Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #1  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Default C25K Summer time!

Hey everyone... this thread seemed pretty popular so I thought I'd start a new one. Here are the last few posts from the other thread....

kellost
Hi C25K'ers! I am a recent graduate of the C25k program, and just wanted to report back here to let all of you know that I ran my first 5K race this weekend! I finished in 29:08, which was better than I was hoping for!

I just want to say, to anyone who is doubting themselves or wondering if they can really do this......you can! I struggled a lot with the program, particularly in the beginning and middle. There were many weeks when I thought there was no way I could finish this training. But I did! And I completed the race really strong. I've never, ever, been a runner. Now, I actually am a real, bona fide, runner! CRAZY!

Just want you guys to know you CAN do this. It IS worth it! I feel really great today. I keep staring at my medal and the pics from the race.

Good luck to all of you!!!!!!!

PinkHoodie
Started today! Can't wait until I can run consistently....

Aunty Jam
I did it... I seriously did it. I did week 5 day 3. I ran for 20 minutes straight. After carrying on a few days ago about how there is no way in the world I could possibly do it and how hard day 2 was I actually did it. Finishing day 2 made me bounce off the walls with joy... finishing day 3, I'm not sure, stunned disbeliefe is the closest thing I can think of. I actually did it. Of course during the last minute my husband came out and asked me if I was ok... LoL, but I finished. Then I did 30 sit ups and 30 push ups.

BluCypressLily
Oh I'm so excited to see this thread! I recently started C25K because the elliptical and spinning just weren't getting my heart rate up anymore. I'd never considered myself a runner (although every spring I'd look at the runners in the city with envy because it looked so invigorating), but I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm going with the time option as opposed to the distance option--I don't care if I'm slow, as long as I'm pushing myself and getting a good workout. I do think I need to invest in some higher quality running shoes, though...mine are ok, but I think I need some more support.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:19 PM   #2  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Now keep running people!!!
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #3  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I've been wanting to do this. I got to Week 2 with my little brother... but by that point... I couldn't do it anymore due to my stupid urticaria stuff. ARGH. I was enjoying the running... until I couldn't do it anymore because I felt like I was going to faint in my spot and my entire body felt both on fire and extremely EXTREMELY itchy.

And now is a bad time for me to start... with it being Texas... and nearing summertime... Yeah... heat + me = BAD. I find myself breaking out really bad just walking from one classroom to another at school. Running? Out of the question. I really hate this. I would be OK if I had a gym to go to... somewhere with AC... but... I don't. Maybe in a couple years when I go to college... because my grandparents don't have one...

Am I able to do the running in-place? Or... not at all?
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Morning everyone... I am starting C25K tomorrow morning. I have started it before, but stopped due to personal reasons, but am missing it and am realizing that it would probably be the best way to feel with the stress in life right now... so back whole heartedly tomorrow.. I am looking forward to it and looking forward to getting to know all of you and supporting one another as we progress! I hope everyone is having a great Sunday... God Bless
Cape Breton Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:39 AM   #5  

Hi everyone I have done this a couple times on the elliptical I know it's not actually running.....which I want to do but the weather has not cooperated with me so I compromised It is a really good workout on the elliptical and can hardly wait to try it outside. I plan to start officially with it on June 3rd as my workout on a road trip. I look forward to getting to see all of your progress.
Which version do you all use. I looked on itunes and there are many.
Bigmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #6  
Happy and someday healthy

S/C/G: 255/246.5/170

Height: 5'8"

I started C25K last week...I have to say, it makes me feel so good afterward! I've never been a runner either, but I know now that I'm working myself up to the point where I can be. A friend recently told me, if you run, you are a runner, so no matter how slow you go, you're getting better at it...one day at a time.
Staci816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

hi all I started the program this week and loving it!! There is a 5k that I wanna do its in about 7 weeks so not quite a full 9 weeks like the program, my question is what could I do to be ready for the 5k sooner?
proudmommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #8  

Urgh... I had to go to church with my mom this evening... and realized on the way home that I had neglected to make sure my Zune was charged. And I use my Zune in order to help me run... otherwise... I mentally just can't do it.

So now... I probably won't get to run until 10:15 PM at the EARLIEST... since my Zune takes around 20 to 30 minutes to charge to a point where I can use it for 30 to 40 minutes straight.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #9  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Hi! I'd like to join in on this. I just finished Week 2 Day 1 a little bit ago today, and I'm absolutely amazed at how much less scary the idea of running is even just a week after starting...
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/153.4/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey there..so I was posting on the last thread and last updated that I was going on vacation. I ended up taking the week off (my leg is thanking me!) I figured I'd come back and start week 8 today but I got on the treadmill and ended up going all 30 minutes. So I've decided I'm just going to skip week 8 and work on week 9 and graduate Friday! I'm only running about 2.7 miles during the 30 minutes but after a short walk, I am able to run to finish out the 3.1. I plan to finish up and then go back a few weeks and do intervals with running faster to try to get under a 10 minute mile.
charleston424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #11  

Just finished Week 1 Day 2. Feeling great. I'm going to be doing four days of Week 1... running on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

I'm feeling good... tired... sweaty... but good.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/169

Height: 5'3"

Just finished Week 2, Day 2. Was actually very comfortable with the pace -- my breathing was fine and I didn't get tired.

But holy shin splints! I felt like my shins might break when I stopped running. I know that can happen when you increase your distance (and for me, it's been 0 miles to about 6/week over two weeks).

I'm icing them and taking Advil. Is it ok to keep running?
JennyJumpUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:41 AM   #13  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Yay! The thread's been resurrected! Today's my non-run day (I run M-W-F before work), so I'll be hitting the pavement again in the morning. Hope the rain holds off
BluCypressLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:52 PM   #14  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Yay, I run MWF as well. I do 30DS on my non-run days, so here is hoping for a good workout tonight.

It's weird, but I've started to actually get EXCITED about running... I used to dread it!
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:09 PM   #15  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Hi! I just wanted to say that this thread gives me enormous inspiration. And I need a lot of inspiration.

I completed C25K last year - on a treadmill (averaging 4.5 mph). I then worked up to run/walk 5Ks, still on the treadmill. Then I fell off the wagon 'cause I didn't have any schedule or structure to my plan.

I have used the W1D1 intervals to work on speed in the interim, but not regularly.

This weekend I started the program for real again. Outside. It's a completely different activity, at least for me. I knew it would be harder but I am shocked at how much harder! I have to start at the very beginning - no skipping ahead for me. I have my work cut out for me.

Just finished W1D2. I did NOT feel like going, but I read this thread and then just did it. So

Looking forward to progressing through the steps - again - with all you other lovelies who are becoming runners. Go, us!
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote