Exercise! - 3rd 4 week exercise challenge PLEASE JOIN

jacksonmom
08-19-2002, 09:55 AM
Hi! Welcome all old and newcomers! So far our challenges are HUGELY successful so please join in. It's simple all you do is figure out how many miles you want to walk, jog, bike, etc. and post your 4 wk. goal then on Sun. post your weekly totals and I will make a master list of everyone's goals and weekly totals. The challenge is from today 8/19/02- 9/15/02

Jacksonmom...goal 40 mi

Semo...goal 55 mi

Happy2bme...goal 35 mi

bobsgal...goal 50 mi

Stef...goal 216 mi

dreamsmall...goal 140 mi

jessamybowes...goal 40 mi

madtypist...goal 100 mi

kina...goal 20 mi.

tonyalyn...goal 40 mi

chatsey...goal 80 mi

SEMO
08-19-2002, 11:14 AM
I'm upping my goal to 55 miles and I will try not to wait until the last week to get them in. :dizzy:

I ordered and received Leslie Sanone's walking tapes and really thought they would be too easy for me...........well the two and three mile tapes are not for wimps. I recommend them if someone is looking for something new to try. I ordered the one with the belt and feel that I will get a good upper body workout while I'm getting the benefits of walking. The price was decent too, for four tapes and the belt it was around $35 from QVC on a today's special.

happy2bme
08-19-2002, 02:13 PM
Even though classes start again next week :cry: and I have my last week of vacation over Labor Day, I'm upping my challenge to 35 miles.

This was really, really, really, REALLY motivating and for any of you out there considering it, we'd highly recommend it to get yourself up and moving on a regular basis.

Jacksonmom - thanks for coordinating this again. Hope your foot is feeling better.

Semo - I bought the Walk Away the Pounds Tapes too after all I'd heard about them on this forum. I got the 3 pack - 1, 2 and 3 mile with the hand held water weights for $19.99 at Walmart then saw them for $2.00 less at Sam's Club. The 1 mile only takes 18 minutes- done before you know it! The others are quite challenging. More than I expected. It's a nice change of pace to add to your workout routine.

Getting my walking shoes laced up... :dance:

bobsgal
08-19-2002, 02:29 PM
My goal for the 4 week challenge is 50 miles.
Steph

stef
08-19-2002, 06:02 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Well I made it back on forum and will be adding my miles!

I think I need to revise my mileage cos I am now working fairly flat out teaching various exercise classes. SO:

Aqua classes: 2 x week @ 3 miles per class = 6 miles
Baggy T-shirts classes: 8 x week @ 4 miles per class = 32 miles
Body conditioning classes: 2 x week @ 3 miles per class = 6 miles
GP referral classes: 1 x week @ 4 miles per class = 4 miles
TOTAL FOR CLASSES = 48 miles

Walking round town: reduced to 2 x week @ 3 miles per hour = 6 miles

Combined total = 54 miles.

I'm wearing my pedometer so I'll check my figures and adjust my target at the end of the week!

Stef (still no weight loss, but my NEW working gear is falling off my hips already!):o :o

jacksonmom
08-19-2002, 08:20 PM
Happy2bme- glad you joined the new challenge. My toe is good. I'm back to working out again. THanks for asking.

Stef- I put you down for 54 didn't know if you wanted that to be a monthly total or 54 was your weekly total and you are really planning to do 216. Just let me know if i posted the wrong amount. Glad the clothes are falling off. Sometimes the scale just doesn't move but the inches do! TTYL

DreamSmall
08-20-2002, 04:35 PM
Hello!
My walking goal for this challenge is 140 miles.

Hmmm, let's see this started 8/19 so my miles total 10. I do 5 miles every morning at 4.5 MPH, makes me tired just typing that!
19th - 5 miles
20th- 5 miles

Geez, only 130 to go...LOL!

Debbie
295/187/160

Jessamybowes
08-20-2002, 05:13 PM
Hello,
I am new but need the challenge. I am setting my goal for 40 miles.
Right now I don't think I am getting enough cardio in my workouts, so this will help out a bunch. I start college in two days so I need this challenge to keep me going even though I am going to be so busy with classes and Kelci (my 3.5 month old daughter). Good luck to everyone!
happy2bme- You said your vacation is just about over, what kind of classes are starting up? Just wondering.

Jessamy
166/136/110

stef
08-20-2002, 05:33 PM
OMG! Jacksonmom! I hadn't added it up to a monthly target! Yep 54 is weekly, so 216 monthly.

If the scales don't start agreeing with my clothes soon I am going to scream!

I have wallied around with this weight loss thing for so long now. I have given myself hundreds of excuses and decided to "start tomorrow" for years. NOW! Now I AM doing something. I have decided to fill out my class schedule to full time, whilst waiting for that perfect job of course!

Less than 2 weeks after letting gyms know I am available I have a full(ish) schedule. I am hoping that my size 16+ classes take off cos I am going to add in a couple more in 2 weeks!

So very soon we shall all be able to see just how effective all exercise and very little diet control is in weight loss management! My honest guess? Not very! As I work more I will eat more. If I don't take care what I eat I won't lose any weight BUT I will probably continue to get and look smaller, fitter and healthier.

Now that is all well and good, but I would still love the scales to agree with me!

Stef

madtypist
08-20-2002, 06:05 PM
Hi to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please count me in Jacksonmom for a goal of 100 miles this month... thankyou.

Hope everyone is doing well and ready for another great round.

I am off and riding my 6 miles for the day, great weather today so it will be a nice evening ride.

Have a good week ladies.;)

Suzanne.

Kina
08-21-2002, 08:40 AM
Jacksonmom please put me down for 20 miles this month. I don't know if I can do it but there is no sense in dropping the exercise all together. Actually I have this portable twister I bought from Avon and I plan to take it to my day job and hop on that every chance I get. But put me in for 20. I think I have my schedule in control now that I can squeeze some exercise a few minutes at a time. Better than nothing. I hadn't realized you all had moved. but I found you all so that is good. So here goes another challenge.

bye. Kina

TonyaLyn
08-21-2002, 10:15 AM
Hello Ladies!

I have been lurking on your threads for a little while, and find you all a great inspiration. I cannot believe how much you all exercise. That is great!! I would like to join your challenge.

Little info about me...I am 31 years old, married with two children. I work full time in an IT dept at a University, and have 15 pounds left before I hit my weight goal. I just started exercising routinely again, and always need a challenge. I am going to start low though, so I don't sabotage my goal:

So, my goal for the 4 week challenge is 40 miles. I may up it as time goes on. So, here is my week so far:

Monday: 1 mile walking
Tuesday: 3.5 miles walking
Wednesday: 3 miles walking
Thursday:
Friday:
Sat:
Sun:

Thanks for letting me join!! :)

SEMO
08-21-2002, 02:30 PM
Hello All, well so far I'm off to a good start on this week's mileage. I am having all sorts of problems with eating tho!!! Maybe we need a second challenge of who can wear DUCK TAPE across the lips the longest. Naw, that probably wouldn't even do it for me. I need to gain some control so I'm open to any helpful suggestions though. What's strange is that for almost two years I did great and was within a couple of pounds to the goal I had set for myself and now 6 months later and I've gain back 20 pounds. HELP!!!!!

Oh BTW, welcome to all the Newbies, great to have you join us.

DreamSmall
08-22-2002, 07:03 AM
21st- walked 5 miles
22nd- only walked 3.5... I feel like crap.
total so far 18.5

I am hoping to get a walk in this evening after I take a much needed nap, my little guy had me up much of the night. We'll see though...

Debbie

TonyaLyn
08-22-2002, 09:27 AM
Anyone know where to get a good pedometer but not really expensive??

Thanks!!

jacksonmom
08-22-2002, 10:04 PM
Hi! Welcome all newbies. I updated the list so please let me know if any of them are wrong. If I misspelled your name it was not on purpose as I was typing I was holding my VERY ACTIVE 6 mth. old. I'm off to an o.k. start with this challenge but there is still plenty of time to make it up.

Tonya- you might want to check ebay they seem to sell everything. Not sure which ones are good.
Everyone keep up the good work. TTYL

SEMO
08-23-2002, 09:18 AM
Good Morning Happy Walkers/riders. I'm right on target this week, however, I need to get a little ahead because I'll be out of town Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. I will be setting in meetings for two days not to mention the two and a half drive going then coming back. Does butt spreading sound appealing, NOT! Have a great day.

chatsey
08-23-2002, 05:52 PM
Please count me in. I'd like to do 20 miles per week
for the 4 week goal of 80 miles.

If we go over our anticipated goal miles, it that okay?

Jessamybowes
08-23-2002, 09:03 PM
Hi everyone,
I am doing great I already have 10 mile under my belt. I just rented the Walk away pounds 3 mile from the library, so that has helped out since it has been raining the past couple days. This challenge has kept me working my but off, which is great.
Jessamy

jacksonmom
08-24-2002, 05:15 PM
Chatsey welcome. YES, you can go over your goal. I hope to go over my goal as well. Glad you joined and to everyone else I will update the list on Mon. so please post your weekly totals by Sun. if possible. Keep up the good work.

stef
08-24-2002, 05:48 PM
I made 47 miles this week (I cancelled todays class). AND I LOST A WHOLE POUND!! I won't get too excited though, I probably just got dehydrated!

Stef

happy2bme
08-24-2002, 11:21 PM
Hi Everyone,

This is going to be a tough challenge for me. Been having problems with my foot that has really prevented me from doing any sort of long term exercise. I'm feeling quite frustrated at not being able to get my walking in and I will be travelling for the first 3 weeks in September which is going to make it even more difficult.

I will still plug away - better a little something than alot of nothing!

Put me down for a teensy 4 miles this week.... :( Can I swap my 30 mile pledge for 2000 ab crunches :lol:

DreamSmall
08-25-2002, 10:34 AM
23rd- 5 miles
24th- 5 miles
25th- 5 miles

Total so far 33.5 ... only 106.5 to go, LOL!!

Debbie

madtypist
08-25-2002, 07:40 PM
Hi to everyone

Hope everyone had a good week, it sounds like a lot of exercising going on. My total for the week is 17 miles not as much as I would like, but I was away for the weekend soooooo the only exercise I did was raise my hand to my mouth, lots of food intake, LOL... oh well I am on holidays this week coming so there will be a lot of bike riding happening.....at least I got in a bit last week..

Well girls keep up the great work..... and have a good week....;)

Suzanne.

SEMO
08-26-2002, 10:00 AM
I have 25 miles to report for last week. WooHoo.

Hey JessAmy, how do you like the Walk Away the Pounds Tapes. I've just started them. I did the three mile Sat and Sun and the two mile this morning. OMGoodness, I was very impressed.....I truly thought they would be too easy for me since I had been doing five miles on another machine. Add the weights and if that doesn't slide some pounds off I don't know what will. I have muscles that I never knew I had......

I'm out of town for the next two days so you gals keep up the great work.

jacksonmom
08-26-2002, 05:40 PM
Weekly Totals! Not everyone has posted so I will update as you post. Let me know if any are wrong.

Jacksonmom...goal 40 mi...8

Semo...goal 55 mi...25

Happy2bme...goal 35 mi...4

bobsgal...goal 50 mi

stef...goal 216 mi....47

dreamsgal...goal 140 mi...33.5

jessamybowes...goal 40 mi

madtypist...goal 100 mi...17

Kina...goal 20 mi

TonyaLYn...goal 40 mi

chatsey...goal 80 mi

jacksonmom
08-26-2002, 05:46 PM
Some of you have done more in a week then I have in a couple of weeks! Boy, y'all are inspirational!!!!!!!!! I'm happy to report I joined the YMCA today and have an appt. with a trainer tomorrow morning YIPEEE!! I'm using a trainer to set up a plan because they will push me more than I push myself. I also started doing WW (on my own to save $$) since Fri. and have been OP everyday. Even passed up pizza as my dh ate it because it was too many points. I feel like I finally have the push to do this and be successful! It has taken many years to get to this point. 3fc definetly helped me along with all the support you get here, THANK YOU! Everyone have a great week. I'll check in later!

madtypist
08-26-2002, 10:24 PM
My first day of holidays and I rode 14.5 miles, wow it was great, I hope the rest of the week will be as good.

Hey Jacksonmom, congrats on your new endevor, I have been doing ww from home for 3 years, I did not join I got all the books and forms and did well from home and have maintained it also. You will find it easy to do and you will loose the weight, it is a great program and you will be able to follow this for the rest of your life. It is a great way to go.... Good Luck :)

To all, have a great day.....;)

Suzanne

happy2bme
08-26-2002, 10:44 PM
Yay Jacksonmom for taking that big step and joining the Y. They have lots of great programs to keep you interested and regular folks just plugging away like yourself. And a trainer too! It's such a worthwhile thing to do. They will show you form and technique and like you said push you harder than you will do yourself. Even tho I call my trainer Mr. Evil and grunt "does it LOOK like I can do 25 more reps???????" I really like our time together. I'm sweaty and ugly and wobbly when I stumble out once a week but I feel so darn GOOD. You'll love it! Congrats on passing up the pizza too. You're on your way!

Suzanne, 14.5 miles in one shot. That is wonderful... Nice posting for you too Stef and Debbie.

Semo, I too got the Walk Away the Pounds tapes and thought, this is a weenie workout. No way! I was pleasantly surprised. And the time passes quickly too.

Well, better get moving here. Can't count miles logged at the computer for anything. Have a great week everyone.

Jessamybowes
08-28-2002, 10:02 PM
Hi everyone as of today I have 20 miles. I started taking a college cardio fitness class since I needed to take one more credit to be full time student. I am so glad I did, because we walked, cycled 4 miles today.
Yes I did like the Walk away Pounds tapes. But they could use faster music. I just turned down the tape and put my music on.
madtypist/jacksonmom.... What books can you get for the WW program. I heard someone was making spreadsheets. I would like to do it at home, any suggestions on how to start. I can use all the information you can provide. Thanks bunches!
Well have to read my health book, talk to everyone soon.

Jessamy

madtypist
08-29-2002, 10:17 PM
Hi to everyone!!!!

I am getting in huge bike riding this week, it is so nice to be able to have the time to be out and do lots of exercising and the weather has been perfect.

Hey Jassamy I went to a ww outlet and asked to buy their point book and I got some charts and just kept track at home, it is very easy. I am the type of person who does not require to join and go to the meetings to do the program, I did just fine from home, so if you can get the points book then you will be on your way....

Have a good weekend.

:) Suzanne

jacksonmom
08-30-2002, 05:49 PM
jessamy- you can get WW products on ebay too. You would need a pointsfinder for sure because that's how you figure out how many points something is. If you eat out alot they have dining out books with the point totals they also food guide book with the points total for tons of food. Good Luck!

I'm doing so great this week with exercise. Workout everyday at the GYM! I'll update the list on Sun. or Mon. Keep up the good work everyone!

happy2bme
08-31-2002, 02:48 AM
I have had a really bad week. Overdid floor exercises on Tuesday and I've been walking (if you can call it that) in crippling pain for the last 3 days. It's finally subsiding but other than lots of painful stretches to work out the kinks, I haven't been able to do anything at all. Got a busy weekend coming up then we leave on Monday for a week's vacation. Am hoping to pick up again even if I can't accurately measure how far I've walked. Would be too easy to just bow out of the challenge but I can't do that. So... I will plug away and just have a teesy little post at the end. Better a little than none at all.

Hope everyone has a great week. So glad to hear that you are enjoying the gym Jacksonmom. I get a big fat honking ZERO miles for this week - I might have done one or two but I don't remember... Will check in again next weekend.

DreamSmall
08-31-2002, 04:06 PM
26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th and 31st I walked 5 miles each morning, even when it was raining cats and dogs the one morning...LOL. I got so wet that eventually I just put my umbrella down, put my hood up and walked like a looney woman in the rain. Remember, I do this starting a 4:45 in the morning so I am sure that I scared a few people.
My total so far is 63.5 miles ... only 76.5 until my goal.
Oh, one more thing I am down five more pounds since 8/20!!!
Debbie
295/182/160

stef
09-01-2002, 05:10 PM
Hi!

I hit target this week, plus 3 miles for an extra cover class. I think that makes it 57 miles.

No more weight loss but clothes are baggier still! This will probably cost me more in clothes than I am being paid to teach the classes!!!

Stef

madtypist
09-01-2002, 06:55 PM
Hi to all:

Sorry to hear about your pain that you are experiencing Happytobeme hopefully while you are on vac. you will be able to rest and the pain will subside, it is a drag being in pain from exercising, but when that happens it is better to cut back and get better. Have a great week.

All you girls that are walking, wow, you sure are able to walk alot, I can't believe the milage you do. That is so great. It is nice to see the clothes start to bag, even tho the scale does not move, you sure see a diff. in your clothes. it really keeps you moving.... great stuff.

Well put me in for 52 miles this week, it was a great week, lots of riding, I hope to get out tonight for another couple of miles. Back to work this week so I will really miss all the bike riding I put in this week. I am thinking of gettting some of those walking tapes for the winter when I put my bike away. :(
I hate the thoughts of that. oh well I will start to walk once the snow flies and I hope I will like the walking tapes. I do not like the stationary bikes, so a walking I will go.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the gym Jacksonmom that will keep you well motivated. Thanks for posting this week and have a great week ladies..

SEMO
09-02-2002, 06:47 PM
Late checking in but here goes.....6 miles for the week.

We were out of town all weekend plus the two days of meetings. I did get lots of walking in but not counting those shopping miles.
:)

DreamSmall
09-03-2002, 06:43 AM
Hello everyone! Sorry I don't do a weekly check-in, I lose track of what day it is. So I just put in my days whenever I can.
9/1 - 5 miles
9/2 - 5 miles
9/3 - 9 miles... took 2 walks today!!
Total so far - 82.5 miles
Miles to goal - 57.5

Debbie
295/181/160

jacksonmom
09-03-2002, 09:23 PM
Totals as of 9/2/02:

Jacksonmom...goal 40...20

Semo...goal 55...31

Happy2bme...goal 35...4

bobsgal...goal 50...N/A

stef...goal 216...104

dreamsmal...goal 140...63.5

jessamybowes...goal 40...N/A

madtypist...goal 100...69

Kina...goal 20...N/A

TonyaLyn...goal 40...N/A

Chatsey...goal 80...N/A

Sorry I'm posting the second week totals so late. Alot of you are alreaqdy past the midway point on your totals! I'll talk with you later.

SEMO
09-04-2002, 11:17 AM
Jackson Mom, we appreciate your hard work putting all the totals together. :cp: we applaud and send kisses to you. :chockiss: :chockiss:

Daretobeu
09-04-2002, 01:11 PM
Hi Ladies

I've been reading your thread for a week now, and I hope I can join in. It seems that having friends in the same boat (hope we don't capsize!!!!) can be a real benefit!!! I started the walk away the pounds tapes a week sunday, and only missed 2 days. Knowing that I had them since Spring...... I figured they gathered enough dust. I did 11 miles last week, so I think my goal will start out with 10miles a week. If I go over, then that's to my benefit, right?? Thanks for letting me join--:)

SEMO
09-04-2002, 08:20 PM
Hi and welcome DareToBeU, glad that you decided to jump in, we'll Mooooveee over, always room on this boat. We may have to start paying JacksonMom for all her hard work in keeping up with us don't think she bargained for a full time job. You'll find that it's easier to get your exercise in when you have to report your totals by Sunday.

Anyway, glad that you joined in. I love the Walk Away the Pounds tapes but am starting to get annoyed with Leslie's laugh, think I'm going to start playing my own music and turn the tv volume off. I'll let you know how it works. Gotta Run.

jacksonmom
09-06-2002, 06:55 PM
Welcome daretobeu I will add you to the list on Sun or Mon. Glad you joined in. Well as I was warned my son got his first cold so I couldn't go to the gym this a.m. but hubby is now home so off I go. I'll either post totals on Sun. or Mon. Thanks to all who benefit from this as much as I do. Talk with you later.

DreamSmall
09-06-2002, 09:11 PM
Welcome Daretobeu ... my Walk away the Pounds tapes have been gathering dust too, I guess I should break them out.

9/4 - 5 miles
9/5 - 5 miles
9/6 - 5 miles
Total so far: 97.5 miles
Miles to goal: 42.5

Debbie
295/178/160

madtypist
09-07-2002, 11:12 PM
Welcome Daretobeu I am sure you will enjoy this forum. It sure will keep you moving. :)

I just bought my first 1 mile walking tape and I like it alot. I will be using it when I put my bike away in a couple of months. :(

I have never done any of those exercise tapes but I am glad to have found out about the walking ones. I can imagne after doing it for a while I will get sick of her voice and laugh. :dizzy: and I will have to put some headphones on also..:lol:

I have rode 24 miles this week and have enjoyed the weather, every day has been sunny and warm, great to be out and about, hope you are feeling better jacksonmom its a drag having a cold but hopefully you will work it out of you... thanks for doing the posts this week.......

Have a great week ladies :cool:

Suzanne

stef
09-08-2002, 04:54 PM
Sunday again already?

I've been decorating.cleaning and dressing my flat ready for the agents to value it on Tuesday - eeeeeeeeeuk, but it must have added to the kcals worked off.

I did everything on my list this week so I must have hit target mileage, mustn't I?

So 54 for me! I might do more next week as I am adding another class to my schedule. The pedometer will tell me!

Still no weight loss (and I ate a pizza tonight, well I had just cleaned the oven!). But I am now unpicking the waist band of a fairly expensive skirt I bought about 3 weeks ago!

Stef (I won't publishing my weight agian until I lose some of it!!).:dance: :yikes:

SEMO
09-09-2002, 09:28 AM
Good Morning Ladies, just stopping in with my total of 14.5 miles for last week.

Hard to believe that almost another four weeks have gone by.

jacksonmom
09-09-2002, 12:53 PM
This weeks totals:

Jacksonmom...goal 40...28

Semo...goal 55...45.5

Happy2bme...goal 35...4

stef...goal 216...158

Dreamsmall...goal 140...112

madtypist...goal 100...93

Kina...goal 20...15

daretobeu...goal 30...11

I have not received everyone's updates. If your total is not right please let me know. We have one week left to hit our goal! Everyone keep up the GREAT work!

happy2bme
09-09-2002, 08:44 PM
Well I am in Ann Arbor, MI this week for a training class but the good news is that my foot is finally healed and I can walk again AND they have a TREADMILL in the exercise room! I'm delighted! No update for last week for me but I'm getting my sneakers on and heading down for some serious walk time now. I feel like I'm back in the game again! :cb: :cb: :cb: :strong: :strong:

DreamSmall
09-09-2002, 09:38 PM
9/7 - 5 miles
9/8 - 5 miles
9/9 - 5 miles

Total so far - 112.5
Miles to goal - 27.5

Kina
09-11-2002, 08:12 PM
Hello to everybody. I have been quite busy so you haven't seen me around in a while. But I recieved the news today. I was laid off my seasonal cotton testing job....YIPPPPPPEEEEE!!!!! I was too happy to get that news.

Another piece of great news when i was on campus I came across a flyer for the intramural club. I guess that is like the athletics dept. Well they have a 100 mile challenge to be completed by December 11. I figured well I have to exercise for my families weight challenge so I would go ahead and join in and allow my mileage to count towards this challenge as well. For every 100 miles completed entrants will recieve a T-shirt. So I have been on my elliptical machine every evening doing 6 miles. So I passed my goal but I will tally up by this weekend. And hopefully all my efforts will pay off in the end. I haven't yet seen the scale move and now that I am not going to be doing manual labor at the evening job I am going to have to do it myself and buckle down seriously.

Well just thought I would let everyone know things are getting better. Talk later.

Kina

SEMO
09-12-2002, 09:44 AM
Kina: We're :cp: and :cb: and :dancer: and more :cp: for your meeting your challenge and losing to your mini goal. WooHoo! Don't forget to take a day off once a week to let your body rest.

DreamSmall
09-13-2002, 01:33 PM
9/10, 9/11, 9/12 and 9/13 ... 5 miles each morning.
Total so far - 132.5
Miles to goal - 7.5

Everyone is doing great! Remember... think of exercise as treat for yourself not as a chore. Keep it up!!!

Debbie

Kina
09-13-2002, 02:11 PM
Just checking in. Wow last night must have been my night to catch up on all that lost sleep. I fell asleep on the couch at about 9pm. DH woke me up at some point to go to the bed. This morning I didn't want to wake up. I think I might end up asleep early again. Although I have to remind myself that I have to get some homework turned in by Saturday.

Needless to say, I didn't get my 6 miles in on the elliptical. Perhaps I will double up tonight. I have to say the results are greatly showing especially in my legs. I don't measure myself very often...I guess because I am not sure what I am doing with that measuring tape. Anyhow I see that i have been losing in my waist. I am just hoping that this elliptical machine melts that fat off the other areas and not just workout the legs. Is there anyone that uses an elliptical machine that can share with me what sort of results they have found by using this machine? When I bought it, the machine did not come with anything other than the put it together instructions.

Thanks SEMO it is nice to finally have some time to breath. But knowing me when the cotton season comes around again you know what I will be doing.

I better get going. I want to take a little bitty nap before the kids get home from school. Talk later. Oh! When does the mileage count end on Saturday or Sunday? Let me know.

Corina

fatchickfour
09-14-2002, 12:01 PM
darn, I missed it!! when's the next one, ladies??

SEMO
09-15-2002, 06:54 AM
Hey Kina, I've had my elliptical machine for over two years. It's the only exercise machine that I've ever stayed with and hasn't ended up as a clothes hanger. I don't really like the arms moving back and forth so I trade up and sometimes use weights and pump the arms as if I'm walking, a little tricky at first to keep your balance. I think it's a great workout for the lower body but I also have to do other exercises for my upper body and abs. (my biggest problem areas)

FatChickFour: We are ending this Sunday the 15th.

Report my miles in later.

madtypist
09-15-2002, 03:35 PM
Welcome back Kina, that is great you will be able to get in some exercising..

My total for the week is 13 miles, a far cry from before,,:( I was away this weekend so only got in a little walking not much.

Oh well I hope to get in more this week coming.

Gotta go and do all the laundry, and catch up on all my housework, can't be away playing on the weekend, the little elfs just don't come in and do it for me,,,,, :?: can't figure that one out... LOL..

Have a good one ladies.

jacksonmom
09-15-2002, 04:49 PM
Welcome back Kina! The challenge ends on Sun 9/15/02. I will post the totals tomorrow and start the new challenge tomorrow so everyone post your totals and look for the new challenge. It looks like everyone is doing really good. Fatchickfour- would love for you to join the new challenge. just look for the new thread tomorrow.

Kina
09-15-2002, 11:54 PM
Well I am here to tally up my weeks total...40 miles for the week.

I am setting my new goal for the next challenge at 100 miles. I hope I can make it. I will just have to push a little bit harder.

Talk later. I will be heading for the showers now then to dreamland. Bye.
Kina:D

happy2bme
09-16-2002, 09:02 AM
Hi Everyone,
Sorry I've been out of touch but even though I was travelling last week I managed 7 miles. Far cry from my goal this time time around, but I was glad to get back in the groove. Looking forward to the next challenge. Thanks again 3mom for keeping us on our toes!

SEMO
09-16-2002, 10:14 AM
Reporting a total of 12 miles for last week.

Think I'm going to do minutes on our next challenge. I haven't been counting my exercise minutes towards miles (somehow I feel guilty doing that). But think that minutes would work better for me.

4myloves
09-16-2002, 04:30 PM
Jacksonmom: When you issue your next challenge, I'd like to sign on. If you get back on before I do, I'd like to try to walk 30 miles in 4 weeks.

4myself
(cdavis)

madtypist
09-17-2002, 05:45 PM
Hi to everyone

Thanks Jacksonmom for keeping track of all our totals and posting the next challenge. :)

I am in for 100 miles on this one, hopefully the weather will be good for me to ride my bike. I can't do too many miles on those walking tapes. :p they are a lot harder than riding my bike....

Speaking of riding, I am outta here for one before it gets dark.

Have a great week!!!!!!!!!

:D Suzanne

jacksonmom
09-17-2002, 09:11 PM
Final totals!

Jacksonmom...goal 40...32

Semo...goal 55...57.5 MADE GOAL!

Stef...goal 216...158

dreamsmall...goal 140...132.5

madtypist...goal 100...106 MADE GOAL!

Kina...goal 20...55 MADE GOAL!

daretobeu...goal 30...26

I didn't get everyone totals! I will start a new thread Please join! EVERYONE DID GREAT!