Old 07-02-2011, 12:04 AM   #121  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

I'm just peeking in as I still have about 5 more lbs to go, but you got me talking about my favorite subject: food!

what we cook for independence is probably a lot like what you have on Australia Day (it sounds like) Here in St. Louis Missouri (in the mid-west)- we BBQ - chicken, beef, pork, burgers/hotdogs/kebabs/brats - anything you can put on a grill - and then there is coleslaw, potato salad, pasta salad, corn on the cob, seasonal fruits and veggies (often in a salad as well) and then usually some bright colored red white and blue dessert (like a jello triffle or a cake with colorful icing) tomorrow I am taking the kids to a huge parade, then we are gonna watch an airshow and listen to an outdoor concert before a huge firework display (at the fair there are probably gonna be funnel cakes, ice cream, snow cones and fried everything on a stick) it should be fun and HOT!

Last edited by lostbutstilltrying; 07-02-2011 at 12:17 AM.
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

MrsTee- Lostbutstilltrying hit the nail on the head with the Independnece Day food. As I am doing the SBD I am not allowed Sugars or Bad Carbs as they say so it is a huge struggle to stay OP. The scaly monster was not happy this morning and shot me up 1/2 a lb to where I started the week at. Not sure what pissed him off as I have been OP all darn week! Oh well he is a tempermental little fella. I too am like that. I find I am really an ALL or NOTHING girl. I guess that is what is making me go with ALL for now because NOTHIN got me here.

Lostbutstiltryin- I too find food being my favorite topic. I am trying to however change the way that I idolize food into something semi healthy. I miss going to a nice restaurant with my husband and trying new things but that will have to wait till I get to a more sustainable weight.

NON SCALE VICTORY THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!! My size 24's are fitting more like Jeans than Spandex today!!!!!

I am sooo irritated that I lost 0 LBS this week but for some reason I must be redistributing since my jeans are fitting better.

GEOBLEWIS- Everything ok? Haven't heard from you since Thursday.

Last edited by OnMyWayDown; 07-02-2011 at 09:07 AM.
OnMyWayDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #123  
Debbie

S/C/G: 317/see ticker/185

Height: 5 10

Food is also one of my favorite subjects. We're grilling turkey burgers and turkey bratz this year. We'll see how it goes.

Looks like we all hover around the same size too. glad to see some having success getting into the 24's. Keep up the good work ladies.
SeeImTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #124  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I'm here! I'm just feeling a litte hung-over (teehee). I blew off some steam with some new friends yesterday. One of them had a pool and she hosts "La Sirena Gorda" parties for her girlfriends (The Fat Mermaids) and I was invited to attend. Middle-aged, peri- and post-menopausal mermaids. They were so fun! The drinks were just a bit too sweet, but after the first one, that didn't seem to matter any more! Kept the eating to a minimum, I think. I sort of recall lots of cheese and crackers and sliced pepperoni. Hmmm, maybe I did do a bit of indulgent eating. I splashed in the pool a bit. Today, I am sporting a bit of a sunburn and a royal headache! Thank God these parties only happen once a month during the summers.

Despite my added alcoholic calories yesterday, I still came in at 299 today. This is strange for me, to weigh exactly the same for four days in a row. I decided that today is going to have a lot of water drinking going on, very lean proteins and lots of veggies. And no carbs or salt! I will eat clean and then will indulge with beer, grilled burgers, dogs and corn, plus cherry pie and ice cream (within reason) on the 4th. I have a lot of work to do in the yard this weekend. That's going to be my exercise.

I bought new patio furniture so my son and I are about to assemble them. I think I'm going to stay away from my computer a bit more this weekend. I am feeling the need to get things done, and when I'm on this thing, my work happens (I'm a web designer) but the house falls apart. Time to put some effort in the house. I think my garage needs to lose weight. Or get a bigger garage. There's too much stuff in there!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:56 PM   #125  
Renaissance Woman

Okay, I was going to stay off the computer, but it's getting hot outside and I am going to wait till the morning to finish working in the backyard.

I created the new combined thread for 290s and 280s. PARTY!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

NOT AN UPLIFTING POST! OK MORE OF A RANT!

So this morning as I mentioned I find out that I have lost 0 lbs after the last 5 days being totally OP and before that I was sooo close to OP it was crazy. Well even though it does me NO good at all I am having a I know that this is a holiday weekend and I was really motivated to try and make good decisions this weekend but than BAM the scale monster attacks. I have spent the better part of the day being bummed out about the fact that maintenance is FOREVER away and I feel like my diet has taken over my life. I am a lot like MrsTee. I am not good at in between. I am usually ALL or NOTHING! I have been working out every single day and have not missed a day in over 3 weeks! At the moment I am debating whether or not going to dinner with my husband and seeing a movie will help things along for the next week or if I will just feel worse tomorrow..... Go figure FOOD was my biggest problem before and Poof here it is again as a problem but in the other direction. YES I DO REALIZE THAT I AM WHINING....Its just eating at me. I know people say you are supposed to stall out and get stuck for a couple weeks but really I am almost 300LBS and I am working my *** off shouldn't it come off a little bit easier????

OK well I can't say that I feel much better but at least I didn't go eat something horrible to make me feel better.
OnMyWayDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:03 AM   #127  
Renaissance Woman

OMWD

Thank you for sharing your rant. I know it's so hard to really work so hard and not be rewarded in the way that's meaningful to you. Stupid scales! I hate them so! They seem to have so much power over us, for being such inanimate objects!

So, you know you're going to get up in the morning and you're going to keep making your good choices, because that's where you've been victorious. That's how you know you're winning. And eventually I'm going to have to stalk you over in the 270s thread!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I've never been in the 300s but I'm pretty close. Not trying to touch 300... I weigh 289.6 lbs. My highest weight was 293. I'll be in this thread for at least a week, until I am sure and confident that I am not touching the 290s anymore.

Good luck everyone! I hope you are all doing well.
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #129  
Renaissance Woman

Hey Alyssa, we've created a thread for everyone weighing 299 to 200 lbs, so no one's been in this group here since July. We all wanted to keep hanging out together, even if some lost weight faster than others.

Join us here!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Thank you for letting me know! lol I would've been lonely here.
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote