20-Somethings BL Corner - Team Red Lace Chat

View Full Version : Team Red Lace Chat

KimL1214
12-31-2010, 12:09 PM
Here is where you get to know your team mates! Just a reminder, chatting is not required to be part of the challenge, although it is strongly suggested!

Good luck everyone!!!

Here is your team…

Team Red Lace

amylou
audri8301
Brown
Gekster
gypsychic
HotChildInTheCity
IrishRose
jaimie1980
Jelbelle
JennWantsToLose
kaelah
Kalilung
KaylaChristine
Krizstyling
Laureedee
nicollem
Princess of the KING
rainbowstripe
ruby5839
skigirl84
toastedsmoke
tschaff04

tschaff04
12-31-2010, 05:41 PM
Yay! Go Red Lace!!! :)

KimL1214
12-31-2010, 06:46 PM
Hey ladies! Let's start off the challenge with some introductions!!!
As of right now, I will be in charge of all the statistics for this challenge. I will also lead team discussion for Team Pink Silk, and am looking for someone to head up discussions/daily questions for Team Red Lace. My only requirement for this is that you have participated actively in previous challenges. Please PM me if you are interested!

Most Recent NSV:
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge:
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal:
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome:
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself:

tschaff04
12-31-2010, 07:27 PM
Aww, I would have volunteered but I haven't been in other challenges. Oh well, I will be active in this one. :)

Most Recent NSV: I have no idea what NSV means. *blush*
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: To continuously lose weight. No gains.
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Continue doing WW and working out, successfully.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Easter!!!! I have two little ones who will surely get lots of sweet treats. My birthday and my husband's birthday are also in April. So April in general. YIKES!
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I don't know of anything else that matters to share. But feel free to ask any questions. :)

Princess of the KING
01-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Most Recent NSV: Feeling/seeing my collarbones!!! i find it so gross but so awesome at the same time
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: Not gain- be out of the 200's
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Work out 5 days a week and drink my water!
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Staying out of the fridge!
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: Nope :)

HotChildInTheCity
01-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Hey gals! Wow, we sure have a sassy team name :)

Most Recent NSV: Can somebody,please, tell what this means? :)
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 165lbs or lower
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: calorie counting, exercising, reaching 12 000 steps per day
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: in my country, Christmas is celebrated January 7th, but it's just one or two meals, my real challenge and most important New Year's resolution (and cause of my excess weight) is binging/emotional overeating, and I'm working on conquering it
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: This year is THE year for me, my winning season and I' hoping to get fit and stay fit, company makes it easier, so let's do this together! Go Red lace team!

Jelbelle
01-01-2011, 12:10 PM

Most Recent NSV:
ONEderland!

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge:
-10lbs

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal:
Well for one, get back on plan. And two, give it my all. 100%. Because I know when I actually try, I succeed.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome:
Absolutely none!

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself:
I'm really optimistic this year! I've lost 41ish lbs since Sept, and I refuse to stop here and accept it. The holidays are over, time to get back to work =)

Kalilung
01-01-2011, 12:34 PM
*NSV, i believe, means "non scale victory".

Most Recent NSV: Every morning i used to wake up and my feet would hurt just to put weight on them. That has stopped happening.
Weight Loss Goal for the Challenge: i have two, the healthy, doctor recommended and the notsomuch. 12 lbs/18 lbs
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Calorie counting and walking + trips to the gym or 30DS video.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I'm lucky, there are no birthdays or eating holidays for me in January. That said, I have to overcome my personal inner laziness. It's a towering giant of inertia.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: *points to sig* I actually started out losing weight in December '08, but gained back almost all of my progress in the two years i've been missing from here. I can't remember what made me stop trying the first time, but i suspect it was school and laziness. This time 'round, i finally graduated and i have a very good job. My life is much more routine-based than it has been in the past, and i find that tends to make losing weight easier.

skigirl84
01-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Most Recent NSV: went on a 5 mile back country ski trip and felt great and kept up with the group
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: reach 155 lbs
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: working with my trainer and eating better
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I just found out I didn't pass a huge exam for work so I will be spending the next 4 months studying a lot it will make getting to the gym tough so I will have to make some time.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm excited to achieve!!!

audri8301
01-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Most Recent NSV: Jogged a mile last month for the first time in my life (then I got bronchitis so I haven't been able to do it since)
Weight Loss Goal for the Challenge: 10 pounds
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Maintain a daily calorie deficit of about 700, limit grain servings
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I am extremely busy between work and finishing my Master's
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I can't wait to get back onto my work schedule on Monday because it makes staying on plan so much easier!

Miss Nika
01-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Most Recent NSV: Fitting into a pair of jeans.
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: -20 pounds. I know that's a lot, but since I'm a lot heavier, weight falls off when I actually stick to it.
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Spend time dedicated to me throughout the day - trying new things that I want to do and working toward bettering me in every way possible, including in health.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Convincing myself to get outside and do C25K rain or shine, eating less.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm super excited. I got my three new Biggest Loser DVDs ready to go.

Gekster
01-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Most Recent NSV: Counting my calories two days in a row
Weight Loss Goal for the Challenge: To be under 250.. so a little over 10 pounds.
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Counting carbs and calories, doing some kind of work out at least 3x a week
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Actually getting the calorie deficit I want because of lack in opportunity to work out.. I will have to really push myself to fit it in.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I took a "break" during this last semester because I started a program that was very stressful and I was having a hard time keeping track of everything, but I am back and ready to go. This semester will be stressful, but should be much more routine, which will make things easier to work around planning and counting.

jaimie1980
01-02-2011, 07:18 PM
First let me say, Kim, you rock! You must be super organized to take this all on and keep it so well put together! Thanks for your hard work and doing this all for us!

Most Recent NSV: Going from 36 Silvers to 33- got them this week and they are TOO BIG- could I really be a 32???
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 15 lbs (163-165 range) I know its agressive but I am starting WW tomorrow!
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: WW, food journaling, calorie counting, WORKING OUT
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Going to try to do the whole challenge drinking ONLY water until its over (YIKES)
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I am super excited to start this year out as overweight and not obese! And next year will be the year I start out normal weight!

rainbowstripe
01-03-2011, 01:53 AM
Most Recent NSV: I can't think at the moment...
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: Would like to be at 65kg / 143.3 pounds/
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Calorie counting and exercising, just keeping to my plan so far.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Getting back on track after just coming back from a week away from computer/internet - I tried to keep track of calories even though I knew I'd go over a few days, and I definitely did. I just want to get back into my routine now that I'm back in the city and see some more loss (I haven't weighed since my return yet)
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: Nothing I can think of! I'm feeling a little weird about having just come back from a week at the beach, the city and the technology that a holiday gives you escape from always feels odd after an absence.

KimL1214
01-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Monday Question~ Welcome to 2011!!! Have you made any New Years Resolutions? What are they? Any non-weight related resolutions?

tschaff04
01-03-2011, 11:13 AM
My two resolutions are

fast food ONLY once a month(eventually not at all) and only healthy options within my points range.

Go to the gym for one hour at least twice a week(hoping to get more like four times in but with two little ones we shall see.)

IrishRose
01-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Most Recent NSV: maintaining my sanity while working 60-70hrs a week
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge:17 lbs (just starting again, so I am expecting a big drop my first week back)
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal:Calorie counting
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I'm going to the Edwardian Ball in 3 weeks and I'd like to look more stunning than I did last year. Also over the holidays my boyfriend asked my dad's permission to marry me so the ring isn't too far off and I want to be a smoking hot fiancee!
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: Last year I worked hard and lost nearly 60 pounds. Then life happened, I moved, got promoted to an extremely stressful position with a horrendous commute attached to it and baisically stopped looking after myself. 35 pounds have reclaimed me and I am looking forward to getting back on track

IrishRose
01-03-2011, 12:23 PM
I've never been big on resolutions, but I set some this year.

First to go back on birth control (is that a weird resolution? Maybe, but I've been putting it off forever)

And second to finnish writing my novel.

skigirl84
01-03-2011, 12:28 PM
New Resolutions:
#1: To pass this exam I failed last fall for my job, it's coming up in April and I decided everything else will take a back seat and I will pass it! I will have to put in about 200 hours on top of working a full time job so its going to be tough.

#2: Get to and then maintain under 150lbs all year

#3: (Depends on if I pass the exam) Apply for an MBA program for the Fall of 2012. I have to take the GMATs so more studying and finding a school I want to go to.

Good luck to everyone on achieving your resolutions, hopefully this challenge will be a great jumpstart for some of them.

Jelbelle
01-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Yep, I made just a few XD

1. To make resolutions every month, and complete them.
2. Fat Smash.
3. Return to Tai Chi.
4. 4000″ minutes of exercise.
5. -1lb a week.
6. Update blog every day.
7. Use scar cream every day.
8. Drink 4-5 bottles a day.

Krizstyling
01-03-2011, 12:59 PM
This WILL BE the year I finally quit smoking. I have gotten my weight under control and will be continuing to work to goal and hopefully also quit smoking by September when I turn 30!

Krizstyling
01-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Most Recent NSV: FEELING bones! Seems weird but they'd been covered by fat for so long and finally I can feel them and see them shining through in pictures!
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 16-20lbs
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: We have an 8 week boot camp challenge coming up, so if I can drop 16-20lbs I will def win! And it will be a year free of boot camp! Working out always makes me more cognizant of what I eat throughout the day as well.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: My mother is here until Tuesday, I have to get through her leaving and me binging to heal my feelings. =( And then lose the 2lbs I gained while she was here!
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: Loving life!

JennWantsToLose
01-03-2011, 01:32 PM

Most Recent NSV: I Can Pull On An Old Pair of Size 7's. Just Can't Zip Yet.

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 15 Pounds

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Slim Fast Diet Shakes & Fruit & Vegetables

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I work by myself in the evening at a very small hotel. I basically watch tv all night, and check in the occasional customer. Eating due to boredom is a big challenge due to that.

Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm hoping to lose about 50 pounds overall. :)

jaimie1980
01-03-2011, 01:55 PM
KRIZ! That is my big resolution this year too! I turned 30 in October...and I plan on quitting as soon as I reach goal. I am hoping to be at goal by May 20, when we go home for my sister in law's graduation. And our 7th wedding anniversary is the 21st, so double the motivation! That means 39 lbs in 5.5 months. I really think I can do it. With the bridesmaid duty coming up as well, I have all the reasons in the world to kick this last 39! I have to lose 2 lbs a week to make it. KEEP ME MOTIVATED girl!!

IrishRose
01-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Kriz and Jaimie- I hope you guys do great with that resolution. As soon as I can mantain a healthy weight I'm going to add that to my list of resolutions. But I still have a ways to go and am not wanting to overload myself with too many changes at once, i feel like i'd be setting myself up for failure. But best of luck to you!

HotChildInTheCity
01-03-2011, 04:25 PM
I do have resolutions weight and non-weight related, but my number one priority is reaching my health, weight and fitness goals. Here are some of them:
1) banish overeating/binging for good
2) being able to do a split, chin up, 10 male push ups with perfect form, run 10k, than eventually run half marathon
3) make healthy eating and exercising a habit/ lifestyle
And really, just take my life to the next level overall, be a stronger person, achieve more (school wise), have better relationships with people. Live.
I had a bad couple of months, I actually had a pretty crapy 2 last years, but I'm really bursting of energy and desire to improve everything, so this is my Winning season :)

Krizstyling
01-04-2011, 01:25 AM
Jaimie - Let's do it. Our goals are so similar and you already know, three musketeers! We are in this to LOSE IT haha ...I will help keep you motivated!

I heard about that Allen Carr book, I will let you know how that goes when I start reading it, all my friends SWEAR by it and the reviews look GREAT.

Irish - I hear you. When I first started I didn't think I could do too many things at once either. I am on my way and truly believe I can give it a go foreal now. I think working out helps. I want to run a 5k or 10k by March sooo I gotta give it up...it makes me feel sick all during boot camp. I gotta stop!

KimL1214
01-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Hey ladies!

Here's a banner is anyone wants to put it in their sigs...

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/kiml121483/3FC%20Winter%20Challenge/RedLace.jpg

Just click the picture symbol and enter this link...

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/kiml121483/3FC%20Winter%20Challenge/RedLace.jpg

Tuesday... YAY!!!

Gekster
01-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Kim- Nice banner! Thanks for all the work you are doing!

You guys have some great resolutions! I kind of gave up on the New Years resolutions a few years ago and told myself if I want to do something then I need to do it here and now. Really I am just living in the moment and taking one step and a time to get back into the swing of things and then I start making more long term goals again. Right now my goal is to make it through P1D2 of SBD! Day 1 didn't go so well unfortunately, but I stayed within my calorie limit, so that is a plus. And I exercised! Huge NSV for me haha. Today will be SBD on plan though.

How are you guys doing with your plans?

jaimie1980
01-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Allen Carr book???? I am not sure what that is, but I am totally going to google it now! And yes, we can do that together too, Kriz! Wonder if Mary smokes....I am a 'closet' smoker, I don't do it in front of anyone unless they have known I smoke...I don't do it at work either. Infact, it took me 36 days to smoke a carton, which is only 5.5 a day. So I am hoping quitting won't be super hard on me.

rainbowstripe
01-05-2011, 12:31 AM
I didn't make any resolutions as such - I've never really made any I don't think. I just want to get back on track after the holidays - I maintained, which I'm really happy about, but I need to get back to losing. Just need to fight this down feeling I'm experiencing after the holidays/because of having to go back to work.

toastedsmoke
01-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Most Recent NSV: Fitting decently (without that much crazy muffin top) into size 12 misses jeans in several regular store last week!!! To put things in perspective I'd walked in wearing 18W jeans (albeit cinched with a belt to keep them on). I almost wept in the store because I'd tried the 1st pair on only to see how far away I was from a size 12 now.
Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 13 lbs. Really it was meant to be 9lbs but I'm pretty sure I gained like 4 lbs over new years (I did fine at Christmas but I was in the US for my friend's wedding over Christmas and it was not good- a boozy, foody mess, I was)
Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: I'm going to do the turbo jam program and I'm thinking of upping my runs from 2times a week to three times a week just for the duration of the challenge. The 2nd is still a maybe. Also I'm going to be super strict with food, no cake or unplanned eating for the duration of the challenge. Also posting on here / 3fc daily to keep myself in check.
Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: Getting back to a normal eating schedule after being sooooo lax the past week or so.
Anything Else You Would Like to Share About Yourself: I'm really disappointed over my recent gain but I'm sooooo looking forward to being back on track and kicking some weight loss butt. I'm excited to get to know everyone this challenge and really think we all can do this!!! Let's go Team Red Lace!!!!!! Wooooot!!!!

Krizstyling
01-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Allen Carr book???? I am not sure what that is, but I am totally going to google it now! And yes, we can do that together too, Kriz! Wonder if Mary smokes....I am a 'closet' smoker, I don't do it in front of anyone unless they have known I smoke...I don't do it at work either. Infact, it took me 36 days to smoke a carton, which is only 5.5 a day. So I am hoping quitting won't be super hard on me.

Oops sorry! I should have stated the title, it's this book my friends swear by that has helped SO many of them quit smoking. It's called "The Easy way to Stop Smoking". It hasn't arrived yet but I'm waiting for it!

toastedsmoke
01-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Sorry Team that I'm a little late in joining the convo. I've been away at my best friend's wedding and boy has that taken a toll on my on-plan-ness and therefore weight!!!! It was a good time though and I got to see my best friends for the first time in nearly 2 years AND it was the first time they'd seen me since I started my weightloss journey AND it was also the first time I'd been clothes shopping since my weightloss journey.

So reactions: 1.)Seeing my friends was AMAZING, it's a little sad because you forget how much you actually miss people until you're around them again and it's like "whoa I actually miss you wayyyyy more than I remember in many many many more ways than I realized!!!" 2.) My friends' reactions were priceless. Sometimes I admit I see a slight difference in my before and current appearance but most times I look in the mirror and I still look really fat to myself (in what I think is a totally non-body dysmorphic way).Anyway, it was really nice and they were really enthusiastic and encouraging about everything and loved my new look etc, which was nice!!! 3.) Going shopping was interesting. I'd wanted to go to a mall with a Lane Bryant but somehow that didn't work out so I ended up at a mall with no designated plus-size stores which made me a bit nervous! I hit Macy's first because I have had some luck with their plus size sections. However with the somewhat confusing layout of the store I ended up in the misses section and decided to try on some jeans there just to see how far away I was from being in a misses size anything. I got a 12 (which I har har'd at), a 14 which I expected to be indecently tight and 16 (which I thought might be more my size but a bit tight such that I might need a 16W (which I thought was probably my true size). Liking my bad news first, I tried the 12 on first and it not only went up my thighs, it fit and buttoned with minimal muffin top (I'll post a pic in the coming days). I actually sat in the dressing room and wept. I couldn't believe it. I'm telling you, it made EVERYTHING (working out when I didn't feel like it, staying on plan when it would have been easier to give in, playing mental games with myself to keep from giving up etc) soooooooo worth it!!!! And definitely makes me hungrier for more in 2011.

I got in last night with a terrible cold from my last day in the States (go me!) I was thinking of going for a run (I want to try out my new running shoes) but I think I'll go for a walk instead because of the funky respiration issues have going on right now. We'll see though. I need to get moving to get myself back on track. I think I'll start the Turbo Jam program today.

What's going on with everyone? What exercises/ videos do you all do? I'm alway looking for new inspiration and new things to try!

Krizstyling: Hello again!!! I'm glad we're teammates again!!!! How's bootcamping going??? Has the competitive one with the year-of-free-bootcamp prize started yet??? Are you in??? Are you ready to rock that and get the prize???!!! lol Anyway... Go Go You and GO GO Team Red Lace!!!!

Monday Question: I'm not really a resolution setter. But what i did decide for 2011 was that I'm not allowed to give up in terms of my weight loss journey. If I fall and gain 5lbs, I'm not allowed to say "ok that's it,I'm a loser and eat my way back to morbid obesity."

This resolution also applies to non-weightloss situations. I'm not allowed to give up on my dreams bcos something seems too hard and too impossible.

KimL1214
01-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Wednesday Question~ What's the weather like where you are today? How do you get in your workouts when the weather stinks?

toastedsmoke
01-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Wednesday's Question: The weather where I am is pretty hot (90F /32C) and dusty/hazy today. There are only 2 seasons where I live ( the rainy season and the dry season- it's the dry season now). It's mostly too hot and humid or too hot and dusty to ever work out outdoors here, but there are those who do. I'm mostly just a wuss so I work out indoors where the weather can't affect me!!!

Krizstyling
01-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Hey toasted! I'm SO glad we are teammates again too! We rocked it out last time, let's do it again!

SO you were in the states? That is pretty dang cool, my boyfriend is from Liberia and we KEEP saying we are going to go visit (he hasn't been since he was in his teens) but every year we always choose some other place to visit even though his dad lives there. I'm hoping THIS IS THE YEAR we actually get over there. Where in Africa do you live?

Sorry about the cold!

Haha @ you remembering the boot camp challenge! It starts on Monday! We've been out of boot camp since December 24th so I REALLY gotta get back together. I'm SO nervous! I know that a TON of new people joined (i'm hoping not too many) and so I'm hoping they don't have more gusto then I do. LOL I want to WIN!!!!!!!!!!!! But It will be great to meet new people and inspire them, especially if they are where I was 4 months ago. That would mean a lot. I def can't wait til Monday, my body needs it!

rainbowstripe
01-05-2011, 05:11 PM
ToastedSmoke Your Macy's sizes story makes me really happy for you - that is awesome :)

Wednesday's Question: Well it's summer down here in New Zealand, so it's pretty sticky and hot. I hate the humidity, but it's even worse when it's cloudy and threatening to rain outside - which is what it's doing right now (it's Thursday here though). I do workout dvds sometimes, so if the weather is terrible, I can just do those.

~I had an unexpected 1800 calorie day yesterday, which is my usual upper limit for a cheat type of day..not entirely happy with myself, given that nearly 300 of those were from alcohol and I would have rather they were from food since I was SO hungry when I got home. I'm still hungry today but trying to make this day better than yesterday. I don't start back at work til tomorrow afternoon, but I'm dreading it so much.

KimL1214
01-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Thursday Question~ When do you argue with yourself? When you're thinking about making a bad choice, about to make a bad choice, or once you already have?

tschaff04
01-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Thursday's question- I ALWAYS argue with myself the most after I have already made the bad decision. Sometimes when I am about to make it I do but I either know I am not going to or I know I am. And if I do I always guilt myself afterward.

IrishRose
01-06-2011, 01:36 PM
I missed Wednesdays question but it's like was like 32 degrees here this morning! I know for people living back east that's nothing, but hey I'm spoiled and live in California. I got my work out this morning scrapping ice off rental cars for almost an hour (I manage a rental branch)! LOL!!!
As for Thursdays question--- I am trying not to argue with myself anymore (which is really hard). I got off work early Wednesday and was home in time to watch Portia deRossi on Oprah. She was talking about her new book "Unbearable Lightness" and her battle with eating disorders. She said that she was really able to heal herself by not limiting anything- no foods "off limits" and not being crazy obbessive with portion sizes. She said that once she stopped obssesively monitoring and restricting, food lost it's power over her. So I am trying to change my mindset and adopt one more like that. And while I would prefer not to eat an entire bag of cheetos, telling myself I could if I wanted to makes it a lot less appealing. Plus I'm not constantly struggling with the internal guilt dilemma.

JennWantsToLose
01-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Thursday's Question -

I definitely struggle with yelling at myself after the fact. once it gets into my head that i want something, there's little chance i won't end up having it. :sigh:

JennWantsToLose
01-06-2011, 02:25 PM
i wish it was january 9th already sop i could get my darn siggy! :tantrum:

skigirl84
01-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Fun that is is todays question. I was in the mall returning a sweater and getting a new one yesterday and I was walking past a CVS and I was thinking a soda would be nice right now however I stopped and turned just as I was about to walk in to the store, my better self won and I ended up walking away right as a guy was coming out he commented wow I hope I wasnt the reason you didnt go in there. I laughed if only he knew the conversation in my head leading up to that point!

HotChildInTheCity
01-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Toasted smoke, thats a great achievement! :)
Skigirl84, lol :)

Wednesday question: It's winter here and it's very cold, but I have many workout DVDs. Weather isn't an excuse for me - I can't run and I don't go for long walks, but I can find activities to raplace that easily.

Today's question: Hmmm....When I'm thinking of making a bad choice it makes me feel guilty. When I am making one, I don't think about that. And after a few hours I am mad with myself.
And of course, there are those rare occasions when I don't give in :P

How's everybody doing? I'm excited for our first weigh-in, although at my country, we celebrate Christmas Jan 7th -tommorrow, but I'll be good :) I just hope salt retention doesn't kick in....

rainbowstripe
01-06-2011, 05:46 PM
skigirl Your story made me giggle, go you!

HotChild I'm not that excited for the first weigh in - I managed to maintain throughout the Christmas and New Year's period, but I'm still maintaining hah! No loss yet!

~Thursday's question: I am actually surprised that I don't argue with myself all that often. The only times I ever kind of question my behaviour in regards to food/exercise is when I do something like...drink 3 alcoholic drinks when I know I shouldn't have or when I don't exercise and I know I've got the time. But I don't beat myself up too much because I know that getting stressed over it is probably worse for me in the long run.

amylou
01-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Just stopping by - I was late to the weigh-in because my kids were sick....and now DH has it! ACK. Strep is painful.

I'm doing pretty well...trying to keep off the scale so I don't sabotage myself. I ate within my calories today but didn't honestly end up with the right balance of foods cause I'm HANGRY tonight. I have a headache too so I think I'm going to turn in early. I did also get my 120 ounces of water in too.

Off to bed...hope everyone has a great night!

Princess of the KING
01-07-2011, 12:23 AM
I missed wednesdays question but today it was a lovely bone chilling high of 28 and snowy!
thursdays question: I argue with myself if I really need that candy bar or the french fries. I try to argue until it's too late to eat it haha

skigirl84
01-07-2011, 11:02 AM
ugg I'm not looking forward to weigh in this weekend. I was doing great over the holidays and my lost a little from this weekend until Wednesday but the past three days I have been up to 162 from 160, I dont know whats going on! I have been doing what I did before the holidays but its just not working now. Hmmm going to need to change something this is getting frustrated!

IrishRose
01-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Happy Friday Red Team!!
Anyone have any big plans for the weekend?

I need to get my butt in gear and do some more work on the gowns I am making for the upcoming ball.
One of best friends is coming over tonight for her first fitting. I hope that she likes it, I've been extra worried about her dress because she is a curvy girl and while on the surface she wouldn't strike you as someone with body or self esteem issues I know she sometimes feels like the "big girl" in our group. Which is absolutely crazy because we are the same size and I actually weigh more than her (we just have very different body types). Anyways I just hope that she feels beautiful in the dress.

Anyways just checking in- hope everyone has a great day!

toastedsmoke
01-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Krizstyling: I live in Nigeria (I'm from there) but when I first moved back this way from the States last year (late 2009) I worked in Ghana on a reproductive health project with Liberian refugees in Ghana (go figure! And yeah Liberians are mostly cool peoples :) )and actually did go to Monrovia once. Everyone there said it's improving daily and it WAS fine so I hope you and the boyf get to go there eventually.

rainbowstripes: Thanks!!! I totally dread going back to work next week. I'm also struggling with keeping my calories strict especially coming off the last couple of weeks. I've not been truly bad but I've had quite a few unplanned 1800cal days. So I totally understand!!!! How's it going now?? Are you more on track now?

skigirl84: I lol'ed sooooo hard at your story. But well done on making a good decision. I bet you didn't regret not having the soda afterwards!!! Yay self-talk even though sometimes it makes us neurotic.

HotChildInTheCity: Thank you!!! Happy Christmas!!! I hope you had a good one and have a great weigh in this weekend!!!

IrishRose: Ayyyy I wish I could sew and do anything crafty or even draw a straight line with a ruler!!! These things are not my strong point. But I really do wish I could make myself clothes!!! That's tres cool that you can! I've got my fingers crossed that the fitting goes well for your friend. I'm boring so have no plans yet for the weekend. :(

I'm not particularly psyched for this weekends weigh in because i havent been as sharp as i'd have liked although i did see a new low of 204.5lbs this morning but i dont trust it so will just have to wait and see on Sunday... Not very optimistic though...I finally worked out today for the first time since Dec 27 and thankfully it wasn't as bad as I expected. I did a 45-minute jog and I'd been worried that I'd lost fitness not having run in a while but bad cold/congested lungs/coughing my brains out notwithstanding it was actually not a bad go. I also tried out my new running shoes (my first ever proper running shoes) and I have to say, they hurt my feet a bit and made me "feel" my knees (not too badly with the latter) but I'm sure they'll be fine once I've broken them in. Another tmi side effect of the run was that it provided a bit of congestion relief when I got back so that's always good!

Thursday's Question: I always argue with myself after the fact when the damage has already bees done when it's pretty much pointless. Yup self-recrimination is a "beach."

rainbowstripe
01-07-2011, 07:48 PM
IrishRose Making gowns! That sounds awesome, you must be pretty talented!

Toasted I'm back on track in terms of the amount of calories I'm consuming, but not so much as to where I'm getting them...I've had pizza, fries, a donut this morning...but I am still keeping within my limits so I think that is at least an improvement! Go you on the 45 minute jog! New running shoes are always fun as well, I don't know if I need some or not...how long do you wear yours before getting new ones?

~I'm not that excited for weigh-in, though I'm hoping for a small loss..we'll see. I won't be weighing in until Monday morning but I think that will still be Sunday for most of the rest of you, so shouldn't be too behind in posting my weight. I'm about to go for a walk (probably won't be that long, just to go rent a dvd with my dad) but will hopefully get back into proper exercise on Monday, starting with a jog after work and Zumba on Tuesday.

amylou
01-07-2011, 11:26 PM
I weighed in this morning and had dropped weight. However...I did it again BUT this time it sunk in what I'm doing to sabotage myself.

I weigh in and find myself at a lower number....so I freak out and "reward" myself with a cheat meal. Thankfully this time I still only ate 1433 calories today (my goal is 1300-1500 so I was within my calories) but still...I've got to stop rewarding my accomplishments with food!

How does anyone else reward yourself?

rainbowstripe
01-07-2011, 11:39 PM
amylou What do you mean you freak out at the lower numbers? Do they scare you? If I make some semi-significant milestone or I'm feeling particularly proud of myself I'll do something like...get a new fun nail polish colour or go and treat myself to a massage at a place in the mall. Or if it's not possible to do that kind of thing, I promise myself to spend some "me" time, doing something I enjoy, like watching a favourite dvd with my boyfriend or reading a book.

IrishRose
01-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Amylou I totally get it. I gained half the weight I lost at the beginning of last year through self sabbotage. But for me what happened was I would eat something crappy and then weigh myself the next morning and find I didn't immediately shoot up 5 pounds over night so I would tempt the fates and do it again. It turned into a viscous cycle. So here we are 30 pounds up from the original 60 I had lost. Ugh!
I would say find something you love and reward yourself that way. I have a Kindle and when I have a good week I'll reward myself with a new book.
I am super excited about tomorrows weigh in! It's my first week really back on track and I'm already 9 pounds down! Woot. I love that start success although I've done this long enough that I know by next week it will level off considerably... Oh well I'm ridin the wave while I can

HotChildInTheCity
01-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Before the first weigh-in I have mixed feelings...
And maybe I can relate with what you guys are talking about...I weighed yesterday and had an awesome number on the scale, but I've eaten too much last night....as I already said, we celebrate Christmas Jan 7th, and I went overboard on that Christmas dinner... However today was good, I ate less calories than I normally plan to, I ate lots of fiber, drank lots of water and had a great workout (I actually kept saying to my self 'last chance workout', lol) so I hope I've undone the damage, and that I'll be at that awesome number again tomorrow morning...

And thanks toasted smoke :)

audri8301
01-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Amylou - I do this also. Exactly the way that Irish Rose said, I'll eat something not so good and then my weight might still be down the next morning, so I'll do it again. I think we all need to quit that!

I'm hoping for a good number tomorrow morning. I've done pretty well with sticking to my gym schedule this week and watching my calories. Finally starting to feel like I am back on plan.

Oh, just so you all know, I am a bit flaky about keeping up with these chats. I forget to check in for a couple of days and then get overwhelmed. So, if you post to me and I don't answer for ages, I'm sorry!

rainbowstripe
01-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Ok so I had a good dinner last night, good breakfast this morning (it's 11.40am on Sunday here), I have a fairly decent lunch with me here and work and NO idea what I'll be eating for dinner. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning which will still be Sunday for most people, so I'm fine with the weigh-in time - I won't get to my usual weigh scales til then hah.
I'm hoping so much for a loss, purely for the fact that I've consumed far less calories this week than I did on my crazy holiday week. Good luck everyone!

jaimie1980
01-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Weigh in tomorrow ladies!!! Best behavior tonight!!! I know everyone is going to do GREAT!

IrishRose
01-08-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm working at our Airport office today (the last day in my seven day in a row stretch). And I just know that tomorrow will be a good day. I do soooo much walking around at this office because all the lots are a bit of a hike, plus its in a secluded area so I don't really have access to food. But I will say that about 40 minutes ago the Milk Duds in the vending machine were starting to call to me. But I resisted, thank goodness!
After my shift I am going grocery shopping. I hope I can find some good deals on frozen dinners (they are my go to with my crazy schedule).

Krizstyling
01-08-2011, 11:15 PM
IrishRose - Walmart has the BEST frozen dinners for the lowest price I've found. Love their 2 dollar lean cuisines!

As for weigh-in, I'm ready! Can't wait til next weeks weigh in tho, I'm hoping to make a significant drop!

Let's get it ladies!

tschaff04
01-08-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm really nervous for WI!! I have been doing great and even lost 2.8 pounds on my WI on Friday. But today was an off day for me and I didn't eat at my normal times all day long so I got out of whack and have been munching on fruit ALL night!! Ah! I need to go to bed I am to snacky tonight. :(

HotChildInTheCity
01-09-2011, 04:03 AM
I weighed.... Good ol' PMS water retention....I've seen a lower number this week, but still it's -1.43% so I can't complain.

Gekster (you're the only one who weighed before me) woohoo! That's an awesome loss, congratulations!

Other ladies, I know you did good aswell, I'm eager to see your numbers, let's rock and beat Pinks! :carrot:

toastedsmoke
01-09-2011, 07:50 AM
I weighed in and it looks like last weekend's weigh in high of 210 was mostly water retention from food and alcohol, thank goodness. I'm down 3.57% which is great!!! And I'm closer to Onederland than I've ever been in my entire adult life and probably since about 13. I'm excited, nervous and many other things. Hopefully I'll be there soon!

Sending good weigh loss karma and good eeigh in dust to all mt Red Lace teammates!!! hugs!!

audri8301
01-09-2011, 08:27 AM
Irish Rose - Way to resist the Milk Duds!

toastedsmoke - Wow! Congrats on the new low, you will be in onderland before you know it!

Off to post my weight. Down again this morning. :-)

Jelbelle
01-09-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm so happy that it looks like everyone has done pretty good this week! I'm proud of you girls =D! I'm down -3lbs, so I can finally say good riddance to all my holiday weight! I also took some pics yesterday, I hope you all don't mind if I post them here? They're kind of my first progress pics with a glimpse of my body >.< (probably because up until yesterday, I have still hated it with a passion). But I hit a milestone, realizing I actually kind like it now =o

This was me at my highest, 234lbs T_T this was actually taken day two of my journey.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/SerenityXMoon/3fc1-1.jpg

These are from yesterday, I'm at 190:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/SerenityXMoon/002-1.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/SerenityXMoon/011-1.jpg

KimL1214
01-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Sunday Question~ How was your first week? Did you discover anything new that you'd like to share?

JennWantsToLose
01-09-2011, 07:28 PM
My first week wasn't the best, and I was really worried for weigh-in. But, I did lose a little bit, so that was a relief. Only 0.2%, but it's something.

rainbowstripe
01-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Bleh. I weighed in, but with only a 0.7 pound loss. I know, any loss is a good loss, but I was so positive after not gaining all throughout the holiday period!
Oh well.

Sunday's question: First week was not that great, I ate more calories on a couple of days than I meant to and I didn't get any proper exercise in - I guess I can't really blame anyone but myself for the lack of loss then!

Congrats to all of you with losses and lets keep going!

Princess of the KING
01-09-2011, 08:20 PM
I was excited for weigh in because I lost 4 pounds which was 4 of the 7 I gained during just Christmas. Only 3 more and I will be down to pre Christmas weight! woohoo!

Sundays Question: First week was good. I ate lower calories than usually at the start of the week and gradually got higher as the week went on. I wasnt all that proud of fridays dinner of mexican food!

audri8301
01-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Jelbelle - You are looking fabulous!

Just looked at the weigh-in thread and some of you guys put up AMAZING numbers this week. Way to go!

ruby5839
01-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Hey Ladies! Sorry I'm joining the thread late but it's been a busy and tiring week. I just got all caught up with the messages and am really looking forward to getting to know you all better!

This week hasn't been the greatest for me with having to readjust to my class schedule and TOM arriving. I'm just glad I had a loss! Hopefully next week's weigh-in will go better. Good luck everyone :)

HotChildInTheCity
01-10-2011, 03:19 AM
Jelbelle, you really look good! You look a lot slimmer and I can't believe you're 190, you just look smaller :)

Hmm....already a pound down since yesterday so definitely, it was water retention, oh well, I'll have a better number next Sunday.

I think, overall my week was good. I ate a bit more for Christmas, but it was only one day, I exercised and it's been nine days since I binged for the last time....so, a good week :)

skigirl84
01-10-2011, 11:05 AM
First week was not what I wanted at all. I had a tough time getting back on track after two weeks of holidays and vacation from work. I felt hungry all the time! I did manage to lose 0.6 lbs which is something considering for most of the week the scale was going up!

This week I have a plan to get back on plan! My boyfriend is 100% behind me which is great, he goes to the gym with me 3 days a week and then I go once alone and meet with my personal trainer. So the workout part I am doing great with, its the food part I need to get back under control.

Hope everyone has a great week!

IrishRose
01-10-2011, 11:53 AM
My first week was good.
Although yesterday I nearly had a meltdown that really could have derailed me. About 7 pm last night I decided to finally try on the gown I ordered for the ball (which is in 2 weeks). It looked a little small when it came in so I put my corset on underneath it aaaannnnndd....it doesn't fit. I would have to loose 10 pounds just of back fat to get it to fit. Sigh..... so frustrating...
But that's not even the part that got me going. Now I have to make myself a gown on top of the two I am already making. I hate making clothes for myself- I never like how they turn out and I always end up feeling like a blob.
So last night I was frantically trying to piece together enough fabric to make a gown. I think it will okay but now I definately feeling the time crunch. I almost just wanted to scrap everything and cancel the whole excursion.
Sigh.....I am just going to have to dig deep, not let this get me down and carry on.
Although I have decided that as a reward and a pick me up-- if I don't let the stress get me down, keep on track with weight loss, and get all the gowns done in a timely manner-- I'm gonna get my makeup done for the ball, it'll be one less thing for me to worry about,

JennWantsToLose
01-10-2011, 01:51 PM
irish - that's a great reward! :) sorry that your dress woes have you stressing. :hug:

Jelbelle
01-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks audri and HotChild ^_^ that made my day!!!

Sunday's Question:
I thought this week was going to be a real drag, but it perked up a bit. I'm excited about school tomorrow; I'm just ready to get into the semester, and the familiar groove of school life again! Also, started to work on my Comic Con costume! Now THAT was super exciting.

toastedsmoke
01-10-2011, 06:16 PM
audri8301: Thanks!!!! Congrats on your loss!!! Team Red Lace rocked it last week and hopefully we'll all get amazing losses so we can rock it even harder this week!!!

Jelbelle: Wowsers chica!!! You are gorgeous!!! And I agree with hotchild, you look wayyy tinier than 190. I wish I'll look that good at 190! Well done you!! I lurk on your blog and sort of follow your posts here and you really are an inspiration!!!

IrishRose: :hug: Sorry about the dress stress!!! No matter how well I'm doing, there's something about trying on a too-tight article of clothing that seems to in my mind at least negate all the good work I've done and really crush the spirit. It sucks! I'm sending superfastsewing internet pixie dust and prayers so you get everything done and hopefully with all the good work(weightless-wise) you've done so far, I hope you feel BEAUTIFUL at your ball in a couple of weeks! The only sad thing is that with the dress you ordered by the time you'll have need of a ball gown again it'll be wayyyyyy too big and so you probably won't ever be able to use it... which actually isn't that sad... ;)

Sunday's Question: The first week was by my previous standards pretty lax with food and exercise. I didn't go crazy, but at the same time I was not really that strict with exercising (I think I only exercised once when I went on one run) AND my calories were up to probably about the 1600-1800 range over the week but what do you know, I made a loss way above what my average loss pattern is when I'm serious ( usually 90-120minutes of exercise 6 days a week on 1000-1300 calories). So this month I'm going to do an experiment and up my calories and reduce my exercise a bit (I'm thinking 1500-1800 calories and no more than 70 minutes of exercise 6 days a week) and see how that affects my weight.

IrishRose
01-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks toasted and everyone! I am going to go home in about half an hour, brew a giant pot of coffee and set to work! I'll post some pictures of the ball in a few weeks so you guys can see-- it's a period dress ball (Edwardian style, although people seem to come in whatever they deem period dress- LOL! I'm not a snob or anything but I majored in costume production and design in college so I know the difference. LOL! )
Also as others said AWESOME JOB EVERYONE on the losses this last week!!!
Let's keep it going!

ruby5839
01-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Yay, 1st place! Great job Team Red Lace :D Toastedsmoke, congrats on being the week's biggest loser!

IrishRose, your period ball sounds exciting! I hope you'll post pics :)

HotChildInTheCity
01-11-2011, 04:06 AM
First, congratulations everyone for the great week! Woohoo! :D

For the past two days, I've been half-sabotaging myself... I've stayed within my calories but I wasn't eating very healthy...a biscuit here, a chocolate bar there... Sunday was a planned rest day, but yesterday I also skipped working out. I'm somehow in a rut with food too.... All because of the stupid exam I really should have passed, and I studied and I thought I knew everything, but they changed a lot of questions and made it twice as hard as it was previous year and now I'm not sure will I pass....

skigirl84
01-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Yay team!! Congrats on a successful week everyone, lets do it again next week!

IrishRose I cant wait to see the dresses, you sound very talented, I can barely hem pants when they are too long on me!

HotChildInTheCity I feel your pain on the exam thing! Good luck I hope you did better than you think! I found out over New Years vacation that I didnt pass a huge exam I had to take and I have to retake it now in April. I was so bummed I felt like it wasnt worth it to go to the gym and keep trying to lose weight. I gained about 5 lbs studying last time because I would snack whenever I studied. I decided this time around I will keep going to the gym even if its only twice a week I will do it for me and not let studying take over everything again!

This week is already off to a much better start. I had a personal training session last night and I mentioned in the beginning I felt like things were finally starting to get easier and I was feeling good about it. Apparently that was the key word my trainer was looking for to really step it up. I do strength training and cardio conidtioning with him. I actually thought I might throw up at one point last night it was soooo intense! My whole body was shaking when I got home and didnt stop until I had dinner. However it paid off big time, that workout finally got me over my plateau.....I woke up to 158.8 on the scale this morning! Thats 2lbs since Sundays weigh in. I am so excited, I hope I can keep the losses going for the rest of the week!

Krizstyling
01-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Yay!! Toasted, congrats on the win! And congrats to the rest of you ladies for helping push us to victory! Let's do it again next week! Stay motivated!

Skigirl - AWESOME work out! I love love working out when you push yourself like that. I try to go so hard until I feel like I know I need to stop or I'll puke or get dizzy or whatever (never puked or got dizzy, just like RIGHT before I feel that). It helps you push through that wall of "I can't do it" when YES YOU CAN. I see some girls at the place I go who just do the minimum and aren't pushing themselves and I'm like, why waste time? Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!

As for me, today I weighed myself (not my official weigh-in day) and it said 173.6. I stepped on 3 more times to make sure, I am totally excited! I just want out of the 170's so bad....seriously haven't been this weight in over 6+ years and I never really weighed myself so that is guessing that in college I might have been this small. I have no idea if I was but it's the last time I can remember fitting a size 10 jean lol. We'll see if I can stick it out until my official weigh in next Monday!

Anyway, I hope you girls are staying on plan! For those in the midwest and east coast, watch out for the snow! I am NOT looking forward to the snow fall we are supposed to be getting. That just means boot camp will be canceled and I hate working out in our small apartment!

KimL1214
01-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Tuesday Question~ I know that some of you are not big fans of exercise, so tell us what your least hated exercise is, otherwise, what is your favorite form of exercise?

IrishRose
01-11-2011, 12:50 PM
It's funny that Tuesdays question was about exercise because I was just thinking today about how I should start going to the gym again.I'm just not ready to commit to it again yet...
In general my least hated exercise is walking or running outside or on the treadmill. Although I will say that my most favorite exercise I have ever done was when I took this Afro Brazilian dance class in college. My instructor was amazing and I have never been so limber in my life- LOL!

Krizstyling
01-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Tuesday Question~ I know that some of you are not big fans of exercise, so tell us what your least hated exercise is, otherwise, what is your favorite form of exercise?

I love medicine balls! LOVE LOVE THEM! My favorite exercise is the twist. I forget the name of it but you sit on your butt with feet out in front of you with heels JUST off of the ground and hold the medicine ball and bring it to your left, touch ground, right touch ground and so on and so on, it's SO great! I have a serious belief that this is why my love handles have shrunken SO much.

rainbowstripe
01-11-2011, 06:34 PM

I'm not a huge fan but sometimes I enjoy it. I got into jogging/running late last year, and I really began to enjoy that, though I'm yet to take my first run this year yet. I also find Zumba really enjoyable just because I go, it's an hour long, my instructor is really friendly but pushes us, and it's over before I know it!

~Doing well so far this week with calories and exercise, did my 1 hour Zumba class last night and just did a 55 minute workout dvd. Food is going well, have had some delicious and nutritious meals so far this week.
Congrats everyone on a great first week and lets make this one great too!

audri8301
01-11-2011, 08:21 PM

My very favorite thing to do is Turbo Kick, but my gym took if off the schedule. :-( So now my favorite is Body Combat, similar to TK, but not as dancey.

toastedsmoke
01-11-2011, 08:53 PM
It's wayyyy late here but i've finally gotten work out in (yay 2am workouts due to procrastination). It's weird but I recently decided to up my calorie intake and I'm eating at the new level I set but it freaks me out... Every meal feels like a binge even though I know it's not really; I'm seriously thinking of going back to my former calorie intake because it's really messing with my mind. I think also added to that I feel like I'm not yet back where I want to be with exercise post Christmas/New Year so I'm just paranoid I'm undoing everything I've done so far and since I've seen both 201 and 204 since Sunday I can't tell whether or not I'm making the right decision and I suppose it's too soon to tell anyway... I need to pull myself together and get out of my head... There's nothing that can't be reversed if it turns out it's not working...

Tuesday's Question: I actually don't like ANY kind of exerise. I don't like to exert myself. I'm not at all outdoorsy. I can be extremely lazy. I don't even like to sit in a chair, I'd rather lie in bed or on a couch or cuddle in an armchair or something. But like the truth is I'm hardly passionate about brushing and flossing yet I do it because it serves a purpose, and I've come to feel that way about exercise... somewhat ambivalent because it serves a purpose. If I had to pick an absolute favorite exercise though, it would be running, it makes me feel like a well-oiled machine, like "this-is-how-God-meant-my-body-to-move" and I get this amazing feeling of accomplishment and well-being afterwards that sometimes convinces me that I don't actually DISLIKE exercise after all.

jaimie1980
01-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Today's question: I LOVE classes. Zumba, Spinning, Kickboxing, mainly. The loud, up beat music and the fun happy-go-lucky-as-**** instructors make it enjoyable. Yep, I said enjoyable and exercise in the same sentence. I HATE going to the gym, slaving away on a boring machine. It feels like an eternity, and I can't wait to be done. It torture! I also try to go with friends. On the down side, all of the girls I go with are thin-as-a-rail health nuts, leaving me to be the token fat girl. But, this is why I am here, losing it slowly, so that I can be one of them!

Toasted- CONGRATS on blowing the fat out of the water! Way to go lady- that is some serious weight loss! You rock!! (((APPLAUSE)))

TEAM RED LACE! WOOOOHOOOOO! As Queen would say (or sing)Weeeeeeeeeeee are the Championnnssss, My Friendddsssssssss!

ruby5839
01-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Tuesday's Q: I hate doing weight training and I'm on the fence about running (I hate that metallic taste from out of shape burning lungs!) but I love to swim for cardio and do pilates or hot yoga. The main problem is leaving my warm house to brave the cold and getting to the pool/classes...

skigirl84
01-12-2011, 10:02 AM
We finally got a snow storm today I'm excited! I live in Northern New England and it seems like the rest of the country is getting all of our snow so far this winter. Not this time, we have about 8 inches and suppose to get over 12 by the end of the day. I have 4wd so the roads are a mess but I don't mind and people around here expect it. I can't wait to go play in the snow in the mountains this weekend!

A little late but Tuesdays Question: I actually really enjoy working out. I didnt used but a few months ago I joined a new gym and I love it! My favorite class is a circuit training class that is a mix of strength and cardio conditiong. Its a great workout and there is a great group of people in it.

IrishRose
01-12-2011, 01:28 PM
FINALLY!!
So after weigh in on Sunday I bouyed up one pound and have been sitting there the last couple of days. I think stress has had something to do with it. But Finally this morning the scale is starting to go down again, so I might still see a loss this week.
I got a lot of work done yesterday and that has relieved some of the stress. I finally feel like everything is starting to get to a manageable level again.

I hope that all you ladies are having a good week so far.

rainbowstripe
01-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Just checking in! Good week so far, just ate a delicious lunch. Yeah...that's all haha.

KimL1214
01-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Thursday & Friday Question~ Weekend is coming!!! What is your plan of attack to make sure you stay on plan?

HotChildInTheCity
01-13-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm back on track today.
I've been slacking and cheating a bit for the last two days...It's scary how much inertia I had to overcome to stay on plan today after going back to old ways just for two days. I already got into that thinking 'I ruined everything I'll just have to start over...well after I eat a ton of junk', but then that sentence 'Get up and finish what you started!' so I just continued today...And I'm glad, I already feel better and after all I don't think I did much damage, but I don't expect a good number this week - maintain or lose 1 pound maybe...
(sorry about that team)

IrishRose
01-13-2011, 02:33 PM
My plan for this weekend is to keep myself busy!!!!
I actually have an entire weekend off work for the first time in a month! This is both good and bad. Its definately harder to stay on track when I dont have work to occupy me, but on the other hand I'll finally be able to get stuff done!!
I started reading this really interesting book last night-- "Why We Get Fat-- And What To Do About It" by Gary Taubes. He wrote a book before it called Good Calories, Bad Calories. I'm interested in learning his take. I'm only a couple of chapters in and right now it seems we're building up to it. I'm a bit worried that it might end up turning into pro low-carb diet propaganda because so far thats what it seems to be leaning towards, but we'll see. We're still in the Why we get fat part and haven't yet gotten to the part about what to do about it.
As someone who has done the low carb thing in the past and ultimately failed because I found the diet too restrictive I am really hoping that's not what his ultimate advice ends up being. But so far- an interesting read-- lots of little known studies examined and so forth. 'll let you all know how it pans out.

JennWantsToLose
01-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Thursday & Friday Question~ Weekend is coming!!! What is your plan of attack to make sure you stay on plan?

I have to call work in a little bit to see if/when I work this weekend. If i don't work, I'll be spending all weekend putting stuff up for sale on ebay! and cleaning, too.

friday is our good friend's engagement party. i don't know what all is going to be there. a little worried about that. :?:

IrishRose
01-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Well that was horribly depressing!
So I made it about half way through my book and then decided I got the point, listened to him talk about enough studies and then decided to fast forward to the part on how to get lean.
And there it was, just as I had hoped it wouldn't be- the low carb diet. The diet he outlined too was almost identical to Atkins.
The crazy thing is after reading (most of) the book he raised enough points or spun it in such a way that I almost want to try to low carb again.
Sigh....and now I am sitting here considering picking up the ingredients for an Atkins approved omlette to make for dinner.
I understand the science behind Atkins and low carb diets in general-- And I like eggs and leafy veggies and meat, but I also like bread and sugar and crackers (correction I LOVE crackers, especially wheat thins!!)
I wish I could just do low carb days and still eat pasta and bread some days, but that just ends up being counter-productive because the point of low carb diets is to put your body into Ketosis and eating carbs negates that....sigh.....
Sometimes you just can't win, but it definately gave me some food for thought

rainbowstripe
01-13-2011, 10:49 PM

I don't have a plan of attack but I guess I should! I have a couple of social things this weekend - brunch at a cafe tomorrow (Sat) for a friend's farewell, drinks in the evening to welcome a friend back from China, and a picnic/bbq at the beach on Sunday evening for my uncle's birthday...I'm just going to pick things that are healthier and try to stick within my calories. I'm thinking poached eggs and a side of mushrooms for the brunch...

IrishRose Sorry to hear about the disappointing low-carb diet end result of the book you were reading...are you not happy with your current plan of attack?

~So I weigh less today, I'm pretty happy. I got some exercise in - 15 mins stationary bike followed by 10 on the rowing machine, I feel good about that too. Tonight I get to go and see The National (a band) which I'm excited about! I bought some new shoes last night too, so I'm excited about those.

IrishRose
01-14-2011, 11:55 AM
RAINBOW I'm a calorie counter, a plan of attack that I know works-- I lost 60 pounds doing it at the beginning of last year. I guess I was just looking for something inspired to keep me motivated. So it was a let down to read a book that started out fresh but ended with same tired idea that carbs are the devil. What was interesting though was after finnnishing the book I looked up reviews of it online. Some people absolutely love this guy, some people absolutely hate him. But the most interesting article I read was from an M.D. who does believe that people eat too many carbohydrates, but an Atkins-esque approach is not the answer. He also pointed out a lot of holes in Taubes logic and reasoning in his review.
Anyways-- I think that there might be something to eating at least a few less carbs because I was mindful of them yesterday (I certainly ate more than the Taubes or Atkins recommended 20 freaking grams, but less than if I hadn't been paying attention) and I whooshed down two pounds on the scale this morning. It's at least something to fiddle with a bit.

skigirl84
01-14-2011, 01:25 PM
My weekend starts in just under 4 hours!!! finally its been a long week.

I am going backcountry skiing tomorrow, which is an amazing workout. We will ski up the mountain (about 3 miles I think) then ski down, thats the fun part! We got about 20 inches of snow this week so the skiing should be great.

Sunday is studying then watching the patriots game. I am not too worried, I am not a fan of spicy food which is what a lot of my friends like to snack on so there wont be much for me snack on, which is good for me.

Laureedee
01-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by KimL1214

Make sure I get my exercise in and not procrastinate until it's too late! Other than that, lots of willpower. I'm testing some recipes over the next couple of weekends for something I'm cooking/baking for in a few weeks, so there will be lots of goodies around. Giving lots of it away!

I weigh everyday, and if this morning's weigh in is anything to go by, I apologize in advance to the team for my gain. My water weight from TTOM never just falls off, it takes a good week to work off like "real" weight does; I was as high as 173.6 earlier this week so I'm just glad I've come down from there but I do think I'll still show a tiny gain from last week at this rate :(

JennWantsToLose
01-14-2011, 02:05 PM
just wanted to post something - my boyfriend texted me and asked me to meet him for lunch at a local deli. i got there a little earlier than him so i was sitting there trying to decide what to eat. i was dead set on a sandwich and french fries, with a mountain dew. i totally surprised myself when i went to order, and i got a chicken caesar salad and bottled water! not only that, but i could only eat about half of it! the rest is sitting in the fridge down stairs.

so proud of myself!! :carrot:

IrishRose
01-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Jenn Awesome job resisting the fries, sammie and mountain dew!

Lauree Let me know if you find any good recipes. I loooove baking (even if I do end up giving most of it away)

amylou
01-14-2011, 11:03 PM
I've got to get my head in the game. Seriously. My husband is gone almost all week except for dinner time and an hour afterward so I'm struggling. He's wanting all these foods like liver and onions, fried potatoes, fried chicken, mexican food - AH! Don't take me wrong - I have always, ALWAYS refused to do more than one fried food at a meal and we eat a LOT of veggies too. I told him tonight to enjoy his junk food because my job as "executive chef, nurse and also head (translated ONLY) grocery shopper that I am sick of us all being sick and unhealthy. So tomorrow....we change. At least a little. ;) I packed him his gravy & biscuit for breakfast, then light soup and crackers with yogurt for lunch and I think we'll have a veggie-full yummy stirfry with rice.

I have a four year old and a two year old. Lunches for them a few times a week usually is a sandwich with a pickle and chips, chicken nuggets and chips, or homemade lunchable style meals with sliced lunch meat, sliced cheese, ritz crackers, chips and a cookie. I really would like to move away from feeding them so much processed foods. Anyone have ideas for lunch for the kids? My 4yo isn't as hip on veggies which is totally my fault so I need to work on him, but my 2yo will eat just about anything - last night he denied dessert to have pickled beets. ;)

IrishRose
01-15-2011, 02:11 PM
I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!
I was super productive this morning and cleaned the downstairs of my townhouse (which is half bath, kitchen, diningroom, and livingroom). I always feel so much better when my environment is clean. Although admittedly i did it mostly because my BFF is coming over today-- I hate, hate having people over when the place isn't tidy (even though I know my friends don't care, it's a matter of pride on my part).
I am weirdo and actually like cleaning for the most part-- except doing laundry. I despise it, which is probably why my bedroom almost always looks like a volcano of clothes exploded. Oh well---
Just checking in and good luck to eveyone on tomorrows weigh in!!

Krizstyling
01-15-2011, 04:00 PM
I've got to get my head in the game. Seriously. My husband is gone almost all week except for dinner time and an hour afterward so I'm struggling. He's wanting all these foods like liver and onions, fried potatoes, fried chicken, mexican food - AH! Don't take me wrong - I have always, ALWAYS refused to do more than one fried food at a meal and we eat a LOT of veggies too. I told him tonight to enjoy his junk food because my job as "executive chef, nurse and also head (translated ONLY) grocery shopper that I am sick of us all being sick and unhealthy. So tomorrow....we change. At least a little. ;) I packed him his gravy & biscuit for breakfast, then light soup and crackers with yogurt for lunch and I think we'll have a veggie-full yummy stirfry with rice.

I have a four year old and a two year old. Lunches for them a few times a week usually is a sandwich with a pickle and chips, chicken nuggets and chips, or homemade lunchable style meals with sliced lunch meat, sliced cheese, ritz crackers, chips and a cookie. I really would like to move away from feeding them so much processed foods. Anyone have ideas for lunch for the kids? My 4yo isn't as hip on veggies which is totally my fault so I need to work on him, but my 2yo will eat just about anything - last night he denied dessert to have pickled beets. ;)

Good for you for trying to think of ways to feed yoru kids healthy foods. now is definitely the time while they are young!

I recommend wheat bread and lunch meats, instead of chips, give them carrots with dipping sauces or sliced apples. There are a ton of websites out there devoted to mothers trying to find simple and healthy treats/lunches/snacks for their kids. A cookie a couple times of week won't hurt them but everyday...and chips? Not setting them up for a good time in the future.

I recommend googling healthy lunches for kids. a TON of pages will come up!

Good luck!

rainbowstripe
01-15-2011, 05:27 PM
IrishRose I think I would have huge difficulty limited carbs to 20 grams...I also calorie count, and I love it. Sorry the book was a let down for you, but at least you got some interesting points of view from reading the reviews online! Yay for the clean house :)

I'm about to weigh-in because it's Sunday where I am. A simple bbq last night turned into a party unfortunately, but I am really proud of myself for not even turning it into a higher calorie day. I had a few drinks, included everything in my calorie count, and ended up just over 1600. Pretty good I think.
Hope everyone is ending the week well!

KimL1214
01-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Sunday & Monday Question~ What do you plan? Some plan just meal or exercise times, do you plan either? Do you plan anything else?

toastedsmoke
01-16-2011, 12:45 PM
amylou: I have no kids but I remember as a kid I wasn't a huge fan of most veggies (apparently as a really little kid I liked everything but was later influenced by my picky eater older brother to "ewwww" many things), my mom used to blend (with a blender) veggies into our soups and sauces and stews and curries, so that whilst they looked bland, they were filled with nutrients etc. Another thing I can think of is grilling things (chips, chicken, beef, meatballs etc) as opposed to frying. Another thing is to maybe occasionally turn cooking into a project that they can participate in: most people involve kids mainly in baking sweets etc and so of course they have long-time positive associations with sweets and baking and so on, but I think there are kiddy cookbooks in libraries and probably online where you can find child-friendly recipes. Another idea is that most kids like cheese and ketchup so for a pickier eater, you can grate a little cheese (parmesan or whatever cheese) on their veggies and allow them to have their veggies with ketchup or mustard or whatever sauce they want to mask the vegetable taste. Also chopping veggies into very little pieces and hiding them in mash or rice is helpful; I'm 24 and even though I now eat broccoli, I'm still terribly grossed out by the look of it.

Sunday & Monday: I plan both meal and exercise. I've been a little lax with meal planning in the last couple of months because I used to plan the whole week ahead but now I only plan a few hours ahead. I still never just open the fridge to grab whatever to eat, there's always a plan, unless I'm being bad. Exercise-wise, I know I should go run at the gym twice a week irrespective (Tu/Thur or Wed/Fri) and I like to follow DVD work out plans like 30DS or 30 Day Slimdown or now I'm doing Turbo Jam for the 1st time and following the 4-wk schedule and loving it. I need to have a specific DVD workout planned for a day if not I tend to slack off.

After gradually getting to a low of 200.5 on Thursday (turning into an unofficial daily weigher of sorts), i expected a good weigh in this weekend, then i woke up Friday feeling bloated, PMS-y and incredibly snacky. And what do you know now it's TOM and I've gained 2 lbs from my weekday low and have seemingly lost nothing from last week. Yeah I'm kind of miserable. Sorry Team! Hopefully next week will be better! I hope you all have wayyyy better weigh-ins than I have. Happy Weigh Ins!!!

IrishRose
01-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Sunday's Q:
I don't plan meals or exercise. I've tried the whole meal planning thing, but I always end up not wanting what I planned, end up eating something I shouldn't and then feel like a failure because I didn't eat what I "should have". At least for me, I've found it's best just to keep a bunch of healthy options on hand (seriously my freezer is filled to the brim with frozen meals)- so that I can always find soemthing appealing and stay on plan at the same time. The only time I'll kind of plan is whenn I know my boyfriend is cooking-- because although he tries its never as healthy as if I had made it, so I try to plan the rest of my day accordingly.

rainbowstripe
01-16-2011, 05:17 PM
I don't plan much at all because for dinners, I'm still at the mercy of my boyfriend's parents or my parents depending on where I'm sleeping - but I think I'll have to start planning more once I'm living somewhere else in a couple of months! Can't just wait until dinner to make dinner, I know from experience it ends up more expensive that way and I'll end up stressed!

IrishRose
01-17-2011, 11:10 AM
I have decided that when I get home tonight I am going to pack up all my "skinny clothes" and store them away. It's kind of a tough thing for me to do because only 6-7 months ago they fit. I found that one of the big things I did last time around was completely get rid of my thin clothes (most of which were from college) it actually helped a lot. I know that for a lot of people keeping stuff around that doesn't fit is great motivation, but for me it's just a reminder of how I have failed.
I feel like a horse with blinders on because I know what fits in my closet and I just zone in on those clothes and all the other ones just seem to get in the way. The problem comes when all the clothes that fit are dirty and all I have left are a bunch of clothes two sizes too small. It's depressing. And I will feel sooo much better when I can look into my closet and know that everything in there will fit me.

Jelbelle
01-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Sunday & Monday Question: I never plan for anything XD I guess I just sort of get a feel for my day, and know if I have wiggle room or not. With exercise, I exercise when I want to =P which is like, all the time.

toastedsmoke
01-18-2011, 08:27 AM
Add In: Okay so I was about to just post what is below a propos de nothing. But then I felt like because it's a little long, I should put in a disclaimer. It's a pretty pointless whine so please feel free to skip over it. It's one of those things I wish I could just sit with my best friend and just say and cry in her arms but 1.) she's not where I am and 2.) she's going through a lot and in the grand scheme of things, this is inconsequential! So you my (poor) team is getting it. Now that it's done, I feel better, more rational, maybe purged even, having gotten it off my chest. So thank you. I hope everyone is doing well and on plan and here's to a great week to us all! Go Team Red Lace!!!

You know what's funny about daily weigh ins??? When i get a good number midweek, I obsess about whether or not it's a fluke, but when I get a bad number, I'm crushed, broken, stomped into the ground, in the absolute depths of despair. So after weighing in the 202s from Friday to Sunday, I woke up yesterday weighing 209! Yes 209!!! 7 effing pounds in 24hrs!!! I was soooo upset, I started to giggle. I laughed till tears ran down my still incredibly chubby cheeks. Negative self-talk??? I was all over that, but somehow it was funny. Yeah... I was hysterical. Fast-forward 24hrs to today at 206.5... I'm so over this whole thing! The only thing that's keeping me on track is that I know at some point in 6months, I won't be so over it any more, and I don't want to have to start this whole thing over again.

I think everything's been building. I had an NSV first week this year of fitting into size 12 jeans. 6 months ago I would have killed, taken out a rib, done my own surgery, whatever to fit into size 12 jeans and now that I do, it's like meh, I don't really see a difference. And I don't mean this in a body dysmorphic way. I'm always the 1st to think I'm slimmer than I am. Obviously I realize there's a tangible difference between my old size (18/20) and my current size (i'm still somewhat rational, even mid-rant/whine) but I feel like I look exactly the same in my new clothes as I did in my old clothes... if that even makes sense. Don't ask me what I expected to see because I don't even know... But maybe I just pictured this size and this weight to be smaller on me somehow...

And I do feel bad being this whiny and this obsessive over scale numbers. I'm not even particularly a daily weigher for this exact reason. It's just that I've gotten into the habit of stepping on the scale every morning right before I get dressed "just to see <nervous giggle [as I say that to myself]>... I suppose I'm momentarily happy when I see a good number but that's soon overtaken by worries if "is it real?" "will it stick?" etc etc... <sighs> I was super well-adjusted as a teenager, I hear myself whine like this and wonder what has happened to me; I'd have slapped the whine out of myself right quick by now! Maybe I'm hormonal or something, or maybe I was just a better person back then... But that's another whine for another day.

Krizstyling
01-18-2011, 10:03 AM
toasted - I kind of talk about something like that in my blog today but moreover read this article and see if you see any similarities.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31489881/ns/health-womens_health/

This article helped me tons. Not sure if you will relate but figured I'd throw it out there =)

IrishRose
01-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Kriz That was a really interesting article.
toasted As a daily weigher myself I can relate to your pain. A while back I had to stop doing the daily weighing thing because it turned into too much of an emotional rollercoaster for me. I tend to lose weight more weight overall when I weigh in daily though so I've gone back to it. For me though, I've been doing it long enough that I know at least once a week my weight will spike up at least 2 pounds overnight. Usually within 3 days it will be back down again. I've had to teach myself that it's a normal thing for my body and learn to ride the rollercoaster instead of letting it ride me. LOL. But size 12! That is awesome. Give yourself some time to adjust to it. I'm sure you look fabulous!

rainbowstripe
01-18-2011, 11:29 PM
toasted I know what you mean about thinking you'd be smaller at a certain weight/size...I definitely thought I'd be smaller than I am now at 67kg (147.7 pounds). I just thought I'd be smaller, probably because last time I was this weight, I was smaller around the stomach and boobs. Stupid boobs grew. And it worries me because if I'm not as small as I thought I'd be now, maybe I won't be when I reach my goal of 55kg (121 pounds)...which means I'd have to lose even more and it's hard enough having that number in my head - I'm also a near-daily weigher...and I totally get how you feel.
Rant whenever you need to, someone will always read it :) Hope you are feeling better now and less hysterical. I sometimes feel like I'm going a little insane when I step on the scale.

KimL1214
01-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Wednesday Question~ What's your dinner plan for tonight!?

IrishRose
01-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Lean Cuisine!
LOL! It's my boyfriends boys night so I'm fending for myself.

Krizstyling
01-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Dinner Plan for tonight: I'm excited tonight we are having chipotle marinated salmon baked! And some rice w/ peas and carrots. We have never tried the chipotle marinated salmon so can't wait to try it!

toastedsmoke
01-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Thanks sooooo much ladies! You guys are why I love 3FC!!!

Krizstyling: I read both your blog and the article and they are full of truth. I'm always prefacing negative self-talk with the phrase "in a totally non-body dysmorphic way" but I guess I am a bit guilty of phantom fat. Even though I don't really believe that it's that "phantom". Ah well... I think overall I need to copy you a bit and try to say more positive things to myself, because that confidence is sexy and strong and inspiring, and on your blog (I read back and got caught up from the team phoenix era), you always come off that way, and I want to be like that (now! not when I "grow up"). But that's another issue and definitely something for me to keep in mind and work on. But thank you! You did bring me a little sanity!

IrishRose: Thanks a bunch! Yeah, I was never a daily weigher and then all of a sudden, the scale started calling my name every morning. So yesterday, I decided to just stay on plan and away from the scale till Sunday, because it was unproductive for me to continue doing something that was derailing me, but nope this morning, I got on. <rolls eyes at self>. Your saying that you'd felt the same was really helpful. I feel less... like a crazy. I'm hoping I find a way to get to your zen attitude to daily weigh ins.

rainbowstripe: Thank you! I'm the same. I weigh less now than I did at 17 (~5 lbs less) which was the last time I felt... "not fat." But then I tried on the dress I wore to my graduation and yes it fit, but it was tight in the boobs and definitely more fitted than it was when I was 17. I have the same worries about goal but am basically still at that point where even just being overweight seems like an impossible dream, so I still have visions of being Toasted "Giselle Bundchen" Smoke (ok not really at all- lol) at goal! Thanks for being sooooooooo supportive. This site is like my outlet because I don't really talk to anyone at all about my struggles or feelings or anything really about my weightloss... so thanks for not making me feel like an *** for going off because of (admittedly very mean) numbers on a scale.

Overall after yesterday, I'm feeling a lot better. I felt better post-rant/whine, actually. But now I think I expended so much emotion over yesterday's weigh-in, that I have nothing left for today. I got on this morning and it said 204, and I felt... nothing. Like not bad, not good. Just nothing. It was weird. I guess I'm kind of over the scale for now in the sense that we're roommates and we speak, but we're not exactly buddies... we're... civil. I slacked off exercising yesterday (fell asleep early) and haven't yet exercised for Wednesday but I'm absolutely not allowed to go to bed till I do (even though it's 12:40a.m. and I plan to get up early to go for a run before work). So I better stop typing and get jamming... Turbo Jamming that is...

Wednesday Question: I ate dinner hours ago but it was on plan (planned it this morning) and it was stirfried* vegetables, grilled chicken breast and a green salad. It was yummy!

*actually veggies steamed with curry,spices, a dash of teriyaki sauce.

rainbowstripe
01-20-2011, 01:11 AM
toasted Glad you're feeling better! I love this site for the support as well, it's amazing. I swear I wouldn't be where I was without it. And I know what you mean about just overweight, I only recently crossed over from Obese to Overweight. Keep going, I'm sure you can channel Gisele!!

~It's Thursday here, tonights dinner = honey, soy, ginger, garlic pork steaks; lemon and mexican seasoned green beans; balsamic mushrooms...and maybe a little brown rice since my dad needs some complex carbs, he's diabetic and I'm at my parents place cooking for them.

skigirl84
01-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Sorry all its been a busy week! I haven't gotten here as much as I would like! I hope all of you are having a great week.

Last nights dinner was great...herb crusted filet mignon and carrots. We made it, my boyfriend is a great chef. He was craving steak so I said sure and just made him get me a small piece. It was so good!!!

I hit a great non weight goal this morning. I am currently wearing a pair of my skinniest pants!!! I had a few pants in my closet that I havent worn in over a year they were too tight. Well over the past few weeks I have been fitting into more of them. Last night my boyfriend was commenting on how great I was looking and I told him I still cant fit into one pair of pants. This morning I decided to try them on to see how much further I had to go....well they fit!! So I wore them today :) They are size 8, so I know offically am wearing several size 8 pants. That was one of my goals but now I'm wondering if thats enough. I am not at my weight goal but I'm happy with my size, and I am working out a lot more so I am much toned then the last time these clothes fit.

So my question to all of you do you have a goal size in mind? I know all brands or different but what size would you be happy with? I'm thinking I might go for size 6 now!

IrishRose
01-20-2011, 12:37 PM
It's been a strange morning and I keep thinking it's Friday for some reason.
Although I am glad it's not because I still have a million and one things to get done before the weekend.
I still have to put finnishing touches on the gowns (like snaps and a bit of beading, but nothing too major) and I need to tidy up the Townhouse again.
It's gonna be a major girly weekend and I am looking forward to it!
Although I know that staying on plan is definitely going to be a challenge

JennWantsToLose
01-20-2011, 02:13 PM
sorry i was gone this weekend ladies. no weigh-in. :( i had to go out of town and...well, everything is just a mess. by the time i got back the weigh-in was over. but the scale is climbing back down! so hopefully i'll register a big loss this weekend!

Krizstyling
01-20-2011, 05:07 PM
toasted - your post just touched my heart so much!!! THANK YOU!!! I write that blog and I know people read it but not people from this site so THANK YOU THANK YOU! You are so awesome =) You have come SO far! Why not celebrate how great you are looking? One thing that truly helps me is remembering my body before and now, I can't help but love every inch of it because it is loving me back, just like yours is! Changing for the better =)

That phantom fat thing is scary right? And like you said, not so phantom in our minds!

IrishRose - Keep on plan! You're going down and that's all you can ask of yourself. No cookie is worth the feeling you'll get when you get on that scale next week!

Same goes for the rest of you ladies, let's push through and win next week!

IrishRose
01-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Hey Ladies!
I want to apologize in advance because I am definitely plateauing this week. I am trying to plan ahead so that I can stay on plan this weekend. At least I'll be physically active all weekend between dancing on Saturday and then walking around San francisco shopping with my Mom and little sister on Sunday.
I am also thinking that after this weekend, things will be simmering down for me and I will be able to start up a gym routine again, so hopefully by next week I'll be able to put up a good number again

Jelbelle
01-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Hey everyone! Happy Friday!!! Tonight is Zumba class, therefore I love my Fridays. Big news though, I'm registered for my very first triathlon in June. .5 mile swim, 10.6 mile bike, 3 mile run. I'm pumped and practicing a TON! So I'm sorry I haven't had much time to lurk about the forums =( I definitely miss doing that.

IrishRose: Don't worry about it! We all have "plateau weeks" from time to time. I should be apologizing for the 1lb gain last week, but as long as we get up and over it again, it's all okay =) Persistance, not perfection!

rainbowstripe
01-22-2011, 09:37 PM
skigirl When I started this for real in July last year, I told my boyfriend and my parents I think it would be quite nice to just be a size 12 (New Zealand sizes, I think that's around a 10 US). I thought it would give me nicely proportioned curves...and I'd be happy. As it stands now, I'm between an NZ 14-16 in my hips (US 12-14) and a definite NZ 12 with my chest. If I didn't have boobs the size I do, I think I'd be fitting into a 10 (US 8) in some dresses and tops..so clearly my original thinking of a 12 was off! I'd love to fit that in pants/skirts sometime soon...but now I'm thinking that after I'm done, I'd like to be an NZ 8 or 10 (US 6 or 8). I can't imagine being that size, or any smaller... and I know I'll probably have different top and bottom sizes, but I think that seems like a good aim for me.

IrishRose Don't worry about the plateau! It happens, you'll get past it :)

Jelbelle YAY ZUMBA! I wish I could go to more than one class a week, but my instructor only does the one, and I think she's awesome and can imagine someone else doing it differently and I don't think I'd enjoy it quite as much! That's pretty awesome about the triathalon!

~Sunday here but I'll leave my weigh-in post til the morning tomorrow because I like that I kind of get that extra day sort of just in case I miraculously lose a little more over night. It's looking like a 1.1 pound loss for the week so far...not amazing, but I know it's slow going for me from here on out - which is just fine!

HotChildInTheCity
01-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Ok...I'm back, but you are all gonig to hate me :(
I've been down with the flu (and my tonsils are still big like a pair of tennis balls) ...I know that's NOT an excusse to cheat. But I did it....
I couldn't possibly gain that much weight...I promise I will have a great number following Sunday.
I'm so embarased...

Princess of the KING
01-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Okay guys- I'm back. It was finals week for me and I was totally gone but on the plus side I stuck to my plan and lsot 4 pounds!

I've been pretty frustrated because my mom who is overweight had not shown intrest in getting healthy- until last week! She went to the doctor and had a ton of tests and now she is losing weight with me :) I'm so excited to have a partner in this at home!

rainbowstripe
01-23-2011, 08:52 PM
HotChild Don't worry too much! Sometimes we need a little extra when we're sick. Hang in there!

Princess Congrats on the loss and gaining someone to journey along with you!

~Lost 2 pounds this week, pretty happy with that!

KimL1214
01-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Sunday & Monday Question~ I've asked this in previous challenges, but they often change... so... What is your dream goal outfit?

rainbowstripe
01-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Sunday & Monday Question~ I've asked this in previous challenges, but they often change... so... What is your dream goal outfit?

I can't really think of much I don't wear now that I would love to wear when smaller - I just can't wait for it all to look so much better on me!

Maybe a bodycon dress? I wouldn't wear one now... but then again I'm not sure I'd ever be comfortable wearing one, so we'll see!

HotChildInTheCity
01-24-2011, 05:56 AM
Thanks for your support rainbowstripe.
This morning my scale already showed -3lbs from yesterday. Which is only 0.5lbs higher than before I got sick.
Dream outfit...well, I don't have a dream outfit,just a dream dress size- size 8
Currently I'm size 14 (sometimes a 12 fits....and in rare moments I have to reach for 16...sigh)

Princess of the KING
01-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Sunday & Monday Question- I don't really have a dream outfit but my goal is to fit into this orange aeropostale polo and an pair of aeropostale jeans that i bought that don't fit. I have never gotten to wear them!

Princess of the KING
01-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Princess Congrats on the loss and gaining someone to journey along with you!

Thanks! She is keeping me on track- before I was like oh well its a cheat day and now I don't want to eat something that is going to mess up her day too!

amylou
01-24-2011, 04:50 PM
I changed diets last Friday. I struggled and struggled with just calorie counting. I weighed 189 on friday morning and I'm 184.4 this morning. SO nice.

Of course mother nature put a kabosh on it and my period showed up this morning. Eek! I have crazy cravings with pms and I'm praying i can hold on.

rainbowstripe
01-24-2011, 06:10 PM
HotChild Yay for getting back to where you were almost, you'll be there and beyond in no time!

Princess That's a great goal outfit - something you already own! I had a dress I bought and wanted to fit into - it's now too big, but when it did fit - turned out I didn't like it anymore haha.

amylou Hope your new plan works for you and that the TOM symptoms aren't too bad!

Princess of the KING
01-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Princess That's a great goal outfit - something you already own! I had a dress I bought and wanted to fit into - it's now too big, but when it did fit - turned out I didn't like it anymore haha.
!

I feel like I will never fit into it though! I haven't went down a size yet and it's pretty annoying =P

rainbowstripe
01-24-2011, 10:44 PM
Princess I wouldn't worry about that either...as discouraging as it may sound, it took me probably around 25 pounds to notice a significant change in size..but now I've seen 2 sizes off most places in the last 15 pounds or so - hang in there! We all change differently.

Princess of the KING
01-24-2011, 10:47 PM
I'm not too worried about it but It is annoying that my thighs seem to be getting smaller along with my bootay so my jeans are all loose there but the waist they fit just fine...grr! haha

rainbowstripe
01-25-2011, 02:39 AM
I wish I had that problem! Stupid thighs and stomach appear to not be shrinking, but my damn waist! URGH.

Princess of the KING
01-25-2011, 07:37 AM
I notice a difference in my stomach but I don't think its enough to warrant a new wardrobe....darn!

KimL1214
01-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Wednesday Question~ Do you have a favorite healthy crockpot recipe? Care to share?

rainbowstripe
01-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Wednesday Question~ Do you have a favorite healthy crockpot recipe? Care to share?

Sorry, no haha. I have not yet used the crockpot while cooking for myself - there isn't one at my boyfriends house, and I usually don't get to my parents house in enough time to use a crockpot if I'm cooking there :) But I'll be interested to see other people's ideas!

KimL1214
01-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Thursday Question~ No Crockpot recipes!!?? Let's try a regular healthy recipe... Care to share?

IrishRose
01-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Hey Ladies!
Sorry I have been MIA the past week or so. Between my crazy busy weekend last week and an insanely stress filled week at work this week, its been hard to find the time.
I am currently in a state of re-evaluation in terms of weight loss. Weight loss-- for some reason the thought has been making me cringe lately. I am shifting my focus from the numbers on the scale to how I feel. I want to feel healthy and strong and good about my body. I've been working out a lot more lately and am eating a lot less processed garbage. Not only does my food taste better but I feel better after eating it.
I know doing this the numbers on the scale will eventually go down, but I feel good knowing that I am taking care of my body and I am not constantly stressed about "losing enough weight".

rainbowstripe
01-29-2011, 08:29 PM
IrishRose I think it's good to change how you think about things if you find yourself unhappy about what is currently happening/your current plan/even having a plan!

~I hope everyone is still doing ok despite the lack of chat! It's Sunday afternoon here in New Zealand so I'm going to post my weigh-in from this morning now, as I won't be around tomorrow - off to a music festival! Pretty happy with how my loss is going :D

toastedsmoke
01-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Hey everyone! I'm so sorry I've been sooo... Absent. I've actually been around lurking even though I haven't really posted.

I hope everyone is doing well and everything is going awesome.

Hotchild: great job bouncing back so quickly from last weeks weigh in. I hope you're feeling better and had a great week this week!

Princess: congrats on having your mom join you. I'm sort of helping my mom out with her journey too and it IS great to have the support but I always feel bad cracking the whip with her because I worry about turning into like her food police. It makes it easier to have a partner though, I definitely agree on that. As for the clothes sizes, it took me like 40lbs to actually feel the need to change clothes. I mean obviously clothes fit looser and were baggier but it didn't get ridiculous till like 40-50lbs. But since then I definitely see bigger changes in clothes sizes with 5-10lb changes.

Amylou: what diet are you now doing in addition to calorie counting. Well done on the progress with that so far! That's amazing!

IrishRose: I think your feelings are definitely valid. I've gotten to that point several times in this journey (have been on this weightloss journey for 2years now-only about 11months total of that time actually focused on weightloss) where I can't just bare to think about it anymore so I definitely understand. I think you've identified what your game plan is re: being healthier and that sounds good. Although I never managed to lose weight when I wasn't as focused on diet and exercise, I never gained any weight either by just eyeballing things... And I didn't even have the commitment of eating cleaner that you do. I'm sure you're going to do excellently. :hug: re: the life stress you're going through right now. I hope everything gets better soon for you!

Rainbowstripe: you're doing awesome so consistently with weigh INS! Congrats on this week! Have an awesome time at the festival!

Weigh In went ok today. After 3weeks bouncing between 199 and 209 but mostly in the 202s, in spite of being on plan with workouts and weighing and measuring every bite, I'm finally 200. I have seen Onederland a couple of times but can't claim it because 1.) it wasn't on an official weigh in day, amd 2.) it hasn't stuck :( I'm so emotionally exhausted by the scale over the last 3 weeks that although I'm pleased with the loss this week, I don't really have it in me to be that psyched or anything anymore. I'll just keep plugging away. Everything else is what it is!

Here's hoping everyone has excellent weigh INS and amazing weeks! Go Team Red Lace!!!

Princess of the KING
01-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Toasted I feel the same way about the food police thing. I'm almost afraid if I crack the whip too much she will give up on me. Like its too hard? maybe?
I went clothes shopping because I needed new jeans. I was down to 1 pair from wearing them too much and was sorta sad I didn't go down a size but the first 2 pairs I tried on I liked and bought. I can get the next size on (its tight) but it won't button!

skigirl84
01-31-2011, 08:44 AM
Sorry about being MIA this past week team. I have been really stressed over an exam I have to take, I didnt pass the first time and I have had a tough time getting motivated to give up my free time again to study for another 3 months. I was eating my way through study sessions which was not a good thing. I had a little loss as of last Sunday then woke up Monday to have gained several pounds, it was bad. I wasn't eating on plan at all. I didnt lose anything this week according to the challenge but my weight has come back down to a my norm lately 159.2 and I plan on staying on plan again this week and have a big loss to show for it!

Krizstyling
01-31-2011, 11:56 AM
Hey everyone! Just checking in after this weeks weigh-in! Seems everyone is doing SO AWESOME!

Rainbow - You're kicking a$$!!!

Toasted - 200!!! AHHH! You are SO close, DO allow yourself to get excited, HELLO! You're down 75lbs. YOU need to be your biggest cheerleader! EFF what the scale says about bouncing around. If it said 200 BE HAPPY! Because YOU did that! You and NO ONE else!

___

I FINALLY broke through to the 160's today and weighed-in at 168.4 so I'm happy with that! Hoping to be 164.something by Valentine's Day so I gotta step up my game!!! Esp if I wanna be 155.something by the time my boot camp challenge ends on March 5th. UGH!!! Too many motivating factors lol...can you ever have enough?

rainbowstripe
01-31-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the encouragement guys!

I had an off day yesterday but I'm right back on track today, as I had planned to be, just like yesterday was kind of a planned off day!

My last weigh-in was my goal for Valentine's day, but I'm happy to see how much more I can lose by then! I'm going to take a guess at around 3 pounds..maybe..haha.

Krizstyling
02-02-2011, 03:41 AM
Where is everyone from Team Red Lace at? Pink chat is going strong, come on ladies!

rainbowstripe
02-02-2011, 04:39 AM
Kriz I'm still around but feel silly posting right after a post by me haha... I dunno what happens with these challenges, but one team is always way more enthusiastic than the other!

Krizstyling
02-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Kriz I'm still around but feel silly posting right after a post by me haha... I dunno what happens with these challenges, but one team is always way more enthusiastic than the other!

I know right? I wonder how the teams are divided? It's all very interesting lol! Well, how are you doing this week? I always find if by Wednesday I am still on plan then I am probably going to succeed through Friday, it's the weekends that frighten me!

rainbowstripe
02-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Kriz Unfortunately this week I started off with a high calorie day on Monday (I calorie count) and have been kind of making up for it since. It's Thursday here now, and I've yet to do any exercise this week as well - so I'm not doing brilliantly but still hoping for a loss...I've just lost a bit of the will to exercise, have been so tired and a little bit down this week for some reason!
I get the weekend fear! Socialising etc!

toastedsmoke
02-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Hey Team. Yeah it HAS been kinda quiet here. I'm sure there are a few like me who are lurking but not necessarily posting. I'm doing okay so far this week. I had planned to up my calories this challenge (to about 1600) but then the 1st week I did that I lost nothing so i got scared and went back to eating low cal (12-1300ish) but I really do want to up my cals, I'm just almost afraid to do so...

Kriz: Well done with being on plan so far this week! I agree that weekends are a bit tougher, but I think they're not that bad for me because I usually take one "free" day (usually Sunday, but it can be Friday or Saturday too) every weekend which is not really a free-for-all (i still sort of count) but I can eat at maintenance calories (currently about 2200cal) that day and it can be used on whatever.

rainbowstripe: how was the festival (other than the resultant high calorie day)? Congrats on meeting your Val's day goal!! I think you'll probably have made up for Monday by the weekend and can definitely make it to your new goal!!! Well done you!!! About not exercising this week yet, I find that sometimes when I take a few days off exercising, when I go back to it, I'm more motivated can go longer, and just feel better doing it. I also tend to lose a little bit more weight a week I take a break. So maybe it's not all that bad yet. Its only a few days, maybenlook at it as a little break.I think I may take a few days off next week actually, because I've been feeling a little burned out recently.

Let's go team! Only a week and a half left!!! we can beat the Pink Silks even if they are chattier than we are! ;) Go Team Red Lace!!!

rainbowstripe
02-03-2011, 04:34 AM
toastedsmoke Aside from an argument that is only semi-resolved with my boyfriend, the festival was a lot of fun! I've been working hard this week to make up for my high calorie day, and have probably succeeded. Will peek at the scale tomorrow to see! If I were you I would definitely up my calories - you may see a small gain to begin with, but I think you'll keep losing on a higher level eventually. Thanks for the encouragement re the exercise!

toastedsmoke
02-03-2011, 06:36 AM
rainbowstripe: oops about the unresolved argument. That must have made things extra interesting. Hopefully, you rock tomorrows progress weigh-in. I think I'm definitely going to up my calories, I'm trying to be around 1400-1600 starting yesterday but I think after this challenge ends I'm going to start calorie cycling around the 1600 range.

I've been doing the Turbo Jam maximum results program (in addition to regular 2x a week jogging routine and occasional yoga) an it ends on Sunday so afterwards I think I'll take a bit of a break next week and just do maybe 2 days jogging. I can't wait for that break. My legs feel tired, I'm exhausted, I know (I've worked out every single day the last 4weeks and I'm so done) so I'm really looking forward to next week. Also looking forward to next week because I get to do measuremets to see the result of following the Turbo Jam workout plan. I've been dying to do them to just peek and see, but I've not allowed myself to cheat and check yet. But Sunday or Monday, I'll be all over that.

In other news with me, my contract with work is coming to an end and they're having funding issues so they can't afford to pay me anymore unless I want to stick around on a volunteers stipend... I'm a bit stressed about the whole thing but not as massively so as I thought I would be. I'm not quite sure what to do next with my life and it's all kind of quarter life crisis. I think I want to start a business maybe but I'm scared of being self-employed and worried no one will take me seriously and also what if I fail. I'm also thinking of going back to school to do a phd and just get into academia, but I would have like a bit more work experience before I did that. My oldest friend is turning 25 next week (I don't do that for another few months thank goodness!!!) and it's freaking me out. She's much in much same QLC as I am and I think we freak out because 10years ago we had it all figured out and we didn't plan on being this confused now! Anyway...

So that's what's going on with me right now. How's everyone doing, weightloss-wise and non-weightloss-wise. I hope everyone is doing ok in every way and having a great week. Lurkers please post if you can even just to say hello. Take care and as always Go Team Phoenix!!!

KimL1214
02-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Hey ladies! I know I'm insanely late with stats this week... the storm slammed us Tuesday and Wednesday, so I haven't been able to get to a computer until today as power has been an issue! I'm staying late after school today to get everyone's stats done, so they should be up later this afternoon! Sorry again for being late!

rainbowstripe
02-03-2011, 06:49 PM
toasted Oh no, I hope things sort out with your work situation, that kind of thing can be really scary (as is turning 25, that scares me also, but I have til October!). Did not rock the progress weigh in haha... but it's ok, no gain either so I'm happy. Still have til Sunday! (or Monday if I cheat and go by US time haha).

Krizstyling
02-03-2011, 07:55 PM
toasted - Ah, work can be so frustrating and really derail even the most determined person. Remember everything you are doing is for YOU and for the long run. Stay on track girl. Please keep us updated with that situation, I know you'll be in my prayers!! I truly believe when one door closes, another opens.

rainbow - No gain is a plus!!! Like you said, you have until Sunday so that's a good thing =) As for the argument, boyfriends suck lol. No but really, I love mine it's just...as we've grown older we've learned there are some things we are NEVER going to agree on so when we get mad at each other, we text it out. Even if we are in the same room. I write out my points in text and he writes out his points, then it's sorta like a game. Who is right? Who is wrong? It always works out and one of us always apologizes. Main rule of thumb? NEVER go to bed angry! That is the worst! I hope you guys have resolved it!!

__

I'm doing okay...kinda nervous cuz next week (Wed) I leave to go to Illinois to visit the fam and I already know how they eat...I've got a week reserved in a gym there so I'll be working out 2hrs a day (instead of my normal one) since I don't have to work. So while they are all at work, I'll be taking a class and swimming each for an hour. The food is what scares me! ALLLL of my childhood restaurants...I haven't had in years are goin to be right at my doorstep...I'm frightened butttt

this weekend (Sunday) is the halfway weigh in of our boot camp challenge. The goal was to be down 8-10lbs since the start 4 weeks ago. I'm praying I can do it!!! As of last weight in, I was about a pound away from 8lbs down so hopefully I can go somewhere in the middle and get 9lbs down. Make sense? I'm rambling! LOL

As of Sunday we only have 4 more weeks left in the challenge and the WHOLE goal was to lose 16-20lbs total. So as long as I can get down to 8lbs at the halfway point, I SHOULD be able to pull out 16 at the VERY least.

rainbowstripe
02-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Kriz Thanks for the advice! I actually find sometimes it's a lot easier to write what I mean/my feelings out in a text or email or via email chat because I can process my thoughts better when they're coming directly from my brain to my fingers. I know that sounds insane, but I think I can probably type faster than I can talk so it works out well for me! Going to bed angry was definitely silly of me...but the funny thing is that he didn't even realise I was annoyed. Hah. Silly boys. I do love him a lot, things are mostly sorted now. I just need to remind him that sometimes I need verbal affirmations that I am important to him! Good luck for your weigh in this weekend!! Half way through boot camp, go you! I hope you do well with your family next week - it will be hard, but I'm sure you'll do it! You've come so far - if you can, have a few off plan nibbles - and get right back on plan! Or if you can't (because you won't be able to stop) just do your best while you're there. Planning the extra exercise is great - you do an hour all the time, that makes me feel so lazy hah!

KimL1214
02-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Next challenge sign ups are here... (Click me!) (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/224808-20-somethings-tbl-sliding-into-spring-challenge-sign-ups.html)

toastedsmoke
02-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Hey ladies, guess what I'm in Onederland. I've had 2 consistent weighins (yesterday-198.5 and today-198) so I think I'm going to own it! It's very exciting!!! I mean I don't think I look any different from last week but I'm no longer over 200lbs and I think that's psychologically different somehow...to me anyways... The last time i weighed this low i was 12 yeard old/ im the 8th grade. Getting here has been really tough and I've whined and complained these last few pounds to Onederland so I'm really appreciative of my Team Red Lace peeps who've encouraged and supported and understood and born the brunt of my bad attitude in general!

Rainbow: I sometimes "cheat"/do weigh ins on Monday mornings to give myself a bit more time. ;)

Kriz: Thanks for the encouragement and the thoughts and prayers! It's hard not to freak out but I'm trying to ensure it doesn't get to me. I may not be able to control life things right now, but at least I can control what goes into my mouth and what good decisions I make for myself both plan wise and non-plan wise! About this weeks trip, I'm sure you'll do fine! You must be sooo excited about the visit though! It's hard traveling and being away from routine. I've never really managed to do more than maintain on trips but I guess one thing you could do would be to decide what you're going to eat before you eat out.

I wish everyone an awesome on-plan week! This is it Team Red Lace, the final week, we can do it!!!

rainbowstripe
02-06-2011, 04:57 PM
toasted Yay for onederland!! That is such an awesome achievement! And thanks for the lovely comment over in the photo thread!

~About to go post my weigh in. I think I always get disappointed if I lose 2 pounds one week and then only 1 pound another week - when in all reality, the 1 pound weeks are far more common haha.

KimL1214
02-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Sunday & Monday question~ Last week of our challenge! Have you seen the success you hoped for? If yes, what was the biggest change you made to help you see that success? If no, what will you change for the next challenge? Will we see you in the next challenge?

rainbowstripe
02-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Sunday & Monday question~ Last week of our challenge! Have you seen the success you hoped for? If yes, what was the biggest change you made to help you see that success? If no, what will you change for the next challenge? Will we see you in the next challenge?

I've done ok this challenge. Would have like to have seen more loss but I think that's partially due to the fact I'm losing slower now, and partially due to my not exercising as much these past few weeks.
I haven't signed up for the next challenge yet as I'm not sure if I want to do it...for the past 2 I've been in the non-chatty teams and I would like to have a little more chattiness...but I dunno, I guess I better decide soon!

Krizstyling
02-07-2011, 11:38 PM
I've done ok this challenge. Would have like to have seen more loss but I think that's partially due to the fact I'm losing slower now, and partially due to my not exercising as much these past few weeks.
I haven't signed up for the next challenge yet as I'm not sure if I want to do it...for the past 2 I've been in the non-chatty teams and I would like to have a little more chattiness...but I dunno, I guess I better decide soon!

hahaha can I just copy and paste this?! PLEASE? This is exactly what I would have written. LOL

rainbowstripe
02-08-2011, 03:39 AM
Kriz Go ahead :P

Princess of the KING
02-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Okay so I'm back! I got super busy with school and just general life. I stopped counting calories for about a week or so. The scale shows it :( I'm back on track today. :)

Sunday& Monday Question- I saw the progress I wanted at the begining but towards the end I have gotten off track and undid all the hard work I have done!

toastedsmoke
02-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Hey team! Sorry I was away pretty much all week! I wasn't even lurking as usual. I just had shady internet, shoddier than usual electricity, and was super busy with work (this is my last month), job applications, looking into what it takes to start a business and just a myriad other things. I WAS on-plan though, I just feel bad I wasn't really a good team member in terms of communication this week...

Sunday and Monday Question: I've kind of achieved my goal for the challenge which was really to get into Onederland. I wanted 197 but I've held steady in the 198s all week and TOM is on final weigh in day tomorrow so I don't expect exactly what I want but we'll see though. It's been okay though. I've seen a benefit from eating a little more and calorie cycling the past few weeks, I think I was losing kinda slowly before because I was eating maybe a little too little for the amount of exercise I was doing.
As far as joining the next challenge, I'm not sure yet. I cosign exactly what Kriz and rainbow said. I'm leaning towards it for the accountability. This has been my 2nd challenge. My first time I was in the chatty group (which made me a little chattier myself) AND I also had a little less life stress going on (so I maybe had a little more time for chattiness). This time around hasn't been that chatty apart from maybe a couple of people, but the support and encouragement has still been there as well as of course, the accountability. I need to decide whether I'll be able to commit to participating in a team and sharing and contributing around the end of the month, because I wouldn't want to sign up and disappear or not participate fully etc, and around that time, stuff will be going on for me, related to no longer being employed... So basically, I'm not sure yet!

rainbowstripe
02-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Look at us all not being sure! I'm leaning toward no at the moment. I feel like sometimes I overcommit myself on here and then feel so (urgh forgot the word...) like I have to come on here or I'm letting people down. I chat a lot in the chat threads, and have a little accountability thread too...plus I guess I don't really push myself anymore for these challenges which I feel a little guilty about.
Also I don't like the idea of beating people. Hah, I know, sounds stupid...but I had an experience last night where another family member who is trying to lose weight asked me my current weight and then proceeded to gloat and say she weighs less now - and this is an over 50 year old woman...I just wanted to tell her that I wasn't trying to compete with her! I'm in this for me...
Anyway I have enjoyed the challenge anyway and met some more lovely ladies on this site! Hoping to post a good loss for final weigh in tomorrow (I'm doing the whole wait til Monday here since it's still Sunday most other places :D)

toastedsmoke
02-14-2011, 04:43 PM
rainbow: I'm the opposite. I'm an extremely competitive non-competitor. I constantly have to remind myself that I'm not in competition with anyone else. It really is a miserable way to be. I get the "letting people down" thing. I haven't been as active in this BL challenge and I kind of feel bad about it. I'm leaning towards joining the next challenge for the accountability but again I'm not sure about the commitment. By the way, I think I would faint if any of my relatives asked me what I weighed. The skinny minis!

I did an extra cheat day and did the final weigh in today and yup like I said, i'm still 1lb away from where I wanted to be <sigh> with TOM and everything. I wanted to be at 197 (in the 80s in kg) but nope still at 90kg on the dot (198). It's fine though. It's not a race. I'll get there. It's still a thrill every time I step on the scale and see a onederland number and it's exciting knowing I'm only like 8lbs from being overweight. :carrot:

This challenge has been fun. I hope we get to hang out in other challenges and/or around 3fc. Good luck with everything ladies! And happy weight loss journey! Ooooh and happy valentine's day too!!!

Krizstyling
02-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Sorry I missed the last week guys! I was out of town visiting family!!! UGH! SO MAD!

KimL1214
02-18-2011, 10:54 AM
In-Between Challenges Chat is here... (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/225744-20-somethings-tbl-between-challenges-chat.html)