South Beach Diet - New Here

View Full Version : New Here

jenn33082
06-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Hi All! I just found this board today.

I have been on South Beach since March 1st. This is actually my second time. In 2008, I lost 25 pounds, then got pregnant and gained 25 pounds. That kind of stinks but on the other hand, I ONLY gained 25 pounds, I always assumed it would be MUCH more.

I had my little one in June of 2009 and just didn't have the time or the energy to do all the prep work that comes with South Beach.

I started again in March because we hired a babysitter to watch little one that comes to our house each day. This freed up a lot of time in my day, since I didn't have to tote him back and forth to daycare, plus his naps and night sleep were going better.

Anyways, I started at 191 and am now down to 171 (technically I am down 19.4 pounds as of Monday.) We leave on vacation next week to CA from NC. We are having little one's first bday in CA. I went back to Phase one starting last Monday to get a little boost of weight loss before the trip.

My initial goal is to get to 160 pounds, but ultimately, I'd like to be at 140.

I've been looking for a place to share my triumphs and set backs so I am excited to have found this board!

Thanks!

dizzylille
06-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Hi Jenn,
Your situation sounds alot like mine--diet wise. 20 pounds!!! Awesome!! When I hopped up on the scale at my OBGYN yesterday, I almost lost it. I had hit my top weight..again. So here I am. Feeling good, so far. Just gotta start exercising. I'm like you, 160 feels pretty darn good on my frame. But ultimately 140 would be fantastic. Keep up the good work!
Lauren

WaistingTime
06-09-2010, 06:30 PM
:welcome2: So many new chicks lately! Nice to have you joining us.

cottagebythesea
06-09-2010, 06:36 PM
:welcome:, Jenn33082!

murphmitch
06-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Welcome to both of you! :welcome2: