Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 02:39 PM   #1  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking September Skinny's

Hi Sassycat. Here's to our new thread and our new goals for September. My biggest downfall (if I'm honest) is the lack of journalling. I've tried to balance it out all in my head on the good days, and then that leads me to 'throwing it all' away for a good slide. So my committment to this next round has to be the journalling. I've had a great day so far, but unfortunately the rain has been coming down very hard all day. My challenge is going out to dinner tonight, wouldn't you know.....now that I've geared myself up. I will go to Dottie's and look up the restaurant to see ahead of time what I can have. Let me know about your day. Take care.
Old 08-31-2002, 03:58 PM   #2  

Thumbs down To September

Rain? It is beautiful here today about 75° and breezy. I went for a walk for 20 mins. which at least was something. That is my biggest challenge is my exercise, there are days where I have to force myself to do it and then there are days where I just plain talk myself out of it. At least I joined Curves and I will do that because I know I spent money on it and I don't my DH hard earned money to go to waste.

Where are you guys going out eat to dinner tonight? We are having turkey cordon bleu and twice baked potatoes and carrots and I made low fat apple cobbler for myself and a regular one for the guys (we always have a house full on the weekends all my husbands nephews come over)! I think as far as your journaling you need to do it really helps out alot so for now on we will swap journals at the end of each day, do you think that will you out? I know if I am responsible for my journal to someone else I can probably do a better job!!!

Talk to you soon!!!!
Old 08-31-2002, 08:44 PM   #3  

Smile Saturday journal

Stayed OP today!!!

Here is my journal for today:

Breakfast
1 english muffin - 2 pts
1 T pnut butter - 2 pts

Lunch
3 oz lite velvetta cheese - 4.5 pts
1 slice lite rye bread - 1 pt

Dinner

Turkey cordon bleu - 4.5 pts
1 c carrots - 0 pts
1 twice baked potatoe - 4 pts

Dessert
4 T cool whip lite - 1 pt
apple cobbler - 4 pts (what a waste of 4 pts too)

20 minute walk earned 2 AP points
23 points total for the day was able to bank 6 pts!!!!

How does your journal look for today? I know you went out to eat. Did Dottie's site help? Sometimes I have done that like with Taco Bell I checked things out before I left only to find out when I got to Taco Bell that they didn't have what I wanted. It must be certain areas carry certain things.

Well have a Good Night!!!!
Old 09-01-2002, 11:59 AM   #4  
soon to be goddess

Angry well???

Hi Sassycat. My day overall was really good, and I left some room for a nice dinner out. We went to Outback Steakhouse. Thank goodness I went to Dottie's site beforehand so I could see the choices for dinner. My one only downfall was trying a "blooming onion". Could have been alot worse though.....I had probably small sections. My dinner was a garden salad with lowcal Catalina salad dressing, 1/3 of a huge baked potatoe (the waitress looked shocked when I asked for it plain) and grilled chicken breast and veggies. I also indulged in a glass of red wine as it was only 2pts and the lesser of all the evils. On the plus side I didn't feel like I was really dieting, and managed to get all my fruits/veggies and milk in. This was really my first day back on plan......SO I'M DOING THE VICTORY DANCE!!!!
Here's my journal:

eggbeaters omelette 1
3 pc Oscar Mayer bacon 2
peach 1

8 nila wafers 2
lowfat yogurt 2

2 lowcal sandwiches 2
p.butter/jam 1
glass of skim milk 1

2 peaches 2
sandwich/dulce spread 2 (felt really snack-y)

large garden salad/dressing 2
part baked potatoe 2
grilled chicken breast 4
glass of wine 2
10 small sections of that blooming onion......??????too much to list
(I will read the article next time on the home page of 3fc before going ....so this will definitely won't happen again!!!!)

My goal for pts are 26-31......so I'm shooting for 29 per day. I'll be starting with activity pts soon. Can you explain how you use them for me?.....sort of like a refresher course. I am starting today -off with a great start and will check back in later to see how you are doing. Have a good day.
Old 09-01-2002, 12:27 PM   #5  

Angry Good Morning!

Or should I say Good Afternoon!!! Outback Steakhouse we don't have any of them around here sounds yummy!!! My DH has been to them out in OH his sister lives out there and as he is an Owner/Operator (truck driver) he used to get to go there. Maybe it is for the best I don't! Bloomin' Onions they are good but from what I read on the home page stay away!!!

AP points lets see if I can do my best on this one! You need to exercise to get them and from everything I have gathered you are suppose to eat those points but I have yet to do that. I like the WW online because you can put your activity in and it figures out your AP points for you. I know that a 20 min brisk walk is 2 points and I think that increases with every 10 mins you get another point. You are only allowed to use 4 AP points a day I believe that is if you are eatting them. Sometimes I get more than 4. Believe it or not the online lets you use cleaning and laundry as AP points not alot of points but it helps if you have had a lazy day.

I won't be able to get out and walk today it is only 58° here and raining. I guess it must be the rain you were getting the other day. I will try to get up on my sky glider I always count that as a brisk walk when I do it since I am moving so fast on it. I would rather walk cuz my son and I go to a park by the nuke plant we live near and we see all kinds of things the other day we saw 2 cranes neither one of us have ever seen one before and we were so amazed!! Yes I live by a power plant only about 5 miles away, they have very tight security around it since the 11th. A little scary but we are a rural area so I feel a little better about that.

I am glad you are back on plan and if you need any help figuring out points let me know I can always use the WW online. Like I said they have the recipe builder so if you need help figuring out points for a recipe let me know. What day are you going to weigh in on then? I weigh in on Friday morning as soon as I get up.

Well I hope you have a great OP day!!!!!!

Together we can do this!!!!!
Old 09-01-2002, 11:34 PM   #6  
soon to be goddess

Talking a better day.....

Hi ya Sassy. I'm laughing every time I read/say your name as my dh came in this afternoon while I was replying to your lunchtime post....and he started saying your name but in the tone of Louis Armstrong....with attitude and jazz!!! lol....

Well, today was a better day as there was no blooming onion to tempt me!!! I still have some pts left as I'm tired of eating...(can I believe what I'm saying???) How was your day? Did you do your sky walker workout? Is that sort of like those Tony Little gazelle things? I used to love using the elip. trainer at the club I used to go to back home. I'm hoping to start walking again.
I want to thankyou for 'forcing' me to journal again. I sort of half-heartedly put that in one of my posts but then.,....you forced my hand and I actually HAD TO DO IT!!! (SO THE JOKE WAS ON ME) But in all honesty, its the journaling that keeps me on track and ACCOUNTABLE. So here's my journal for today-

1C cereal 3
1C skim milk 1
strawberries 1

lg apple 2

1C hash browns 1 **could you tell I really wanted
cheese slice 1 french fries and gravy**
f.f. gravy 1
1 slice lowcal bread .5
yogourt 2
nila wafers-4 1

2 fruit 2
salad 0
fatfree ranch dr. 1
1.5 C pasta 8

skinny cow 2
f.f.cr. cheese 0
celery 0

How were your meals today? I will bank the 4 pts for tommorow. I saw that your weighins were on Friday. Since I've been at it (legally) for only 2 days now, I will take the same day too. This way, I'll be giving myself time to have a loss (fingers crossed)
Hope you had a great day....I'll see you tommorow. bye
Old 09-02-2002, 08:27 AM   #7  

Thumbs down Sunday Morning!!!

Well it looks like I might be able to get and walk today the sun looks like it is starting to come out and it is 61° already. I never did any exercise yesterday it was so doomy and gloomy with the rain all day I couldn't get the motivation. The Sky thing is kinda like the Tony Little Gazelle, I don't really care for it but if I am stuck and can't walk it works (of course that is if I actually do it and not just say I am going to)!!!

Journaling I think is so important without you would just put whatever in your mouth and not think about it. I am glad that I forced you into journalling. Cool we will both weigh in on the same day that sounds awesome!!!

Here is my journal for yesterday

1 poached egg - 2 pts
1 slice rye bread - 1 pt

kudo bar - 2 pts

3 oz velveeta lite cheese - 4.5 pts
1 slice rye bread - 1 pt

4 oz lean roast beef - 5 pts
1 cup carrots - 0 pts
1/2 cup mashed potatoes - 2 pts

pumpkin muffin - 2 pts
1 serving pumpkin pudding - 1 pt
2 T cool whip - 0 pts

I hit 21 points I didn't make my 22 but I figured since I didn't exercise that the 1 point wasn't going to matter I wasn't hungry and it was like 9pm and I didn't want to eat anymore to go to bed on.

Are you cooking out today for the holiday? I don't know what we are doing for dinner yet today I didn't really plan for today normally Monday's are my shopping day so I have no idea yet. I will probably get some hamburgers (and turkey burgers) and grill outside.

You made me laugh I can just see a guy saying that name with Jazz involved!!!! I got my name because 2 yrs ago my DH bought me a himalyan kitten for xmas and we call him Sassy even though it is a female cat name so I just kinda borrowed it from him....MEOW Do you have any pets?

Well talk to you later I will check back and see what is going on, any new recipes I am always on the scout for them!!!

Sassy
Old 09-02-2002, 09:48 AM   #8  
soon to be goddess

Talking Good Morning......!!!

Hi Sassycat. My 8yr old son had a sleepover last night with his buddy....yawn......and I am soooo tired!! They went to bed at 10pm but actually fell asleep somewhere in the vicinity of 11:30.....yawn......woke up at 4 am.......yawn......but had the common decency to come to me at 6 am......yawn...... to see if they could watch tv since they had already dressed and had breakfast.....ZZZZZZ. Holy cow!!! just where do they get the energy? I know later on he's going to crash big time as he's already had 2 crying jags for no real reason. The town where I live has a fair this weekend and although he is a new recruit for boy scouts....we are manning a booth at the fair for 3 hours....(lucky me) As for a cook out?....not sure as the day looks like another rain filled day. Saturday we rec'd 5 inches of well deserved rain. Hopefully the rain will hold off. Tommorow is "E" day for me...."E" for excercise day!!! A promise to me to start getting fit and feeling better about myself. I've been psych-ing myself up for it......and I think you're right....NOW I (WE'VE) JUST GOT TO DO IT!!! Hope today is a good on plan day for you.....I'll see you a little later with my journal for the day.

ps....just a tip for you....next time you're at the grocery store check down the isles with the soup etc....Heinz makes a 'fat-free' gravy in chicken and beef flavours that is absolutely delicious. It come in a jar, once I even served it for everyone and they didn't notice it wasn't homemade. try it sometime!! 1/2 C = 1 pt
Old 09-02-2002, 06:55 PM   #9  

Angry OP day

Hey there angel-eyes!!! I had a pretty good OP day! I walked for 30 minutes earning 2 AP points, which I think you are suppose to eat but I never do.

Here is my journal for today

Breakfast
1/2 cup skim milk - .5
1 poached egg - 2
1 slice toast - 1

Lunch
kudo bar - 2

Dinner
1/2 cup kraft velveeta mac & cheese - 4
13 oreida golden fries - 2
1 hamburger bun - 3
1 turkey burger - 4
1 slice ff cheese - 1
1/8 c ketchup - .5

Dessert
1 cup ff sf ice cream - 3.5
2 table ff caramel topping - 2
2 table lite choc syrup - 1

Total for the day 26.5 stayed in my points.....YIIIIPPPPEEEEE!!!!

I love sleep overs with the kids, even to this day now that my son is 15 yrs old it is pretty much the same except I don't get woke up in the morning they are normally still in bed at noon....LOL We have to make a trip to the dr. tomorrow my son has been hacking around for a week now and I think that is long enough with trying to home remedy it. I probably shouldn't have waited this long but completely forgot about the long weekend. He will go to school and I will get him out early they just love at the High School!!!!!

Well how did your day go? How was the fair did you stay away from all the fair food? I know we have a big fair coming the end of September and we are going to see Aaron Tippon and I know I will want to eat and eat but I will go with super willpower.....lol

Let me know you did today and don't forget tomorrow is your "E"" day!!!!!

Sassy
Old 09-02-2002, 06:59 PM   #10  

Lightbulb Gravy

Thanks for the tip on the gravy! I could have used that yesterday with my roast and mashed potatoes. I will have to get some. I went grocery shopping today and found the skinny corn chips to try. And I found the low fat pancakes for a change in the morning.

Old 09-02-2002, 09:32 PM   #11  
soon to be goddess

Talking Hi, just checking in....

Hi Sassy!! Well my trip to the fair was a little more involved than I thought. Today was one of the hottest days so far and I worked my buns off for those little kiddies and their prizes. The look in their eyes made it all worthwhile though. They were spellbound and tongue tied as to what to redeem their prize tickets on. Half the time they just stood there saying nothing. hahaha....and then the smiles and dopey look when they got their prizes...PRICELESS!! Everyone loves a fair stuffed animal right? We had puppydogs,tigers, puppy pouches, puppy keyrings....and lots of toys. But the 3 hours certainly took a toll on my voice....its killing me. Anyway, I wasn't tempted in the least with all the carnival foods except......A CANDY APPLE. ohhh, it soooo red and shiney!!! I asked for some help on food pts, and another poster thought it would be about 7-8 pts. I don't think I could it all of it for that many but might do with 4 pts for half. Its still sitting in the fridge....maybe tommorow....????
My day was good but not a regular day in that at lunchtime I was working the prize booth for 3 hours so I munched a little too much on some of the legal snacks I brought with me. Good, but could have been better.

miniwheats
skim milk................4
peach....................2

yogourt.................2
pretzels.................4

cheese sandwich....3
peach.....................2 *can you tell dh brought back the juiciest
peaches straight from the grove?*

skinny cow.............2

2 poached eggs.....4
boca pizza burger...3
2pc bread................1...............27

Pretty good huh? I still banked a few pts...(maybe for that candy apple...lol) Thanks for reminding me about "E" day. The boys are on the buses by 6:30 and 7:30 so that will be perfect timing for me to do my thing!!! See you tommorow!! bye
Old 09-03-2002, 09:59 AM   #12  

Unhappy Not A Good Start

Well I am off track here this morning! I had started to go to Curves right after I drop my son off from school. But needless to say he isn't going in today I have to take him to the dr. he has been sick with a cough and that for a week now. So I had all intentions of getting anyway at 630 and going over to work out anyway. Well I didn't get up till 9 this morning, and I am kinda loafing here having my coffee and that. So I guess I will have to go over when they reopen after lunch.....bummer I like to go early!!! My hubby is still home for the holiday he will leave this afternoon for MA and then he will back home on Thursday for the weekend again.

I was going to make bean soup today but forgot to soak my beans overnight so now I am making eggplant parm. I have never made bean soup before and was all excited but it was a rat race here last night and I forgot!!!

Good going at the fair that is great. Just think of all the AP points you earned without even trying to!!! Kids smiles make the world go around! I miss having a little one since mine is a teenager now but he is a good kid.

Candy apple that is a good question I think the other memeber is pretty right on with it. Just eat 1/2 of eat or allow for it somewhere in your points today.

I am jealous fresh peaches right from the grove....MMMMMMMMMM! I love fresh peaches!!! But they are hard to find around here not to many farmers have any that are any good this year.

Have you ever tried artichock hearts? I have been wondering what they are like.

Well I will check back in later have to get a shower and that so I can run him to the dr. office.

Sassy
Old 09-03-2002, 11:16 AM   #13  
soon to be goddess

Talking okay....pep talk time.....

Hey Sassycat. Sometimes things don't go to plan eh? Well, they will. Soak your beans....it will taste even better tommorow! Believe me....they need soaking or you'll be full of gas...(sorry but its true) Run your son to the dr. and stop by the video store for some movies for him, and while he's watching those....you go for a walk or go to Curves. I agree about the early morning workouts, they sure give you some energy. This morning I was able to do my walk!!! YEAH for me!!! I did a 30 min walk, so that equals 3 AP's right? Hope so, I think I'll just right them down and hope that I don't need them for extra. I am sooo pumped right now, I've already done 2 loads of laundry, grocery shopping and a quick trip to the library. I checked out no less than 15 books!! Something for everyone. I love having the library so close, its nothing to run over there and get some books. Dh is an avid reader with about 5 books aweek, so he's taking some advice and reading the library books and I' m saving the money!!! (believe me it sure adds up) I also, am enjoying the time for reading, before when I worked I hardly ever picked up a book....I HAD NO TIME....but now that I'm a 'lady of leisure'...(HA!!) I am reading several books a week. Better run, as I have a friend coming over to watch "the horse whisperer" with ....(sigh) Robert Redford and some f.f popcorn!!! I'll check in with you later. bye
Old 09-03-2002, 05:41 PM   #14  

Talking "Lady of Leisure"

Ok you caught my attention there!!! Lady of leisure NOT!!! I don't know how I had time for everything when I was working! I seems impossible when I look at it now.

Ok the dr appt was a trip let me tell you. We waited for an hour to see the dr. only to tell me exactly what I already knew and to give him an antiboditic. He has an upper resporitory infection. He is on the antiboditic and sudfed. We have to kinda watch him cuz when he was born he had a hole in his heart and he had open heart surgery when he was 2. He is ok now but we still have to watch when he gets infections in his lungs. He isn't allowed to varisty football which is a big let down since our town was #1 High School Football in the USA for so many years. He don't mind it though he knows he can't.

I never saw that movie is it any good? Robert Redford yeah is a good looking guy! I remember when I was kid I went to see one of his movies and I was so in love with him.

I made it to Curves!!!!!! Had a good workout I think, I might walk then to tonight if I get bored and the fridge starts to call my name....... Your 30 min walk should count as 3 AP's as long as you walked brisk. I don't know if you are suppose to eat them or not I haven't been but then I haven't really been hungry enough to. I can't remember I am having a "blonde" moment as my hubby always tells me since I am blonde!!!

I used to love to read in fact that used to be the only way I could go to sleep at night but I have gotten out of the habit I should probably get back into it, to give me some quiet time.

I will send my journal a little later here tonight not sure what my snacks are going to be we ate an early dinner since DH had to leave to go to MA for tomorrow morning!!!
Old 09-03-2002, 08:05 PM   #15  

Talking Journal for Tuesday

Ok I had a very good OP day!!! Believe it or not with everything going on. My son says he feels a little better already so off to school tomorrow. And DH is off and running so tomorrow I will clean house after I walk with my mother in law in the morning.

Breakfast
3 aunt jemima low fat pancakes - 2 pts
1 serving lite mrs butterworths - 2 pts
1/2 cup skim milk - .5 pts

Lunch
M&M Cookie Bar - 4 pts (I know I shouldn't have but I did not even worth the 4 pts)

Dinner
1 cup angel hair - 4pts
my sauce - 2 pts
1 pc texas toast - 4 pts

Snack
2 oz kraft free cheese - 1.5pts
1/4 c pizza sauce - 1 pt
english muffin - 2 pts

Total 23 points and I earned 3 AP points so that is 7 points into the bank for later use if I need them.

And I am putting my beans to soak tonight, I will not forget this time!!!!!

How did you do today? Did you have to use your AP points?

Catch ya later! Have a great night!!!!
Closed Thread