Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 161/132/125

Height: 5'7"

Kelley, Thanks so much for your kind words, though I have to say, some dresses hide weight well! My doc has been after me for a few years now to lose my excess and two friends just had very good success with Ideal, so I though I'd give it a try, so here goes!

Last edited by Janene; 09-04-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marypeter View Post
Great job!! Was the hotel by any chance the Fort Garry? Best beds in THE WORLD! May have to consider a celebration trip.
Mary
Hi Mary - no that wasn't the Hotel - although I have stayed there as my college grad was held there. I treated myself to one night and felt like a queen ! You are right the beds are awesome. When we celebrate my 100 pounds you are definitely invited !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajen88 View Post
I'm in Manitoba also. If you get the opportunity to try Chop steak house on Route 90 I think you will be thrilled. The chef is awesome and will always make me something fabulous and IP friendly!

Actually I was at the hotel attached to Chop. I am super pumped to hear you say that about the restaurant because that is where I would like to have the '100 pound partay' when the time comes. Will be sometime before Christmas - I'll keep you posted !!

Thanks for starting the Speedo discussion....I enjoyed it immensely!
I enjoyed it too. That banter goes along exactly with my sense of humor !!

Take care all !

Last edited by Emma Jayne; 09-04-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:42 PM   #48  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

I've gotten in the habit that the first thing I check on the internet when getting home is this site. I love reading everyone's posts. It really helps keep me on track.

Past couple of days have been hard to stay focused. Must be having my own pitty party about not being able to eat regular food. I need to stay off the scale. Not seeing any movement on the weight this week yet and it's only my second week. Reading everyone's posts is helping so much. Thanks everyone!
Old 09-04-2010, 06:57 PM   #49  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Yes, the scale can be a good thing...and a bad thing...and your weight each day could vary.....I try to leave it up to my weigh-in scale at the IP facility (although sometimes I just gotta weigh mid-week)lol

Marilyn
Old 09-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #50  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Ignore this post, please. Trying to see if I have my tracker or not.

Marilyn
Old 09-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

Height: 5'6"

Okay, so I need to learn the multiple quote thing! Obviously!

skinnytobe I hope you find this. I have experienced your light headed passout symptoms I few times on this diet, almost always in the morning. I have a low shock threshhold so I have experienced it when not on this diet as well. It can happen to me when I am dehydrated, or have low blood pressure, or low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). Everytime I freak out and feel like I'm going to die, pass out, vomit, or maybe all three. And I feel like crying. For me, that's how my body feels every time I'm "shocky." On this diet, I have to make sure I get enough salt, that's really important to me. I've also had to really restrict my exercise and I also drink lots more water than is recommended. My coach also recommended 3-4 chocolate soy puffs to bring my blood sugar up quickly in those situations. It's not always hypoglycemia, sometimes it's low blood pressure from not having enough salt, but the soy puffs sure taste good! : ) I also concur with whoever said to talk to your coach. My coach said he's had several people with hypoglycemic episodes and have managed it with the soy puffs. It hasn't happened to me at all since about week 3 or 4. Hope this was helpful! Good luck!

Kelley
Old 09-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 207/194/125

Height: 5'4

Today I am on my vacation and I cheated. Today was my first cheat. I told myself not to be the one to cut my Dad's 70th Birthday Cake and serve it to every person, but that was the job they gave me. Next thing I know I had some. That is all I had. Now what to do? Do I eat the rest of my protein packs and vegetables for the day and ignore what I did. We are going country western dancing tonight, so maybe I will be able to burn some off. We went last night and oh boy what a workout. I just hope I have not messed up my program and if I have why not have a shot of tequila and lime tonight. Just one and start the day over tomorrow. Oh what to do? I need a plan. Any suggestions out there?
Old 09-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby Lou View Post
Today I am on my vacation and I cheated. Today was my first cheat. I told myself not to be the one to cut my Dad's 70th Birthday Cake and serve it to every person, but that was the job they gave me. Next thing I know I had some. That is all I had. Now what to do? Do I eat the rest of my protein packs and vegetables for the day and ignore what I did. We are going country western dancing tonight, so maybe I will be able to burn some off. We went last night and oh boy what a workout. I just hope I have not messed up my program and if I have why not have a shot of tequila and lime tonight. Just one and start the day over tomorrow. Oh what to do? I need a plan. Any suggestions out there?
It is hard, but my advice to you is to stay on plan...it is too easy to say one little cheat and I will get back on plan tomorrow. Take it from me, it isn't that easy!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janene View Post
Kelley, Thanks so much for your kind words, though I have to say, some dresses hide weight well! My doc has been after me for a few years now to lose my excess and two friends just had very good success with Ideal, so I though I'd give it a try, so here goes!
Well Janene IP has been terrific for me! Don't be shy about questions!

To all you Canadian ladies talking about places to stay and places to eat are making me jealous! I haven't been to Lake Louise for a few years, but would love to go back! My husband and I stayed in Kimberley, BC for the Kimberley Summer Theatre and also went to the Fort Steele Follies. Some of the best places I have gone for vacation have been in Canada, because of how beautiful it is and also because of the great food. Excellently prepared with fresh ingredients. And friendly people!

I had my first "eating out" on IP the other day and it went surprisingly well. It was at one of my favorite restaurants where I have just loved everything they make, which was a good place to start, I think. I order a grilled chicken Caesar salad, minus croutons and dressing, and asked them to add a bunch of mixed greens and a pile of cucumber. Then I asked for olive oil and lemon juice on the side which I used for my own dressing (with my personal sea salt It was sooo goood!

My husband and I were out on a date, which we hadn't done in a little while. He gave me quite a compliment on the way to the car: "You look friggen' cute!" Made me so happy. It also made me think, no way am I gaining any weight back!

Thanks for everything you are all sharing! I've never had support like this with any other diet I've done. I've also never been as committed to any other diet or faced temptation with so much resolve. You are all wonderful!

KelleyAnn
Old 09-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #55  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Happy Anniversary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Hi all-
Today is my anniv.. sept 4th,, Hubby and I wil celebrate it next weeknd when he's off.. hard to believe 27 years ago today we were dining/dancing at our reception at this time...I weighed 155 then.. I'm excited to become even smaller than that!

Have a great + safe Holiday weeknd! hugs!!

Happy Anniversary, Ro!!!!

Last edited by Kelsey; 09-04-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 266/253.8/166

Hi, new here, and trying to figure things out. Day three on the plan and so far not too bad... The pink lemonade was nasty, but everything else has been ok....

Cleaned out the fridge and cupboards tonight... very few naughty things lwft and they are all my daughters.. looking to using some of the great ideas I find here.. Have a great weekend...

Carol

Last edited by qwizardgal; 09-04-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #57  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
I've been researching and reading your posts all summer. Now it's time for me to begin this journey. I've been to the doctor, picked up the first week of food and will start Monday. I just pray that this will finally be the solution for me as nothing else has worked in the past. I have a colleague who was very successful and introduced me to her coach. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
I have been on every diet ever publicized. I have lost weight and gained weight over and over. When I started IP my blood pressure was high, my diabetes was out of control, I was taking two different types of insulin and up to 7-8 injections per day. My friend talked me into trying IP and I didn't want to spend the money for another failure. After the orientation I thought I would try it. For me the diet was perfect. It was highly structured, quick weight lose, and I felt empowered by the results. When it really came together for me was reading and posting on 3FC. I get all of my support here. My blood pressure is great and I haven't taken insulin in over a month. My fasting blood sugar is still a little high (145), but better than it has been in 15 years. I have tremendous hope because IP walks us through the whole process, even maintaining the weight lose. I wish you a smooth journey, courage to continue the journey, and the ability to believe in yourself. Good luck.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:32 PM   #58  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby Lou View Post
The problem with cheating is that the consumption of carbs will take you out of Ketosis and the carbs will try to store themselves. In the beginning it takes four days to rid our bodies of the carbs and that is why it is so hard that first few days. I am sorry that you will have to go through that again.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Just finished reviewing Dr. Tien Chanh's book and reading about the veggies we can have...he says to have cauliflower and broccoli in moderation, maybe that is the reason for my stall .........I have been eating a lot those 2 veggies.
From now on it will be more cucs , asparagus, celery, bell peppers, radishes and lettuce for me, with cauliflower and broccoli only every 2nd day instead of both lunch and supper every day, O Boy
Old 09-04-2010, 10:13 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Day One on IP

Hi All,
I have completed day one of the IP program. I wasn't too bad. I am still working out the kinks. I didn't have all my veggies in the house, so I went shopping and stocked up. However, I didn't cheat. I got in my water and veggies. I am a little overwhelmed by the amount of veggies I have to eat. Hoping that will get better with time. Still feel hungry, but not starving. Just taking it a day at a time.

This site is great. So much support and encouragement. Thanks

Last edited by nursemel; 09-04-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Closed Thread