Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 10:02 PM   #31  

Angry Monday

Hey there where have you been all day? I thought I had a busy day! Did you get your walk in today?

I had an OP day and trying to repair the damage that I did over the weekend. Walked at leisure pace due to ankle yet for 40 mins earned 2 AP's and then went to Curves and did really good there so 2 more AP's. But here I go again only made it to 21 points when my low point is 22. I don't know if that 1 pt counts or not.

Here is my journal for Monday
Breakfast
1/2 skim milk 1 pt
lean pocket breakfast sand 3 pts

Lunch
Lean Cuisine swedish meatballs 6 pts
2 slices diet bread 1 pt

Dinner
1/4 c ketchup 1 pt
1 cup butter beans 3 pts
13 oreida golden fries 2 pts
1 T rf mayo 1 pt
4 slices center cut bacon 2 pts
2 slices diet bread 1 pt

No snacks but not enough fruit and veggies today I didn't have time I guess. Maybe I should drink something like orange juice or something in the morning to get a fruit in and add some points. What do you think?

Well I guess I better get to bed I have to get DH up at 5am he got to come home tonight unexpectly. How are the boys doing in school? Stevie is doing ok he is at the age where he don't like it but he does it.

Are we meeting in chat at 10am on Tuesday morning?

TTYL
Sas
Old 09-10-2002, 07:16 AM   #32  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Default sorry......

Hi Sassy. I will post my day and journal for yesterday a little later. I won't be able to meet for chat today as I am volunteering for the first time in L's school this morning. I'm pretty excited (as he was....) because afterwards I'll join him for his lunch. He seems to really enjoy me doing this as it makes him special. Most of the children have both parents working and can't make it. This is one of the reasons I love staying at home....because I love the way his face lights up when he see's me when he gets off the bus!!! On my way to get E off to school....and then me off to school!! haha....I'll try to touch base later. Maybe chat at 2pm? bye
Old 09-10-2002, 02:11 PM   #33  

Smile That is so neat!

That is so cool that you get to do that with your son. I worked when my son was younger I have only been home since March of this year so I missed out on so much. So what did he think of Mom being in school with him? What did you get to do with the kids? I did chaperone a class trip when he was in 4th grade we went to our state capital (Harrisburg), that was fun only bad part was riding a school bus again...too bumpy

So far I went to Curves this morning and I am going to walk closer to like 630pm hopefully it cools off a little before then, it is about 86° and humid. I got some peaches at farmer's market they are awesome nice and sweet.

DH left again at 630 this morning I don't know if he will make it home or not tonight. It makes it hard sometimes to figure out meal plans when you don't know who is going to be here or not.

I normally check myself on the scale at least once a day and I am trying to break that habit I haven't done it since Sunday. I am hoping to look at it on Friday and be really amazed.

Talk to you later!
Sas
Old 09-10-2002, 05:01 PM   #34  

Hey Angel....I am jealous you get to go to school with the boys!!! I have wanted to help out with Jesse's school functions but it is always hard when I have Kail and he loves to get into stuff.....but he will be getting better about touching stuff soon...I HOPE....ha ha
I am so glad I found you online again.....you and I managed to always keep in touch and then we lost touch this summer when we both got off the wagon it seems......can you believe that it is has been over a year now that we have chatted.....I cant!!!

One positive note for today.....so far I have managed to stay OP and believe me with all the darn goodies in the house for the boys.....thats a bonus for me......especially considering there are cheese doodles and mini 3 musketeers bars in the cupboards....those are like 2 of my all time favorite things.....and there is a HUGE bowl of alfredo with shrimp in it sitting in the frig from last nights dinner.....arghhhh....LOL....but I am managing to keep myself behaving!!! I did weigh in this morning and I was at 184lbs....that is 13lbs I put back on since summer began!!!

I think if I can keep myself in touch with you and others thru message boards and chatting.....I can get back on track.....I found it so good to hold myself accountable when buddying up with you and L and the others before!!!

When do you generally sneak into chat? Let me know and I will try to hook up with you!!!

Sassy and Judy......I hope to get to know you both as well as I know Angel.....she and I first started chatting I think in Jan of 2001.....right after having my last baby.....and I found it very inspiring and kept me focused when I would have to tell everyone on our thread what had gone in my mouth and what hadnt......LOL.....take care and hope to talk soon.....Lisa
Old 09-10-2002, 10:54 PM   #35  
soon to be goddess

Talking hey ladies......

Hi Sassycat and Mom.
Sassycat.....sorry about chat, and I even suggested the time! I thought we were hooking up tommorow and forgot all about today. haha...a sure sign of old age.... lol
How was your curves workout? I hope your trying to pace yourself with your ankle.....wouldn't want a set back now. In answer to your question about lunch.... L loved it. He took my arm and walked me to the table. I know now why....normally during lunch the first 15 min or so are non-talking time. (so you eat your lunch) but when a parent visits.....you can talk as much as you want!!! and believe me.....he didn't shut up. haha...we had a good time. I was helping in the copy room doing laminating and copying. Those are quite the industrial size machines!!!

I've been having a good few days, although today was a real "carbo snack" day. I haven't tallied up my pts yet, but hopefully I'm within my range. My 2 boys were a real challenge this afternoon, and I kept reaching for the quick fix when what I really needed was some time away from the kitchen. Oh, well...I'll know next time.

hey Mom!!! nice to see you posting again. Sassycat meet Mom. Mom meet Sassycat. Keep those goodies away mom......it doesn't get any easier but out of sight....is out of --------....MOUTH!!! thats right!!! And as for the Alfredo.....pack it up and give it to Brent!!! ha...he should like that.

Are you 2 up for chat tommorow? I'll try for 10 am again, but will also be watching the 9/11 broadcasts. I can't believe its already a 1 yr anniversary. What a tragedy.... all those lives, hopes and dreams . I bought a 9/11 retrospect book showing many pictures from that fateful day and hero's,family members and personal stories of tribute. Truly inspiring.

No journal today, I didn't do very well but tommorow is another day. Hopefully with less homework challenges and no fighting. See y'all tommorow. (see? I'm just fitting in so well)
Old 09-11-2002, 07:12 AM   #36  

Not much time right now as I need to get Jesse ready for school....I need to run to post office after getting him on the bus and I should be into chat around 10am but I will be starring at the tv too watching the tributes!!! I think we owe it to the families of the lost ones to pay tribute to them for the HEROES!!!

Be back in around 10am to chat and post my journal....I made it an OP day and stayed within points...yeah yeah yeah!!!
Old 09-11-2002, 07:16 AM   #37  

Unhappy Sad day

Hi Angel and Mom! Yes Angel it is a very sad day today, I have alot of mixed emotions as I am sure everyone else in America does. I will also try to watch as much as I can of the 9/11 tributes. Our kids have to go thru metal dectors today and let them search their bookbags. We are a community of maybe 26,000 do you believe that we have to do this to keep our kids safe?

Wow Angel back to school for you!!! That was really cool! I bet he felt so big with his Mom at his table for lunch. Do you scrapbook or anything? If so make that a page because they don't stay little for long. I can't believe mine is 15 already and almost ready to go out into this big world. The boys get alot of homework? S is in 9th grade and he hasn't got all that much yet but he has to start his Senior project they have to do so much each year to get it going.

Chat at 10 is great I will be there and hope Mom is there to. Mom yes stay away from the goodies you buy for the kids I have had such willpower as far as the junk food goes I can't believe it. Just "SAY NO"! I have a nice bowl of fruit on the counter now that I just grab out of that.

Here is my journal for Tuesday
Breakfast
1 1/4 c rice krispies 2 pts
1 c skim milk 2 pts
Banana muffin 3 pts

Lunch
healthy choice veggie pizza 5 pts
1 peach 1 pt

Dinner
fried cabbage 3 pts (low fat version of hulshski)
asain chicken 3 pts
1 c brown rice 4 pts

Snacks
rf klondike bar 4 pts
4 gingersnaps 2.5 pts

Total 29.5 pts so that means I ate some of AP's from today first time since I started.

I went to Curves in the am, then walked around 7pm wow what an exciting walk we went to the park up by the power plant and we were walking and there in the path was a snake talk about screaming I hate snackes.

Well see you both in chat hopefully!
Sas
Old 09-11-2002, 09:18 AM   #38  

Default Journal for 9/10

Breakfast:
4 slices light bread toasted 2pts
8oz. orange juice 2pts

Lunch:
2c sugar puffs cereal 4pts
1c rf milk 3pts

Dinner:
3c salad greens o
6 cherry tomatoes 0
1c cukes 0
2Tbsp dressing 1pt
2 slices light bread 1pt
tuna mixed with light mayo 2pts

Snacks:
20 baked tortilla chips 2pts
1/4c salsa 0
english muffin with jam 3pts

Total of points used: 22 pts
Point range: 22-27

I think I drank too much water.....ha ha....I was up all night running to the bathroom!!!!

I will see ya in chat!!!
Old 09-11-2002, 11:18 PM   #39  
soon to be goddess

Wink a good day

Hi you two. Thank goodness I had a good day after yesterdays snack attack. I managed to go out for a walk, not sure as it was a new route but I think it was close to 2.5 miles. In any account I'm counting it as 3 AP's. With a 'better late than never' attitude I left at peak temp....and came home with too much excertion and feeling not too good. My face was ....lets say.....as red as a radish and the sweat was dripping off of my arms.

I came in the door as the phone was ringing only to find out that my youngest son was throwing up in his class and I needed to pick him up. What a sight I must have been arriving at the school. So we're driving home and he says he's going to be sick again.....thank goodness I happen to have a shopping bag in the front seat. The stuff just came coming....poor little guy. Then came the fevers of 102 and after some medicine (and a few tv shows) came some sleep. I finally popped him into bed at 7 pm and hopefully he'll have a restfull and uneventful night.

I did make some choc.pumpkin muffins in the meantime, and boy are they good. I really needed a chocolate fix today. Tommorow some ripe banana's are calling me to turn them into Sassy's banana muffins. I'll freeze some and I know the other one's won't go to waste!!... lol as if!!! I'll post my journal tommorow as it was a good one with well rounded pts. ONe more day for weighin.....Mom? what day are you going to pick for weigh in?
Just a thought....but why not join us for Fridays' That way, the weekend if splurged....won;t really affect you. Hope you both continued on with your day amidst all the 9/11 tributes. I thought President Bush's speech tonight was truly inspiring. A very proud moment for sure. Good night ladies.....bye
Old 09-12-2002, 07:31 AM   #40  

Red face Thursday morning

Well it is Thursday morning getting ready to take my son to school here in a couple minutes. Then I am off and walking hope it wakes me up I feel dead.

Angel oh no, I remember those days. I hope it was just an 24 hr bug and he feels better today. I think we feel worse when they are sick then we do when we are sick. Are you keeping him home from school today? You should try to walk when it is a little cooler out like in the morning or later in the evening, here it only got to like 71 yesterday and very windy so it was tough walking against the wind felt like March.

Mom that would be a wonderful idea for you to WI with us on Fridays. And yes you have all that time to get the weekend off you if you splurged.

Here is my journal from yesterday:
Breakfast
2 T rf pnut butter 4.5 pts
2 ff eggo waffles 2 pts
1/2 c skim milk 1 pt

Lunch
peach 1 pt
leftover fried cabbage 3 pts

Dinner
4 med shrimp .5pts
seafood linguine 7 pts (HORRIBLE--from the Simply the Best Cookbook)

Snack
Chips Ahoy Dessert 5 pts

24 pts used ate the mid range today I earned 3 AP's-2 for Curves and then my walk was only leisure my ankle was bothering me so I only got 1 pt for 30 mins if I would have went 10 more mins I would have gotten another point Oh well today is a new day!!!!

Talk to you both later have a good OP day!!!!
Old 09-12-2002, 08:11 AM   #41  
soon to be goddess

Wink as promised my journal......

Hi Ladies. In answer to your question Sassy....yes, I'm keeping him home from school today,...(just in case) but the poor little guy..(and poor me) were up at 5:30 am. Thats even earlier than I need to get my older son ready....definitely need some coffee and a nap later on lol

Here's my journal for yesterday.....

4 pc toast...................2
pbutter/jam................2

apple...........................1

2 tomato/mayo sand.....2
yogourt..........................2
pc cake..........................3 *thank goodness last pc)

2pt muffin......................2 *choc.pumpkin....made fresh**
lg peach........................2

1/2 cheese sand........... 1.5

ww's chicken bowl..........4
1/2C wh. rice..................2
extra veggies..................1
ff.sour cream...................1
slice cheese....................1

ww's smoothie................3............29.5

45 min walk for 3 AP

thats it thats all.........
Old 09-12-2002, 08:43 AM   #42  

Hey girls...I dont have a problem with weighing in on Fridays with you girls.....it wont be much of a loss this time though as it will only have been 3 or 4 days.....but I am in!!!

Will you be chatting at all today???

angel....sorry to hear the little one is not feeling well.....I hate it when the boys are sick...you feel so helpless.....Kail has a runny nose and feels a bit warm so I gave him some motrin and hope that the fever doesnt get high.....dont know if I can take him having another one of those seizures!!!...Do be careful walking in the hot heat.....dont need you getting sick from the heat!!!

Sassy......good lord girl...give that poor ankle a rest....ha ha.....

Well I will post my journal a bit later....Kail is quite fussy right now and I need to get him changed and layed down.......talk in a bit.....Lisa
Old 09-12-2002, 09:43 AM   #43  

Default Food Journal for 9/11

Well I could have done better but we went out for dinner and I have sort of based my dinner points by what the points say in the getting started book.

Breakfast:
english muffin w/jam 3pts
8oz. oj 2pts

Lunch:
2 slices light bread 1pt
1/4c tuna w/light mayo 2pts
20 baked tortillas 2pts
1/4c salsa 0

Dinner:
6oz baked fish 4pts
1c mashed potatoes 4pts
1/4c turkey gravy 2pts
1/2c corn 1pt
1 wheat roll 2pts
salad w/vinagrette 4pts
1/2c peach cobbler 5pts

Snacks:
2 Tbsp of light cool whip 1pt

Used 33pts
allowed 27pts

Will shave pts today to cut out the ones I overused yesterday!
But I did do about 2hrs worth of house cleaning so I didnt do too bad I dont think....and I did not have any snacks after dinner!!!
Old 09-12-2002, 07:52 PM   #44  

Angry Early journal

Hi ladies! I hope you both had an OP day. I did pretty good today stayed OP and exercised. DH is home now for the weekend. We have a driver that takes the truck for the rest of week to give my DH some time off. I spent most of the day here working paperwork for the truck. At least it is alot easier now that we only have 1 truck left it was a pain when we had drivers and more trucks.

How are both the boys feeling? I hope better. Mom what kind of seizures did your son have?

Well I am early with my journal but I am done for the day so I figured I would post it.

Breakfast
1 T brummel & brown 1 pt
1 sm lenders bagel 3 pts
1 banana 2 pts

Lunch
1 cup skinny nacho cheese corn chips 1.5 pts
3 oz lean turkey keibalsa 3 pts
1 lite hot dog bun 2 pts
2 tsp mustard 0 pts

Dinner
5 oz lean steak 6.5 pts
1/2 baked potatoe 3 pts
1/2 cup stewed potatoes 2 pts (i put some sugar & butter in them)
1 cup snow peas 0 pts

Snack
1 small pear

Total 25 points. Earned 5 AP points which I didn't use and of course we lose our bank tomorrow so bye bye points.

Have a great evening!!!
Sas
Old 09-12-2002, 11:18 PM   #45  
soon to be goddess

Talking another day done.....

Hey Sassy and Mom.......I had a good day and tried to stay out of the muffins!!! but we'll see tommorow. I wasn't able to go for my walk today and I 'used' the excuse that my son was staying home from school because he was sick. Truth be known....I was too tired and it was a little difficult to bring him along.....yawn, up at 5:30.....yawn.

Here is my journal-

lg bowl of miniwheats.............3.5
skim milk..................................2
mini muffin................................2

peach......................................2
2 graham crackers...................3

omlette.....................................1
mushrooms...............................0
cheese......................................1

skinny cow.................................2
celery/ff cr. cheese....................0
cookies/muffin...........................6

1C spaghetti..............................4
1.5 boca burger........................ 1.5
salad/dressing............................1............. ....29

hit my middle range for pts today......but no excercise pts

GOOD LUCK WITH THE WEIGHIN......TOMMOROW LADIES!!!!!
Closed Thread