Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 08:25 PM   #1  

Default 50 or more - Dec 23

If you have 50 or so pounds to lose, or are losing, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome.
Old 12-22-2002, 08:36 PM   #2  

Hi girls! Long time no "see"!

I know it's NOT technically Monday yetand a little early for the new thread, but I thought I would celebrate a little early.

I have a very shaky conncection - finally! My s-i-l came over and fiddled with my modem and got it going again. I could be lost anytime now so if I drift off in mid-sentence - forgive me!

I am thrilled to be here again and want to welcome Tonja and Kelly! It is wonderful to have a couple new smiling faces in this group. Sounds like you girls are doing so well with your weight loss! I congratulate you! Hang in there.

I think of all of you so often - even tho I couldn't post lately! Before I get started and before I lose my connection, let me wish you all Merry Christmas!!!!

Jan - I know that you and dh are on your way to Florida to pick up your Dad. I am so thankful that your b-i-l is OK now. How scary this whole thing has been - and so sudden! Are you guys planning to stay in Florida through Christmas?

Joyce - My prayers are with your sweet sister still. I know this Christmas is a special one for you and your family. I saw all the rain you guys had last week - what a mess!

Linda - Glad the remodeling is done. Wish you could come here and do some for me! While decorating for the holdays, it occured to me that my walls sure could use a new coat of paint and the bathrooms could use sprucing up! At least the tree and Christmas decorations disguise it some - but next year I guess I better get busy.

Janet - You mentioned one of your cats had just died. Was that the one with one eye? I remember how upset you were when that happened - it was just after our 3FC visit with Jan. Glad you hear you are doing well. Is your dd home for the holidays?

Carol - Thank you for being concerned. I really do feel good - no lingering effects from the surgery at all. It's just that my computer has been sick!! I am thrilled to hear that you like the new job - you deserve it! Hope you are feeling better soon.

I am not going to push my luck and will close for now. Merry Christmas everyone - and love to you all.

Last edited by texaslady; 12-22-2002 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-24-2002, 12:57 PM   #3  
Inchworm

So good to 'see' you texaslady and glad to know that you are well and 'only' have a sick puter.
I hope you get to stay in touch with us in the New Year.

I've already been to Wal-Mart this morning for those essential stocking stuffers that I procrastinated about...got some fun stuff, they should be pleased
Just a little sprucing up and preparing for tomorrow...going to early service tonight, the Family service. During the pageant, I will 'present' an ornament that I made . I chose to make Noah's Ark and rainbow out of ceramic clay.

I saw this Chrismas Blessing on an e-mail today and want to pass it on to all of you dear Chick friends:

God grant you the light of Christmas, which is Faith; the warmth of Christmas, which is Love; the radiance of Christmas, which is purity; the righteousness of Christmas, which is justice; the belief of Christmas, which is Truth; the all of Christmas, which is Christ.
Old 12-25-2002, 11:58 AM   #4  

Hi everyone, and Merry Christmas! Dh, Dad and I are here in Florida celebrating with my sister and dbil, who is recovering very nicely from his surgery. (Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!) We'll leave for Texas tomorrow.

Gotta run ... we're all ready for the tree thing! Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday with family and friends ...

Luv,
Jan
Old 12-25-2002, 09:55 PM   #5  
Inchworm

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Yes, Jan, it was a fun day. Totally Christmas!
A smaller group than past years, but all was good.

A gift to tell you about. My 10 yr old dgd asked what I wanted for Xmas, and I gave her a standard answer of "Peace on Earth".
Later she had indicated that she had found just what I asked for, so I could not imagine what she had come up with. I opened the bag to find 2 rubber stamps. One said in large letters "Peace" and the smaller one was a picture of our earth!
If only it were that easy! But I will treasure these little stamps.

My dear sis called this morning to wish us a Happy day. She sounded strong and good, but in talking with other sis and Mother, she is, as I suspected, getting very weak. I plan to see here again in 2 weeks.

The Xmas mess awaits, I've hoped the elves would return to clean it up, but Alas! tis up to me. (not that others have not done there part!)
Old 12-27-2002, 02:48 PM   #6  

Hi everyone! A belated Mery Christmas to all!
Christmas here with the little ones was fun- this was the first year my dgs really understood the Santa-toy thing, and he was so excited Xmas Eve he couldn't stand it. He had turned 3 on 12/20- hard to believe! Little dgd of course didn't have a clue what was going on, but she knew it was fun and she got lots os toys. She's 9 months. DD cooked Xmas dinner, which I loved- no work for me. Dgs learned a singing grace at preschool (it's a church affiliated school), so we started a new tradition of singing instead of saying grace, lead by my little sweetie #1.
I took yesterday and today off- no reason, although at the time there were some "maybe" social things that might have gone on but didn't. It's nice just to have some time off and not have to do anything if I don't want to.
What does anyone have planned for New Year's Eve? No plans here- my goal is usually to try to stay awake to see in the New Year, since my birthday is that day, but the older I get, the harder it is to stay awake that late! Maybe I ought to start just setting the alarm clock for midnight that night!
Texaslady, it was good to hear from you, and I'm so glad all is well with your health.
My computer's been acting up a bit, so I think I'd better cut this post short before I lose it. Hi to Janet, Joyce, Linda, Kelly, Tonya, Lilithu- gosh, I know I'm forgetting someone, so hi to anyone I left out too.
Happy New Year, all!
Carol
Old 12-27-2002, 03:43 PM   #7  
Inchworm

Hi Carol! Good to hear from you. Sounds like you had a delightful Christmastime.
We won't do anything but hang out at home on New yrs Eve, we always go to some friends of German heritage for Saurkraut on New Yrs Day. Their son married a southern girl so now we also have black eyed peas and greens. cover all the bases for a prosperous 2003!
I'm expecting the repairman to come anytime to fix the dishwasher which has been out of commission for the holidays. dgd was shocked to find that she had to wash by hand!! We took turns, and used a lot of disposable products! Will be nice to have it functioning again!
My knees are hurting today, which means I have added some weight for them to carry around.
A few of the girls in Bunco group have started going to Curves. Do any of you know about that program? I think it is just exercise.
but they are losing weight and inches.
My s-i-ls were talking about it Christmas, one goes when she is at home in ID, says she feels really good after a 20 minute work out.

ttyl
Old 12-28-2002, 10:34 AM   #8  

Hi everybody! We're finally back from our quick trip to Florida; four days on the road, one day there, whew! But we wanted to let ds and dbil get back to a normal, quiet household asap, so he could rest and recover.

JOYce, that is so sweet about your dgd's gift; how thoughtful of her! I know you'll treasure those stamps forever. And re: a little gain, don't worry, I'm sure you will have that off in no time. Are you still going with Linda and your other friend Linda to ww mtgs? We've missed the last two, but are going back soon.

Carol, sounds like you had a lovely Christmas too, especially with the little ones being so excited. Hard to believe your little sweetie is already that old! Seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child is such a special experience.

Texaslady, so glad that your modem is back up! Great to hear from you. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! We waved to you from I-10 as we went down the Katy Freeway!

Re: New Years plans, we'll probably just stay at home too, and try to stay awake to welcome it in. I'm trying to find a day to have a dinner party for some friends of ours, but other than that and some dr appts for Dad, not much going on this coming week. It's good to be back home, and I'm hoping to tackle some organizing projects during our time off.

Hi to Linda, Tonya, Lilithu, Kelly, and Janet! (We waved to you, too, Janet, as we drove through Mississippi!)

Won't it be great, this New Year's Day, to reflect back on the ways we have all improved our health over the past several years? I plan to focus on the positive, and renew my commitment to reach my personal goal, as I am still hovering around my WW goal after a year and a half.

Everyone have a great weekend!
Regards,
Jan
Old 12-28-2002, 12:57 PM   #9  
BirdBrain

Happy Holidays you guys. I had a half pound loss --but then I probably drank entirely too much wine. I was hoping for more because I was really psyched out for the holiday.

I'm right at the next set of points down, so I'll have to revamp my menu.

We're swamped at the moment but hopefully it will slow down.

Kelly
Old 12-28-2002, 08:31 PM   #10  

Hi Kelly! Way to go on the half pound loss, at this time of year especially! I think that is quite a victory. And here you are going down a notch in the points range, too; great! Hope things will slow down for you soon.

Dh and I went to see Lord of the Rings today; it was okay, but I still lose track of which army is which, etc. I enjoyed the books a lot more, back in high school days. Anyone else seen any good movies lately?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Jan
Closed Thread