Old 12-17-2007, 11:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Post Core Chat: Dec. 17- Dec. 23

Here's some new pages...a few posts today on last week's date.

Hope you're all well. I lost another pound!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:00 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Congratulations Rhonda! Aren't we silly gooses.....we can't even remember to start a new page even though you reminded us before you left.

I think I'm getting a new modem tomorrow. Still nothing done and Christmas is a week from tomorrow.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:14 AM   #3  

Yeah, but what a loveable flock of silly gooses! And, Vickie, just wait a week and it will be over and there will be nothing to do!!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:22 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

Nothing to do! Wouldn't that be wonderful? And we're retired! You'd think we'd be "loaded" with nothing to do.

Rhonda, I didn't even realize we hadn't started the new thread till you made this one. What a hoot.

Vickie, I'm not as busy as you, but I am busy. Where does the time go?

I saw Rachel Ray make some "Core" sausage yesterday. I made it today and it's good! I think I'll use lean beef burger next time. I don't think Curtis had an easy time with the coloration of turkey burger.

1 lb turkey burger
1 fist of poultry seasoning
1 fist of grill seasoning
1 fist of fennel seeds
Now here's where Rachel and I differed.
She used some maple syrup to make maple flavored sausage while I used crushed red pepper to make spicy sausage.

Shape the mixture into 4 or 5 patties.

Spray a hot skillet with non fat spray then add some evoo. "Fry" the sausage patties till done through and through.

We had ours on 2 pt hamburger buns with a slice of onion and mustard. The bun was 2 pts. The rest--Core.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:20 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

And you didn't invite us over? Jim and I would have loved that. Although, I'd skip the fennel, add garlic, and definitely go with the crushed red pepper. Ohhhhh....and maybe some lovely italian blend mozarella/romano/parmesan veggie shred blend. Yummmmo!

The telephone company declared my line clear. I have to call them to tell them the speed is still slower than dial up. We bought a new surge protector for the computer which I'm going to hook up now. I'll try to be back later.

Oh yeah.....my eating stunk today at lunch. I did, however, weigh in today and I lost .6. I've just been trying to eat a bit less and not eat so late after dinner. It seems to be helping a bit.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:04 PM   #6  

Hey ladies! I thought I'd poke my nose in here and see if anyone I recognized was still here. Lo and behold, I see some of the old regulars!

I have had a hard last 1/2 a year, with dh losing his job etc etc. I have used the ensuing stress as an excuse to let my eating go, and because of that, surprise, surprise, I am up at least 10-15 pounds off my WW goal. I am feeling pretty disgusted with myself right now, but once I decided to stop the madness, I knew right where to come for loving support.

I need to find ways to deal with stress without eating, and find a way to feed myself and my family healthily, but on a low budget. I know I have some challenges, but I feel confident that I can at least do better than I was.

Vickie, I'm so happy to see you here especially. I'm glad you haven't given up...and I loved the Christmas card with the adorable Scotties! You guys are the best!

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:08 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone
Just thought I would check in for a few.
WELCOME BACK AGHIOWA
VICKIE Hope you get your computer problems worked out soon. How is hubby doing. Hope he is getting along ok. Congrats on the loss. That is great.
ONTARGET the sausage sounds good. Will have to try it.
TEJAS How are you doing. Did you have a good trip.
Well I did lose the 2.2 lbs that I gained last week. Guess there was problems with the scales last week. Seemed everyone was gaining. So they changed the scales. And they were working better for everyone.
Guess tomorrow will have to run some errends.
And then the rest of the week try and get everything else done. Still have to decorate some. Wrap packages. Clean the house. Stuff like that.
Am thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:21 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

back, Angela!!!! What a great surprise to see you here. You're right. This is the best place to come for support.

Vickie, your version of sausage sounds good. Curtis just told me he doesn't want me to ever make any more. He didn't like it at all. He's normally not picky. Guess it was his turn.

Speaking of Curtis--he lost over 3 lbs this week. I gained almost 2. I am my highest weight since over a year and a half ago. So? My eating fiasco is over. Our leader gave each of us a "jingle bell" to use as an anchor during the holidays. I'm going to put mine on some curling ribbon and make me a necklace. I'm going to jingle myself back into shape.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:44 PM   #9  

Welcome back Angela...and good luck Sandra....you'll make it!!

I'm really, really tired tonight, so I'm just saying "hi." I had a great trip, a late night, and a full day today....nitey nite!!

Rhonda
Old 12-19-2007, 07:50 AM   #10  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello ladies I am back. Life has been crazy for me. My father has lung cancer and I have been dealing with that. He finally has a very competent doctor and is in good hands so now I have time to come back.
Congratulations to everyone who lost and good luck this week to anyone struggling. Don't beat yourselves up. Remember we are all human and face struggles and we are trying to learn to deal with them in a way that is best for each of us.
I do hope everyone is doing well. I sure like the little book I got at my meeting, it makes me excited, even though not much has changed. I am learning to eat on Core and so I have some ups and downs.
I am supposed to get weighed tonight but have a Christmas concert to go to.
Maybe I can go to a meeting Thursday or Friday.
Have a wonderful day everyone. I have missed you all.
Take Care
Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:23 AM   #11  
Young and Pretty NYC Girl

Height: 5'6"

Hello Ann! It's funny that your post is the first I read in this thread, because I'm having a very difficult time this week. I haven't been eating well at all this week and last night... I had a binge. That's a very very VERY difficult thing for me to admit here, because I've read through other posts here about binge eating and people are all like "how can I stop this???" and I think to myself JUST STOP. But I realize now that it's not that easy. At least it wasn't for me yesterday. It was like I was outside of myself, like I had no control over what I was doing; something or someone else just took over and moved the ME that would NOT have eaten those things to the passenger's seat and took the wheel.

I woke up sad and SOOOO disappointed in myself, but determined to not let this stretch out into the rest of the week OR turn myself into some kind of person with an eating disorder, restricting my food and/or exercising like crazy to counteract what I ate. I'm just trying to tell myself "today is a new day", move on and return to Core and all the good things I had been doing prior to this week. Please keep me in your thoughts, I know that you guys can relate to what I'm going through. I just hope I can move on from this... I'm so close to my goal, I don't want to be derailed.

The month in general has been pretty stressful... I'll just be happy when this week is over.

And Ann I'm sorry to hear about your father. I hope he makes it through okay...

A good day to all! Happy Thoughts!

Last edited by CammieCam; 12-19-2007 at 10:25 AM.
CammieCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:38 AM   #12  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Cammie, you are so close to your goal. Give yourself credit for how well you have done.....yeah you. You have done awesome.
I find if I plan out my eating it works better for me than if I have no planned eating. When I leave things to chance it becomes a disaster for me.

Good luck, I will keep you in my thoughts. I am sending you positive power dust so you make positive choices for the majority of your day....Go Cammie.

Everyone else have a great day too.
Take Care
Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #13  

Ann,
Thanks for reminding me about planning. I, too, make much better food choices if I plan it out in advance.

My friend came to visit today and brought me a box of clementines! Yay - what a nice Core present.

I plan on having one or two of those for a snack today.

Time to fold laundry,
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:24 PM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh YAY! Welcome back, Angela. I was hoping my card would remind you of us. You'll be ok if you just get back on program and don't ignore the warning bells going off with your gain.

I can't stay now. I just came to read and catch up for two minutes. I need to plan my cookies and make a shopping list for later. Then I've got to work on my budget and paperwork. Then wrap. Drumroll please. I think I'm going to bake on Saturday and Sunday which will minimize the amount of time the stuff is in the house and my will power is weak.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:44 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Sandra, BTW, I don't have a street address for you anymore now that you've moved.