20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

skigirl Your story made me giggle, go you!

HotChild I'm not that excited for the first weigh in - I managed to maintain throughout the Christmas and New Year's period, but I'm still maintaining hah! No loss yet!

~Thursday's question: I am actually surprised that I don't argue with myself all that often. The only times I ever kind of question my behaviour in regards to food/exercise is when I do something like...drink 3 alcoholic drinks when I know I shouldn't have or when I don't exercise and I know I've got the time. But I don't beat myself up too much because I know that getting stressed over it is probably worse for me in the long run.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:38 PM   #47  

Just stopping by - I was late to the weigh-in because my kids were sick....and now DH has it! ACK. Strep is painful.

I'm doing pretty well...trying to keep off the scale so I don't sabotage myself. I ate within my calories today but didn't honestly end up with the right balance of foods cause I'm HANGRY tonight. I have a headache too so I think I'm going to turn in early. I did also get my 120 ounces of water in too.

Off to bed...hope everyone has a great night!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:23 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I missed wednesdays question but today it was a lovely bone chilling high of 28 and snowy!
thursdays question: I argue with myself if I really need that candy bar or the french fries. I try to argue until it's too late to eat it haha
Old 01-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 167/Ticker/147

Height: 5'-2"

ugg I'm not looking forward to weigh in this weekend. I was doing great over the holidays and my lost a little from this weekend until Wednesday but the past three days I have been up to 162 from 160, I dont know whats going on! I have been doing what I did before the holidays but its just not working now. Hmmm going to need to change something this is getting frustrated!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 250/221/145

Height: 5'8

Happy Friday Red Team!!
Anyone have any big plans for the weekend?

I need to get my butt in gear and do some more work on the gowns I am making for the upcoming ball.
One of best friends is coming over tonight for her first fitting. I hope that she likes it, I've been extra worried about her dress because she is a curvy girl and while on the surface she wouldn't strike you as someone with body or self esteem issues I know she sometimes feels like the "big girl" in our group. Which is absolutely crazy because we are the same size and I actually weigh more than her (we just have very different body types). Anyways I just hope that she feels beautiful in the dress.

Anyways just checking in- hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #51  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Krizstyling: I live in Nigeria (I'm from there) but when I first moved back this way from the States last year (late 2009) I worked in Ghana on a reproductive health project with Liberian refugees in Ghana (go figure! And yeah Liberians are mostly cool peoples )and actually did go to Monrovia once. Everyone there said it's improving daily and it WAS fine so I hope you and the boyf get to go there eventually.

rainbowstripes: Thanks!!! I totally dread going back to work next week. I'm also struggling with keeping my calories strict especially coming off the last couple of weeks. I've not been truly bad but I've had quite a few unplanned 1800cal days. So I totally understand!!!! How's it going now?? Are you more on track now?

skigirl84: I lol'ed sooooo hard at your story. But well done on making a good decision. I bet you didn't regret not having the soda afterwards!!! Yay self-talk even though sometimes it makes us neurotic.

HotChildInTheCity: Thank you!!! Happy Christmas!!! I hope you had a good one and have a great weigh in this weekend!!!

IrishRose: Ayyyy I wish I could sew and do anything crafty or even draw a straight line with a ruler!!! These things are not my strong point. But I really do wish I could make myself clothes!!! That's tres cool that you can! I've got my fingers crossed that the fitting goes well for your friend. I'm boring so have no plans yet for the weekend.

I'm not particularly psyched for this weekends weigh in because i havent been as sharp as i'd have liked although i did see a new low of 204.5lbs this morning but i dont trust it so will just have to wait and see on Sunday... Not very optimistic though...I finally worked out today for the first time since Dec 27 and thankfully it wasn't as bad as I expected. I did a 45-minute jog and I'd been worried that I'd lost fitness not having run in a while but bad cold/congested lungs/coughing my brains out notwithstanding it was actually not a bad go. I also tried out my new running shoes (my first ever proper running shoes) and I have to say, they hurt my feet a bit and made me "feel" my knees (not too badly with the latter) but I'm sure they'll be fine once I've broken them in. Another tmi side effect of the run was that it provided a bit of congestion relief when I got back so that's always good!

Thursday's Question: I always argue with myself after the fact when the damage has already bees done when it's pretty much pointless. Yup self-recrimination is a "beach."

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 01-07-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #52  

IrishRose Making gowns! That sounds awesome, you must be pretty talented!

Toasted I'm back on track in terms of the amount of calories I'm consuming, but not so much as to where I'm getting them...I've had pizza, fries, a donut this morning...but I am still keeping within my limits so I think that is at least an improvement! Go you on the 45 minute jog! New running shoes are always fun as well, I don't know if I need some or not...how long do you wear yours before getting new ones?

~I'm not that excited for weigh-in, though I'm hoping for a small loss..we'll see. I won't be weighing in until Monday morning but I think that will still be Sunday for most of the rest of you, so shouldn't be too behind in posting my weight. I'm about to go for a walk (probably won't be that long, just to go rent a dvd with my dad) but will hopefully get back into proper exercise on Monday, starting with a jog after work and Zumba on Tuesday.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #53  

I weighed in this morning and had dropped weight. However...I did it again BUT this time it sunk in what I'm doing to sabotage myself.

I weigh in and find myself at a lower number....so I freak out and "reward" myself with a cheat meal. Thankfully this time I still only ate 1433 calories today (my goal is 1300-1500 so I was within my calories) but still...I've got to stop rewarding my accomplishments with food!

How does anyone else reward yourself?
Old 01-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #54  

amylou What do you mean you freak out at the lower numbers? Do they scare you? If I make some semi-significant milestone or I'm feeling particularly proud of myself I'll do something like...get a new fun nail polish colour or go and treat myself to a massage at a place in the mall. Or if it's not possible to do that kind of thing, I promise myself to spend some "me" time, doing something I enjoy, like watching a favourite dvd with my boyfriend or reading a book.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #55  

Amylou I totally get it. I gained half the weight I lost at the beginning of last year through self sabbotage. But for me what happened was I would eat something crappy and then weigh myself the next morning and find I didn't immediately shoot up 5 pounds over night so I would tempt the fates and do it again. It turned into a viscous cycle. So here we are 30 pounds up from the original 60 I had lost. Ugh!
I would say find something you love and reward yourself that way. I have a Kindle and when I have a good week I'll reward myself with a new book.
I am super excited about tomorrows weigh in! It's my first week really back on track and I'm already 9 pounds down! Woot. I love that start success although I've done this long enough that I know by next week it will level off considerably... Oh well I'm ridin the wave while I can
Old 01-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #56  
I'm what I set out to be

S/C/G: 179/ticker/not quite sure

Height: 5'9''

Before the first weigh-in I have mixed feelings...
And maybe I can relate with what you guys are talking about...I weighed yesterday and had an awesome number on the scale, but I've eaten too much last night....as I already said, we celebrate Christmas Jan 7th, and I went overboard on that Christmas dinner... However today was good, I ate less calories than I normally plan to, I ate lots of fiber, drank lots of water and had a great workout (I actually kept saying to my self 'last chance workout', lol) so I hope I've undone the damage, and that I'll be at that awesome number again tomorrow morning...

And thanks toasted smoke

Last edited by HotChildInTheCity; 01-08-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

Amylou - I do this also. Exactly the way that Irish Rose said, I'll eat something not so good and then my weight might still be down the next morning, so I'll do it again. I think we all need to quit that!

I'm hoping for a good number tomorrow morning. I've done pretty well with sticking to my gym schedule this week and watching my calories. Finally starting to feel like I am back on plan.

Oh, just so you all know, I am a bit flaky about keeping up with these chats. I forget to check in for a couple of days and then get overwhelmed. So, if you post to me and I don't answer for ages, I'm sorry!

Last edited by audri8301; 01-08-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #58  

Ok so I had a good dinner last night, good breakfast this morning (it's 11.40am on Sunday here), I have a fairly decent lunch with me here and work and NO idea what I'll be eating for dinner. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning which will still be Sunday for most people, so I'm fine with the weigh-in time - I won't get to my usual weigh scales til then hah.
I'm hoping so much for a loss, purely for the fact that I've consumed far less calories this week than I did on my crazy holiday week. Good luck everyone!
Old 01-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Weigh in tomorrow ladies!!! Best behavior tonight!!! I know everyone is going to do GREAT!
Old 01-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #60  

I'm working at our Airport office today (the last day in my seven day in a row stretch). And I just know that tomorrow will be a good day. I do soooo much walking around at this office because all the lots are a bit of a hike, plus its in a secluded area so I don't really have access to food. But I will say that about 40 minutes ago the Milk Duds in the vending machine were starting to call to me. But I resisted, thank goodness!
After my shift I am going grocery shopping. I hope I can find some good deals on frozen dinners (they are my go to with my crazy schedule).
Closed Thread