Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #1  
It's My Time

S/C/G: 179.8/178.2/130

Height: 5'1

Default PLEASE HELP, I Need Some Motivation!!

Hi guys and gals,

I have been on this site for a week now and it is definately the right place for me. I started the Fat Smash Diet on Jan 4th, but stopped on Jan 8th to celebrate my new job. Yeah Me! I don't feel to bad about quitting it since I lost 3lbs in a few days. I am ready to end this weight loss battle and live a happy and healthy life.

My biggest problem is getting motivated to exercise, funny thing is I HAVE A PERSONAL TRAINER, but I don't want to go to see her. I like my trainer very much and eventhough I dislike the pain she puts me through, I really enjoy our conversations when I am with her. I just don't have the drive to go.

What I usually do is train really hard with her for a few weeks, then I stop going to the gym and cancel my training sessions for a month and the cycle repeats. I want to enjoy exercising again, but it is a struggle to get there.

Can you all please give me some encouraging words to get me moving? Thanks is advance
beautiful9800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I'm not sure what to say except that long-lasting weight loss and health come from adopting a healthy lifestyle... forever! If you've only been on plan for 4 days and quit, well, I don't know? Weight loss and maintenance is really 80-90% nutrition and the exercise is just the "icing" on the cake (sorry for that term!).

Do you REALLY want this?
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:45 PM   #3  

I'm a guy so I don't do encouraging, very well, there are lots of others on here who do!

I will say that you should sit down and think carefully (and probably write down) all the things in the past that are barriers to you eating or exercising. From your original post I can pick up on 2.

You were on a plan for 3 days and then quit for a celebration. There is always a celebration, or a party, or a special occassion or something. So sounds like a key barrier is rethinking how you treat special days. Maybe you should say that on special days you will allow yourself to eat 25% more calories than an "on-plan" day. But still track carefully and hold yourself accountable.

Secondly you mention that you go crazy at the gym for a few weeks with a trainer who kicks your butt and then you quit. Maybe you lose motivation (as I do) by overdoing it and it not being fun when you are always in pain or exhausted. So maybe your plan is to hit up the gym without the trainer consistently and only do a level of intensity that doesn't leave you exhausted or sore.

Anyway I say all of that because I realized that I cannot do somebody else's "plan"...I have to realize my own personal strengths, weaknesses, abilities, shortcomings, temptations, etc, and plan for success for me. And the biggest first step is realizing where you currently fail.
randomcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #4  
It's My Time

S/C/G: 179.8/178.2/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomcards View Post
I'm a guy so I don't do encouraging, very well, there are lots of others on here who do!

I will say that you should sit down and think carefully (and probably write down) all the things in the past that are barriers to you eating or exercising. From your original post I can pick up on 2.

You were on a plan for 3 days and then quit for a celebration. There is always a celebration, or a party, or a special occassion or something. So sounds like a key barrier is rethinking how you treat special days. Maybe you should say that on special days you will allow yourself to eat 25% more calories than an "on-plan" day. But still track carefully and hold yourself accountable.

Secondly you mention that you go crazy at the gym for a few weeks with a trainer who kicks your butt and then you quit. Maybe you lose motivation (as I do) by overdoing it and it not being fun when you are always in pain or exhausted. So maybe your plan is to hit up the gym without the trainer consistently and only do a level of intensity that doesn't leave you exhausted or sore.

Anyway I say all of that because I realized that I cannot do somebody else's "plan"...I have to realize my own personal strengths, weaknesses, abilities, shortcomings, temptations, etc, and plan for success for me. And the biggest first step is realizing where you currently fail.

Thanks for the advice, turns out that you are a great realists and it is just what I need to get going. The TRUTH WILL SET ME FREE!!!!
beautiful9800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:25 PM   #5  
Ericabauw

What I decided to do was pick something that would be rewarding in the future to lose weight to.

Im gonna be getting married in the next 2-3 years (gotta make some money first!) and I really want to look good in my wedding dress so thats going to be my reward. Don't take this personally but I think the best thing to do is not to go off your diet to celebrate. I feel like its important to stick with it and eventually it just becomes a lifestyle and not an annoying part of life
Old 01-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Just a thought--if you are feeling overworked by your trainer, you don't have to keep doing that. You can go to the gym on your own and work out at your own pace.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:06 PM   #7  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I agree ... one of my previous doctors told me that Pain is a warning signal from your body that you are hurting it. It means: slow down and take a rest. I read another one who said you do not have to run a marathon to get into shape; do a bit each day ... becuz consistency is more important than the amount!

Like Mr. Cards, I increase my calorie alottment for the weekend and special days; don't give yourself permission to return to old bad habits. You want to be healthy for the rest of your life, not a few days. Make a list of motivators -- like your health, feeling well, not getting sick, no pain, looking nice, freedom, nice clothes, future family, being comfortable and confident, etc. There are hundreds of motivations, esp good health! When you get older, you start to realize how much extra weight hinders you; but it is better and easier to make changes now ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote