did I miss any REALLY BIG stuff? Catch me up! :) :) :)

My only real news is that I'm officially down to 195 (that was at meeting last night)......I'm not having huge losses lately, but haven't showed any gains at my weekly weigh ins....so that's positive! :) I'm trying to stay on plan......ya win some, ya lose some in that category, but there's always tomorrow to climb back on the wagon! This morning when I got up and weighed in my night clothes, I was 193.0!! YEAH!! Surprised me because my supper alone last night was over 3000 mg of sodium! :yikes:

Thanks for checking in, I was worried about you! Glad all is well and you are still plugging away. I totally understand how busy life is right now, way to go staying on plan! I sure did miss you :hug:

jomatho
06-08-2011, 12:42 PM
A little late for me checking in today, had to take youngest DS to orthodontist. He needs a space holder, but thats it for right now. Thank goodness because 2 kids in braces is going to hurt a lot more than 2 in diapers ever did :lol: Word of caution to you young girls that want to have children, space them out AT LEAST 3 years apart, trust me on this one.
I am up a pound today, yes a whole pound! TOM has just about finished, and I should be enjoying a whoosh cycle, but instead I am up a pound. WTH? Maybe sitting out in the 95 degree humidity at the ball games last night had something to do with it. I don't know, but for some reason today it didn't really bug me as much as it usually does.
I feel the need to run again. It has been a week and I am ready to get back at it. It just came to me last night that I felt like I needed to run. Either this afternoon or tomorrow morning, I think I will start out again with 2-3 miles. Also, I don't seem to get the ups on the scale as much when I am running, must control the water retention or something.
Hope everyone is having a good, on plan day!
Welcome to all the newbies and glad a lot of the regulars are back too!

berryblondeboys
06-08-2011, 01:39 PM

Oh so happy you checked in and you are rocking the weight loss - it's constantly coming down - GOOD FOR YOU! You are 5 lbs less than the last time you checked in. Slow? That's quick! High Five!

berryblondeboys
06-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Just came back from doing a lot of errands for getting our garage organized. I went to Dick's sporting goods to see if they had a bike rack for hanging bikes on the wall. They did, but not the kind I wanted. I decided to take a look around the store. I was so shocked and happy to see that I can fit their clothes (hasn't sunk in yet that I'm not plus size any more) and even more. I don't need an XL, but a large. What? I'm still over 200 pounds? I always said the smallest I would be is a Large. Seems since I've been fat they have changed sizing again and now I'll probably end up a medium. Honestly, I feel sorry for the tiny girls because the XS is probably now what used to be a Medium!

I got myself a couple running shirts and shorts that were on sale. Not for running but walking now that it's SUPER hot.

So, while the scale has been playing mind games with me, I do see I am definitely getting smaller and I love, love, love feeling more athletic/fit!

shishkeberry
06-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Berry, that's great that you don't have to wear plus size anymore!

Sum38
06-08-2011, 02:47 PM
HIIII!!!!

I am back. Tired and happy and I even managed to shed 2 pounds :)

K9Owner
06-08-2011, 03:22 PM
:carrot: YAAA! For the return of all our friends!! :carrot:

I managed Day 3 of VBS without 1 morsel of cookies! 2 more days! But Friday is Sundae Funday Friday in our class and my friend, Wendy--who is also the Director of the class--informed me we will serve ice cream sundaes with crushed oreos, M&Ms, Sprinkles, and candy bits. ((smh)) :devil:
Glad I weigh Friday morning BEFORE I go to class!!!

Today has been on plan, except I still can't exercise. I am going to the MD on Friday for a culture and a PAP. Yaa me :cry: (Sometimes nurses need a doctor too!)
I can't get over whatever it is I have, but all I know is this--before I went to the lake 2 weekends ago, I was fine. Now, I have welts on my back and some type of infection and despite meds--it's not healing :(

I am having serious cravings for cake this week, and I don't know why. I have resisted all week, but today may be the day I cave. Since I can't exercise, I know even a small piece will put me over in cals for the day!

still
06-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Hey everyone! I'm so glad to see everyone back!

I'm doing well, despite being back to 170. I got a new iPod last night- they discovered a short in the hardware. So I'm loading it back up! Woot!

Today my focus is staying on plan and drinking loads of water. I've been slacking in the H20 department lately, and its so HOT here.

Breakfast: hot tea with splenda, 1.5 c. of raisin bran granola cereal w/ milk
Snack: 100 cal pack of cocoa roasted almonds
Lunch: Balance protein bar, chocolate peanut butter (yum!)
Snack: Salt n vinegar popchips
Dinner: Hummus, kalmata olives, feta cheese, roasted red pepper, and artichoke hearts stuffed into whole wheat pita pockets. Double yum! I'll probably toss a salad in with that. As I'm looking at my day here I'm noticing a distinct lack of veggies.

I'm so exhausted lately I'm not sure I'll get any exercise in tonight. But thats okay because I aim for 3-4 times per week, and I've done twice so far.

Hope you guys are all doing fantastic and staying cool. :)

Larry H
06-08-2011, 07:03 PM
After 13 days of no change the scale gave me a 2 pound drop to a new low 233 pounds!! :goodscale:

DW and I ate at Perkin's for lunch, I am sure glad I did not order what she did!!:D She had! She ordered the Captain's Catch. When we got home and checked it it was 2410 calories and a whopping 4900 mg of sodium!:dizzy: Wow!!

I ate the Senior Tilapia with herb rice and spinach. My calorie count at lunch was 650 calories and 680 mg sodium. Much better choice than my DW made!!Dinner was rice and chicken breast cooked with no sodium bouillion. This brought my day total to 1360 calories and a relatively low 912 mg of sodium!! :D:carrot::D On Plan!!:D

No opportunity for exercise today!!

Diana in LA - Glad you are with us again!! :hug:

Sumi - Welcome back!! :hug:

Mellissa - I can sure identify with garden critters. Mine was visited by deer and they cleaned me out!! they ate all of the radishes, all of the green and yellow beans, ate all the cucumbers and the vines, and ate all of the green tomatoes. Evidently they do not like tomato plants, just the fruit. In stead of eating vegetables from my garden I may need to have venison!! :rofl:

Hi to everyone else :wave: and :welcome3: newcomers!!

Larry,

MzJuicyD
06-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Congrats Larry!!!!! You are truly an inspiration!

berryblondeboys
06-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Sum yay! So glad to see you are back! Yay on the 2 pounds too! I hope it was exactly what you needed!

Larry And two pounds for you too! Woohoo! And yes, those darn critters are going to make me mean! I think it's the groundhog, but MAN, plants are not cheap!

k9owner good job on staying on plan! if you are craving cake, try to make it angel food at least!

jomatho sorry you are up a pound, but you probably know why and good luck with running again (do it early to avoid the heat!)

iamerican Good luck with your new job tomorrow!

motivated815 Welcome! You will love it here!

vixsin sleep! sleep!! sleep!!! Sleep!!! I hear ya though, messes with everything when you don't get enough sleep.

shishkaberry Glad to see you are losing that weekend water weight gain!

shellsbrood yay on the new low! (I hope it sticks!) and tell me, and I don't mean to make this sound weird, because as a mom to a child with aspergers/autism, how do you both communicate? Did he have problems with sharing his feelings, back and forth conversation when he was younger? Are there still stumbling communication problems? You can PM me if you prefer. I love my son like any mother and he's a joy to be around, but his communication skills are definitely very different from most kids, but you still communicate... if that makes sense.

mamakat I hope you made it home OK. Are you wearing toning/shape up shoes? you really might want to stick to running shoes - they are easier on the leg muscles and podiatrists are really iffy on this new fad, so be careful!

mzjuicyd Yay on your new low and super good luck on your 90 day challenge!

RachelJ Welcome back from vacation and good job on maintaining while at it!

zoodoo Yay on the 202 and a night to yourself! Wow! Enjoy!

Lauren Stay cool! THough it sounds like you like it hot!

Diana3271 I am majorly impressed with you keeping right at your maintenance level so far - even the lower end of it - even with vacation weekend thrown in. How does it feel? ANy different?

buglee28 Welcome to the board!

Still Sorry you bounced back up and things are crazy busy for you right now. Boss still not easing up on hours?

This afternoon, in near 100 degrees, I was cleaning out the garage, reorganizing it and putting it all back in. Then I made dinner, which fortunately was mostly leftovers with a few add-ins to make it a complete meal. I showered and now I feel great. I feel better knowing my mother in law can park her car in the garage now. I was feeling guilty about her having to park in the driveway because of all the gardening stuff in the way and the new bikes. Now she leave the house in a comfortable car, park in a parking garage to keep it cool at the mall, and then come back to a cool garage.

When I was done and came back in (obviously dehydrated and hungry) I saw 201.2 on the scale, it blipped for a second at 199.8 as it bounced around to settle on a number. That's the FIRST time I saw it bounce low enough to be in the 1xx's. Means nothing as now I've eaten and had 4 big glasses of water (and yes, I was drinking while working too, just not enough).

TTOM hasn't started yet and it was due today. Maybe I miscalculated the big O day, but who knows... maybe my cycle is messed up with this whole perimenopause thing. (No way am I pregnant - so don't ask! :-) )

GainingWeightInLa
06-08-2011, 08:09 PM
OMG Larry.....you are literally a new man! I almost didn't recognize you!! I am so very, VERY proud of you......there are no words! I am in complete awe of your success! Did you EVER think at this time LAST year that you would be where you are now and have been thru what you've been thru now? Did you think you'd be as successful as you've been? How do you feel?!?!

Last night at my WW mtg, there was a man that shared his story. He began his journey 10 yrs ago at 499 lbs. He now weighs 240! He's gone thru counseling to figure out why he was eating himself to death. It was an amazing story......reminded me of you, Larry, just because he's endured so much, just like you! :)

Berry, not "officially" 5 lbs less (I don't count it as official until I've got it recorded on my WW weight record....even though I see it for myself on my own scales....silly, I know.....lol) My 192.6 is sticking with me all day today though....although, I usually weigh in jeans and today am weighing in cotton capris, which are much lighter. With jeans, I'm sure I'd be at 194.5. :shrug: Sometimes, I may be guilty of not giving myself enough credit! lol YOU, btw, look like you have had some pretty major swooshes since I was here last. I thought I remembered you still being 210 or so when I was here last? You're smokin' that beastly scale!! :woohoo: Rock on, girl!! :D

Okay, going to change my ticker....it's driving me nuts! lol OH before I go...NSV..guess what my sister, who has never been overweight a day in her life, called me today----SKINNY! I bout fell on the floor! lol Now, I know she was just being nice.....I DO still weigh in the 190's......but for her to say such a thing......I was like.....whoa!!! lol

GainingWeightInLa
06-08-2011, 08:27 PM
While I was changing ticker, I decided to change my Avatar, too.....in the pic with me is my AWESOME husband! I love this man with all of my heart! :D

Diana3271
06-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Diana(LA) Good to see you! LOVE the new avatar! You look great!

Larry Congrats on the 2 pounds! :carrot:

Berry Thank you. It doesn't really feel any different. Every day is a new challenge. I'm still doing all my same check-in's, etc. Someone asked me in one of my check-in's yesterday, if I was going to keep weighing every day and posting. I told her 'yes I am going to continue doing what I was doing all along. It worked then, so it should work now, during maintenance.' Got my fingers crossed on this one. ;)

Total Approx 1450 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (710 Calories)
Bread w/butter 160 calories
1 coconut fried shrimp 100 calories
6 ounce sirloin, no butter 250 calories
2 orders green beans, no butter, no seasoning 100 calories
So Delicious Coconut ice cream bar 100Calories

Exercise
500 Jump Ropes
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves

K9Owner
06-08-2011, 09:05 PM
This infection is kicking my body in ways beyond words!

Cottage Cheese. Greek Yogurt x 2, DanActive, Pineapple 446
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, Danactive: 414
:censored: (approx 690)
Rice Krispies, Almond Milk 159
Total: 1709

Again, some exercise would have at least kept my calories at bay!
I NEVER thought I’d say this—FRIDAY, PLEASE HURRY AND GET HERE!!

MzJuicyD
06-08-2011, 09:08 PM
OMG!!!!!! I'm mortified!!!!! I just took a walk to a neighbor's house 2 blocks away to deliver something. I was leaving and once outside she says "have u gained weight?" I could NOT believe it! Luckily her grandson saved me and said "No, she's losing!" Then she says "Oh! U look great!" WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

zoodoo613
06-08-2011, 09:12 PM
OMG!!!!!! I'm mortified!!!!! I just took a walk to a neighbor's house 2 blocks away to deliver something. I was leaving and once outside she says "have u gained weight?" I could NOT believe it! Luckily her grandson saved me and said "No, she's losing!" Then she says "Oh! U look great!" WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juicy, what is with the people you know?! Seems like you're always getting comments, one way or the other.

MzJuicyD
06-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Juicy, what is with the people you know?! Seems like you're always getting comments, one way or the other.

You are so right!!!!! These "comments" are annoying and hurtful!

IsabellaOlivia
06-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Yesterday I did c25k w1d2. Ate 1300 calories.

still
06-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Diana (LA) I love your new avatar! You look great!

shishkeberry
06-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Congrats on your 2lb loss, Larry. :)

berryblondeboys
06-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Diana in LAThe difference between your face in the two avatars is HUGE! You are looking mighty good! So proud of you!

MamaP
06-08-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm baaaaacccckkkkk......lol. Not sure how involved I'll be in discussions but I'm going to try. I've missed everyone.

Breakfast:
Protein Shake with frozen berries

Snack:
Greek Yogurt with grapes

Lunch:
Turkey Swiss on Pumpernickel bread with bean sprouts and avocado slices
Cottage Cheese
Sliced Cucumber

Snack:
Grapefruit
Cheese stick

Dinner:
Zucchini Spaghetti
Blue Bunny SF Krunch Lite
Sf Chocolate pudding (chosen over a piece of 500 calorie chocolate cream pie)

Snack:
Fruit Snacks

Struggling to stay out of the kitchen tonight and I'm hungry. There's not much healthy (and easy to choose from right now) and I really wanted a piece of that chocolate pie but looked at the calories and decided on the sugar free pudding.

Total calories approximately 1500. Lots of water.

iamerican
06-08-2011, 11:07 PM
MzJuicy: I love you 90 day challenge ticker! YOU CAN DO IT! That lady making the comments is jealous! Some people just can’t be happy for others.

Buglee: Welcome!

Larry: NEW LOW! AWESOME! That’s for all your hard work waiting it out! Nice job!

I started my job today. It was good! I have my own cubicle with my very own name plate. Whoop Whoop! I am turning into quite the old woman. :) Notice the signature below! I must have been here my 20 days. Also I am 8 pounds down! I got my new scale and it was pretty much the same as my old one, just came up with the same number every time. Have a good night everyone!

ShyHeather
06-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Hey everyone. Thought I'd post for the day. I think I did pretty well today. I stayed as focused as I could, even though I did not do any form of exercise aside from running back and forth from my register for 5 hours.

Breakfast:
BTA (Bacon, Tomato, Avocado) Egg mug
175 Calories, 7.25g fat, 813mg sodium, 8.5g carbs, 3g fiber, 3.5g sugar, 19.5g protein.

Lunch:
Balsamic BBQ Chick Skillet
218 Calories, 2g fat, 422mg sodium, 2.5g carbs, 0g fiber, 5.5g sugar, 39g protein
1 large banana
135 Calories, 0.5g fat, 1.5mg sodium, 4g Fiber, 18.6g sugar,1.7g protein

Snack:
Roasted red pepper Hummus on 2 organic sesame seed crackers. The crackers had 80 calories, and the hummus had 70 calories. So total 150 calories

Dinner:
1 Piece of Oatmeal Bread, 90 calories
a serving of pulled BBQ pork (unknown calories, box got thrown out before I made it home)
1/2 ounce of cheese

Not sure what my total calorie wise on the dinner was, but....It had to be up there. Pulled BBQ Pork...and cheese...

mamakat
06-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Good evening All,
I have to laugh at myself at getting stuck less than a mile away from my home, but I have to pat myself on the back because I continued on. Yay me :cheer: It got hot here and I mean hot for Connecticut so I was getting worried. Berry I have worn those shape up type shoes for a year now and I've got to tell you with my bad foot these shoes are the most comfortable shoes ever(for my foot). My calves haven't hurt since Sunday and the trail so I was a little shocked at getting stuck. I stretched out (against doctors directions) and continued on to a longer and harder path. Its going to be super hot the next two days that even schools are being cut short because they don't have a/c s. So I'm not chancing walking the next two days. I did however, look up some exercises that I might be able to do in my small bed room.
DianaLa glad you are back and that you stayed on plan. Your new avatar is beautiful.
Larry and Berry and everyone I can't remember right off congrats on your losses.
Mzjuicy I was thinking maybe the neighbor noticed the loss but in her head just figured it was a "change" and with a pessimistic attitude she assumed the change was for the worst. I don't know but turn those lemons into lemonade. You're doing this for you not them. When I was 19 I dropped so much weight and got so much attention from everyone that I started actually resenting it. People treat you different and its wrong. We need to be treated for who we are not what we are. And right now who you are is a beautiful woman looking to make yourself healthier. Bad 'tudes are no healthy.
Sorry for ranting, I hate hearing about people being treated badly over things that others neither understand or care about. Ignorance :p hate it.
Well I'm getting off this hot lap top now. I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow :)

aggie2006
06-09-2011, 05:03 AM
morning everyone! scale not budging the last few days, getting a little worried! lol..still missing the gym. you dont realize how much you appreciate something until you cant have it.

Heres to an OP day! enjoy everyone!

K9Owner
06-09-2011, 06:02 AM
morning everyone! scale not budging the last few days, getting a little worried! lol..still missing the gym. you dont realize how much you appreciate something until you cant have it.

I agree with you, Aggie!
What I'd give to play a round of tennis today! :mad:

K9Owner
06-09-2011, 06:03 AM
While I was changing ticker, I decided to change my Avatar, too.....in the pic with me is my AWESOME husband! I love this man with all of my heart! :D

Love the new pic.
Glad you're back.
We missed you.

Diana3271
06-09-2011, 07:32 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Weigh in: 145.4
Down: .2

I haven't slept well this week. I think the last couple of days is from pending TTOM hormones. Still no TTOM. I think tonight I am going to take some melatonin.

IsabellaOlivia Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Kris Hi :wave: Welcome back! It's good to see you again. :hug:

MzJuicyD I'm sorry to hear about those people making comments to you. Hang in there. Don't let their negativity have a single effect on you. :hug:

Heather Your choices, yesterday, look good to me. The BTA sounds great!

berryblondeboys
06-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Rushing to get my little guy off to school - but I'm down 1.4 today! (and still no TTOM).

zoodoo613
06-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Back down to the low I saw on Sunday, 201.0. I ate well yesterday, but it was rough! I was really hungry at various points and thought there was no way I was going to keep things in check. I came in at 1300 calories, though. No exercise exercise, but I did landscaping in the yard for about an hour. That's sort of thing is so hard to quantify.

Diana3271
06-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Sum Hi and Welcome back! :wave: Congrats on the 2 pounds. Did you enjoy your trip? What were the highlights of your trip?

RachaelJ
06-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Wenesday 06/09
Breakfast: Fruit Salad
Lunch: None (I know, bad me)
Dinner: Spaghetti
Snack: Popsicle
Water: 100 ounces
Excercise: 0 too too hot in Atlanta

I was so busy at work I didn't get to eat lunch. I'm getting complacent with excercise because it's so hot. Even in an air conditioned area I feel overly sweaty and sticky.

iamerican
06-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Good morning everyone! I am hoping to stay on plan agian today. The hubby and I got up and took a walk together this morning. It was nice. Just early. ;) Hope everyone in the heat survives. It was 104 two days ago here and now the high is like 65. Crazy! Thats the midwest for ya. Have a great day everyone!

berryblondeboys
06-09-2011, 10:43 AM
OK, I'm drenched in sweat! All I did was water my garden, change my hoses around now that we have a back water bib (was busted) and brought some things in from the car. And I'm SOAKED in sweat. It's already 91 degrees and feels like 99. Wow! HOT!

So, in my rush this morning I didn't elaborate, but last night after dinner and after downing at least 5 tall glasses of water, I still went to bed weighing the same as I did in the morning, so I knew today would be lower.

I know TTOM is due any minute. I wish it would come so the worst of it would be over by this weekend!

OK, now to decide what to do today. I am not in the mood for cleaning after cleaning my arse off yesterday in that garage. Plus, it's just plain HOT. Maybe I'll go window shopping somewhere. Or something. Weird to not have a plan in place at all. Swimming tonight with my little guy, but that's it!

txladymedic
06-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Went to bed with a migraine, woke up with a migraine...lucky me! The only good thing is I'm down to 169.0 down .8 lbs from last week. Hopefully the loss will continue...slow and steady wins the race...right?

berryblondeboys
06-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Ok TTOM is here and you know, I've noticed a pattern. I tend to go and window shop a day before my period - every single month. When I'm slightly bloated (my tummy looked HUGE last night) and when I'm feeling a bit 'blah'. Usually I don't buy anything - just look. Yesterday I bought ($40 for 4 pieces). Maybe that's my main symptom?

Larry H
06-09-2011, 02:02 PM
still - Hi :wave:

MzJuicyD - Just some rude people to say "have u gained weight?" I would have been tempted by the old comeback to say "well you are ugly but at least I can diet" :rofl: On second thought probably better to let it go and consider the source. You are doing GREAT!! :carrot:

Diana in LA - you asked "Did you EVER think at this time LAST year that you would be where you are now" Last year I was despondant and had given up any hope of losing weight and keeping it off. I started for the first time in my life to really consider bariatric surgery as an option. I was frightened of the complications with that surgery so I decided to try one last time and try to find some support. That is when I found 3FCs and the wonderfull support here. Now I feel stupendous. I really like the new avatar! You look great! :yay: :bravo:

Diana3271 - Holy cow!! 500 Jump Ropes? :kickbutt: You are kicking butt!! My feet no longer leave earth.

K9Owner - Hope you get over the infection soon. :(

zoodoo613 - :congrat: on not giving into your hunger, 1300 cals is awsome!!

IsabellaOlivia - Hi :wave:

shishkeberry - Hi :wave:

MamaP - Good choice choosing the sugar free pudding. :bravo:

iamerican - :congrat: on the 8 pounds and getting your weight ticker!

ShyHeather - Good job staying focused. :bravo:

mamakat - Great determination to continue on! :sunny:

aggie2006 - Don't worry about the scale it will happen. I was stuck 13 days then all of a sudden 2 pounds down. Our bodies sometimes take a little time to adjust. :goodscale:

Melissa - You are on a roll down 1.4!! :congrat: :bike2:

Sumi - :congrat: on the 2 pounds!!

RachaelJ - When it is too hot I try to get to a store or a shopping mall to walk in AC comfort. :carrot:

Larry,

still
06-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Oh my goodness guys I am so darn snacky right now! I've already had a snack, some water and some tea, so at this point its just cravings/boredom eating.

Things I can do instead of eating: (feel free to add to this list)

Talk to you guys/post here
Do a segment of TurboFire
Work on all my backlogged photos of the boy
Sew a blanket (my anti-drug) :)
Clean something....anything.... everything

berryblondeboys
06-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Oh my goodness guys I am so darn snacky right now! I've already had a snack, some water and some tea, so at this point its just cravings/boredom eating.

Things I can do instead of eating: (feel free to add to this list)

Talk to you guys/post here
Do a segment of TurboFire
Work on all my backlogged photos of the boy
Sew a blanket (my anti-drug) :)
Clean something....anything.... everything

I'm snacky today too. My plan is to go to the pool with the kids (or maybe just the younger kid). Then when I come back it will be dinner time and snacks won't be a problem.

I SERIOUSLY thought about making a whole packet of bacon and eating it today (which is so odd for me, I never think like that any more. Bad night of sleep and TTOM messing with me). I even took it out of the fridge and looked up how many calories that was and then figured that still left me some room for dinner. Instead, I drank some iced tea with lime and ate a couple pieces of teryaki beef jerky which is salty, but that's what my body was screaming for. First day of TTOM salt cravings. So, instead of 800 calories of damage and TONS of sodium. I had about 120 calories and a bit of sodium.

still
06-09-2011, 04:35 PM
OMG bacon sounds so good right now. I was also craving sodium so I had 1 serving of salt n vinegar popchips, which are a little better for you than regular chips.

Have a great time at the pool!

iamerican
06-09-2011, 06:56 PM
I am so sleepy! With the first day of work yesterday and then work again today, my schedule just aint used to it. I got up early to go for a walk with the hubby! A friend should be here soon and we are going for a walk around a lake. Then probably back to sleep for me. I have to get up at 5:30 for work tomorrrooooooowwww! AWWW! HOpe everyone has a great night.

Melissa: Nice job resisting the whole package of bacon! Sometimes we get in those moods, and sometimes we don't have the power to be in control. BUT YOU DID! Great!

themilesawaygirl
06-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Sorry guys still too busy for personals, managed to get down to 10 hour days at work, hopefully I'll have time to catch up at the weekend. I've still been totally failing with any kind of self control - starting to lose hope.

I've not even had a chance to catch up with everyone else's successes, challenges etc but congratulations to all doing well and BIG encouragement to all those struggling. I"m determined not to give up, hopefully I'll kick myself into action soon.

Hope you're having a good week everyone. :-)

Diana3271
06-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Berry Congrats on the 1.4! Do you have a pool or do you go to a public pool?

Zoodoo Great job on getting back to your low!

Rachael Hi :wave:

IAmerican Great job on getting that workout done so early!

Txladymedic Congrats on the .8.

Larry I started jumping rope in high school. That's when I lost weight the first time. ;) I was never athletic, but I liked to jump rope. I still use the same rope that I used in school. It even has a counter on it. :lol:

Still How did it go? Did the snacky feeling pass?

Themilesawaygirl Don't lose hope, especially if you are wanting to lose weight. Hang in there. Maybe you need to adjust your foods so they are more satisfying. Analyze what you are doing and see where you can make changes. :hug:

Diana3271
06-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 500 calories
Asparagus 100 calories
Green Beans 100 calories

Exercise:
The Firm Super Cardio Sculpt w/#5
The Firm Cardio Sculpt Blaster w/#5

berryblondeboys
06-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Diana3271 We belong to a pool. We live in a planned community, so no private pools allowed. For a pretty small fee each month we belong to 4 gyms and can take all classes and all machines, etc, plus child care and all the pools and tennis courts in the city of 80,000 people. Only things that cost extra are personal trainers and golf course fees and swim lessons/special lessons.

berryblondeboys
06-09-2011, 09:13 PM
OK, making myself accountable right here. I MUST GO EXERCISE! I don't want to, but I need to. OK, said it, now I have to do it!

Diana3271
06-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Berry That sounds like a great place to live!

still
06-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Diana3271- I beat the snackies!!! I stayed perfectly on plan today, despite wanting to eat everything in the house! I am so flippin proud of myself!

Total cals: 1399 :)

Time for bed- I am exhausted. Work is running me ragged and I think my new meds might need adjustment. Had a blood test last week so I'm just waiting for the results. Talked to my boss again- she REALLY doesn't want to lose me, in a big way (it feels nice to be valued) so we've compromised on a variable 3 day a week schedule. That will start in two weeks. I'm really excited about it.

Melissa- your gym/pool setup sounds fabulous!

themilesawaygirl- you sound so very busy right now. I know its hard to maintain and keep it up when you are so busy, but just take it one day at a time and don't give up! You can totally do this!

iamerican- :high: for lots of walking, :coffee: for the 5:30 wakeup. Those are the worst.

So I have to share a funny story with you guys. I was reading 3FC, catching up on stuff, when my DS (3 years old) walks into the room, naked from the waist down. This was the conversation we had:

me: "Liam, where are your underwear?"
Liam: "In the living room"
me: "Why are they in the living room?"
Liam: "It's a mystery."

:lol:

berryblondeboys
06-09-2011, 10:28 PM
OK I am literally dripping sweat everywhere, but I did it. I did Kathy Smith's Step workout - all three sections of step - beginner, intermediate and advanced all WITH propulsion. Still missed a few steps while learning the choreography, but it doesn't kill me any more including all the propulsion!

And I have a question for you all. If you exercise regularly, so your heart is getting fitter, what is your resting heart rate? WHen I started and my bp was high and I was super duper unfit, it was 85. It's now 53-55. It's been slowly going down, down down. I've never had it this low before. It goes up to 150-160 while exercising hard and quickly recovers after exertion. Like right now, 10 minutes after it was 147, it's now 80.

I think it's all OK, I feel great, but don't usually only serious athletes have heart rates that low? i'm no serious athlete and still weigh 202 pounds!

berryblondeboys
06-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Berry That sounds like a great place to live!

It is and more people are beginning to rediscover it. It was a utopian idea when it was built in 1967. It had mansions, middle income, and low income housing all in teh same village. Each village had their own high school and each subdivision of the village had a mix of all income levels too. That still holds true today. There is a million dollar house across the cul de sac from me. Most of the homes around me are considerable less - like less than half that, and then there are condos and low income housing. My son's school has doctor's kids and welfare kids all mixed together - like a REAL community and not one that is all segregated economically. It does scare some middle/upper class people away - thinking the schools are worse. But if anything they're better and the teachers are better. We've lived in some of the best school districts (supposedly) in America and we feel this one is better and our kids are learning to deal with all people.

ShyHeather
06-09-2011, 10:44 PM
OK I am literally dripping sweat everywhere, but I did it. I did Kathy Smith's Step workout - all three sections of step - beginner, intermediate and advanced all WITH propulsion. Still missed a few steps while learning the choreography, but it doesn't kill me any more including all the propulsion!

And I have a question for you all. If you exercise regularly, so your heart is getting fitter, what is your resting heart rate? WHen I started and my bp was high and I was super duper unfit, it was 85. It's now 53-55. It's been slowly going down, down down. I've never had it this low before. It goes up to 150-160 while exercising hard and quickly recovers after exertion. Like right now, 10 minutes after it was 147, it's now 80.

I think it's all OK, I feel great, but don't usually only serious athletes have heart rates that low? i'm no serious athlete and still weigh 202 pounds!

To be honest, I'm not sure. I'm still working on getting fit and my heart rate will vary. Some days it'll drop pretty quickly and go back to the normal resting heart rate, and other days it'll be up there for a good hour. Good job on getting it down to a healthy range though. That's awesome.

Today I kind of fell off the band wagon for the first half of the day. I thought I was ready for Hungry Girl's S'mores recipe in 300 under 300. Pffft.... wrong. While I did stay about 320 calories (I added a few extra semi-sweet chocolate chips) I ended up splurging. I had 2 graham cracker sheets with a chocolate and marshmallow mini's >.<.... and then I had hummus and sesame crackers (organic). But after that I dusted myself off (oh and a can of Pepsi) and kept going. Finished the night with a small helping of pasta... and chicken broccoli casserole (loaded with yummy broccoli). Then I did an hour at the gym and according to Anytime Fitness activity calculator burnt 950ish calories. :D

K9Owner
06-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Hi All,
One more day of thrills and squeals for me and my VBS week will come to a screeching halt :(
I’ll tell you, I think I’ve had more fun than the children!!
Tomorrow is the BIG Amazing Amazon Sundae Funday Friday!
Guess who volunteered to bring ALL of the ingredients?? Mhm—ME!!
I bought everything I hate—except 1 thing, but I am taking that ½ bag of gummies and passing them out for good behavior!! The rest is choc stuff and sprinkles :barf:

OP day for me, and tomorrow, I am upping the weight loss to 1.5 lbs/week instead of 1 lb. This will give me a new high of 1230 cals for the day instead of 1490. I am doing this b/c I think I have to much wiggle room on some days. When I see that there are 300+ cals left for the day in MFP, I somehow think it’s okay to eat them—even if I’m not really hungry. I would like for the goal to be around 1300-1350 cals. We’ll see how this works for a bit.

DanActive, Greek Yogurt 160
Cottage Cheese, 2oz Fresh Pineapple, DanActive, Greek Yogurt 276
QDoba Mexican Grill Naked Grilled Chicken Burrito (no rice/no tortilla) 505
String Cheese, FF Cheese Omelet 193
Total: 1134

H20 80 oz

No :cookie: at refreshment time :carrot: Surely, I can make 1 more day, RIGHT???
The ice cream will SCREAM my name!!!
Tomorrow is also MD time for me :)
Today, I feel A LOT better than I have in a week, but still not functioning at 100%! I am thankful for that.
I can hardly wait to exercise again and get back outside in this GORGEOUS :sunny:
Thanks, Larry for the kind words.

Also, :goodscale for me in the a.m. Should be a great weigh-in. I have urinated enough today to make me wonder if someone slipped me a Lasix tab!!! WTH??
2200 of Sodium today, so we shall see!
I’ll tell you, up until the :censored: dessert, I was at a new low this time around, saw her for 2 days straight……hmmmmmm :s:

berryblondeboys
06-09-2011, 11:08 PM
K9owner Glad you are feeling better! And tricky you buying things for Sundaes that you don't like! LOL

K9Owner
06-09-2011, 11:29 PM
K9owner Glad you are feeling better! And tricky you buying things for Sundaes that you don't like! LOL

I say there are 2 types of set-ups..
those for success
&
those for failure

If I must choose 1 over the other, why not set it up for me to be successful??

aggie2006
06-10-2011, 03:51 AM
berry~ thats so awesome, you have such great access to pools/gyms. super jealous!

still~ good luck on being OP on a craveing day! the convo btwn you and your son, priceless!

k9owner~ hope you made it through the temptation day. how are you doing on the lower calories? im trying to drop down a little to, to around 1350 from 1550 to see if that helps me lose a bit faster.

sooooo today, im 228.8. im in the 220s! i want to do a dance. thats 18 pounds in 30 days =) but the first 8 flew off in the first couple of days. nonetheless, i feel accomplished today, esp since im out of the gym this week due to my ankle. thankfully today my ankle finally feels a bit better. i was getting worried! im hoping monday i can atleast resume my lake walks!

Diana3271
06-10-2011, 06:09 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :yay:! I am so ready for the weekend!

I am up earlier than normal. I have a lot of things to get done before the weekend!

Still no TTOM. :dunno: I have symptoms, though.

Weigh In: 145
Down: .4

Still Congrats on beating the snackies!

Berry Your area sounds wonderful. Congrats on getting through the KS workout! I have been working out for a long time now. I find it difficult to get my heart rate up now. It seems the best way for me to get it up there is not with cardio anymore, but with AWT type workouts. I also, recover very quickly now. I don't have a HRM, so I don't know what it is. When I go to the Dr. and they check my BP and pulse, it's low.

Shyheather Congrats on the great workout at the gym!

K9 I'm glad you had such a good time at VBS! Great job in staying strong against the :cookie:
I say there are 2 types of set-ups..
those for success
&
those for failure

If I must choose 1 over the other, why not set it up for me to be successful??

I love this!

Aggie Congrats on the 220's! I had a terrible time getting out of the 230's! They were awful!

K9Owner
06-10-2011, 07:01 AM
This is the 1st Friday in a while I can remember actually :love: LOVING!! :love:
I feel like I'm in a MccyD's Commercial!

I'm LOVING it!!

:woohoo: 2.4 LOSS :woohoo:

shellsbrood
06-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Good Morning, all! Quickly checking in and posting yesterday's info.

Weigh in: 183.4
Exercise: Pilates and 1 hour walk w/ my mom
Breakfast: Missed it. :(
Lunch: Whole wheat bread, mayo, tomatoes
Snack: Veggie straws, dark chocolate
Dinner: Taco Salad
Dessert: fat free/sugar free chocolate pudding, strawberries, fat free whipped topping
Calories: Not sure...not as much as I should.

This morning gave me another new low of 182.6. After being stalled in the high 180s/low 190s for two months, it's nice to finally be moving again! Today is my children's last day of school and then they have an award ceremony tonight. It's a potluck deal at the church, so it's probably good that I had a low calorie day, yesterday. :lol:

Keep up the good work!! :carrot:

K9Owner
06-10-2011, 07:10 AM
k9owner~ hope you made it through the temptation day. how are you doing on the lower calories? im trying to drop down a little to, to around 1350 from 1550 to see if that helps me lose a bit faster.

sooooo today, im 228.8. im in the 220s! i want to do a dance. thats 18 pounds in 30 days =) but the first 8 flew off in the first couple of days. nonetheless, i feel accomplished today, esp since im out of the gym this week due to my ankle. thankfully today my ankle finally feels a bit better. i was getting worried! im hoping monday i can atleast resume my lake walks!

:bravo: on your FABULAIRE Loss, gf!! You Rock!!

Nothing has really helped me out like detoxing from processed carbs. Except for the birthdays--with the :censored: desserts, the weekend at the lake, and the :censored: dessert on Wednesday of this week, I have pretty much stayed in a detox state, which includes--no rice/pasta, no whole grains or bread, very little to no sugar, very little fructose (ie, fruit sugar--no jam, jelly, or juice & only like 5 strawberries and 6 oz of pineapple in 2 weeks), & no starchy veggies, like yams or corn or potatoes. Basically I've been bouncing in the P1 phase of SBD (South Beach).

I thought it would be really hard, but actually it's not. I don't really miss the breads/rice/pasta like I do the fruit--esp. with it being summer!! I have still enjoyed legumes. I used them in things I would have put rice or pasta in ;)

berryblondeboys
06-10-2011, 07:27 AM

Just wanted to jump in here a bit. You had that HUGE loss, and are being so successful and you want to lose faster and are trying to cut calories lower? You do realize that you are losing at beyond fast speeds, right? While I agree COMPLETELY with cutting down on processed carbs - that's how i eat too. No one needs those simple carbs, I do worry about your wanting to go faster. This is not just about losing the pounds. It's about being able to maintain that loss and changing how you eat and live your life for the rest of your life. If you can't maintain a way of eating and lifestyle, the weight WILL come back on. So, be very careful of the mindset of 'faster', OK??

RachaelJ
06-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Thursday 05/09
B: Fruit Salad
L: Strawberry & Sausage Salad with Strawberry Vinigrette
D: 2 Baked Chicken Wings & Mixed California style veggies
Water: 100 ounces
Excercise: Zilch

Since getting back from vacay and the steamy hot weather I don't feel like excercising. I have no motivation to do my P90x or even go walking. I feel bored with the excercise routine too, I believe. I'm feeling like something fun and more exciting even though I was seeing results with what I was doing.

berryblondeboys
06-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Morning everone! No change on the scale this morning but that's OK. that means yesterday 1.4 loss wasn't a fluke and that's good enough for me! I'm a bit sore this morning from the work in the garage, but I at least feel rested. Crampy and blah from TTOM, but that's another reason I wanted a good workout last night - not sure if I'll be up for it tonight.

aggie2006
06-10-2011, 07:56 AM
berry, its the drop in calories that made me lose i think. the reason i say so is bc the last week and a half i was pretty much laying around the house due to my ankle. and the 1550 i was doing while going to the gym wasnt cutting it. so i dropped this week to 1350 and finally had a budge in the scale. my scale counts every 100 grams, so the fact that it didnt budge, and i actually had a gain last weekend scared me and i dropped to btwn 1350 and 1500 for a couple days. i will go back up to 1550 once im in the gym again. really its like 1550 -1700 on average. am i wrong here?

i do agree i have this unrealistic ideal of losing weight. when i dont lose one week, i feel like i did something wrong? or rather im scared i miscalculated what i ate and i wont lose weight. i guess i have this idea, that theres no way im going to lose this weight, and it hasnt sunk in that what im doing is enough, and i will lose this weight.

sometimes, i feel at my weight (and in my past weight loss experience) i should be losing more. i have to think long term and healthy though...i guess im just starting this diet (only 30 days so far) and im not quite sure what im doing, and how much i should be losing at this weight etc.
thanks for trying to put it in perspective for me though...

IsabellaOlivia
06-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Yesterday I ate 2096 calories. Way over my targt of 1350.
I didn't properly schedule dinner, so it ended with McDonalds instead.
Lesson learned about how important it is to plan meals into my day.

aggie2006
06-10-2011, 08:06 AM
just to add, im not doing anything drastic and i feel satisfied, i have enormous cravings, but i know its not hunger. so im not doing something unrealistic, or unmatainable. im actually suprised at how satisfied i am, and seeing as it doesnt feel like im on a diet, im worried im not doing enough. i guess thats where the urge to diet harder comes from. i have this unrealistic idea that dieting should be painful, i guess ive always done it the wrong way!

darius
06-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Does anyone else get the weird metallic taste in their mouth from dieting? Acetone or whatever. I need to go out and buy some gum but I usually don't chew gum. Even if I drink some hot green tea or something, the taste is back 10 minutes later.

Larry H
06-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Good morning everyone!:D:carrot::D

Yesterday's I had 978 calories which is too low for me. I have a few days where I seem to end up low but I do not want to eat high calorie foods at the end of the day simply to raise my calorie intake. Better planning of my day and eating with healthy foods seems like a better way for me.:D

My weight was steady at 233 yesterday and I have not weighed yet today.

No exercise yesterday :(

Larry

zoodoo613
06-10-2011, 08:40 AM
No matter how much I preach it, there's still a tiny part of me that doesn't believe it: scale fluctuations don't mean much. (Warning: whining ahead.)

I'm at 201.4 this morning, and that 0.4 bounce in the scale is oddly more disturbing to me than my 2.4 lb bounce on Monday. Why? Because I was good yesterday. I know, I know, I know, that scale fluctuations don't correlate to eating on a day-to-day basis. But I had 3 good days in a row! and I'm still up (yes, by a mere 0.4. My inner tantrum doesn't care.)

OK, that's out. :)

To resurrect the bra talk, out of curiousity, I measured my bra this morning. There's a bra (at Walmart) that has been my go-to bra for the past year or two. I'm hard on bras I guess, I go through them pretty quickly. I'd been getting 38D, but the last time I went shopping I was at my heaviest, and decided I would get both a 38D and a 40D, and return it if I didn't like it. I got them home and the 40D fit and the 38D was tight. Wearable, but not ideal. I was surprised because it just didn't fit like the previous 38D. Well, months later I finally decided to compare. The old 38D and the new(er) 40D are exactly the same size. And when I lay it flat without stretching, the band is 31". Admittedly, you want your bra to stretch so it stays in place, but even so, that seems small. Either way, I'm going to continue wearing them.

Vixsin
06-10-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm still dancing with 189. Back down the same .2 to 189.2. Whatever. I've been on plan but not sleeping great. I did get a bunch of sleep last night so that was nice. I did some strength work too. Did some pushups, tri dips and I'm feeling it today. Gonna try for a small, easy run tonight with some more strength work. I get to be Maxwell-Free later in the afternoon tomorrow so I am planning on a full fledged, rock it out, sweat like you mean it, kind of run.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day. I will try and check back a little later.

mamakat
06-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Hello Everyone,
It's so hot I don't want to move! I have ran the kids to and from school all week then it's back to bed for me. I got food into them while their dad was out of town (but to tell you the truth I don't know how). This is still Spring time, I can't imagine Summer. I guess the one good thing about heat is I don't want to eat.
Krystal congrats on the loss. You've fought gallantly all week against those sweets. Good job. My hero!
Shells you're going through the 80's so quickly you'll be in the 70's soon. Good job on the Low today.
Rachael as you can see, I totally relate on the exercise and heat thing. I'm not sure I'd have advice as I just went back to bed. I don't know how to push myself into working out in this heat. I hate to sweat.
berry are you sore from the garage or a workout? I'm curious because it's funny to me how I can do a good workout and be able to walk around no problem but clean something out the next day I'm asking where's the Bengay?
aggie I think you're doing great. You seem to have a plan on your calories. I get lowering them while not exercising and if your comfortable (not starving and have energy) then your body is probably OK with it. But like berry said it's not really a diet as its a lifestyle. I know because once you stop doing what it is your doing (low carbs/low fat/no sugar) and add the stuff you've taken out once the weight is gone BAM all that weight and more. I lost with Atkins before my youngest was born. I even lost while pregnant (a full 19lbs!) I had made it to 198. Oh man I was super happy. Then BAM my little angel crashed and ended up in the hospital. I refused to leave her side and so for two weeks I had to eat what the hospital served. I haven't seen 198 ever since and I got to highs of 283. So be careful is all I'm saying and what you chose to do now you will have to continue to do but in a maintenance version.
Isabella Ugh the dreaded McD's. I'd like fries with mine :) Just wondering if maybe they have salads and even if you eat two would that have been less calories. I seriously wouldn't know as I'm a Big Mac girl but even when going through the drive through I say to myself "Nah, it's like 7 or more bucks for me to eat here, I can get cheaper at home with a peanut butter sandwich" Isn't that funny? I'll spend on the kids but not on me. AND its healthier for me! Good luck next time, we all have McD days.
Darius I tried to think about weird tastes and remember that while on Atkins yes I did have a weird taste. The only other time I have a weird taste is when I'm on a gluten free diet for Celiac's. Are you doing either of those?
Larry were you hungry at all yesterday? What's a good snack that has higher calories? One day I will join all of you in counting calories.
zoodoo LOL I like your whining alert. I can't remember where I was on these forums or who said it, but it was apt. Clothes makers are resizing the clothes to make the bigger clothes seem smaller. Sounds great in theory but it has made it so screwy for the rest of us. I can't say what's going on with those bras. I buy the same size from different stores and get different results, but I hate when it happens in same store same brand. I don't think theres any excuse for it. Its making it harder on us thats for sure. Especially for those us who do not try on at the store...I've never been a fitting room kinda girl.
Vixsin you go girl that was a lot of strength training. Hope you have a nice run tonight.

zoodoo613
06-10-2011, 01:36 PM
txladymedic - Congrats on the loss! I hope slow and steady wins, because that's sure the way I'm doing things.

iamerican - All that walking sounds great! I wish I had some walking buddies.

Still - It'll be nice to have some more time for yourself and your family. And awesome story! Where do kids get these things?

ShyHeather - Smores will happen :) Good for you for picking back up and dusting yourself off.

Diana - I'm right there with you on being ready for the weekend!

K9 - Woohoo! Congrats!

shellsbrood - Congrats on your scale dip! Have fun tonight!

RachelJ - I've always had trouble with exercise videos. I think finding something you like is crucial. I haven't worked out quite how to manage that though. Videos you can do whenever. The stuff I like to do (hiking, biking, etc.) tends to take longer and have more restraints on when you can go. I envy people who enjoy the gym, or videos, or just have the determination to do them any way. I sure don't.

Berry - Here's a funny thing about my heart rate.. I'm not exercising regularly. Well, I sort of am, but not vigorously mostly, and not drastically more than what I would consider my baseline. But my heart rate has dropped just the same. I think I was running 80-85 before. Now I'm often in the 60-70 range. I wonder if dietary changes alone are responsible. I haven't checked recovery rate.

Isabella - Planning is key for me too. Last Sunday we ended up at Friendly's due to lack of energy/poor planning.

aggie - It doesn't have to hurt! Go easy on yourself!

Darius - I know the taste you're talking about, but I don't think I've noticed it with weight loss, only when I've been sick. Hope it works itself out!

Larry - Plan is pretty essential for me too, although rarely do I eat too little because of poor planninig. :D

Vixsin - Doesn't sleep work wonders?

aggie2006
06-10-2011, 03:21 PM
mamakat~ the thing is, i know exactly what you are saying. im a life time yoyo dieter.

this is probably my 6th time attempting to lose weight. i lost quite a bit of weight each of the 5 previous times. when i was 16 i dropped 60 pounds taking phentermine (like phen phen but with less side effects) and dropped to 145lbs in 3 months. when i was 20 i had gained back the weight and did atkins as well as some good ole fashion skipping meals and lost 40 lbs to 165lbs, also fairly quickly. gained that all back. at 22 me and my friend saw this great "diet" online where you basically dont eat anything but fruit and vitamins, like a long term fast, i lost 20 pounds and got to 170 in one month. a few months later, i gained it again. at 23 me and my sis joined LA weight loss. i got down to 165 again from 190. gained that back a few months later. when i was 25 i went to the gym like a maniac, 2hrs a day everyday, and got from 185 to 165 again. but this time i was fit. gained that back, and at 26 i lost weight just watching what i was eating, at that point i was at 216, and got down to about 190. then everything went down the drain and i got to 250 after having my daughter. i guess thats why i think i should lose faster, bc im used to dropping on the scale every time i stepped on it, and getting drastic fast results. i KNOW thats not the way. the thing is, non of those "diets" taught anything about proper eating, nutrition, and set you up for a life time.

so as you can see, im 28 now, and for over 10 yrs, ive been yoyo dieting, loosing weight in unhealthy ways. i know how quickly you can gain after a loss. im proof of that! but this is the first time in all those yrs, that im dieting properly. i eat healthy full meals, never go hungry, and exercise moderately. i feel in control of my life/body. for the first time im not dying of hunger, and feeling completely deprived. i guess since for 12 yrs, i thought dieting must be painful, its very difficult to understand that it can be this manageable. this doable. this time, i know i can keep this up for life. how could any of those crash diets have worked long term? all i can say is i was a very stupid young girl, who lacked guidance. but im very proud to say that i truely believe this time is different.

berryblondeboys
06-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Aggie I was just reading an article today that basically stated that dieting to be successful shouldn't be painful. It really isn't. It's also not a race. I sometimes have to battle those demons too especially now that I'm so close to the 100s again. It would be so easy to just 'not eat' for a few days, but I can't do that to myself any more. I also can't exercise myself too much because I can't maintain it.

Now, I am losing at a nice clip, but I'm not miserable either. I KNOW I could eat like this the rest of my life and that's my plan actually.

I have dropped my calories significantly, but it's also because my hunger pangs/demands have decreased dramatically too. When I started, I was eating 1800-2000. Now I'm eating around 1200 and some days I dip below that because i'm simply not hungry, but on days I am hungry, I eat more, around 1400-1500. I won't starve myself on those hungrier days because that just leads to bad things. I exercise in some way every day (at least 6 days a week) for forty-five minutes to an hour, but it doesn't have to be hard core, ready to drop. It could be an afternoon in the garden. The four hours the other day cleaning my garage, stuff like that.

And I'm feeling more and more confident that this will be a successful journey for me this time. The building blocks are in place and my life/health depends on it actually.

IsabellaOlivia
06-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Today I consumed 1774 calories and worked out c25k w1d3. My calorie intake goal is 1350, because of my MBR is 1690.Overall it was a net intake of 1589 calories so it's still below my MBR. I want to stay so low as 1350 because it takes so long to see results when my MBR is low .Lately I have been focusing alot on making healthy choices and practicing different forms of physical activities, which is great. But, I need to be diligent about my calorie intake to see results in my body.

berryblondeboys
06-10-2011, 09:05 PM
It amazes me now how I can feel SO FULL on a 630 calorie dinner when I used eat far bigger meals. I almost feel uncomfortable. Does the stomach shrink?

Today I was reading an article about a hunger hormone that decreases as people lose weight and exercise, making you less hungry. Don't know if it's bunk or not, but my hunger level has decreased A LOT. Anyone else experiencing that?

Diana3271
06-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: Another busy day, but . . . . Doing a little happy dance! :dance: I finished up all my work! Things may change next week, but as of right now, everything is done!

Sorry about not being able to do many personals this week. I will have more time tomorrow.

Total Approx 1510 Calories + Morning Joe

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Snack 70 calories (I got up earlier and ate earlier than I normally do. Then I got hungry a little earlier than lunch. So I had a little snack)
5 peanut butter filled pretzel bites 70 calories

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled chicken tacos 600 calories
sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
~TF Fire 30 w/weighted gloves
~KCM's 30 MTF Kickboxing (Kickmix Premix 20 min)

grabec
06-10-2011, 10:53 PM
I am so discouraged. I just can't get anything going. I have put on some weight in the last few months and just keep on doing it. Don't know where to start. Sometimes this forum really helps so am back reading it. Thanks for listening.

ShyHeather
06-10-2011, 11:50 PM
I am so discouraged. I just can't get anything going. I have put on some weight in the last few months and just keep on doing it. Don't know where to start. Sometimes this forum really helps so am back reading it. Thanks for listening.

All I can say is keep working at it. It may or may not be a constant struggle for some once they start loosing. So, no matter what keep trying. If you eat poorly in the morning, forget it and try to correct yourself afterwords. Make healthier choices, and maybe toss in some exercise. Good luck.

Today was my 'off' day. Friday usually is. We had pizza from domino's and I was on the go all day today. I did work in thirty minutes worth of exercise, though nothing too crazy. 20 minutes of stretching because my body needed it, and then 10 minutes of aerobics.
Wonder how I'll feel tomorrow after work?? 5 hours of stand with no pain killers to dull any aches I may get and then later that evening time for the gym! ;o....I shall be crying by time I get home lol.

aggie2006
06-11-2011, 04:52 AM
berry~ thanks for the advice. i am thinking of this as long term, ive done too many short term diets.
i think when i hit under 200 (more comfortable weight for me) i will allow more into my diet. once weekly treats, a little more olive oil, a dash of cheese, a glass of wine! etc...and i wont mind if im losing more slowly.

just at this point i want to be a bit strickter and get to the 200s. i can basically live on the diet im on, plus a treat and wine, which i have cut out for now.

youre all right, its not painful!

berry, i do agree with you, i dont have the hunger pangs like i used to. for sure this hormone exists!

zoodoo613
06-11-2011, 07:25 AM
200.2!!! Of course, I probably won't see it again for a bit because I usually don't with my lows and because there will be pizza and cake today, It's just the way it is. That's OK, though, nice to see for now, and it'll be nice to see when it comes around again. And, I strung 4 lower calorie days together in a row, so a higher calorie day is not out of order.

Lots to do! Party today, 13-15 kids, best I can tell. And wouldn't you know it's raining. Still hoping it'll clear by kickoff.

Have a great day everyone!

Larry H
06-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Fish for lunch and dinner. Lunch was out and it was breaded so I cut the breading off and just ate the flesh. It came with a huge amount of french fries and I limited myself to five (5) fries!:D Dinner I cooked at home so the filet was pan fried with a spray of Pam and no breading. I used Old Bay Seasoning instead. I also cooked a little plain rice cooked in home made fat free no sodium chicken broth. Had a Granny Smith apple with my meal. Very tasty dinner. :carrot: Late snack was a slice of seedless watermelon.

Calorie count 1109 with 1643 mg of sodium.

It seemed like the scale dipped below my current weight of 233 but I will not count it until I am sure.

I wanted to start mowing my lawn with the riding mower today but my DW is not allowing it. She reminded me that the doctor said to wait for two months and the two month point is on this coming Monday. To keep peace in the family I am going along with her although it seems like a day and a half sooner would not be a big deal. I sure am getting tired of looking at the yard and wishing I could do something.:(

Larry

berryblondeboys
06-11-2011, 08:33 AM
200.2!!! Of course, I probably won't see it again for a bit because I usually don't with my lows and because there will be pizza and cake today, It's just the way it is. That's OK, though, nice to see for now, and it'll be nice to see when it comes around again. And, I strung 4 lower calorie days together in a row, so a higher calorie day is not out of order.

Lots to do! Party today, 13-15 kids, best I can tell. And wouldn't you know it's raining. Still hoping it'll clear by kickoff.

Have a great day everyone!

Woohoo! Soooooo close! have fun with the party today and I hope the rain clouds stay away!

berryblondeboys
06-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Same weigh in for me for the third day. "welcome to the monthly stall out Melissa!" I'll probably see a bit of a drop after TTOM is over, but we'll see. I'm being very, very good, so it's just a matter of time and the scale will drop again.

themilesawaygirl
06-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Berry Yes your stomach does shrink! That's the great thing about steady, sensible weight loss - you will feel fuller on smaller meals, which makes it much easier to live on a healthier diet and feel satisfied by it. Glad this is happening for you :-)

Zoodoo Congrats on having 4 lower-calorie days in a row! I had an entire pizza yesterday, but without the lower calorie days at all lately. I hope I can be more controlled next week! Well done to you - hope the party goes really well!

mamakat
06-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Good morning everyone,
Not a lot going on with me, but that's ok. DH is back from out of town and the meal we had last night is still sitting heavy in my belly. :P

aggie I think your doing great.
berry I wish that hormone kicked in before losing weight, it sure would help in that area for me.
Larry I'm picturing you looking out at the lawn and then the mower and then back at your wife, thinking "maybe if I'm fast enough, I can run out there, jump on the mower and speed away she can't catch me." You're right a day or so is so close but think of it as a day or so is so close. Soon you'll be mowing the lawn and saying "Ugh it's hot today, sort of wish I didn't have to mow the lawn." LOL or you could be thankful DW isn't demanding the lawn get mowed, that takes the fun out of it. I sending good thoughts you way... Larry be patient (chanting slowly). :)
zoodoo OMG you are right there! It's like you're teetering on a cliff (a good one) and you just need that that feather! I am biting my nails. Hope the party goes well. How did you like the big storms the other night? Did they hit you like they did us on the Sound?
I hope everyone has a great day. :)

Diana3271
06-11-2011, 09:05 AM

I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

I was able to sleep in this morning! :yay: and it felt so good. Still no TTOM for me. :dunno: My weight has dropped below my low range. We are going out of town at the 4th of July. I wish we were closer to the date we are leaving. I wouldn't worry about the drop. It would give me some cushion. Today is my higher calorie day. I'll see how tomorrow goes. I have actually been adding in some extra veggies but not counting the calories. I've been adding extra veggies (a lot extra ;)) to my omelet in the AM. At night when I get home, I have been picking fresh tomatoes and eating them. The funny thing is that now, I don't have any tomatoes that are ready for tonight's salad. :lol: I've eaten them all! Oh, well, I could be eating something much worse. Let me tell you, those little grape tomatoes are as sweet as candy! I have grape and Roma tomato plants.

Weigh In: 144.2
Down: .8

iamerican
06-11-2011, 09:41 AM
K9: Nice job on the 2.4 pounds!!! WHOOP!

SHellsbrood: New low! That’s awesome! You are so close on that ticker!

Melissa: I am definitely feeling the decrease in appetite and feeling hunger quicker. I keep thinking “How did I used to eat so much?” But then somedays I still feel like going to the store and eating my weight in ice cream.

Zoodoo: Good luck with the party! Have fun and I hope it stops raining.

Larry: 5 fries. How did you do that? I have to ask them not even to put them on my plate. I commend your will power. Soon you will be out on that lawn! Think of that treat :)

Diana: Your tomato plants so delicious. Yum! I am glad you got to sleep in.

Yesterday I was under my calories, but just not happy with what I ate. I will try to have some healthier food especially since I might go out for drinks with friends tonight. The hubby was out last night and got home early this morning. Suprised me with a caramel light frapp from starbucks. One of my indulgences! I only drank half because I started to feel funny. But it was oh so good and he is so sweet. I am off to get a long workout in and maybe do some gargage saling. Have a great day all!

jomatho
06-11-2011, 10:23 AM
:wave: Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't had much time to check in, but my boys have me running constantly with their social lives, sports and doctors appointments, and I am spinning my wheels trying to keep up with the house and yard. DH has been away a lot and not able to help out much.
The good thing is when I am this busy, I don't have any problem keeping my calories in range. I haven't tracked in a few days, but yesterday, in my head, I was a little low, around 1,000.
Bad news is I am having a hard time fitting in formal workouts. Although I know all the running and working around here I am doing is burning a good amount of calories. Plan to get something in this weekend.
Weight has been steadily dropping last couple days, saw 183.4 this morning. It will probably blip back up a little because my calories were low yesterday.
So all in all, I am doing the best I can fitting it all in and staying on plan. This morning my DH asked if I wanted to go to a breakfast buffet. Uhhhh, no! I told him I don't do buffets anymore, never liked them before, they gross me out all those people touching the handles and the food sitting out so long, yuck! And then, I always over eat and feel like crap afterwards. Not worth it to me anymore. Poor DH. So I am off to go make us a healthy omelette :smug:.
Glad to see a lot progress around here!

shishkeberry
06-11-2011, 10:41 AM
I finally recovered from that water weight from last weekend and I'm now .2 under where I was this time last week. This week might be hard to make it to the gym because my son just finished school and he doesn't start camp next week AND my DF is switching from 3rd to 2nd shift so I don't have the evenings anymore. Ugh. I'm making a promise to myself to get in three hours of gym time by friday no matter what. Maybe my SIL will be willing to watch the kids. Have a great OP weekend, everyone. :)

shishkeberry
06-11-2011, 10:46 AM
@jomatho i've always hated regular buffets, too. (there's a pizza buffet place that i like, good thing I live an hour away now lol) They never have anything I really like and I always felt guilty because I couldn't eat my money's worth. Lol, isn't that screwy? My DF loves buffets and that man can eat!

berryblondeboys
06-11-2011, 10:46 AM

I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

I was able to sleep in this morning! :yay: and it felt so good. Still no TTOM for me. :dunno: My weight has dropped below my low range. We are going out of town at the 4th of July. I wish we were closer to the date we are leaving. I wouldn't worry about the drop. It would give me some cushion. Today is my higher calorie day. I'll see how tomorrow goes. I have actually been adding in some extra veggies but not counting the calories. I've been adding extra veggies (a lot extra ;)) to my omelet in the AM. At night when I get home, I have been picking fresh tomatoes and eating them. The funny thing is that now, I don't have any tomatoes that are ready for tonight's salad. :lol: I've eaten them all! Oh, well, I could be eating something much worse. Let me tell you, those little grape tomatoes are as sweet as candy! I have grape and Roma tomato plants.

Weigh In: 144.2
Down: .8

See, this is where maintenance gets tricky and one thing I will wonder about with myself. If I am truly not hungry and I'm exercising moderately and I drop below my set maintenance weight, what should I do about it? Does that mean I need to eat more or that I need to work out less or that maybe I should just let the scale take me to where it goes because I feel good.

Of course, I can hardly imagine that as I've never, ever been thin. I guess I always figured my maintenance would end up wherever I stalled out with the downward trend. I figure that would be about 165 (but wouldn't push after 175 - my tentative goal). But who knows! So this is interesting to watch Diana. What are your thoughts on it?

shishkeberry
06-11-2011, 10:50 AM
@diana I've never been thin either, but I think if you're eating healthy and not killing yourself with exercise, going under should be ok. I mean, why wouldn't it be? Almost one pound isn't much anyway.

Diana3271
06-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Berry I really don't know about these things right now. I have some higher calorie days coming up. This week I have my hair appointment, so I will be eating at the Japanese restaurant. I will eat the rice, again this month, like I did last month. While I was trying to lose, I had chosen to eat extra veggies in place of the rice. Of course I prefer the rice with this meal, so that's all good, now. The extra veggies with my breakfast is working out well because of my food allergy. I am limited to the veggies I can eat at dinner. Most places serve the veggies that I am allergic to. I feel the extra veggies with breakfast is making up for the lack of veggies at dinner. I have added in an extra snack on Saturday's because my meals are spaced out so far. At the end of the month, we are going out of town and then in July is my Birthday. I am just going to wing it for now, I guess. :lol: I am keeping my workouts 1 hour or less. I personally think I need at least 30 minutes of working out per day. I am adding in some extra weight training. I thought I would gain a little from that. :dunno: I don't need to go much below the weight range I set up for myself. Also, I don't just want to add in junk food for the extra calories. Bottom line . . . . I just don't know. :lol:

Diana3271
06-11-2011, 11:55 AM
I want to share something. I woke up this morning feeling so Blessed! I don't always share these feelings when I wake up feeling like this. I think I should, and I will try to share it more often. I want to share this feeling with everyone, today. I hope you can feel, even a trickle, of what I am feeling. :grouphug: I hope you are having a wonderful day, everything that you want it to be.

MzJuicyD
06-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Hey guys! It's been a couple days but things have been pretty well. I've been great as far as exercise this week. I went to the gym TWICE yesterday, my morning routine plus an afternoon kickboxing class. Class was BRUTAL last night but i was so proud of myself that i made it through! I was the largest person in class but just by lookin at the people's faces, i did NOT struggle the most. We started out partnering up and doing sit ups! I instantly thought about my middle school/HS days when i could barely do 10! I was embarrassed and decided to go after my partner, who did 16. When it was my turn my heart started pumping because i was so nervous BUT i managed to do 21! Might not seem much but it was the most i had ever done at one time! After the ab work came the intense cardio. The girl beside me was pretty skinny and she kept getting winded and it made me feel AMAZING that i was able to do more than her! So mean of me lol.

Well my scale weight is still the same. This morning i was 263 even and it made me kind of down. All i want is to get out of the 260s and into the 250s. I skipped my morning workout because of it but then i got another boost of encouragment when i put on my shirt today. I wear this shirt a lot but today it just seemed to fit like a bag! Most of my shirts are form fitting just like this one use to be! lol. I guess i'm losing inches!

MzJuicyD
06-11-2011, 03:05 PM
ZooDoo: You are sooooo close to Onederland! Congrats!!!!

Berry: You are soooo close too! So many people about to hit onederland!

Larry: I can't wait till you can work on your yard! Try to be patient lol

berryblondeboys
06-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Haven't seen much of Stacygee. Hope everything is OK.

IsabellaOlivia
06-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Consumed 1545 calories. Did day 28 of Jillian Michaels 30 Days Shred.

zoodoo613
06-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Phew! Party's over and it was a raging success! I'm not sure, but I think the kid count ended up at 17! Full house! And, man, was it loud. I had planned a bunch of messy science experiments, to do outside. Well, it rained. I had a few hopeful moments when weather.com said there was only a 15% chance of rain for the hours of the party but it was raining up until my drop-dead time of deciding weather we were going to be in or out. We hurriedly cleaned up the basement and did most everything down there. And now my basement clean! Or was. It got pretty mucked up again with the vat of cornstarch mixture that the kids walked in. :) The basement drains so I'll just hose it down, once I recover.

Calories are at almost 1900, mostly from pizza. So be it, tomorrow's another day, and I deserved that pizza for all the work I did. :D And the kids had a blast, and an experience they aren't likely to have again.

Diana3271
06-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Total Approx 1735 Calories + :coffee: UGH! I am really full!

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Snack (200 Calories)
Protein Bar 200 calories

Lunch (250 Calories)
Protein Bar 200 calories
Iced coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream

Dinner (920 Calories)
Spaghetti Squash 100 calories
Sauce 100 calories
Meatball 100 calories
1 piece garlic bread 150 calories
Parmesan/Romano cheese 20 calories
Homemade apple strudel 450 calories :eek:

Exercise:
5 Mile Mall Walk

berryblondeboys
06-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Had a great walk. What's even greater is that no more shin pain or discomfort. I did it right this time - babying them until they got stronger. I did two laps. First lap with my husband. Second lap by myself. First lap I walked 3.4 miles per hour. Second lap I walked 3.9 miles per hour for a total of 2.7 miles. I was pushing it really hard the second half of the second lap. My heart rate was up there. First lap average HR was 120. Second lap average heart rate was 139 and the second half of the second lap it was all over 150. I was pushing it.

Anyone who says that walking can't be a great exercise, just doesn't know how to push themselves when walking! People tend to jump to running well before their muscles/bones are ready for it which is part of the reason for so many injuries.

Though, walking at the pace I was at the end, it would almost be easier to run. That pace in that last .7 miles was about the point where it would be easier to switch over as I was probably walking about 4.5-5.0 miles per hour in stretches.

Felt great even though it was MUGGY!

ETA: for dinner we had grilled mesquite marinated pork loin. Man, was it salty. I had bought this premarinated as it was on a big sale. I will never do that again. We eat far less salt and I'll probably see some water gain tomorrow because of it.

still
06-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Zoodoo- yay for making it through and throwing an awesome party! It sounds like a ton of fun. You definitely earned your pizza today!

MzJuicy- congrats on your 21 situps! I'm not sure I could do so many without getting ill. You rock!

Diana3271- Your attitude is totally contagious. Thank you for sharing it. :D

Melissa- I totally agree about walking being great exercise. I also went for a walk today, and I also really pushed it. I wasn't wearing my heart rate monitor but my heart rate was definitely up.

I weighed in at 167 today. :?: Not that I MIND, but it just seems weird after about a week of 170. I'm not counting it until tomorrow. I had a wonderful on plan day today, coming in at about 1400 cal for the day. Nice to stay on plan on a weekend.

Hope you all are having a fantastic weekend!

Diana3271
06-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I slept well, again, last night! Amazing! I almost can't believe it!

TTOM started for me yesterday.

Weigh In: 144.4
Up: .2

IAmerican I love Starbucks! Did you get your workout in? Did you find anything good at the garage sales?

Jo Sounds like you are staying active in other ways. Sometimes you can't always get a formal workout in. Great job on avoiding the buffet.

Shishkeberry Great job on getting below your low from last week! Keep the momentum going!

MzJuicyD Great job on those sit ups! I love kickboxing. I was the biggest person in my classes, when I had a gym membership. For the most part, I had more energy and did better with the classes than the rest of them. Don't let any of that hold you back! Go to your classes and enjoy yourself! :carrot:

IsabellaOlivia Great job on the calories and 30 DS!

Zoodoo Congrats on the successful B-day party! It sounds like the kids had a blast!

Berry Walking is the best exercise a person can do! Great job!

Still I will go on a congratulate you on the 167! I hope it sticks for you! Great job with staying on plan! :carrot:

berryblondeboys
06-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Quickly before I eat breakfast - up .4 today. I knew I would be, but it's not from doing anything wrong - just a normal blip up.

still
06-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Holy cow, guys! It stuck!

Woosh of 3 lbs- officially 167 today!

My weightloss is soo weird these days. It used to be slow and steady, a pound here, a couple days later another, etc. Now I'll keep a weight for a week and a half, and then drop 3 pounds like its nothing. I blame the meds and my body adjusting to them. I was getting tired of staying on plan without results, now I'm really glad I did!

I might be buying a sundress today. It will be my first sundress since before Liam was born. I have a very casual, park-setting wedding in the beginning of July, and the sundress is for that. I hope I find something pretty, and flattering, and that fits nicely. Something that doesn't make me self-conscious. I dress for comfort in my daily life, because I'm always moving and on the floor with kids- jeans, big tshirts, tennis shoes. I want something that makes me feel pretty, and feminine.

Hope you all have a wonderful, on plan Sunday!

Diana3271
06-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Holy cow, guys! It stuck!

Woosh of 3 lbs- officially 167 today!

Still Congratulations! :carrot:

iamerican
06-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Mzjuicy;: Kickboxing class sounds crazy. Nice job keeping up and giving it your all!!

Zoodoo: Glad the party was a success! You planned well even for the rain! The science experiements sound fun and messy. I bet the kids love them.

Melissa: Nice walk and getting your heart rate up. I agree walking is a great exercise.

Diana: I did get my workout in yesterday. An hour of cardio. It felt good especially since my eating wasn’t on track last night. I had smores at a bonfire. And not just one. But better today. And I got a book and some scrapbooking stuff and the DH got a cigar case and a robot lighter to give to some friends. It was fun. Glad you slept well. You are on a roll!

Still: FANTASTIC! 3 pounds is awesome! Good luck finding a sundress! There are some mighty cute ones out this year for pretty cheap.

Last night I was over my calories do to smore at a bonfire, but I had an awesome workout earlier in the day so I din't feel too bad. I weighed myself this morning and I was up over a pound from yesterday. Annoying. I hope tomorrows official weigh-in is better.

So, I got up this morning with all intentions of going to the gym. I don't have a membership anywhere, but am just lucky enough to have access to a new state of the art gym at my college since I am a student. I looked at the time it was open, and during the summer it is CLOSED ON SUNDAYS! That is crazy, but I guess there are a lot less people in the summer. Although I am bummed since I had a great plan, I am still goign to get moving. I am off to do a TF DVD and then a walk with the DH.

Check-in later on this Beautiful SUnday! Hope everyone has a great day!

Diana3271
06-12-2011, 10:10 AM
iamerican Which TF did you do? I don't guess I have to mention this again :o but I LOVE TF! :D :carrot: Enjoy!

jendiet
06-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Hey ladies. I just wanted to quickly update. I can't keep up with this thread. I have been having a time to get into a routine with my 5 week old now, as well as study. i am getting ready to take the NCLEX which is scheduled on the 18th. I know there are a few of you routing for me.

My so and I are doing alot better. I know some of you were worried. i am glad i had your support.

kurisitaru
06-12-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm still newish to these forums. But I feel rather lame that last night I let myself eat what I did. I had family over and one shot of tequilla and next thing I knew I was eating and drinking what I wanted. Ugh...

I'm going to do better today, and tomorrow. Eating healthy is really important to me now.

IsabellaOlivia
06-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Today I did day 29 of 30 days shred. I ate 1511 calories. The reason I struggle with a high calorie intake is because I've done poor planning this week. I've just grabbed whatever was in the fridge/freezer. For next week I've planned out my dinners and written a grocery list for them, so I'll have all the ingredients available.

Kurisitaru There is no such a thing as one shot of tequilla

ShyHeather
06-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Today I ended up working for 7 hours, then rushed to the gym for my first ever pilates class. It was surprisingly hard. I am all ready feeling it, but I think that's in part to having been on my feet all day and working without pain killers to dull any of my senses. I've ate good today, except the drumstick ice cream cone at work. I knew better, but, I was being good so a sweet treat that early (at least it's not past midnight lol) isn't toooo awful. Still not something I'd do every single day. No way. I want this weight gone!

Diana3271
06-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Jen Hi :wave: It's great to see you and I'm glad you checked in! I'm glad things are looking up for you and your SO. It will take time to adjust to the new schedule. :hug: Good luck with your test.

kurisitaru Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

IsabellaOlivia Ha Ha! I hear you on the one shot of tequila! No such thing as a glass of wine either! ;) Great job on the planning for the week! That's the way to do it.

ShyHeather Great job on the pilates class!

Diana3271
06-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Total Approx 1515 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (1050 Calories)
Iced coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories
2 Grilled Mahi Tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories
Black beans (unsure of their calories) 200 calories
Fruit cup 100 calories

Dinner (100 calories)
Steamed yellow squash 100 calories

Exercise:
5 Mile Mall Walk

berryblondeboys
06-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Good evening all! Just got in from a nice walk with my husband and my son on his scooter. A bit easier than usually, but definitely not easy either. I even ran for bits! Me? Running? I thought those days were long gone - and it felt great.

Had fish, chard and a bit of potato with dinner tonight. my mother in law thinks I'm crazy for giving up wine with it, but I would rather eat more food than sip on a glass of wine.

Ended about 1350 for calories today. Weight seems a bit high this evening, but I also see my rings are a bit snugger than usually - water weight.

TTOM is finishing up, so maybe I'll see a bit of a drop in weight in the next couple days (I hope).

Diana3271
06-12-2011, 09:21 PM
I hope we all have a great week!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/235456-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-6-13-6-19-a.html