Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-07-2011, 07:30 AM   #31  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Add me to the coffee IV list, but I don't do caffeine any more, so I don't think decaf coffee will do the trick.

My oldest son (reallllllly strong ADHD) had all this 'forgotten' homework to finish up. He finally went to bed at 1 am. Gets up at 6:25 am. My younger son was talking to himself in his room and occasionally calling out to us until about 1 am too (I think with all his big brother's big voice, it woke him up and didn't allow him to fall back asleep). So, basically, I had 5 hours of sleep Friday night, 5 hours of sleep Saturday night, 9 hours of sleep Sunday night and a bit more than 5 hours of sleep Monday night. One good night doesn't create any buffer!

It's going to be screaming hot the next few days. Today just around 90 and the next two after that over 95 so I doubt I'll be riding the bike much unless early or late in the day. My plan is to ride to the ticket office to buy concert tickets today, stopping at the bank first and maybe at the library after (they are all near each other), but not sure I'll ride it or not. I have aerobics at 10:30 am, so with sleepy child (not even sure I'm sending him in to school today - it's field day, he's sleeping and he tends to get overwhelmed with lots of loud noise... but also, he loves to have fun, run around with other kids, so it's hard to know what's best) my day is unpredictable at this point.

Scale is down .4 this morning which is still .6 higher than my 'blip' low. TTOM is scheduled to start tomorrow.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 06-07-2011 at 07:31 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:55 AM   #32  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Hi, gals, I'm back!

I had an amazing time away with my hubby, but boy did we have a huge bunch of issues plague us. Delta is the worst airline to fly with ever! And, when we first got to Disney, I had a tummy bug for the first few days and once I was better, dh came down with a kidney stone attack! We still made the best of it, despite all that. Our vacation ended up a day longer, because we were stranded in Atlanta due to too many delays.

I did end up maintaining my weight last month, which was my goal. Since getting back OP, I've dropped a couple of pounds this week and am happily at a new low of 184.4.

Here's a pic of dh and I on our vacation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 243824_10150269792937160_739367159_9133743_5139852_o.jpg (20.5 KB, 13 views)
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:07 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I am glad today is a new day because I blew it yesterday!! It started out OK but we had to drive to MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa to get some prescriptions. At the base exchange food court I decided on the diet Taco Bell burritos which were 350 calories each. As lunch is our larger meal of the day I got two of them with a caffeine free diet soda. When I got home and recorded my lunch I discovered to my dismay that the Fresco style burrito's had 1270 mg sodium each. My 2000 daily plan for sodium was out the window. The burritos also seemed to make me very hungry in the evening and I nibbled and over ate.

I finished the day with 1792 calories 292 over plan and 2903 mg of sodium 903 over plan.

I did get to walk about a mile.

My weight was still the same, no scale movement yet.

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:15 AM   #34  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

I have been walking around 7km a day for the past 2 years and it just seems like it isn't hard enough even though I am walking what I consider to be pretty fast.
I started the C25K program this week (I learned about it reading this forum). I downloaded an app on my iPod that yells at you and tells you to walk or run at intervals - makes it very easy. W1, W2 were too easy so I went to W3 and I don't really like the programmed intervals that much, so I downloaded a new app where you can program your own intervals. I have it set up tomorrow to do 4 minute jog, 1 minute walk, and repeat...
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

iamerican - Woohoo on those 2 lbs! And your goal is totally doable! Go for it!

MzJuicyD - Maybe you should wear bright colors more often!

Stacy- OMG the Reese's pieces sundae was my drug of choice in HS. I was looking at it on the menu but decided to steer clear!

Lauren - I always read your menus with interest. I need to start taking notes!

Vixsin - I often wonder about calorie calcs for that sort of thing. When I'm doing "real" exercise I trust fitday, but when I've been cleaning for 4 hours, say, I'm always suspect that I'm not working as hard as they think I am. Or turning compost! Oh man, that burns through some calories, if fitday is to be believed.

uwfan - If it were me, I'd have the cupcake, but I guess I might make a different decision if I thought it would lead to a binge.

jomatho - Don't you hate how you can't get absolutely everything done that you want to? I always underestimate how long things will take.

Berry - I love the biking to grocery store idea, and occasionally do it for a couple things, but I just can't see myself making it work for a regular shopping trip. I have enough trouble making myself go as it is! Speaking of underestimating how longs thing take (above), last week I decided that I would walk to the store for the lime I needed for the recipe I was making. 2.25 miles roundtrip. We didn't end up eating until 8 that night. ;D

Diana - I'm with you on the coffee and I got 7 hours of sleep. 5 is my bare minimum for functionality.

K9 - I'd never survive around all that dessert!

Still - Rest up! You'll be back at it soon!

Shellsbrood - Welcome back! Oh yikes! Kidney stones are the worst. Hope he's doing better.

Larry - You blew it?! You never blow it! Your definition of blowing it is still a pretty reasonable day.

Darius - If you've been doing the same exercise for 2 years, I'm not surprised it's getting easy for you. Stepping it up is a great idea, but make sure you don't push yourself too fast!
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #36  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
Darius - If you've been doing the same exercise for 2 years, I'm not surprised it's getting easy for you. Stepping it up is a great idea, but make sure you don't push yourself too fast!
Thank you zoodoo; that's good advice - the last thing I want is to get injured and not be able to exercise...
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 258/244.6/190

Height: 5'7"

Jomatho: Nice job being on plan! Whoop!

Still: I know the walking in sandals all day feeling. I feel like my heel is going to fall off. Rest up! Nice job being on plan yesterday!

Shellsbrood: Maintaing on a trip! That is a feat! Then a new low! That is awesome. Congrats!

Darius: That app sounds really cool. What is it called? I might have to get that. I don’t know if I am in running yet, but it’s be nice to have when I am.

I was ate really well yesterday and did 40 min of cardio and 20 min of weights. Look at me go! The biggest change I have seen in the last couple weeks is my energy. Honestly, I was sleeping at least 9 hours everyday and was so exhausted. It must have been all that crappy food. Now I am feeling better. Could this time of getting my butt in gear (what? It must be trial 543 now right?) be THE time! I hope so. I added sodium count to myfitnesspal. It is just interesting to look at. Never really acknowledged it. Thanks guys!
iamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Man, I just can't get it together! I thought I was doing OK yesterday, but this morning when I was looking through the food I'd logged, I realized I'd left out my oatmeal! Once I logged that, I ended up with 1590 calories for the day. It's not an insanely high number, but it seems like I have more high end numbers than low end numbers these days. Ack! My average since getting back from Florida is 1630. My average before FL was 1530. I'm heading in the wrong direction! I've gotten on the wii fit for the past 2 mornings, but not soon to get much of a workout in. General running around will have to do for exercise.

I sent my son to school today with 28 invitations. He asked me what would happen if they all came I said we'd be in big trouble! I'm expecting 10 kids, 15 tops. With any luck I scared a lot of them off with the late invite. I got a lot done last night and am going to focus on party prep for until later in the week, when I'll hopefully be able to get my husband to help with general house and yard clean up. I got the out-of-the-ordinary stuff (buying the dump permit, loading the truck with the stuff for the dump, putting fencing around the blueberries) that he's bad at done already. He's a champ when it comes to the routine stuff, where as I'm better at the project stuff. Sounds like a good combo, but it somehow doesn't quite meet in the middle to getting everything done.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #39  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone

Hope everyone is having a lovely day, another lovely day here in TO. I am loving this weather!!! Makes me want to get up and do things BUT alas I am stuck inside at work booooooo!

Oh well, gotta pay the bills

Here is my plan for the day Tues 6/7/2011

B - 1 whole wheat bun with Earth Balance, soy cheese slice & tomatoes + 1 cup canteloupe + 1 glass choc almond milk

L - Leftovers from last night, veggies and tempeh done on the bbq with a home made bbq sauce + potato salad w/ a balsamic type dressing

D - Homemade pumpkin rotini + 2 homemade vegan cookies

Drinking: At least 2L water

Exercise: Physio today + 45min walk with the dog

Bye for now
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #40  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All!!

The scale greeted me with whooshing away 1.8 to a new low of 188.2. Thank you, scale.

Had a great run last night. My wonderful friend Pedro came to visit for a while too. Went to bed FAR too late and only got almost 6 hours of sleep. I feel a bit achy and sore today. Thinking about taking an incline walk on the tread this evening.

Much, much work to do so I will, as always, try and check back at lunch time. I'm hoping for a perfectly on plan day for you all!!
Darius: Welcome!!!!!! Yay for you and doing C25K. That program has made me the runner that I am today! I also strongly agree with Zoodoo about being careful and pushing yourself. When I first started I pushed too hard and way too fast and ended up on the sidelines not able to work out for 5 months. Take it slow and steady. Your body will thank you!!! Best of luck on your journey and welcome to the group!! We're glad to have you here!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

I'M BACK!!!!!

After a couple weeks of crazy schedules and grabbing a bite to eat here and there I've gained a few. Today I weighed in at 141.4....over maintenance!!! So, I'm back to post daily what I'm eating and what I'm doing for exercise! This time I'd like to reach 135 and maintain UNDER that. Anyways, I've gotta get ready for an interview...but here's my plan for today. Calories are a bit low so I may snack on something HEALTHY to up the calories, or not.

B – Cereal (shredded wheat) w/1% milk 250
S – Greek yogurt 120
L – Soup 200
S – Strawberries 50
D – Turkey Burgers 600

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for exercise today...I'll post that later once I figure that out.

Hope you all have a great day! I'll try to catch up on personals later on. However I did skim and see Shells is back from vacation and has a new low! Congrats Shells! And you too Vixsin! I also see that Berry is only a few pounds from Onderland!! Y'all are awesome!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #42  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Still: You cant go to a carnival and not have a little carnival food! lol

Jomatho: Congrats on staying on plan!
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #43  
Danielle

Berry: I need to invest in a bike! lol

Shells: I'm glad you were still able to enjoy yourself on vacation even though there were a lot of complications!

Larry: Today is a new day!!!!!!!!!!! I know you will be able to bounce back from that minor fall. I think I need to start recording my sodium intake as well. The only thing I really focus on now is calories. Maybe you can offer me some tips!

iamerican: I, too, have noticed an energy increase! Before I was ALWAYS exhausted! Now I love exercising!

ZooDoo: Try not to beat yourself up as far as calorie intake. I always vary my intake and that seems to work best for me. On days I exercise less i stay around 1500. If I excerise more then I take it up to 1700-1800. I don't know why it works for me but it does!

Vixsin: Congrats on the new low!

LindseyLou: Welcome back! I know you will get back on track!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #44  
Danielle

As for me, I weighed in at 262.8 this morning, which was surprising. I thought I would be way up because I took that Body Pump class yesterday and I'm always up after that! I did a pretty good job as far as my eating yesterday and I spent 2 hours at the gym. I took my Body Pump class followed by Zumba. After my workout I started feeling really nauseous and it was kinda scary. Ive never felt like that after a workout before. Does anyone know why this might have happened?

After i made it home from the gym i managed to fix dinner. I made turkey burgers and heated up some frozen sweet potato fries i bought. I had never had sweet potato fries and was a little afriad to try it. All in all....i LOVED them and now they are a new fav!

I plan on heading back to the gym today for another zumba class. My 90 day challenge officially begins tomorrow and ive never been so excited! My goal is 30 pounds!
Old 06-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #45  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all. Got up at 5am and did our 3 laps, am home alone today and "off" and have not stopped yet! Going for my diabetes education appointment and I assume getting my glucose meter.

8am: oatmeal(5 minute one)
honey
milk

11am: baked chicken leg
small amount of spaghetti noodles
small amount of veggies sauted in small amount of butter

2pm: same as 11am

5pm: strawberries

7pm: boiled shrimp with crackers(about 4) and dipping sauce

Have a blessed day. Tammy
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote