WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters.....February 2010

jar1965
02-02-2010, 07:03 AM
Hi & Happy February! We are just a bunch of gals' sharing the good, the bad and the ugly! We come here to share our weightloss, recipes and motivation to help us get through our lifestyle changes. While we are here we often share our personal life stories too!

Everyone is welcome! So just jump right in!

:dust:

jar1965
02-02-2010, 07:07 AM
Good Morning Everyone! :coffee:
The last two days have been horrible for me. I just can't get enough to eat and I can't get enough sleep. Urgh.....what the heck! Last night I was sleeping at 7:30! With my 16# loss, WW lowered my points too!
Well I gotta scoot! Working in the Pittsburgh store......got a 60 minute drive!:(

TINA - we are thinking of you! Be a big girl and drink that "stuff"! ;)

Mimi4fun
02-02-2010, 08:57 AM
It might be a little bounce back from the stress of the last couple of weeks. Try to figure out if you have a trigger food as well, something that just makes you jump into the food pool.
I know for me if I have those puffed rice cake thingies (you know what I mean?)
it just seems like someone turns the hunger monster on.
Hopefully the days will calm down a bit from here on.

Tammy
02-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Jeanne, hang in there! You can do this!!

Marion, I knew exactly what you were talking about.

Tina and I texted back and forth this morning. She LOVED the stuff she had to drink and is probably planning a party so we can all drink it too! Well, maybe that isn't exactly what she said, but I like to make things up. lol

Meeting a friend later for dinner, and then I have an Emmaus Board meeting tonight. It's snowing again. Maurice and I were outside for a while this morning so he could check it out.

Tammy
02-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Just got off the phone with Susan. Her dad has a serious infection, not just at the incision like they were hoping. Need more prayers. Surgery today between 2 and 3. That's all for now!

nikkic718
02-02-2010, 01:17 PM
G'mornin'/afternoon ladies!!!! I finally found the thread!!!!!!!! yay!!!:D

Jeanne~ I def can relate last night I felt like a bottomless pit!!!!

Everyone~ So i sucked it up and went to the gym last night and did 40 min of cardio! I shocked myself!!! Although out of the 40 min I only ran for 5 but still......and it def was 5 min straight lmao:woops:

I hope everyone has a great day!!!!

nikkic718
02-02-2010, 06:19 PM
ok so how horrible and frustrating is this? so i get on myspace which i RARELY ever go on and this girl was like o i remember you blah blah blah wow you got really big!!! I LOST IT!!!!!!!! im so mad i could tear her lil skinny head off and funny thing is I HAVE NO IDEA WHO SHE IS! so mad right now!!!!! ughhhh sorry had to vent i woulda used other choice words but i thought i would act like a lady lol not a trucker like i usually do lol

Mimi4fun
02-02-2010, 06:58 PM
There are people out there who get their kicks by causing pain in others. Just think yes you might be big as I am and :snooty:quite a few others are but she is an a@@hole.:high:

jar1965
02-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Nikki - YEA, what mimi said!!!!:boxing:

nikkic718
02-02-2010, 07:03 PM
thanks mimi!! ur great!!!! and i 1000% agree!!! at least i can change me weight she cant change her face..........well....she could but ya know what im sayin lmao

nikkic718
02-02-2010, 07:03 PM
LMAO Jeanne!!!! lovin the lil smileys lmao

jar1965
02-03-2010, 07:15 AM
Happy Hump Day! What a rough week! "Peeked" at the scale this morning. It didn't move! Urgh! It's been a I wanna eat everything week! But I promised myself today.....that week is over! ha. (3 day work week, yea)!Ok, back to reality..........

Susan - Thinking of you and continued prayers!:hug:

Hi everyone! Have a great day! Zumba tonight. Urgh! I don't know about this Zumba thing. haha!

Talk later!

Tina
02-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Happy Wednesday!

Jeanne thanks so much for starting our February thread.

Susan's dad had surgery late yesterday. He's awake and alert. He's taking several antibiotics. I'm sure she'd still appreciate our prayers for him.

I'm waiting for my test results. Today they were sending them to the dr. Hopefully, he'll look at them between all his surgeries and call this evening.

:val2:

Ladybug2680
02-03-2010, 10:37 AM
ARGH!!! I'm so mad at myself. I continue to self sabotage and I don't know why. You would think I would know what to do to stop myself. Hrm. What will it honestly take for me to see that I have to get this weight off and now is the time? Sorry for venting yet again. *sigh*

Tina
02-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Dori, tell us how you are sabotaging yourself.
Please don't get discouraged! Focus on one good thing for the rest of the day and tomorrow. Maybe it will be eating more veggies, instead of that donut or cake. Or, walk up and down the stairs more today and tomorrow.
We are here for you. :hug:

nikkic718
02-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Gmorning & Happy Wednesday Ladies!!! ;)!!! I hope you are all havin' a wonderful morning! So I did another 30 min of cardio last night.........definatley paying for it today lol my legs feel like jello!!!:belly: lol.....So what are everyones plans this weekend?? watching the super bowl??? I feel like the more i workout the moure hungry I am??!! its not fair lol...This may be a too personal ? but since im new at this whole "healthy" thing lol and weighing myself should i expect to gain when it "that time of the month"???:?:

Ladybug2680
02-03-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm eating stuff that I know isn't good. I just have to make a conscience effort to make good food choices and to do the right thing.

nikkic718
02-03-2010, 01:48 PM
i cant wait to get my tracker!!!!!!!!!!! hopefully only 3 more days!!!!!!!!!! lol im sucha dork lol

Mimi4fun
02-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Yes Nikki you can definately gain water weight, even if it is not period time depending what you eat, salt content etc. thats one reason WW discourages us from getting on the scale more than once a week. but I must confess I do every morning so just don't be surprised or think you are doing something wrong when it goes up a bit for no reason.
What tracker are you getting??
Dori, its so easy to grab something and then beat ourselves up later for it. Try to plan ahead a bit, and look for those trigger foods, try to figure out what you are eating just before you lose control. and try writing everything down

nikkic718
02-03-2010, 04:03 PM
lol i meant ticker ya know the thing that tracks your lbs lost

Tina
02-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Happy Thursday,
I posted my scale results. :( I've got to get this metabolism working again. Of course, I haven't been exercising for a week. :o
Tomorrow I'll get back with it!

It's raining and yucky here. I hope y'all are having a good day.
:hug:

nikkic718
02-04-2010, 11:46 AM
hey ladies! so this week has been so hard! i feel like ive gained weight buti worked out 2x which is more than i have in 5 yrs lol and stayed within my points..........i need to see a loss this week! sorry im a debbie downer today lol......here in ohio we actually have sunshine SO i should be excited about that! The weekend is coming up which scares me too i feel like im only safe if i eat at home or work lol...........anyways hope youall have a great day!!!

jar1965
02-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies! *sigh* I worked so hard today! haha! Actually I had some crazy burst of energy today and I flew around work like I couldn't get to my next project soon enough.
Zumba was tough last night. I didn't sleep very well because my knees, hips, ankles, and lower back killled all night. But, once I was up and moving I was fine.:?:
My doctors office called and said my blood work was consistant with perimenapause. Hmmmmm. So.....I googled it. It can last up to 10 years! What the heck?!!?!?!? I have a follow up appt. on the 22nd so I guess she will explain this thing. I have been having hot flashes in the night, irregular heart palpitations and some other symptoms.:cool: I'm only 45, but my mom was young when she went through menapause, if I remember correctly.

Nikki - good job staying op! We had sunshine today too! However, tomorrow night we are under a weather advisory. 4-8"! I'm tired of snow.

Tina
02-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Hi,
Jeanne, sorry about the blood test results. :( I was 44 when I had a partial hysterectomy. 2 years later, it was constant hot flashes. My ob/gyn could not believe I was having them because I was too young.
I had also "Googled" that a partial hys. could cause early menopause. Guess what......Google was correct.
Mine didn't last too long and I felt good.
(Too much personal stuff???)

I hope everyone had a good day.

jar1965
02-05-2010, 06:50 AM
TGIF!

Tina - hahah! I wondered the same thing as I was typing.....Too much info?!

I hope everyone is well and ready for the weekend!

Here in my neck of the woods, everyone is bracing for the snow storm coming in today. The grocery stores were CRAZY last night! And, all the schools in "our" southern counties are planning for 2 and 3 hour early dismissals!

Chat later, my coffee is calling...................

jar1965
02-05-2010, 06:52 AM
Tammy & Nikki - If I heard/saw correctly - I think you guys are going to miss the storm????? You are suppose to get something, but the bulk of it is going in the other direction.;)

Tammy
02-05-2010, 02:05 PM
I think my plans for the weekend are going to be sitting and looking at the snow. We are expecting 10-14 inches before tomorrow night. Jeanne, I don't think we're missing it. lol the snow didn't start till I left for the Y at 8:30, and we have about 4 inches now. (2:00) I was at a nutrional meeting after class, and one of the women got a call that schools were dismissing 2 hours early. It took me 35 minutes to get home, and it usually takes 10-12.

I've shoveled once for Maurice to go out, and I need to shovel again. Class was good this morning. Different instructor, lots of squats and lunges that I couldn't do because of the knee. I tried to do other things while the class did that stuff. My heartrate was up, I was sweating, and my heart rate monitor said I burned about 600 calories. I'll take it!

Nikki, don't give up when you don't see the scales moving as fast as you'd like. I started these aerobics class in the spring of 2008, and I've continued classes since then (zumba, pilates, yoga, step aerobics). I have not lost lots of weight, but my clothes are all smaller now. I have cleaned out my closet more than once to take the larger things to a consignment shop. When you are out with friends, you can still make healthy choices at most restaurants.

Jeanne, I went through the perimenopause, and it probably lasted over 10 years. I think I am finally through menopause, but that's what I thought last year at this time too! I'll be 55 in May. TMI from me too?

I think I will take a nap.

Tina
02-05-2010, 03:23 PM
My goodness Tammy! I hope you and Maurice have stocked up your pantry. For me, a little snow goes a long way. :lol:
Good for you burning all those calories.

:val1:

jar1965
02-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Tammy - I'm such a goof!!!! Yes you are getting 10-14!!! We are too! they went from 4-8 to 5-9 to 6-10 throughout the day!

We are ready! Bring it on old man winter!!!!!:cool:

Tammy
02-05-2010, 07:36 PM
I am ready to go out and shovel for Maurice for the 4th time since noon. Heavy snow!! We are on a Level 3, which means no one out on the roads except emergency personnel , and I guess people coming home from work? Tim was here for a bit this afternoon, and when he left, he said, "Don't you dare go anywhere!" Like I was going out in this mess?

I just realized that the reason I am hungry is because I haven't eaten dinner yet. I know I fed Maurice, but not me.

maureen kempster
02-05-2010, 07:42 PM
hi Ladies

for what it's worth I went through menopause without a hitch and I guess it was around 50 yrs-I really don't even remember many hot flashes-apparently my mom was the same way.
hope you get through the snow storm ladies keep warm

have a great weekend everyone
maureen

nikkic718
02-05-2010, 09:44 PM
tammy!!!!! we are in the middle of a blizzard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I HAVE TO WORK TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhh!!!!! and my boss already said we werent closing!!! its physical therapy not a er!!!!

Tammy
02-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Nikki, I'll write you a note so you don't have to go in to work. Think the boss will buy it?

I didn't have any plans for tonight, but just knowing that I can't go somewhere makes me want to go. I was supposed to meet a friend tomorrow for an early dinner, but that has to be rescheduled now. Even if the Level 3 is lifted, it is still going to be nasty on some of the roads around here.

Maurice and I just shared some popcorn. He doesn't understand that just because he hears it pop a couple of times in the microwave, that doesn't mean that it's finished. He started whining tonight and running back and forth between me and the kitchen. Strange dog. Or maybe I'm strange since I just typed it!

jar1965
02-06-2010, 09:00 AM
15" here!!!!! 5" more to come today! haha! You should have seen us digging our way out this morning. Our street hasn't been touched yet. We do have 4 wheel drive so after digging it out, we took my oldest daughter to work~ can you believe it!!!!!!! She is a stylist at a local hair salon. THEY HAD TO GO........there was a wedding party today! Poor girls! Poor Bride!

My youngest also works today! She works at our mall, we are waiting to hear they closed it?!?!?!? Right now, we are hearing a late opening! Just close it for goodness sake!

Hope you are all having a great saturday and "enjoying" this beautiful weather!

Mimi4fun
02-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Wow ladies, it sounds like you really got whacked with this snowstorm. Sorry you had to go out in it Nikki and Tammy I glad you stayed put. That little bit about Maurice made me laugh. I wish we could get as enthusiastic about sharing a bowl of popcorn.
Lots of studying this weekend. And I finally finished a big assignment as well.
Catch you next week after the exam.
Have a great week everyone!!

nikkic718
02-06-2010, 04:56 PM
SO..........i TRIED to go to work this morn and got stuck in the middle of the road..........we got about 17 in my boss hates me riht now bc she had to go in and do MY job..............i didnt get to weigh in so i think im just going to wait until next sat :( i feel like a bum but im still doing good lol

Tina
02-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Hi
Sorry I haven't been online much. I'm glad that y'all who are snowed in are okay. :hug:
Mimi, what studies have you been doing?
Maureen, are you rested up yet?
Today we went to the townhouse and looked around. There are pieces of blue tape all over the place where they need to do things. It looks so funny. I can't believe we have closing in a couple of weeks!
Everyone stay safe.
:flow1:

maureen kempster
02-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Happy Sunday all

I hope all the snow bound people are okay today-
Tina, when will you be moving in? It's exciting isn't it? I'm so happy with the way my floors turned out-my brother-in-law did a great job-I still have the computer room to finish but I need organizers or bookshelves or something-
I'm having my sister, her man(the one who did my floors) and her 3 sons over for supper today. She's a vegan-so I'm making home made beans-keep your fingers crossed I never have that much luck with them but I'm going to try.
Well as I said have a great day I'll be in and out of here all day

maureen

jar1965
02-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Happy Sunday Everyone!

I am on cloud 9!!!!!! :dance: It could snow another 15" or my mother in law could stop in or ........(hahaha, you get it) and NOTHING is going to bring me down! Woohooooo, I had my official WI and am so thrilled with another 2# loss this week! Ahhhhhhh, I WI on Weds. and didn't see any changes, so I wasn't in such a good mood Weds. - Sun. thinking I've worked so hard and didn't lose. My poor family. Today, I'll tell them "I'm sorry, I think it was the menapause thing!" ;)

I have Fiber One Apple Cinnamon muffins in the oven right now.....mmmmm, I hope they taste as good as they smell.

Maureen - Good Luck with the vegan dinner! I'm sure it'll turn out spectacular! And so glad to hear how nice your place came together! Heres a group hug, cause if we were there, we would have a house warming for you and Tina too!:grouphug:

Tina - Wooohooo to the blue tape all over the place!!!!!! ;) That means they are working on it. Closing in a couple of weeks....yipppee! When you get moved in, we'll have a house warming for you too, ok?! ;)

Nikki - your boss will have to get over this one.........I heard there were more call offs due to this storm than ever in the history of snow storms!:D

Tammy - How are you and Maurice holding up??????

Susan - I miss you! Hope everything is ok. Continued prayers sweetie!

Marion - Hello! Hope things are good for you! Good Luck with the exam?!

Dori & Donna - Hi Ladies!!!! Hope all is well with you!

Well heres a double dose of some will power dust for this next week. Everyone good luck staying OP and have a great day!:dust::dust:

I have a Ticker to change!;)

Tina
02-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Good morning all,
Jeanne, :dance: :carrot: :dance: You go girl!!!!! That's a fantastic loss! Tell us how your muffins taste. I might have to fix some.
Yes, yes, yes, Maureen and I would love house warming parties!!!!!!!!!
I could definitely use some decorative things to put on tables or shelves. Some place I have boxed up and stored some of those wierd-looking balls that go on a table. (Don't you just love my description.)
Move in will begin as soon as we close. :carrot: The movers will bring the heavy furniture a few weeks after that.

Tammy, you and Maurice stay warm.
Nikki, don't get any more upset than you are about that boss.
Dori, you can do this!!!!!
Sis, where are you?
Mimi, is the weather headed your way?
Hi, Donna.
Susan, I hope your dad is doing better.
Anyone watching the game tonight? If so, are you fixing snacks?
Oh Maureen, good luck with the beans. I'm not a bean cooker, either.

Tammy
02-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Jeanne, good for the 4-wheel drive! Thanks for the extra will-power dust! I'm going to need it after being cooped up in the house all weekend.

Marion, we would be glad to help you study!

Nikki, glad you ended up staying home. Being out on some of these roads isn't worth it.

Tina, I'm sure that blue tape looks great, and I think you should leave it there after you move in. A new fashion statement!

Maureen, let us know how the dinner turns out.

I am so sore today from shoveling Maurice's spot or just from fibromyalgia. I'm leaning toward the fibro because it's my whole body not just the arms and shoulders.

We are still under a Level 3 snow emergency, which means don't be on the roads unless it is emergency people and those needing to get to work. There are still roads that are not passable because of the drifting. Plows just can't keep up with it. The people came yesterday afternoon late and cleaned the driveways on our street. I wasn't planning on leaving, but it's good to know that I can if I need to. Of all the counties in this part of Ohio, ours got hit the worst with the snow. Thank goodness we haven't lost power like other places.

today was the first day with the new pastor, and even church was cancelled because of the roads. Not just our church, all the churches.

I think it is time for some medicine, and I'm hitting the couch or the bed. I'll probably watch the game tonight so I can see the commercials.

jar1965
02-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Well the muffins were very good! And measured out correctly to get 12 muffins - they are 2 Points each!

I did the Leslie Sansone 3 mile walk with the waist band! LOVED it! And I did the entire thing! yay!

Well ya all know I'm a die hard Steeler fan - but.............I guess I'll root for the SAINTS today!

I bought salsa and tostitos. 1/4 c salsa - 0 Points, 24 tostitos (mini) - 3 Points! So I have pleanty of points remaining for the day and the week, so if I really want, I can have 48 tostitos! ;) Celery - 0 Points, WW cream Cheese - 1 Point! Those are my superbowl snacks! The rest of the clan can have whater they want! haha!

nikkic718
02-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Hey ladies just wanted to stop in and say hello.....roads are clearing up here and i went to the grocery store today to get my food for the week, i am making black bean brownies lol kinda leary but its chocolate so im all for it!! lol they r in the oven as we speak yummmmmm. hope you all have a great superbowl sunday!!!! Jeanne i forgot you live in pittsburgh and that you were a squeelers fan lol.......jk who am i to talk i root for the browns lmao....o wait we beat you hahhahahahah jk

maureen kempster
02-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Nikki-I made the black bean brownies but did a few alterations-didn't have egg substitute so used banana tofu-they turned out great

Ladybug2680
02-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Hello ladies. Just dropping by to say a quick hello. I have finally come to terms that I must stop playing with the whole weight thing and definitely do something instead of just talk about it or if I have a bad day say I'll start tomorrow. I'm decided to do the weight loss challenge here at work. Today I weighed in and I'm at 191.4. So that will be my official weigh in and Monday will be my weigh in day.

Hope everyone is doing well. Ladies be careful with all the bad weather.

jar1965
02-08-2010, 09:22 AM
YAY Dori!!!! You can do this!!!!!:carrot:

nikkic718
02-08-2010, 10:44 AM
gmorning ladies Happy Monday!!!:carrot: im trying to persuade myself to happy to be at work!!! Hope you all had a great weekend!!! Maureen.......o i didnt make the brownies from scratch lol i used a box and beans they were a lil rubbery maybe next time ill make them from scratch, i love to bake! So I brought my clothes to go work out tonight!!! a step in the right direction!

I need some advice from you ladies! so like i said before im just following the WW plan not a member, do you all recommend me joining??? i just have absolutley NO time to go to meeting or weigh in and i think the closest location is like 20 min away. or should i join online?? :?:

Have a GREEEEEAAAAT monday!!!!

:cheer::dust:

Mimi4fun
02-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Nikki; I don't recommend the online WW I had a free trial and found it a very complicated site, as for going to a live meeting I like them and its great to get some in person feedback. I travel by bus to the meeting and take the bus home again, for a 1/2 hour meeting I leave at 4 and don't get home until after 6. I think they are worth it, and aids that they sell like the 3 month journal and the point count books are worth the money. Also when you join at the first meeting you get the main program book.

Other opinions ladies????????

nikkic718
02-08-2010, 11:54 AM
my thing is i work 9am-8pm and sat morning........sooooo i feel like i have NO time to go.

Mimi4fun
02-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Good Lord where do you have to put in so many hours??
And if you can't attend we are always a great resource!!!!:comp:

nikkic718
02-08-2010, 12:54 PM
LOL i work at a physical therapy clinic! i know looooooooooong hrs!!! i know you ladies are GREAT thats why im here lol

jar1965
02-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi Nikki! Well, here's my opinion........I love WW online. It is not for everyone so I understand what Marion is saying. But, heres why it works for me. I joined and got the 3 month special rate and then I pay $16 a month. I love having access to the site 24/7. If I have a rough day, the difference is, I can jump online and find so many message boards, blogs, thoughts, ideas...etc...etc..... Where as the meetings aren't open for "help" 24/7. I joined Dec. 26 and have lost 18#. I jump on here and track my meal points and track my activity points and whatever else is going on during my day.

Tina
02-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Hi ladies,
I've been reading all your posts about WW online. I did the trail offer a few years ago. I dearly loved getting all the recipes. The meetings have always been best for me. However, I understand that they can be expensive and not right if you work long hours.

I hope y'all are digging out from under all the snow.

jar1965
02-09-2010, 06:09 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!!:coffee:

Everyone have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY!!! Move those bodies, drink your water, and eat your veggies! I promised myself to do all of those things today!!!!:dizzy:

Tammy
02-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Nikki, I have never done the online WW. When I was doing the meetings, I did get good information and support. I haven't done them for several years though. Last year I did another program for support. Right now, I am just doing things on my own. Doing calorie counting. We do have meetings at the Y every couple of weeks for support and information. I would hate the long hours that you have.

Jeanne, I'll do all of those things plus shovel again! All the schools were closed yesterday because of fog and nasty roads. Closed again today. We are getting more snow. I really am tired of snow. I have 4 friends in Hawaii right now. I'm here. Bummer.

You would think that with all the time that I've spent in the house that things would be nice and clean, my taxes would be done, etc. I've read books, taken naps, played with Maurice. You know, the important things in life!

nikkic718
02-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Morning Ladies!!! Im super excited today and so extremely proud of myself!! I did 2.5 miles on the treadmill and jogged for the majority of the 2nd mile......WHO HOOOOOOO:carrot:

As for the weather here in Ohio for the past couple days I'm ready to punch mother nature right in her gut!!!!!!! lol :s::fr::censored::club::rollpin: We're supposed to get another foot on top of the 15 in we got on Sat!!!

I cant wait to weigh on Sat hopefully ill see some change!!!

Have a great day ladies!!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!!!

Tina
02-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Nikki, that's great!

Tammy
02-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Nikki, great going on the treadmill! I'm with you for punching mother nature!

We got more snow yesterday, and then the wind picked up last night. I now have 3-4 foot drifts at both back doors. The one door I can't get out at all because I can't push the door into the snow. The other one is a sliding door. I just came in from shoveling a space for Maurice to go out. He went to his usual door, and he just looked at me when I tried to get him to go out the other one. Finally just picked him up and put him out. Now he'll be ok going out that way.

Since we are on a level 3, Tim can't go to classes. He talked to his professors on Monday and told them about how far he commutes and how on Level 3 the sheriff is cracking down and arresting those who are out. Peope get out, get stuck, and the snow plows can't do their jobs. Sightseeing in this weather is just stupid. Here where I live we've had at least 2 feet of snow since Friday. I just can't imagine how people are dealing with more than that in other parts of the country.

Still haven't done the taxes. Need to do that or at least clear off the dining room table because Tim is coming over for chili later. I told him he'd get arrested for being out, but since he knows all the cops in town and he has his EMT lights in his car, he'll be ok. I think they are mainly talking about people out on the main roads.

Hope you all have a great day!

auntie
02-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey All you Snow Bunnies!!!!

I haven't disappeared!!! I've had a bug! Plus not getting notices either.

I posted on FB so I think everyone knows about Daddy. He got moved to a new place yesterday. Hope he speeds through the rehab part and gets home!!! It's suppose to snow some here tonight and tomorrow. I just need it to be nice enough to get to SA.

I started WW last week. I went to weigh in. I figure I would go for a few months and then possibly go back to doing it on line. I think I need that accountablity. I'm down 2.2 pounds my first week. Yea!!!

I have my procedure next week. yuck! I'll just be glad to have it over with!

Tammy
02-10-2010, 11:18 PM
I don't want to be a snow bunnie anymore! Let us know how things are in SA.

Chili was yummy, and I didn't overeat. At least I don't think I did. Scales in the morning here at home. Official weigh in at the Y on Friday if they are open. This whole county is closed! lol

Ladybug2680
02-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Okay ladies. So after much thought and being totally disgusted with my current weight, I have decided it's time to really get serious about my weight. I continue to watch my weight climb and I know that I'm only putting myself in danger when it comes to all the health issues that come along with being overweight. Having high cholesterol and pre-diabetes only makes things worse. I bought scales today and will do WW's online and weigh in on Thursdays. So my starting weight is 192.2. Thanks for the support and I apologize for constantly saying I'm starting over.

auntie
02-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Dori, do not apologize!!!! Do you know how many times I have started over???I think we all have!! I just did myself! I have to do it too for similar reasons. We can do this! I'm really looking at things differently too. I just need it to last!! We are all in this together!

Tina
02-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Dori,
Ditto what Susan just said. We are here for you. If possible, we'd come over to you and exercise with you and eat with you. Oops! Maybe we shouldn't eat. :lol:

HannahBoo23
02-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Hello ladies! :)

Feburary has been a good month for me (food/health/&weight wise). I've lost a couple pounds & i've been sticking to my work outs & calories. :) :) Although, yesterday, i had taco bell :S but still, i kept in my calorie range. I work out at home & have a couple pilates dvds,dumbbells,& an elliptical. So, i'm hoping that's enough. Can't wait till spring & i can get out more! WOO!

Mimi4fun
02-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Dori; you can do it and I'm with Susan we all have started and stopped and started and stopped. Nobody more so than me. so you definately have my support.

Tammy
02-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Dori, don't apologize! We have all done that. Hang in there!

Hannah, good for you for sticking to workouts and calories. Don't worry about eating at Taco Bell. As long as you are making good choices and staying on program with points or calories whichever you are doing, you will be fine. where is Roselawn, IN? My future DIL is from Delphi. We are on the western part of Ohio, so we are close to Indiana.

Tim went to class earlier and then for a haircut. He said one of the back roads he was on was only open one lane, and that was exagerrating. He has a small car, and it was pretty close on both sides. When he gets back, we may go somewhere to eat. I'm itching to get out and go!!!!

nikkic718
02-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Hannah~ nice to meet you! Good Luck in your journey!!!

So ladies I did another 2.5 miles on the treadmill and 15 min on the eliptical!!!!!!!!! i actually ran morethan i did on monday and did 5 more min on the eliptical than on monday!!!!! whooo hooo

I weigh in on Sat so hopefully (fingers crossed) there is a DECREASE!!!! im really tryin hard this week!!!!!!!!!!

Tina
02-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Hi,
Hannah, welcome! You are doing great. Taco Bell is okay. You are staying within your calorie range.
Nikki, you are an inspiration with all your exercising.
Tammy, I know you'll be glad when Tim gets home. I know it's still a little scary out driving. How long have you been stuck inside?
How's everyone's day going?
I got out in the rain to go grocery shopping. That's not very interesting but that's the way it is. :lol: Now I'm going to pack some delicates.

Tina
02-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Hey,
It's Friday! :carrot:
Everyone have a fantastic day!!!

jar1965
02-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Hi everyone!

Welcome Hannah!!!! So nice to meet you!

Wooooooosh, did someone say "It's almost Valentines Day"?????? urgh, it is sooooooo busy at work! Did I sign up for that? haha! I ran in circles today. I ate 2 French Raspberry Creams! mmmmm, mmmmm! Then someone did a Taco Bell run and then I got home and my family is ready and waiting to go OUT FOR DINNNER!!!! urgh! It's ok tho, we did Applebees. 7 POINT Steak & Portebellas! mmmmmm, mmmmm again! HOWEVER, I did have the strawberry cheesecake shooter. I can't find a POINTS value for that anywhere. I was thinking maybe 6 or 8?!?!!?!??!?

Well, have a great night! Working 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. tomorrow and then Valentines Day 10 - 4! I think I'm taking Monday off!

Tammy
02-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Nikki, good luck at weigh in tomorrow! Anyone who can do the eliptical is a champion in my book. I have tried it different times, and I just can't get going.

Hannah, I drove through Taco Bell after my class at the Y today. I had a couple of Fresco tacos. Those are really good!!

Tina, after class last Friday, I was inside until Monday morning to go to class. It started snowing again while I was there, so it was tough going getting home. Tim and I were able to go for dinner last night (Thurs.). That was enough house time for me! We went to Buffalo Wild Wings. I had a grilled chicken breast sandwich. It came with fries which I shared with Tim. We left more than 1/2 of them, so we were both pleased with ourselves.

Grocery shopping in the rain isn't fun. Have fun packing Tina!

Jeanne, our other choice for eating last night was Applebees. We don't go to either place often, so it was a tough choice. I think I would take Monday off too.

Class was a good workout this morning. almost 700 calories. One of the women in the class that runs marathons and is very athletic, just laid on her mat at the end of the cooldown at the end. Of course, she got up, went to the Y at 6 and swam laps. She probably ran some too. I don't know how she does everything!

Tim is working. Maurice and I are watching the opening ceremonies for the Olympics. How awful about the young man from Georgia on the luge. I would be afraid to go on it now.

Tim is heading to Lauren's in the morning. He'll be back Sunday night.

nikkic718
02-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Jeanne~ I actually wanted to go to Applebees to try that new menu...how was it?? did you get a good size portion? cuz ya know im allll about being full lol ;)

Tammy~ i went so long bc there was this lil ol' lady next to me on the eliptical i swear she had to of been in her late 80's (now thats inspiration!!!) and i wasnt going to let her go longer than me lol

Yesterday I got the treadmill put up well actually the bf got it put together but I did 4.5 miles and he actually did 2 i was so proud of him!!!! and actually of myself too!!! its wayyyyyy easy when you can watch tv while doing it I walked during the prgram then jogged the commercials it actually worked out ok!!!!!!!!

p.s I think the snow FINALLY stopped here!!

Tina
02-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Happy Saturday!
Jeanne, oooh, your meal sounded sooooo good. I want some. Our Applebees are on the outskirts of town....not close for us.
Nikki, I do the same when on the treadmill--watch TV.
Also, try listening to music. Each song is at least 4 minutes. Before you know it, you've gone 30 minutes.

Susan's area had lots of snow There's none in SA, though.
Tammy, are you able to get out and around now?
Maureen, what other projects do you have at your place?

Mimi, did you buy a pair of the red Olympic mittins? I want a pair. :^:

Dori, Donna, Sis, how are y'all doing?

I think we're going to the movies tonight to see that Valentine Day one.
Everyone stay warm.

Tammy
02-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Nikki, lol to the lady beside you on the machine.

Tina, I am free! lol I haven't gone anywhere, but at least I know that I can when I want. I liked those mittens too!

Maurice and I have just been hanging out today. New pastor at church tomorrow. Last week we were snowed out. Hope the parking lot has been plowed. Going early just in case.

Mimi4fun
02-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Ladies if you really want some mittens I can get you some, but the olympics will be almost over before you get them.
I'm glad it finally stopped snowing for you. What crazy weather, and we still only have about an inch. Maureen is there much there??

maureen kempster
02-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Good evening all
I hope you're all doing okay & not snowed in anymore-Marion-not much snow here-it did snow a bit today but it's not too back-I think it went to -5C-One of the young ladies at work on Friday said there weren't any of the mitts left-I can check tomorrow if you ladies like and like Marion said-could send them to whoever might like some (if I can find any) I'll let you know.
I think i'm going to go to bed I'm beat-spent all day shopping with my sister-her man's finishing a step that goes down to my living room-
see you all later

maureen

jar1965
02-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Happy Valentines Ladies! I'm on my way into work! WE WERE SOOOO BUSY YESTERDAY. I didn't look, but I think we may have broken a sales record in the Pittsburgh store! Woohooo!

Well gotta run! Have a great day everyone!

Oh, I WI this morning. No loss - No gain! The first in the 7 weeks I've been on WW that I haven't had a loss. Sooooo, with the week I've I had I'll give myself a "little" woohooo! ;)

auntie
02-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Mimi and Maureen, I'll take 2 pair if mittens if you can find them. Just let me know how much it costs and shipping and I'll send you the money. I'll let you both know so whoever finds them that would be great!

Tina
02-14-2010, 02:49 PM
I want a pair, also.

Tammy
02-14-2010, 02:56 PM
I would like a pair too please.

New pastor reminds me of the pastor at the church that I attended before we moved. Just a down home type of guy. He was very nervous. We are his first church. We'll have to bring him up right!!

Would you believe we have a winter storm warning for after midnight tonight? The counties south, east, and west of us are calling for 5-9 inches by Tuesday night. For our county they are calling for 3-5. How can the counties around us be that much more? I think they feel sorry for us since we got more than the rest of them did the last time. I see another Level 3 in the future. Maybe I better go away just to be going later today.

Tina
02-14-2010, 04:24 PM
We have a "cool" front coming in tonight. They said rain would come first but there's none on the radar. Yea! Today it is in the 60's and feels wonderful!

Tammy, you'd better run wild in the streets while you can. That's neat about the preacher. He sounds like a keeper.

What did everyone do for Valentine's Day?
Larry bought me a heart box of candy. Get this-they were miniature size candies. It's hard not to eat lots at a time. :lol: We had Mexican food that was soooooo good.
George and Barbara Bush and family ate there at the same time! They all ate out on the patio. Our server saw them and ran over to tell us. They were all so excited.
Mrs. Bush looks the same in person. She didn't have her pearls on today. :-)

Everyone have a good rest of the weekend.

Tammy
02-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Just heard the updated forecast for our county. 7-9 inches. I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE! How was that for a rant? I need to go stock up on ice cream, and candy, and potato chips, and anything fattening that I can think of!!!!!!!! OR maybe I'll just stay home and eat the healthy foods that I have. Bummer.

Tina, 60's sounds so nice! We are in the mid-20's and even it feels nice because the sun is shining. Yum to the Mexican food!! Yay to George and Barbara! I went to a motivational seminar where they spoke several years ago. It was the most fun and so interesting! I cried when she spoke because my mother would have loved to have heard her speak, and this was only a couple years after my mother passed away. Barbara did have pearls on the day I saw her.

Several schools in the area are supposed to go to school tomorrow (President's Day) to make up at least one of the days that they missed last week. I don't think they'll be going the way it sounds.

auntie
02-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Hi My friends!

Tina, cool!!!!! I always like Barbara & George Bush! She is a neat person!

Tammy, Boo to more snow!!!

We got 12 inches Thursday! That is UNHEARD of here!!!!!! I got to the airport, thanks to Pat!!!! He took pictures and mailed them to me. I sat on the runway and had to be de-iced. FIrst time I've done that! Finally made it to San Antonio!

My dad is doing pretty good. NOT EATING!!!! So Saturday we did an impromtu birthday party for my mom. I said "Daddy what WILL you eat?" he said fried chicken! Off I ran, I got a big bucket of chicken and fries!!! He ate 3 drum sticks, 1 biscuit with some gravy, fries, and then 2 pieces of cake! Today, he didn't eat so good after I left.

I told Lu tell him dont' make me come back down there. She said "that's what he wants!!!" I said Ok tell him I will come back but I won't come see him! :) He needs the protein to gain the strength plus it promotes healing. Oh he has to get stronger! He will, but it's going to be slow. I told him that when I come back " I want him dancing!!" He just laughed! They gave him a bath and cleaned him up and then he said "They didn't comb my hair." So I did, he just smiled. Spoiled little Daddy!!!!!!!!!

Mom is doing pretty good. She talked alot at home. At the hospital she doesn't say much! I made sure that she got lots to eat! I ended up telling her about my procedure and she said "Oh" that's all. :)

I'm exhausted. Mom and I stayed up til about 1:30 last night. Then the other nights it was close to midnight. It's never long enough! She hates to see me go and so do I!

Oh I hate this all!!! I wish I could turn back the hands of time for them!

Tammy
02-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Susan, wow to 12 inches of snow! Think of the humongous snowman you could have built! Glad to hear your dad is doing ok, and I"m glad that he did eat some while you were there. I'm sure both of your parents wish you were there all the time. Turning back the hands of time would be so nice.

Tim is on his way home from Lauren's. Her grandfather fell last night and broke his arm completely through the bone about 3 inches below the shoulder. They went to visit him today before Tim left. Plans are to transfer him to another hospital tomorrow and do surgery. He isn't in the best of health, so this is scary for all of them.

Tina
02-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Susan, I'm glad you had such a good visit. Yes, we all would like to turn back the hands.
Get some rest. How is your weather now? Is there school tomorrow?
Tammy, it's unreal that you are having all that bad weather over and over.
Maureen and Mimi, are y'all glued to the TV?
Jeanne, I'll bet you are resting tonight. Were you taken out to eat this evening?
Donna and Nikki, what's going on with you two?
Dori, you should be having bad weather now, too.

I'm ready for SUMMER!!!!!

auntie
02-14-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm ready for summer too!! Most of the snow is gone, just some left. It's still cold. I missed the completed snowfall. :)

The dietician just came to see Dad. He told her he doesn't like scrambled eggs, likes soups and soft food. She is going to put 2 protein things on his tray. He was happy with that.

It was funny, I was trying to do something and kept talking and he said "I know" and kept saying it. Then he grumbled at me and then smiled. I looked at him like I was in trouble. His smile was big!!!! Silly Poppa!!

Yes, I have school but no kids. I have to go to a workshop. I'm out on Thursday and Friday too.

Tammy, sorry about Lauren's grandfather. I know it's scary!!!! They will be in my prayers!!!

nikkic718
02-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Happy Monday ladies!! :)
Not much new on my end of things other than we r going to get MORE snow. I mean i really dont know how thats possible but I'm not going to challenge mother nature, she can get pretty sassy these days!! :devil:

Hope you all had a nice Valentines Day!!:val2: Ray & I didnt do much but thats what made it nice!!!! I walked a mile though I know thats not a lot but hey it was something, right!?

*GOOD NEWS*
I am having this annoying battle with my pants today lol:jig: which is super annoying but it def makes me EXCITED!!!!!!!!

Im almost scared to try on smaller size clothes.....is that weird???

Mimi4fun
02-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Nikki; Now I am picturing you walking on your treadmill, and holding your pants up with one hand. Congratulations!
BOO to the snow for all you ladies, and Tammy do NOT go out and get those tempting snacks.... stay safe....in more ways than one. ;)
Susan I'm glad your dad is feeling better, and wow to the snow. Cool about the Bush's
Jeanne thats great about the sales for your area. Do you get a bonus.?
Tina, are you all packed and ready to go??

nikkic718
02-15-2010, 12:40 PM
MIMI~ thats hilarious! i need to buy new pants but im scared a smallwer size wont fit either like it will b too small lmao i dont wanna b traumatized!!!!!!:cry:

Tammy
02-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Tina, the snow is getting almost funny here. Our sheriff is on Facebook, and when you read his personal posts it's hilarious. The sheriff's department is also on FB, so it's more serious when it reports what's heading our way. I'm with you on being ready for summer!

Susan, hope you enjoyed your workshop today. Maybe on Th. and Fr. you could come to Ohio and play in the snow.

Nikki, walking a mile is great! At least you did something, right? Don't you just love more snow? NOT NOT NOT!!! LOL to the battle with the pants. You are NOT weird about trying on smaller sizes. I have been the same way.

Before I did the Jingle Bell run in December, I was looking for a nice looking sweatsuit. I was at the consignment shop (she carries larger clothes only). I grabbed some that were cute (have to be fashionable running/walking in public you know). The first set was my normal size (2x) or what I think is my normal size because I don't like skin tight stuff. I laughed when i tried it on because it was so big. Tried the next set (1x), and it was also too big, and it was a smaller size. The owner found another set that was an XL in "regular" sizes. I told her that it would be too small. It fit, and I looked good! That was a wakeup moment for me that I really was smaller than I had been. BUT I still can't see the difference when I see pictures or look in the mirror. Weird.

Marion, I didn't go get the snacks. I do have some baked chips and salsa for a snack if I want one sometime though.

Tim has classes till 3, then he is on rescue squad duty at 5. He texted this morning and said at that time the roads were clear, so he made it to school in just a little over an hour which is normal. He's not expecting that on the way home since it has been snowing for a while now. Last week it took him over 2 1/2 hours to get home one day, so he's going to be pushing it to be home on time. He'll call one of the others to let them know if he won't be home by 5 and get someone to cover for him till he gets there.

I just was out on the enclosed porch doing gymnastic acts! There was a huge icicle hanging from the corner of the porch. I kept thinking that it could pull the spouting down if it kept getting bigger. The top of it was at least 5 inches in diameter and the thing was over 5 feet long. With all the drifts, I can't get to it easily, so I came up with the idea of opening one of the windows and knocking it down with a rake. Finally found a window that opened easily, thought I was going to tumble out into the drift, but I managed to get rid of it. Just call me icicle killer!!! I did take a picture a couple days ago since it was a bit different than what I usually have around.

I'm rambling.

Tina
02-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Okay Tammy--from now on, you will be called " Icicle Killer." :lol: :lol:
On the left side of the thread posts, you should put that there, instead of Senior Member!!!!!
I am trying to picture you hanging out of the window with that rake. You are one brave girl!

It's beautifully sunny here with a cold index.

going2dabeach
02-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Okay ladies.. I'm just going to jump in feet first without reading all the other posts. I'll catch up on them after I post.

I'm Stephanie. This is Day 4 of WW, the 3rd time I've done WW. Four days in, it has never been this easy. I'm beginning to be scared. I've never stuck with it for long for whatever reason but I think this time is different. No, wait. I *know* this time is different.

I'm from southeastern Kentucky & we are BURIED in snow right now. I'm so stinking sick of it. It has been an every weekend occurrence since the first of the year. It's supposed to snow all week & this weekend as well. Lovely. (/sarcasm)

I'm married with two great kids. My son is 12 & my daughter is 11. I'm a full time paralegal & full time student majoring in Psychology. My husband also works full time & goes to school full time so we are literally never home when you add in son's soccer, band & academic meets and daughter's basketball and violin practice. You'd think all this running would make me thin but for some reason, it doesn't work that way.

So anyway, I've rambled enough with my little intro. I'll go back & read everyone's posts now so I won't be out of the loop.

Mimi4fun
02-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Hey Stephanie don't be scared you are stronger than all those boogie(food) demons.
Tammy "icicle killer" I like it, and YES xl, congratulations its been about 25 years since I have seen those, but looking forward (way forward) to seeing them in my closet.

auntie
02-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Welcome to the group Stephanie!

I'm Susan. I live north of Dallas. I've been a ww member forever and recently restarted ( not my first re-start). I'm a deaf education teacher with students that have mulitiple disabilities.

Tammy, the Icicle Killer! :D I can just picture it now! It's giving me a good laugh! I'd love to come up Thursday and Friday.

Tina, it's cold here too! When do you close? Soon I hope!!!

Nikki, you rock girl!!!

Mimi, what are you studying?

Maureen, how's your new place? Have you recovered from your move?

Jeanne, have you recovered from Valentines Day? As my old boyfriend in high school would say "Happy VD" . Of course, we (my sister and I) still laugh about it.

Dori, how are you doing?

Ok, get this!!!! I told you my dad won't eat! They put in a feeding tube today! He was ok with it. He knows that he doesn't want to eat but needs too. The doctor said it's going to be temporary until he starts eating. He needs the protein so he will heal and gain his strength! Poor Daddy!!!!

I did my paperwork for the surgery on Thursday. There was a place for special notes..... I put Do NOT say my weight or ask my weight in front of spouse. I had to call so they could read me my patient rights, the lady said "Oh yes, I laughed when i read your paperwork. And I have that marked" I'm sure they thought it was funny. She said "we are real careful about that." Silly me.....

I've not done good the last few days, so I'm starting fresh tomorrow. Today I ate too much. I did have grilled catfish tonight at our favorite Mexican food place. It was so good.

Tina
02-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Hi,
Susan, exactly when will you have your surgery? I agree with you about the weight thing. Larry doesn't know my weight and never has asked me. Yea!
I'm sorry about the feeding tube. It's good your dad didn't fight them about it. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Everyone stay healthy in all this weird weather.

Next week (24th) is our closing. I'm giddy. I wasn't this way when we bought our first home. There's so much to do. Neither of us can carry heavy things up stairs. We will definitely have to get movers to do everything
this time.

auntie
02-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Tina. Yea about next week!! You should be e cited. That's a sign it's the right place!!!!

My surgery is this Thursday at 12:30. I have to be there at 11:30. It shoul take 45 minutes and a few hours in recovery then home. He is doing a few things. Looking around, scrapping out anything that needs it and then the ablation. I'll send and email or text when I'm done. Guess I need to make a trip to CVS to get stuff for it! Boo!

I think dad will start feeling stronger soon and be ready to eat too.

jar1965
02-16-2010, 06:40 AM
Morning everyone! I yi yi .... so much snow! I know ya keep hearing it, but.....geesh! Schools are cancelled and some on delays again this morning. Shoveling is awaiting....................(till after I drink my coffee).

Susan - Good Luck Thursday. You'll be in my prayers. Sorry your dad had feeding tubes, but glad to hear he understandstands and will be feeling better and stronger.

Tammy & Nikki & Stephanie...................Hope you aren't snowed in again! I feel your pain!

Tina - yay to giddy!!!! So excited for you!:hug:

Well, wish me luck. Shoveling is calling. The snow piles are higher than I am tall! haha!

Happy Tuesday!

Tammy
02-16-2010, 08:46 AM
Tina, when I told Tim what I had done, he cracked up. I asked what was so funny, and he said he was just thinking about people on the road looking over toward our house seeing a crazy woman with a rake attacking the icicle. I never thought about other people seeing me! I just wanted that thing gone!!
Good idea about having movers to do the stuff. I was giddy too when we bought this place!

Susan, I was the same way whenever the weight issue came up around Bob! With your dad, that feeding tube will definitely help him. It isn't a forever thing, just for the healing and for him to feel better.

Jeanne, I am listening to a very pleasant sound right now! A snow blower doing my driveway and walk. THAT is why I was giddy when we bought this place. Knowing that I wouldn't have to do that anymore. Well, except to shovel where Maurice goes out. With all the blowing and drifting during the night, I was thrilled to see that his spot out back from yesterday was still there! Must be protected with the bushes and grill sitting there. I was happy!!

Stephanie, an introduction from me. I'm a retired elementary school teacher, I have one son who will be 22 in a couple weeks, he's a senior in college and getting married in May, my husband passed away 1 1/2 years ago, I have a chocolate dapple dachshund named Maurice. Oh, another thing, I am soooooooooooooooooooooo tired of snow!

Mimi4fun
02-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Maureen I FOUND THE MITTS SO DONT BUY ANY

going2dabeach
02-16-2010, 01:56 PM
:wave: Hi ladies! I hope y'all are having a great day! I'm sitting here at work avoiding looking outside. This "weather" is driving me crazy! I REFUSE to say the "s" word anymore this winter. I won't do it. :tantrum: The only thing getting me through is watching a webcam of Panama City Beach & listening to a PCB radio station online. That's where we're going on vacation in late July. I'm so excited!

Susan, you'll definitely be in my prayers with your surgery on Thursday and your dad. I know I'm missing something, but why does your dad have to have a feeding tube?

Tina - congrats on your new house! I know I would be super excited! Hubby & I are going to try to buy a house within the next year. We have always rented but I graduate next May and as soon as I have a new job, we're going to buy.

Tammy - yay for the XL! I'll probably pass out when I get back down to XL. I haven't been an XL since I was 16. And I turn 37 this year. It's way overdue.

Okay, I know I've missed quite a few people but I've got to get back to work for now. I'll post more later, I'm sure! :yes:

auntie
02-16-2010, 11:36 PM
Hey All,

Stephanie, your trip sound fun!!! My dad got a feeding tube yesterday. He broke his hip a month a go then went to rehab. Developed MRSA in his hip and bloodstream. That's the superbug that is resistant to everything!! He was in ICU for a number of days . He finally got moved to a rehab hospital. He isn't eating. I honestly think it's because things don't taste good. he has to have protein to heal. He is also diabetic and has parkinsons.

Oh guess what !! They got dad into a chair today!!!! It's a bed thingy that converts to a chair. He also ate some soup and a little bit of mashed potatoes. Oh and he pulled the feeding tube out but they put it back in. It sounds Luke he just might start eating some!!! They did exercises with him in the chair!!!! Yea we are making some progress!!!!

I'll have to go down again soon. I said I wouldn't come if he didn't work hard:) really I just told my sister that.

I plan on resting this weekend!! maybe I'll catch up on my rest!!!

maureen kempster
02-17-2010, 05:39 AM
Good morning all
Welcome Stephanie good to see you here together we can do this.
Tammy "Icicle Killer"!!! see all those classes are paying off-lol
Tina, when do you move into your new place and how are the repairs coming along?
Mimi how are you doing? Do you go to school full time-I don't think I ever asked.

Nikki how's the treadmill going? I may be buying one from my brother so I want to know if it's worth it.

Susan glad to hear your Dad's getting better. Take care of yourself though.
I went to a WW meeting yesterday after work. I really like this leader(Marion will know what I mean-she come's from Newfoundland) she's really entertaining. I gained 4.5 lbs since October so this has to be it. No more fooling around. So back on the band wagon.

Jeanne hello too-didn't mean to forget you-

have a great day and let's stick to it just for today

maureen

jar1965
02-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Happy Hump Day! Things are getting back to "normal" here. Well until Monday. When we go full fledge EASTER! But after Easter, it's smooth sailing!
I jumped on the scale this morning for a peek! It moved! Wooohoo! I'll post the final number Sunday!:carrot:

Susan - so glad to hear your dad is doing good! :hug:

Ladies - I'm thinking we need to go on vacation with Stephanie!:cool:

Well gotta run. Allergy Shots await me, then work, then Z U M B A! Ahhhhhhhh, it kills me to go! I wish I liked it more! So ask, why do I go? Because of my daughters and girlfriends! hahah! Not too mention, I know it's good for me!

Have a nice day! Oh, theres like only 29 or 30 days till spring!:carrot:

nikkic718
02-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Gooooooood Mooooorning Beautiful Ladies!!!!!!!

Maureen~YES YES AND YES it is def worth it!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I love it actually i think im in love w it!!!!!!!!!! :val2: bc i dont have to go to the gym EVERY night!!! i can go straight home and watch my shows while on the treadmill!!!!!

Stephanie!!!! I think we r all in agreement we r comin on vaca with you!!!!!!!!!!!! lol......I LOVE the beach!!!!!!

K ladies Im having a bit of a freak out!!!! Here it goes : IM 6 DAYS LATE on my cycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it bc im exercising?????? I have a lot of symptoms pointing to my period coming and the same amount of symptoms leaning towards me not get smaller but bigger :(????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!! I know im prob overreacting but...................:?::?::?:

Tina
02-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Happy Wednesday,
Nikki, don't freak out. I imagine it's because of the exercising I also love my treadmill.

Susan, we'll be waiting to hear how you do tomorrow. I imagine that you will be sore for a time. Are you not supposed to pick up 10 pounds, or something like that?
It sounds very normal for your dad to have pulled out the tube. Mother did things like that in the hospital. He will get back to eating. Parents are supposed to worry us. :hug:
Tammy, wow, it's great that you get your drive blowed for you. I think my nephew in the D.C. area is sorry about buying a home right now. LOL He'd like to move back here to TX where we ONLY have hurricanes and NO snow!

Stephanie----I've been a Lifetime member of WW for years but not always at my goal weight. I'm 60, with a fantastic husband and a grown son. We sold our very, very old house because we wanted to downsize.

Our townhouse is great!!!!! We did the walk-thru today. Everything looks so good that we want to move in now. We put blue tape on lots of places that need touch-ups. Nothing major still needs to be done.

Maureen and Mimi (Marion) how many medals have y'all won? I missed the Olympics last night.

Jeanne, you barely get to catch your breath between holidays.
Dori, Sis, Donna what's going on?????

nikkic718
02-17-2010, 02:41 PM
UPDATE**

I took a preg test and its positive! Im freaking out!!!!!!!! I just lost 15 lbs and now im ging to gain that and more. def freaking out!

Mimi4fun
02-17-2010, 05:19 PM
DON'T FREAK thats good news right???? If its what you want don't worry about the weight. Your health is the main thing.:grouphug:

jar1965
02-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Hi Ladies! I'm Zumba 'ed out!!!!!!! I made it the entire hour! woohoo!

Nikki - Well I agree with Marion, first your health and the babys' health! OK, now the mother in me has to speak..........You are both adults, educated, and working, so, financially and maturity - you will be fine. As far as a weight gain - not true. You will only gain the 15 plus back if you stop watching. I weighed 250# when I got pregnant with kaitlin and I was told I COULDN'T gain. It was hard, but I only gained 11#. And I was lazy. You are not. The pieces will all come together. Trust me and all the other moms out there - they always do! Babies are soooooooo precious! Being a mom is the most wonderful thing that ever happened to me.

ok, enough preaching. Keep us up to date!

auntie
02-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi,

Nikki, I know you are freaking out! It will be ok! I promise. I was in shock for about 2 weeks when I found out I was pregnant. Look at what you've done so far. You are on a roll, it doesn't mean it has to stop either. Let's us know how you are doing? When are you going to the doctor?

Jeanne, zumba..... I think I would be in the hospital after doing it! :D

Mimi, You are the best!

Tina, how did the walk through go?

Tammy, still snowing there?

Stephanie, how is it going?

Ok, I thought I was going to be in control today. Nope!!!!! I didn't do too bad but not good. I need to figure my points up. I normally do them as I go but I didn't. Guess I won't be eating a lot tomorrow so it might balance out.

I go at 11:30 and then procedure at 12:30. The anthesiologist called tonight and said take my blood pressure med in the morning. He said I should wake up as soon as they are done. Good!!! I don't like being out of it!!!

Tammy
02-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Nikki, don't freak out! You will be fine. As for gaining that much and more, you don't necessarily have to gain alot during a pregnancy. I gained 11 pounds when I was pregnant for my son. (Jeanne, we gained the same amount! We must be related!) When you go to the doctor, talk about the exercise that you've been doing and how you've been trying to lose. In my aerobics class, there were 2 pregnant women in the class up until Christmas. One of them is due anytime, and the other one is due in March. Their exercise since the first of the year has been walking and swimming. We are here to give you support!

Jeanne, good for you for the Zumba! I'll start a Zumba class next week as long as there are enough people signed up for it. It's only 1 day a week, so that's not so good, but I'm doing the aerobics class 3 days, so I guess I'll be fine.

Tina
02-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Nikki, I agree with everyone else here. You just keep up the exercise, as long as your doctor agrees. My nephew's wife just gave birth and she had a vigorous exercise program before birth. She did not gain much and was healthier than before pregnancy.

Ladybug2680
02-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Nikki - Try not to worry too much. Everything will work out. :hug:s Like the others said as long as you exercise and watch what you eat you should be fine. I didn't gain any weight with my son until after 20 wks.

Overall I'm going well. I was surprised by my weight loss this week (3.2) and I'm excited to loss more. We're off this week for Winter Break so the we will be heading to Brunswick today and plan on going to the beach and doing so more activities. We'll be back on Saturday.

I have several goals to work on this week. Increasing my water, journaling, and adding in exercise. I'll see how it goes and will keep you all updated. Once again thanks for being a wonderful supportive group of ladies.

nikkic718
02-18-2010, 10:38 AM
omg you guys are WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! i appreciate all ur support. I go to the drs tomorrow morning. NERVOUS! lol i know everything will work out BUT still a lil scared! lol

going2dabeach
02-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Nikki, wow! Congratulations! Don't freak out. You'll be fine. Like Jeanne & Tammy, I didn't gain a lot with my son - only 9 lbs. My doctor would freak out everytime I went in because I was already "too big" as he reminded me every single visit.

Jeanne, I'd love to zumba, I think. There's a gym here that offers zumba classes but I'm not sure of the cost. I haven't exercised in so long, I think zumba'ing might be overdoing it a little.

I'm doing okay, I guess. Weigh in is tonight so that's exciting. Plus the sun is shining - doubly exciting. :cool: I would so love to not be here at work today but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I'm PMS'ing big time today, TMI - sorry, so emotions are running pretty high today.

Quick question - how long after starting WW did you wait before starting to exercise?

Tina
02-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Stephanie--start exercising today!!! You do not have to wait. I believe the booklet on exercise is the 4th week. But don't wait until then.
You are doing great. Sorry about the PMS.....not pleasant but you'll get through it. :hug:

Tammy
02-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Dori, I WANT TO GO TO THE BEACH TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say hi to Jekyll Island if you go there.

Tina
02-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Dori, take me, too. :)

Mimi4fun
02-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Stephanie; If its comfortable for you to walk I would really encourage you to start doing it, start slow just to the corner and back.
Please don't just jump into gungho exercise make sure you get your doc's ok before you start any exercise program. You don't want to end up with any injury that would put you further back.

Nikki! Please let us know how things are going, I was over 250 with both of my sons and like the other ladies gained very little. Its amazing how having that precious life inside of you gives you the will to eat well and healthy.

Tammy
02-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Stephanie, starting out with Zumba would be a bit much I think. Maybe walking or water aerobics to get started would be good. I had been exercising regularly, and I almost fell over at the end of each Zumba class. Let us know how your weigh in goes tonight!

maureen kempster
02-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Hi everyone-we're a busy group lately-I have a question hopefully one of you will be able to enlighten me. how do I count activitey points-for example-today at work I went up and down the stairs(a full flight) 25 times-now that's not all at the same time so I certainly don't or didn't break out in a sweat or I wasn't even breathing hard. Then when I get off my bus to come home I walk up a hill that takes maybe 3 minutes to get to the top and by the time I'm at the top I'm breathing really heavy! also I go down that same hill in the morning.so to be on the safe side can I count 1 point?
hope you all have a great evening and look forward to any input.

maureen(day 2 again!!!)

Mimi4fun
02-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Maureen, for your weight category 50 minutes of low intensity exercise= 2points

VisitorX
02-18-2010, 07:35 PM
:preg: Congratulations, Niki! I'm sure you'll do fine if you are mindful of what you eat and continue to exercise. Don't worry!

Tammy, thanks for inviting me to the thread.

jar1965
02-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Hi everyone! Wow, we are a busy bunch. Just chattering away! I love it!

Stephanie - OMGosh! It is soooooooooo hard! hahahah! But, I just have to do it! I love the moves (not that I look so wonderful doing them) and I love the music! Not too mention both of my daughters go! But, like the other girls said, start off with walking and then work your way up to Zumba!:hug:

Nikki - Good luck at the doctors tomorrow and make sure you come right home and get on here and tell us what he says!:preg:

Maureen - yea, what marion said!:D

Tammy - yay for Zumba!

Tina - hi sunshine!!!! How is the weather?

Marion - hello! Hope you are doing well!

Dori - Good for you starting over. And great loss you had! Have fun at the beach!

Night everyone!

Tammy
02-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Ok all. I have had trouble getting on here. Anyway, Susan sent me a text message earlier today. She is doing fine, a bit crampy, and she was going to take a nap! Wanted me to let you know! Sorry it took so long.
Ok, it just dawned on me. Why didn't I post on Facebook? Duh.

Tina
02-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Same here---I couldn't get on either! Wonder what was up

jar1965
02-19-2010, 07:04 AM
TGIF!!!! Good morning Ladies! Coffee is on:coffee:......anyone care to join me?

Any weekend plans for anyone?

auntie
02-19-2010, 08:34 AM
Jeanne, I be right over! Sounds good, I love the smell of coffee.

I feel better this morning. Cramping isn't so bad today! I'm takng the pain pulls at least for today!

Tammy
02-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Susan, glad you are feeling better!

My plans for the weekend? I have a baby shower to attend on Sunday. I think that's it. One of the women from the Y is having a boy very soon. We are all so excited.

Heard that there may be more snow headed this way, but I looked at weather reports and it doesn't look like much this time. I hope.

Mimi4fun
02-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Susan I am so glad you are feeling better.
To everyone have a great weekend.
PS I am so glad the American won the mens skating that Russian guy was soooooooooo smug.

going2dabeach
02-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Happy Weekend everybody! :D

The sun is out. :cool: Temps are supposed to be in the mid 50s today. Think I'm gonna get the kids (after son gets out of soccer practice) and go play some basketball. Both son & daughter LOVE basketball. Daughter played on her elementary school team this year. I played in junior high. So, that may be afternoon plans. Thought about going to see Tooth Fairy but I think since the weather is supposed to be nice we should get outside.

Susan, I'm glad you are feeling better. Get plenty of rest & don't overdo it. :hug:

Tammy, I'm sick of the "weather". I don't use the "s" word anymore this winter. We've had too much of it. And I feel like I'm cussing when I say it. :lol:

X, :wave: Welcome over! I'm fairly new here but have found that these ladies are so supportive. I felt right at home in no time.

Oh! I lost 4.4 lbs my first week. I'm excited. Mom lost 8.8 and believe me, she now thinks she's the EXPERT on weight loss. I work with her and live about a mile from her. So there is NO way to escape her "expertise". I know she means well, but my mother is so overbearing that if I don't take this weekend as a mom break, I'll probably go postal. I've started a little exercise - if parking your car farther away from your destination counts. And by walking around town for work when I need to get somewhere less than a mile away. I'm trying to build up to walking further. I didn't realize how out of shape I was.

Anyway, have a great day! :hug:

VisitorX
02-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Mimi! I'm glad Evan won too. He skated so beautifully and yes, that Russian was very smug. I think he was quite surprised.

Hi Stephanie, thanks for the welcome. You must be experiencing some of the weather we are. This is the coldest winter I can remember here. Yuck! But yesterday was beautiful and so is today. Finally warming up.

Good for you taking every opportunity to walk. LOL I can imagine how hard it is being so close to a "weight loss expert". Take that break!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday. Got to go grocery shopping then I will take a 4 mile walk and later 45 on the stationary bike. For the past couple of days I have had no energy but today I feel better.

Stay strong everyone!

Mimi4fun
02-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Stephanie and X I don't think I asked you, but are you both on the WW points system or are you doing your own thin...g.
Yes that extra walking will really help, and Please keep up the good work.

Tina
02-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Hi,
I agree that the walking is one of the very best things we can do.
Basketball sounds like lots of fun. Hope you enjoy it, Stephanie.
X, grocery shopping on Saturdays isn't fun. Too many people. :)
Mimi, I agree about the Russian, too.
How do you like all those skimpy outfits. :lol: Some look like they'd fall off.
Susan, how are you today?
Jeanne and Tammy are you snowed in?
Donna, what's new?
Maureen, how many boxes do you have left to unpack? You never told us how your beans turned out the other night.

We went looking for living room stuff and found a sofa and two chairs. Yea!
I wish I could just wiggle my nose and all our stuff would be packed and moved to the townhouse next week. Not going to happen that easily. :(

auntie
02-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Hi,

Pat just left for band. I actually got out earlier. He said "let's go get something to eat." We had fajitas at our favorite little Mexican place. It's the first time I've been out of the house since Thursday. I feel pretty good, just tired. I'm taking it easy today, haven't done anything except lunch and a shower. This way, I'll be ready for work on Monday!

Tina, when do you move again? Next week right?

Ya'll get this, they are talking about SNOW AGAIN Tuesday. This is unbelieveable!!! I'm ready for spring!!!

Nikki, how are you? How was your doctor's appointment?

Tammy & Jeanne are you staying warm?

Stephanie, way to go on your loss!!! I know it's hard when you have an "expert" around. It will all even out :)

Mimi and X, I agree about the Russian! Sore Loser!

Maureen, how are you?

jar1965
02-21-2010, 08:17 AM
:cofdate: Good Morning!

Stephanie - :rofl: You cracked me up about your mom being a weight loss expert! Too funny! My kids and husband use to walk to our local park and play basketball! We loved it! They are all grown up and "too busy" now!

Susan - So glad you got out for a little bit! Glad to hear you are feeling better! Hows your dad?

Tina - no snow yet! It was beautiful and sunny yesterday and so far this morning! I hear we are getting "something" tonight!

X - hey, good job on the walk!!!!

Marion - Hi! I haven't been following the olympics like you but yea, I did catch the "smug" Russian! hahah!

Tammy - Did you get out and enjoy that weather yesterday? Oh so nice!

Nikki - where o' where are you buddy?

Maureen - Hi! Hope you are enjoying your new home!

Well yesterday morning we picked up my in-laws at 8:15 in the morning. We went to Dover Ohio to the Warthers Museum. (understand that is almost 3 hours in the car with my mother in law. :p) and then we went to Sugarcreek and Berlin Ohio (Amish Country) and SHOPPED AND SHOPPED AND SHOPPED! Woohooo, I got a new Vera Bradley Purse and computer case!!!! Soooo pretty. Pricey, but I still had my Christmas Cash!;) We went to this BIG cheese house (Heinies) and my husband bought soooo much cheese! Oh my! We also went for dinner to Der Dutchman, a "home" cooked restaurant. It was nice, but.......I thought the food was boring. hahah! Helped me stay OP tho! We try and go there a couple times a year. Bob & I usualy go alone and spend the night. Last night we got home at 11:30!

27 DAYS TILL SPRING!!!!!!! Woohooo!

Better go weigh in (a little nervous about that after a Tastefullly Simple party Friday night and then yesterday).........

Have a great day!

maureen kempster
02-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Good Sunday morning

Glad to see so many newbies here-welcome we're all in it together-I went out yesterday with 2 of my bros and my sister-in-law. Shopped at second hand shops-had lunch and blew my weekly points-but that's okay I'm not going to beat myself up-back on track today-I even bought a skipping rope yesterday-keeps track of jumps etc-I'll let you know how it goes-one of my sisters is bringing me over a rebounder-if you don't hear from me in the next few days my head's stuck in the ceiling!!!
Tina, you must be getting anxious and excited now-the move's getting closer
well, it's snowing a bit here but it's not too cold so I think I'll walk to the mall that's little over 2 miles almost 2.5 so I'll get a bit of exercise in. Just waiting for them to open up.

have a great day on program and I'll check in later

maureen

Mimi4fun
02-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Susan; I think it has snowed more in Texas this year than here. Maybe if this weather keeps up Y'all have to move to Cananda.
Tina; YES I love those skimpy outfits esp when they do the close up shots.
Whew is it getting hot in here?
Maureen; I used a rebounder for a while (my kids loved it too) trouble is my boobs were going up when I was going down and down when I was going up.
Jeanne; sounds like it was a fun day of shopping do you split from you MIL when you get there or does she hang with (onto) you.
Nikki; WE MISS YOU. Please post????

Tina
02-21-2010, 03:23 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, but I'm laughing so hard at the thought of using the rebounder. :o

YES, I am sooooo excited and a little bit nervous. We went over to the townhouse this afternoon. The realtor was there doing some work and unlocked the door for us. The workers have been working but there's still blue-taped places that need to be fixed. There are only 2 more days!!!!! to get things finished.
Larry told me I could bite him on the leg so I wouldn't get so nervous. I told him that I'd wait and bite the contractor on Wedesday morning, if things weren't done.
I know-----"Calm down, Tina"

Jeanne, I love Vera Bradley. I got my sister a purse for her birthday. All I could afford for me was a tiny make-up bag. It's yellow and beautiful.
I would like to go to the Amish country some day. Hey, maybe I could come visit you, too.
Tammy, that's so funny about little Maurice having to change to going out a different door. Poor baby.
Susan, it's great that you felt like going out. Mexican food--yummy! How is your dad today?
Dori, Sis, Donna, X, Stephanie, how is your Sunday going?
Nikki, we are here for you!

Okay, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

auntie
02-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Oh my gosh!!! I'm laughing so hard too about the rebounder! I had one years ago and twisted my ankle. That was the end of that. I'm such a klutz!!!

Well, they have taken Daddy back to the ER. He hasn't been able to sallow and isn't making much sense today. They are checking to make sure that he didn't have a stroke. Just when we think we are make a step forward it's 2 steps backwards. My sister will let me know when she knows something or if I need to go.

I have had just a little pain medicine today. Only a little cramping. I figure I'm going to work tomorrow so I need to be off of the pain pills. The anti-inflamatories are ok!

Tina, please don't bite anyone yet!! Wednesday, go for it! and we can help!!!! I have a funny feeling that they will get it all done before then. How exciting!!!!

Mimi4fun
02-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Oh Susan I am so sorry, it sounds like one thing after the other. Still keeping both of you in my prayers.
Love Mimi

maureen kempster
02-21-2010, 06:42 PM
thinking about you & your family Susan-everything will be alright

maureen

Tina
02-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Oh Susan, do let us know when you hear something. You all are in my prayers.

auntie
02-21-2010, 07:32 PM
I'll keep you posted as soon as I know something. He is getting a CT scan.

going2dabeach
02-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Hey ladies! I hope y'all had a great weekend. Mine was super busy so that's why I didn't post. My sister & her hubby came & spent the afternoon & evening with us Saturday. She just lives 20 minutes away but we rarely see each other. Sad, huh?

Where's Nikki? I haven't seen her post since late last week. I hope everything's alright.

Susan, I hope everything is alright. Your dad is definitely in my prayers.

Tina, two more days! Hopefully everything will be fixed by then. Don't stress out too much though!

Mimi, I'm doing the points. My leader didn't even explain the other plan to us. That's fine though. I feel so comfortable doing the points. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything or that anything is forbidden. We went to Cracker Barrel yesterday after church and I had grilled chicken tenderloin, dumplins (my FAVORITE), turnip greens and a biscuit. This is definitely something I can do for the rest of my life - I actually see that now.

Maureen, I used to love to jump rope when I was younger. It was actually an exercise that I was good at & enjoyed. Being a big kid, that was a rarity. I've never used a rebounder though - I'm not coordinated anymore. :lol:

Well, it's back to the ol' grind. I'm not looking forward to work this week. May have to take a MH day one day this week.

Tina
02-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Happy Monday,

Stephanie, it sounds like you had a great time this weekend. Did you have any trouble getting in all your points?
Your meal on Sunday sounded good, except for the turnip greens. Yuck! :) I used to have to eat those once a week growing up. Anyway----I like the point system, too. With it, I'm more focused and know how muich more I can eat in a day. Keep up the good work!

Today I get a haircut. That always de-stresses me.
The seller's realtor is supposed to speak with the contractor this morning and will call me to tell me how things are going. She's a doll! (She also wants to make the sale.)
Susan, let us know what's going on with your dad.
Everyone else -- have a great day and post!
Oh, there's more ice dancing tonight. Go USA----Boo ugly skaters!

Ladybug2680
02-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Hello all. Everything this way is well. We had a wonderful time on our mini vacation and plan on having another one in April.

Susan - Sorry to hear about your dad. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Tina - Hope everything continues to go smoothly with the townhouse.

Mimi - LOL about the rebounder. I think I would have the same problem. :)

Nikki - Hope all is well. Give us an update when you have time.

Maureen - No need to beat yourself up. Just remember every day is a new day.

Jeanne - I love Vera Bradley as well. In fact, I got a great deal at a second hand store. I got a bag and wallet for $38 :carrot:. I couldn't pass it up. My DH on the other hand though differently.

Stephanie - Glad that you're doing so well on the plan. Keep up the good work.

maureen kempster
02-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Hi all-just thought I'd drop by and say hello-Marion I don't have the same problem as you on the rebounder(never had much up there) but I'm finding I have another problem!! I can't seem to skip or bounce-it's just not funny this getting older!! I think I'm going to have to get depends if I decide to do this stuff or maybe I'll just stick to walking!!!! LOL A friend of mine sent me an email with a link to youtube-it was Tom Brokaw- explaining the relationship between the US and Canada-if anyone wants to check it out just look for " Tom Brokaw Explains Canada To Americans"-I really enjoyed it
well have a good rest of the evening

maureen

Mimi4fun
02-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Maureen, that was an excellent video. I'll try posting the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYoTJItSPt0

Lots of hard work this last 2 weeks has paid off with a 4 pound weight loss, so I am reall happy about that.
Tina; Have a great couple of days. I am guessing you won't get on here much

We are finally getting some snow about 6 inches fell today, and it is still coming down.
Everyone have a great week, hope you are enjoying the Olympics.

maureen kempster
02-23-2010, 05:41 AM
weigh to go Marion-I weigh in tonight and I really don't expect too much-I don't know where my head's at but I know I have to lose and I keep sabotaging myself-
talk to you all later

maureen

jar1965
02-23-2010, 07:04 AM
Good Morning!

Marion - 4# Yay!!!!!:carrot:

Dori - Wow, GREAT buy on the Vera Bradley!!! I love it too, but, I only have a few pieces because of the cost!

Have a great day everyone!

going2dabeach
02-23-2010, 09:40 AM
Good morning all!

Maureen, I'm with you on the self-sabotaging behavior. I think I know where mine comes from so I'm dealing with it. I'm a Psychology major so I'm constantly analyzing & overanalyzing everything, especially my own behavior. It's hard to take a step back sometimes & look at yourself, but it helps.

Marion, yay for you! 4 lbs is great!

Gotta run - boss just walked in! More later.

Ladybug2680
02-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Maureen - Right there with you on the self-sabotaging. Did it last night and again today. I don't know what I do it though.

nikkic718
02-23-2010, 01:40 PM
hi ladies!!!!! O how ive missed you all!!! lol

So Im officially preggers.....approx about 5 weeks along and a due date of Oct 22nd. :bb::cloud9::preg:

This is something that Ive wanted for as long as I can remember!!! Everyone is excited which is a plus! BUT I'm becoming VERY VERY parnoid! Ive heard so many horror stories as far as miscarrying and being overweight and pregnant etc...........

ITS FREAKING ME OUT!!!! :?::shrug::sorry::yikes:

So I havent gained any weight yet, still trying to eat healthy. I dont drink milk BUT Ray (my baby daddy lmao) is making me!!!!!! he is monitoring it lmao I think its cute!!! but very very annoying lmao :)

I need lots of prayers!!! I want this more than anything now!!!

I'm still walking or at least tryin to w/out falling asleep! bc OMG am I tired!!! I just fall asleep everywhere and anywhere lol. :faint: Ray was like Nikki r u gonna sleep for the next 9 mths and I was like **** YA i am bc come October kiss your sleep goodbye lmao.

Who woulda thought making a human can be so exhausting lol!

Sorry im not so exciting now lol. I had a horrible run in w taco bell the other night though! I think I ate the whole left side of the menu it was a disgusting display I told Ray to NEVER EVER let me do that again. lol He told me he wont but he wanted to let me splurge bc he said i looked a lil stressed out lol............I in turn called him and ENABLER!!!!! :D

Lemme know if anyone has any GOOD stories to tell me instead of all these horrible stories people keep telling me. like im stupid for telling people at 5 weeks.

<3 Nikki

ethsmommy
02-23-2010, 02:00 PM
ok........first off CONGRATS!! on finding out your preggo!! Second.......I have been overweight since.......well since forever. and i had both of my children while i was over weight. don't let everything you read scare you......there is a lot of bad information out there on being overweight and pregnant. but i will say this....most OB/GYN's dont want overweight women to gain more than 15 lbs..so as long as you are eating healthy..........and enjoying those cravings now and again......i feel as though you should be fine. and walking is a good exercise for when your preggo too!! I just wanted to chime in!!

nikkic718
02-23-2010, 02:13 PM
thank you!!!! def makes me feel a lil better!!!!

Mimi4fun
02-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Congratulations; you and most of all baby are going to be fine, and it sounds like Ray is taking good care of you.
I think I said before I was over 250 with both of my boys, gained 15-20 pounds with each and had only slightly high blood pressure with the first one. Find an Ob/gyn that you like and that isn't going to be giving YOU anxiety.
Becoming a mother was the best thing that ever happened to me, even on those "oh brother why did I ever do this days" just looking at those trusting smiles made all the clouds go away. Still does :)

nikkic718
02-23-2010, 02:58 PM
AWE mimi thank you soooo much!!!!! That made me feel SOOOO much better!!!

Just keep the baby in your prayers! Thanks so much!!!:hug:

Tina
02-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Nikki, you will be fine. You want to eat healthy. And, Ray sounds like he's really anxious to help you.
You are definitely in my prayers---baby and Ray are, too.
Lots of love, Tina :hug:

auntie
02-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Nikki,
Yes, you will be very very tired!!! Sleep all you can! Get the book What to Expect when you are Expecting. It explains lots!!!! Yes, making a baby is exhausting. I was lucky, I hardly had morning sickness and it was only to a few smells. Time will fly by!!!! Keep up the work but don't beat yourself up! Your doctor will tell you what you can and can't do. I went to a nutritionist when I was pregnant.

Hang in there!!! And good for Ray....drink your milk (I hate it too but I drink it) and I took lots of calicum! Still do:)

nikkic718
02-24-2010, 10:33 AM
you ladies are FAbUOLOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I dont know what id do without you all!

Tammy
02-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Stephanie, your mom the weight loss expert is funny! My brothers and I live about 20 minutes apart, and we rarely see each other. sounds like you and your sister.

X, when we were at Jekyll Island in January, it was pretty cool. Good for you for the biking and running.

Tina, hooray to the furniture and the new place. Take a picture if you decide to bite Larry's leg.

Maureen, how is the skipping rope working out? I used to love to jump rope. I used to jump with the kids when I was on recess duty.

Marion, great on the 4 pounds!! LOL to you and Maureen on the rebounder.

Susan, I love Mexican food! Glad you were feeling good enough to be out and about.

Dori, did you stay in Brunswick? Where did you stay? Where did you eat? I am sooooooooooooooo ready to go back!

Jeanne, we visited Warthers when Tim was just a baby! We've been back a couple times since then. Beautiful carvings! My friends and I have visited Sugarcreek and Berlin too. It has been a few years since we've gone, maybe it's time to go again. Love Heinies and Der Dutchman (mainly desserts there!!). Have you ever gone to Lehmann's Hardware store that is north of Berlin? If you haven't, I highly recommend it. It is so interesting. I love some of the Tastefully Simple products - Chai Tea, Beer bread, orange cranberry bread, and .........................

Went on a bus trip to a casino today. Had lots of fun people watching. I played on $20 for most of the day. We had about an hour left till it was time to head to the bus. I had been playing machines that were 1, 2, 5, and 10 cents. Decided to try a quarter machine. I ended up with a win of $365!! Not too shabby!!! I was thrilled!! I don't do that often, but I liked it today!

auntie
02-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Woo Hoo Tammy!!!! When my brother and I would go to the boats... the winner always had to buy the hot donuts on the way home!!! That was when he owned his family!!

Ok, here's what's going on.... sorry I haven't posted much!!!

Daddy is doing better each day! Sunday, he was admitted back to the hospital with a possible stroke. No stroke! Lot's of fluid, UTI, and mild pnemonia! Monday, he said he was giving up! I called... and said "NO YOUR NOT!!! Seamus doesn't want you!!" He said "OK" Then Tuesday, mom and dad talked, and decided Daddy would do temporary dialysis to get the fluid off. They put in the shunt today. He did 2 hours of dialysis and they got off 4.5 pounds of fluid. Tomorrow will be 2.5 hours! Daddy said "this is what I need to get going in the right direction!!" I think he is right. He's not giving up. Oh and the not eating thing...... today, he decided he was hungry and wants to eat!!!! So hopefully that will return soon too!!! Maybe just maybe we are headed in the right direction now!!!!!

As for me, I thought yesterday I was feeling better, today, I'm cramping again. My sister reminded me that it's not even been a week and they did do alot in there! I can't exercise until I go next week for my post op appointment.

Just wanted to keep ya'll posted on things!!!

auntie
02-24-2010, 08:52 PM
How do you change the message under your name? Where it says member?

I figured it out :)

going2dabeach
02-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Happy almost Friday! I hope y'all are having a good week. I took off work today to take son to the orthodontist & try to get some school work & house work done since hubby has class today. Woke up this morning & guess what? The kids have a s- sn- WEATHER day so there isn't going to be a lot getting done around here today. At least I'm not at work. Weigh in is tonight & I'm excited! I tried to weigh this morning on my scales & they are all jacked up. First they told me I'd lost 4 lbs which I can completely live with. Then I got back on to "double check" and they said I'd lost 8 lbs which made me really happy so I got on again, so I could see what it would say and it said I had only lost 6.4 lbs. So who knows? I guess I'll find out in a few hours.

Susan, I'm so glad your dad is doing better! Maybe this is the beginning of his recovery. As for you, don't try to over do it. Get plenty of rest til you go back to the doctor.

Tammy, sounds like you had a good time. Which casino did you go to? My mom goes to one near the Kentucky Ohio border once or twice a year. I've never been though.

Nikki, :hug: how are you doing?

Everyone else, :wave: have a wonderful day!

Mimi4fun
02-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Tammy; sounds like you had a good (lucky) day.
Tina; Is today the official buy day????
Susan; so glad to hear your Dad is trying thats the worst when they give up hope.
Stephanie; we had so many snow days one year the kids had to add days on at the end of the year, right up until July 1.
Nikki; we are all happy and praying for you and baby

Dori; you are just going to have a talk with yourself and decide what you really want. believe me dieting is HARD work. we have to love ourselves enough to spend that extra time taking care of ourselves. if you don't do it who will, and if you aren't healthy how will you be able to take care of those others you love. I can't tell you how to start but for me I set a date in my head, and stuck to it, made sure all of those things I can't resist eating (candy, cookies, ice cream) was not in the house for my start date. If your family has to have those treats make sure they have them in their own area, but you would be surprised how little they will miss them. Our leader the other night suggested having a blow out night once a week for them (not you) and letting them have their cheesies chips cookies whatever. She said she did that with her family for almost a year then sometimes they would skip the night and not even miss it. If you have sabotagers in your family, recognise them and realize that maybe they ARE doing it on purpose. I have a good friend who is very big and I actually called her on it and she admitted it, but you have to deal with them in your own way. My husband was a big one for bringing treats into the house when I was dieting, maybe thats one reason why I am having better luck losing for these last ten years. Sorry for being preachy, but I can tell the desire is there for you, we will help any way we can, but we can't do it for you. Love you!!! Come on you CAN do it!

auntie
02-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Hi,

I'm ready for the weekend!!! I feel like I could just sleep all weekend. I am crampy again tonight. I think because I go go go during the day and I come home had it hits me. I go back to the dr next week, so we'll see what he says.

Dad had dialysis again today. Took 2.5 liters off of him. YEA!!!!! Mom said his arms and legs are already smaller! He pulled his feeding tube out! and then refused to let them put it back in!! I said "Oh, he is getting a little feisty again!" He had his boost and soup for dinner! They won't let him eat anything solid because he didn't pass the swallow test again. Then again he has had that tube in for a week or 10 days. It will all start working again.... just has to remember what to do! Baby steps! I didn't know that dialysis makes you tired. My sister told me that! It makes sense!

Stephanie, glad you got a lot done. You come here and do stuff!

Tina, did they get it all done? Or do we need to make a trip down there?

Tammy, you got snow?

Mimi, MY MITTENS CAME!!! I LOVE THEM!!!! THANKS!!!!! I'm so excited!!

Nikki, how you feeling my dear?

Jeanne, we are going to have to call you skinny mini!

Dori, You can do it!!!

Maureen, how are you liking your new place?

Mimi and Maureen, here is a silly question... maybe I should just get a map out and look for myself. How far are you from each other? :)

Tina
02-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Hi all,
Boy, am I tired!!!
No, I didn't have to bite anyone. Drats! That would've been fun. :lol:
The final walk-thru went well. There were only a few things for them to do.
When we returned after Closing, everything was done and the floors had been polished. Beautiful!
Today,I spent the day over there . There's something wrong with the 2nd floor thermostat so someone is coming tomorrow afternoon. I'll have the morning to hit Target and the grocery store.

Sorry but I'll have to read all the posts tomorrow. It is good that it's time to begin a new thread.
Boy, we are talkative. That's wonderful!
Love you all,
Tina

maureen kempster
02-26-2010, 05:45 AM
Hi all
Well I lost .5lbs this week I guess it's better than gaining-Susan I checked google and from Gatineau, Que(that's where I am) to Marion's city it says 343 miles. Glad to hear about your Dad. I really like my condo but being out west so long I forgot about the French language issue-I can't get any of the condo laws etc in English!!!! Boo Hiss-
Tina, when do you move into your place? You'll have to post pictures. It just sounds great.
Tammy, Marion how are you both doing?
All this week I've been aiming for a minimum of at least 20 flights of stairs at work and I've been hitting it.
well I have to get ready for work see you all later

maureen

Tina
02-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Maureen, I would take that loss. Congratulations!

I'm expecting a loss next week.
Wow, I didn't realize how much exercise I'll be getting in a 3-story townhouse. I need a pedometer.
Yes, I'll post pictures once we get furniture in. Tomorrow we have 3 rooms painted.

nikkic718
02-27-2010, 07:58 AM
hi ladies just wanted to check in real quick!
WE GOT MORE SNOOOOOWWWW! Im sick of it and I'm running away. :)

I have a cold.......yuck!!! I have the croupiest (is that a word lol) cough EVER and cant take anything for it :(

Im at work and DO NOT want to be here lol I would like to be back in my nice warm snuggly bed!!!

ill post more later. just a quick check in .

O ya I lost a pound lol. whoo hoo

Tina
02-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Hi all,
Nikki, I hope you got home to your warm bed. :hug:

It's been another crazy day. I'm sooooo tired. The guy who was going to paint for us just decided not to come. This evening, we finally found someone else to paint on Monday.
When we get some furniture in there, I'll take photos and send them.

Hope y'all have a good Sunday.

jar1965
02-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Hey all! happy Sunday to you!

Not too much new here. Fighting a darn head cold which makes it hard to focus on anything! Bob went back to work this morning. After 5 months of being off. I got up and packed his lunch and saw him off at 5 this morning. I miss him already. He is my best friend. When he was off at first I was a little annoyed. Then I got used to it and he was so darn helpful around the house.

The morning has been very quiet. The kids and dog are still sleeping and I only made a little pot of coffee. I was thinking about taking a morning nap since I've been up so long already!:dizzy:

Still excited about my WI! Can't believe I've stuck to it so long. :cool:

Tina - bummer about the painters! But, so glad you found someone else so quickly!

Susan - Yea baby, you can call me skinny mini! hahhaha! I have never ever been called that in my life! Yep, theres that head getting bigger and bigger!
How are you feeling? I hope a little better! How is your dad? I think of you every day! Stay strong!

Marion - Wooohooo so excited about the mittens! How about some of those outfits that they wear at the olympics. Loving the plaid pants on the men on the ......... oh darn whats it called.....like shuffle board team?! You know what I mean?

Tammy - Hi. How is everyone in your neck of the woods? Hope you are starting to get out a little more. We had a little weather relief. I hear we are headed for 1-3 today into tonight. Urgh!

Maureen - Hi! Congrats on that .5# loss! It's better than a gain!

Nikki - Hi kiddo! How ya feeling??????

Hi Stephanie! Hope things are going good for you!

Dori, mommy & X - hi! Hope things are going good for you!

Have a great day and heres a little dust to bring in your monday!:dust:

Tina
02-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Jeanne, I think you mean the Curling teams. Who on earth decided to make a game like that! :lol: :lol: That's so funny.

Hope everyone has a great day. The sun is out here and we're expecting a high of 67! Wow, what great weather!

Love y'all :hug:

jar1965
02-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Yeppers thats it! Curling! Thank you Tina!;)

auntie
02-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Not More Posting Here!!! Come To The March Thread!!!