Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 05:32 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat - Saturday 9/04/2010

Post your introductions and questions here! If you're new to this forum or to Ideal Protein, please read this post.

Regular and return chatters: What are you up to this weekend? 3 days off or just the regular 2?

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 09-04-2010, 05:40 AM   #2  

Cool Last night while the East Coast and Midwest were sleeping

Friday's thread

Traveling Stitcher, and nursemel
  • advocatemom is feeling much better on her 3rd week of IP and has lost almost 20 pounds and is close to Onederland
  • makeitmatter, HopefulTricia, Pinky, and Linden jumped in with some thyroid information
  • lldutton had a great NSV
  • JessicaCourez, Rocky Monarch, Linden shared their favorite IP breakfasts for nursemel
  • makeitmatter posted about what's worked for her on IP
  • Linden's looking for help to upload the alternative Phase 1 for diabetics for Travelling Stitcher
  • showgirlaz replied to many and sundry with good ideas and advice
  • and Novak awarded some dancing carrots and told us about her low BP experiences

And again in the "I can't believe up this early on a SATURDAY" corner, weighing in at 216 for a loss of 6 is, me. Double after a nil zip bupkis loss last week.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-04-2010 at 05:57 AM. Reason: tags
Old 09-04-2010, 06:06 AM   #3  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
And again in the "I can't believe up this early on a SATURDAY" corner, weighing in at 216 for a loss of 6 is, me. Double after a nil zip bupkis loss last week.
This is the best part of the day! Congrats on the loss!!
Old 09-04-2010, 06:16 AM   #4  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Congrats on the 6 lb. loss!!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 06:50 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
This is the best part of the day! Congrats on the loss!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
Congrats on the 6 lb. loss!!!!
I have to say I'm really glad I found some decent pants & jeans at a consignment shop 3 weeks ago (?). Both pairs pf jeans are already loose in the thigh and are starting to look a little saggy in the butt. I'm really pleased I only paid $30 for BOTH especially after spending $$$ on some stuff in June, a few weeks before I started inquiring about IP, little of which now fits me.

The sentence "I've lost pounds and inches." is good news to my health aspirations and short-term bad news to my inner cheapskate.

And I actually do enjoy the quiet of the early morning. But yikes -- before 5 am?

Enough "shameless overexposure" (last post in top 3 threads). Off to my real world life!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-04-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:02 AM   #6  
Began IP 8-18-10

S/C/G: 179.7/152.9/130

Height: 5'3'

Just wanted to say good morning to everyone! I did not get to post yesterday as it was just a crazy day. I woke up yesterday feeling thin!! It was a good feeling!

Today is another great day! On my way to a Real Ryder cycling class at the gym. Then it may be a beach day for me amy gymnast!

Have an awesome Saturday!
Old 09-04-2010, 07:15 AM   #7  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Ditto on the up too early on a Saturday though I DO agree with Novak that it is the best part of the day. Haven't we said that this is one of the IP symptoms? You sleep better but you're up at dawn! Congrats on the 6 lbs I'm svelting!!
For anyone trying to decide about phase 2, for me it has meant a big increase in weight loss. I've lost 4 pounds in the 9 days I've been on phase 2. The prior 2 weeks I lost 0 pounds. The only difference in phase 2 is 2 IP packets instead of 3 and a protein lunch like we have at dinner.
Besides the weight loss, the other benefit has been more energy so I've really walked 2 miles every day. (which of course helps with the weight loss) It is ALL good!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 09-04-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:24 AM   #8  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
The sentence "I've lost pounds and inches." is good news to my health aspirations and short-term bad news to my inner cheapskate.
Congratulations! on the loss. And do I see another another group forming? I could comfortably join a cheapskate's organization. I had a secretary who said that my tombstone was going to read "World's Best Scrounger." But I modestly declined.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:55 AM   #9  

I am new here and still getting the lay of the land...I like the daily chat..keeps me on task...I saw a post about daily food journal and onederland? What are these? Also I do not have a lot of time to suf website although I have read most of the stickys on top!! FAQ and recipies for example! My questions is how do you all best use this website...what are the helpful forums and the posts you always look for etc. How fo you use this site to help you! One thing I have noticed after only a week...my "coach" is not supportive, cheerful, informative, and it seems like I bother her when I go in...SOOOOOOO...I am so thirlled to find this site I feel like I have so many coaches....who are supportive and informative just what I need...so thanks for taking the time to do this your effort will make a difference in my weight loss!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #10  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Onederland is when a person no longer weighs 200+.

Here's a link to the Daily Food Journal thread. Come post with us!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...d-journal.html
Old 09-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 221/165/155 started 8/10/10

Height: 5' 8 1/2"

Good morning, everyone. I'm getting very close to onederland! In fact, on my home scale, I'm in onederland, but it usually weighs 3 lbs light. Hoping to officially arrive on the center's scale at my weigh-in next Friday.

Tried on a couple skirts this morning that I had grown out of and they fit. I will have been off work for 5 weeks when I go back to work on September 13th. No one knows I'm on this diet so actually looking forward to going back.

The only problem I'm having with IP, and it's better than the reverse, but is becoming a problem is that I have absolutely no appetite at all...none. It's very difficult for me to eat. I'm having to force feed all day and actually dread mealtime. (That's a first.) Anyone else have this problem? The food is delicious, but the thought of eating makes me sick and I'm miserable while trying to finish it.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #12  

Good morning everyone and a happy long weekend to all !

I posted before I left for a two day seminar how I was all prepped and ready to go and am happy to report that it all went off without a hitch ! I'm so proud of myself (yes I just said that !) I had packed all my meals except one supper out (which was awesome - at the restaurant before we went in we look at the menu and I was asking one of the wait staff if I could just a get a 'plain' chicken breast without any sauces, etc. she said no but as she said it the chef actually came out of the kitchen. I explained to him what I wanted and he said NO PROBLEM ! I had a delicious salad with a grilled chicken breast on top. I was just tickled.) I had also packed waaaaaay too many extra packets because I was determined not to cheat with anything else. I'm also happy to report that I didn't use one of them. I was sitting in class a couple of times and was thinking I can't believe I'm not hungry. I used to get that stress hunger where when it was the least bit stressful I'd be reaching for something to stuff my face with (c'mon - I KNOW I'm not the only one that does this ). At my hotel they complimentary upgraded me to a suite with a fridge and a microwave ! Someone was asking what we ate for breakfast - I had coffee (there was a coffeemaker) mixed with a chocolate drink......heated up in the microwave and voila - breakfast is served......

I also decided to give myself a reward when I reach 100 pounds lost. I will be going back to that hotel for a one night stay. King size super comfy bed, beautiful room, access to a pool and hot tub and close to shopping. I have something to look forward to. I will invite anyone who is in the Winnipeg/Manitoba area to join me for supper if they want too. It will be a great PARTAY !!

I also need to humbly apologize to this forum......I beg your forgiveness....I'm down on bended knee........it was me.....who first said the word....SPEEDO...and I'm sooooooooooooo sorry

Welcome to all the new people ! You will do great ! Hugs to all !
Old 09-04-2010, 10:20 AM   #13  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
I also need to humbly apologize to this forum......I beg your forgiveness....I'm down on bended knee........it was me.....who first said the word....SPEEDO...and I'm sooooooooooooo sorry
Repentance is good. The way you pulled of the seminar is even better!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 10:21 AM   #14  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Thanks!!!

Thanks to Linden, Tricia, Mary, makeitmatter, Marilyn, I'm Svelting, Jackie and Carla who brought such great information to the thread yesterday. I am planning to call the endocrinologist first thing Tuesday morning! I will get a clean bill of health from them, or a plan to get one. Thanks again, you're all so good!

Last edited by Kelsey; 09-04-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:22 AM   #15  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Morning all....Day 4...here we go! I am going to post my journal later (in the daily journal forum), would love some feedback as I am trying to do this half-on/half-off IP products. (money is always an issue!)

My best friend (who joined IP two days ago) made an amazing supper last night. It was steamed chicken (shredded), sauteed asparagus, mushroom, and green onion wraps (wraps being Chinese Cabbage). We used WF BBQ (yummy!) and WF Blue Cheese as dressings. VERY delicious....and easy!!!
Closed Thread