Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 07:45 PM   #1  

Default Night Owls #49

Hi Everyone,

I am sheepishly returning only to find everyone gone. Where is everyone? I have been doing soooooo awful on program and am actually embarassed to show my face. I re-joined ww 3 weeks ago, then skipped the next 2 meetings while stuffing my face uncontrollably and went back tonight to face a 3# gain, Yikes!! I need to re-comitt and am hoping some owls would like to join me, I am going to start a thread for it.

Hope everyone is okay. I am doing okay, still going through lots of tests. I had an MRI last week because my EEG came out "slightly" abnormal. I haven't had a seizure in a month though so I think I am okay. I should get my MRI results soon.

Hope everyone else is okay, I have missed you guys, just been too embarassed to be here.

Bren
Old 08-03-2002, 03:53 AM   #2  

Hi Bren..I'm still op and maintaining the storm caused all kinds of problems and now my puter is not cooperating

This will make you laugh I think!

The Knob

A lady in her late 40's went to a plastic surgeon for a face lift. The doctor told her of a new procedure called "The Knob."

This small knob is planted on the back of a woman's head and can be turned to tighten up the skin to produce the effect of a brand new facelift forever. Of course, the woman wanted
"The Knob."

Fifteen years later the woman went back to the surgeon with two problems. "All these years everything had been working just fine. I've had to turn the knob on lots of occasions and I've loved the results. But now I've developed two
annoying problems. First of all I've got these terrible bags under my eyes and the knob won't get rid of them." The doctor looked at her and said, "Those aren't bags, those are your breasts."

She replied, "Well, I guess that explains the goatee."

Old 08-03-2002, 10:41 PM   #3  
Getting back on track!

Hi Owls!

Bren-Thanks for starting the recommitment thread. It was perfect timing. I had been away from the boards for days and rejoined WW today so this was perfect timing. Hope the test results come back fine and you are ok. Keep us posted.

Candace-Hope you are recovering from the storms. That was a great joke! Loved it!!!

I have got to get back where I was in 1999. The scale was disgusting today but at least I am doing something about it. My hubby called and cut his leg so we sat in the ER a while. It wasn't too bad but he had to go per his work and then the ER didn't do the required drug test so we had to drive over to his office. We did go shopping because he got blood all over his sneakers and of course I ended up with a new comforter for the bedroom LOL.
Well, I think it's time to hit the hay. We need to get this place rocking again.

How about a challenge? I want to do water since I am just getting back. I still drink water but not as much as I should so I challenge myself and everyone to drink 8-8ounce glasses of water from Sunday-Saturday (and then it will be habit and we will do it all the time

Hugs to all!

Setina
Old 08-04-2002, 07:03 AM   #4  

Hi Setina..welcome back and yes the water will become habit..a good one at that!

I better get to bed now..been hurting pretty bad and of course had to use some banked poitns..got the munchies
Old 08-04-2002, 01:00 PM   #5  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Brenda - I accept your recommitment challenge. Although I do the stay at home program.....I'll recommit and weigh in (at home) on the same day you do...how's that sound? Then it will be like we're really going to the meetings together. Cool idea????

Setina - I accept your WATER challenge. I have to tell you though...it wont be hard for me. It's been soooo muggy and humid here that we've been keeping the horses in the barn during the day with all the fans on (it's about 15 degrees cooler in there that outside) and then letting them out at night. Anyway, I've been riding every morning around 8 or 9am....just for an hour or so because it's just too hot by the time 10am rolls around. We have a full sized frig in the barn so I've always got a gallon sized bottle of water out there and it's always finished by the time I feed them in the evening which is around 6pm. But I'll still challenge you....maybe I'll keep some of YOU on your toes with the water and you all can help me with my FOOD intake.

Ok....now for the not so good stuff. [b]I am sooooo disappointed in you guys!!!! Candice and I were the ONLY ones here for sooo long. Didn't you read MY posts??? How AWFUL I was doing and how lousy I felt. Geeeez, I'd be lying to you if I said I wasn't really PO'd but I love you all and I've been there done that but SO HAVE YOU... Brenda, Setina, Tara, Judy and everybody else. Now come on......don't disappear like that again because I have to tell you.......although Candice ...... I love ya girlfriend was great company here........it would have been alot more helpful for ME to hear that you were not doing so well with your WW just like I wasn't. Isn't that what we're all about? The NIGHT OWLS started because we were woman who could only get on the puter late at night.....remember ICQ????? Well I do.....You guys were my life support with my Program and MANY other personal things as well. And those of you who go waaaay back know what I'm talking about....right. So.....all I'm going to say is I have not been doing well at all, with the exception of the water and sweating my booty off every day.....who knows what I weigh right now...I'm afraid to look. So Brenda, let me know when your weigh in day is so I can start keeping up with you. k? Sorry for being such a bit** but you guys KNOW that's my nature. I've always been on the up and up with you and I'm very black and white....no in between. So don't get angry with me......get angry at yourselves for not being there for MEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I hope to see you guys here much more often. Sounds like some of you already are. I just hope it stays that way. We've been together for sooo long.....I can't imagine you not being here. OK? Ok!!!!!! Now have a great Sunday.

Hugs,
~Pamela~

The picture below is of my son Billy, in the middle (now 7) and my daughter Jackie on the right (now 14) and her best friend since 2nd grade, Vicki on the left (also 14). Just thought this was a cutie-pa-tootie picture and that you might get a laugh at my "homey" son with his big silver chain, baggy shorts and "shades" and spikey hair. What a little RAT.

Last edited by PJ; 08-04-2002 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-05-2002, 07:34 AM   #6  

Default Hi There!!

How is everyone? I had to go to Maine yesterday to drop the kids off with their dad and will have to pick them back up next Sunday. I still have not been doing good OP but I packed my lunch and snacks for today and that should help me along a bit. Last week was a tough week for me, we have 2 people who handle the government, Linda is the Gov sales Asst and she fell down the stairs and was out of work for 3 weeks, hopefully she will be back today. Then last week Mark was on vacation and when we found out Linda still wasn't coming in, we panicked a bit and I got a 4 hour crash course training. So I was alone last week with no-one to ask questions, I was able to call Linda at home for emergency situations though. Everything seemed to work out okay though and I was able to pretty much keep up with my work and her work, it was just stressful. I have to say that I did enjoy it though because my job has got incredibly boring and it was nice to learn something new.

PJ, so sorry not to have been there for you, I have just been having a tough time for awhile now as you know. I cannot promise to be here often but I can promise to always be there for you in my heart and here when I can. You know you mean alot to me and that will never change. So sorry if I hurt your feelings when I disappeared, it was not intentional. I weigh in on Tuesdays, when I go(smile) seriously I am going to try to make my meetings faithfully and if for some reason I can't I will weigh in at home.

Candie, thank you for being there when PJ needed you, you are a true owl. I loved the joke you posted, it is good to get some humor now and then, I laughed myself to death. Congratulations on doing so well maintaining, I can't wait til I am doing it with you.

Setina, Hey girl, It is a tough struggle but my motto is never give up, sooner or later we will make it if we don't give up but if we give up, there is no chance. I will accept your water challenge and boy what a challenge it will be for me, I hardly ever drink more than a glass or two a day. I will do it though.

Come on out everyone, there is strength in numbers

Bren
Old 08-05-2002, 11:45 PM   #7  
Getting back on track!

Hi Owls!

Candice-Hope you are feeling better!

PJ-I am proud to say I drank all my water and then some today and I am over day 1 of being OP ). Sorry I wasn't here for you. I have been going thru a lot myself and I know you are right about the support and strength in numbers so guilty as charged!

Bren-Did you get that water in? You better girl, if I did it you can too.

I go to the Neurologist 8/19 and I am trying to get in with my doc for my thyroid asap. I know not being on the meds is messing me up big time. I have a hard time eating and get this "lump" in my throat and even though I had hardly been eating the past month or so I gained like crazy!.

I weigh in on Saturday mornings so I promise to post my progress. I am hoping for big losses but I am not going to set myself up for failure if I don't see that. I know I may have really screwed my body up by not taking my thyroid med. but hopefully that won't hurt me too bad. I will take any loss and the main thing is that I am back OP and back with my friends.

Anyone know if they still make the L/C Fiesta Chicken? That was my favorite and I can't find it anywhere.....

Better get to bed....
Have a great evening
Hugs
Setina
Old 08-05-2002, 11:48 PM   #8  
Getting back on track!

PS PJ-The kids are adorable. I can't believe how fast they are growing!!!! I feel so old..oops, I reminded myself I hit the big 36 soon ...oh well, you are only as old as you act right? so I am still a kid at heart
Old 08-06-2002, 10:08 AM   #9  

Hi Everyone,

Setina, Yes I did get the water in yesterday, just barely though. I did not stay on program well though. Today I am feeling better in control of it. I am starving right now but morning break is only 10 minutes away. Over the last few weeks I have been hitting the snack machine every morning but I have avoided it today, so far. I packed my lunch and am determined to stick to it. I am on water #3 this morning and it is 9:30am, so it is a good start.

Bren
Old 08-06-2002, 10:38 PM   #10  
Getting back on track!

Go Bren! I have day 3 under my belt and totally OP and drank all my water and then some. I had a really tuff day and have to get up at 5am so I am off to "count sheep"
Have a great Wednesday!
Setina

Ok-where are you other owls?
Old 08-07-2002, 05:26 AM   #11  

Seems like I bank 5 then eat them the next day...hummmmm

Sounds like you owls are doing ok........sorry I was not much help pj........... I kinda get worried about you when you do not post or send email (sometimes I cannot get into my mail) and now my puter is freezing up so it makes posting difficult. Nice picture of the kids too!

Water is the easy part for me it is the late night snacking that gets to me!

Old 08-07-2002, 05:32 AM   #12  

I love these new icons!
Old 08-07-2002, 05:35 AM   #13  

PJ...........
http://www.tidalweb.com/fms/rhg.shtml
Old 08-07-2002, 07:32 AM   #14  

Hi Everyone,

I lost 1# at ww last night, now I have 4# to go to get back to my lowest weight so far.

I am having surgery today at 3:30pm and can't eat anything but a clear breakfast, just had some jello and will have some broth, I can't have anything at all after 11:30. Maybe that will help my weight LOL!!

Candice, I too worry about PJ when she disappears.

PJ, we miiiiiiiisssssssss Yooooouuuuuuu!!!! Come say hi.

Later Owls

Bren
Old 08-07-2002, 10:28 PM   #15  
Getting back on track!

Hi Owls....I did not do this today so I did not feel like this
or this

We had a free cook out at work and I took my WW lunch and ate it. It was great too because the line was so long and I used the microwave and didn't have to wait at all

I love the new icons too.

Congrats on the pound Bren! Hope surgery went ok. I must have missed something Best Wishes YFF

Candace-You are doing great as well. I banked this week too and so far only used 1.

I am so proud of myself. I am back like I was the first time I joined WW.

PJ-Where are you? Please let us know you are ok. We love you girl

Well, I better get to bed. Have a great evening!

Setina
Closed Thread