South Beach Diet - 2nd week p2..how to go back to carbs and fruit!!

snackiejackie
07-26-2010, 03:30 PM
mad it to p2, week 2 but i am very very nervous to include the 2 carbs 2 fruits a day such as the book suggests to do this week.

i am doing great with my 1 carb 1 fruit per day till today and weigh in tomorrow to see how my progress is...but any suggestions?

:?:

zeffryn
07-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Here is a thread that may help you. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-frequently-asked-questions/59321-emergency-handbook-phase-2-a.html

I find that my losses slow quite a bit with more than one grain/starch per day. I'm just fine with three fruits per day, but more than a few days with more than one starch and my losses start to move in the opposite direction -- not because I'm gaining fat, but because they make me retain water.

snackiejackie
07-26-2010, 04:14 PM
thanks soo much for your help!

murphmitch
07-26-2010, 09:28 PM
I usually ate 1-2 grains & 1-2 fruits, never more, and had consistent losses. Just depends on the person and your personal metabolism & weight loss.

PinkHoodie
07-26-2010, 10:07 PM
How I started was I started alternating between half an apple one day, and a slice of SB friendly bread the next. Seemed to work! :)

snackiejackie
07-27-2010, 09:55 AM
i sadly gained about 1 pound since starting p2. i did not have a good weekend at all! soo that fact that i only gained 1lb back is probably fair.

learning a little bit about how my body works and cravings. NO carbs at nite for me. i had rice with dinner last nite and couldnt stop snacking and craved sweets really really badly. luckily i had p2 cookies on hand to help. moving into more of a p1.5 as of today to try and get the lbs down! i have a weeked at the beach with my girlfriends coming up and would like to get the 1lb i gained off if not more before then. also want to get moving in the working out department. its hard with my work schedule but i do believe it will help with lossing the weight.

murphmitch
07-27-2010, 10:14 AM
I gained a pound or so that first week, then started losing again. Hang in there!

zeffryn
07-27-2010, 10:49 AM
gaining a pound or two is pretty normal...i think that is part of the reason why people are so scared of p2. Just hang in there, watch your portions and you'll be fine.