Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #76  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

I'm up a pound this morning to 189.2. I'm not surprised, last night was the third night in a row that I didn't get enough sleep. Fingers crossed that I can get to bed early tonight.

Hope everyone is well!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #77  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hey guys! Sorry I've been gone so long. My busyness finally caught up with me and I started letting things go.....luckily my lifestyle change wasn't one of them! BUT I sure have missed you guys.....and I've thought about you all a LOT! Too much to catch up on thru reading---did I miss any REALLY BIG stuff? Catch me up!

My only real news is that I'm officially down to 195 (that was at meeting last night)......I'm not having huge losses lately, but haven't showed any gains at my weekly weigh ins....so that's positive! I'm trying to stay on plan......ya win some, ya lose some in that category, but there's always tomorrow to climb back on the wagon! This morning when I got up and weighed in my night clothes, I was 193.0!! YEAH!! Surprised me because my supper alone last night was over 3000 mg of sodium!

Well, I'll BBL! Sure did miss you guys! I'm glad to be back!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 232

Height: 5'10"

Smile

Hello Everyone,
This is my first post on this thread and I am so Happy I found it, I need accountability (at least until I see a weight loss difference)or I make bad choices and give up!
I will give a little history of my weight loss trials, I am at a current weight of 232 and am trying to reach a goal of 150, I started out a few weeks ago going to the gym and working with a trainer. It was good for me because I had some one to hold me accountable for what I did and what I ate. To make a long story short I had to stop going and working out with my trainer due to cash flow and the last day we worked out I tore a muscle and could not work out for 6 weeks so now I am back, trying to get back into the grove and 5 lbs heavier than when I started.
I am trying to lose at least 20lbs by Aug for My Nephews Wedding, that is my first goal.
I hope to be an encourager as well as encouraged

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone!!
buglee28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
Hey guys! Sorry I've been gone so long. My busyness finally caught up with me and I started letting things go.....luckily my lifestyle change wasn't one of them! BUT I sure have missed you guys.....and I've thought about you all a LOT! Too much to catch up on thru reading---did I miss any REALLY BIG stuff? Catch me up!

My only real news is that I'm officially down to 195 (that was at meeting last night)......I'm not having huge losses lately, but haven't showed any gains at my weekly weigh ins....so that's positive! I'm trying to stay on plan......ya win some, ya lose some in that category, but there's always tomorrow to climb back on the wagon! This morning when I got up and weighed in my night clothes, I was 193.0!! YEAH!! Surprised me because my supper alone last night was over 3000 mg of sodium!

Thanks for checking in, I was worried about you! Glad all is well and you are still plugging away. I totally understand how busy life is right now, way to go staying on plan! I sure did miss you
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #80  

A little late for me checking in today, had to take youngest DS to orthodontist. He needs a space holder, but thats it for right now. Thank goodness because 2 kids in braces is going to hurt a lot more than 2 in diapers ever did Word of caution to you young girls that want to have children, space them out AT LEAST 3 years apart, trust me on this one.
I am up a pound today, yes a whole pound! TOM has just about finished, and I should be enjoying a whoosh cycle, but instead I am up a pound. WTH? Maybe sitting out in the 95 degree humidity at the ball games last night had something to do with it. I don't know, but for some reason today it didn't really bug me as much as it usually does.
I feel the need to run again. It has been a week and I am ready to get back at it. It just came to me last night that I felt like I needed to run. Either this afternoon or tomorrow morning, I think I will start out again with 2-3 miles. Also, I don't seem to get the ups on the scale as much when I am running, must control the water retention or something.
Hope everyone is having a good, on plan day!
Welcome to all the newbies and glad a lot of the regulars are back too!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #81  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post

Oh so happy you checked in and you are rocking the weight loss - it's constantly coming down - GOOD FOR YOU! You are 5 lbs less than the last time you checked in. Slow? That's quick! High Five!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #82  
Melissa

Just came back from doing a lot of errands for getting our garage organized. I went to Dick's sporting goods to see if they had a bike rack for hanging bikes on the wall. They did, but not the kind I wanted. I decided to take a look around the store. I was so shocked and happy to see that I can fit their clothes (hasn't sunk in yet that I'm not plus size any more) and even more. I don't need an XL, but a large. What? I'm still over 200 pounds? I always said the smallest I would be is a Large. Seems since I've been fat they have changed sizing again and now I'll probably end up a medium. Honestly, I feel sorry for the tiny girls because the XS is probably now what used to be a Medium!

I got myself a couple running shirts and shorts that were on sale. Not for running but walking now that it's SUPER hot.

So, while the scale has been playing mind games with me, I do see I am definitely getting smaller and I love, love, love feeling more athletic/fit!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 06-08-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #83  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Berry, that's great that you don't have to wear plus size anymore!
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #84  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

HIIII!!!!

I am back. Tired and happy and I even managed to shed 2 pounds
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #85  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

YAAA! For the return of all our friends!!

I managed Day 3 of VBS without 1 morsel of cookies! 2 more days! But Friday is Sundae Funday Friday in our class and my friend, Wendy--who is also the Director of the class--informed me we will serve ice cream sundaes with crushed oreos, M&Ms, Sprinkles, and candy bits. ((smh))
Glad I weigh Friday morning BEFORE I go to class!!!

Today has been on plan, except I still can't exercise. I am going to the MD on Friday for a culture and a PAP. Yaa me (Sometimes nurses need a doctor too!)
I can't get over whatever it is I have, but all I know is this--before I went to the lake 2 weekends ago, I was fine. Now, I have welts on my back and some type of infection and despite meds--it's not healing

I am having serious cravings for cake this week, and I don't know why. I have resisted all week, but today may be the day I cave. Since I can't exercise, I know even a small piece will put me over in cals for the day!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #86  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone! I'm so glad to see everyone back!

I'm doing well, despite being back to 170. I got a new iPod last night- they discovered a short in the hardware. So I'm loading it back up! Woot!

Today my focus is staying on plan and drinking loads of water. I've been slacking in the H20 department lately, and its so HOT here.

Breakfast: hot tea with splenda, 1.5 c. of raisin bran granola cereal w/ milk
Snack: 100 cal pack of cocoa roasted almonds
Lunch: Balance protein bar, chocolate peanut butter (yum!)
Snack: Salt n vinegar popchips
Dinner: Hummus, kalmata olives, feta cheese, roasted red pepper, and artichoke hearts stuffed into whole wheat pita pockets. Double yum! I'll probably toss a salad in with that. As I'm looking at my day here I'm noticing a distinct lack of veggies.

I'm so exhausted lately I'm not sure I'll get any exercise in tonight. But thats okay because I aim for 3-4 times per week, and I've done twice so far.

Hope you guys are all doing fantastic and staying cool.
still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

After 13 days of no change the scale gave me a 2 pound drop to a new low 233 pounds!! :

DW and I ate at Perkin's for lunch, I am sure glad I did not order what she did!! She had! She ordered the Captain's Catch. When we got home and checked it it was 2410 calories and a whopping 4900 mg of sodium! Wow!!

I ate the Senior Tilapia with herb rice and spinach. My calorie count at lunch was 650 calories and 680 mg sodium. Much better choice than my DW made!!Dinner was rice and chicken breast cooked with no sodium bouillion. This brought my day total to 1360 calories and a relatively low 912 mg of sodium!! On Plan!!

No opportunity for exercise today!!

Diana in LA - Glad you are with us again!!

Sumi - Welcome back!!

Mellissa - I can sure identify with garden critters. Mine was visited by deer and they cleaned me out!! they ate all of the radishes, all of the green and yellow beans, ate all the cucumbers and the vines, and ate all of the green tomatoes. Evidently they do not like tomato plants, just the fruit. In stead of eating vegetables from my garden I may need to have venison!!

Hi to everyone else and newcomers!!

Larry,

Last edited by Larry H; 06-08-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #88  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Congrats Larry!!!!! You are truly an inspiration!
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #89  
Melissa

Sum yay! So glad to see you are back! Yay on the 2 pounds too! I hope it was exactly what you needed!

Larry And two pounds for you too! Woohoo! And yes, those darn critters are going to make me mean! I think it's the groundhog, but MAN, plants are not cheap!

k9owner good job on staying on plan! if you are craving cake, try to make it angel food at least!

jomatho sorry you are up a pound, but you probably know why and good luck with running again (do it early to avoid the heat!)

iamerican Good luck with your new job tomorrow!

motivated815 Welcome! You will love it here!

vixsin sleep! sleep!! sleep!!! Sleep!!! I hear ya though, messes with everything when you don't get enough sleep.

shishkaberry Glad to see you are losing that weekend water weight gain!

shellsbrood yay on the new low! (I hope it sticks!) and tell me, and I don't mean to make this sound weird, because as a mom to a child with aspergers/autism, how do you both communicate? Did he have problems with sharing his feelings, back and forth conversation when he was younger? Are there still stumbling communication problems? You can PM me if you prefer. I love my son like any mother and he's a joy to be around, but his communication skills are definitely very different from most kids, but you still communicate... if that makes sense.

mamakat I hope you made it home OK. Are you wearing toning/shape up shoes? you really might want to stick to running shoes - they are easier on the leg muscles and podiatrists are really iffy on this new fad, so be careful!

mzjuicyd Yay on your new low and super good luck on your 90 day challenge!

RachelJ Welcome back from vacation and good job on maintaining while at it!

zoodoo Yay on the 202 and a night to yourself! Wow! Enjoy!

Lauren Stay cool! THough it sounds like you like it hot!

Diana3271 I am majorly impressed with you keeping right at your maintenance level so far - even the lower end of it - even with vacation weekend thrown in. How does it feel? ANy different?

buglee28 Welcome to the board!

Still Sorry you bounced back up and things are crazy busy for you right now. Boss still not easing up on hours?

This afternoon, in near 100 degrees, I was cleaning out the garage, reorganizing it and putting it all back in. Then I made dinner, which fortunately was mostly leftovers with a few add-ins to make it a complete meal. I showered and now I feel great. I feel better knowing my mother in law can park her car in the garage now. I was feeling guilty about her having to park in the driveway because of all the gardening stuff in the way and the new bikes. Now she leave the house in a comfortable car, park in a parking garage to keep it cool at the mall, and then come back to a cool garage.

When I was done and came back in (obviously dehydrated and hungry) I saw 201.2 on the scale, it blipped for a second at 199.8 as it bounced around to settle on a number. That's the FIRST time I saw it bounce low enough to be in the 1xx's. Means nothing as now I've eaten and had 4 big glasses of water (and yes, I was drinking while working too, just not enough).

TTOM hasn't started yet and it was due today. Maybe I miscalculated the big O day, but who knows... maybe my cycle is messed up with this whole perimenopause thing. (No way am I pregnant - so don't ask! :-) )
Old 06-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #90  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

OMG Larry.....you are literally a new man! I almost didn't recognize you!! I am so very, VERY proud of you......there are no words! I am in complete awe of your success! Did you EVER think at this time LAST year that you would be where you are now and have been thru what you've been thru now? Did you think you'd be as successful as you've been? How do you feel?!?!

Last night at my WW mtg, there was a man that shared his story. He began his journey 10 yrs ago at 499 lbs. He now weighs 240! He's gone thru counseling to figure out why he was eating himself to death. It was an amazing story......reminded me of you, Larry, just because he's endured so much, just like you!

Berry, not "officially" 5 lbs less (I don't count it as official until I've got it recorded on my WW weight record....even though I see it for myself on my own scales....silly, I know.....lol) My 192.6 is sticking with me all day today though....although, I usually weigh in jeans and today am weighing in cotton capris, which are much lighter. With jeans, I'm sure I'd be at 194.5. Sometimes, I may be guilty of not giving myself enough credit! lol YOU, btw, look like you have had some pretty major swooshes since I was here last. I thought I remembered you still being 210 or so when I was here last? You're smokin' that beastly scale!! Rock on, girl!!

Okay, going to change my ticker....it's driving me nuts! lol OH before I go...NSV..guess what my sister, who has never been overweight a day in her life, called me today----SKINNY! I bout fell on the floor! lol Now, I know she was just being nice.....I DO still weigh in the 190's......but for her to say such a thing......I was like.....whoa!!! lol

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 06-08-2011 at 08:11 PM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote