Support Groups - January Club - 2010

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : January Club - 2010

WardHog
01-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Happy New Year! Time for a new start, a clean slate, to turn over a new leaf! There are a few of us who started together in January, 2008 to change our lives for the better. We have had ups and downs, successes and frustrations, but through it all we have offered support and friendship to each other. We will continue our journey here, but this thread is open for anyone who has resolved to be healthier in 2010. Tell us your goals and share a little about yourself. We will all work together to meet our goals this year.

:newyear:

MyChoice2bfit
01-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Yeah I found the new thread! Thanks Ward for getting it set up for us. :cp::thanks:

I'm ready to get started and reach my goal this year. My goal is 100 lbs. I have ALOT of work ahead of me! and I know I will get my support here.

To get me started on my goal I bought a Beck Diet solution Weight Loss Workbook. It is a 6 week plan to train your brain to think like a thin person.

I thought it would be good for me to have something concrete to work on to get me restarted. I'll be sharing information from it as I get started.

I'm looking forward to hearing from Ward, Mindy and Kelly and if you are new--I'm looking forward to hearing from you to!

mtiger
01-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks Ward!! I found it also.

Briefly- Jan. 2008 I started eating better and working out. I lost about 50 pounds in 08. I continued in 2009 but things slowed down a bit. I lost about another 25 pounds. That brings my total to about 70-75 depending on the day. I want to lose 30-35 more pounds and hope to do that in 2010.

I am losing very slowly and have all these gains and losses. It can be depressing and confusing at times. I just keep working at it and I know that someday I will be where I want to be.

Come and join us on our jorney. There are just a few of us, but we are always there for each other and stick together.

ladyrider72472
01-01-2010, 03:43 PM
My name is Tammy. I have been on this WL journey since my son bet me I could not lose 65 pounds from October 6- May 8, 2009; I did it. I have taken off an additional 15 since then, but it is a slow process now. I am going after the final 10 now. I have 2 boys, I (like I posted above) married my best friend in May of this year (we rode our motorcycles to Vegas and got married on them). I have 4 dogs.

I am ready to get past this last 10 and maintain the rest of the year and my life.

Tammy

WardHog
01-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Hi Tammy! Wow, you have done great! Good luck with those last few pounds. I hope you will stick with us.

Where are you in Arkansas? My grandma lives near Russellville. Beautiful country there. :)

MyChoice2bfit
01-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Hi Tammy! :welcome3: I hope we will hear for you often. We are all at different weight-loss goals and levels. I know I would love to hear about how you lost the 65 lbs. We will encourge you as you loose lost last 10 lbs.

Ward: Are you still reading? What are you reading? How are the workouts going?

Mindy: I know you can loose those 30-35 lbs this year.

I'm doing well. I have really enjoyed my days at home during the holiday break and I feel that I have things in place for going back to work. I got so many things caught up--which is important to me because when they aren't I am anxious and then I eat for the soothing effect.

I'm also working my way through my weight loss workbook and should be ready tomorrow to start the daily work pages. I also am going to the Y tomorrow afternoon for a walk and weight training.

See you all tomorrow.

ladyrider72472
01-03-2010, 04:38 AM
Thanks for the welcome!:hug:

Ward: I live in NE Arkansas. I live about 70 miles west of Memphis, TN. So, I live in the not so beautiful flat lands of Arkansas. Lol.

MyChoice2bfit: I lost the first 65 by using a treadmill desk (you can google it), by using 1/2 diet pill a day until I got my eating under control, then I did a "tweaked" version of WW. That got the 65 pounds off. After I got married in May, I started a fitness bootcamp. I have lost 15 pounds since then, but I have firmed up like no body's business. I am faithful in going to it 4 days a week. On top of that, I still have the treadmill desk and I walk at least 5 miles a day with that. I work in a medical office and the doctor I work for allowed me to do this b/c I was suffering from back pain from being overweight and sitting long hours (he is a "back" doctor--it doesn't look good for your staff to be suffering from back pain- lol). He now brings patients in my office to show them our version of the treadmill desk (the original was $6500 so we made one). He shows my before pictures to his overweight patients b/c he is proud of me. It is good to work for someone that great. I consider myself very fortunate.

With all of the above, I have learned that you have to do what is right for "YOU". I did get some negative feedback on another thread for using the 1/2 diet pill a day. But, the thing is, I used it as a tool. I no longer take them, in fact I did not even take 1/2 pill for 6 months. I took it to get my eating under control. However, what seems to be the key for me is MOVING! Some people can lose weight without exercise, but for me that has been the key. I am just beginning to run on a treadmill and I do plan on doing a 5k this year. I am not sure that I will do a 1/2 marathon or anything like that, but I do see a 5k in my future.

I know you did not ask for a book....... but you got one. Lol. :D I am glad I found this thread and I look forward to getting to know you ladies better.

Ward, btw, I am on the binge eating thread too. I have a hard time on the weekends. It seems to be that I have to abide by the rule, if I don't want to eat the whole bag of chips, then don't eat one. It works-- most of the time for me.

MyChoice2bfit
01-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Hello-as soon as I finish my post here I'm headed to the Y and will be on the treadmill then weight-training...doing upper body today.

Tammy: I will have to google the treadmill desk to see what you are talking about. As far as the 1/2 diet pill goes you used it as a tool and I can't believe anyone would or should give you grief for that.
Mindy does 5 k's and I think Ward does too-both of these ladies are exercise queens! I used to be and will be again.

Mindy: How goes it today?

Ward: I haven't heard you say anything about spinning class...are you still going? My Y just got some spinning bikes and will be having classes. I will skip the 1st round of classes but plan on getting into shape these next 6 weeks so when the next classes come around I can take it and not die! lol

Ok...got to go get changed and out the door.

See you all tomorrow.

WardHog
01-03-2010, 06:16 PM
How was the Y, Susie?

Tammy, are you binge-free? I kind of lost it last night, but I am back on the wagon today.

Mindy, how are things with you? Ready to get back to school and into your routine?

I had a great workout today. Went to the gym in the morning and did 12.6 miles on the stationary bike, then ran 3.1 on the treadmill. Came home and had my soup for lunch, then went for a 30 min. swim. Gotta get ready for the triathlon!

I am also doing a program called New Rules of Lifting for Women. I lift weights on Mon./Wed./Fri. and I've been at it for a couple of months. It's not a weight loss program, per se, but a fat loss program. So, I can't be upset if the scale doesn't go down. If my clothes fit and I am satisfied with the way I look, then it's a success. By the way, those things are not true now because I have not been able to regulate my eating very well the last couple of months.

That is going to change, though. I am participating in a biggest loser challenge with some ladies from a Mom's message board that I'm a member of. It's 10 weeks and I hope it will keep me accountable until mid-March. In any case, it will be fun.

ladyrider72472
01-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Ward, that contest sounds like a good motivator. Wow, a triathlon, how impressive.

You know, I want these last 10 pounds off...... but the scale is not really my indicator. I want to be at a "healthy weight" and my clothes to fit, be healthy, and strong. Everything else is a bonus! It is an awesome feeling to be able to do things I can do now, which I could not at 268.

I am on day 4 binge free. It should be "easier" if that makes sense b/c life is back to "normal" now.... No holidays, no patients bringing in goodies. My co workers are "trying" to lose weight (we are working on the motivation part).

MyChoice, how are you today?

I need to get busy now. I will gab at you later.

MyChoice2bfit
01-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Hi. I had a really good workout on the treadmill at the Y last night and also in the weight-room. I'm not really pushing myself just yet but I did work up a little sweat and heavier breathing. It just felt really good to move!

I will be going to the Y again tonight.

Ward: When is the triathlon? I think I told you I went and watched my first one last July--my boss did it. It was really inspiring to me. Have you done one before?
Are you taking your measurements? I think you should if you aren't. I'm not sure that your current program will show that much on the scales but it sure will in the measurements.

Tammy: I have binge issues as well so I totally understand how it is easier to stay on track when things seem normal.

In my Beck Weight loss workbook there is a list that I am to keep in place to help me when my motivation is going. It's called the Disadvantages of Dieting with Helpful Respones. One of them is:

I don't want to tolerate hunger and cravings: BUT there are a lot of things I can do to decrease my discomfort and if Idon't learn how to get myself to tolerate some discomfort, I won't be able to maintain the weight I lose.

I am one who will eat (binge) to soothe discomfort so I am using this one to help me when those times come.

Mindy: How was the 1st day back?

I'll see you all tomorrow. Going to meet my walking partner and walk the building for 30 minutes.

mtiger
01-04-2010, 06:52 PM
First day back to school went good. It was freezing though, since they had turned the heat off. I probably burned some extra calories today just trying to stay warm.

During TOM I went up to 182.2...not as bad as last month. Today I was 179.8 again. I am really gunnin for that 176 this time. If I don't make it I might explode.

Susie- Good job working out and workin that Beck plan of yours. You keep up the good work girl.

Ward- What can I say?? You just keep rolling. You look great, you must feel good. Good luck with all that training.

Lady- I have learned for sure that the closer I get to goal, the harder it has become. Stay strong.

MyChoice2bfit
01-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Hi, how's everyone doing today? The stress of work has already began to creep back in but I'm self-talking to myself and telling myself that eating off plan won't make it any better so there's no reason to eat. I have this printed on a card that I actually hold and read when I feel like I need to eat something to make me feel better.

Whose planning on watching the Biggest Loser this season? It starts tonight.

They canceled the fitness classes at my Y this week because the heat in the areobic room is not working..I can still use the treadmills and weight-room though so that is where I will be tonight.

Mindy: I know you can get to 176....and I don't want you to explode! :D What is your plan for getting there this month?

Ward: How's the triathlon training going? and are you doing ok with the binging?

Tammy: Did you workout last night? How often to you workout?

ladyrider72472
01-05-2010, 01:04 PM
I AM.... I AM planning on watching the BL (even though every first show I swear I am not watching it again)....... but I will be in front to the TV tonight.

As far as my work outs.... I do a fitness boot camp 4 days a week. I walk 5 miles a day..... and as of today, I am training for a 5k.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Tammy

WardHog
01-05-2010, 05:04 PM
I will probably DVR biggest loser and watch it tomorrow. My alma mater is playing in a bowl game tonight, and also has a basketball game. Don't know what I'll watch!

Tammy, that's a whole lotta working out! Good for you!

Mindy, please don't explode. :)

Susie, are the cards part of the Beck plan? It sounds really good; like it addresses the mental part of weight loss, which is so important.

Kelly, when are you coming back to the thread?

Yesterday I did my weight lifting, plus 30 min on the elliptical and 15 min of intervals on the treadmill. Today's workout was a 25 min swim, Ride class, and 35 min on the elliptical. I am loving the swimming. I was one of two people in the pool this morning. I don't know if that's normal, or just because it was 18 degrees out, but it was wonderful. Eating is on plan, day 3 today.

See y'all tomorrow. :wave:

tecampbell
01-05-2010, 05:43 PM
I would love to join your January Club!! I am 5'9" and weigh a little over 210lbs......UGH!! I really never had a weight issue when I was growing up...so this is really scary! I would love to know what types of diets each of you use....I have used weight watchers (which worked really well....except that I needed to use Adipex to keep me from being so hungry) and then I have used Low Carb.....but I LOVE PASTA!!! so I need HELP!!!!

sonickel77
01-05-2010, 05:53 PM
I think I'll join this thread for some extra inspiration.

So far the weight loss is going good. Down to 96.8kgs this morning!!!! Only 38.8kgs to go! lol.
Do you set monthly goals for yourselves here? Mine is to get down to 93.5kgs by 31 Jan. We shall see if that goal is reached.

teacampbell - I am reducing carbs somewhat but not being too strict about it. I love chocolate but haven't had any this year. And I won't either! It is like crack cocaine for me!

WardHog
01-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Hi tecampbell! Welcome! I think we are all doing our own thing as far as plans go. We just try to get here every day to offer encouragement and support to each other. I am a calorie counter myself.

Hi sonickel and welcome to you as well! Congratulations on your success so far! I don't have any monthly goals; right now it's just to re-establish good eating habits and start feeling less squishy (oh, and the jeans one - fit into my jeans comfortably). I'm not sure about the others.

We'd love to have you both stick around. :)

Kelly530
01-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Hi everyone! I have been on this thread for the last two years with Susie, Mindy, and Ward. I started out a 235 pound heifer:D and am now down to around 169 depending on the day. Mindy and I are best friends, and we are both teachers. We work out together after school as often as possible, so my weight loss is definitely attributed to having a workout partner and someone to help me keep on track and encourage me! This school year I was moved to a new school (away from Mindy:() and my husband changed jobs. This has been very difficult for me, and I have faced many challenges both in my life and in my weight loss journey. I basically maintained my weight from September to December, fluctuating in a 5 pound range. Now, I am trying to get back on track and lose this last 20 pounds! I know I can do it, since I have lost 70 pounds in the last 2 years, I just have to stay on track with my eating. I am a calorie counter, and use a basic formula that I read in a Biggest Loser book (which I will be watching tonight, by the way). It says to take your current weight multiplied by 7 and that is the number of calories you should eat to lose weight. My magic number is 1200, which is very difficult for me to keep to. But, I will keep at it!!!!!! Workouts are going well. Today I am taking a day off because my legs are so sore from the last few days of DVD's.

tecampbell, ladyrider, and sonickel: Welcome! We love to have others join us and are happy you are here!

Susie--I am so glad you are trying out the Beck plan. I so needed your card today when the banana bread in the pantry was calling my name. After I ate some (unfortunately) I threw the rest of the loaf in the trash. It had to be done.

Ward--A triathlon! How exciting! I am glad there are people out there like you and Mindy that like to do that stuff. I initially thought I would really get into that stuff, too, but after doing a few 5K's with Mindy, I threw my competitive nature into the wind. I just can't stand running. So, good for you!

Mindy--I know you worked out extra hard today since you didn't go to school. That should shed some pounds. Or maybe getting your tax return would help......:lol:;)

I promise to be better about checking in with everyone. Even if I just post a paragraph, I will be more conscientious about posting. Have a great day everyone!

ladyrider72472
01-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Welcome tecampbell and sonickel! It is good to have you here.

Tecampbell..... what has gotten me this far is pretty much moving and doing what works for me. I started out doing a "tweaked" version of WW, but I am now on it hard core (I just don't go to the meetings or pay online), my former WW leader stands next to me in boot camp though. I have found on WW that if you do all of the "healthy guidelines" you are not quite as hungry. Unfortunately, that means eating fruits and veggies out the wazoo....... I say unfortunately b/c some people just don't like veggies. So, you have to get them in ways that are acceptable to YOU!

Kelly, it is good to meet you. I look forward to getting to know all of you better.

Ward, I am on day 6 of being binge free! Woo Hoo

I have to get busy now.....

MyChoice2bfit
01-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Hi. How's everyone doing. It's only Jan 6 and I'm tired of cold weather already...we are expecting our first major snow storm tomorrow.

I keep trying to tell myself to just use this time when our bodies are covered up to keep on the meal plan and exercise and then when it comes time for uncovering our bodies due to the warmer weather, I will be ready!

Ward & Tammy: What did you think of the BL? Have you picked a favorite team yet?

Tammy: So, you walk 5 miles a day..is that using the treadmill desk?

Ward: Yes the cards are with the Beck system and you are correct that it is does addresses the mental part of weight loss--that's where this all starts and ends for me.

Mindy: Where are you?

Kelly: So good to see you and I totally get throughing the bread away...I have had to do that before and I imagine I will again.

Welcome to teacampbell and sonicek! I'm looking forward to getting to know the both of you.

I will be at the Y tonight for a walk and weight training. I only walked last night...got there late but I did something!

mtiger
01-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Okay, I'm here!!! I am trying to do so much every night. I feel swamped. I am keeping up with my workouts....of course. Eating is on track. I'm still trying to figure out the calorie thing. With Kelly's idea (weight times 7) I should eat 1246. Another idea I heard was weightX13, then subtract 500. With that formula I get 1800. i think I'm going to shoot the middle and go for 1500 a day. Whatcha all think??

Welcome all newcomers. It is always great to have new people join us.

Susie- Keep telling us about your program and how it is going.

Ward- Keep up the training.

Kelly- I'll get you entered in the BL contest at work. We are starting a new round on the 21st. Hey, even payday Friday sounds promising at this point. ;):carrot:

WardHog
01-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Hey guys. Today I did 45 min on the elliptical and my weights. Eating is on plan.

See you tomorrow. Gotta go watch TBL; didn't get to see it last night.

ladyrider72472
01-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Well, I did not get to go to boot camp this AM so I did the BL cardio. It was okay..... but I am spoiled to our boot camp floor (it has springs to help with the impact). We are "snowed" in today. Funny.... we got around 1 inch (and all the people up north are rolling their eyes... lol) and the world stops down here for 1 inch. So, since we had no patients at work, we are staying home. My plan is to clean like a mad woman and not sit all day...... Like Mychoice said, we have to get ready for the summer bodies. So I am going to burn as many calories as I can today.

MyChoice, I don't have a favorite yet, persay. I do like the red team, although his comment of Ali being hot in front of his wife was rude.... I am not sure they are my favorite yet. I don't think she will have enough weight to lose to be able to stay in the competition. I mean, she is overweight, but she is up against some HUGE people. I also like the mother/son Italian team. I feel badly for him. Do you have a favorite?
I did walk 5 miles on the treadmill desk, but it is actually a Bowflex treadclimber locked in the treadmill position, and it hurts my knees (well it makes them ache and feel like they have a bottle of water behind them) so I try my best to walk the dog for a mile in the AM (weather is not permitting here lately) or I go to boot camp and use one of their treadmills to walk before class and after class, then I walk the rest out at work. The treadmills at boot camp are commercial quality and I can jog/run/walk with no weird feeling in my knees.

mtiger, I would stay in the middle. I think the 1800 is a little high.

Kelly- you did awesome throwing the bread away. I hate to waste, but I learned.... unless I want it on my waist.... it has to go! Especially during the winter/ holidays. It cannot sit in the house!

Teacampell and sonickel- how are you ladies doing?

I am day 7 binge free. It is helping me being on the binge free thread and also I bought a little pocket journal from Barnes and Noble and it helps me for accountability. I am determined even if I don't stay within my points, I am going to write down every bite!

Well, I am going to eat my boiled egg and get busy. I hope you ladies have a good day.

SCraver
01-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi! I am "new" here. I joined 3FC in Jan of '08. I was doing SO good with my weight loss. I was SO CERTAIN I would get down below 200 lbs. long before my b-day in August. By April/May, I was nearly down to 210... BUT in May of 2008, I ofund out I was expecting! :preg:

I was very happy, but it did not help with weight loss!

After my son was born last January, I lost most all of my weight pretty quick (I had a c-section and was in a lot of pain = no appetite). But around April or May, I think I started having a touch of post pardum depression. Depression is another thing that is no good for weight loss!!

Anywho, in September, I joined the gym at work and I have lost inches around my waist, arms, thighs, etc. :lifter: BUT I haven't lost any lbs. So, now I am cracking down on my nutrition.

I am going to dilligently track what I am eating. :hungry: And one of the trainers at the gym is going to meet with me weekly (starting next week) to go over my nutrition. (included in my membership!!) It will be SO awesome to have someone to be accountable to and who can help me on a one on one basis!

I KNOW for CERTAIN I will weigh less than 200 lbs for my next birthday in August (my 32nd b-day!).

Sorry... I have "talked" your guys' ears off! :soap:

Kelly530
01-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Hi everyone! I am doing well today with my eating, which is my biggest downfall. I am trying to stay to 1200 calories, and I am at 1035 right now. That will leave room for a 165 cal snack in a bit. YAY! I am exhausted now, because I have spent the last 5 hours driving, picking up kids, feeding kids, and shuttling everyone where they need to be. All in the middle of the biggest snowstorm we have had so far this year. Weight is still steady at 169. I am hoping to see 168.5 tomorrow. By the end of the month I would like to be back down to my lowest weight of 164. I will work hard and it will happen!!

Ward--Work, work, work, you are going to rock that triathlon!

Susie--How are you doing today? I think I am kind of partial to the green team on BL. I liked how they just got on those bikes and rocked it from the start. I also like the white team. That guys has a lot of obstacles, but I can't wait to see what he looks like at the end!

Mindy--How was working out today with your new best friend? (Mindy worked out with her ex-arch-enemy today!) Payday is creeping up tomorrow...spend wisely!

lady--you are right about rolling the eyes over the one inch of snow!:D I think we got about 3 or 4 today. School probably won't even be cancelled tomorrow. Rats. I am glad you did BL cardio today.. I love that one! I always notice my waist firming up when I do that one a lot.

SCraver--Welcome! Congrats on the new addition and your new determination to shed those extra pounds! You are at almost the same weight I was when I started, and trust me, you WILL be under 200 by your August birthday!! Do you have a workout partner or friend that can work out with you? How is the nutrition plan going? Let us know what kind of plan you are using...we always like to try new things!!

Hows it going Tecampbell and sonickel?

Talk to you girls tomorrow!

WardHog
01-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Hey guys!

Welcome, SCraver! Congratulations on the little one. Is he your only?

Kelly, we've got a little dusting of snow on the ground here in Atlanta, and chances are that school will be cancelled tomorrow. We just can't handle it!

Today I swam for about 25 min, went to Ride, and then did 35 min on the elliptical. I am loving the swimming, and I feel it in my muscles, too. Eating is on plan. My daughter has been complaining of a stomach ache tonight, so I may have her home tomorrow. If that's the case, no gym. :(

Keep up the good work, everyone!

mtiger
01-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Snow is still coming down here. My new workout buddy crapped out on me today. She wanted to get home because of the snow. My goodness!! How can you live in Michigan and be bothered by a few inches of snow???

I came home and did the BL Last Chance Workout. I feel I gave it my all. Last chance before weigh-in Monday.

Kelly- You are all signed up for our contest at work. Looks like my schedule is open Sat. My whole family has plans. Hopefully I can find something to do.

Susie- Keep it up girl.

Ward- Good job on the workout.

Scraver- you can do it and reach your birthday goal.

Lady- Your gym sounds great. Thanks for your input.

SCraver
01-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Kelly: Thanks for the welcome! My sister is a GREAT influence on me. She has joined a gym and works out with a personal trainer twice a week. I have been able to join them a couple times. Her and I have set up little goals for this month and next month to try and "beat" each other. And there is a trainer at my gym who has set up a strength training routine for me and she is going to meet with me once a week to go over my nutrition. I have a really great support network! I am mainly focusing on eating healthy and staying around 1,400 calories or so a day - balancing carbs, fat, protein and getting plenty of fiber!

Ward: Thank you for the welcome! My son is my only so far! He will be a year old in two weeks (where does the time go??) My husband and I plan to have a second (and final) child eventually! Do you have any children?

Mindy: Thank you, I am looking forward to being thin (ish) for my b-day!!

WardHog
01-08-2010, 08:52 AM
SCraver, we have two. My daughter is 7 and in second grade and my son is almost 6 and in kindergarten. Here's the photo we used for our holiday card:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9cf11b3127ccef8e8cbfe8beb00000030O08AYtGTNo3YtA e3nw8/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

SCraver
01-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Ward: Cute kids!!

Let's see if I can do this right and post a picture of my little one:
http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/scraver2003/Thanksgiving-2.jpg
This was him on Thanksgiving... he is already bigger (I have had to pack away that shirt - it is now too small!)

WardHog
01-08-2010, 10:01 AM
What a cutie! Look at those big blue eyes and long eyelashes!

MyChoice2bfit
01-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Hi Everyone: We had a lot of snow here yesterday--about 5 inches. It was sort of pretty. A lot of people stayed home from work. My work communte is 40 min on a good day and I still made it!

Due to the snow last night my TOPS group was cancelled. When school is closed they cancel it. I wanted to go because I wanted to get my official starting weight for the year...guess it will be next week.

I have been keeping up with my walking for exercise. I need to get back into my Beck program workbook..that is on the agenda today.

I will catch up on personals over the weekend. It's so good to see people posting...it helps build my motivation!

mtiger
01-09-2010, 07:18 PM
We got enough snow yesterday to have a snow day. I "enjoyed" it. I got all the Christmas stuff down. Got it all put away today, escept for outside stuff. I am still working on that.

178.2 today. Really!! Will I ever see a new number, something below 177??

MyChoice2bfit
01-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Hi--Looks like a quiet weekend for most of us. I usually have issues with food (binging) on the weekend because I'm out of my routine but I did a lot of self-talk this week and used the Beck cards when I felt like I might get out of control...and I have drank a lot of water. I don't usually drink anything but water but over the weekend every time I was hungry and it wasn't time to eat I drank a glass of water--it helped and I noticed I wasn't as tired as I feel sometimes on the weekends.

I didn't get my workout in today. We had to make a trip to the mall yesterday afternoon to do some Christmas returns and exchanges and therefore I didn't get my laundry and house cleaning done so I had to finish it today. In fact I have 2 more loads to do!

This week is going to be a bit stressful. Those of us who have been on this email string for awhile know that my company was sold to another company in October and that has been stressful. This week a lot of decisions will be made as to who is staying and who is going. I hope and pray that I am staying--I'm sure we all do! I have been interviewing and there are two jobs I'm waiting to hear from and I have a new interview on Tuesday. These are scary times. I worked for a HUGE consumer product company and I never thought I would be facing this.

So, I will really have to work on not eating for comfort this week.

How is everyone else doing? Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Mindy: YES, you will see a new number below 177; I remember when you couldn't see a number below 185! I know it will happen..you work to hard for it not to.

mtiger
01-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Susie- Good luck with everything. My thoughts are with you. It will be alright!!!

I am eating 1500 calories everyday this week to see what happens. Then I'll drop back down to 1200. This was a suggestion from someone and sounded good. Hope it works.

I did BL Last Chance workout with friend tonight. That one kicks my butt.

WardHog
01-11-2010, 07:48 PM
My goal is also 1500/day, Mindy. On days when I weight train, I go a little higher because I also add a protein drink.

Good luck, Susie! Keep that journaling going to beat the stress.

I binged on Friday, then got back on plan. Workouts have been good; weight training and elliptical on Friday, with HIIT on the treadmill; Ride class and elliptical on Sat.; stationary bike, 5k run and 1/2 mi swim on Sunday; weight training, elliptical and stationary bike today.

I also went to the dentist today and had a crown replaced. I absolutely hate the dentist. When they were finished, they told me there's another one that needs to be done. Please just kill me now.

WardHog
01-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Hmm ... Is this thing on?

Today I did a 30 min swim, 10 min (1 mi) run, Ride class, and 30 min on the elliptical. Eating is on plan.

Tomorrow's fun is another visit to the gyno. I'll try to get my workout in before.

I hope you are all well and can't be here because you're working out so hard. See you tomorrow.

SCraver
01-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Well... I wasn't too great this weekend... but apparently not too bad, either, since the scale went down. I had some wine, I had some beer, I ate some cheesy garlic bread and some candy. But I only had a little of each.

Monday was lunch out with co-workers. Sort of a belated holiday party. I asked the trainer at the gym what to get. I got the turkey burger sans dressing and cheese. Just lettuce, tomatoe, some sort of cranberry goo. It was very tasty... but it was the GREASIEST turkey burger I ever ate and I spent the after noonfeeling ill. The "steamed veggies" on the side were swimming in butter. Oh well.

I was not that great yesterday. And I haven't worked out since Friday. BUT I am back on track and I am going to the gym at lunch today.

OK, I am done rambling now! How is everyone else doing?

mtiger
01-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Ward- That is what I'm trying. It hasn't done anything yet. I am gonna stick with it for the rest of the week. I also went to the doc today. She suggested working out an hour a day and watching carbs. Really???

Bang my head against the wall.

MyChoice2bfit
01-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Hi Ladies: I have missed you all! I told you that it was going to be a stressful week and I was right. On Tuesday 35 of my co-workers and friends were let go. There were another 90 field sales people let go.

I was not let go. I think it's a good thing and then a bad thing as well. The bad is because once we are let go we can try and go back to the company that sold us (believe me...this is what we all want to do...it's a HUGE company and pays very well!), but we have to be let go without cause before we can try and do that. I guess I'll see if any or my former co-workers have success with it.

I have kept my eating well and I've walked every day for 30 min but that is it. We were told that the layoffs are over for a while (we are guessing until the end of March) so my plan between now and then is to use that time to get back to working hard at my weight-loss. That is my plan, work hard when I can and when I can't just maintain. It's better than dumping it all.

I didn't watch BL yet...I will watch it over the weekend. Tonight is my 1st TOPS meeting for the year so I will then have my offical number and can start taking the pounds off based on that number.

You will see me around more and I look forward to you all posting. It really helps to keep me motived when I read your posts and I also post!

ladyrider72472
01-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Ladies,

I have been MIA for a little bit. I see you are doing really well.

I have not binged..... but I am sooo hungry. I was last night and I am today also. I am writing my food down and being very careful to not binge, but I hope this passes soon!

mtiger
01-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Hitting my 1500 calories everyday. SOmetimes I am squuezing them in later at night, but I'm getting them. Working out everyday at school. It is a different mix of people everyday. Did 30 min. Cardio Max and then jogged for 15 min.

Tomorow is weigh-in. It would be nice to see 177, but I'm not holding my breath. Things just don't seem to be working.

Susie- At least you have a job. Sounds like craziness. Hang in there. Have fun at TOPS. Hey, walking is something. Good for you.

Lady hold that binge off. you can do it.

SCraver
01-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Hee hee hee... Had my girls over last night to gossip. I pulled out all the candy, chips, snacks, etc. that I got from Christmas and dumped it on the coffee table... they all had fun nibbling at the goodies. It got rid of most of that crap and I am so relieved. I just can't have little baggies of chips and junk in the house.

MyChoice2bfit
01-15-2010, 02:10 PM
Hi! I am so looking forward to the weekend; it will be a long one for me as we get Monday off. I am going to go to Walmart on Monday and find some workout DVD's to do at home. I'm looking for 30 min routines...any suggestions?

The scales were ugly last night but as I said before it is a starting number and I will go down from there.

I have ignored my Beck system for a couple of days so I'll get caught up on that.

Exercise should kick up this coming week; I don't have a lot to interfere with it.

Mindy: How did the scales look? I think it's a good idea to workout with different people...it keeps you working harder at least it does for me. When I'm with a new instructor I don't know where to cruise or if someone different is standing beside me working hard I can't let them outdo me!

SCraver: What a good idea to get get of the extra tempting goodies!

Ladyrider: Great plan for keeping that binge at bay!

I'll be around this weekend.

mtiger
01-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Did BL last chance workout last night...That's a good one Susie!! Walkd the mall for an hour today (about 5 miles). It is officially mid cycle so of course I'm up. 179.6. Can't seem to get anywhere these days. Crap!!!

Susie- I just bought Valerie Bertenelli's new DVD. Haven't done it yet. Anything Jillian is good. She kicks your butt.

WardHog
01-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi guys.

Susie, I am glad to hear you still have your job. I am sorry about your colleagues that were let go. That's tough.

Mindy, just keep waiting for that whoosh!

Hi Tammy. Good job avoiding the binge monster. I am doing the same.

Hi Scraver. You made me laugh.

I have forgotten when I updated last. Workouts have been good and eating is on plan. No movement on the scale, though. Trying to keep it together through the long week-end. We're having new carpet installed in our basement and having it painted as well. Stress, anyone?

MyChoice2bfit
01-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Hi-I'ma looking forward to going to the Y today for my workout. I will do 30 min on the treadmill and then free weights for upperbody and I hope I have time for lower body as well.

I'm doing well with my food this weekend. I'm such a "routine" person and when the routine is not in place I can get off track easy. I have not had a chance to get caught up on my Beck program but I will do that today and tomorrow. We are off tomorrow for the holiday and I can't wait to go and check out and buy a couple of workout DVD's. Thank you for the suggestions Mindy.

Ward: Just think how nice your basement will look when it is finished. It will be bright and cheery.

Mindy: Let me know what you think of your new DVD.

Looking forward to seeing posts from the new members as well and Kelly!

Kelly530
01-17-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm doing ok this week. Workouts have been good, but I still can't get my eating under control. I do great throughout the day, but then I get home and can't stop eating. It has been a stressful week at work, and I know that is contributing to it, but I need to learn how to stop soothing my stress with food. Next Thursday Mindy and I start a new BL contest at work. I know that will be good for me. I always do better when there is competition involved.

Susie--Any of the Biggest Loser DVD's are great. Like Mindy said, all the Jillian ones will kick your butt. I also like some of the 10 minute solution ones. We have done Kickbox Bootcamp quite a bit, and I really like it.

Scraver and ladyrider--Glad to see you are doing well. Good job getting the crap out of the house!

Mindy--That crazy body of yours...that's all I have to say about that.

Ward--Good luck on the stressful days. Don't stand in the pantry while the carpet is being installed!:lol:

mtiger
01-18-2010, 10:56 AM
180.2 today!! Really???? WTH????
Called my doc today to see if they would check hormone levels with my bloodwork. Nope!! Just thyroid she said. Someone want this body?? I'd trade.

Kelly530
01-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Mindy--It doesn't sound like your doc wants to listen to you. Maybe it is time to go doc shopping.

SCraver
01-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Kelly - You sound just like me. I do so good dring the day (mainly b/c I eat what I bring to work, so I can ONLY eat what I bring) but then in the evenings (and on the weekends) I like to "unwind" by eating, snacking, nibbling... I have been doing better, but it is hard. I started first by eating my healthy dinner and then popping a bag of light or 94% FF popcorn and nibbling on that. Then I slowly weaned myself off of the bag of popcorn. I distract myself with work, scrapbooking, cleaning my house - whatever!

Also, for a while there, I was eating an apple while I was driving home from work - that way when I got home, I wasn't starving. Hot Tea has been helping me curb my appetite in the evenings (and late afternoon!), too.

Sorry - not that you asked for advise - but I thought maybe something might help!

MyChoice2bfit
01-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Hi--I've been thinking of getting here everyday--as you can imagine with that many people being let go at my work, I have more to do now. But you know...we are all busy so I just need to find the time...make the time. I keep much more on track when I get here everyday.

I have been getting my workouts in everyday and that is helping me to feel better and stay on track. I did buy one of the BL workouts DVD. I"m going to try it this weekend. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Ward: How is the remodling going and how are you dealing with it?

Kelly: I do the same thing sometimes then I get it under control but then something that feels really stressful comes along and I'm looking for comfort from food--I'm trying to learn to ot do that usig the Breck system...but it is only as good if I use it. I have found that keeping blow-pop around helps me to not go overboard with food.

SCraver: I've done the apple thing on my way home as well and you know it really works well..thanks for that reminder.

LadyRider: We miss hearing from you.

Kelly530
01-20-2010, 10:54 PM
Susie and Scraver--Thanks for the tips! Anything to help move me away from the fridge and pantry is appreciated:D! Susie, how was your TOPS weigh in?

Ward--Hope the painting and carpeting hasn't driven you to the dark side.

Mindy--I know how you have been (sort of), but you haven't been here to post in a while. We all look forward to hearing from you.

Lady--hope things are well.

I am kicking butt this week. I am down about 2 pounds since Monday, and I am on target with my calories every day. Workouts are going strong every day. I feel like I am getting stronger, my clothes feel like they are looser, and I feel like my muffin tops are shrinking:lol:. Apparently my family thinks I am the weight loss guru because my cousin from Florida e-mailed me today asking for tips on how to lose weight. I told her everything I know, and told her to come join us on here! Hopefully she will find us and get some support for her journey!

Have a great Friday tomorrow everyone!

Angela78
01-21-2010, 12:49 PM
My name is Angela. I am just starting this latest weight loss journey and hoping it is the last. In starting, I called upon my cousin, Kelly for advice because she has done a great job in the last couple of years and I thought "If she could do it, so can I." So that is how I found out about 3 Fat Chicks and I am excited to proceed.
My starting weight is 226.5-UGH!!! My goal is to get to 150. I know it will be a long journey and am ready for the challenge. It's time to trade in the sweets and unhealthy snacks for healthy ones and get my butt and the rest of my body) moving.
I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you through this forum.

Kelly530
01-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Hey Angela! I am glad you found us! You can, and will do this! Coming here and posting every day helps keep you accountable. You have to tell everyone if you slip up, and that is good motivation not to slip up!

I'm doing pretty well today, girls. We had a half day of school so, of course, everyone wants to go out to lunch. We went to Red Lobster, and I had a piece of grilled chicken, a grilled shrimp skewer, and a small bed of rice. I thought it was a pretty good choice. Mindy and I went to dinner with a friend of ours tonight at Applebees (wow, what a day of eating out) and I got a steak that was on their Under 550 calorie menu. For eating out, I tried to make good choices. Scales were down to 167 today!!! Woo Hoo! My goal is 165 by the end of January, so I have another week. I think I can make it!

Hope everyone is doing well today!

mtiger
01-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Angela- HI!! I am Kelly's BFF. She just tole me at dinner (about 30 min. ago) that she told you about us. Welcome. It is very helpful. Come and talk, post as often as you can. It is helpful.

Kelly- Bite me!! You know I'm still stuck.

We brainstormed a bunch of ideas tonight at dinner. I'm seriously confused.
1. take a break
2. up cals
3. workout less
4. check out proportions of protein, carbs etc.
5. stop counting cals.

My head is spinning. Would someone just pleas tell me what will work and I will do it.

MyChoice2bfit
01-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Good morning Ladies. In the mornings I'm usually running around like a mad woman to get ready for work and picking up the house. This morning I thought to myself-that can all wait...I'm taking some me time.

I have a loss to report on the scales last night. It was a small one .75 lbs but a loss and I know that I worked for it. As you all know I want to loose 100 lbs this year but I really feel like it will be about 60--I just sort of know my body. So, instead of a poundage goal that I'm tracking this week I'm going to (at least for the next 3 months) just track if I had a loss each week. Really my goal for the year is that my TOPS weight tracker will have no red on it, just black. What I mean by that is that every week when we weigh-in if we loose or stay the same the number on the scales goes in black if we gain, it goes in red. I want a all black chart this year.

I am also happy with myself because this week I made all my workouts.
So, I feel positive going into the weekend and I'm going to use that to keep myself on track. Weekends can be hard for me because of the change in routine.

Kelly: Good to see you hear and to hear that you had a great week!

Mindy: I don't think you should take a break but maybe look at the percentage from where your calories are coming from and see if you have more protein than carbs..I read that is important.
I think when you and Kelly start the Biggest Loser Contest again it will help you get going at the rate you want to.

Angela--Very nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to this journey with you.

Ward, SCraver and Lady Rider: I'm looking forward to your post.

Remember, we are all here to celebrate when we loose and to comfort when we don't and to inspire to get back at it and keep going!

WardHog
01-22-2010, 06:54 AM
Good morning! I have made it through the carpet, painting, and mammogram. Workouts have been good and eating is on plan. Now to stick to it over the week-end!

Hi Angela! I am glad you found us, and I hope that you will stick around and post often. :)

jenn
01-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Hello, Everyone!

It has been several months since I have posted on this site. I started my own type of diet 7 months ago. I never weighed myself at the beginning. At my thinnest weight ever which was maybe 6 years ago I weighed 45 lbs. less than I do now. I feel thin right now...and thought I was only 10 lbs. away from my origninal "thin weight". I am so disgusted this morning. I'm sorry that I ever stepped on the scale. :(

mtiger
01-22-2010, 04:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After much research and soul searching I am going to try upping my cals to 1600-1700/day. Looking at many different BMI calculators, my BMI falls anywhere from 1500 to 2000. They say you should stick close to your maintanence number and the exercise will do the trick. What have I got to lose?? If I start gaining rapidly I'll know it's too much, right?? Worth a shot I guess.

Susie- I just read last night... 60%carbs, 25%protein and 15% fat. Good job on making the workouts.

Ward- Great for keeping on track.

Jenn- We have all been there.

Kelly- Just noticed you posted right before me. Keep truckin girl. Thanks for the shoulder to cry on.

MyChoice2bfit
01-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Hi-I'm up early this morning. We have a funeral to attend. A very good friend of mine lost her mother this week and the funeral is today. When I get home from that I plan on a nap....and then cleaning the house and watching my new workouts DVD's to see what one I want to do tomorrow. I take Saturday's off from working out...I figure the 2 hours of house cleaning are worth something!

Yesterday was a very tough day at work for me (again), more layoffs...watching my friends go. I'm thankful for a job but I really want to find one where I feel safe and they are in the hiring mode instead of letting people go. I had a thought this morning as I was paying my bills and I thought that at least I have a job and don't have to worry about paying my bills and the Serinity prayer came to my mind, you know the part that says to change the things I cans, to accept what I can not change and the wisdom to know the difference? Well...I really see that applying to my work situation and to my weight-loss situation. I will do what I can when I can and when I can't I will accept it.

Mindy: All you have to loose is the weight you want to. I'm proud of you for researching and soul searching and trying out what you found out. We are right here with you...all the way!

Ward: Look at you...no binging and on track all throught those things you couldn't control or change...you did what you could and that was not letting yourself binge and going to work out. I'd say you are right on track.

Jenn: The scales can make us feel so badly. :hug: But you know what? If you don't like what they say, YOU can change them. Join us in our journies to change that number on the scales.

Ok..I've got to go get dressed. Have a great Saturday everyone!

Angela78
01-23-2010, 12:08 PM
First, thnks ladies for the lovely welcome!
Okay, I didn't make it on here yesterday, but I think it was a productive day. I went shopping and got a BL Workout DVD and a Hungry Girl Recipe book, as well as lots of great healthy foods. I've been keeping to my calorie counts each day (actually below)based on the 7x your weight. I'm not completely sure what else to keep track of? Counting fat, carbs, protein and where they should be, but I'm sure I'll keep learning more as I go.
I've lost 4 lbs. since starting Monday, just by being more aware of what, how much, and how often I eat, so I'm happy with that as a start.
Tonight will be a test because it is our monthly girls card night and there is always a ton of food-snacks, dinner, and dessert. I'm preparing though by having some fresh fruits and veggies, and I'll have a small portion of lasagna, make a salad, and stay away from the bread, and for dessert I made myself some fat-free, sugar-free pudding. It's not a perfect solution, but I think it's the best I can do for now.
Keep up the good work everyone!
Until tomorrow...
Angela

Kelly530
01-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Hi girls. So, Mindy jinxed me. After going down on the scale last week, I am right back up to where I started last weekend. Granted, I went out to eat way too much over the course of 3 days, but I thought I was making healthy choices. Oh well, I guess I just start again tomorrow, because I will not give up!!!

Mindy--I hope the new plan we talked about goes well. Something has got to give!!!

Angela--Awesome job on the 4 pound loss this week! I knew you could do it! Are your mom and dad supportive of you? Did you try the BL workout? Which one did you get?

Susie--Just keep on getting back on track. Don't let food be your comfort during these stressful times. I know you can do it!!

Ward--Awesome job keeping on plan through the chaos. When is your triathlon?

Jenn--Welcome! Don't be afraid of the scale. Let it be your starting place, and it can only go down from there! We are glad you are joining us!

Scraver and Ladyrider--What has been going on with the two of you?

See you all tomorrow!

mtiger
01-24-2010, 03:54 PM
While doing my research I went to the bookstore today also. Looked at flat belly, 1600 cals a day. Another diet said weight times 2100, to maintain. then subtract 200 if you want to lose 25-50 pounds. Lots of different info, but the one thing they had in common is higher calories.

I plan on sticking to 1600-1700 a day for at least a month and see what happens. One diet also said weight times 10, that would be 1800. Why can't there just be a simple, concrete answer. I could deal with that.

180.2 today. Walked the mall for 45 min.

Angela78
01-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Well, I thought I was being pretty good last night, but getting on the scale this morning proved not so good. I gained 2.5 lbs. But, Im just starting so I'm not going to get upset about it, just getback on track.
I've been looking over lots of recipes and picking out some good ones to try. It seems I've got lots of great go-to snacks and breakfasts are good. It's dinners with the family that are tough. I might just have to make my own separate meals, like I did this morning. While everyone else had scrambled eggs and bacon, I made an egg white omelet with low fat mozz. and mushrooms. I will not give up or give in!
Tomorrow I try out my new dvd-Last Chance Workout, and hopefully Wii is fixed soon so I can get back to the Active Workouts. Also, A neighbor stopped by to order some Avon and she was looking for a working partner, so I'm psyched to get my butt moving!
I looked back at last years thread to get to know everyone better and I will start writing personal notes soon.
That's all for now.
Angela

WardHog
01-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Ugh. Something funky showed up on my mammogram so I have to go back again on Wed. I am alternately freaking out and convincing myself that it's nothing. It has happened to me before, and it was nothing. Sometimes it's no fun being a girl.

Eating and exercise are still on track.

Angela78
01-25-2010, 06:51 PM
I did the Last Chance Workout DVD today and made good food choices. I also made it through my first week of this journey! :)

mtiger
01-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Angela- One day at a time. One postitive choice at a time. They all add up.

Ward- Good luck. I am in the proecess of scheduling mine right no.

Day 5 at 1660-1700 cals. Still 180.2. Never did get back to the 177's this month. Must stick with it. Did Valerie Berinelli DVD tonight. It was rather lame so threw in about 20 min. of walk/jogging with some sprints.

Kelly530
01-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Yeah, Mindy, I have to agree...Valerie Bertinelli DVD was pretty lame. Maybe the second section is better. It is definitely not up to the same fitness level we are used to. Still up a bit on the scale today. 169. Ate great, though, and hopefully tomorrow it will show.

Ward- I am so sorry to hear about the mammogram. Stay positive. I have also had weird stuff show up and it turns out to be nothing, too. I'll be thinking about you.

Angela--Good for you for doing last chance workout. It is a tough one! Congrats for making it through this first week! I am glad you found a workout partner--I couldn't have done it without my workout partner: Mindy!!

See everyone tomorrow!!

MyChoice2bfit
01-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Complete and total "off the wagon" for the past two days....I will not give up and I'm see the wagon circling around for me and I'm jumping back on.

I packed my workout bag and will be in the 5:30 Total Body Conditioning class at the Y tonight.

Ward: Fingers crossed for a good report on the mammogram--I would be freaking out too so I understand.

Mindy: It is confusing all those different formulas...you do wonder which one is right. But like you said they all indicate a higher calorie count than you were doing so it's a place to start and see what turns out right for your body.

Kelly: How are you doing now? Tell me more about the Valerie Bertinelli DVD. I thought about buying it but it doesn't sound like a good one?

Angela: Good job on week one!

Angela78
01-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Took a 30 min. walk last night-hopefully the start of a nightly routine. Did a workout on the Wii today. Keeping my calories down, maybe even too low, but I leave room for dinner, because I'm still working on finding some good recipes to incorporate.

Ward: Sorry about the mammogram. Hope it turns out to be nothing.

Mindy: Hang in there, and don't drive yourself crazy with all the research.

Kelly: Love you and thanks for inviting me to join here. I think it's really helping.

Susie: Just catch that wagon and hop back on!

Thanks, ladies!
Angela

MyChoice2bfit
01-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Hi Ladies: I'm back on the wagon and part of staying on is posting everyday, so here I am. ;)

It's been 1 day (yesterday) since I binged and ate for comfort. That is what I need to overcome. I do great with exercise and water and even counting calories but when I need comfort I will eat/binge and I need to break that habit. That is what my Breck program is about and I just need to work the program...I am back to it.

Watching the Biggest Loser last night I totally saw me in the Green Team...the daughter...who doesn't cry. I rarely cry...because when I do, I don't stop easily..so I just don't let it start. Well like the daughter instead of letting it out in tears, I push it back down with food. I really saw myself in her and from now on...I'm going to cry when I feel like it, scream when I feel like it, laugh when I feel like it. I'm going to quit denying myself feelings and deny the food instead. Does that make sense to anyone but me?

WardHog
01-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Susie, good job getting back on the wagon. We're with you, girl!

Way to go on your first week, Angela. :carrot:

All clear on the mammo today. :) Thanks for the good thoughts.

Technosexual
01-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Hi, January buddies!

I've been going up and down in my weight for years, but, hey, it's 2010!

I gave myself a break during the holidays of 2009, and subsequently gained a bunch of weight.

I told myself, "2010 is it. I'm sick of this. Come January, I am going to DO IT."

I also promised myself I would start on the 1st, but, it just didn't happen. I was very unmotivated at the time.

I actually had to buy myself a pair of "fat pants" to go to my boyfriend's late Christmas work party. ( It was at the beginning of the month, don't remember the date. ) They're size 18. I can't even remember the last time I had to purchase a pair of size 18 pants, which is why I didn't have any in the first place, I guess. All of my normal jeans were getting tight, uncomfortable, and causing some major muffin top. I was pretty livid with myself, and shopping was depressing. I ended up buying a pair of jeans, a halter top, and a 3/4 sleeved top to wear over that. I guess I bought myself a whole new "fat outfit." Ugh.

Well, come January 25th, Monday, I made myself start caring.

I've been doing low carbohydrate/low calorie eating. I've already lost a few pounds.

It's only been a few days since I started, so, I'm still super motivated.

I tend to run out of steam after a few weeks, though, and I think that this forum, and all of you lovely people will help me to get through that!

So, here's to 2010. The year that I will lose this weight! I am excited!

And, to everyone who's on this journey with me, congrats! We're going to do it! :hug:

Kelly530
01-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Well, ladies, after essentially gaining back everything I lost last week due to weekend eating out, I am now back down where I was last week. My goal to get back to 165 by the end of January is in sight. Today I am 166.5. Tomorrow is the first weigh in for the BL contest at school. This time there are cash prizes to the top three winners each week. I don't think I will be one of them this week, though. We have a lot of people who tend to binge for a while before the contest starts and then drop a bunch of weight the first week. I am not willing to do that (on purpose:lol:).

Mindy--Howz the high calorie stuff today?

Ward--Awesome news on the mammogram!:carrot:

Angela--Love you, too, girl! I am so glad you have joined us and I am so proud of you for taking this challenge on!!

Susie--I am glad you are back on the wagon. I know the comfort eating all too well. You can kick this bad habit!

Techno--Welcome! I am sorry to hear about the "fat outfit". I still have my fat outfit in my dresser drawer and I try it on every now and then just to remind myself how far I have come. Each time I marvel at the fact that I was ever big enough to fit in it! I'm glad you have decided to make the change!

See everyone tomorrow!

Technosexual
01-28-2010, 07:35 AM
Well, ladies, after essentially gaining back everything I lost last week due to weekend eating out, I am now back down where I was last week.

Techno--Welcome! I am sorry to hear about the "fat outfit". I still have my fat outfit in my dresser drawer and I try it on every now and then just to remind myself how far I have come. Each time I marvel at the fact that I was ever big enough to fit in it! I'm glad you have decided to make the change!

Ugh, don't you just hate that? I can't stand how easily one can gain weight over such a short amount of time, as opposed to how long it takes to lose any. I swear, just one weekend can make you want to crawl under a rock and die.

LOL, I sound much more depressing about it than you do, however. I guess it's not a super huge deal when you're already so close to your goal weight. You go! :hug:

Thank you for the welcome. You made me laugh about the whole "fat outfit", so, thanks for that, too! :D

MyChoice2bfit
01-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi Ladies: I'm just finishing up my lunch and meeting a co-worker to walk the building for 30 min. I'm trying to do this every day in addition to my Y workouts or my home workouts.

I walked on the track at the Y last night for 30 min and I also did the hour yoga class.

I won't be going to TOPS tonight; I am in the Easter drama/program at church and we have choir practice tonight. I only have one other Thursday that it will interfere with TOPS and that isn't until April.

Techno: Welcome! I promise if you come here every day we won't let you loose your motivation..and we are looking for the motivation from you too, so I'm looking forward to your posting every day. I'm happy to hear that you have already lost some weight--that helps the motivation! Tell me a little more about making yourself "care". What did you do to get yourself started?

Ward: That's great news!

Kelly: Good luck on the weigh-in.

Technosexual
01-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Techno: Welcome! I promise if you come here every day we won't let you loose your motivation..and we are looking for the motivation from you too, so I'm looking forward to your posting every day. I'm happy to hear that you have already lost some weight--that helps the motivation! Tell me a little more about making yourself "care". What did you do to get yourself started?

Thank you for the welcome! I will indeed be checking this particular thread as often as I can, and I know how good everyone here is about being supportive, so, yay!

Well, like I said, I had wanted to start all of this at the beginning of January, but, I was still enjoying being a total and complete piggy from the holidays. I just didn't feel ready. I wasn't motivated. I wanted to just keep eating whatever I wanted.

I kind of unofficially started a week before; Just cutting back on my eating, and drinking a lot of water, and buying a bunch of fruit. I was still eating badly, though. ( TV dinners with the boyfriend. Ugh. Still drinking regular soda here and there. )

But, I put my foot down on the 25th, and I've been on the ball since then. I just had to make myself do it. And, I have to make myself keep doing it! :carrot:

By the way, you sound like you're doing really well, making yourself walk, and exercise! You rock!

Ooh, I also just went back and read that you're doing yoga! I really want to start learning yoga. Probably not in class, though. I think I'm going to start out by following some beginner videos on YouTube, and then going on to probably purchasing a DVD! :D

SCraver
01-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Hi guys! Sorry I disappeared. I was trying a new diet this past weekend. I call it "stomach-bug-from-son's-daycare". You get to lose 6 lbs in only one day! I started getting sick Saturday and only just yesterday I am starting to get back to normal.

I will read everyone's posts later when I have a moment to get caught up! I just wanted to peek in and say hi!

Technosexual
01-28-2010, 08:26 PM
I was trying a new diet this past weekend. I call it "stomach-bug-from-son's-daycare". You get to lose 6 lbs in only one day!

LOL, hope you're feeling better!

Angela78
01-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Hello Ladies,
Down 2 lbs. this morning! :) Still working on the calorie intake-too low (1200 or less). Suppose be close to 1600. Should I let it go since I'm losing or keep trying to get it a little higher so I don't burn out?

No workout yesterday, unless 2 hours at Super Target counts :?: Worked 4 hours with my Mom today (cleaning condo), which I figure counts for something because it really tires me out. Not giving up, though! Gotta keep working on that.

Until tomorrow....
Angela

Kelly530
01-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Scraver--I laughed so hard when I read about your new "diet"! I remember all too well having the same thing last April for about a week. Although, the 7 pounds I lost was from dehydration and I had to be hooked up to IV fluids. Unfortunately, all 7 pounds came
back:(. I am sending healthier vibes your way!!

Angela--If I were you, I would up the calories a bit and see what happens. At this point, I don't think you should be much under 1400, or else your body will think you are starving and start storing fat. It may hurt your metabolism, too. Besides, once you hit a plateau, you won't have any room to reduce your calories if you are already down around 1200. Congrats on the 2 pound loss!

Susie--Good job on the workouts. You are becoming the workout queen!

Techno--I'm glad you're here! You are cracking me up! How was your eating today?

Mindy and Ward--Hope everything is going well.

As for me, I went to my weigh in at work, and somehow lost 2 pounds. The scales at home had me thinking I would stay the same. The nurse who runs the show told me I had to lose 7 pounds this week to win. I just laughed hysterically and said, "Well, that's never going to happen!" See, I told you those other women would lose big the first week. Watch, they will all gain it back next week. It was kind of funny afterward, because Mindy and I had a conversation about how people are now commenting that "It must be getting really hard for you to lose since you have lost so much", and "Gosh, you don't have anything left to lose!" When I was big, I always thought people who were 150 or 160 lbs didn't have anything to complain about, but now I am close to that and I get it. Just because the number on the scale says 150 or 160, I may still feel fat. Especially if I haven't been working out and I'm not toned up. Does that make sense? I guess we can all be unhappy with our weight no matter what size we are. Ok, a book later....see everyone tomorrow!

mtiger
01-28-2010, 10:00 PM
HHMM!! Geting harder to lose weight. How about...impossible to lose weight. That's where I'm at right now. Still getting a good 1600 clories a day, sometimes closer to 1700. I am currently gaining, waiting for TOM. Who knows what post TOM will hold. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Right now life is on my last nerve. It just seems everything is going wrong, everything is depressing, everything sucks. Sorry for being such a downer. I just can't see the silver lining right now. My son blew up his car (guess it should have oil in it) having financial strains, some personal relationships suck right now. I just want to run from my problems but know I can't. Life has got to get better.

Technosexual
01-28-2010, 11:07 PM
mtiger - :hug: Things will get better!

Angela78 - Grats on the 2 lbs! How are you feeling at 1,200? That's what I'd be judging it on, personally. If you feel okay, I don't see a problem.

Kelly530 - Doing good! Still on track! Also grats to you on the 2 lbs.!

I'm feeling just a little bummed, as I lost 4 pounds between Monday and Tuesday, and nothing else since. Blah. I'm holding out, though, and hoping that it's just my body going, "What the ****, man?!" LOL. We'll see. Actually, that was when I stepped on the scale this evening. I think I also stepped on it for a second this morning, and it was at 224? I can't really remember, though! Must have been too early! LOL!

My birthday is coming up on the 4th, and my dad has already been bugging me about what we're doing. At first he asked if I wanted to go to the Texas Corral, a restaurant, and I was kind of iffy about it. I said, "Well, I could have a steak..." But, it didn't sound very exciting. I hate going to restaurants, being surrounded by all of that food I can't have, and watching everyone else eating it! LOL. Also, I didn't want to get the whole staff singing at me if my dad felt the need to tell them it was my birthday, and he loves doing that type of thing. Then, I'd also be battling that free piece of cake. No thanks! Well, today he called, and asked if we'd all come over for an early birthday dinner on Sunday. Guess what my step mom is making us all? A turkey! LOL! Which is totally cool with me, I can nom on some turkey, and everyone else can eat all of the other stuff with it. I also asked if he'd pick me up a thing of Diet Coke, and he laughed, and asked if I could have some rum, too. Of course I can have some rum! LOL! So, problem solved, so far. Of course, there's also going to be the traditional birthday party at my grandma's house. She's big on cooking, so, I don't know how that's going to go. The usual birthday party food for her to make is sloppy joes with chips and dip, or someone will order a couple of pizzas. And, of course, she makes my favorite chocolate zucchini cake. Once again, no thanks. Not going there. I appreciate her making it, and I know she's going to whether I ask her to, or not, so, whatever. All of that food will be enjoyed by everyone else. LOL. Maybe I will ask her to make me a steak. My grandma is the worst out of all of my relatives about pushing food. "You're not going to eat anything?!" "Please, have a plate!" Etc. LOL. Bless her heart. Well, I got the same thing from my step mom, earlier, too, she was having my dad ask me about cake, and when I said, "No cake for me!", she had him ask, "Not even a little piece?!" LOL, I said, "No, I can't." He-he-he. Funny stuff.

Whoo, wall of text, hello!

mtiger
01-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Nothing really to report since yesterday. 180.8 today, still waiting on TOM. I am hoping I can drop a little afterwards. Come on already.

DId last chance workout tonight. Think I will walk the mall tomorrow.

Angela78
01-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Happy Saturday everyone,
Not much to say- Weight is back up. 2 culprits: TOM and not working out. :( Anyway, got to get back to the workouts. This coming week should be much better, no TOM and I AM going to exercise!
Got my calories up to the 15-1600, but mostly bc dinners I was just using portion control instead of making a healthier alternative for myself. So, food is still a work in progress, but I'll get it.
Until tomorrow....
Angela

Kelly530
01-30-2010, 12:29 PM
It must run in the family, Angela, because food is always the culprit for me!

I made my goal to be back down to 165 by the end of January. Yesterday I was 165.5 (I'll discount the .5!), then.....today, back to 167. What the heck?? Oh well, I will keep on working. I know I fluctuate a bit from day to day, anyway.

See you all...

MyChoice2bfit
01-30-2010, 07:46 PM
:hug:Hi Ladies,
It looks like everyone is working their plan...that is the only way we will get to our goals....got to have a plan and work it.

I went and got my hair done this morning...cut, colored, highlighted...feel TONS better!

This afternoon was cleaning house. I'm finished except for the kitchen, will finish it tomorrow.

The food has been good yesterday and today. I didn't workout today. I give myself Saturday's off. I plan on getting up 1/2 hr earlier tomorrow than I usually do on Sunday's so that I can do my Walk-away-the-Pounds DVD workout. I like to go to the Y on Sunday afternoons but I tomorrow I need to sit down and reply to some help wanted ads so I will get that workout in first thing.

My biggest sucess right now is that I have not eaten for comfort for 2 days since Thursday. I was reading Techno's post where she said she decided to just get with it. That's what I did on Thursday, I told myself that I was making the decision I would not eat for comfort. My biggest help with the right now if a Blow-pop sucker, if after I journal about what is happening that makes me what to turn to food for comfort, or calling a friend to talk about it I still feel like I need something, I will have a Blow-pop.

Mindy: I hate that you are going through a rough time right now and I can feel your frustration with the numbers on the scale. :hug:

Kelly: Great attitude! and congrats on the weight-loss you showed for the BIL contest.

Angela: Good job on the portion control. Small changes show on the scales and you make them lifetime habits.

Techno: 4 ls is a good loss...and you have to let your body catch up and adjust...keep working your plan and the weight will come off.

SCarver: Sorry to hear you were sick...we are glad to have you back with us.

Ward: Where are you? Come inspire us with your workout reports! How are you doing with the training for the race?

WardHog
01-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Susie, good job hopping right back on the wagon. :carrot:

Angela, you're doing great. I read somewhere that losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise.

Kelly, I have no doubt you will meet that 165 goal. You're just getting closer and closer to your final goal. How will you celebrate when you get there?

Glad you are feeling better, SCraver.

Techno, I hope you can stay strong on your birthday. It's hard when everyone's shoving food at you.

And Mindy, :hug: I hope the tough times pass soon.

I have made it 22 straight days on plan and I'm feeling really good! Jeans are fitting, stomach is flatter, upper body is looking cut! Workouts are good and I am still loving the swimming. The tri I want to do is in June and I am a bit worried about the biking part. If it ever warms up, I will be out there training.

Tomorrow I will be tempted at an all-day birthday thing. I plan to JUST SAY NO! I don't want to wake up tomorrow with any regrets.

Angela78
01-31-2010, 01:56 PM
Ladies,
Update: Weight-down 2 lbs. YAY! :carrot: Food: Not bad.
Last night we went to dinner with friends-Steak 'N Shake. While everyone ate burgers and fries and 3 had milkshakes, I ate my Apple Walnut Salad with fat-free Rasp. Vin. and water. Not sure what the actual calorie count was, but I'm sure it was well within range and I was proud of myself. Then I woke up this morning and found Mom had made Belgian Waffles (one of my faves), but I bypassed them and made low sugar oatmeal and had a banana. :cb:
I looked up Calorie-count.com and it said I should eat 1315 cals. a day, so I'm going to aim for that and see what happens.

Kelly-I think you may be right, but why is it just the 2 of us? It's not fair. :( Congrats on your January goal. I am sure you will be at your final goal when I see you in July!!! I am shooting for the 190s at that time.

Mindy- I know you're frustrated, but you can do it.

Techno- Welcome, I am new to this, too. (2 weeks) So, we're all in this together. :hug:

SCraver- I'm glad you're feeling better.

Susie-Good job on avoiding the comfort eating. I applaud you on that one! :cp:

Ward- Thanks for the info on the 80%/20%. I hope the B-day party went well.

Until tomorrow....
Angela

MyChoice2bfit
01-31-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi Ladies-So my plan this morning was to get up and get that workout in. I didn't do it in the morning but I just finished it. My hubby did it with me and do you know what he said "You are in better shape than I am", he does not have a weight problem but he does need to get more fit.

I did my WATP dvd and then the Biggest Loser 10 min abs (that is what killed him!) I felt my enegry level come up and I'm feeling good about myself.

Is anyone watching the Grammy's tonight? I can't wait! I'm watching the Red Carpet....so glamorus! It reminds me that I have two summer weddings in June that I am attending and I have a couple of dresses I would like to wear to them...got to work hard now to get there then!

Ward: Upper body looking cut..YOU GO GIRL! :cp: Also I love what you said "I don't want to have any regrets in the morning" that is going in my journal and will become my mantra. I hope you don't mind me borrowing it.

Angela: Congrats on the loss!

Mindy, Kelly, SCarver, Techno: I hope you have all enjoyed your Sunday and I'm looking forward to seeing your posts.

Technosexual
01-31-2010, 11:50 PM
Hey! I just came in to see what's poppin'! It looks like everyone is doing great! :hug: Keep up the good work!

I wanted to let you all know that I did great this weekend. I'm very proud of myself. -Pats self on back-

I didn't budge an inch, and it was very hard with the boyfriend around, I absolutely love having meals with him.

I even cooked tacos for the household, and broiled my own chicken while doing so. It didn't exactly come out at the same time, but, I still enjoyed sitting with everyone while they ate.

My early birthday party at my dad's was today, and I did great there, too. No one pestered me to eat any of the extras. Not even a piece of cake. It was great.

That's about all, nothing too exciting. :D

MyChoice2bfit
02-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi!

I had the day from **** yesterday and I didn't get off work until 7:00 p.m. so I didn't make it to the gym. That will not happen tonight..I have my workout bag with me and I'm leaving at 4:30 to make my 5:30 class!

I'll be watching Biggest Loser tonight..is anyone else. You know how on that show they will tell you to chew gum if you are having an issue with a craving...well..it works..I did this about 10 a.m today and after 15 min the craving went away and I could deal with it.

It's lunch time and I'm eating my healthy lunch (boiled potatoes, green beans, beets, cottage cheese and grapes)--for those of you who don't know it, I'm a vegitarian.

Have a good day everyone!

Techno: I'm proud of you too!

Kelly530
02-02-2010, 07:38 PM
I am kind of depressed about by current weight today. I can't seem to lose anything this week, and I know I am very close to my goal weight, but it is still frustrating! I am the kind that if I don't get immediate results I give up and eat. I, however, did not give in to the temptation of eating everything in sight, because I am determined. I just can't seem to lose unless I eat less than 1200 calories per day, and work out every day. In my life, that just doesn't always work. So, I will press on, doing everything I can when I can.

See you all tomorrow!

mtiger
02-03-2010, 06:23 PM
I haven't been here in ages it seems. TOM was 5 days late....YIKES!!! It brought about 5 pounds with it...183.8. I am frustrated as **** and don't know what to say. I am still eating 1600 cals/day. I promised to try it for an entire month. All I can think to do now is up workout time. Maybe I need a min. of 45-60 min/day. I just seriously don't know what to do.

SCraver
02-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Angela - THAT IS AWESOME! I know how hard it is to bypass the "bad" stuff and eat something healthy! And you did it not once, but twice!! :bravo:

Susie - It sounds like your work outs are going well!

Techno - It sounds like you are doing amazing, too! My mom likes to say that eating with friends and family is about enjoying each others company - and not about over eating. I always feel extra good when I can eat healthfully around friends and family without over-indulging!

Kelly - I have heard it is the last little bit that it hardest to lose (I plan to find out first hand!) How about trying to up your fiber intake? The nutritionist I saw said fiber is great for weight loss. More veggies?

Mindy - I think TOM is the worst. There are times when I feel like I could each and each and never feel full. And even when I do eat right, I think it is nearly impossible to lose weight for those 4 (give or take) days. This, too shall pass (only to come again next month! Lol!)

I am doing good... I lost a few lbs with the stomach bug and managed not to gain all of them back. I am down to 222. I had my fat % measured at the gym yesterday and that is down 1.2% from November. (whoo hoo! It is going in the right direction) and the trainer at the gym has given me new exercises to do for the next six weeks. She gave me 6 this time instead of 8. And wants me to focus on getting in all three sets. I am going to be in my sister's weddig in October and I am hoping to be down to 210 b/f I need to buy my dress. Then, when the time comes, I am hoping to have to have the dress taken in another size! We shall see!!

Eating is on track. I need to focus harder on getting in more veggies. I have been sticking to the right calories - but I have been eating crap like Lean Pockets a little more than a should. I am going to go to Big Y tomorrow and stock up on chicken. It is buy 1 get 2 free. (with bones) then I am going to use the bones to do my own chicken broth and make my own soups! (whoo hoo - no MSG!)

Angela78
02-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Hey ladies,
I know, I haven't written in a few days. Not much to say, I guess. I've been going up and down a pound or two. I was at 222 this morning. It would be nice to get out of the 220s. I've been having knee pains for a couple of days, which is weird, since I haven't really been working out. I don't know if I should try to work through it or wait until it goes away.
I found a BL Quick Start Program last night and for $5, I had to get it. It came with a journal full of food and exercise info plus lots of workbook pages to fill in, a meal and exercise planner, 30 minute workout mix CD, recipe book, and a measuring tape. I'm anxious to start using it. I found it at Big Lots, so those beginners like me, if you have one nearby, you might want to check for it.
Anyway, everyone keep up the good work and have a great day!
Until tomorrow....
Angela

MyChoice2bfit
02-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Hi Ladies,
I had a great workout last night. I walked on the track for 30 min and then I did an hour of yoga with my favorite instructor. I always feel so much better after yoga.

I finally got to watch the end of BL last night. I found it interesting that John wasn't doing well until he found the type of workout that worked for him. It was interesting to me because I thought to myself, how many times have I (and others) pushed ourselfs into a "one size fits all" weight-loss plan. We truly do need to look at this as a journey, one where we keep moving down the road toward or destination and be open to detours and different routes to get there.

I will have to do personals later but I wanted to stop in and give and get a little motivation. You all are the BEST!

SCraver
02-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Hi Ladies,
I thought to myself, how many times have I (and others) pushed ourselfs into a "one size fits all" weight-loss plan. We truly do need to look at this as a journey, one where we keep moving down the road toward or destination and be open to detours and different routes to get there.

YES! Yes! YES! I always found, if I was trying a new "diet" where I had to go out and buy "weird" foods I don't normally eat or do exercises that are torture... it wasn't something I would stick with. Don't get me wrong - trying new foods is good - but you have to eat things that you like, that you are going to cook, that are easy to buy, etc. You have to do exercises that at least make you feel good when you are done with them.

I sat with the trainer at the gym to go over my nutrition one day and she gave me a hard time about my serving of goldfish (yes, I counted out all 55 of them). She said they are sinple carbs and to think of them like candy. Well... I like my 55 goldfish on occassion (along with a string cheese or cottage cheese for protein). And I know I can fit 55 goldfish into my calroies/carbs for the day if I want them and still lose weight...

BUT those 180/190 calorie frosted sugar cookies that BJ's and Stop & Shop carries... I know I CAN'T eat those. I CAN'T easily fit them into my calorie/carb range for the day... And I am OK skipping out on those. (Like I did this past weekend)

I think it is all about trial and error - figuring out what works and what doesn't work for you.

mtiger
02-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Scraver- I have resumed reading Jillian's book and she says there are certain things we must eliminate from our diets. #1- partially hydrogenated oils. That sucks. It is in everything. Probably your goldfish, my teddy grahams (boo hoo), granola bars, crackers, chips, just about everything. I am going to hunt today while shopping for alternatives without the junk in it.

#2 on her list- High fructose corn syrup. Again... it's in everything. I think I am going to takle #1 first, then when I get "stronger", try #2. It means really giving up some things we really love. And those cookies....around here they are called lofthouse, sugar cookies with icing. LOVE THEM!!! They are definetely a once in a while treat.

Went to a work party last night. I didn't eat dinner so I had room to munch. Didn't eat that much actually. I made up for it with drinks and shots. It was fun. Scale went from 183.6 to 181.2. HHMM!!! Should I do that more often? Probably not. It is just the TOM 5 pounds leaving my body.

MyChoice2bfit
02-08-2010, 06:59 AM
Hello--I have been out of commison for a few days. I caught that stomach bug....started feeling badly on Saturday morning and by 5:00 p.m. I was in the ER. I had been getting sick about every 30 minutes and couldn't keep anything down.

I felt better yesterday but slept a lot--I am staying home from work today to give myself one more day to recover. I really haven't eaten much of anything yet and smells are very strong to me. Also, my husband woke up around 4 this morning and it looks like he has the same thing! As sick as I was I know I wouldn't have wanted to be home alone and so I'm stayning home to be with him as well.

Just wanted to pop in and see what all was going on.

Mindy: You amaze me at how you keep looking and working for your solution to get you to your goals...never give up...you will get there!

SCraver: I think the gold fish are a GREAT choice over those sugar cookies!

SCraver
02-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Mindy - yup... I have been trying to cut out the partially hydrogenated oils (along with the hydrogenated oils... also known as trans fats). It is suprising how much stuff has them in it.
I have also been working on getting the HFCS out of my diet. (stonyfield and chobani yogarts are best for yogart) It's in everything from sodas to soups.

I have just started on MSG and trying to get that out of my diet... I made my own chicken stock this weekend... Lol! It was my first attempt. Next time I will either use double the chicken parts or half the water. It came out pretty lame. (At least there's no MSG!) I am hoping once I use it to make soup and add veggies, etc. it will be fine? I guess I am used to the sodium over load from the canned stuff.

Susie: that REALLY stinks about the stomach bug. There is nothing I hate more than being naseous.

Saturday night I decided to replace my lunch and dinner with Spring time Oreos and Cheddar Pretzel Combos. It was a tasty dinner and I didn't feel guilty at all. I just needed a bit of a break to be bad, but now I am back to being "good". I cooked a bunch of chicken yesterday and I will divide it up and freeze it in meals to grab when I don't have time to cook. (Making my own frozen dinners!) Better than Lean pockets, Lean Cuisines and frozen pizzas!!

Yesterday, I went to a friends house for the SuperBowl. We had Steak, Sweet Potatoes and Broccolli for dinner and a small portion of dessert. Healthiest SuperBowl EVER. It was great!

Angela78
02-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Hey Ladies,
Sorry I haven't been on in a few days. It's been a little crazy. My brother has been in town, so we've been eating out and having big family dinners. Friday was Red Robin (Gourmet Burgers) for dinner, Saturday was the local Seafood Festival, Sunday, Super Bowl Party, and tonight is his last meal at home-a big turkey dinner. I have been a little lax on keeping track of everything, because some were just too hard to figure out, but I've been pretty good about portion control and my weight hasn't changed much, luckily. It just goes back and forth between 220 and 222. I was afraid I would gain everything back. That didn't happen, so I can't complain. Just have to get back on the wagon tomorrow.
As for everyone else, I don't see a lot of posts this week, so maybe everyone's in the same boat? Well, good luck to everyone and I'll "talk" to you soon.
Angela

MyChoice2bfit
02-09-2010, 07:38 PM
I don't think it is every going to stop snowing! I'm tired of winter...but complaining about it won't change it.

I went to work today. It was a very quiet day. Most people were out because we had 8 inches of snow overnight (on top of 8 inches that happened on Friday) we are to get another 4-5 tonight.

I shoveled snow for an hour when I came home. DH usually shovels it but he is just getting over from being sick. I don't plan on shoveling again. It sent me into an IC (Intersistial Cysitis) flare! I'm in a lot of pain right now and trying to get it calmed down. It will be gentle walks for me the rest of the week.

My food is light--don't feel like eating much of anything right now except jello and soup.

Angela: Yes, get back on the wagon right now! Don't wait one more day!
SCarver: I'm impressed with your Super Bowl party menu! Great job!
Where is everyone?

Kelly530
02-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Well, ladies, the name of my workouts the last two days is...snow shoveling. Last night when I got home from work I shoveled for about 45 minutes, then it snowed all last night, we had a snow day from school :carrot:, and I shoveled again today for about 2 hours. My arms are kind of jello-ey right now.

Sorry I have been MIA for so long. My daughter was in a hockey tournament last weekend so we were out of town (they won by the way!!) and my husband and I had to go to court Monday, so my routine has been all wacky. Through all the "out of routine" days, my weight has stayed the same, thankfully. This week I am kicking off a new diet plan, thanks to the advice of all of you here. I am going to kick up the fiber in my diet, eat more fruits and veggies, and just try to eat more whole, raw foods, instead of all the boxed and processed junk. For now, I am trying to find meals I like, so I have put aside the calorie counting for a while. Eventually I will probably have to get back to it, but for now, I am going to focus on eating things that are as healthy as possible.

I hope everyone is not giving up. I hope you are all just busy. Don't stop posting!!! Most experts say this is the time of year that most people give up on their New Year's Resolutions. Don't be one of those people! Don't let this year pass you by! I know I am not.

mtiger
02-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Kelly- You know I'm not giving up. I am shedding the TOM weight this week. YAY!!! 178 this morning. Hoping for 177 something tomorrow for weigh-in at school.

I was getting ready to workout tonight when my DD came in and we had a sick horse. Bad bellyache that could kill a horse. We walked her for about an hour until we got poop. She seems to be feeling better now. Then I did Shred level 2 for 30 min. Think I got in a good workout tonight.

SCraver
02-11-2010, 04:18 PM
My friend, Rick, and I have decided to do some 5K's together. So, I need to get my @$$ movin' on the treadmill and outside (once it stops snowing!). I just did 5k on the treadmill in 42:06 mins. I don't think that is too shabby for a fat chick! And I will only get better with practice!

That is all.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

mtiger
02-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Looks like everyone has taken a break from posting.

Friday was a good weigh-in, 176.4. Yesterday I went up to 177.2, today 177.4. Not bad, but I still like the 176's better. I am trying to get back there. I won 2nd place in our school contest, because I lost about 6 pounds in a week. Man that TOM gain just kills me.

Went to a huge mall in Novi, MI yesterday. Bought the cutest white pleather jacket. Can't wait to wear it. Plan on enjoying the rest of my 3 day weekend. Hope everyone is doing well.

MyChoice2bfit
02-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Hi Ladies--It seems that most of use have been MIA for a bit. I don't know about you all but the cold and snow has me down a bit.

I"m trying to get those workouts in but it's hard. I have my DVD's to use at home for those nights when I don't feel like going back out to the Y but I'm not as consistant with the workouts as I like to be. It's really strange because I really do like to workout so I'm not sure why I am not motivated right now.

Mindy: Way to go with that weight-loss!

SCarver: I think having something to train for provides a lot of incentive. Keep up the training.

Kelly: I too have been shoveling a lot of snow. It's snowing here again in Ohio so more shoveling.

I'll see you all tomorrow.

MyChoice2bfit
02-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Hello-I dug myself out and made it to work. The roads were in pretty good shape.

I'm having the best salad for lunch. We have a cafeteria where I work and you can make your own salad; I made one with dark greens, spinich, beets, peas, carrots, mushrooms, peppers and egg. I have a low-fat blue cheese dressing and I'm enjoying all of it!

I am going to do my WATP video tonight at home and then sit down to watch BL for inspiration!

How's everyone else doing?

mtiger
02-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Weight has crept back up over the last few days, 179.8. Dang!!! Did Jillian's kickboxing today, always a killer. Nothing much else to report.

Angela78
02-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey Ladies,
I know, I've been horrible about posting. I'm sorry! I haven't felt like I've had anything to say. My weight had stayed the same for about a week and then yesterday it went up a pound. I was excited today when it was down 3 from yesterday!! I hit the 1 month mark for this journey on Monday and not seeing much change had me feeling a little down, but I'm getting back up. I've been finding out that changing everything in my diet won't work for me, but I am consciously making better choices: smaller portions, more fruits and veggies, more water. That's all I can do right now. The exercise is still my big hurdle. I just can't seem to find the motivation, but I will. I HAVE TO!! Or else, this will never work. I really have no excuses. I have workout videos, and games(Wii) and thankfully, I don't have snowstorms like most of you.
Anyway, I'm back and plan to check in more often.
Angela

mtiger
02-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Just hanging around 178-179 these days. YUCK!! I am at the point where I hate those numbers. Not working out today. I have pulled or strained my hamstring. Working out is supposed to be good for you, right?? All I seem to be doing is hurting myself lately.

MyChoice2bfit
02-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Hi-I have good news to report on the scale front--I showed a 3 lb loss at TOPS last week. That is over 2 weeks (we didn't have meetings due to the snow) but I'm happy with that number. Finally I'm seeing some progress at the scales. :carrot:

Most of you know that there is a lot going on in my workplace and the pressure and stress keep building--I'm working hard to find a way to manage it and get my life back in balance no matter what is going on around me. The first thing I'm doing is saying "No" to a lot of things...no to overeating to start with, no to I can't do this or I can't go there or I can't take on another project, no I can't change my workout time...you get the drift. I am such a pleaser and I say yes way to much...I decided I'm going to be 45 in June and it's time I learned to say no and still like myself.

I actually feel better about myself since I've said no to some things..it gives me room to say yes to those things I really want to and I'm noticing that my mind is clearer, I don't feel so overwhelmed and I'm a better friend, wife and Aunt because of it. Someone commented that I'm smiling a lot more these past 2 weeks....I still have the same situation but I'm dealing with it differently...the way I want to deal with it and it feels good!

Mindy: Good idea to rest that hamstring. Exercise is good for us but not if we overtrain. I wish the scales would move for you....have you thought about talking to a trainer and getting an idea of what your heartrate should be when exercising to burn fat? My former manager trains for triathalons and I know he trackes his training by his heart rate. It's something to think about.

Angela: It's always nice to read others posts and I find when I post daily I stay on track better. I am having issues with getting into a workout routine as well. Let's try to encourge each other in that area.
When I was in a routine that I liked, I worked out Sun, M, T, W, TH, Sat (light exercise that day). I give myself Friday's off. How many days do you want to work out a week?

Ward, SCraver, Kelly--Were are you guys? We miss you!

MyChoice2bfit
02-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Good morning everyone. I hope you are all having a great weekend. I have spent a lot of my weekend decluttering and trying to get my home office in order.

I always seem to be more in control of my food choices and my workouts when I have things in order.

My workout today will be the 2 mile WATP dvd and the ab workout on my Biggest Loster Viedo.

Looking forward to reading everyone's post.

MyChoice2bfit
02-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Hi Gang! Where is everyone? :?:

I'm just checking in. Tonight I will be at the Y and do a 45 min walk on the track of the treadmill and then do some upper-body weight training.

I am retaining water for some reason--no longer have "that time of the month" but I do have my ovaries so maybe I am going through it anyway? I'm trying to drink a lot of water so that I can push the retention out..and also watch my salt intake. Maybe I can sweat it out during my workout?

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone here soon!

Kelly530
02-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Looks like the name of the game again today is ..... shoveling. Can't seem to get "life" to go away and let me focus on workouts. I need to get my consistent schedule back so I am in routine. Pretty much just maintaining now.

mtiger
02-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Susie- Good job on the loss.
Kelly- You and me both girl!!

ANother snow day for us and lots of shoveling. Everytime I turn around something has gone haywire around here. I am getting tired of problems. My son's car, the water for our house, now the borrowed vehicle has a flat tire and my daughter needs a root canal. Seriously!!!! And I can't seem to lose a pound to save my life. I just feel TIRED.

Angela78
02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Hey ladies,
Still hanging around 219. I did a vendor event on Sat. and for some reason my right knee was aching terribly Sun. until yesterday. I guess from standing and leaning on one side. (Hard to explain, but basically to make room for people to pass, I had to squeeze btwn tables and shift my weight to the right, in heels). It was a weird setup in a hallway. Anyway, it just shows how out of shape I must be and I need to get it together. I don't know why it's so hard to move, but I am making a plan to work out.I'm thinking maybe use the videos Mon, Wed, Fri and walk the other days to start. Then, when it gets warmer use the pool and add in other things as I get more comfortable.

I'm so sorry you are all having to deal with the snow. :snow4: Although I'm sure shoveling is a great workout, it can also be depressing.

Kelly, Mindy: I'm sorry you both seem to have hit a plateau. I wish I knew the answers for you. :?: Hang in there!!

Susie: Thanks for the encouragement. I think you have a point about posting be helpful. That's why we're all here and I was doing better in the beginning, when I posted more often. I'm going to work on that.

Where are Ward and SCraver???

Angela

MyChoice2bfit
02-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Hi--Man have I been in a "poor pitful me mood" and I'm not sure that I'm out it yet...I'm trying to though. I should have gone and worked out last night but I just stayed home and moped around.

I am going to workout tonight for sure--walk and then yoga..hopefully it will get rid of the rest of this mood.

I'm just feeling out of sorts because life isn't going the way I want it to and I feel in limbo...then I think well if I'm in limbo I'll just not do anything...I can't think that way.

Angela: I think your plan sounds good and don't forget to ice your knee when finished with the workout. I have seen them do that on the BL--I was wondering how some of those peoples could even walk after some of those workouts--I think ice is the key.

Mindy: It seems like you have a lot coming at you right now. :hug: You can come here and vent, cry..whatever...I know you will start loosing again but right now your body just wants you to practice maintenance. Maybe you should focus on measurements instead of a number on the scale? I'm sure with all those workouts you have lost inches like you can't believe!

Kelly: I'm a routine person as well so I understand.

Ward and Scraver: WE MISS YOU!!

SCraver
02-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Sorry! I am here! I have been busy at work and I don't have time to tinker on my computer at home. My one-year old has been a little bear in the evenings. Tonight I have to give him a bath and I am NOT looking forward to it. I wonder if I get in the tub with him if that will make it better?

My weight is still heading in the right direction. Not as fast as I would like, but I would have to be better about eating veggies to lose faster. Oh well. I am just glad that my clothes are fitting better and despite some events I have been too, I have still been losing.

I went downstairs to the gym today (we have a gym in my building at work) and I got undresses - go to pull my work-out clothes out of my locker, only to discover I have NO sports bra and NO T-shirt. BOO!

A friend of mine and I are going to try to run some 5ks this spring/summer, so that is keeping me motivated to keep getting on the treadmill! I can't wait until the weather gets better. The weather has been CRAPTASTIC since yesterday morning. Slushy snow all over my lawn and car this morning. Messy, messy, messy. Once it clears up, I am going to try to jog outside once a week.

Ok - done rambling for today. If anyone ever wants to chit chat via email - please PM me and I will send you my email address.

SCraver
02-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Hi--Man have I been in a "poor pitful me mood" and I'm not sure that I'm out it yet...I'm trying to though. I should have gone and worked out last night but I just stayed home and moped around.

I am going to workout tonight for sure--walk and then yoga..hopefully it will get rid of the rest of this mood.

I'm just feeling out of sorts because life isn't going the way I want it to and I feel in limbo...then I think well if I'm in limbo I'll just not do anything...I can't think that way.

I think sometimes we all just need a bit of time to feel less than happy. I think it is OK to stop, say "ok, I will be in a mood for X amount of time and then I will shake it off" I also think it is that time of the year. The weather sucks, it's still cold. I am ready for tulips and crocuses.

Keep plugging away at things, and you will feel back to yourself soon!

SCraver
02-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Kelly & Mindy: two years ago, I bought my Subaru Forrester jsut so I wouldn't have to shovel anymore! WHOO HOO! But we have no garage, so I still have to clean my car off when it snows... or like today when it is less snow, more SLOP.

WardHog
02-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Susie, :hug:

Hi you guys! I am sorry I haven't been posting, but I am reading and thinking of you all. Things are going ok here, just a lot of craziness lately. I hope it will calm down soon.

MyChoice2bfit
02-25-2010, 12:15 PM
We have snow again this morning...not a lot..but still...snow! I only like snow in December!!:snowglo:

Tonight is my weigh-in. I think I might have lost a little or be the same but you just never know when you step on those scales. :goodscale I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I enjoyed my workout at the Y last night and work up in a much better mood this morning. I knew I would feel better if I just went and worked out but it can take a lot to get there where one is feeling like I did.

I'm about to go down to the cafeteria and make me a salad for lunch. I really want pizza..but no way! not even 1 slice on weigh-in day!

SCraver: I have given my 1 yr old nieces baths before and I might as well just got in with them as wet as I was when I was done! That stinks you didn't have your workout wear with you--I have done that before myself.

Ward: Sorry to hear that things have been crazy for you :hyper::crazy:
I hope when you say you have been ok it means that you are on track with the workouts and the food...no binging...ok?

It's great to see Ward and SCraver back here...looking forward to seeing everyone again tomorrow.

Stay strong today!

mtiger
02-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Well after hanging between 180 and 181 for at least a week, yesterday and today I am 179 something. Go figure. Tom is coming, probably within a week, but who knows after last month. I am SO TIRED of gaining 5 pounds at TOM time. I wish it wouldn't happen again. PLEASE!!!! Especially since I am 179.4 today, add 5 pounds and BAM!!! 184, YIKES!!!

Ward- Good to see you are just plugging along.

Susie- Good luck at the weigh-in. Mine is tomorrow.

Angela- Get a good workout in. You will feel better.

Scraver- Have fun with those 5k's. I have done about 4 now. It is a sense of pride and accomplishment.

Kelly- You and me. Stuck together, but not forever. We will figure something out.

Angela78
02-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Hey Ladies,
Just stopping in for a quick note, but I'll be back:
217 today-Yay! .5 more and I will have lost 10 lbs!
Lunch is made and ready to go for tomorrow-salad and yogurt. I'm going to a CROP (scrapbooking) at a friend's house from 10-2:30, so I need to bring a lunch.
Welcome back Ward and SCraver! It's good to see you again.

MyChoice2bfit
02-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Remember I said you never know at the scales..well..I had a .25 lb gain. That happens to me sometimes when I start back exercising, so I'll not fret over it yet..it should all balance out next week.

Mindy: I will wish with you!
Angela: This time next week I bet you will be telling us that .5 lb is gone!

I'll be around this weekend and I hope you all are too!

SCraver
02-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Happy Friday everyone!

I just ate a Healthy Choice Café Steamer for lunch... and, dang, was it tasty! No MSG, HFCS, or Trans Fat and I think it was way tastier than any Lean Cuisine. Looks like they may be a good option for me to grab when I am too tired/lazy to cook. They could stand to have more veggies in them... I guess I could always add some cooked veggies to them.

Tomorrow I am hosting a girls night. There will be about 12 of us! I am so pleased with how many girls can make it. We are going to have a LOT of food and drinks. I am going to try to stick to mostly shrimp cocktail and cucumber cups. But the drinks will kill me... they always do! Then the desserts! Oh my sweet tooth! My goal is to just not make a pig of myself and instead focus on enjoying my friends company! Then I will run it all off on Sunday! :woops:

mtiger
02-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Scraver- those steamers are really good. I have tried a few of them.

Susie- Not bad on the scales. You keep it up.

I am hoping TOM is coming soon. Hopefully before I gain anymore weight. I was 180.2 today and hoping to stay around there until TOM. PLEASE!!!!! Can I finally catch a small break.

Went to the mall and tried to spend some $$$ on clothes. Couldn't find a thing. DANG!!!

MyChoice2bfit
03-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Good morning--I'm at work and I need a break. We moved down a floor and now I'm unpacking...it will take all day--and now I sit right beside my manager who keeps TONS of candy at her desk--I'm just going to try and ignore it...NO--I WILL ignore it.

I'm looking forward to going to the gym tonight for a 30-45 min walk..I think it will relax me.

Mindy: Sorry you couldn't find anything to buy--I have had that happend...when you have $$ you can't find anything.

SCraver: How did the party go?

MyChoice2bfit
03-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Hi Everyone!
So yesterday I spent all of my workday unpacking--we moved down a floor in our building. I was BEAT by the time I left and this morning I can feel every muscle in my body.

This tells me that I need to make it to the gym more consistantly and start upping my workout level.

I'm going to start with the consistency. I have only been getting in about 2 workouts per week and so starting tonight I will make it at least 5 times per week. After a few weeks of that I will start upping the workout level.

How is everyone else doing?

mtiger
03-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Okay girls, here it is. Jillian says to lose fat we need to increase our human growth hormone. HOW???You might ask. High intensity workouts. That means cardio kickbox or lastchance workout nearly everyday. Then throw in a few days of strength training. You all got it??? :)

TOM should arrive tomorrow, right on schedule I hope. I was 181.2 today. That's a few pounds less than last month pre-TOM. I hope that is a good sign.

Angela78
03-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Ok, it's late, but I had to share that I was 215.5 today!! That's 11 pounds lost. I have all of you to thank because without your support, I'm sure I wouldn't be sticking with it. I still need to do the workouts, and I will, but I am happy with the losses.
It was great to see BL back on the air tonight, huh? WOW!! Crazy as always.

Susie- I know how you feel. It's frustrating when your muscles get a workout you didn't really intend on giving them doing something you wouldn't think would hurt?

Mindy- TOM-ugh. I will be there soon, myself. It's just dreadful for so many reasons. Good luck with the weight loss.

SCraver- How was the girls' night? I have a small group of friends that gets together every month, if possible, and it's tough because of all the food. I've had 2 since I started this journey and they are tough, but I think I've handled the temptations fairly well so far. I hope I can continue and so can you.
Well, off to bed. Talk to you tomorrow.
Angela

SCraver
03-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Hola!

Girls night went SOOOo well. All the girls had fun! I nibbled all evening (instead of stuffing my face like I usually do). I never felt "stuffed" at any point - this was a HUGE improvement on my part. I did, however, drink a lot of Sparkling Raspberry Martinis. YUM! Then on Sunday, I had left over baked crab ranggons for lunch and more for dinner. (BAD, SHERRI!) :nono: Yesterday, I threw away the last four cupcakes and last three sugar cookies. They had to go. They weren't helping me.

I did go for a jog outside! Aprox. 4 miles (it is VERY hilly) and I did it in 57 minutes. I think that was a presonal best! :encore:

I have to be better about eating more veggies. There are veggies out there that I really like... but sometimes at the end of the day, I am just TOO tired to whip up a gormet meal and instead, just shove a lean pocket in the toaster oven. :shrug:

SCraver
03-03-2010, 12:33 PM
I had to share that I was 215.5 today!! That's 11 pounds lost.

:bravo:

For girls night, I really just ttried to only nibble on some things. I tried to stick with a lot of veggies (I made these cucumber cups with tomatoes & eggplant in them). Alcohol is a killer. Alcohol packs in the calories, increases your appetite and does things to your body that make it harder to lose - so if you can stay away from it on girly evenings - you are WAY ahead of me.

SCraver
03-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Hi Everyone!
So yesterday I spent all of my workday unpacking--we moved down a floor in our building. I was BEAT by the time I left and this morning I can feel every muscle in my body.

I can jog a mile in 12 minutes pretty comfortably... but climbing up and down stairs is like torture to me. I think it has a lot to do with what we are used to. Moving around constantly, unpacking, lifting boxes, and going up and down stairs is probably not something you do everyday - so I wouldn't take it as a sign that you are necessarily "out of shape". Moving is a LOT of work! I told hubby if/when we ever move out of our house, we are going to have to save up for movers b/c I ain't doin' it!!! Lol!

MyChoice2bfit
03-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi--I am happy with myself--I have made it to the Y to do my workouts 2 days in a row this week! and you know...it's amazing at how much more energy I am having...just from moving a little more every day. Remind me of this when I tell you I am tired..tell me to get moving!

Mindy: Thanks for that info....it's something to work towards for sure!

Angela: WOW! 11 lbs...don't you feel so much better? Good work..keep it up!!

SCraver: Since you put it that way...I will count Monday as a workout! BTW I LOVE Sparkling Raspberry Martinis!

mtiger
03-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Okay, so TOM arrived and I was at 180. Not 183.8 like last month. I am hoping this is a good sign. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Tomorrow is my official weigh-in. Since it is still TOM, I know it will be up some still.

MyChoice2bfit
03-05-2010, 01:52 PM
I stayed the same at my weigh-in last night. I was ok with that..because I had gotten into the habit last week of having 2 peppermint patties at 10:45 a.m.--it was like clock work I tell ya!

So, I am happy with myself for making my workouts...I got 4 in last week...I'm going for 5 for this week. (I guess I think my weeks go Fri-Fri--at least my weight-loss weeks do!)

Mindy: I hope the weigh-in goes well and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the lower TOM weight is a sign of good things to come with the numbers on the scales.

mtiger
03-05-2010, 05:39 PM
179.8 today. I've seen that number a million times. Hoping for something lower once TOM passes through. Did some walking/jogging tonight. That was different. Wish me luck.

Susie- Step away from the peppermint patties.

Angela78
03-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Mindy- I feel for you! TOM is coming any day now for me. I was back up at 216 today. I'm sure my wight will be high for the next week, but hopefully will go back down after that. Fingers crossed for you. :crossed:

Susie- I know those temptations are horrible. I admit I let myself give in every once in a while, like with the girl scout cookies. I just have like 2 and then walk away. I just can't make myself say no to everything sweet. I just have come the conclusion that my self-control is much better than before and I'll strive to do better and better. But, don't make it an everyday habit. :dust:
SCraver- I'm glad the girls night was successful. It sounds like you made a conscious effort to make good food choices. :cp: Yes, alcohol can ruin all your hard work. Luckily, my girls group doesn't really drink. One of the things I like is just diet cranberry juice (only 5 cals) and club soda or raspberry seltzer. I know it sounds kind of boring, but it's pretty good and better than indulging in vodka/cranberry or other alcoholic bevs.

Angela

MyChoice2bfit
03-07-2010, 08:45 PM
What a beautiful weekend! It feels like spring and the week is promising more of that type of weather. I am hoping to be able to take a few walks outside this week.

I totally unplugged from things this weekend. I turned the BB off and stayed of the computer much of the time. It was so nice to take a break from all that stuff.

MyChoice2bfit
03-08-2010, 02:46 PM
It is BEAUTIFUL here today. I'm making sure that I'm out of the office on time and when I get home, I'm taking a walk in the neighborhood.:running:

What is everyone else up to?

mtiger
03-08-2010, 07:18 PM
I wanted to jog after work, but we had a staff meeting that took.......forever. Tomorrow I have some meetings and should be done early. I am jogging....outside.

Enjoy this nice weather. You know March is a tricky one.

MyChoice2bfit
03-09-2010, 08:43 AM
My walk last night was great! It felt so good to be outside. Tonight's workout is Zumba.

Food is going good. I have someone who comes in to cook for me 2 nights a week and last night she made a tortilla soup--broth based with corn and chilies in it..very good and harty..I brought that for lunch with a apple and a sugar free vanillia pudding.

Mindy: I hope you get outside today for a jog.

How is everyone else doing? Hope to see your posts today!

SCraver
03-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Yesterday, I did my 4 mile route in 53 - 54 minutes. BEST TIME EVER. I was thrilled... now today, I am just SO tired. My sister says maybe I should jsut do 2 miles and slowly work up to 4 as it gets easier to continuously jog (I jog a while, walk a minutes, jog a while, walk, etc.). I told her that idea was crap. Which, of course, it isn't, but I like doing my 4 mile route... so I am going to keep doing and eventually I won't feel SO tired the next day!!

Yesterday, I also signed up for my first 5k... it is in June.

I need to be better with the eating though. I have been eating too much in the evenings.

MyChoice2bfit
03-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Good morning. I"m getting new furniture delivered today. I was/am apprehensive about buying new furniture but my other was 18 years old and my husband broke the couch abuot 2 weeks ago so it was time.

I just didn't want to spend the money right now with things so unsure about my job but you just can't put your life on hold forever and you have to have furniture!

So I'm working from home today. I got up early so I could clean my area rugs..I cleaned them out on the front porch and they are drying over the railing...my DH called me a hilly billy! I have wood floors and it was time to mop them again so I thought while everything was out of the living/dinning room I would just do a through cleaning.

I had the best yoga class last night! It always refreshes me.

Tonight is my weigh-in. I'm hoping for a good number. I really need to get at this harder than I have been if I want to see some weight really move...and I do!!

SCraver: You really ROCKED that 4 miles! Let your body rest and catch up with you today...do a light workout.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone one else.

SCraver
03-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Susie - yoga is great! I actually signed up for a Thursday yoga class that I have been skipping to jog instead, but today, I think I am going to take it. My legs are sore from jogging and my arms are sore from my strength training yesterday, so I think the yoga will do me some good!!

I WAS jsut about to eat a frozen pizza last night for dinner when I stopped and re-thought my priorities. I want to lose 5 more lbs before buying my dress for my sisters wedding. It's in October, and I think we are going to be ordering dresses SOON, so now is not the time to slack off!! I also couldn't sit and eat pizza in front of my 13 mo. old son while he ate his broccoli. SO, I opted for broccoli, talapia, and a glass of red wine! Whoo hoo!!

mtiger
03-11-2010, 07:24 PM
I was 178.2 today. Not my lowest, but getting close. Don't know if I will see a new low at this rate. Did Cardio Max tonight and a little jogging. I'm giving it all I've got. My official weigh-in is tomorrow.

Susie- Good luck with that scale.

Scraver- Do what your body tells you. IOf you feel like pushing a little bit...do it. If you feel tired....take it easy. Our bodies will tell us what they need. We just need to listen.

WardHog
03-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Hey y'all! :wave:

Three more days of my BL contest and I am truly giving it my all. In the beginning it didn't seem possible for me to win, and I really didn't care. We started out with 17 people and each of us pledged $10. But as time has gone on, people have dropped out, and I have been leading the pack. So now that the time is so near, I want to WIN! My iPod disappeared last week and that money would make me feel a lot less guilty about replacing it. I have been working out like crazy and eating on plan 64 out of the last 67 days and I am finally under 130 again. I know I haven't been checking in here much, but I do read every day and I am following everyone's progress. Keep up the good work!

MyChoice2bfit
03-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Hi--I did not have good luck at the scales. I had a gain. I was shocked because I felt like I had lost. It has thrown me for a bit of a loop but I'm working through it and almost ready to try again.

I think I"m struggling because I can't stay focused and I feel like so much is going on around me that I can't give this the energy I know it needs to have in order for me to be successfull. But then again, I know I don't have the energy to go through another year weighing what I do now.

Mindy: I'm happy to see the scales are getting back to where you want them.

Ward: 64 days on track! That is huge....congratulations. I didn't realize you are in a BL contest but it's great to hear that you are winning. I hope you do so that you can replace that Ipod guilt free...but you now you have to have one...who could workout with one?!
BTW I like your profile picture...did one of your children draw that for you?

SCraver: Did you make it to yoga?

mtiger
03-14-2010, 02:56 PM
177.8 today....still not my lowest. Looks like no loss for me again this month. This really sucks. I'm gonna try something. Keeping it a secret for now to till I see if it works or not. SOmething has to.

Susie- Wish I could give you my willpower, if that's all you need. I have plenty of that. Unfortunately, it is doing me no good. Stick with it.

Angela78
03-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Hey ladies,
Sorry, I've not been keeping you posted again. I haven't weighed myself in a week. I figured with TOM, it wouldn't really be worth it. But I am getting back on the scales tomorrow. I haven't really been keeping track of my food, but still making pretty good choices, in my opinion, especially with the emotions I've been going through. My grandfather lost his 2 year battle with cancer today and it's been tough, but I am not going to let that be an excuse to let myself go.
On the good news side, I have noticed a difference with some of my clothes. Some pants that were tight are not and some that fit are now loose. So that's a good thing. I took measurements in the beginning and might check them again soon. This week it will be 2 months since I started, so maybe I'll check, just out of curiosity.
Well, it's been a long day and now that I've vented a little, I'm going to try and get some rest. I'll be sure to check in this week and more often.
Good luck all,
Angela

WardHog
03-15-2010, 06:36 AM
I am sorry for your loss, Angela. :hug:

Angela78
03-15-2010, 07:34 PM
I got back on the scales today-213!

Ward-Thanks, I appreciate it.
Susie- I know how you feel. Sometimes, you just want to give in and give up, but like you said, you can't go on where you are either, so just keep our eye on the prize (better health) and hang in there.
Mindy-Hang in there, too! I hope your secret plan works for you.

Angela

mtiger
03-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Just teetering around the 178 mark. Did Shred with Kelly today, about 25 min. Used #8 weights and they killed my arms. GOt home and got some news that pissed me off, so I took off from my house and started running. By the time I had worn my frustration down I had run 1.5 miles. Go ahead!!! Piss me off again. LOL!!!

MyChoice2bfit
03-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Happy St. Patty's day! :luck2you:

I've been dealing with a lot at work but things are coming to some sort of closure and that is a very good thing. There could be scary times ahead and but I plan on doing what I can do to keep that to a minimum and I know what I want and couldn't go after it before and shortly I will be able to. So that's a good thing.

I have been totally off plan but I'm ready to get back on now.

Mindy: I am so proud of you for turning to exercise and not food...you have become a totally different person....and it looks so good on you! I know the scales bring you down sometime but you have to think about all the other good things that have happened to you from losing this weight and not just that number on the scale.

It was good to hear about Kelly--I hope she will come back to see us. (hint, hint!)

Angela: I am sorry to hear the news about your grandfather--my deepest sympathy to you and your family!

I am glad to see that 213 for you! Keep it up.

Ok..back to work for me. See you all later.

BTW: Did anyone watch Biggest Loser last night? I am so bad remembering peoples names, but didn't she look amazing last night?

Angela78
03-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day!! :goldpot:

212.5 today. I had some scrambled eggbeaters (dyed green, of course) w/a little ham and a wheat sandwich thin toasted for bfast and some progresso light soup for lunch. I've been eating a lot of soups for lunch lately. Then fish sticks, rice and salad for dinner-ok, but not great choices. I made rainbow cupcakes for St. Patty's day and do plan on having just 1 with fat free whipped cream tonight. I'm giving most of them away to the 2 neighbor kids, so that I don't eat them, but I love to bake. Did anyone else eat anything "festive" today?
I've still been losing, but I know I need to get back to actually keeping track of the counts, before I fall off the wagon.

Susie: Thanks for the condolences and yes, I saw some of BL last night. I was going back and forth with American Idol, but saw that the other Mom went home (Sherry?) Did I read that right at the end? She's 138 lbs. now??? WOW! I can't wait to see her, and everyone else, at the finale.

Mindy: I'm glad you were able to work out with Kelly.

Angela

mtiger
03-17-2010, 08:02 PM
I want to be Sherry. **** yes!! 138 pounds. If only. 177.6 today, again, still, always, really.

Beautiful day to get outside for a workout. We did 20 min. of arms first, then walk/jogged. I jogged 1 1/4 and walked 1/2 miles. Yeah baby!!!

Susie- you can do this. Come on girl

Angie- Cupcakes??? Oh they sound yummy.

Kelly530
03-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Wow. This says I haven't posted since Feb 22. I didn't realize it had been that long. Like Ward, I have been reading every day, but not posting. Don't know why. Still on the maintain path, unfortunately. I would still like to lose this last 15-20 pounds to get to my initial goal weight, and my goal was by the end of the school year, but it may not happen. I am happy to say that life seems to be slowing back down a little, and I have already been able to work out with Mindy 3 days this week. I plan to work out with her tomorrow and Friday as well. I have also stayed between 1200-1300 calories each of those three days, too. I will keep my fingers crossed!

Angela--I know losing your grandpa has been tough. You are doing a great job getting through without throwing your plan out the window. Stressful times don't help weight loss efforts, and you are keeping mindful of your plan through it all. Good for you!

Susie--Hop back on the train!!!! You can do this! Be strong! ;)

Mindy--What can I say. Stubborn f-ing pounds:devil: Keep on keeping on. At least you are staying healthy even if the scale isn't cooperating.

MyChoice2bfit
03-20-2010, 11:25 PM
It looks like everyone is spending time away from the computer this weekend--if you have weather like we do in Ohio this weekend, I sure can't blame you!

I wish I could say I was out walking in it but I haven't been. I always seem to have so much to do. I got my cards out from the weight loss book that I bought at the first of the year to "get me started again". I read it but haven't been putting the action steps into action.

But today I read them through again (I am to read them daily). One of them says to put dieting first, I have to plan my life around exercise and dieting activities, not vice versa. I deserve to put myself first.

I think this was just what I needed to read because I haven't been doing that.

Granted I have had a lot going on and we all do and I have a lot that is going to go on. I was told on Wed of last week that my last day of work will be July 31. The company that bought us out in October is closing down our location--everyone will be gone by August 31.

It is a bit scary! I am our main income and I carry our benefits--my husband's company doesn't carry them. So, I stepping up the job hunt and also lowering my criteria a bit than I have been. I have to have the security of those health benefits that is most important to me.

So I have decided that I have two things to focus on right now and the first is loosing this weight and the second is to find a new job. I will plan my life around those two things.

Kelly: I'm so happy to hear that your life has slowed down a bit and you are getting to work out with Kelly. Also I am very proud of you for maintaining.

Mindy: Sherry looked great...but I want you to know that you do too! Don't sell yourself out..you have worked very, very hard and it shows.

Ok..time to get to bed. I have a 30 min walk to finish in the morning before church and my day gets started--putting dieting and exercise first!

mtiger
03-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Susie- I know it may seem scary, but sometimes things work out for the beat. They did for me many years ago. Stay positive.

Nothing to tell. I just keep hovering around the same weight. I know how to maintain, what happened to losing?? Waiting for my secreat weapon to arrive. Hopefully tomorrow. I want to get started.

MyChoice2bfit
03-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi there. Not much new here. I'm busy with work--we have a lot to do to shut things down and of course I'm job hunting via the job board sites.

I am coming down with a cold...not a good thing ever but next week I have 4 performances to participate in for our church's Easter Muscial Drama.

So, I've made a decision that until I get done with the church thing next week I'm going to take it easy...if I want to go for a walk I will and if not, I won't. BUT when April 5th rolls around I'm back to exercising and really working my plan.

I'm not taking on anything else other than finding a job and working on my weight-loss. It's going to be all about me for a change!

Now, don't go thinking I'm through caution to the wind for the next few days. Nope, I'm not going to allow myself to have candy so I'm detoxing during this week and next week so that when I'm ready to get back to the structure of a weight-loss plan and program I have already won the sugar battle.

I'll also be popping in most days to say hi, encourge and be encourged so I"m looking forward to everyone's posts.

Mindy: What is the secret weapon? did it arrive?

MyChoice2bfit
03-25-2010, 06:26 AM
Hi! Where is everyone? I have been very sucessful in staying away from sugar and I'm starting to feel my energy level come up.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's posts.

mtiger
03-25-2010, 06:39 PM
I am still waiting for my Gruve to come. It is an activity monitor, tells calories burned. It is getting close to 2 weeks now and still no sign of it. What's up??

Nothing else new to report though.

Susie- Good luck.

MyChoice2bfit
03-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Mindy: I didn't know what a Gruve was so I googled it...very, very cool and I think it will help you to figure out why you are plateauing.

mtiger
03-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Susie- that is my hope. It came today. I got it plugged in and set up on the website. Before I even put it on my body it says My RMR is 1450, so to just do NOTHING, I should eat 1450 calories. Once it logs my calorie burn for a week it will adjust. This should be interesting.

Got on the scale this morning and it said 175.8. I said "Dam* liar". Then it went to 176.8, 2 pounds less than yesterday. For real??? It was probably playing a joke on me and will say 180 tomorrow.

mtiger
03-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Well you guys, the Gruve is very intresting. It provides a ton of info on my activity throughout the day. It is monitoring for a week before it decides what my burn should be each day. This should be interesting.

Today I was 177. Not bad. TOM will be here this week sometime. I have been under 180 for 20 days now. Don't want to go over it now. If I can just stay under through TOM I would be delighted. We shall see.

We have conferences next week, M and W till 8:30. That really screws up my evening. Will have to try working out at 9:00 when I get home? Yuck!!! I'll have to do it though to keep things as normal as possible for the Gruve tracking.

WardHog
03-28-2010, 11:49 AM
I am going to have to go and google this gruve thing.

Hi y'all! :wave:

Kelly530
03-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Hi everyone! Still maintaining. Being able to work out consistently would help. Conferences will put a damper on my workouts as well. Mindy's are only Monday and Wednesday. Mine are Mon, Tues, and Wed. Yuck!

MyChoice2bfit
03-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Hi--It is BEAUTIFUL in Ohio today with a promise of the weather getting warmer every day!

It's been a busy week for me. I am involved in my church's Easter Muscial Drama and we have four performances this week. I can truly say I have enjoyed the experience surrounding this event as well as the actual performances. I've been involved with this since January.

As much as I have enjoyed it, I'm looking forward to being finished and getting back to my weight-loss goals. We never know what the next day will bring but for the next four months I am going to enjoy a more stable time than I have been since October and I have made a vow to myself that for those 4 months I have two focuses. The first my weight-loss goals and the second to find a new job before my July 31 work end-date comes.

Mindy and Kelly: I hope the conferences were not to bruttle this week. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ward: Did you google Mindy's new toy? It looks pretty cool!

Where is everyone else? Hope to hear from all of you soon!!

mtiger
04-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey!! So I made it through conferences and am now officially on spring break. YAY!!! I am still in the first week monitoring phase with my Gruve. I am averaging close to 600 calories a day. Today however I am already at 830. WOW!!! It's only 8:00. I took a 45 min, walk and burned 250 calories.

Today was our last weigh-in at school. I lost 2 pounds this week....even though TOM should be here anytime now. I was 176.6 this morning. That has to be a good thing, right??

Well I am going to enjoy my break, starting with a night out with co-workers tomorrow. We have been waiting a long time. It should be fun.

Kelly530
04-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Hi to everyone! Still maintaining. Nothing new to report.

Mindy--Does that mean you are burning around 600 calories a day? I can't believe you would mean eating 600 a day! Glad you are getting your Gruve on! (Sorry, it had to be said!) See you tonight.

Susie--Just get back on track as soon as you can. That is all you can do!

WardHog
04-02-2010, 09:33 AM
I just keep singing "Shake Your Gruve Thing" in my head. :lol:

MyChoice2bfit
04-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Hi--83 degrees in Ohio today! If that doesn't make one happy nothing will!!

I have my last choir performance tonight and then for the next 4 months, it's ALL about me!!

Mindy: Yes that's a good thing! I think this Gruve thing will be the key to getting you off that plateu that you have been one. Enjoy that spring break!

Kelli: Maintaining is a good thing! Enjoy your spring break. I bet you and Kelly get in some workouts.

Ward: I keep singing that same thing when I read about Mindy's Gruve!

So, I told my hubby, NO Easter candy and he said he listend to me but got me something else instead..we still do Easter Baskets for each other. He told me he would take his to work. He always wants candy! He's just a big kid.

Oh, did anyone watch BL on Tuesday? I think Sunshine is looking great! She's my favorite right now.

mtiger
04-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Here is what I've learned from my Gruve so far. I should burn 530 calories a day. My average though is currently over 600. It has bumped up my calories to eat to 1573. Basically what I am getting is...eat more and work out a bit less. Seems like funny advice right??

Well today I hit a new low, 175.4. And that is with TOM popping up any minute now. Maybe this thing is correct. We shall see. I am not going to bust my butt everyday, but take a nice walk most days and throw in a bit of arms or legs on a few days. I will see how this works for me.

MyChoice2bfit
04-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Mindy: I think this Gruve thing is what you needed! I was wondering if you weren't working out to much and not eating enough. I know it's weird but I have heard that can be the case sometimes.

I'm headed back to the gym tonight. Yep..going back to the weight room. I'm excited!

SCraver
04-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Hi! I got busy and then forgot my password... doh. But I just wanted to pop in and say hi - and hope that everyone hasn't forgotten who I am.

How is everyone doing?

Susie & Mindy: It sounds like you guys are doing well!

MyChoice2bfit
04-06-2010, 11:58 AM
SCraver: Welcome back! Of course we remember you. How are you doing?

So, last night I went to the Y. Walked and then did my upperbody weight workout. Total workout was about 1 hour...and I sure was sweaty and breathing hard but it felt good to move and I slept really well last night.

This morning I'm a bit stiff...the only way to deal with that is another workout tonight--got to moving to get limbered up! and stretching.

Small victory yesterday..I talked myself away from the Peppermint patties that my boss has on her desk. It was a rough 30 min but I made it! lol

MyChoice2bfit
04-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Good morning. I'm feeling pretty good today. I'm hungry..not sure why because I had breakfast. I'm going to drink some water and wait about an hour and see if I'm still hungry then; if so I'll eat my apple.

I walked last night and did a lower body strength workout. I'm not as stiff today.

Today I will walk, upper body workout and then yoga.

So, did anyone watch BL? I was so excited when Sunshine got under 200! And I was shocked to learn that Melissa was a lawyer--somewhere along the line I missed that. I don't really like her at all.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's posts.

mtiger
04-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Susie- good job working out. That's right...just do it again.
Scraver- Welcome back. Don't leave us again.

TOM is rolling through and weight is up. I was 179 today, yuck!!! I did not go over 180 though, so that's good. Didn't get in a workout yesterday, unless you count my trip around the mall once a workout. I did hit my Gruve's burn number though, 523 calories. I actually burned 580.

Hopefully the numbers will start going back down now, once TOM is finished. I really want to see low 170's soon.

SCraver
04-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I am sitting at my kitchen table right now. My 15 mo. old son is eating his snack... THEN I am going to put him in his jogging stroller and go for a jog. I am going to do this instead of having an ice cold Guinness. Or maybe just BEFORE I have an ice cold Guinness.

It is glorious outside today. I have been out digging in my yard planting things. And after my jog, I think I am going to sit out on my deck!!

Mindy - I am just about to hit TOM, too. ~sigh~ My problem is always my raging appetite right before hand. I am hoping to get through it sipping a lot of hot or iced tea and having some carefully planned out snacks. I will wait until it passes to weigh myself!

Susie - it sounds like you are doing great with your workouts! Keep up the great work!

MyChoice2bfit
04-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Hi everyone. I am happy to report a loss at my TOPS weigh-in last night--it was a small loss, but it's a loss. ;)

Last night at TOPS our chapter handed out achievement awards for weight-loss recogniations for members' achievements last year and then they also handed out awards for the 1st quater of this year. I was the ONLY person in that room that didn't get anything. Last year I it netted out that I stayed the same and that is what I have done so far this year. Which is a good thing for when I get to goal--I guess I'll know how to do it! :p

I was a bit upset that I had allowed a year to go by and achieve NOTHING against my weight goal. That isn't me. Why, only 5 years ago I was recognized for lossing 60 lbs in a year. I was only upset with me--and it was a good upset..not that poor me I'll eat upset. It was a "by golly next quarter I'm going to be in that group that is recognized". And I had a lost last night so I'm already headed that way.

I hope everyone is having a good Friday and ready for the weekend. I know I am!

Mindy: Not going over 180 during TOM is a very good things for you.

SCraver: Did you get out and jog?

SCraver
04-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Susie: YUP! I did get out and jog on Wednesday... However, I use the term 'jog' VERY loosely. I can't believe how much of a difference it is to go jogging with a 25 lb toddler in a jogging stroller. I had to walk a good portion of my 4 mile route, but I definitely worked my legs pretty good!

And then when I got back, I only had ONE beer. (not two or three!) and I had NO beers (or alcoholic drinks of any kind) last night! I feel so good, I may not have any drinks tonight OR tomorrow either!!

I have been VERY good - compeltely on plan since Tuesday. I have excerised four out of the last five days, and I am about to head down to the gym in a few mins. AND I have plans to jog with my sister tomorrow morning.

mtiger
04-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Susie and Scraver- Good job on your owm small victories. You know this is sure a lot of work. That's why I am only doing it once. I will never go back, I promise.

Today was my weigh-in. I was 177.6, up from last week, but TOM is just finishing up. This is usually when I lose a bit. So bring on the loss. I did about 2.5 miles today. I jogged a little less than half. It was cold. My whole sping break has been rainy and cold. YUCK!!!

MyChoice2bfit
04-10-2010, 10:15 PM
SCraver: Good idea to take it easy on the drinks..they are just empty calories and it's hard enough to work off good calories much less those empty ones! Great job staying on track this week.

Mindy: I LOVE your statment about this is hard enough and you are only doing this once. I was looking through my Shape magazine and they had a blip in there about the Gruve. I"m thinking of telling my friends and family I would like one for my birthday in June and they can all go in on it.
Are you really liking it?

Ward: Is your Biggest Loser contest still going on.

I'm doing ok. Had a little bit of candy today but I was able to stop myself before it got to bad.

mtiger
04-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Susie- I really do like my Gruve. It gives me a lot of information. Not sure if it is helping me lose yet. My body still resents giving up any more weight, but by the end of the month I'll know if I dropped anymore.

177 today, same as yesterday. We shall see what happens next.

MyChoice2bfit
04-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Beautiful day in Ohio today and I didn't get out and enjoy it. I have just been so tired and I slept most of the afternoon.

I am still dealing with being sick from two weeks ago. It has turned into bronchitis. I now have a strong antibodic and I'm resting this time so I will get well.

I am looking forward to getting back to the gym tomorrow. I made it 4 days last week...going for 5 this week.

SCraver
04-12-2010, 04:14 PM
My sister and I jogged on Saturday... Then we had pizza for dinner. I was SO good - I only had two pieces and didn't even care to have another. I was only interested in drinking my Rum and Coke (which turned into 3 and 1/2 rum and cokes and a third piece of pizza late that night) BUT I was just glad that I started with only two pieces. I never just have two and stop.

I had a healthy breakfast and then went to visit with some family. I did over indulge there - but I only ate breakfast and then snacks & dinner yesterday, so all in all, I did pretty ok.

I am back on track today. I am not going to the gym today. Too tired, too crampy, muscles too sore, and I am taking it a little bit easy this week to get ready for my 5k on Saturday. I don't want to be doing it with sore muscles!

mtiger
04-12-2010, 07:45 PM
175.8 this morning. In my heart I want to see 173ish this month, but wouldn't turn down 174's either. I've burned about 650 clas so far today and should eat 1580. Still working on hitting the calories in.

MyChoice2bfit
04-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Yesterday was a hard day for me emotionally. It was the date that my daddy passed away on 12 years ago. I always get emotional around that date. I never know if it will be before that date, after or on it. This year it was on it. You think that after all that time it would get easier and it does somewhat, the ache isn't there every day that strong but when those "dates" including birthday's come along the ache feels just like the 1st day.

I'm better today though. I allowed myself to just be yesterday and that really makes the difference.

My plan tonight is to get to the Y early and get my walk done, then I'm in a 30 min "Tot's tumble" class with a friend of mine who has twins. She can't handle them both in class. It's a interactive class where the kids are learning to stretch and tumble. Should be interesting. :D

SCraver: Good idea to give yourself a bit of a rest so you can get ready for your race.

Mindy: How often are you hitting your calorie range?

WardHog
04-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Susie - :hug:

MyChoice2bfit
04-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Ward: Thanks for the hugs! I really miss you when you aren't here. I hope we will see more of you soon.

The Tot's tumbling class was fun. I even did a front roll! I was surprised I could still do it. I used to like to do headstands but I can't do them anymore.

I also got my walk in. I walk for 45 min at a pretty good clip. I get 3 miles in usually in that time frame. I also logged my food yesterday AND counted the calories! and I'm doing it again today. I feel positive about myself because I'm working the process again.

Did anyone watch the Biggest Loser last night? What did you think?

SCraver
04-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Susie - sorry about your father. That must be difficult.Maybe at that time each year, you just need to cut yourself some slack on what you are eating.

Good job on the walk!! 3 miles in 45 minutes is awesome. I jog - but I find that walking that pace for a long period of time is quite challanging!!

I have been doing awesome - I weighed myself this morning and saw 213.0! Whoo hoo! I had hit a bump in the road and leveled off for a while, but now things are heading downwards again! Sunday is the big day... I will be purchasing my dress for my sisters wedding in October. I have lost enough that I should be able to get a size 16 instead of the 18 (whoo hoo!) and I am hoping that I will need to have it taken in a whole bunch by the wedding!! (My aunt says you can take in a dress up to two sizes - but I am just shooting for size 14 by then!)

I have been doing great in the evenings - just eating my one snack instead of grazing/bingeing all evening. Having a snack planned at a specific time each evening has been a HUGE help for me. (I can thank my therapist for help coming up with my evening plan)

This lsoing weight/changing the way I eat/changing the way I think about food sure is a LOT of work. But it seems totally worth it.

MyChoice2bfit
04-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Hi--ever have one of those days where you just aren't feeling it? That's me today. I don't know why but I do feel a bit tired so maybe that is it. So, I've told myself that the answer is not to over-eat or binge on sugar for energy, but to rest. I'm resting my mind and my body today. I know that something is going on..my hands are so swollen that I could barely get my rings on today. I didn't get as much water in yesterday as usual so maybe that is what is causing that swelling and the fact that I'm tired. I am on my 6th glass of water for the day so far so I'm doing much better than yesterday.

I came here to remind myself that what I am doing is worth it and there was SCraver's post...so inspiring! Thanks SCraver! Would you mind telling a little more about your therapist and how that is helping you and maybe how you found one to help with all of this?

SCraver
04-15-2010, 02:15 PM
I came here to remind myself that what I am doing is worth it and there was SCraver's post...so inspiring! Thanks SCraver! Would you mind telling a little more about your therapist and how that is helping you and maybe how you found one to help with all of this?

Yay! I am glad you found my post inspiring! :carrot:

I have toyed with the idea of going to see a therapist for years. I went to one years ago, but I gave up after 3 sessions. She was nice enough, but I wasn't getting what I expected out of it. I probably should have looked for a therapist that was a better match for me.

So... sometimes I get depressed. Lately, I have been having quite a bit of anxiety. But what really pushed me over the edge to find a therapist was about a month ago when I realized I had plateued in my weight loss. Not because of anything physical. I knew exactly why I wasn't losing weight (bingeing in the evenings, bad weekend habits) and I also knew that the only way I was going to over come this permanently was to seek outside help.

I looked up online to find a therapist in my area, that took my insurance (my insurance has a website were I looked up a list of therapists), that was a woman, who spoke English. I felt that talking to a woman would be better than a man. How can a man understand the stress I face as a working mom?

I have had three sessions so far. She is really nice. I talk and she helps me think about how I can fix things. I told her about my bingeing in the evening (btw, she also specializes in eating dissorders). She asked me when I was eating and what. When she asked me when - it triggered in my mind the fact that my day is all set up - I have a plan and times for when and what I eat - but no plan, no time set up for when I eat in the evenings. Since I have had a plan (as simple as it is) I can look forward to my ONE snack in the evenings and enjoy it fully and have been able to keep myself under control. (Now I just need to keep doing it until it is habit!)

The stuff she says may seem pretty much common knowledge - but she helps me to look at things differently. To think about different ways to handle things. She has also invited me to a group therapy. But I can't make this session. I am hoping to make it to the next session.

(Sorry - didn't mean to write a novel!)

mtiger
04-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Not seeing any great loss right now. DARN!!! Well i asm still plugging along. Walked 2.5 miles today and trying to eat 1650 cals. OH MY!!!

MyChoice2bfit
04-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Hi Ladies! So, I went to TOPS to weigh-in on Thursday. Felt great about myself. I've worked out, tracked my food and I have a 2.5 lb GAIN! WTH???

I know this sounds weird but I think it's the antibodics I am on. This is my second round. I'm finished with them today. I had strep 3 weeks ago and then I had bronchitis. Every time I'm on a antibodic I seem to show a gain.

This week I won't weigh-in because I'll be in Minneapolis on Thursday and Friday. This week I won't get much of a workout in except lunch time walks..I have meetings after work Mon-Wed and Wed night I have to pack.

So, I'm hopping that in 2 weeks I will show a big loss..I'm more than hoping..I'm working for it.

SCraver: Thanks for sharing that info with me. I've been thinking about doing the same thing and my company provides 10 free sessions with a theipist--after that it starts being paid through insurance. With all the changes that are coming up for me, I am feeling very anxious and I know that makes me binge. I think I"ll look into using those sessions.

Mindy: How are you doing hitting your calorie requirement? I know you feel that is a lot of food but maybe until you hit it consistantly you won't see the loss you expect? You have the best determination of anyone I know! Hang in there and work really hard on hitting that calorie requirement.

Ok..got to get to cleaning this house. See you all later.

mtiger
04-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Susie- I have been hitting those calories and have been rewarded with a gain. How ya like that?? It is mid-cycle so I am waiting to see what happens in the next 2 weeks.

MyChoice2bfit
04-18-2010, 07:25 PM
Just stopping in to check in.

Mindy: That is frustrating! Hopefully you will see that WOSH soon!

MyChoice2bfit
04-21-2010, 09:18 AM
Hi! Where is everyone? Hopefully outside exercising!

I'm getting ready to leave for my 2 day trip tomorrow. I'll be in MN for a couple of days seeing my penpal of 31 years! Her daughter is an exchange student in MN and she came to visit her for a couple of weeks. I'm excited about seeing her.

Of course I wish I were thinner..I keep thinking about all the pictures and how I will not like them due to my weight. BUT, I know I can change that for the future.

I'll see you all and catch up when I get back! Bye

SCraver
04-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Can I brag for a moment?? I just got back from the gym. Today I got a new workout program and the trainer measured me... Since I joined the gym in September, I have lost:

19 lbs.
3% body fat
2.25 inches from my waist
2 inches from my hips
1.5 inches from my arm
3.25 inches from my thigh
1.25 inches from my calf

WHOO HOOO!!! I am feelin' pretty good.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

mtiger
04-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Scraver- Awesome. That must be nice to see. I am happy for you.

I on the other only seem to be gaining. Am I doing the mid-cycle gain again. GGRR!!!

mtiger
04-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Where has everysone been. So last week I gained about 6 pounds. YEP!!! 6. Not sure how that is actually possible, but it's true. Yesterday I was 181.4, didn't work out and went out for dinner and 2 drinks. Today- 178. WTH???

I really don't have this figured out at all. I surrender.

mtiger
04-26-2010, 09:06 PM
HEEEELLLOOO!!! Where is everybody??? Sat on my butt all day yesterday. Couldn't find the energy to do squat. Felt good to get up and moving today. Let me know how ya all are.

Just found out jillian has a cookbook coming out TOMORROW.. I think I'll have to get it.

MyChoice2bfit
04-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Hi--quick stop in. I'm back from my trip and catching up.

SCraver: That is quite impressive! Keep up the good work

Mindy: When does that cookbook come out?

SCraver
04-28-2010, 04:51 PM
I ate EVERYTHING this weekend... but I enjoyed it! Then I was back on track on Monday.

I have decided to cut back on my alcohol consumption. I am going to AIM for one weeknight and one weekend evening a week of having a couple drinks (instead of have a few drinks 5 out of 7 days a week). I think this will help me a lot. Alcohol doesn't help with weight loss.

MyChoice2bfit
04-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Hi Everyone--I am just about caught back up in my life. When I am behind on things at work and home then my focus for losing weight goes right out the door.

So maybe instead of focusing so hard on just weight loss I need to focus on staying "caught up" and that will help me to feel in control which will lead me to being in control of my food and exercise which would lead to weight-loss...I think I just found a key to unlock my weight-loss door!

I have had a stomach virus for the past couple of days. It wasn't as bad as the one in Feb.--no ER visit this time. I haven't really eaten in about 2 days. I'm having some veggie noodle soup for lunch today and I also had toast for breakfast.

I have TOPS weigh-in tonight. I didn't plan to loose weight this way, but hey, as loss is a loss--I should show a loss...I BETTER show a loss!

SCraver-the calories from alcohol really add up quick so I think you will see a difference with the cut-back. Good job for getting right back on track on Monday!

Mindy: How you doing?

Ward, and Kelly--it's been a LONG time--I miss you!

SCraver
04-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Susie - That stinks about having a stomach bug!

I haven't had a drink since Saturday... I am saving myself for tomorrow. Tomorrow is the Pub Run... it is 3 miles of running and 6 beers of chugging. (We run to the first bar, chug a beer, run to the second, chug, 3rd, chug, and then repeat the loop. There are 100 people that do it each year and they give out trophies to the top three women and top three men.) I can't wait! We have so much fun! It will be alot of beer, though! Which leads to a lot of eating. I am going to go to bed early tonight... and then plan to get right back on track on Sunday!

:cheers:

MyChoice2bfit
04-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Hi-I had a 3.25 lb loss last night! I think some of it was due to the stomach bug and some of it was because I've really been working on my food, hitting my calories and staying within my fat grams.

So, now that I'm feeling better I hope to get back to some real exercise. I did walk to my TOPS meeting last night and then back home. 1/2 mile each way.

SCraver: Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun! I am going to watch my first marathon this weekend. I'm from the Cincinnati, OH area and we have the Flying Pig. Should be fun! My cousin's husband is running it so we are going to cheer him on.

I'll check in over the weekend.

mtiger
04-30-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm giving up. I don't think I'm going to lose any more weight. My body just doesn't want to give it up. I will still eat right and I'm going to work out, just not going to stress about it anymore. Hormones, age, stress, who knows. Maybe if I stop worrying about it, something will happen.

WardHog
04-30-2010, 09:03 PM
Mindy - :hug:

I am floundering. Binge, starve, binge, starve ... pull hair out ...

Kelly530
05-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Hmmm....familiar. Mon-Thurs eat fine. Weekends...out of control. Life is crazy busy, and I am not getting home before 8pm any night of the week. I will keep doing my best. Still fluctuating between 166-170. Been in the 166-167 range all week, though, so that is good. Keep on keepin on girls!

MyChoice2bfit
05-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Hello! :hug: to all of us. It's a very hard thing to loose weight

Ward: You know that starving will lead to a binge....you can take control and break that cycle-- I believe you can! I also hope to see you here often. I need you here.

Mindy: I think you have a good plan in place--I hope we will see you here often. I need you here.

Kelly: That is a tough schedule that you are keeping--long days. You keep on keeping on--I need you here!

I plan a hour walk in the neighborhood tonight for my workout; it's supposed to be a very nice evening.

Yesterday I watch my first marathon. I had a family member running the Flying Pig in Cincinnati. It was something to watch--and in the pouring ran too! There was a half marathon and a full. I noticed that all of the full marathoners had the same body type and ran in the same way but I noticed that they half marathoners were off all shapes and sizes and ran in all different ways but they all crossed the finish line and finishing was the goal.

I hope everyone has a good "on your plan" day.

mtiger
05-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Susie- Sounds like fun. I was just talking about my upcoming 5K with a friend, while jogging. This will be the third year and I really want to run the whole thing this time. I can currently run between 1.5 miles and 2 miles without stopping for a walk. I am trying to build up to that 3.1 miles. I have until June 12.

I think that deep down inside somewhere, I would like to think I could do a half marathon someday. HMM!!! Big Dream!!!

Hey, TOM started today.....down to 179.2.......for the twelfth millionth time.

MyChoice2bfit
05-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Hi! So, I did great with my exercise yesterday but did I fall off the wagon with the food. It started with a brownie about 10 am and just kept getting worse as the day went on.

Why? I let external things have control over me instead of me taking the control. So today I'm clawing my way back on to that wagon and taking back the control...of what I can and I can control my food..that is something that I do have control over if I will just do it.

With my work situation so many things feel out of control...not a good thing for a comfort eater like me BUT I can choose my reaction.

How's everyone else doing? Did you watch BL last night? I was so shocked that Sam and Stephanie were a couple but I LOVED it!

Looking forward to seeing everyone's posts.

Mindy: I know you can get built up to that 5K so that you can run it all the time. Maybe you should focus on that for a while instead of the weight-loss--use it as your goal and feel yourself get inspired again.

mtiger
05-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Susie- that is exactly what I'm doing. I am running M,W, (with one friend) Sat on my own, then DVD's with Kelly on T, Th. That is my focus now. Maybe weights on Sun. I am trying not to worry about the weight too much.

I was sas to see Sam go. I really think he is a neat guy. I was happy for him and Stephanie.

MyChoice2bfit
05-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Kelly: I think that you have a good plan in place. I also think you should take your measurments now and then again on race day; I bet you are going to see a big difference.

So, had my TOPS weigh-in last night and I had a small gain. I figured I would because I knew that the amount I had lost last week wasn't a true loss but some of it was from the stomach flu I had had. However, not gaining it all back does tell me that I had a 1.5 true weight-loss for the past 2 weeks. I will work forward from there.

Where is everyone?!

MyChoice2bfit
05-11-2010, 08:34 AM
I got a walk in on Friday and another one is on Sunday. I didn't get one in yesterday but will tonight. I'm looking forward to watching The Biggest Loser.

What is everyone else up to?

mtiger
05-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Got a pretty good workout schedule going. MW run with my one friend. T,TH workout DVD with Kelly. Weekend, run or walk.

Today I was 178.2, for the millionth time.

MyChoice2bfit
05-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Did anyone watch Biggest Loser last night? I thought it was really good. To see their videos of when they came to the show and watch how they reacted when they saw how they looked then.

I'm also happy with the final 4 and I would love to see Darius win it. I like Michael, and he has come so far--hopefully they will bring him back again for the next season.

I did a 2 mile walk last night in 45 min. I also decided to start trying to get to 10,000 steps a day. So, I put my pedimotor on yesterday at lunch (didn't get it until lunch time) and by bedtime I had 4366 steps in. I didn't think that was to bad of a start.

Mindy: That workout schedule does look good. Keep training for that 5k!

Where is everyone else. It's lonely here!

mtiger
05-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Susie- Good job getting the pedometer. When I would wear mine, I was surprised how hard it could be some days to get 10,000 steps. Other days were easy. Keep walking.

My Gruve keeps bumping up my calorie burn for the day. It started out about 580, then 630, 660, now 704. It is getting tougher to burn 704 calories everyday. And that's on top of the 1429 I burn just being alive. It tells me to eat about 1650. I just don't know.

MyChoice2bfit
05-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Yesterday for my workout I did another 2 mile walk. Right now I just feel so depressed and tired and all I can really get myself to do is a walk but I know that is a good thing...because after about 20 min I feel my depression lifting and my mood coming up and then I have energy afterwards for a while....so I"ll just keep walking for sure.

I wore the pedometer all day yesterday and got in 7026 steps. Not at the 10,000 yet but moving up.

Mindy: Why would it bump up your calorie burn?

mtiger
05-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Susie- When I consistently meet my burn total, it bumps it up a little higher. I know, it's getting tougher.

Yesterday's pizza with my students resulted in a little gain. Well, bak on track today.

Good job with the walking. Keep it up.

MyChoice2bfit
05-14-2010, 12:38 PM
We had a company picnic and I was on the planning team and so I was pretty much on my feet the whole day but I forgot to put my pedometer on yesterday so I don't know what my steps were. Oh well.

I didn't make it to TOPS last night for weigh-in so it will be next week until I get the weigh-in number--It seems that numbers are eluding me! ;)

Mindy: "Consistently meet my burn total" that is a great statement! Keep it up.

mtiger
05-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Susie- It's getting even harder. It just bumped me to 736 now. I have to be moving AND get in a workout to keep hitting that. I did a 4 mile walk/jog today. Got some new shoes. YAY!!! They are my first pair of running shoes.

It's weird. They are super light and I can feel air coming through them. It's cool.

Bought a new book- The Spark. You may have heard of Sparkpeople. I am reading it currently and trying to figure out what they say I should do. Hopefully I will find something that works this summer.

MyChoice2bfit
05-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Hi,

It's raining here in Ohio AGAIN! uggggg!! I guess I should be happy that last Friday and Sat were so nice. I got in some nice walks on Friday and Saturday. Friday my steps were 8,435 and on Saturday 9,726. I think the increase on Saturday was the housework that I did.

I still need to hit that 10,000 step goal..but I'm getting there. Today I will start logging my food and calories again. I'm fighting everyday to stay focused but I'm doing it. Right now with all the uncertainity surrounding where I will be working come August 1 is a distraction and I constantly want to comfort myself. I'm trying to do it in other ways than food!

Mindy: I have heard of SPARK people. Have you checked out the website? In fact I keep my food diary on it as well as a "reflection" diary. They send me an email everyday on a topic and then I journal about it. I like the guidence of that topic..it opens me up to write about all differant things.

What brand of running shoes did you buy? LOOK AT YOU!!! Buying running shoes...because you ARE A RUNNER! I'm so proud of you!

Where is EVERYONE? Mindy and I are missing you here!

MyChoice2bfit
05-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Who watched BL last night? I can't believe that Michael and Ashley are in the top 3 for sure! Who would have thought that? But I think it is awesome.

I haven't been motivated this week to workout at all...it's so wet, damp, cloudy here...but I hear the sun is coming out this afternoon and then it's sunshine on tap for days. Looking forward to feeling a bit more "sunnier".

MyChoice2bfit
05-20-2010, 11:18 AM
After watching the BL on Tuesday night I felt like something was speaking directly to me. It was saying "Susie, now or never" now or never make that change". I told my husband that I was tired of trying I was going to start DOING!

The first thing that I decided to do was to tackle my "eating for comfort" habit that I have been in for a long while now.

So, I packed snacks, like grapes, apples, carrots and such to put in the mini-fridge in our office, so when I felt like I just needed to eat something I would go for those instead. Also, I set a rule for myself, wait 20 min and then if I still felt I needed to eat something, I could eat my planned snack.

So, yesterday...I heard it..."I want a Peppermint Patti" and I said no, waited the 20 min and said no some more during that time. I did have a piece of cheese and some grapes after the 20 min were up. I was really proud of myself because I accomplished what I set out to do...and TODAY I am doing it again! Once I get this comfort eating signal under control to where I manage it without really even thinking about it, I will find another behavior to change so that I continue to move on this weight-loss journey.

In the meantime I'm walking, walking, walking and I have set up a weight room schedule for June so I can get back in there routinely.

How's everyone else doing?

mtiger
05-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Susie- good for you. Getting started in the right direction is half the battle. Sounds like you are headed that way. Keep walking....and eating those grapes. Sorry peppermint patty!!

I am going to hit 1600 calories everyday for a month. Kelly bet me I can't do it for a week. I am fearing gaining weight, but we shall see. Scale just doesn't want to move down at all. Gotta try something.

MyChoice2bfit
05-23-2010, 09:05 AM
I've got my walks in for the weekend and I feel great that I did them. I find that when I workout I don't want to snack or overeat...don't want to undo what I have worked hard for.

I took a vacation day tomorrow; I'm looking forward to a day off...at home with nothing scheduled. I do plan on getting my home office organized.

Mindy: Have you started the challenge from Kelly yet? How are you doing?

MyChoice2bfit
05-26-2010, 08:50 AM
HELLO?!! Where is everyone? I really miss you all!

I have been doing pretty well with my food and exercise. I got a bit off track on Monday but not to badly and I just got back on.

Who watched BL last night? I thought they all looked amazing and I was so happy for Michael...he and Darius really turned out to be babes! Of course Sam was very HOT!!!

I hope everyone has a good day and I hope to see posts from Ward, Kelly, SCraver and Mindy soon!

It's going to be a challenge for me to get my 2 mile walk in today--I have a program I need to be at tonight, so I'm going to be sure I get out of work on time and hit the pavement as soon as I get home. I must take care of me first! That is my mantra for today.

mtiger
05-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Susie- Good Mantra!!! You are doing great getting those walks in. Keep it up.

I did 50 min walk/jog today. I did no workout last night. My Gruve didn't even hit blue, let alone green. That's okay. My goal is getting a little too high. I have been sticking to at least 1600 cals for over a week now. I am determined to stick with it for a month and see what happens.

Those of you out there lurking....at least stop in and say hi.

Kelly530
05-26-2010, 09:23 PM
HI. How's the challenge going Mindy??

MyChoice2bfit
05-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Hi! I'm excited for a 3 day weekend. It's a little rough at work today..the first wave of lay-offs are happening. It's sad to see the business dismantled and friends leaving. We have all worked so hard together over the years.

I have good news about my weigh-in last night. I lost! It was small but a loss...that's two weeks in row for a loss and I'm happy with that. It's progress.

What is everyone doing this weekend?

MyChoice2bfit
06-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Hi. How did everyone do over the weekend? We had a lot of "food events" but I kept on plan..and I got up Sat, Sun and Monday and got my walk in before attending them. I wish I could workout every morning--doing so seems to help keep me on plan.

mtiger
06-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Susie- Sounds like you are sticking with that walking. Good for you. Keep it up and I'm sure some pounds will come off.

I am still eating 1600 cal/day...even though I am up to 182.6 today. I feel like a fat, bloated whale today. TOM finally started today, so maybe that will help. I actually ran 3 miles straight today. I might not be losing weight, but I can run.

MyChoice2bfit
06-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Hi--I made it back to the weight-room last night. It felt good to start strength training again. I also made it back to Zumba on Tuesday and I'm still doing my daily 2 mile walks. I will increase that in the next few weeks.

I have my TOPS weigh-in tonight. I hope the scales show something for my efforts.

Mindy: Look at you running 3 miles! I think you will see good numbers now that TOM is here.

MyChoice2bfit
06-04-2010, 08:58 AM
:woohoo: I had a 1.75 lb weight loss at TOPS last night! That's 2 lbs in 2 weeks..I will take that average....I think I'm most excited about it because I know I really worked for it with the daily exercise.

My goal this week is to track my calories in and calories burned and hit my goals.

What is everyone doing this weekend? My hubby wants to do a bit of b-day shopping for me. I was going to stay home but he wants me to come along so we can have a lunch at this new place we saw on the square at The Greene. He said, "One of the things I was going to get you was a gift certificate to get a pedicure", "why don't you go get one while I'm shopping for you"..that sounded like a good deal with me and I'll get lunch too..so I'm going. Can't beat an invitation like that!

We also have a graduation party to attend-got to be careful with the food at those things!

Angela78
06-04-2010, 02:09 PM
I know, I know-i's been forever, but I'm back! It's been a LONG time since I've posted, but I've been on reading occasionally. I've been in a rut and instead of coming here to get through it, I didn't really do anything. I'm sorry for that, both for me and all of you who are committed to keeping in contact. Anyway, no big changes in my weight. I'm hovering around 210. Good news is I'm not gaining, just fluctuating a couple pounds. (One day it might be 208, the next 210, then 209.) My initial goal was to be under 200 in time for my trip to MI. That's 2 weeks from today, so I'm not so sure, but I'm going to try harder and actually move these 2 weeks and see if it happens. That's my BIG roadblock. Why can't I get up and move? It's my own fault and a hard habit to break, but I have to do it!
Well, that's enough for now, but I promise to come back real soon.
Angela

MyChoice2bfit
06-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi Angela--it's good to have you back. Please don't stay away when you are struggling..that is the best time to be here.

About being under 200 in 2 weeks..I'm sure you could do it but I'm not sure it would be healthy...but think about it this way...you could be at 205 (healthy 2 lb a week loss) instead of 209.

I got up early this morning and did my 2 mile walk--starting the day off on a positive note.

I hope everyone has a good day and I look forward to your posts!

mtiger
06-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Good afternoon girls. Gald to hear you are both working hard. Susie- Keep up that walking. It is doing some good.

I did 5 miles on Sat. Walked the begining and ran the last 1.5 miles home. Got a killer blister, but lost a few pounds today. Of course I am also post TOM so I always lose right now. I have yet to find the secret that will help me lose this last 30 pounds. If I had $$$ I would join a gym and see a trainer.

MyChoice2bfit
06-07-2010, 01:47 PM
How's everyone doing today? I had a great "on plan" weekend and I say that with even having a milkshake on Saturday. I just planned it into my calories for the day and I made sure I got my walk in. I also got my walk in yesterday. It wasn't easy yesterday we had a lot of graduation parties to attend and it was raining in the morning (when I usually go--before church) so I had to do it in the evening. I was tired and thought, oh I'll just do it tomorrow and then I thought now...tomorrow is the day that you think about today, so I got up and went and then felt so much better for it!

I'm doing ok today and feeling good and strong and positive.

Mindy: Yikes! Blisters! I bet if you do some looking around you can find a trainer that you can afford. Not all of them are in gyms. I know the one at my YMCA does sessions there but she also does sessions at her home and holds some in the local parks.

Angela: How are you doing?

Ward and Kelly: Are you ever coming back? :?:

mtiger
06-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Susie- I am so proud of you for getting those walks in. I will go for weeks without missing a workout. It has to become habit, just another daily routine. You keep it up. I already worked out at school, but I am going to take my little dog for a short walk anyhow.

MyChoice2bfit
06-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Crazy night last night. We closed on our refinance and then when I got home (later than I planned) we needed something we forgot at the store to fix dinner and my personal chef girl was there and needed it right away, so off I went to the store. Long story short I didn't get my walk in---made me mad! :mad: But tonight I'm looking at a walk and Zumba...so that should help make up for missing the walk last night.

Also on Sunday we had some graduation parties to attend in the surrounding neighborhoods and we did walk to them..a little bit adds up right?

Mindy: Like I said above..every little bit adds up right? Aren't you out of school soon? Any ideas for a new workout routine since you will have some freedom with your time?

Angela78
06-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Still getting back into the swing of things. I'm keeping track of my calories/making decent choices, and I did a workout today. It was just a 15 min. upper body workout on the Wii Active game and a few rounds of tennis on the Wii, but it's better than sitting on my butt. I figure I'll alternate upper and lower body workouts and get some running and swimming done in the evenings, when it's a little cooler. It's just too dang hot and humid here, especially in the summer.

Susie- Thanks and I know you're right-10 lbs in 2 weeks is not probable, but I'll just do what I can, 5 would be great! Keep up the good work.
Mindy- Still going strong, I see. Good for you. :) So sorry about the blister-OUCH!
Angela

mtiger
06-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Susie and Angela- Keep up the good work girls. You are both on the right track.

I did 45 min. WATP tonight since it is raining outside. My blister is hurting. Even with 2 bandaids. I don't know what I'm going to try next. My month of 1600 cals is almost up and it has done no good. So what now???

Angela78
06-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Well, it rained all afternoon and evening yesterday, so I didn't go for a walk, but I did the lower body workout on Wii Active today,"legs and lungs, and more tennis" Man, for a "video game" it just about knocked me out. I am so out of shape that I had to keep stopping between exercises to catch my breath and by the end I was a little shaky, really nauseous, and could barely stand. I may have to start with something a little less intense, because even though I need my butt kicked, I really didn't like that feeling. There are lots of preset workouts on there and I've got some DVDs, so I've just got to find the right combo. The upper body workout on the other hand, barely made me break a sweat, so maybe I can do the medium level on that.
Question about food counts- do any of you count/write down anything other than calories? This BL journal I'm using asks for everything and I'm thinking it's just too much, plus I don't really know what numbers I should be shooting for on the others. (carbs, fat, protein, fiber, & sodium).

Mindy-I'm so sorry you're not getting the results you want. :( I wish I knew how to help. Maybe the Summer will give you more time to regroup? Maybe hit the library and have more time to plan out meals and workouts and change them up a bit??? Good luck and hang in there. :goodluck:

Ward-Where are you?

Kelly-I'll see you soon. Can't wait!!! :cp: