Calorie Counters - ~St. Patrick's Day Challenge~

View Full Version : ~St. Patrick's Day Challenge~

Kristi78
02-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Since Valentine's Day is this weekend, lets start a new challenge! St. Patrick's Day is March 17th and just over a month away. I want to continue working out 3-4 days a week with Walk Away the Pounds and stay on plan with my calorie log. I am 9 pounds from reaching the 200 lb mark....so close! My goal is 6 pounds for this challenge.

Anyone else want to join in??

:drinkup:

jigglefree
02-11-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm in. My goal is to be in a regular size 18 by then and right now I'm in a 20. My calorie budget is 1300-1400 calories and I will be working out to the 30DS five times a week and going to the gym 3 times a week. Gotta work off this belly. :exercise::lifter::running:

Ali87
02-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm in!
I want to be at my lowest adult weight so far. 185lbs!
So i've got 9lbs to lose. if i stick to the 2lb a week mark i'll make it.

good luck!

evoo
02-11-2010, 05:02 PM
I have a newbie question -- how do the challenges work? Do I just set a goal and chat on this thread while trying to achieve it? Or are there certain check-in times/places? :?:

Aiesline
02-11-2010, 05:44 PM
i'm in. I met my vDAY goal a while back and kinda just maintained for a bit. I'm sitting at 187. I'd like to be at 182 by St paddy's day :) Whoot!

PeanutsMom704
02-11-2010, 06:04 PM
I have a newbie question -- how do the challenges work? Do I just set a goal and chat on this thread while trying to achieve it? Or are there certain check-in times/places? :?:

I guess different people may have different parameters, but yes, this is what I've done on the challenges I've participated in.

PeanutsMom704
02-11-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm in for this - I'd like to be in the 2-teens by St Patricks Day!!! And that would also be the half way point to my current goal, so it would be a great place to get to for me. Slightly ambitious because my pace isn't that fast, but I like having something to work towards.

Kristi78
02-12-2010, 01:44 AM
So glad to have everyone participate! I just wanted a thread where we could post our progress and keep each other motivated with our own goals. It is so much easier to break this journey into baby steps and focus on those successes.

I had an awful craving for fast food today. I did give in, but counted every single calorie. In the end it was not as satisfying as I imagined! Funny how that is sometimes.

Happy Friday!

evoo
02-12-2010, 07:26 AM
I guess different people may have different parameters, but yes, this is what I've done on the challenges I've participated in.

Thanks!

I'm in. Since I'm just starting out and it's usually pretty easy to melt the pounds off in the beginning I'll go with a lofty goal and say I'd like to see the 180s by St. Patrick's Day. :cool:

parkedout
02-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Count me in too. I am new...but you have to start somewhere, right?:)

joyc21
02-12-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm in. I would like to be in the 180s by St. Patrick's Day. I know I will really have to push to get there but I think I can do it. I'm going to continue keeping my calories at 9800 per week but add more cardio to my current workout regime.

Crystalx5
02-12-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm in. My goal is one pound per week. So by St. Patricks day, I will be down a minimum of 4 pounds. I have to stay realistic for me as my weight loss has slowed drastically -sigh- So I will weigh no more than 138.6 come that day!

babygrant
02-12-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm in!

I want to reach my 1st and 2nd goals listed in my signature. In onederland which I hope to do by Monday, and get down to "overweight" for my BMI, no more obese.

parkedout
02-12-2010, 11:28 AM
I forgot to say my goals!! Sorry!:dizzy:

I would love to hit ONE-derland by ST Patricks Day. Thats 11 pounds. Lofty(for me) but I know if I try hard and give it a good push I can get it done!:D

moonkissed
02-12-2010, 01:43 PM
:carrot: I am in! I hope to drop 10lbs and also to count my calories everyday!

MotoMichelle
02-12-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm in. :luck2you:

Starting weight: 175.8
Goal weight: 169.8
Total weight loss goal: 6 lbs.

Kristi78
02-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Parkedout & Babygrant~ I can't wait to reach onederland and never go back! This is the last time EVER that I will be over 200lbs.

I plan to watch the opening Olympic ceremony tonight. Just think of the dedication those athletes must endure for YEARS before they reach the Olympics. Such inspiration! Guess what. We can accomplish our goals too, one day at a time :D

:goldpot:

Mawkish Mo
02-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Count me in too! I'd like to lose four pounds/ be at 137 for St. Patty's Day as well as walk 2 miles every day.

mkyice
02-12-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm in. I want my BMI to be out of the obeses range.

NorthernExposure
02-13-2010, 12:12 AM
I'm in! Since I'm too new to have a signature, this is where I will declare my current mini-goal.

I want to be at 249. 25 total lbs lost since I started this whole thing on January 5th AND be under the psychological 250 mark.

VickieLou
02-13-2010, 12:58 AM
Sw: 234.8
Gw: 220

March 17th weigh in: 236.4. I GAINED 1.6 LBS.

parkedout
02-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Parkedout & Babygrant~ I can't wait to reach onederland and never go back! This is the last time EVER that I will be over 200lbs.

I plan to watch the opening Olympic ceremony tonight. Just think of the dedication those athletes must endure for YEARS before they reach the Olympics. Such inspiration! Guess what. We can accomplish our goals too, one day at a time :D

:goldpot:

I get what you are saying. And speaking of olympics.... doesn' t it feel like it takes an olympian effort to get this done sometimes??:D

JennyG
02-13-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm in!!!!
I want (I mean, I'm going) to be 189 by St Patrick's day!! Thats 7 lbs in a little over 4 weeks, right?! Do-able!! Except, my weight loss has drastically slowed down as well. Anyways, this is my first challenge on 3FC, here it goes!

Cheers!!

Kristi78
02-13-2010, 04:37 PM
I get what you are saying. And speaking of olympics.... doesn' t it feel like it takes an olympian effort to get this done sometimes??:D

Haha, oh yes. I think for anyone that has battled weight in their life, this IS our Olympics!

Lori Ann
02-14-2010, 04:35 PM
I'd like to lose 10 lbs for SPD. I just bought the Jillian Michaels DVD and I've been good at counting my calories. 10 lbs seems doable at his stage.

SPDC: current weight 276
Goal: 266

JennyG
02-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Alright - LET THE CHALLENGE BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!! I got 7 lbs to drop, and probably 9 after the dinner I have tonight :P

Bamachic
02-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Count me in on this. My goal is to lose 10 lbs. by St. Patrick's Day.

Margalo
02-14-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm in! I am aiming to get down to 195 (8 lbs), and to work out at least three times a week.

jamleigh78
02-14-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm in too!!! My goal is to lose 10 lbs. I will weigh in on Wednesday so I will post my starting number then. Good luck everyone!!

Kristi78
02-14-2010, 06:50 PM
I hope everyone had a great and healthy weekend! The last couple weeks I've been using my WATP videos, but today my daughter and I went hiking!!! It felt sooo good and it really kicked my behind. Since the weather is great this time of year in AZ I am hoping to get out and do this more often. I feel so accomplished! :D

DaisyNicole
02-14-2010, 07:24 PM
1 month... i'd like to be 185. Also make sure i am getting all my training in properly for the Monument Ave 10K that i am doing March 27th.

I am also trying to build more upper body strength. I'd like to be able to do 5 weight assisted pull ups, with 20 lbs less assistance that i am using now.

parkedout
02-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Well, calorie wise I am doing well... did not do any formal exercise... But I did groom my mare, and my arms were burning by the time it was all said and done. That girl must have plastered herself in mud. ICK!

I see there are two challenges running. I think I will continue to post in this one, as I am already subscribed. And we may all be newish-but you have to start somewhere, right!?

We can do this ladies! Onward!

farn00a57
02-15-2010, 12:23 AM
I'm in!! I want to be down 20 pounds by March 17th! I will be leaving that day for Mexico, so I have another great motivator~!! I want to continue to exercise 5-6 days out of the week, at least 30 minutes per time. Stay under 1500 calories a day and drink around 70 ounces of water every day.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!!!! Let's kick some FAT!!!!! :)

parkedout
02-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Today is going well so far. I have had breakfast, packed a snack and only have to work half a day!

Then its cleaning marathon time at the house... and possibly in my tack room if the temperature rises above cold as ****!! ;)

Did not do my workout DVD this morning, played outside with my dog instead. But will jump right back on the exercise train tomorrow...PROMISE!

How's everyone doing?

jigglefree
02-15-2010, 10:24 AM
The morning is going well so far. I had my protein smoothie for breakfast, my cheerios for snack and been chugging down the water. I will be going to the gym in bout an hour.

This is going to be a great month and we are all going to meet our goals.

Back from the gym and I was hitting it hard. I actually ran good. I kept telling myself I could do 15 more seconds so I lasted a lot longer. I'm feeling good about this challenge.

Tracy2863
02-15-2010, 11:09 AM
I would love also to jump in on this challenge.

SW : 145.3
GW : 140

Secretly I am hoping to reach 139.9! LOL! Thanks so much for posting this challenge for us all to participate in. :)

PeanutsMom704
02-15-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm still in! Doing pretty well staying OP but having some scale issues so no loss to report this week, at least not officially. I'm getting a new scale today, though, so hopefully, I'll be able to report progress soon!

farn00a57
02-15-2010, 09:07 PM
no weight down today. I am still under my calorie intake for the day and worked out 45 minutes on the elliptical. so I'm happy! how was everybody else's day?!
~Ashley

evoo
02-16-2010, 08:13 AM
How is everyone's Tuesday coming along so far?

I met my first mini-goal today. I weighed in UNDER 200 lbs! :carrot:

I'm now at 199 which puts me 10 lbs from my St. Pat's goal of under 190. I can do this!

I also overcame a pretty big hurdle (for me) yesterday. Due to some circumstances beyond my control I got very little sleep on Sunday night (about an hour and a half) and normally I will eat myself awake to get me through the day but yesterday I more than stayed on plan and did so quite easily. I was very pleased.

farn00a57
02-16-2010, 08:55 AM
Good Morning! I'm down two pounds today so just 18 more before I hit my goal!
Going to now exercise for 45 minutes before going to class until 8:30 pm. Long day ahead!! Have a good day everybody! :)

Tracy2863
02-16-2010, 09:36 AM
CW : 145.3 (no change)

jigglefree
02-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Today is going great. Got my workout in this morning and will be doing cardio after I get off work. Since I measure in inches, I won't be giving a status report until Friday evening or Saturday morning. Looking forward to so good stats because I'm hitting it hard.

Is anyone excited about this challenge or is it just me. I love having something to look forward to and seeing results of pushing myself. I wish I had started this the day after I had the baby two years ago.

parkedout
02-16-2010, 10:42 AM
WTG EVOO!!! Nice job!

And I am also very excited about this challenge. There is nothing in my way but ME and I am steadily pushing myself into gear. I only weigh once a week... so no scale progress, but I was within my calorie budget yesterday. And today is looking like more of the same! ;)

Really ready to start exercising again. Will adopt Nike's "Just Do It" until I can find the 'want to' in myself. No more excuses!!

We can do this!!

evoo
02-16-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm down two pounds today so just 18 more before I hit my goal!

:carrot: Congrats on the loss that's awesome!

Today is going great. Got my workout in this morning and will be doing cardio after I get off work. Since I measure in inches, I won't be giving a status report until Friday evening or Saturday morning. Looking forward to so good stats because I'm hitting it hard.

Is anyone excited about this challenge or is it just me. I love having something to look forward to and seeing results of pushing myself. I wish I had started this the day after I had the baby two years ago.

I'm really excited about it too, jigglefree. I love pushing myself to meet goals -- especially when I get to do it with other like-minded women (and men). :)

WTG EVOO!!! Nice job!

Thanks! :)

Really ready to start exercising again. Will adopt Nike's "Just Do It" until I can find the 'want to' in myself. No more excuses!!

I think that's a GREAT philosophy to adopt until you get the want-to. :)

chubbyphotographer
02-16-2010, 11:27 AM
I am in.I want to be down to 220 by then.

Blairsey
02-16-2010, 11:49 AM
My main goal is to still be dieting on St. Patty's day. I know the weight will keep dropping, as long as I don't give up!

So my goal is to still be here in another month!

parkedout
02-16-2010, 12:00 PM
So my goal is to still be here in another month!
You got that right!:D

Starting is easy. Its keeping going when the scale scorns you, old ways tempt you and people around you stop noticing the changes.

So, that sounds like a wonderful goal to me!

Kristi78
02-16-2010, 12:16 PM
How is everyone's Tuesday coming along so far?

I met my first mini-goal today. I weighed in UNDER 200 lbs! :carrot:

Wow, good for you!!! I can't wait for that day as well :D

Jigglefree~ You are not the only one, I am so excited too! These forums are such amazing positive energy. Love it!

I jumped on the scale this morning and was down about 1/2 pound. I caught myself from that thought "Hmmm, is that it?!" and reminded myself that at least the scale is going in the right direction! Steady wins the race :carrot:

Keep going ladies!!! We can do this :bravo:

evoo
02-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Congrats on your loss Kristi78, you're right steady wins the race and you're headed in the right direction -- that's all that matters. Keep at it! :cheer:

Kristi78
02-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks evoo!!! :D

I finally got my tickers!!!! Yay!

parkedout
02-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Thanks evoo!!! :D

I finally got my tickers!!!! Yay!

Nice! Our long term goals are almost exactly the same... and we are within an inch of the same height and about in the same place currently... WEIRD! :D

And good job on the 1/2 pound!

DaisyNicole
02-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Yesterday stayed on track for Calories (between 1600 - 1800) i came right in at 1790. phew! close! Ran for 25 minutes straight too, to complete C25K Week 6.

Did 30 Day Shred DVD this morning to help with some of the strength training i am doing on days where i don't run. So far today is also on point for calories. I have a Lean Cuisine with salmon and wild rice planned for dinner.

parkedout
02-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Yesterday stayed on track for Calories (between 1600 - 1800) i came right in at 1790. phew! close! Ran for 25 minutes straight too, to complete C25K Week 6.

Did 30 Day Shred DVD this morning to help with some of the strength training i am doing on days where i don't run. So far today is also on point for calories. I have a Lean Cuisine with salmon and wild rice planned for dinner.
That is AMAZING!!! WTG!

susieyarb
02-16-2010, 03:20 PM
I'd like to join in too!

My weight goal will be to get out of the teens.

Exercise goal to continue cardio(either Denise Austin or treadmill or BOTH!) 5 days or more per week and weight/resistance train arms, legs, and abs each twice per week.

Today I've already done Denise Austin Cardio and Abs + Stretch/Yoga. I'd like to get in at least 30 minutes on the treadmill if the baby will keep sleeping :O).

My next weigh in is Monday, 2/22. I'm trying not to become a slave to the scale and just weighing once per week.

parkedout
02-16-2010, 03:44 PM
I'd like to join in too!

Exercise goal to continue cardio(either Denise Austin or treadmill or BOTH!) 5 days or more per week and weight/resistance train arms, legs, and abs each twice per week.

Today I've already done Denise Austin Cardio and Abs + Stretch/Yoga. I'd like to get in at least 30 minutes on the treadmill if the baby will keep sleeping :O).

My next weigh in is Monday, 2/22. I'm trying not to become a slave to the scale and just weighing once per week.

Hey! I weigh on Mondays too(although I am thinking of adding a Thursday weigh in as well...)

Good Luck!

Kristi78
02-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Nice! Our long term goals are almost exactly the same... and we are within an inch of the same height and about in the same place currently... WEIRD! :D

Wow, that is really funny! Kinda cool we are in the same boat :D

susieyarb~ Welcome! It looks like you have an awesome fitness plan. I know what you mean about the scale too, once a week for me as well.

DaisyNicole~ Awesome job! I love that salmon Lean Cuisine too.

Blairsey~ You can do it! Keep us updated on your week. We all need the support :hug:

Lori Ann
02-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Moved a little:
Start weight: 276
Current weight: 274.5

Kristi78
02-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Moved a little:

Yay, great job!

:carrot:

Tracy2863
02-17-2010, 08:25 AM
CW : 144.8 (-.5)

It's a start....a slow one but I will take it!

Crystalx5
02-17-2010, 08:42 AM
I've done good fro me. I'm now down to 142.6, so right on track with my goal so far! Especially after this weekend- usally after what I went through I would've hit the chocolate bar section at the store (even though I really don't like chocolate lol). My van motor seized on Friday- I still owe $1000 on that thing and all I got for it was a measly $300.00- and that was after the $700 mechanics and towing bills GRRRRR................
We can all do this!!!!

evoo
02-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Well, it's Wednesday! How is everyone doing?

I meant to get up early and get my workout in to give myself more time today but that didn't happen. I am just NOT a morning person. So I got morning chores done, the kiddos off to school and I'm going to get 30 minutes in before I head out.

parkedout
02-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Ok, workout is done(at least the first part--I am planning on another mile at lunch--around the walking track). I ate breakfast and am about to go fix my hair and makeup and be off to work.

I feel like today is going to be a really good day.:)

jigglefree
02-17-2010, 09:55 AM
I got a good feeling about this challenge. I had to call my husband to bring my sneakers to me at work because I forgot to bring them for the lunch hour workout. Whenever he brings them I will go workout. Gotta get my hour in, 30 min cardio and 30 min weight training.

I don't do weigh ins frequently but I did one about two weeks ago and when I finished my workout yesterday at the gym I weighed in again. First of all I thought I weighed more than what the scale said so I went bananas. That was a beautiful surprise. Well yesterday I got when I got on the scale I thought I may have lost about 5 maybe 8 pounds. Well I had lost a whopping 15lbs. I almost screamed in the gym.

:flame::flame: Smokin' hot is sure to come!!

parkedout
02-17-2010, 10:21 AM
I got a good feeling about this challenge. I had to call my husband to bring my sneakers to me at work because I forgot to bring them for the lunch hour workout. Whenever he brings them I will go workout. Gotta get my hour in, 30 min cardio and 30 min weight training.

I don't do weigh ins frequently but I did one about two weeks ago and when I finished my workout yesterday at the gym I weighed in again. First of all I thought I weighed more than what the scale said so I went bananas. That was a beautiful surprise. Well yesterday I got when I got on the scale I thought I may have lost about 5 maybe 8 pounds. Well I had lost a whopping 15lbs. I almost screamed in the gym.

Thats awesome! Nice job!:hug:

jamleigh78
02-17-2010, 10:23 AM
I weighed in today!
Starting weight: 219.4
Goal weight: 209.4
:)

evoo
02-17-2010, 10:57 AM

:carrot: :cheer: OMG! That's Awesome! Congrats on the loss! You keep at it and you are going to be at your goal weight in no time whatsoever! GOOD JOB!

PeanutsMom704
02-17-2010, 10:58 AM
one month to go!!!

I'm dealing with water weight this week (not really TOM, but whatever) so I'm .5 up from last week's weigh in. I am doing my official weigh in on Saturdays now, so hopefully, I'll have a loss to register in a few days.

Not sure I'm going to get to the teens, but it's always good to push myself and see if I can do it, and I'll be happy with whatever loss I can get!

Kristi78
02-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Good Morning Everyone :)

It is so great to hear about the losses! From the small ones to the big ones, they all count. I decided to get on the scale and was pleasantly surprised by a 1.5 pound drop myself. All this hard work does pay off and our bodies are so happy we are treating them well!

Blairsey
02-17-2010, 02:24 PM
I have GOT to stop weighing every day...but I just can't.:o

Glad to still be here.:) Doing great and feeling wonderful!

Congrats on all the losses!:bravo:

evoo
02-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Blairsey, if it makes you feel any better I weigh daily too. I am a numbers girl, even if the scale hasn't budged I like to know what it says every morning as I keep a spreadsheet with my calories total, how much water I drank, whether or not I worked out and if I consumed refined sugars and starches. I think so long as you don't let the scale run your life there is nothing wrong with weighing regularly.

DaisyNicole
02-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Calories are right on track today. Came in at 1616. Just some water for the rest of the evening. I am stuffed anyway from leftover baked beans (vegetarian) plus a turkey wrap with avocado & hummus!

No working out today (Wednesday is my rest day) tomorrow morning i will be back in the gym to start Week 7 of the C25K program. And to try some more pullups!

fruitlady
02-17-2010, 07:33 PM
I went 300 calories over today because I ate way too much fruit. I really love it and I was fighting a craving for peanut butter(my weakness). It worked, but I didn't want to go over my limit. I weigh myself at night and in the morning every day, so don't feel bad. That's how i stay in control.

NorthernExposure
02-17-2010, 10:10 PM
A little progress:
SW: 257
CW: 255.7
SPD GW: 249

Tracy2863
02-18-2010, 07:58 AM
Sw : 145.5
Cw : 144.4 (-0.4)
Gw : 140.5

You know.....I am happy for any loss but I wish I could have big losses like you ladies occasionally. Keep up the good work everyone.

evoo
02-18-2010, 08:19 AM
The scale says I'm down another pound today but I feel ICK! It must be coming up on that TOM because I just feel ef-ay-tee FAT! :mad:

Though, I don't keep track (hubby had a vasectomy 5 years ago... ;) ) so I'm not positive it sure feels like I'll be having a visitor sooner rather than later.

Sw : 145.5
Cw : 144.4 (-0.4)
Gw : 140.5

You know.....I am happy for any loss but I wish I could have big losses like you ladies occasionally. Keep up the good work everyone.

We all weigh a lot more than you do. When you look at the loss as a percentage of what each person weighs they are, relatively speaking, pretty comparable with the exception of special circumstances that cause big whooshes -- but again those people have a lot more to lose, so in the grand scheme of things... ;)

You're doing really well, just stick with it and you'll be there before you know it. :hug:

Blairsey
02-18-2010, 09:26 AM
Mornin' Chickipoos! Down another pound this morn! Yay, yay, yay!:carrot:

parkedout
02-18-2010, 09:59 AM
I didn't weigh this morning... also feeling BLAH from impending TOM... so. I didn't exercise this morning. Ran out of time. But luckily I have gym access at lunch, so looks like a walk might be the trick today.

Had my toast and diet soda. Off to start todays water. Forgot my snack again. What is WRONG with me? I go to the trouble to prepare it, then leave it on the table. :dizzy:

jigglefree
02-18-2010, 10:10 AM
:carrot::carrot: We are going to have a great day today. I'm feeling good and ready to tackle the day as it is. Gonna workout at lunch and go walking with hubby and baby after work.

babygrant
02-18-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm in!

I want to reach my 1st and 2nd goals listed in my signature. In onederland which I hope to do by Monday, and get down to "overweight" for my BMI, no more obese.

I reached my 1st goal on the 15th! Now to get down to 191 lbs and reach my 2nd goal!

Kristi78
02-18-2010, 11:43 AM
I reached my 1st goal on the 15th! Now to get down to 191 lbs and reach my 2nd goal!

Way to go!! :carrot:

Last night I decided to set my alarm early and get my workout done before work. I was so tempted to hit snooze, but I actually got up and did it! Great way to set the tone for the day.

Argghh! TOM is no fun. It sounds like a few of us will be dealing with that next week (including myself). We will get through it!

Have a fabulous Thursday everyone :D

PeanutsMom704
02-18-2010, 12:24 PM
congrats Babygrant on getting to Onederland, and congrats everyone on all the fantastic progress!!

PeanutsMom704
02-18-2010, 12:25 PM
I was totally on plan yesterday - 1300 calories and did 3000+ steps on the Wii Fit while watching the olympics.

For the first time in a long time, I'm looking forward to my WI this week!

PeanutsMom704
02-18-2010, 12:26 PM

as the saying goes, everyone's starting weight is someone else's goal weight. I'm looking to get INTO the teens for my goal! lol!

parkedout
02-18-2010, 04:15 PM
WOW. Today has REALLY turned around. This morning I was depressed abot yesterdays excessive eating, and as the day went on (and I stuck to plan) my frown has been turned upside down.

Thats nice.

How's everyone getting along?

fruitlady
02-18-2010, 08:35 PM
I was down about gaining weight from eating to many calories yesterday from eating too much fruit. But today, I am under my usual calorie intake( 1060cal.), so maybe I'll lose. I feel proud of myself for doing so well today. Now I can keep going!

NorthernExposure
02-18-2010, 08:41 PM
TOM for me too. Had a "planned" cheat today (Chipotle) which really hit the spot! Still within my calorie budget, so no guilt :). No exercise today though...on the road for a meeting tomorrow. Will have to do a little extra this weekend. I think I'll do ok with the hotel breakfast tomorrow, but wish me luck at lunch...if they have chicken wild rice soup (creamy fatty yummy kind), I don't know if I will be able to resist!!

PeanutsMom704
02-18-2010, 11:06 PM
TOM for me too. Had a "planned" cheat today (Chipotle) which really hit the spot! Still within my calorie budget, so no guilt :). No exercise today though...on the road for a meeting tomorrow. Will have to do a little extra this weekend. I think I'll do ok with the hotel breakfast tomorrow, but wish me luck at lunch...if they have chicken wild rice soup (creamy fatty yummy kind), I don't know if I will be able to resist!!

It's a cliche but nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!

fruitlady
02-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Really did good yesterday and I dropped 2 lbs. I am so happy!

evoo
02-19-2010, 09:03 AM
Good Morning, all! I hope you all are doing well.

I had a great day yesterday. Got in a good strength training workout with a little cardio thrown in for good measure, was right on target for calories and feel great this morning. :)

jigglefree
02-19-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm looking forward to a wonderful day. Worked out at lunch time and went walking with the hubby and daughter yesterday. Stayed on plan eating wise and have a new report. I fit in a size 18w yesterday. Not sure how much closer that brings me to the regular size 18. Anybody knows??

I'm going to be at the gym for lunch and walking with the fam this evening.

Let's get 'er done today, everyone on plan and exercising!! :high:

Tracy2863
02-19-2010, 10:53 AM
SW : 145.5
CW : 144.2 (-0.2)
GW : 140.5

Small but good! Patience....

Aiesline
02-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Everyone seems to be doing so good! I hope those of you who have been ill feel better soon.

I love Chipoltle too. It's so yummy. Haven't had it since I started the diet though.

I think a 18 is about a "half size" down from an 18w not sure though.

I'm stuck on the same plateau I've been at since early January. Gah I will break it eventually. I'm tempted to go off plan for a few days to kick my system in the pants with extra calories (just eat my "maintenance amount") and then go back on plan. Hopefully I'll see my ticker weight again by the end of next week. I'm sitting at 188.2 . the ticker weight was 186.7 so I have a little less than 2 pounds to lose to get there. I'm sure some of this is water weight since I saw 168 earlier in the week.

PeanutsMom704
02-19-2010, 11:15 AM
I fit in a size 18w yesterday. Not sure how much closer that brings me to the regular size 18. Anybody knows??

Congrats on the progress!!

Sizes very between manufacturers, and the proportions are usually slightly different with plus sizes vs. regular sizes, but generally, 16W is pretty close to an 18 regular.

NorthernExposure
02-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Happy to report they did not have chicken wild rice soup, so no temptation :) Probably won't weigh in for a few days due to TOM and extra sodium intake lately. Going to hit the elliptical extra hard tomorrow. Keep it up everyone!!

Blairsey
02-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Down 1 more pound today! :carrot:

DaisyNicole
02-20-2010, 03:19 PM
My goal is 185 and i weighed in at 188.8 today! yippeee!

PeanutsMom704
02-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Updating for 2/20

SW 228
CW 226
GW 219

PeanutsMom704
02-20-2010, 05:43 PM
lots of great progress, everyone - keep it up!!

Tracy2863
02-20-2010, 10:52 PM
2/20/10

CW : 144.0 (-0.2)

At least I am consistent. LOL!

RynKay
02-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Im currently at 145lbs, and am hoping to be to 137 by St.Patricks Day. Thats about 2lbs a week, not easy, but worth a try :]

Tracy2863
02-21-2010, 02:16 PM
CW : 143.3 (-0.7)

Great day on the scales! Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

fruitlady
02-21-2010, 04:38 PM
I gained 2 lbs. I ate too much yesterday, now I have to start over again. I would like to lose 4 lbs. by St. Patrick's Day.

Lori Ann
02-22-2010, 07:21 AM
Moved a little:

Down a little more:
Start Weight: 276
Current Weight: 273

7 to go!

Starify
02-22-2010, 07:24 AM
I'm so in! :D

My goal is to be in the lower 190's :)

jigglefree
02-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Hope everyone had a great weekend. So lets get it going today. Everyone OP and digging deep.

I'm in an 18w and working on getting out of the w but the 17th. I CAN DO IT!

parkedout
02-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Had a crappy weekend, and a TERRIBLE weigh in(thanks to the Day of Pie and it being my TOM--UCK!) but am still pushing through.

We can do this!

Kristi78
02-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Oh boy, my weekend did not go well. I went out on Friday night and calories were way too high, but probably not more than 2500 hopefully. I got sick over the weekend and didn't eat much on Sat. and Sun, but working out was not happening. Of course TOM is this week too. Ugh :halfempty

Bumps in the road, but that's life! Tomorrow is a new day.

I hope everyone is doing well :)

NorthernExposure
02-22-2010, 07:28 PM
In spite of being on the road a few days ago (and eating Chipotle not once, but TWICE), I had a great weigh in today! Down 3.3 lbs since Wed! This not a typical rate of weight loss for me (usually don't lose this fast), but I'll take it :)

SW: 257
CW: 252.4
GW: 249 (25 total lbs lost)

Only 3.4 lbs to go! Oh yeah, and I get to change my avatar today!!

jigglefree
02-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Today is our day to stay on task and get to goal. We have 23 days to go and we can do this.

Yesterday I worked out and had to push because I'm still tired from moving the bed this weekend. But I think I will have a better workout today. I have stayed on plan so I should have no problem getting to my goal.

parkedout
02-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Hey Ladies!:hug:

Well, Yesterday ended on a FINE note(Can anyone say 1300 calories--ON TARGET! YAY!!!:carrot:). Got on the scale this morning---and there was ANOTHER WIN! 206.4... which brings me just 2 pounds away from being HALFWAY to goal!:D

Did Shred this morning(ouchie) and had a healthy breakfast.

Onward!:)

Blairsey
02-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Just wanted to do a little check in to say I'm still here...which is my goal...to keep on keeping on. I'm doing great and am well pleased with my progress.

NorthernExposure
02-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Keep up all the positive energy...we can do this!!

fruitlady
02-23-2010, 08:10 PM
I lost 1/2, so small, a little disappointed

gr82bmom
02-23-2010, 09:41 PM
I am going to do this challenge too. I'm never good at these but I am really giving it my hardest this time around. So, by March 17th I want to be 10 pounds lighter or be wearing my size 20 jeans that are sitting in my closet that I wore in the fall (I've been in sweatpants every day this winter...thank god I'm a SAHM). Whichever comes first...I'll take it! Anyway, wish me luck and I'm wishing it all to you too.

evoo
02-24-2010, 07:11 AM
Welcome, gr82bmom! Good luck on your goal!

Fruitlady, hang in there. You'll have a drop. Remember, you're a 1/2 lb lighter -- even THAT is an accomplishment and you never know when it'll be followed up by a whoosh. ;)

I was feeling very bloated and just blah Monday and Tuesday and my weight has been, basically, as a standstill since last Thursday but this morning I woke up to a whoosh. Had to step on the scale a couple times just to make sure. :dizzy: Since I *am* feeling less bloated now, I'm hoping it'll stick (all of my whooshes thus far have so there IS hope. Hehe.)

That whoosh put me at 194.5 which is 5.5 lbs from my goal of being in the 180's. 5.5 lbs in 21 days. SO do-able. :D

jamleigh78
02-24-2010, 09:46 AM
Had my first weigh in today!
SW 219.4
CW 215.2
GW 209.4

ShylahEQ
02-24-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm new here and joining in a bit behind, but why the heck not!?

I'm hoping to hit 259 by St Patty's Day. That only gives me 7 lbs to lose, but I don't want to stress myself out in my first challenge.

Slow and steady and maybe, just maybe, I"ll be even lower. I'd be happy to see the 250's on my scale!!

parkedout
02-24-2010, 11:41 AM
WTG Evoo and jamleigh! Nice work, ladies! :cp::cp::cp:

I did another Shred today, and have the typical second day soreness--which basically translates to not being able to move certain parts of my body... like my legs...:D (kidding! I can move them, just not very fast!)

Feeling good about where I am today. On plan, exercise is done and nothing but sunshine for the rest of the day.

We can do this!:carrot:

evoo
02-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Hmmm... where's jigglefree? I miss her cheery morning update! She's a breath of fresh air and I don't know if it's just me but her inspiration is just contagious.

Blairsey
02-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Hey Chickies!

I had a nice little drop this morning. I upped my calories for the past couple of days and I'm feeling amazed by how much good food I can eat and still lose. I was eating too few calories for my weight, but I'm trying to get the whole "dieting means starving" mentality behind me. The scale is convincing me that I'm doing the right thing! :cb:

Keep up the good work, Ladies! :cheer2:

gr82bmom
02-24-2010, 01:38 PM
On the right track. I lost .5 lbs from yesterday to today. So 9.5 more to go. Had a good workout on the bike this afternoon. Let's go ladies let's go :carrot: !!!

fruitlady
02-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Evoo, Thanks, you were right, I dropped 1.5 lbs more when I stepped on the scale this morning. Congrads on your weight loss!

parkedout
02-25-2010, 08:10 AM
NIce job on the losses ladies!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

I had another on track day yesterday...and the scale submitted to my authority! 205.6

Its moving in the right direction!

jigglefree
02-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Well I'm down my inch for this week. WOOHOO!! I've been working out twice a day to get the body to submit to my will. I tried my dress on and it's looking better. Looks like I'm going to be a good accessory for my husband on his birthday!!

ShylahEQ
02-25-2010, 01:31 PM
I think I've decided to do a higher calorie diet and see if I can still lose. I found a lot of information on zig zag calories and think that may be the way to go.

What are opinions on stepping on the scale every morning? It makes me personally paranoid, but I can't help but do it.

Down 1 lb from yesterday, think it's still part of my whoosh from that TOM.

fruitlady
02-25-2010, 01:49 PM
I was down a half a pound this morning, so that's good. Now I have 1.5 lbs to go!

gr82bmom
02-25-2010, 01:56 PM
I myself like to get on the scale everyday. I know it's been said that you shouldn't but I think that if you can understand fluctuations and to not beat yourself up about it, for me it's okay. I think it helps keep me in check...say I didn't post that teaspoon of peanut butter I licked off the knife from my kids p&b sandwich I will know why I'm not losing like I should. Plus, I'm still new on this new healthier lifestyle that my weight loss is going to come off quicker for me in the beginning. I am down another 2.5 today! Horray!

Kristi78
02-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Hey Ladies! Sorry for the absence. I got sick last weekend and this week has been a rough one. On the positive side of being sick (if there is one) is that my appetite is gone. I am fighting to eat about 1300 calories a day for the last 3 days or so. Apparently my body is adjusting because I lost about 3 pounds!! In the past I always gained the weight back after an illness, but not this time. 2 more pounds for the challenge, I might have to increase it. Yay!

Keep going :D:carrot:

NorthernExposure
02-25-2010, 07:28 PM
I think I am going to change my goal, yay! My original goal was 249 (-25 lbs), but since I'm only about 2 lbs away from that, I think I will shoot for my next goal, 247 which puts my BMI at 39.9...out of "class 3" obesity! (Now my BMI will actually be "on the charts" on my Wii fit. I started at 44 and will finally be below 40, where the chart starts!!)

Tomorrow is my 20th day on 3FC, I should get my ticker soon :) :)

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Mawkish Mo
02-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Ugh, so I had my wisdom teeth removed today. Haven't ate anything besides some frozen yogurt. I am in so much pain! But yesterday I weighed in at 138 meaning I have only one more pound to lose for St. Patrick's day. After I am back to eating normally, I'll weigh myself and reconsider my goal if need be.

Tracy2863
02-25-2010, 09:25 PM
CW : 143.1 (-0.2)

Woo-hoo!

parkedout
02-26-2010, 06:53 AM
Morning Ladies!

Lets start Friday STRONG!! I am about to go get my workout in. And everyone have a great day!

Tracy2863
02-26-2010, 08:09 AM
CW : 142.9 (-0.2)

Woo-hoo! Slow and steady wins the race! I am keeping up with my average....0.2/per day!

Blairsey
02-26-2010, 08:56 AM
Down 2 pounds this morn! :dizzy:

jigglefree
02-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Tracy - You are doing real good...steady as she goes!! Congrats on the loss so far.

Ok so today it took all I had to drag myself out of the bed and go downstairs to 20 minutes with Jillian. The workout was a struggle but I pressed through. I got to work dragging but I plan to go workout at lunch. I will conquer today because I'm making progress. I know there are going to be days that aren't as easy as others but I must persevere.

Thought for Today - "This present suffering is not worthy to be compared to the glory that will be revealed in us...when we get to goal!!! :hug:

parkedout
02-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Tracy: Nice job!!:carrot:
Blairsey: WTG on the loss!

Jiggle, I like that saying. We can only hope its true! No way to know till we get there... so lets get going!!:D

Today is equally happy. Decided to work out again. Schedule looked like this: Tues: Shred
Wed: Shred
Thurs: OFF
Fri: Shred

And let me tell you. I am not NEARLY as sore as I have been.:)

fruitlady
02-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Gained a pound from yesterday. Ate a little too much, but not bad. Still gained though! I was so mad that a little bit of extra calories would do that! I have 2 lbs. to go now.

ShylahEQ
02-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Cris - that's great about not being as sore as usual. It's the little things that make the biggest difference. hehe

Fruitlady - you can do it, show those 2 lbs who is boss :)

Pity party for me and my crappy day being extended from yesterday... lol

ended up having 2 servings of diogiorno's 200 cal pizza for lunch, but better than hitting McD's for a filet o'fish and a large fries. Small victories.

Here's to a better weekend!!

gr82bmom
02-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Stayed on track today. Ate light through the day because Friday's are pizza night at our house. I almost didn't work out but told myself just do 20 minutes at a medium level...not too hard. I watched my tivo'd young and the restless during my bike times so the time will go by faster. I was so mad at one of the characters (Adam) that I ended up going for 30 minutes at a high intensity (19 mph)...not bad....lol. Then ate a big salad and had one piece of plain pizza and one piece of pepporoni and sausage pizza since I had enough calories
for it. Good day, good day. I will weigh in the morning.

Blairsey
02-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Mornin' Sunshines! Down 2 more pounds this morn. Isn't that crazy!:D

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!

parkedout
02-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Shylah Thanks! I love those little digiornio pizzas too. My fave is the cheese and tomato.

Fruitlady - you can do it!

gr82bmom- I wish my DH would let me put an exercise bike in our living room. I Tivo my soap(All My children) and that would really make the time fly by, huh? Instead I push out a JM video 4 times a week. (I can't do it but two days in a row as of yet! But I am getting better!)

Good Luck ladies!

PeanutsMom704
02-27-2010, 09:28 AM
I ended up changing my starting and current weights because I got a new scale, which unfortunately reads quite a bit higher than my old scale. But the good part is that it reads the same thing even if I get on and off a few times. My old scale would give a different number every time, and not just a small difference, sometimes it would be 3 or 4 lbs apart, a few seconds away!! lol!

So this gets me back up into the 230s, which means my initial goal of being in the 2-teens by St Patricks day isn't too realistic. So now I'm trying to get back into the 220s again. But this time, I think I'll REALLY be there, and not just be relying on an inaccurate scale.

NorthernExposure
02-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Yesterday was my "rest" day from exercise, but I stayed right on plan calorie-wise, even with a dinner out...yay!

DH is on an ice fishing trip this weekend, so I get the house to myself! Going to shop for some hand weights and maybe a couple of DVD's to add to my exercise "toolbox." Would really like to start adding in some upper body work. Need to get rid of some of the upper arm jiggle in time for summer. Could I ACTUALLY wear a sleeveless top in public this year??? Wow. That would be huge for me.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone! Let's all stay OP!

gr82bmom
02-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Down .5 lbs today. I'll take it. So I have 6 more pounds to go for my St. Pat's goal :carrot:.

Parkedout: Yes the time does go by faster for sure. My bike is in my bedroom. It's right in front of my dresser and is a pain when I get in there but I can do it for my health. I've been watching Y&R for 7+ years so I'm a very dedicated watcher...lol. I know, I do need a real life. But I think I deserve it. I have 3 kids under the age of 5 :)

fruitlady
02-27-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm down .5 lbs. today. still 2 lbs to go!

Tracy2863
02-27-2010, 05:32 PM
CW : 142.4 (-.5) :) :) :)

Another good loss!!! I am so excited!

Oh, and thanks parkedout....the dancing carrot made my day!!!!

Tracy2863
02-28-2010, 09:37 AM
CW : 142.2 (-.2)

Back to my normal pace.....it's a loss so heck, I will take that anyday!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend! I can't believe that today is the last day of February. Where has the time gone? Of course, I can't wait until Spring.....I am so excited to hit the pavement for some nice runs!

fruitlady
02-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Stayed the same weight this morning. That's ok with me!

MandyGurl
02-28-2010, 04:09 PM
well there's not much time now til St Patricks day but I'd like to lose 3lbs by then. That would be a total of 13lbs lost for me. I am having a hard time losing any pants sizes!

jigglefree
03-01-2010, 06:16 AM
Today is our day and we are going to make it happen today. :high:

I'm very proud of myself. I got up, all my head screaming let's wait til tonight to workout...:nono::nono::nono:!!! When I hear that voice I know it's time to get up. Not now but later. I'm feeling REAL GOOD today. I'm almost in my regular size 18!!! Gotta keep going.:cheer3::cheer2:

evoo
03-01-2010, 07:16 AM
I'm down 1.5 lbs from yesterday and I think it would be 2.5 since the last time I checked in on this thread. I'm at 192 now, which puts me WELL within reach of my St. Pat's goal by the end of this week. So, I'm going to go ahead and increase my goal a bit and say instead of "under 190" my St. Pat's goal is "to be overweight!" that's 185 lbs.

gr82bmom
03-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Ooooooh not a good weekend for me at all. Stayed up wayyyy too late Friday and Saturday night. When I do that it's like I turn into a Tasmanian devil in the kitchen. So needless to say, not good! My plan is to workout everyday this week, go to bed at 10:00 pm to avoid the taz in me and weigh on Saturday morning to see if I burned some of those awful extra calories away. I can do it!!!

ShylahEQ
03-01-2010, 08:47 AM
i've been scarce this weekend, but all is good overall. Down another 1.5 lbs this morning from last time i posted. Gonna be scarce today too since I'm home with my son today.

Happy monday everyone!

Blairsey
03-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Mornin'. I had a nice weekend and stayed, happily, on plan. Woohoo! I haven't dropped so much as an ounce the past 2 days, but I'm looking forward to the 270s any day now.

I really am enjoying calorie counting. I can't believe I've never tried it before. It's so simple and I feel so good about it.:)

parkedout
03-01-2010, 10:12 AM
PeanutsMom Nice job! I hate it when I have to switch scales, but you are absolutely right. We must live in truth!:)

jigglefree You are so positive and upbeat! I LOVE reading your posts!

evoo WOOO!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

For me, my weekend was full of off plan stuff- I practiced moderation--but two days in a row of it does add up. The scale shows me back to 206--which I absolutely own. I got up, back on plan-- Shredded (and am less sore-except my abs, which are SCREAMING!).

But I feel good. I know this works. You just have to work it!;)

Happy Monday All!

Tracy2863
03-01-2010, 11:47 AM
CW : 142.2 (0)

No change.....:(

jigglefree
03-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Parkedout - I realized my attitude is what's going to keep me. Everyday I talk to myself because I am seeing really good results and don't want to fall off plan. To add to that, it doesn't take much to excite me and if I go down any portion of any inches it's victory and I celebrate it. I'm almost to my St Patrick's Day goal. It has only been about 2 months and I can't see life any other way!!

How is everyone doing on plan today? I'm having a GR8 day!!

fruitlady
03-01-2010, 01:22 PM
1 lb to go! Then I'll have the weight off that I gained from my last binge 8 days ago.

NorthernExposure
03-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Down 1.6 lbs since Thursday! I'm now officially under 250 lbs :). Only a little more than 2 lbs to go to SPD challenge goal :). (247, BMI 39.9!)

Kristi78
03-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Oh boy, what a weekend! Still fighting this cough and crud trying to feel better. As a result I took the week off from exercise but still stayed within my calories. To my surprise I lost 3 lbs!!! I don't understand sometimes but I'll take it! With this loss I met my challenge goal, so now my goal is to reach onederland and lose 4 more pounds. I can't believe I am sooooo close :D

My motivation is still running high and I feel so accomplished! Everyone is doing so great :carrot:

myweightlosstrip
03-02-2010, 03:05 AM
I want to lose 8 lbs by st. patty's day.

gr82bmom
03-02-2010, 07:46 AM
Didn't weigh in today because of my weekend but I stayed w/in calories and exercised as planned.

GOOD WORK LADIES :carrot:

jigglefree
03-02-2010, 09:07 AM
I'm on plan but will be cutting out a lot of carbs today and replacing them with fruit. I want these last two weeks to be a serious push. Did an Jillian's upside down ab workout and it was good. I plan to got to the gym after work.

Okay Lets Make TODAY on ON PLAN WORKOUT MANIA DAY!!!
:lifter::running::exercise::woops::trampo::swim::s trong::ebike:

However you do it get it done!!

Blairsey
03-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Still here...still 280...

parkedout
03-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Down from 206.8 to 206.2... so we're moving in the right direction. Skipped the workout this morning. Had some nasty bad things to handle that put me in a bad mood the whole morning.

Still haven't had any caffiene and have a serious case of the grumps. :mad:

Eating on plan today and plan to walk this afternoon. Its COLD again. Will winter ever end?:?:

NorthernExposure
03-02-2010, 06:36 PM
I knew I shouldn't have weighed in today...wanted to see if I was down another .3 lbs since yesterday so I could officially change my avatar to 25 lbs lost. But alas, it said I had GAINED a pound! Oh well. I will be good and wait until my usual Friday weigh in. (I have been doing some weight training lately, so maybe that's it? Or just a normal fluctuation?) As long as I'm going the right way again Friday, I'll be happy :)

Tracy2863
03-03-2010, 07:49 AM
CW : 142.4 (+.2)

Ugh. It is my first gain in such a long while. Ugh, Ugh, UGh! I know what I did and am very happy with only a +.2 gain but still I am disappointed in myself. Okay, after my pity party, I am back on tracj! Can't wait for tomorrow!

jamleigh78
03-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Weighed in today at 215.4. I'm up .2 lbs from last week :(
SW 219.4
CW 215.4
GW 209.4

Blairsey
03-03-2010, 09:46 AM
That @#$% scale is mocking me. :o

Actually, I'm feeling better about it after looking at my calender. TOM is any day now, so that explains why I've actually gained a pound instead of the nice steady loss I've gotten used to. Here's hoping for a lovely little woosh in the next few days!

Blairsey
03-03-2010, 09:54 AM
So, looking at this entire page of posts, so far...I'm thinking the Earths gravitational pull must have gotten slightly stronger or somethin'!:D

parkedout
03-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Morning Ladies!

I am down another half pound. Back to 205.8...which means I offically lost the weight I gained last weekend. I learned a VERY valuable lesson, that unless I want to pay for a weekend with all the work I had done in the prior week, its best to stay ON PLAN.:p

Got my workout in today. It was EASY getting up at 5am this morning, as I had gone to bed early last night to avoid snacking. That sounds like a win/win to me!:D

Hope everyone is doing well! Only a couple of weeks left! Lets all give it a HUGE push and see how we do!

jigglefree
03-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Going to do my workout after work and eating on plan. I have been struggling with my mind today. I can feel the self destruction pattern coming and I haven't learned how to deal with it.

However, I packed my meals like I do everyday, I brought my workout clothes to go to the gym after work. I just know I have to get my mind in check or the same thing that happened in times past will happen again. Any suggestions?

mkyice
03-03-2010, 04:15 PM
~jigglefree~ hang in there; you can do this!

So it's Thursday morning here, my weigh day. I get on the scale and it says +2.2 lbs. from lst week. WTFreak! But TOM is here, early I might add, and my hands are really puffy. I have been OP all week, so I am hoping this is water retention. But man is it disapointing to see a gain after being on plan all week.

NorthernExposure
03-03-2010, 04:29 PM
I blame the full moon for all the gains we're experiencing!! LOL.

fruitlady
03-03-2010, 06:16 PM
I gained too! 2 lbs. Ate way too much yesterday, so now I have 3 lbs. to lose for the challenge.

Blairsey
03-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Still here. Lost a couple of ounces. 2. I'm fighting the TOM munchies, but at least I'm winning.

parkedout
03-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Scale was down again. 205.2 from 205.8 so, I will take it. THEN I messed up and had cupcakes ! WTH!!!:o:o:o:o

:?::?::?:

Why am I self sabotaging? As soon as I get somewhere new, I start heading for the 'fat hills'. UGH.

Can't take it back, so I am just going to NOT scrap this day--- concentrate on my water intake to flush it out and Make sure I have 'safe' meals this afternoon and evening and hopefully offset the damage.

So disappointed, but determined to make it right!

jigglefree
03-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Parkedout - I was feeling like that yesterday, like I was going to self destruct. Well I did a post on this site and they brought me back center. I'm good now. The main thing is to stop thinking about what you always did in the past and move forward NOW. Don't say what you are always doing. This time is DIFFERENT! So get off the fat hill and go for a walk or whatever you do for exercise. YOU WILL GET TO GOAL!!

I'm having a fabulous day. I got my calories in check, not too many carbs and will be doing the 1 hour workout I did yesterday. I walked/ran two miles on the treadmill and 30 minutes of weight training. Gotta get an ab workout in tonight.

OK lets get to it ladies. There are two weeks left to nail down that goal.

Blairsey
03-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Those 2 ounces I lost yesterday...well, they're back. :carrot: Woohoo! Gotta love TOM! :dizzy: If I wasn't calorie counting, I think I would have binged by now. I did on every other plan I've tried.

Parkedout- Don't get down on yourself over 1 cupcake. You are counting calories, after all...so count up those calories and move on! :hug: I *KNOW* the reason I'm successful this time is that nothing is off limits for me. Making something I really want "off-limits" leads to binges and feelings of guilt and failure, for me. I do make sure most of my food is healthy, high quality stuff, but I enjoy some kind of treat, within my calorie budget, every single day. I'm learning moderation. :carrot:

jigglefree
03-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Today is a great day. I packed healthy foods and my clothes to work out on my lunch break. I can see the size 18 on my body without the W!! I can't wait until next weekend. Getting my dress taken in and we gonna have some fun!!!

fruitlady
03-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Lost a crappy 1/2 lb from 2 days of dieting strictly. At least it's down, not up.

NorthernExposure
03-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Slow week for me. Somehow gained a pound between Monday and Tuesday. Didn't weigh in again until today. Lost the pound I gained and a tad more, so I'm FINALLY down to 249 and have lost 25 lbs (in 60 days!)

2 more lbs to go to challenge goal!

PeanutsMom704
03-05-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm still around but my goal got messed up when I changed scales and ended up having to add 7 lbs to everything. My original goal was to be in the 2-teens, but that's not going to happen.

So I guess my new goal is to get to 226, which is where I was before the scale thing. Well, I think I'll try to get BELOW 226, so that I'm finally losing "new" weight again. I'm counting the current loss in my total amount lost, but I want to see new, lower numbers too!

PeanutsMom704
03-06-2010, 10:02 AM
11 days left - I'm going to push myself to see if I can do this!

SW 235
CW 229.4
GW 226

Blairsey
03-06-2010, 10:03 AM
TOM :mad: I haven't lost anything in 6 days.:mad:

jigglefree
03-06-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm an inch form goal if not at goal. So I have to go to the store to see where I am size wise. I'm looking forward to it but not today. I didn't get enough sleep last night so I'm making up for it today with a rest day. I'm only resting from my intense workout and errands. But I'm eating on plan.

fruitlady
03-06-2010, 09:27 PM
2 lbs to go for the challenge!

Blairsey
03-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Whew! The scale started moving in the right direction today. I know the 1 pound gain and the stall of the past week is all TOM related, but it's still disappointing to be doing the work and not seeing the results. So this morning I'm back down to the weight I was a week ago today. That's better than nothin'.

jigglefree
03-07-2010, 05:30 PM
I made it to my St Patrick's Day goal!! :carrot::carrot:

I'm in a REGULAR SIZE 18!! I didn't have to shop in the plus sizes today. I'm going nuts right now!!

:yay::yay::yay:

NorthernExposure
03-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Good for you, jigglefree!!!

parkedout
03-08-2010, 10:29 AM
WOW!!! WTG ALL!! :carrot::carrot:

I am stalling at 205 from this weekend. I have gone from 205.0 to 205.2... not too bad(had pasta yesterday and skimped on water)... but I will really be giving it a nice hard push today, and the rest of the week

We are in the home stretch! Everyone give it a GOOD PUSH and see where we land!:D

Tracy2863
03-08-2010, 11:31 AM
CW : 141.8 (-.6)

I am back after a short period away. I am happy to report a -.6 loss! We were on vacation for a few days and I have had a house full of sickness here. So all in all, I was extremely happy with any loss! :)

fruitlady
03-08-2010, 06:43 PM
I gained again, now I have 4 lbs to go. I ate way too much yesterday. I hope I can do this.

NorthernExposure
03-08-2010, 07:46 PM
I did it! Somehow lost a bit over 2 lbs over the weekend and weighed in today at 246.9! My BMI is officially under 40.

I will keep checking in here as I work toward my next goal...I have a St. Patty's Day party coming up this weekend so I hope I can keep things in check and not mess up all my hard work!!

Keep it up, everyone :)

PeanutsMom704
03-09-2010, 02:55 PM
congrats Jigglefree and northerexposure!!!!

jigglefree
03-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Congrats NorthernExposure!!! It's so cool when you make goal isn't it!! I have a new one set as well but I'm gonna keep plugging away with the SP Goal crew. I'm kinda attached to every1!!!

Come on ladies one more week before the weigh in so lets make it happen.

fruitlady
03-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Hi everyone, Did really well yesterday and today and I lost 1 lb. 3lbs to go!

PeanutsMom704
03-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Sw 235
Cw 227.4
Gw 226

jamleigh78
03-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Weighed in today, down only .4 lbs :(
SW 219.4
CW 215
GW 209.4

Kristi78
03-10-2010, 12:06 PM
I had a great loss about 2 weeks ago but stalling ever since...:?:

I am staying on plan though. I decided to pay more attention to my fat/carb/protein percentages and make a few adjustments. Hopefully I will have a loss by next week.

fruitlady
03-10-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm still hangin in there, lost another pound. I have 2 lbs. to go for the challenge!

NorthernExposure
03-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Thx, jigglefree :) Yes, this thread has been great! Hopefully someone will start a new one. I suppose Easter might be a little too soon...anyone have any ideas?

I will be weighing in Friday and will probably wait until SPD to weigh in again (I usually weigh in on Mondays and Fridays.) I'm a little nervous about our upcoming SPD party this weekend...maybe the extra couple days will give me a chance to burn off the green beer and not see the scale go up!

parkedout
03-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Morning Girls!

I am at 202.4... which is a scant 3 lbs away from my goal. Its a long shot--but still do-able!

Everyone keep at it! Don't give up!:D

fruitlady
03-12-2010, 12:58 PM
I'll never make it, I binged yesterday and gained back all the weight I lost. Now I have to start all over again. 5 lbs. to go! impossible!

PeanutsMom704
03-13-2010, 08:41 AM
SW 235
CW 225.4
GW 226

Made my goal, with a few days to spare!!

DaisyNicole
03-13-2010, 04:39 PM
1 month... i'd like to be 185. Also make sure i am getting all my training in properly for the Monument Ave 10K that i am doing March 27th.

I am also trying to build more upper body strength. I'd like to be able to do 5 weight assisted pull ups, with 20 lbs less assistance that i am using now.

Yay! I have 1 lb to go!

Unfortunately i had to throw the pullup goal out for this month. Due to some neck/shoulder pain my chiropractor banned me from doing anything where i would lift my arms over my head (ie. pullups) for the next 4 weeks!

fruitlady
03-13-2010, 06:05 PM
I lost a pound of what I gained from binging on Thursday, now I have 4 lbs. to go

jigglefree
03-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Hey ladies,
I had a great time with my husband and he had a great time too. I tried to stay on plan but we shared a chocolate chip cookie with a scoop of ice cream after dinner. No sure how many calories I had. But I saved them up from the other part of the day. Anywho, I will be strictly on plan today.

It took all day to find some shoes but I found the perfect pair. I was thinking I was looking really good.

fruitlady
03-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Hi Chicks, I lost another pound thank goodness, it's coming off quick for now. 3 lbs. to go, I doubt I'll make it for the challenge, but I sure will try!

Kristi78
03-15-2010, 05:27 PM
I am at 202.4... which is a scant 3 lbs away from my goal. Its a long shot--but still do-able!

The other day my scale said 201.2, but this morning it said 202.4. It can't make up it's mind!! :dizzy:

We did great on this challenge, twin!! lol

NorthernExposure
03-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Just stopping by to offer my moral support. Was going to weigh in with everyone else on Wed. to see how much progress I made toward my next goal (met my SPD goal already), but after a bad weekend (eating out, St. Patty's Day party, no exercise) AND with TOM starting today, I'm a little leery about getting on the scale until Friday or so!

But good luck everyone! Many of you have already made goal or are close...congrats!

fruitlady
03-15-2010, 08:02 PM
I was 108.2 yesterday and today I'm 107.7 so that's a half pound lost. It's something, I'll take it!

parkedout
03-16-2010, 06:57 AM
The other day my scale said 201.2, but this morning it said 202.4. It can't make up it's mind!! :dizzy:

We did great on this challenge, twin!! lol

Thanks! I cleaned up this morning with a 201.6 I think thats as close as I am going to get. But I will Take It! LOL

So close to my first goal. I can do this.

WE ALL CAN!:D:D:D

jamleigh78
03-17-2010, 06:15 AM
Well weighed in today. Down .7 lbs but didn't quite make my goal :(

SW 219.4
CW 214.3
GW 209.4

mkyice
03-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Didn't make goal, but I'm going to keep trying.

parkedout
03-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Weighed in at 202.0... 2 lbs from my goal--but definitely a win!:carrot:

JustOneOfTheChicks
03-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Hello. Sorry I couldn't join in.
I hope you all did well.
I just wanted to reply because you said something about Walk Away The Pounds.. I love those videos =)

Well, good luck. Best wishes.

Savannah :carrot:

fruitlady
03-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Hi everyone, Sorry so late in the day. I had 1 more pound to go for the challenge, I almost made it with a few setbacks. I'm going to continue to try though. We should do another challenge, does anyone have any ideas?? I guess Easter is too close.

jamleigh78
03-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Hi everyone, Sorry so late in the day. I had 1 more pound to go for the challenge, I almost made it with a few setbacks. I'm going to continue to try though. We should do another challenge, does anyone have any ideas?? I guess Easter is too close.

I think that's a great idea! What about Memorial Day?

NorthernExposure
03-17-2010, 09:31 PM
I second the memorial day idea!

Blairsey
03-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Well, I made my goal...I just wanted to still be here, counting calories and losing weight and I did it! I'm a couple of ounces away from 40 pounds lost! Hopefully, tomorrows weigh in will be -0.2! :carrot:

DaisyNicole
03-19-2010, 06:52 AM
I weighed in at 185.2 - DRATS! .2 off of my goal. I'll still take it, though!! :)

misspriss78
03-22-2010, 06:03 AM
Im new to this thread and would love to join in! I too like the idea of a Memorial Day Challenge! :)