Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-13-2010, 08:08 AM   #1  

Default Self Talk/Self Control

Hi,

I have a small victory for myself that I need to share......May not mean much to most, but it sure makes me feel good. I work right across from a Subway and when I don't have time for breakfast at home I stop in there and get a breakfast sandwich. I knew I was going to stop this morning and struggled with what I was going to order all the way there. It's a 1/2 hour drive from my house. It felt like I was actually fighting with myself. The breakfast sandwich I usually have is sausage, egg, cheese, tom, onion. pepperocini and light mayo. It is loaded with fat and calories. Since I'm tracking calories daily I needed to get all the stats and order healthy. Anyway, I chose a WW, egg and veggie sandwich. No sausage, no cheese, no mayo. Veggies, mustard and a splash of FF onion dressing. I calculated it to be around 450 cal. That is a little high for me, but I can work it out through out my day. I just kept saying, 'Gwen, it's all about choices. You have a choice'. I did it once, I can do it again.
It truly is about the choices we make...we can choose to binge or too not. I choose to remember how bad bingeing makes me feel and try my hardest to stick to my plan.
Love to you all.
Gwen

Last edited by justbeu; 01-13-2010 at 08:09 AM.
justbeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:12 AM   #2  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Congrats! You should be proud of yourself... You are RIGHT! It is all about choices... way to go!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 405 / 298 / 150

Height: 5'4"

That is awesome!! You are absolutely right, and you are making the choice to be healthy and take care of yourself. I always try to remind myself that the "pleasure" of the binge is never worth the sick feeling I have afterwards and the guilt/shame I know I'll feel. It's difficult but can be done.

Congrats and thanks for the inspirational story this morning!
MapleLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Nice work, Gwen!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:19 AM   #5  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

Congrats! You should be very proud! Ive done the whole fight with myself. And you won yourself over! Keep it up!!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

That's great!! Just remember how GOOD you felt after you chose something healthy when you have to make another choice like that. Nice will power!!
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote