Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #1  

Default cheesecake factory?

So my 90 year old YiaYia wants to take my sister and I out to lunch tomorrow and we usually go because she's old and it makes her happy, but she is INSISTING on the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. Needless to say, she is one of those stubborn, passive aggressive old ladies and my sister was giving me pressure, telling me to "stop making a fuss" and whatnot. But now I don't know what to eat! I know that many of the salads probably carry upwards of 1000 calories, so I am majorly freaking out about what to get. Any help would be awesome on what I could get that wouldn't completely destroy my day calorie-wise. Thanks!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:21 PM   #2  
Beings fats is brutals

Height: 5'10

I would say the best thing would be to get a salad without anything fried on it, without cheese and without dressing. They have a "light" salad selection. I had some kind of Asian one when I was dragged there a couple of years ago.

OR if you're feeling brave, order a black coffee or an unsweetened ice tea and just tell her that you don't care for their food, but you're enjoying the opportunity to spend time with her. That would probably discourage her from insisting on going there again.
Metal Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:33 PM   #3  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

did you google cheesecake factory and see if they have calories listed online anywhere...not sure if they do or not...
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

They have 4 weight management salads, all between 500 and 600 calories. A bit high for lunch but maybe workable. And if you ask for the dressing on the side and dont use much you can probably do better. You can trim even more off some of these salads by requesting that cheeses and other high calorie items be left off.

An option I like at a lot of restaurants like that is potstickers appetizer. They are scary sounding because they are pan-fried but usually the calorie count is not outrageous. CF's are listed as 377 for 4 potstickers. Plus I really like potstickers so I dont feel deprived. Just make sure they understand this is your MEAL so they dont bring it out 15 minutes early.

MTA: if you do sushi the Ahi Carpaccio is also an option.

Last edited by ennay; 01-05-2010 at 04:40 PM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Gosh, she's 90 years old, there may not be an "again."

Try one of their Weight Management Salads and ask for dressing on the side if that's possible. And, don't feel as though you have to eat all of it! Take some of it home with you.

Skip any breads that are brought to the table.

Get a diet drink or just plain water. No alcohol.

As for dessert, you could split a piece of cheesecake with your sister, or just skip it and have some coffee.

Plan ahead for the rest of the day as well, so that you have some calorie cushion.

Eating out happens--you just have to think ahead. Good luck!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:40 PM   #6  

I did some scrounging, but none of the calorie counts seem to come from the actual cheesecake factory website. I did some looking at calorie counting sites and the best options seem to be the Weight Management Spicy Chicken Salad at 490 calories, which I can probably lower by getting my dressing on the side. There is also a small chopped vegetable side salad with chicken at just under 400 cals.

Thanks for the advice! I was so freaked out I completely forgot to look for nutrition info(although to be fair last time I checked I couldn't find any on them . And I ALWAYS get an unsweetened iced tea eating out, I find it helps to reduce my appetite pretty well
Old 01-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #7  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I agree- eat a weight management salad- that's what I've done- I get water with a lemon and I'm good. If appetizers come I sometimes excuse myself and go to the bathroom so I won't be as tempted

I also don't get dessert.

Here's a great post about them from Hungry girl:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/girls/bit....php?isid=1057

I had the spicy chicken salad (490 calories)- it was alright. Nothing amazing. But doable for sure.

Last edited by beerab; 01-05-2010 at 04:43 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:44 PM   #8  

Hehe, I posted pretty much the same thing as everyone else at the same time! I can't really go out and drink alcohol, at least not for another year yet . I think I will try everyone's ideas; I might go for the Spicy Chicken salad or shoot for the smaller side salad.

Considering that my great-grandmother lived to be over 100, there will probably be an again. My Yiayia will probably outlive me; crazy Greek women are like that

Last edited by girlonfire; 01-05-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:52 PM   #9  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

These are likely older numbers, but it seems like someone scanned in the booklet that they are required to provide in Washington State.

http://calorielab.com/news/2007/07/2...its-rochester/

When you bring up the individual pages you might need to click on the picture to make them more readable.

Last edited by RealCdn; 01-05-2010 at 04:53 PM.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #10  
Beings fats is brutals

Height: 5'10

I found this for the Cheesecake Factory at the Eat This, Not That site:

Factory Create-an-Omelette with Spinach, Tomatoes, and Mushrooms
529 calories
10 g saturated fat
780 mg sodium
8 g carbohydrates

This is also from ET,NT and it's TOTALLY interesting:

The 20 Worst Restaurant Foods in America
15. Worst Club Sandwich

Cheesecake Factory Grilled Chicken and Avocado Club
1,752 calories
28 g saturated fat
2,309 mg sodium
85 g carbs

Who would have guessed that a dish with a name like this could pack more calories than 11 scoops of Breyers All Natural Mint Chocolate Chip? Skip sandwiches entirely when dining at the Factory. The "lightest" on the menu is the 1,052-calorie Grilled Cheese. Instead (and this might surprise you), you'd be much better off ordering a burger. The Factory Burger is one of the best burgers offered at any sit-down restaurant in America, and so long as you swap out the fries for something healthier, it's also one of the safest entrees you'll find on Cheesecake Factory's misguided menu.

The Factory Burger
737 calories
15 g saturated fat
1,018 mg sodium

=================================================
Whoops. Too late. I hope you have a nice time! And remember, their cheesecake LOOKS and SOUNDS better than it is. I've never been impressed with it. Just impressed by the names and how they look in the glass! NOT WORTH IT!

Last edited by Metal Chick; 01-05-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Metal Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

They have a "weight management" menu which includes:

- Asian chicken salad with grilled chicken, lot sof veggies and some low cal dressing

- Spicy chicken salad with grilled chicken, corn, peppers, black beans and other veggies

- Pear and Endive salad with low cal vinigrette

I did find some calorie info about some menu items and I found these:

BBQ Salmon- 521 Calories

------

I'm pretty surprised for some reason, as to the calorie info I found- it's insane! Here are some links:

http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/...d_endive_salad

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Hope this helps!
bensempress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #12  

Quote:
Who would have guessed that a dish with a name like this could pack more calories than 11 scoops of Breyers All Natural Mint Chocolate Chip? Skip sandwiches entirely when dining at the Factory. The "lightest" on the menu is the 1,052-calorie Grilled Cheese.
yikes! Just another reminder that I NEED to cook at home for most of the week.
lala30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #13  

crap, i forgot that i'm not allowed to eat crunchy foods, like salad. guess it's the omelet or maybe some soup
Old 01-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #14  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Whenever I go to a restaurant and I don't think their choices are ok, I just ask for exactly what I want, even if it's not on the menu. For instance, I would ask for a small salad with just veggies and even throw in some steamed broccoli (make sure it has no butter) and ask them to grill some chicken or salmon for you and put it on top. No dressing. If you really want, there's nothing wrong with getting your own dressing in a package and using that. Either way, it sounds like you found something you can work with. Have a great time!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #15  

Height: 5'5"

They have Edamame there!!!
BarbieGyRLXO is offline   Reply With Quote