Old 01-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #1  
closed

S/C/G: 227.5/217.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Default JANUARY Induction Thread....

Hi Chicks! I am gonna try to get going and maintain, one of those monthly specific threads. This will be for those of us on Atkins Induction. My hope is that by having this specific thread for those of us starting out (or those using long term induction) we will all stay on plan, each and every day.

So: here I am, this is day 2 for me. So far, so good, but that is typical for me. I can usually do ANY plan for about a week....then I see good results, and start to get a little overconfident and let my eating slide, "just a little bit"....

Well we all know where that can lead. So my hope is make SURE I come here EVERY day for the support of all the great "chicks" here.

Have a wonderful ON PLAN day!

~ flamanette ~
Flamanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:15 PM   #2  
Multi-tasking is fun

S/C/G: 200/188/150

Height: 5'9

Hi there flamanette,

I'm Day 8. I'm feeling great -- all my meals and shopping list planned for the week. But I'll admit publicly that I'm not 100% induction. I just had some walnuts/dried cranberries for my afternoon slump..... That 1tbsp of cranberries is keeping me sane!

What does your meal plan look like? How are the cravings going?

Best,
B.
BrainBabiesBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #3  
closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainBabiesBe View Post
Hi there flamanette,

I'm Day 8. I'm feeling great -- all my meals and shopping list planned for the week. But I'll admit publicly that I'm not 100% induction. I just had some walnuts/dried cranberries for my afternoon slump..... That 1tbsp of cranberries is keeping me sane!

What does your meal plan look like? How are the cravings going?

Best,
B.
Hi there! My meal plan looks pretty basic: meats, fish, eggs, veggies, some cheese. I like simple, simple, simple. I am also a lazy cook: I don't like things that are complicated.

So far today: 3 scrambled eggs; 3 pork sausage links; coffee with cream. I have no idea the exact nutritional counts on the coffee (Dunkin) or the sausage (job cafeteria). I do know that I ate that at 9 a.m., and I am only just now feeling hungry again! Got some chicken and some spinach in the fridge here at work. Gonna go cook that up.

I know I need to track carefully, so I will improve in that area!

Nice to meet you!

~ flamanette ~
Old 01-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #4  
Multi-tasking is fun

Nice to meet you too.

I'm TERRIBLE at tracking actual counts -- though I do look -- but I'm good at writing down everything. So, for now, that's my compromise. I guess I'll just need to wait and see how it goes for the weight loss rate. At this point, I'd be thrilled to break my current plateau.

My plan for tonight will be steak with greens and avocado. I'm really craving hollandaise sauce (???) but, like you, I'm a simple/lazy chef!

B.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 308.8/294.8/???

Height: 5'3"

Hey, guys. I'm excited to see this thread here. I'm currently calorie counting, but I'm planning to begin Induction as soon I as finish reading the book and get to the grocery store.

I've entered into a weight loss contest that begins next Tuesday. I don't really want to start before then, because I'll get my big water loss the week before it starts. (It is a contest, after all.) But, I may just start early anyway because it seems like I'm just making excuses not to. Oh well...

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Elvish Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #6  
Multi-tasking is fun

Hi EM,

Welcome. Contest sounds fun -- nothing like a bit of extra motivation! If you are reading the new Atkins, the menus make for easy induction and shopping.

Best,
B.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #7  
Learning and burning

S/C/G: HW350ish/SW290/CWticker/GW165

Height: 5'8'

Hi all!
Thanks for starting this thread. I've been doing induction since January 3. I'm quite scale-phobic, so I can't say exactly how much I've lost. However, I weigh the same that I did in the beginning of October (right before I went on a vacation that began a 3 month free-for-all binge-athon.) Judging by my pants, I'd guess I've lost 12-15 pounds. Woohoo!

I can say that this program works. I lost close to 100 pounds several years ago by following an induction-ish diet. My transition into eating more carbs was a total failure, however, and I gained about half of it back over time. Sooooo, now its Atkins, take 2.

Today==coffee with cream and splenda(4), two hard boiled eggs (1.2), grilled chicken salad with blue cheese dressing(4), two ounce piece of pepper cheese (2), tuna salad (1), sausage scramble (3)==15.2 net carbs

Good to "meat" you all!
dini22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Height: 5'8"

Hey Peeps!!

I started Atkins Induction on Wednesday the 19th and do far it is going well... I am loving the food and all the new recipes I am trying so far. The Revolution Rolls are a lifesaver for me, I use them to make burgers and sandwiches etc... Tonight, I cooked a Spinach Lasagna that was to die for!

Jeff
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #9  
closed

Default Good Tuesday morning everyone!

Glad to see a little group forming here, yay! I am glad we all found each other and can encourage each other along our journey. I am in this for the long haul, and I already feel so much better! Yesterday afternoon on my commute home, I actually stayed awake (...no I am not driving; riding a bus for 45 minutes) and I sat there thinking: "omg, I feel like jumping up and down"....I have not had that kind of energy in a LONG time. Although my first "official" induction day was Sunday, I have slowly been easing off carbs since last Friday.

Yesterdays menu finished out with: meatballs with 2 slices of Swiss cheese melted on top (5.0); broccoli, ~2cups (8.0) and lots of water.

Wo, I just realized I must have gone way over the allowed carbs yesterday . Need to tighten up!

Today's work food: coffee with cream, hard boiled eggs, 2-3 depending; cold chicken breast and spinach; 2 slices of Swiss cheese; 1 can tuna if needed. Dinner will be baked fish and green beans.

BTW: I always used to buy the tuna packed in water; should I buy the kind packed in olive oil now? I won't be eating a lot red meat so I may need to be getting my fats elsewhere. What kind of tuna do you all get?

~ flamanette ~
Old 01-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 217.5/201/160

Height: 5'4"

I just finished my 3rd week of induction, and I find logging the NC's crucial. In doing so you see how much veggies you are really eating and what you need. The program calls for 12-15 NC's of veggies, and by not logging, I wasn't hitting that number. But with that said, it often times is hard for me to hit that number as I am just not as hungry as I once was.

Good luck to all!
amberbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:41 AM   #11  
closed

Default Good Wednesday Morning Induction Chicks!

I have to say first off this morning that I really, really love the name of this site! People may think I'm looney, but I just love it, it makes my smile every time I think about!

So with that off my chest, ugh, it's snowing here AGAIN. We've got about 2 inches in some areas, and this morning's snow is "the first wave" as it is supposed to start "seriously" snowing later this afternoon...

Stayed on plan yesterday with exception of not enough water for some reason. Still can't figure that one out since even NOT on a diet, I am a huge water drinker.

Today I am already ahead: I've got 32 ounces in already, woot

I am also wearing my nifty new "weight loss beads" necklace my daughter made for me last night: one pink bead so far, and she's got another color ready for when I lose 2 more lbs (I will add one bead for every pound lost). Stole that idea from somewhere on the archives here: a woman treated herself to a new thin bangle bracelet every 10 lbs she lost. I need it quicker, so as not to get discouraged so thus the beads: cheap!

Wishing everyone a happy, on plan Wednesday!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 217.5/201/160

Height: 5'4"

That is such a great idea and a great motivation as well. I am sure in no time the beads will be piling on as the weight drops off.

amberbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! I started induction 2 weeks ago...saw about 6lbs go and then the weekend hit! I am wanting to get back on tomorrow but I need to visit the grocery first! I saw someone likes things "simple" here. ME TOO!! Recipes need to be simple and my food choices too! I swear it is easier for me to plan the same breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for 1 week. I mean, the same meal everytime. Kinda weird, I know.

I am going on a cruise on March 26th and would LOVE to lose about 15lbs by then! I think it is VERY doable!

When I was in induction before, I had a hard time getting enough veggies because I am so picky. I think if I ate salad and a can of green beans a day that would be enough...am I right?

Well, good luck to all. I am glad someone started this thread!
evry1smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 186.0/186.0/140

Height: 5"6"

Hello all!
I have been doing the induction phase for about the last two weeks. Have dropped about 6 lbs total, but am seeing a yo-yo pattern. Drop a lb or two and gain, then drop, then gain. Must be doing something wrong, but feel better and as long as the scale is moving in the right direction for the most part I will stick with it.

I have been keeping track of all my diet/exercise, etc on fatsecret.com and it is so much easier to be careful that way. It even has an app for my phone which makes it a lot more doable. I am heading out of town this weekend so hoping that I can keep on track and not overdue it. My original goal was to be at 160.0 as of 2/1 but being that I have been fighting with the same few lbs and still sitting at 163.6 I am not counting on it.
Peaches5577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey Peaches! I think you can lose those lbs by then, or maybe get a little closer. We are at the same weight right now and almost the same height. What are you eating during the day? Are you strictly Atkins...or do you "treat" yourself during the day? I am finding it extremely hard to get out of these 160's...but with all honesty haven't tried as hard as I know I can!

Good luck to you!
evry1smom is offline   Reply With Quote