South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 05:37 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Thoughts

Jumping in fast to be first because I know Cyndi is here! Back with my coffee in a bit.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:41 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

ah but I'm very, very slow in the morning. Need more coffee, did you bring me some?
Old 04-22-2010, 05:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

My alarm jolted me awake at 4am; can't remember the last time I woke to an alarm. I am blurry-eyed. I will miss you all and try to check in from Florida. Until then... have a great day, weekend, everything
Old 04-22-2010, 05:52 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

After losing yesterday's brilliant post, I was a bit nervous this morning but I think I'm safe now. (Passes CyndiM a mug of coffee.)

The moussaka that I made the other night was really, really good. I'll run it through MasterCook when I get a chance and post it. The oil was cut waaaay down as I baked rather than fried the eggplant. If I can figure out a way to thicken the bechamel sauce with something other than flour, it would be Phase I appropriate.

The dogs woke me just after three this morning! I think the coyotes are doing extra howling and that gets them awake. I did my thing with them and then flopped on the couch for a while with both of them lying on top of me. I'm not sure what that's about. Jazz's favourite spot is on my squishy tummy but Disney prefers to lie on my feet.

Off to town for a haircut this morning and am NOT going near a produce store or the dreaded Chinese Buffet. My fridge is just loaded with fruits and veggies so I should be set until next week. I wish I could share. My meeting for tonight is canceled but Ernie will be bringing wee Tash back this evening to stay the weekend. Tash is a youthful 13 and Jazz's size so Jazz is just delighted with his new friend. Disney is friendly but ignores them.

Time to crank up my day. It's trash day and I need to get it out there now that we have some light. The loons are probably still abed but will be doing the fly-over soon. I'd hate to miss it!

Happy Thursday.

ETA: and bon voyage to Waisting Time. Enjoy your trip.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning!

It getting light here, but we're in a dense cloud of fog. I had to drive in it coming home last night, and it was pretty spooky!

Ruth, could you use arrowroot to thicken the bechamel? Moussaka sounds good, even at this hour. I bet Jazz can't sleep because he's too excited about the doggie sleepover.

Karen, have a fun, safe trip! We'll be thinking of you!

Cyndi, I can whip you up a latte in no time.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:20 AM   #6  

Good Morning everyone! Today is the first day this week I've had a chance to post! I have been reading and keeping up with everyone, though. I am really content on the beach now and the weather has been great for getting in some good walks. All of the sudden people at school have started noticing my loss which is very motivating. BUT I know that in the past when I was dieting I would begin to slip when this happens...I am going to have to be sure this does not happen this time and I'm really not too worried b/c I know this is a new way of life for me!
Have a great trip- Waistingtime
Ruth and Cyndi
Old 04-22-2010, 06:21 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Thanks for the extra coffee I am certainly going to need it today.

Ruth - No one is ever around with a camera when you need one. I'd love to see you with the dogs
I use Mastercook too! I'm looking forward to the recipe. I haven't made that in years.

Karen - Have a great time!

Cottage - Is it Friday? Hope the sun is out

I'm off to my parents. They are very excited because we get to go to the waterfall again. The park is only open 4 weekends a year and they've been looking forward to seeing it in the spring.

Mulling over a potential job offer, details, time line and fit. Lots to think about.

I suppose I should start getting things together. I made a list last night but have no idea what the first item on the list is. That's never good I'll try to check in over the weekend but not sure how much that will happen. Still working with crappy dial-up there so who knows

Happy Thursday whatever your plans
Old 04-22-2010, 06:23 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! just a quick wave hello, and I'll try to post more later. We have to get out of the house early b/c I have an appointment with the orthopedist. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. (notice I didn't mention the photos!!)
Old 04-22-2010, 06:26 AM   #9  

Mmc...Congratulations on getting those photos done! That was quite an undertaking and I know for me that would be hard to do, too! Happy Thursday!
Old 04-22-2010, 06:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - I am amazed at everything you are able to accomplish in a day. I supposed if I'm not that good at my age, I won't be that good at your age, huh?! I will admit I don't know what Moussaka is (sounds like a character out of Lion King...)...must go google....

Cyndi - potential job offer?! Do I have to go back and reread somewhere? I hope this is fabulous news!

Karen - have a fabulous trip!

Cottage - can I have a latte too? You sure are putting that new (is it new anymore?) espresso machine to good use!

Lisa and MMCK and all to follow - have a great day!

Me - Just another day....long day at work, no time to play . This weekend is my first weekend off in a while, and I am most definately looking forward to it! I need to get my garden going...

Have a great day!
Old 04-22-2010, 06:39 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth. I'm just starting to read today's brilliant post...I love the pup's favorite spots. They certainly have their habits..The dreaded Chinese buffet is . hmm Tash and trash...I need more coffee. Have a great day!

Karen, safe travels!

Linda, I'd love a latte this morning...it's pouring sheets of rain..we could just sit and visit.

Lisa, it's really great to hear from you and even better that you are so content on SBD. (me too) I have a very hard time when people "notice" but the reality is that if I AM going to lose people ARE going to notice-and comment. Great insight, preparation always helps.

Cyndi, safe travels. I already know I'll be jealous when you start mentioning thrift stores.

Mmc, what photos??lol

I'm getting organized for a trip to the Eastern slope and back today. I'm going with my pet therapy/water aerobics friend. We have a mutual friend who is very ill and a large group of friends are helping with running her store while she is away for treatment. L will drive, I'll bail out at my other house to check on things, she'll p/u frozen dog food in Denver and pick me up on the way back. We're leaving after exercising at the pool and I'm taking food with me. She's bringing her 4WD because we might see snow on the passes.

So...see ya'll on the flip flop..Have a great day everyone!

ETA-Twynn,

Last edited by Lexxiss; 04-22-2010 at 06:41 AM. Reason: ETA
Old 04-22-2010, 06:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

oh - just read yesterday's stuff -

Zeff - so glad to see you pop in!

Kelly - my. So sorry to hear about that. Pray for you and your family (and especially your niece) to have peace. Every life is precious.

Lexiss - good morning!!
Old 04-22-2010, 06:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Debbie and Twynn, I use my expresso machine every day, so it's well worth every penny Jake spent on it. I don't know how I ever went so long without one.

Debbie, I'm sorry to hear about your friend who is so sick. You are a wonderful friend to help run the store. Have a safe trip over the hill and I'll see you on the other side.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:02 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, Linda. I'll see you back on this side as I won't be taking my laptop! Hope we don't get stuck!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/228/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Good morning, Everyone!!!!

Ruth - Can't wait to see that recipe! I love Moussaka!!!

Litar - That is awesome when people start noticing weight loss!!!

Cyndi - That is exciting about a job offer!!!

I am officially supposed to be on Phase 2, but not sure I am going to go there yet. Didn't pack anything for it for today... what do you all think?

My entire family (including my 6 and 10 year old) got up at 5:30 am to run (well, I walked - I don't run!). It was awesome!!! Off to teach my students!!!! Have a great day!!!
Closed Thread