20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #76  
47 Pounds To Go!

S/C/G: 165/162/115

Height: 5'5" Age: 22

irish - that's a great reward! sorry that your dress woes have you stressing.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Height: 5'6"

Thanks audri and HotChild ^_^ that made my day!!!

Sunday's Question:
I thought this week was going to be a real drag, but it perked up a bit. I'm excited about school tomorrow; I'm just ready to get into the semester, and the familiar groove of school life again! Also, started to work on my Comic Con costume! Now THAT was super exciting.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #78  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

audri8301: Thanks!!!! Congrats on your loss!!! Team Red Lace rocked it last week and hopefully we'll all get amazing losses so we can rock it even harder this week!!!

Jelbelle: Wowsers chica!!! You are gorgeous!!! And I agree with hotchild, you look wayyy tinier than 190. I wish I'll look that good at 190! Well done you!! I lurk on your blog and sort of follow your posts here and you really are an inspiration!!!

IrishRose: Sorry about the dress stress!!! No matter how well I'm doing, there's something about trying on a too-tight article of clothing that seems to in my mind at least negate all the good work I've done and really crush the spirit. It sucks! I'm sending superfastsewing internet pixie dust and prayers so you get everything done and hopefully with all the good work(weightless-wise) you've done so far, I hope you feel BEAUTIFUL at your ball in a couple of weeks! The only sad thing is that with the dress you ordered by the time you'll have need of a ball gown again it'll be wayyyyyy too big and so you probably won't ever be able to use it... which actually isn't that sad...

Sunday's Question: The first week was by my previous standards pretty lax with food and exercise. I didn't go crazy, but at the same time I was not really that strict with exercising (I think I only exercised once when I went on one run) AND my calories were up to probably about the 1600-1800 range over the week but what do you know, I made a loss way above what my average loss pattern is when I'm serious ( usually 90-120minutes of exercise 6 days a week on 1000-1300 calories). So this month I'm going to do an experiment and up my calories and reduce my exercise a bit (I'm thinking 1500-1800 calories and no more than 70 minutes of exercise 6 days a week) and see how that affects my weight.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 250/221/145

Height: 5'8

Thanks toasted and everyone! I am going to go home in about half an hour, brew a giant pot of coffee and set to work! I'll post some pictures of the ball in a few weeks so you guys can see-- it's a period dress ball (Edwardian style, although people seem to come in whatever they deem period dress- LOL! I'm not a snob or anything but I majored in costume production and design in college so I know the difference. LOL! )
Also as others said AWESOME JOB EVERYONE on the losses this last week!!!
Let's keep it going!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:43 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 160/163/120

Height: 5'2"

Yay, 1st place! Great job Team Red Lace Toastedsmoke, congrats on being the week's biggest loser!

IrishRose, your period ball sounds exciting! I hope you'll post pics
Old 01-11-2011, 04:06 AM   #81  
I'm what I set out to be

S/C/G: 179/ticker/not quite sure

Height: 5'9''

First, congratulations everyone for the great week! Woohoo!

For the past two days, I've been half-sabotaging myself... I've stayed within my calories but I wasn't eating very healthy...a biscuit here, a chocolate bar there... Sunday was a planned rest day, but yesterday I also skipped working out. I'm somehow in a rut with food too.... All because of the stupid exam I really should have passed, and I studied and I thought I knew everything, but they changed a lot of questions and made it twice as hard as it was previous year and now I'm not sure will I pass....
Old 01-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 167/Ticker/147

Height: 5'-2"

Yay team!! Congrats on a successful week everyone, lets do it again next week!

IrishRose I cant wait to see the dresses, you sound very talented, I can barely hem pants when they are too long on me!

HotChildInTheCity I feel your pain on the exam thing! Good luck I hope you did better than you think! I found out over New Years vacation that I didnt pass a huge exam I had to take and I have to retake it now in April. I was so bummed I felt like it wasnt worth it to go to the gym and keep trying to lose weight. I gained about 5 lbs studying last time because I would snack whenever I studied. I decided this time around I will keep going to the gym even if its only twice a week I will do it for me and not let studying take over everything again!

This week is already off to a much better start. I had a personal training session last night and I mentioned in the beginning I felt like things were finally starting to get easier and I was feeling good about it. Apparently that was the key word my trainer was looking for to really step it up. I do strength training and cardio conidtioning with him. I actually thought I might throw up at one point last night it was soooo intense! My whole body was shaking when I got home and didnt stop until I had dinner. However it paid off big time, that workout finally got me over my plateau.....I woke up to 158.8 on the scale this morning! Thats 2lbs since Sundays weigh in. I am so excited, I hope I can keep the losses going for the rest of the week!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #83  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Yay!! Toasted, congrats on the win! And congrats to the rest of you ladies for helping push us to victory! Let's do it again next week! Stay motivated!

Skigirl - AWESOME work out! I love love working out when you push yourself like that. I try to go so hard until I feel like I know I need to stop or I'll puke or get dizzy or whatever (never puked or got dizzy, just like RIGHT before I feel that). It helps you push through that wall of "I can't do it" when YES YOU CAN. I see some girls at the place I go who just do the minimum and aren't pushing themselves and I'm like, why waste time? Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!

As for me, today I weighed myself (not my official weigh-in day) and it said 173.6. I stepped on 3 more times to make sure, I am totally excited! I just want out of the 170's so bad....seriously haven't been this weight in over 6+ years and I never really weighed myself so that is guessing that in college I might have been this small. I have no idea if I was but it's the last time I can remember fitting a size 10 jean lol. We'll see if I can stick it out until my official weigh in next Monday!

Anyway, I hope you girls are staying on plan! For those in the midwest and east coast, watch out for the snow! I am NOT looking forward to the snow fall we are supposed to be getting. That just means boot camp will be canceled and I hate working out in our small apartment!

Last edited by Krizstyling; 01-11-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #84  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Tuesday Question~ I know that some of you are not big fans of exercise, so tell us what your least hated exercise is, otherwise, what is your favorite form of exercise?
Old 01-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 250/221/145

Height: 5'8

It's funny that Tuesdays question was about exercise because I was just thinking today about how I should start going to the gym again.I'm just not ready to commit to it again yet...
In general my least hated exercise is walking or running outside or on the treadmill. Although I will say that my most favorite exercise I have ever done was when I took this Afro Brazilian dance class in college. My instructor was amazing and I have never been so limber in my life- LOL!
Old 01-11-2011, 01:13 PM   #86  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimL1214 View Post
Tuesday Question~ I know that some of you are not big fans of exercise, so tell us what your least hated exercise is, otherwise, what is your favorite form of exercise?
I love medicine balls! LOVE LOVE THEM! My favorite exercise is the twist. I forget the name of it but you sit on your butt with feet out in front of you with heels JUST off of the ground and hold the medicine ball and bring it to your left, touch ground, right touch ground and so on and so on, it's SO great! I have a serious belief that this is why my love handles have shrunken SO much.

Last edited by Krizstyling; 01-11-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
I'm not a huge fan but sometimes I enjoy it. I got into jogging/running late last year, and I really began to enjoy that, though I'm yet to take my first run this year yet. I also find Zumba really enjoyable just because I go, it's an hour long, my instructor is really friendly but pushes us, and it's over before I know it!

~Doing well so far this week with calories and exercise, did my 1 hour Zumba class last night and just did a 55 minute workout dvd. Food is going well, have had some delicious and nutritious meals so far this week.
Congrats everyone on a great first week and lets make this one great too!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
My very favorite thing to do is Turbo Kick, but my gym took if off the schedule. :-( So now my favorite is Body Combat, similar to TK, but not as dancey.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #89  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

It's wayyyy late here but i've finally gotten work out in (yay 2am workouts due to procrastination). It's weird but I recently decided to up my calorie intake and I'm eating at the new level I set but it freaks me out... Every meal feels like a binge even though I know it's not really; I'm seriously thinking of going back to my former calorie intake because it's really messing with my mind. I think also added to that I feel like I'm not yet back where I want to be with exercise post Christmas/New Year so I'm just paranoid I'm undoing everything I've done so far and since I've seen both 201 and 204 since Sunday I can't tell whether or not I'm making the right decision and I suppose it's too soon to tell anyway... I need to pull myself together and get out of my head... There's nothing that can't be reversed if it turns out it's not working...

Tuesday's Question: I actually don't like ANY kind of exerise. I don't like to exert myself. I'm not at all outdoorsy. I can be extremely lazy. I don't even like to sit in a chair, I'd rather lie in bed or on a couch or cuddle in an armchair or something. But like the truth is I'm hardly passionate about brushing and flossing yet I do it because it serves a purpose, and I've come to feel that way about exercise... somewhat ambivalent because it serves a purpose. If I had to pick an absolute favorite exercise though, it would be running, it makes me feel like a well-oiled machine, like "this-is-how-God-meant-my-body-to-move" and I get this amazing feeling of accomplishment and well-being afterwards that sometimes convinces me that I don't actually DISLIKE exercise after all.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Today's question: I LOVE classes. Zumba, Spinning, Kickboxing, mainly. The loud, up beat music and the fun happy-go-lucky-as-**** instructors make it enjoyable. Yep, I said enjoyable and exercise in the same sentence. I HATE going to the gym, slaving away on a boring machine. It feels like an eternity, and I can't wait to be done. It torture! I also try to go with friends. On the down side, all of the girls I go with are thin-as-a-rail health nuts, leaving me to be the token fat girl. But, this is why I am here, losing it slowly, so that I can be one of them!

Toasted- CONGRATS on blowing the fat out of the water! Way to go lady- that is some serious weight loss! You rock!! (((APPLAUSE)))

TEAM RED LACE! WOOOOHOOOOO! As Queen would say (or sing)Weeeeeeeeeeee are the Championnnssss, My Friendddsssssssss!
Closed Thread