100 lb. Club - 290's Club

View Full Version : 290's Club

geoblewis
04-25-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm not here yet, but I will be in just 10 lbs. I'm thinking positive, and no longer going to be a slave to the thought that I weigh over 300 lbs. I also don't care to remain in the 300+ threads once I break past the threshold of 299.5. There is no going back!!!!

I've been in the Who wants to get out of the 300s with me??? (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/230562-who-wants-get-out-300s-me.html) thread, started by Reptogirl, for a little over two weeks. It's really helped me refocus and gave me a forward-thinking impetus towards a renewed emotional commitment.

So, I thought I'd start this thread, hoping others in the 290s range would contribute, and this thread could get rolling and be fully functional by the time I arrive. I reserve the right to lurk!

reptogirl
04-26-2011, 02:40 AM
haha...well i am obviously not here yet either, but something to work towards, so thanks for starting this thread :)

geoblewis
04-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Is there no one who is in the 290s? Maybe it's a scary number. Maybe, having just vacated the 300s, no one is ready to give up their good support team. Or maybe your mindset is so entrenched in the 300s that being in the 290s doesn't seem real.

Perhaps you're coming at this from the other direction. You can't admit to yourself that you've come so dangerously close to 300 that posting here is out of the question to you.

Whatever your situation, that's okay. I'm hoping to permanently slide below 300 soon, and I don't mind writing and writing and writing, even if it's to myself.

Maybe some big movie director will read this someday, find it utterly fascinating and decide to make a movie of my life...

I really need my coffee!

reptogirl
04-28-2011, 02:29 AM
georgia you are great:) and i love your post so much. i guess i need to bust my butt so i can join you here bc i don't want movie director to overlook me either :) haha...fun to dream all the same

geoblewis
04-28-2011, 01:12 PM
I have decided to inspire myself in a new, more tangible way to "legally" move into this thread.

I am a textile hoarder. In my world travels, I've amassed quite a collection of fabrics. I have them all tucked away. It's time to get real with them, get rid of the ones that don't speak to me any longer. But I found on Nordstroms.com that they have a designer section with pieces they're carrying now or for the next season. I can print off pictures of the outfits I like and match them up with the fabric, and hang a few pieces in my room for inspiration...because I intend to make them for myself once I break past 300, 275, 250, 200, and then once I reach the ultimate goal of 175.

First outfit...a silk caftan (http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/roberto-cavalli-chiffon-caftan/3182071?origin=category&resultback=3003). I actually already have some silk fabric. I would love to wear it for fun on weekends, and it's so flowing and loose that it'll serve it's purpose as I lose weight. I have cool, funky jewelry to wear with it, and if I wanted to go out wine-tasting in it, I have some lovely strappy sandals. And I would probably wear it over leggings. My version cost me less than $100. The Cavali version is $1600!

geoblewis
04-29-2011, 11:14 AM
I checked the mailbox all week and it would seem the Lord Chamberlain was remiss in posting my invitation to the Royal Wedding in ample time for it to arrive all the way to California.

*sigh* I guess the BBC coverage will have to do.

A proper British breakfast 'fry-up':

Back bacon - 120 calories
Fried eggs - 180 calories
Grilled tomatoes - 30 calories
Fried mushrooms - 60 calories
Toast with butter - 200 calories
Sausages - 210 calories
Baked beans - 130 calories
Hash browns - 190 calories

Total calories...1120 calories

Good God!

geoblewis
04-30-2011, 09:59 PM
The continuing saga of the one-woman thread...

I weighed in at 306.5 today. Down 2.5 this week. At this rate, I can expect to legally participate in this 290s thread in three weeks.

Just keeping my eyes on the prize!

This morning I read Eat Stop Eat. I really liked it! It made sense to me. It made sense because it explained why, even when I weighed 353 lbs, it was so easy to gain weight when I was eating 2000 calories a day (because I didn't have much muscle mass).

I learned that the only thing that can ramp up my metabolism is to increase my lean muscle mass, and I can only do that with weight training or some other form of weight-bearing exercise (like Pilates).

Assuming all the author's research and conclusions are correct, I learned how valuable fasting is and I am hopeful that regular fasting, in a very short time, will put me in the non-diabetic catagory. I'm already no longer in need of bp meds and I have gorgeous cholesterol levels too. I want to stay drug-free as long as possible, and I'd really like to be supplement-free as well.

What will arriving in the 290s mean to me? The last time I weighed in the 290s, I just had my first son. So, not too far to get to my original pre-pregnancy weight! It'll also mean that I have decluttered and uncomplicated my life enough so that I can really devote time to my health. It would be nice if all the bad memories that came with those 54 lbs would melt away too, but perhaps I'll just look at it as 54 lbs of personal healing.

konfyoozed
04-30-2011, 10:16 PM
georgia you are doing a fantastic job! i wish this thread had been here when i first started on the site, i was 292 then and busting my butt to get to 28X!

every pound is a victory, so you could look at it as 54 wins! :)

silentarctic
05-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Georgia - I think its amazing you are going to sew for yourself I am envious of your talent! :) I wish I could join you here but alas I am far away I hope its okay if I stop in to cheerlead you despite my lack of forward momentum at the moment!

geoblewis
05-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Ladies, thank you so much for cheering me on. I'm here to support you too! I was really soooooooo stuck at 320 lbs for so long. I just can't bear to weigh more than 300 any longer. The 290s are so close!

Really, I wonder what I'm going to do the day I break past 300 lbs. First of all, I'll be so obnoxiously happy about it! I'll have to tell everyone about it, whether they care to hear it or not! But I'll also be nervous, like it's not real, or I'll gain it all back the next day. Even now, being so close to 305 and it's hard to mentally accept. And no matter how proud I am of my progress, I still see all my lumps and bumps, I see how my breasts now puddle at the bottom of the bra cups, how some of my pants are tighter through the thigh and waist because the excess skin is filling in the extra space vacated by the stored fat.

Must...stop...focusing...on...the...negative! I'm going to get my fabric out again, because it's pretty and I feel so inspired by it! I plan to rock that silk caftan in six-and-a-half pounds!

geoblewis
05-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Oh 290s, I think I can see you from here...if only this stupid 6.5lb weight would release me!!!

reptogirl
05-02-2011, 09:16 PM
i will probably cry when i make it out of the 300's, as of today ive got about 13 pounds to go and then i will probably freak out like you said...is it for real???

we can do this georgia...we will...you are so stinkin close!!!!!

geoblewis
05-04-2011, 12:12 AM
Oh Repto..."so stinkin' close" was ripped from my fingers this morning! Woke up to 312 on the scale. Totally water weight gain, because I've been keeping the calories well below average intake. My ankles and feet were swollen, as were my hands. It's the start of really warm weather, I spent a lot of time sitting at my desk the last two days, and TOM is back in town. My periods have been so erratic as I'm on approach with the menopause thing. We must be making up for lost time.

I was really frustrated all morning, especially since tomorrow is weigh-in for our fitness challenge at my Pilates studio. I sooooooo wanted to register a 14-lb loss. I stomped around a bit and made some noise, but then I made a pot of coffee, drank a lot of green tea and water, took my cranberry capsules and been peeing my brains out all day. I even put on my compression stocking that I haven't had to wear in a year. And a pair of compression shorts. I may sleep in them.

I kept calories very low today. Very, very low on the carbs (like 20 gm net!). Had a big, BIG serving of dandelion greens. They have good "elimination" properties. I hope all my efforts pay off and get me back down below 310. Will keep you posted!

reptogirl
05-04-2011, 03:15 AM
aww i hope everything you did today pays off tomorrow for your weigh in!!!! it is almost my TOM seems like it is always that time :( so just as i am getting back on track i am going to deal with the rollercoaster of temporary weight gain, not to mention the intense cravings.

good luck on the scale in the morning!!!!

SuomiSara
05-04-2011, 03:41 AM
A proper British breakfast 'fry-up':

Back bacon - 120 calories
Fried eggs - 180 calories
Grilled tomatoes - 30 calories
Fried mushrooms - 60 calories
Toast with butter - 200 calories
Sausages - 210 calories
Baked beans - 130 calories
Hash browns - 190 calories

Total calories...1120 calories

Good God!

Im British, this is something we rarely eat. For most people its something they may have a few times a year and scrap the hash browns straight away as they arent common.

Its usually all grilled too besides the fried egg ;)

geoblewis
05-04-2011, 12:05 PM
this is something we rarely eat

Oh, I know. I've spent quite a bit of time in London, and while I had breakfast out a lot, I never noticed anyone but American tourists order it! Wait till I put up the All-American breakfast stats on Independance Day!

Repto - I really worked the water-loss yesterday, and it worked. Back down 4.5 lbs to 306.5! I am so relieved! Squeezed the pee outta me!:dizzy:

Off to Pilates...looking forward to some good planks today.

reptogirl
05-05-2011, 12:22 AM
awesome georgia!!!!!!!! i was down .4, so exactly 315..

Hyacinth
05-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Hi, glad to see a thread about the 290s! I haven't been all that committed to losing weight recently, but have been eating better simply because I'm trying to save money by cooking at home.

My weight has hovered between 306 and maybe 313 for quite a while. I hadn't stepped on the scale for a few weeks, and expected my weight to be at the top of that range. Imagine my surprise when the scale read 301!

I'm happy the 290s are unexpectedly close. I hope to make it to 299 in the next week.

Geo, your textile supply sounds intriguing! How cool that you can make yourself some unique clothing with it.

reptogirl
05-05-2011, 07:27 PM
awww hyacinth---i love keeping up appearances!!!!

Truffle
05-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Hi, everyone...Glad to see a 290s thread here.

I hit my highest ever of 294 last summer, and have been yo-yo'ing between that and about 288 ever since.

I can't stand the way I feel though, and I feel myself getting more and more limited in what I can do with each passing day, so I'm getting ready to start again in the morning.

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to suffer through another summer being this big, but I guess I will after all.

Maybe NEXT year I'll have more of this off, and will be more comfortable.

Look forward to talking with everyone.

silentarctic
05-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Oh Truffle! You can do this, each moment is a new moment. Thats the attitude I have now and it is beautiful and freeing :)

geoblewis
05-10-2011, 01:50 AM
Thought I'd pop in for a bit before going to bed...been out all weekend. Haven't weighed myself till just now. I know, why weigh myself at the end of the day? I'm just curious and anticipatory. Sometimes I weigh myself at the end of the day just to see how much I drop during the night just sleeping. It's odd. Some nights I can sleep away as much as four pounds. Other nights, I can gain a pound. Those are the real head-scratchers. How do I gain a pound overnight?

Anyway, I weighed in at 308 lbs, after eating 1900 calories today. I was craving chicken tonight, so I went over the limit. I'll weigh myself just before I eat tomorrow. If it's one of those nights when I lose four pounds, I will be so happy!

Welcome to the new club members! Chat with you later!

geoblewis
05-13-2011, 12:01 PM
I completed a 22 hour fast last night. My first big fast in a long time. I felt just fine at the end of it, well, a bit woozy, but okay. I just started getting edgy about not eating and so I made myself a good dinner. I'll weigh in later today, just before I eat again.

This morning, the fasting effort has left me feeling in charge of my appetite. Excellent result! I do own my appetite! This feels good!

Off to Pilates...yesterday, I went to Pilates and did upper body weight training while fasting around 20 hours. That was an interesting feeling!

By the way, got down to 305 this week!

Liverpool Sue
05-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi :)

I'm glad this is here too!! I'm nearly out of the 300s and I'm not going back again :dizzy:

WTG on the 305 we will ALL get there soon!!

reptogirl
05-16-2011, 01:23 AM
sorry haven't been posting, was a rough week..but i am back

geoblewis
05-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Hey Repto...I've had a rough week too. My sweet little dog Chloe, just over a year old, escaped through the door and ran out into the street and was killed by a passing car. We're all devastated at my house, and we miss her terribly. My younger son is having a particularly bad time.

Because how hard this has been for the last two days, I haven't eaten much of anything. I got up this morning to weigh myself, finally, and found the scale telling me I weighed 300.5 lbs. And because I am still feeling such sadness, I didn't really care at all. I'm going to drop below 300 this week and it's going to be a non-event.

I don't feel like eating at all. I just feel like cleaning, of all things. Yesterday, I cleaned the laundry room and a bathroom. Today I did all the dishes and put away Chloe's dog food and bowls. I'm about to vacuum and steam mop the floor in there. She was in the process of shedding hair for warmer weather, so there's still a lot of Chloe in the house.

I think that later today, we need to get out of the house for a little bit. Maybe we'll go walk the mall in the next town. And maybe tomorrow I'll get back to Pilates class.

reptogirl
05-17-2011, 11:03 PM
omg georgia :( you are breaking my heart
i wish there was something i could say to ease your pain, it is so damn hard to lose an animal, and i am so terrified of my dawgter getting out in traffic. you and your son truly have my deepest sympathy

geoblewis
05-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Thank you Repto. I'm sitting at my desk by my bedroom window and seeing other people out, walking their little pooches. Chloe used to sit on my bed and watch them all go by and bark at them until we got dressed to take her out every morning. Mornings are the hardest.

Stayed away from food and the kitchen most of the day yesterday. The idea of cooking doesn't appeal to me at all. So last night, for dinner, I picked up a couple Papa Murphy's DeLite pizzas for us. And I really chowed on that. I don't even know if I was hungry when I started eating. But by the end of the evening, I had eaten five slices of pizza and salad. Less pizza than I used to eat, but I went over my goal weight BMR caloric limit for the day by 238 calories.

I haven't had enough water to drink for the last couple days, so I drank extra water yesterday. I know that between the salty pizza and extra carbs, plus extra water, that's why I saw a gain of one pound on the scale this morning. It'll all balance out soon enough.

I have not felt like exercising at all. But I have been cleaning. A lot. I scoured the laundry room, got all the laundry done and put away, and started scouring the bathrooms yesterday. The kitchen is clean, as is the living room and dining room. Today, I think I'm going to finally go through paperwork that's been piling up in my bedroom. I don't know. Physical work feels better right now. Not brain work.

I read recently that while it is good to do weight training to build muscle and for bone density health, when it comes to burning calories, we burn more calories in a day using our organs and our brain than we do using our muscles. Because the organs and brain are constantly working. So it makes sense why sitting at a desk thinking all day can be exhausting, even though it feels like we haven't done anything.

Maybe I can burn more calories if I ramp up my ADD tendencies more instead of trying to supress and control them.

I'm going to try to get some creative work started. I'm behind on a couple projects for clients. Maybe writing code burns calories too.

Liverpool Sue
05-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Im so sorry to hear about Chloe, it is very hard when that happens to everyone in the family. :hug:

geoblewis
05-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Thank you Sue. Toughest times are the mornings and going to bed at night. She was a snuggler.

I was so mentally and emotionally prepared to weigh less than 300 lbs this morning. Yesterday I weighed in right at 300 and I felt so relieved to finally get there. I ate completely on target yesterday...until around 10 pm. When I just craved pumpkin seeds. Actually, I craved Oreo cookies, something for which I NEVER have cravings. I rummaged through the kitchen. Should have had a plum, but had to go for the pumpkin seeds. Low sodium, dry roasted...just 1/4 cup. Out me over on calories by just 360. Did not weigh that much. I justified...

So I just weighed in at 303.5 lb. I'm not mad...I'm not losing my resolve...I'm not even frustrated. I rather expected to bounce between the 290s and the 300s for about a week. I won't feel totally at home in the 200s until I'm even out of this thread and into the 280s, I think.

Still, I was hopeful for something magical to happen. But weight loss isn't magical. It didn't come on magically. It won't just fall off because I wish it would. I wasn't going to abandon the plan once I hit 299, so I'll just get right back to it. And besides, that was my early morning weight. I don't count that one since starting the intermittent fasting. The one that counts is the one just before my first meal, around noon.

Time to make coffee. And take some cranberry capsules!

Liverpool Sue
05-19-2011, 01:25 PM
I hear you on the mentally and emotionally thing, I was wishing for the same thing, hoping to be down and for some reason the scales at WW said I stayed the same, but when I moved it went down 1 pound so took it as that. Its like things are just hanging on to you and not wanting to go anywhere :( darn clingon pounds :(

Today I went to the gym and found that the power had gone out to part of the town so I skipped to Target and came home with chocolate which sadly I did eat and now feel sick...haven't had chocolate in weeks so I'm guessing that's whats made me feel yuck.

I wish weight loss was magical to, but alas not, so keep on doing what you do and we will get out of this soon :)

:hug: to all

geoblewis
05-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Today I was in the mood for whole wheat pancakes at lunchtime. So I made some. I ate six! And a fried egg. And lots of butter. And some chicken breast. No syrup.

That happens to me sometimes, when I've been avoiding carbs for some time. Now I feel sleepy. Only have 400 calories left for dinner! I'm thinking a massive spinach salad would be just the thing. And then, early to bed!

I think a lack of sleep affects my ability to process calories. I don't know this for a fact, but when I haven't had enough sleep for several nights, I don't feel so active during the day, and weight loss stalls. I also tend to overeat to compensate for the low energy.

I'm not thinking too clearly right now. Nap time!

CheekyChicky
05-19-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your puppy geoblewis. I wish the best to you and your family.

I think I will join you in your thread here. I'm at 298/299. My highest was 310. I hit that last summer.

I'm trying to exercise more. I've only been to the gym twice this week though. I'm getting over my embarrassment of clomping on the treadmill. I always feel guilty because I can't move very fast and I don't like pain. I have a personal training session next week. I'm sort of excited for that.

I hope everyone is having a good week (or that it gets better if you're not).

geoblewis
05-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Welcome Cheeky! Happy to have you here! And thank you for the condolences.

I started this thread, but I've not officially "arrived" in the 290s. I use visiting here as mental motivation.

I'm so close, again. I dropped down to 302 again today. But it's not going to be a good day. Whenever I have to spend time with my mother, it's not a good day. I think I hang on to my sunny disposition as a rebellion against her, because she is such a downer! She's wired that way! Today she's trying to drag me down to a depressed state, like we're depressed twins. Not doing it!

I love having personal attention from a trainer, Cheeky. I hope it goes well for you. Do you know what your fitness goals are? Mine are to help me defy the aging process. Don't care to run a marathon or to participate in grand feats of strength and endurance. Just want to keep hauling the laundry in from the garage and to go dancing later and not have to take an Advil for it. Oh, and I want to intimidate the ex. But I think I already do that with my mind...bwah-ha-ha!

Hyacinth
05-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Geo, I'm sorry to hear about your dog. How tragic. :(

I vacationed for a week and maintained the weight, so I'm happy. Still at 301.

OnMyWayDown
05-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Really sorry to hear about your puppy. I am a huge animal lover and don't know how I would deal with losing one right now.

I am getting closer and closer to getting out of the 300's. I have dieted many times over the years. A few times with great progress but I always gained it back and than some. This last time I blew up to 322.

I will be 30 in a year and half and I am NOT I repeat NOT going to start my 30's like this. My husband and I would like to have children about than so if I don't get on this weight loss thing than we might miss our opportunity.

I am doing the South Beach diet which I LOVE..... I must say it makes it fairly easy not to falter. I have been weighing in every day or so and for the last few days it would show 1/2 a lb a day which was driving me bonkers. ( I'm not sure why since at that rate I would be at my goal within a year. I think it might be because I am so big now it seems like forever till I get to somewhere I will be ok with) anyways jumped on the scale this morning and poof down 2lbs.

All the rest keep it up. We can do this. ONE POUND AT A TIME :carrot:

By the way thank you for posting this thread. It is really nice to see I am not the only one that is struggling with this.

CheekyChicky
05-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi all!
I have been away for the weekend, but I'm ready to keep up with my routine (though I don't have much of one).

geoblewis, don't let your mom get to you! I know that can be hard, because they always seem to know JUST what to say to depress you.

As far as my fitness goals-- like KeysFoodie, I want to lose weight in preparation for the time when I want to start a family. Next, my family has a history of diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol etc. Luckily, I've never had any indication of these ailments. The only thing off has been my weight, so I want to take care of that in an effort to continue staving off any ailments that I may be prone to genetically. I want to keep my health. Lastly, I just want to feel good about myself. I grew up believing that I wasn't allowed to feel good because of my weight. I'm sick of that crap. I want to really live.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

geoblewis
05-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Had a stretch of a few bad days, weight went up to 307.5, but yesterday I got back on the plan and today I'm back down to 304. I feel like my head is screwed back on straight again. I had a really good night's sleep last night. Makes all the difference in the world!

Cheeky and Keys, I think you have excellent, real goals and motivation. The healthier you are, the healthier those babies will be. And the more energy you'll have to keep up with them!

Hyacinth, I'm happy to hear of your maintenance on vacation. I've got some summer travel coming up and I'm a bit worried about it all. Or at least part of it. For four days I'll be with a group of wine-drinking power shoppers. We're renting a house in West Hollywood (splitting the cost was cheaper than staying at a hotel!) and there will be lots of reminscing and wine drinking. The good part is that we'll be walking all over the place to go shopping (they're shopping, I'm just walking and providing comic relief). We'll be eating out a lot, so I'm making plans to stick to the coffee at breakfast, and do salads and lean proteins for lunch and dinner. The rest of that week will be spent with my girlfriend in Redondo Beach. Lots of time walking to the beach. And she never eats! And the following week, I'm going to a conference in San Francisco where I'll be sitting a lot. The conference is providing breakfast and lunch. I went last year and the food was okay...I'm more worried about eating something with soy and having it ruin my time there. They'll serve baked fish and salads and veggies, so I can dress them with lemon juice and be okay. It would be so cool if I lost weight! Sometimes that happens for me on vacation, when I'm walking a lot and don't have time to eat.

But I'm shooting for being in the 290s by the end of May!

OnMyWayDown
05-24-2011, 05:48 PM
geoblewis- Good luck with the travel. On my honeymoon two years ago we walked soooooo much that even though I hate a ton I still maintained. However if I had of showed some self control I would have lost some. Hopefully my mindset now is better =)

On a depressing note I have been losing and losing and this morning I got up and even though I didnt eat ANYTHING off plan yesterday I gained.... AGGGG Oh well still stayed on plan today and haven't missed a day of the treadmill yet! Maybe tomorrow will show better results.

CheekyChicky
05-25-2011, 01:13 PM
geoblewis-You can make those 290s by the end of May! I find that sometimes a chance to relax on vacation will actually help me drop a couple of pounds. Have fun traveling. I'm sure you've got a handle on everything.

Keys- I hate when that happens. I know that everyone says "well maybe you're building muscle," but it could be the case.

So, I went to my first training session yesterday and we actually talked a lot about diet and planned for me to workout 3x per week with alternating cardio/weights and then I can do additional cardio the other two days. We set a calorie limit. I HATE calorie counting, but I know that it's one of the best ways to lose weight.

Today was my first group fitness workout.... OUUUUCH. My thighs are on fire. I just keep telling myself that it's a good pain. I made it through the whole workout without stopping or giving up, so I know that I can do it. No excuses now!

geoblewis
05-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Cheeky, you reminded me of my first few weeks in Pilates class a year ago. I only went twice a week, and it was the most basic beginner class. Just learning how to breathe right was intimidating! I recall getting half way through my first class and wondering why I wanted to cry so badly. I kept comparing myself with everyone else. And they were all so tiny and could already do everything. I felt so out of place and so self-conscious.

I'm so glad I muscled through. I'm still amazed I stuck with it for so long! I mean really! I have ADD and I get so bored with anything repetitive! But my trainer is so encouraging, and she totally taps into my need for recognition when I accomplish something. She points out to everyone when I'm achieving something they've been doing all along. And they all cheer! I can now do a lot of the advanced progressions of some of the moves. It's a real accomplishment for which I'm very proud.

Hang in there, Keys! I'm struggling too. Getting vertigo from the movement on the scale...up, down, up, down...makes no sense at all sometimes! Let's be like Dory..."swimmin', swimmin', just keep swimmin'..."

MrsTee
05-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Hey hey!!

Just dropped by to say I CANNOT WAIT to join you here!!!!!
Much as I love the ladies of the 300+ I am looking forward to being in this thread instead - and it's only a matter of time until they all head over here...

I am 11 lbs away from here - so don't let the thread die - please wait for me......

MRS T

geoblewis
05-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Mrs. T, I so look forward to having you join us here. I'm not actually here in an official capacity. But I just like to come here and chat with those who have succeeded and try on what it feels like being here. Cheeky's earned her spot here, and there are a few of us just on the cusp of arriving.

I weighed in at 304 lbs for the second day in a row. So darn close! I too am so ready to be here, and I look forward to all our friends arriving from the other thread.

I promise to leave the light on for you! :hug:

geoblewis
05-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Feeling hungry SUCKS to high heaven!

I don't know how anorexic people do it. I know it's a control thing, but really, could I just have a piece of that for the next 100 lbs? Or even for just the next 20? I know I have enough "stored energy" on my body to feed my metabolism for quite some time. Just took my vitamins and supplements. Drinking plenty of water. I'm determined. Today is the day I bust calories down to 1300!

I'm keeping busy with housework today, but have assigned kitchen duty to my sons. Must stay out of there till 5! I moved my rowing machine to the backyard. I want to row outside in the fresh air. Going to do some planks this evening too. Want to shed more of my middle right now to fit into some new pants. Just need to lose an inch of belly. Oddly, in the last two weeks, I've lost .75" in my waist measurement but gained a pound.

Okay, that's enough for the e-solace. I have replaced compulsive eating with 3FC!

OnMyWayDown
05-30-2011, 06:41 PM
303.5 this morning and today I feel great. Don't disappear on me before I get the other few pounds off to join u

Liverpool Sue
05-30-2011, 07:33 PM
or me, its weigh in day tomorrow and i really feel bloated. Why is it you always want to eat the kitchen the day before weigh in??:dizzy::?::?:

geoblewis
06-01-2011, 02:23 AM
I have decided to put my scale away. It's just too depressing! I'm in the middle of perimenopause and my body is just so...tidal! I'm just going to stick to counting calories and carbs, and I won't weigh myself until I can button and zip all my new size 24 pants. Hopefully by the 11th.

Here's to a new month!

Liverpool Sue
06-01-2011, 02:10 PM
I lost 6 oz...cant believe they actually put that down, so now near 300 than ever...still bummed its taking so long. Im wondering about ditching the scales till nearer my "buy clothes" day.

BUT Im back on my cardio/workout routines so fingers crossed :dizzy:

geoblewis
06-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Okay, so I said I would put the scale away...but I just had to weigh myself one more time this morning! 302 lbs. :dizzy:

Now I'll put it away. Maybe what I'll obsess over is my waist measurement, because that's what's keeping me from getting into my size 24 pants. Today I measured my waist at 49.25" and the largest girth of my belly just 4" below that measures at 56.125". That's where my zippers are getting stuck. The Kenneth Cole sizing for size 24 says the waist is 48", so I need to drop 1.25". I wonder if there's anything specific that can be done about that, beyond what I'm already doing.

I found the following link focusing on losing an inch off the waist: http://ezinearticles.com/?Lose-1-Inch-From-Your-Waist-in-8-Days&id=1077708

I'm going to try it. If nothing else, it's something I can do while I'm working on the computer. I will post my results here.

Sue, 6 oz is still in the right direction. We continue to slog away, one little baby step at a time.

OnMyWayDown
06-03-2011, 10:58 AM
I made it! Finally. 297 This morning!!!!!! I COULD SING

geoblewis
06-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Keys! I'm so happy for you! And insanely jealous!

I started a thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/234691-what-feelin-great-looks-like-too.html) about posting pictures of oneself when we're feeling really good about ourselves. Would you do me a big favor and take a picture of yourself today and post it on there? I need to see you happy!

MrsTee
06-04-2011, 04:11 AM
Oh well done Keys - a graduate in our class of 290! Good work - I will be there soon (ish)......

Hyacinth
06-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Keys, way to go!!!!

I went the other direction for a few weeks. I had a houseguest for a week, then threw a party, and ended up with tons and tons of leftovers. Then, I got sick with a bad cold for a week. End result is my weight crept up to 307. :(

Keys is a graduate of this group, and I am remedial! LOL. I resolve to be back on some sort of normal track this week.

geoblewis
06-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Today...hate the scale, love the tape measure! Waist measurement has decreased a little more. Hoping to shed an inch this week. Not sure if my desire is rooted in reality, but I don't want to bring the size 26 pants on my vacation!

I'm not a girly-girl, but last night, I plugged in my flat iron and spent time straightening my hair. I also applied lotion on my arms and moisturizer on my face. Very uncharacteristic behavior of me.

I'm having a hard time keeping my brain from going on vacation before my body and responsibilities can go. I'm working on getting the house in order this week, paying bills, etc. I like to come home to a clean house and clean life when I get back from vacation. Otherwise, I immediately get into a bad mood on my return and it feels like I never left!

MrsTee
06-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Georgia - me too!!!!!
I clean and tidy like mad before holidays, cannot abide coming home to a disorganised house. I have to walk in and feel happy to be home...

It's good to feel good about yourself - and do the girly stuff....
I don't normally do that stuff either, but have been taking a little more care of the way I look since I started this latest weight loss battle.....I'l also gettign to be " a woman of a certain age" and will end up looking like an old hag if I don't...

Am getting closer to being a genuine member of the class of 290. According to the scales I have about 6 lbs to go...Will send up a flare when I make it!!!!

Mrs T

geoblewis
06-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Mrs. T, I plan to be the wild-eyed Diva when I get old...wearing brightly-colored kaftans and garish red lipstick. I intend to embarrass my sons greatly! It should be easy, since I put so little effort into it now and they're in a constant state of embarrasment when I'm with them!

Today was (finally) the start of Shark Week (what I call TOM). Me and my menopausal hormones...it's been nearly two months of threats in the form of intermittent bloating and edginess. Fortunately, this time there's no weight gain to report (holding at 303), and I'm handling the cravings pretty well. However, I'm exhausted and worthless around the house. Still so much to do before we leave for vacation.

I missed Pilates this morning, but I went last night and got in some upper body weight lifting before class. I increased my workout to five sets of 10, and then wasn't able to get all my plank work done in class because my arms were trashed. Today I am feeling quite sore across my traps, biceps, triceps, forearms and hands. It feels good, like a sense of accomplishment.

MrsTee
06-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Georgia - you and I need to make a final push over the top!! I have about 3 lbs to go until I can legitimately claim a spot here.....c'mon girl we're so close now...
Keep up the Pilates, and together with a few less calories we'll be there the blink of an eye. The hormones will settle too...

PS - Agreed, I can embarass my boys by just hoving into view....

geoblewis
06-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Yes T!!! :cheer3:Cheering each other on over the big hurdle!:cheer3: We're going to do this!

Some of this...:lifter: + lots of this...:tread: and a bit more of this...:kickbutt:

And not so much this...:cheese: or this...:jeno:.

My eldest is trying to sabotage me! He says he's not sure about having a thin mom. He's offering me some of my favorite sweets today. I am about to scold him!

OnMyWayDown
06-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Well I knew it was coming but it still drives me bananas! I made it to 297 the day that my husbands best friend arrived for a crazy weekend getaway to Key West. (Only Like an hour away from here) I knew that I would be off plan for the 4 day weekend even if I didnt touch a bite of food which I soooo did I would be drinking my weight in alcohol to keep up with these two. Well no big surprise I came back to 311 on Tuesday morning and cant remember being so tired. My husband and I took a small repreive Tuesday and went back full boar yesterday. I'm back to 305.5 this morning and feel like by the end of the week I will be rid of this god for saken water weight. LOL Well at least it tought me one thing. On plan feels so much better than off plan. I suppose since I knew it was coming and planned my goal for it I am not as disapointed but still want to be back in the 2 digit category as soon as possible.

lostbutstilltrying
06-09-2011, 03:27 PM
oh, I am so looking forward to this thread, I still have 13 lbs to go though, so see you soon

MrsTee
06-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Hey ladies
We have a few genuine members now :

Liverpool Sue
Not the Cheat Nancy
Cheeky Chicky
Well done to you !!!!! Is a great milestone to chalk up, and I'm keen to join you, just a couple of weeks off good choices to go. Have people noticed your weight loss yet?

Soon, we'll have to think about a 280 thread.....

MrsTee
06-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Oh and KEYS too - fabulous you - 297!!!!

OnMyWayDown
06-10-2011, 11:16 AM
I am sooooo close again 300.5 this morning. Tomorrow I will be back there for good this time!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippie.... SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED

NotTheCheat
06-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Hi all! I guess it is indeed time for me to join you over here. Thanks for the invite, MrsTee!

I am trying to decide what I want to do with my weekend and balancing getting in some good exercise time with other things I need and want to do. Partly that will depend on the weather, which is looking iffy for outside stuff. I was thinking a long walk by the water, but that might not work out.

geoblewis
06-10-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm going to be out for two weeks, on my lovely holiday from sons and Mother. Leaving in a few hours.

YiiiiiIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

I won't be online, I won't have my scale with me, I won't be able to track calories in or out very well. I won't be tied to a schedule, I won't be stressed, and I'm going to be hanging out with people who love to exercise a lot and eat very little. Oh, and they drink way more than I do. So I'm hoping in that mix I'll have lots of support in not overeating, keeping active and having a lot of fun that doesn't involve food.

And when I get back, I hope to be here officially!

Take care!

Lovely
06-11-2011, 08:09 AM
I've been keeping an eye on this thread closely ;) Inching closer and closer to being able to "officially" join you guys.

Keep at it! :D Makes me excited to see people making it here.

OnMyWayDown
06-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Well I am finally officially a member of the 290's club again.... This time there is no crazy weekend getaways in my way. 297.5 this morning.:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot:

Hungry4Health
06-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Ya know they need a cute name for folks who achieve getting into the 200's. Like Twinpeaks or something. There are plenty of people out here that make it there after a long hard struggle. Why no special name recognition to put in the "win" column?

So off the cuff:
Twinpeaks
Stwopendous!
Doubling Down

Maybe 3FC would consider it!

Lovely
06-12-2011, 03:28 AM
A long time ago there was a poll taken for that kind of thing. I dunno that it really stuck, but I've heard people call it all manner of things...

Twonderland
Two Town
Breaking the Double Bubble

So many =)

MrsTee
06-12-2011, 11:41 PM
I like two town!! On the express train to TWO TOWN - all aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!

OnMyWayDown
06-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Well it seems that now that I am here I have been pushing my way to 280's club. Hope to be there by Sunday morning. I was sooooo excited to get here and now I am soooo ready to be outta here. Seems like motivation is always higher when you are making progress.

MrsTee
06-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Yep, I suppose its a prgression.. This time in six months we'll be saying " oh I am sooooo tired of being in the 240 club....

OnMyWayDown
06-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Well damn I just had to post that last night didn't I! LOL Have been a little backed up the last couple of days in the lower regions and thought that it would pass. This morning still same problem and up 1lb!
Ok so I am not dumb enough to think that this is the end of the world and I know it will even out but geez did it dampen my spirits.

Lovely
06-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Yep, I suppose its a prgression.. This time in six months we'll be saying " oh I am sooooo tired of being in the 240 club....

Oh boy do I like that thought... a lot.... :lol:

MrsTee
06-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Yep me too - I typed that and thought WOW!!! But you know what? It is acheivable, if we all stick together and stick to our programmes!!!
I am 1 kilo away from this club now, maybe this time next week I'll be a genuine member here...

OnMyWayDown
06-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Is anyone else feeling stuck here? I have been totally On Plan and excercising religilously and I am going NOWHERE! AGGG... Someone on the SBD forum recomended I am not eating enough! EEEKS. Scary idea to eat more when I am not losing at all. I guess I just feel at this weight it should be coming off a little quicker. But alas I wouldn't be this weight if I was a diet expert.

Sorry about the rant. Just a little discouraged

Liverpool Sue
06-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Hi there

Happy Holidays to everyone going on one in the next few weeks, ( me included in there :D)

A shout out to everyone whose lost too :congrat: and guess what, ME TOO!!

I subscribe to this thread but for some reason I didn't have any notifications :mad: is why I haven't been around.

OK had a few M & Ms to celebrate now they are back in the cupboard.

OMWD: I know how it is to be stuck...was for months n months then all of a sudden oops there it went :D getting stuck in a food rut sucks and I have to go back to the drawing board and start all over again with something else. That can help.

Now school is out its difficult to get exercise in but Im getting there. Just miss my RPM/spin blast, but will get back there.

Have a good weekend everyone:)

OnMyWayDown
06-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Well it seems that the 290's are here for another week for me..... Oh well there is always next week right... LOL
So the question of the morning is has anyone changed sizes yet? I seem to be in the middle transition. My current 26's are falling off my backside. ( OK I MUST ADMIT I LOVE EVERY SECOND OF IT) and I tried on the 24's day before yesterday and they fit:carrot: BUT I have that awful muffin top peaking over the top. Can't decide which one is worse the muffin top or pulling my pants up all day. LOL
ANY IDEAS:dizzy:

SeeImTryin
06-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Hey, I just found this thread. I'm in the 290's the high-end 297 and trying to work my way out of it. My plan hasn't changed at all this week but boy, has my weight been all over the place.

Liverpool Sue
06-18-2011, 09:56 AM
well I'm in the same boat with 24's, but I haven't tried them on for a few weeks...ok I'm gonna try this afternoon, or maybe this morning as we are going to chik fil a for lunch LOL I have to fly in these puppies soon so I better choose carefully :o

I hate pullin pants up, but then I hate sitting in tight jeans. See which feels more comfy :)

Glad you can join us See :D

OnMyWayDown
06-18-2011, 11:10 AM
I could smack myself ten times for even buying the 26's.... The 24's were getting tight and instead of losing a couple of lbs I bought the 26's for vacation last year. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!
I am throwing these out immediately after I switch.
OK so maybe I will keep one pair to remember how crazy big they are.
Congrats on almost being out of 24's!

geoblewis
06-18-2011, 02:19 PM
This morning I'm trying on my size 24s to see which one fits me best. I too bought a pair of 26s a few weeks ago, wore them three times and now they're so baggy! But I'm just barely sliding in to the 24s. I think the one pair, with a little spandex in them, will be nice for tonight...

...FOR I AM FINALLY CELEBRATING MY 50 LB LOSS AT A U2 CONCERT!!!! I'm too excited to eat! Who knew...wild anticipation of a long-awaited event makes me lose my appetite.

I'm still on vacation. Have not been eating much, but have gotten more of my "nourishment" from evening libations. I can't tell if I'm perpetually hung over or I'm just too old to be living like this. Probably the latter, since I can't seem to drink more than a glass or two of something in the evenings. What's probably more of a factor in how I'm feeling is staying up later than usual and not getting enough sleep.

So, I'm saving most of my calories for the pre-concert early dinner. I want to go to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. They serve a lovely little petit filet mignon and have good veggies for sides, like sauteed spinach and broccoli. Won't need alcohol or dessert. Or coffee. Again, I'm 50. Had to base my ticket purchase on bathroom access! How rock n roll is that? Not at all!

I will be home by Wednesday morning. Hope to officially be below 300 by then. Keeping busy on vacation helps me stay on track.

MrsTee
06-18-2011, 11:48 PM
Great to see everyone on this thread getting into new pants!
I am the same, 26s are loose, 24s are TIGHT! Hopefullt by the time we are all in the 280 thread this will be no longer an issue. I agree - going to ditch every stitch of clothing I do not feel good about myself in as soon as I can....
Fingers crossed I will be an offical member next WI day, am getting very close...

geoblewis
06-20-2011, 12:08 AM
I'm anxious to get back on track after vacation. I'll be home on Tuesday night, so my weigh-in will be Wednesday morning. I've not been overeating, but there have been extra "liquid" calories, not enough vegetables and water, and not as much exercise as I had planned. Tomorrow I drive from L.A. to S.F., so I don't need to be eating much. Tuesday, after I pick up my son from the airport, we can have lunch on the way home. But that's all I want to eat! I want to see that I've remained the same or lost a little weight.

I want to come up with a re-entry plan. I'll blog about that tomorrow night while I'm at the hotel.

I didn't realize I was going to miss you all! But I do!

MrsTee
06-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Hey Georgia! Glad you are back online!
Fingers crossed for your WI day. Can be hard to judge when you are out of routine, might surprise you with a loss!
I had a sneak peak today and it's looking good joining here for real!
But... sometimes you can get all excited and then come the day that counts, the scaly monster is unkind...so Thursday will see whether I am a genuine member or a pretender.

OnMyWayDown
06-20-2011, 08:38 AM
Mrs. Tee- I second that thought. I too hope that we are out of the 26's by the 280's thread. We better be because i already promised my 26's to someone in the 300's thread. LOL Good luck on the WI I know you can get here.

geoblewis- Its crazy how we actually want to get on track now. LOL
First couple of weeks on diet I was dying to get off track now I hate getting off track.

SeeImTrying- Trust me I understand not changing much but being all over the place. I have fluctuated between 297- 294 for like 10 days and for some reason even though I have been fabulously good my body is not letting go but I promise we will get there we just have to give it patience. ( I think I may be talking to myself there. )

Liverpoolsue- Won't it be great to fly a size smaller though.

As a side note to all I have been thinking about this for a little bit and I finally put it into action.
I decided that maybe I could start something good for everyone. I went to the 300's thread and donated my size 26's to whoever sent me their address first. It will cost me about 10-15 dollars to put them into a USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Box but you know what at least someone will get some use out of them and not have to buy a size smaller for only a short time. Maybe if more people start this than when we need a new size someone will donate them to us. What does everyone think?

MrsTee
06-20-2011, 07:37 PM
I think it a great idea OMWD.
I have some nice new 24 clothes, some that I don't fit into yet, ( bought in a fit of hope) and hopefully some will get by-passed on my way down.
For example: its winter here, I have a size 24 dress that I've never worn but hopefully by summer it will be too big!!!!
2 days before WI - and I am very excited !! SOOOO hope to be here offically on Thursday morning.

geoblewis
06-20-2011, 09:10 PM
I bought a light jacket for a business conference I was supposed to attend next week. It's a size 24 and it's just fitting nicely. But the conference was cancelled and I don't believe I'll be going to anything that requires a jacket like that for a long time. I'm kinda frustrated with clothes at the moment. That jacket is going to be too big (I hope) by the time I'll need it again. Fortunatly, it's unlined and easily altered, but not all my clothes are like that. I guess we'll all be awkward in our clothes for awhile.

I am on my last night of my holiday. I totally blew the diet this evening! Just plain old overate. I really wanted something I don't normally have, steak and mashed potatoes. And I wanted to eat alone in my hotel room while watching TV. All the old behaviors! I ate a 12 oz steak and all the mashed potatoes served, plus the steamed veggies (they were perfectly cooked) and all the bread and butter (enough for at least two people). I never used to have a problem with eating this much, plus dessert, but I am feeling very uncomfortable right now. Going to bed early tonight! So happy I skipped on ordering dessert and wine!

Tomorrow night I'll be home, and I'll be back on track! Woohoo! Hurray for being that sort of crazy, right OMWD!? Maybe since tomorrow is a day of collecting my son from the airport and driving home, I'll just make it one of my water fast days. And I can take some time in the morning for a nice long walk.

I've missed my bed!!!!!

OnMyWayDown
06-21-2011, 08:41 AM
So my mother in law is here and I went for pizza and a movie with them last night. Was pretty good and didn't stuff myself which I am proud of but for some reason I think my scale must be messing with me because this morning I am 3lbs down. Ok so it could be that TOM has gone away or maybe it was just a fluke. I refuse to post 292 until it says it again tomorrow morning. LOL. If it does I finally broke my plateau and that would be awesome but I refuse to believe it till than.:dizzy:.

Hope everyone else has a great day.......

SeeImTryin
06-21-2011, 10:40 AM
I love the idea of donating your clothes. I have been giving mine to someone here who is struggling with her weight as well. I have actually been going to the salvation army to buy pants as I'm losing. I'm a homemaker so it doesn't have to be anything fancy (usually just jeans). I hope not to be in any one size more than 2-3 months so I don't want to spend a lot of money.

After a crazy week last week of eating on plan and walking everyday I ended with a 1.5lb gain on Sunday. Today I am down 3lbs. I weigh everyday and log it on a spreadsheet this allows me to see how my body works over the long haul.

Keep up the good work ladies - the results will happen!

OnMyWayDown
06-21-2011, 10:52 AM
I weigh every day too and sometimes I want to throw my scale out the window for how much sense it doesn't makes!!!!!!!

MrsTee
06-21-2011, 10:00 PM
AAARHHH!!! OWMD - I am the same, scales say I am into the 290s but I refuse to accept that until offical WI day - tomorrow - in case its a cruel scale monster joke....
I'm sure there is a little gremlin living in there tossing up numbers just to watch me cry/whoop with joy....

OnMyWayDown
06-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Mrs. Tee- I swear you just made me entire day with the Gremlin comment.

:rofl:

Good luck with your official WI day I know you will be in the 290's and together we will make it to the 280's club!!!!!! :carrot:

MrsTee
06-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Drum roll please Ladies...........

WI this morning in pounds - 296 !!!!! Actual kilos 134.3.

Welcome to the 290s MEEEEEE!!!!!!

OnMyWayDown
06-22-2011, 08:27 PM
:welcome3:

So glad your WI went well!!!!!!
:carrot::carrot:

MrsTee
06-22-2011, 08:34 PM
OMWD - thanks so much!

We are about the same weight, started at the same place but you are only28?
I sooo wish I had completed this journey when I was 28 not the 53 I am now - so, go girl! Let's get this done together !!!!

OnMyWayDown
06-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Darn! Ok so I decided maybe me scale is messing with me because I have never changed the batteries! ( I know feeble attempt at pathetic ) well apparently the scale is just screwing with me. I haven't budged since the 11th. Well let me rephrase, down 2 up 2 down, up, down, up, up, down. Agggg....

I swear it's driving me bonkers!

I don't want to be impatient but I just don't get it.... At my age, weight shouldn't I be dropping faster? I have basically been OP the whole time and I haven't missed a day of working out......

Hope everyone had a good day

OnMyWayDown
06-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Ok so this isn't really diet related but I found it amusing and thought we could all use a laugh......

5 deadly terms used by a woman

1. FINE--this is the word women use to end an argument when they KNOW they are right and you need to shut up

2. NOTHING-- means SOMETHING and you need to be worried

3. GO AHEAD--this is a dare, not permission. DO NOT DO IT

4. WHATEVER--is a woman's way of saying F*() YOU

5. THAT'S OK--she is thinking long and hard on HOW and WHEN you will pay for your mistake

:rofl:

reptogirl
06-24-2011, 07:13 PM
im not in this club yet, but was nosy and wanted to say hi, to all those that have left my thread lately!!!!! lol...good job girls!

OnMyWayDown
06-25-2011, 10:58 AM
291.5 This morning! Scale is finally going somewhere......:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

MrsTee
06-26-2011, 01:23 AM
OMWD - you'll have to go to the 280 thread shortly, this is beginning to feel like a race!!!! You are leaping ahead - but watch out, we'll be right behind you, no slip ups now, or I'll be over you before you know it...

OnMyWayDown
06-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Mrs.Tee- no slip ups is fine by me! Glad u are coming to the 280's with me. I haven't seen anyone post in the 280's since i started and there are only like 3 of us that actively post here.

I had to go to this BBQ at our condo. Could not get out of it. I was asked to make dessert and macaroni salad. Neither of which can I have on the south beach diet so,,,,,, I also brought a veggie platter and instead of eating all the other stuff that looked so good I ate lots of veggies and a hamburger no bun!

Gosh I was so proud. I know that you have to continue living life and can't hide at home all the time when you are dieting but this really seemed like a win to me.

Hopefully next week we will all be in the 280's!!!!

I know we can do this

OnMyWayDown
06-27-2011, 05:55 PM
How did we end up on page 2 again?????????????
I am starting to feel like this is a blog.....lol

TODAY I LITERALLY HAD TO DRAG MYSELF ON THE TREADMILL!!!!!

Usually when I am having a good day which I have been the last two it is the first thing I do. Hop on get started. Today I just didn't have the motivation....Still did it, and still pushed myself so that I wouldn't spend the next 48 hours obsessing that I didn't do it but would be lying if I said it didn't take me 10 min to put on each shoe.

:woops:

Lovely
06-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Poking my nose in to say "I'm keeping my eye on this thread!" I'm less than four pounds away from joining. So the next two or three weeks are gonna be exciting!

MrsTee
06-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Good good good!! HI Lovely!!! We need members!!!!
Gotta get all the gang out of the 300 club!
WI day is Thursday for me, I'll be here another couple of weeks I'd think, but yes , am keen to get that 280s thread bumped to the top !!

Agreed, what a great win, to go to a BBQ and eat what you feel comfortable eating - we all need to go out - but also need to feel we are in control of our choices!

OnMyWayDown
06-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Well ladies I have been 289.5 the last two days so I am off to the 280's thread I suppose. However I haven't seen it active since I joined. Come on ladies lets make it active together. :)

MrsTee
06-30-2011, 01:12 AM
Oh good grief we are going to be a very small thread!!!!! GOOD FOR YOU OMWD AND MOVE ALONG....see you soon in the 280s

Lovely
06-30-2011, 01:15 AM
*pokes her head in again*

If both the 280's & 290's threads are slow, maybe we should combine them both to stay together longer! Just a thought!

geoblewis
06-30-2011, 01:27 AM
I'm just here briefly to quietly announce that I've officially arrived in this thread. I don't want to wake up my scale or the Craving Beast that resides in my brain, so let's be very, very quiet about it...

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Lovely
06-30-2011, 01:39 AM
I'm just here briefly to quietly announce that I've officially arrived in this thread. I don't want to wake up my scale or the Craving Beast that resides in my brain, so let's be very, very quiet about it...

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :yay: :celebrate: :woo:

Don't worry, this is one party that the neighbors won't call the cops about ;)

OnMyWayDown
06-30-2011, 08:54 AM
I personally think combining the threads is a fabulous idea!

geoblewis-:welcome3:

I am so excited for you! I found the 300 mark to be a HUGE victory for me!!!!!

loveley- :dust: You are so close. I can't wait till you join us.

MrsTee- I think I am gonna stay here for the support till the 270's. U?

So its Thursday one of my days off.... Oh wait I am writing this from work????? Yes I love my job. (Pause to convey sarcasm) It's been a crazy week or actually month for that matter but I am still trucking along.....

Not sure if I am the only one but I have found that going off plan kinda freaks me out. I am what they refer to as a "scale whore". Oddly I don't think I weighed myself twice a year before, but now I am obsessed! I weigh in every morning and have to admit that the number on the scale really can effect my whole day. I find that when I am participating in something that might set me off plan all I can think of is what is the scale going to read tomorrow???? I suppose this is a good thing but I am really really looking forward to when each and every pound isn't something to scrutinize. I know that this is a lifestyle change but I think that it will be nice when I can go Off Plan (4th of July for example) and not be freaked out about the 2lbs that I might gain....

Well 289 this morning :carrot: I suppose I better get some work done! Hope everyone has a good day! :dancer:

SeeImTryin
06-30-2011, 09:44 AM
Hello ladies - wow it looks like everyone is working hard and making progress. Congratulations to those who have made a new goal. I had a good weight loss week 5.8 lbs after a disappointing 1.5 lb gain the week before so I guess it proves if you just stick with it and don't give up it will happen.

OnMyWayDown
06-30-2011, 09:50 AM
SeeImTryin-:carrot::broc::cb:
WAY TO GO!

MrsTee
06-30-2011, 07:35 PM
OMWD - I am soooo the same. Didn't not even own a scale for the past 5 years, but when I am loosng weight watch the morning number like a hawk watching a mouse.
Think a combined 280 /290 thread is a great idea!!!!
Well i went out for dinner last night, and made good choices all night, and although the scaly monster was not pleased this morning, I am happy I did well. Choose good options all night.

Georgia - our secret - we won't tell a soul until we kick under 290!!!!

geoblewis
06-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the sneaky welcome! I'm so happy to be here! I'm happy to have weighed 299 for two days in a row. But I think that starting now, I will concentrate more on calorie and carb counting and really stick to the idea of weighing myself only once a week. I too have been that "scale whore". (I love that term! I am also a "slut for handbags" and other stuff.) But I have all my size 24 pants that fit a little snugly and I look forward to melting out from under them, and I've been taking my measurements since I've been doing more weight training. I'm tracking that now and it feels more like a measure of my efforts. The number on the scale...I was starting to take that as a personal affront!

I think a combined thread is a great idea. Has anyone discussed it with the 280s chicks? And you know I'll be posting on it daily, because I never have a lack of things to say!

Dang! @SeeImTrying! That was quite a loss! Color me green with envy! :D

OnMyWayDown
06-30-2011, 09:29 PM
MrsTee- :dancer: Doesn't it feel fabulous to have the power over food to make good choices! I find however that since I eat such a low calorie selection at home with very little fats and oils that sometimes even with the best of choices when I am out that evil scale monster isn't pleased. Imagine how mad he would have been if you hadn't made those choices....

Geoblewis- :dancer: I love the fact that I can fit into my 24's now! Granted they have that awful muffin top still but progress is coming steadily.
Since the 280's thread is well umm me.... I would say they are fine with it. LOL. I have't done measurements yet. I suppose I just go by what my clothes stay and the evil scale is simply to let me know how certain foods or pattern effect me.

Well today I had my own little non scale victory like MrsTee! I know it may sound silly but my husband and I have had a horribly grueling week and somehow I got talked into picking up my boss's 7 year old from camp this afternoon and later to find out that he is staying the night.... Well I was able to resist the temptation of pouring a glass of wine or two and ordering pizza to cope with it.... Ok so as you are reading this you are probably thinking awe how cute a 7 year old. Well that's not my thought! We do want kids one day but I'm a huge fan of peace and quite and trust me there is non of that with this kid!

So glad we are actually turning into a thread again. It's really nice to have somewhere to vent and feel like I am not the only going through this..... :hug:

geoblewis
07-01-2011, 01:30 AM
OMWD, if the only muffin top in my life is the one that I'm currently wearing because I've squeezed my backside into those 24s, I'll take it!

I have had a sucky day! I mean it sucked to high heaven! Oooooof! My mother is her own worst enemy, and mine. I don't know why I didn't become an alcoholic while growing up. Probably because I was addicted to food instead. The only good thing that came out of the day is that it has come to an end!

And...I didn't overeat! I was sorely tested, emotionally, and I did not succomb to fast food or vats of cheese when I got home. I didn't stuff myself at all. I stayed within my caloric budget. That is a victory for me! Woohoo! And now I get to go to bed!

I loves me a good NSV!!! They're so meaningful!

MrsTee
07-01-2011, 01:46 AM
Confession here -
I miss the "glass of wine and a pizza" to cope with a big day! Friday evening especially. Winter here, Friday night footy on the telly, pizza, nice bottle of Pinot Grigio and the knowledge that I have a whole weekend to look forward to.........lovely!!!!
Once I have made a bigger dent in my weight loss target i will look forward to having that back ( in moderation of course)!!!

At the moment I am petrified as to what the scaly monster might think of pizza and wine if he doesn't like poached salmon and fruit salad!!!

OnMyWayDown
07-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Geoblewis- I am truly sorry that your mom is testing your limits. My mother has done that every day since my father passed away when I was 12. The only advice I can give you is that the more you achieve for yourself and do things that make you feel powerful the less her insanity will matter to you. Yes she will probably continue the same way she is now but you will be more in tune with what makes you happy. That's my scenario anyways.....
:dancer: Amazing job not turning to food. My mother can drive me to drink and binge without even really trying.

MrsTee- I positively love the pizza and wine and would be lying if I said that I don't think about it almost daily. Ok so let's be honest almost hourly. :rofl:
However as you have agreed with me that scaly monster is a real stern mistress.

So girls what are your plans for the holiday? Oh gee MrsTee I am kinda jealous. You don't have independence day on Monday over in Australia. Leave it to Americans to have a holiday that centers on eating and everything is covered in fat and sauces....lol

I am still trying to figure out how I am going to handle this..... I can't decide if I want to stick to plan or deviate a little and deal with the stern mistress on Tuesday.

Made a really, really yummy dinner tonight that was totally OP. It tasted decadent though. It's called pesto chicken. It was just chicken breasts with basil pesto baked and than broiled a bit of reduced fat mozzarella on top.

Well hope that your day was better today geoblewis and MrsTee I promise we will get our wine someday soon.

I think that is what makes me think that this time is different. Hat this time I can do it. I find myself weighing (no pun intended) my options on food a lot more seriously than before. I don't cheat on Sunday just cuz I can and haven't let to many things act as excuses why I can't diet.

The year is halfway over and ladies I know we can make some serious progress with whats left in 2011!

MrsTee
07-01-2011, 10:08 PM
This is the roast turkey holiday right? Oh no- that is Thanksgiving?
So what does one cook for Independance Day? What is tradtitional? We have Australia Day on 26th January - full of Aussie BBQ's and summer foods.

Loosing weight I am the like the nursery rhyme the "girl with the curl" - when I am good I am very very good, but when I am bad I am horrid.

At the moment I am very very good, but when I loose momentum I struggle every single minute, hour, day.
So the trick for me is to stretch this good patch out over the 6 month mark - which is about as long as I normally last, which isn't long enough to get to goal....I Have lost 30 kilos or so several times but not gotten to a weight where I can say OK this will do!!
I hope to this time, get to a weight where I can then challene myself to maintain it. In my 50s now, so have far more health imperatives this time to be successful.

lostbutstilltrying
07-02-2011, 12:04 AM
I'm just peeking in as I still have about 5 more lbs to go, but you got me talking about my favorite subject: food!

what we cook for independence is probably a lot like what you have on Australia Day (it sounds like) Here in St. Louis Missouri (in the mid-west)- we BBQ - chicken, beef, pork, burgers/hotdogs/kebabs/brats - anything you can put on a grill - and then there is coleslaw, potato salad, pasta salad, corn on the cob, seasonal fruits and veggies (often in a salad as well) and then usually some bright colored red white and blue dessert (like a jello triffle or a cake with colorful icing) tomorrow I am taking the kids to a huge parade, then we are gonna watch an airshow and listen to an outdoor concert before a huge firework display (at the fair there are probably gonna be funnel cakes, ice cream, snow cones and fried everything on a stick) it should be fun and HOT!

OnMyWayDown
07-02-2011, 09:06 AM
MrsTee- Lostbutstilltrying hit the nail on the head with the Independnece Day food. As I am doing the SBD I am not allowed Sugars or Bad Carbs as they say so it is a huge struggle to stay OP. The scaly monster was not happy this morning and shot me up 1/2 a lb to where I started the week at. Not sure what pissed him off as I have been OP all darn week! Oh well he is a tempermental little fella. I too am like that. I find I am really an ALL or NOTHING girl. I guess that is what is making me go with ALL for now because NOTHIN got me here.

Lostbutstiltryin- I too find food being my favorite topic. I am trying to however change the way that I idolize food into something semi healthy. I miss going to a nice restaurant with my husband and trying new things but that will have to wait till I get to a more sustainable weight.

NON SCALE VICTORY THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!! My size 24's are fitting more like Jeans than Spandex today!!!!!
:carrot::broc::cb:

I am sooo irritated that I lost 0 LBS this week but for some reason I must be redistributing since my jeans are fitting better.

GEOBLEWIS- Everything ok? Haven't heard from you since Thursday. :hug:

SeeImTryin
07-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Food is also one of my favorite subjects. We're grilling turkey burgers and turkey bratz this year. We'll see how it goes.

Looks like we all hover around the same size too. glad to see some having success getting into the 24's. Keep up the good work ladies.

geoblewis
07-02-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm here! I'm just feeling a litte hung-over (teehee). I blew off some steam with some new friends yesterday. One of them had a pool and she hosts "La Sirena Gorda" parties for her girlfriends (The Fat Mermaids) and I was invited to attend. Middle-aged, peri- and post-menopausal mermaids. They were so fun! The drinks were just a bit too sweet, but after the first one, that didn't seem to matter any more! Kept the eating to a minimum, I think. I sort of recall lots of cheese and crackers and sliced pepperoni. Hmmm, maybe I did do a bit of indulgent eating. I splashed in the pool a bit. Today, I am sporting a bit of a sunburn and a royal headache! Thank God these parties only happen once a month during the summers.

Despite my added alcoholic calories yesterday, I still came in at 299 today. This is strange for me, to weigh exactly the same for four days in a row. I decided that today is going to have a lot of water drinking going on, very lean proteins and lots of veggies. And no carbs or salt! I will eat clean and then will indulge with beer, grilled burgers, dogs and corn, plus cherry pie and ice cream (within reason) on the 4th. I have a lot of work to do in the yard this weekend. That's going to be my exercise.

I bought new patio furniture so my son and I are about to assemble them. I think I'm going to stay away from my computer a bit more this weekend. I am feeling the need to get things done, and when I'm on this thing, my work happens (I'm a web designer) but the house falls apart. Time to put some effort in the house. I think my garage needs to lose weight. Or get a bigger garage. There's too much stuff in there!

geoblewis
07-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Okay, I was going to stay off the computer, but it's getting hot outside and I am going to wait till the morning to finish working in the backyard.

I created the new combined thread for 290s and 280s (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/237102-moving-out-290s-280s.html#post3917893). PARTY!!!

OnMyWayDown
07-02-2011, 06:39 PM
NOT AN UPLIFTING POST! OK MORE OF A RANT!

So this morning as I mentioned I find out that I have lost 0 lbs after the last 5 days being totally OP and before that I was sooo close to OP it was crazy. Well even though it does me NO good at all I am having a:tantrum: I know that this is a holiday weekend and I was really motivated to try and make good decisions this weekend but than BAM the scale monster attacks. I have spent the better part of the day being bummed out about the fact that maintenance is FOREVER away and I feel like my diet has taken over my life. I am a lot like MrsTee. I am not good at in between. I am usually ALL or NOTHING! I have been working out every single day and have not missed a day in over 3 weeks! At the moment I am debating whether or not going to dinner with my husband and seeing a movie will help things along for the next week or if I will just feel worse tomorrow..... Go figure FOOD was my biggest problem before and Poof here it is again as a problem but in the other direction. YES I DO REALIZE THAT I AM WHINING....Its just eating at me. I know people say you are supposed to stall out and get stuck for a couple weeks but really I am almost 300LBS and I am working my *** off shouldn't it come off a little bit easier????

OK well I can't say that I feel much better but at least I didn't go eat something horrible to make me feel better.

geoblewis
07-03-2011, 03:03 AM
:hug: OMWD :hug:

Thank you for sharing your rant. I know it's so hard to really work so hard and not be rewarded in the way that's meaningful to you. Stupid scales! I hate them so! They seem to have so much power over us, for being such inanimate objects!

So, you know you're going to get up in the morning and you're going to keep making your good choices, because that's where you've been victorious. That's how you know you're winning. And eventually I'm going to have to stalk you over in the 270s thread!

alyssarof2012
11-14-2011, 09:42 AM
I've never been in the 300s but I'm pretty close. Not trying to touch 300... I weigh 289.6 lbs. My highest weight was 293. I'll be in this thread for at least a week, until I am sure and confident that I am not touching the 290s anymore.

Good luck everyone! I hope you are all doing well.

geoblewis
11-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Hey Alyssa, we've created a thread for everyone weighing 299 to 200 lbs, so no one's been in this group here since July. We all wanted to keep hanging out together, even if some lost weight faster than others.

Join us here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/244945-working-onederland-299s-200s-part-2-a.html)!

alyssarof2012
11-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Thank you for letting me know! lol I would've been lonely here.