South Beach Diet - What's for Autumn Dinner?

View Full Version : What's for Autumn Dinner?

Ruthxxx
09-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Our summer dinner thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/175320-whats-dinner-summer-8.html#post2915643) had lots of ideas but it's time to start the shift to fall meals.

For dinner tonight I plan Salsa Chicken from our Phase I recipes, yellow and green beans, sliced tomatoes and a Quinoa Pilaf (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/side-dishes-phase-2/137671-toasted-quinoa-pilaf-garlic-kale-pine-nuts.html#post2110417) from our recipes. Thanks Schmoodle! Wish me luck!

Fat Melanie
09-08-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm thinking of making a delicious beef stew with sweet potato chunks. Also my husband was telling me about a recipe for pumpkin soup which is very, very autumny! Plus I read some recipe for pork chops with apples or something like that. I will gather aforementioned recipes and post. Mmm, fall food! Yum.

Lexxiss
09-08-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm determined to make an appearance in onederland, so I'm going back to P1.5. My favorite P1 dinner, Taco Bake will highlight our evening. :hun:

weezle
09-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Soup!!!!!!

TwynnB
09-08-2009, 07:31 PM
I made that cabbage patch stew, it was surprisingly yummy!! Had with WW rolls :D. YUM! (AND, my kids ate it!!)

grneyedmustang
09-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Tonight is broiled salmon with asparagus (I'm not sure how I'm going to season it) and blackeye peas.

Chelby29
09-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Navy bean soup. Yum!

SunshineCA
09-09-2009, 03:58 AM
Tonight I had leftover shrimp stir fry.

weezerloo
09-09-2009, 04:17 AM
I was telling my roommate that next week I want to cook soup and some chili. She was rather incredulous, but then again, it is still over 90 degrees here in So. Cal. But still, I am CRAVING FALL FOODS!! :) Cannot wait for cooler weather!

Schmoodle
09-09-2009, 09:13 AM
All of the chili talk last week got me, so I've got a batch in the crockpot today. I'm going to add lots of zucchini and eggplant to it.

I made a spinach-bean dip over the weekend that was very yummy. Took it to a friend's for dinner and it was a big hit - I'll post it later. I liked that it had no dairy in it.

Ruthxxx
09-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Didn't get to the pilaf yesterday so will make it today and add leftover chicken and some mushrooms. I'll have it with tomatoes of course and some more green and yellow beans.

CyndiM
09-09-2009, 12:26 PM
sauteed Italian peppers with onions,& garlic served with veggie sausage

beachgal
09-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Wednesday: We're both really busy tonight, so I'm reheating a WW pasta, FF ricotta/tomato casserole I made in the past and froze.
Thursday: Turkey breast, roasted, with Quinoa Stuffing with Leeks, Walnuts, and Cherries (http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1545726) and frozen veggies
Friday: Potato-Leek Chowder (http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1097038)(doesn't need much changing...although you can use sweet potatoes if you've already had your once a month regular potatoes, and you can sub squash puree for the cream-style corn)--love that this is made with cauliflower for extra chunkiness!

Lexxiss
09-09-2009, 10:27 PM
I had a gigantic veggie and green salad, and a side of poached chicken. Very basic, but satisfying. SF pudding for dessert.

TwynnB
09-09-2009, 10:54 PM
The rest of the family had tacos, while I had taco salad. Yum!!

rdw1
09-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Schmoodle- I can't wait to see that dip recipe!

Tonight I made a big batch of brown rice pasta with loads of veggies! I think I found the trick- I only cook 2 servings and cut them into 1-3'' pieces before cooking... then I cooked 1 onion, 1 green pepper, about 8 mushrooms, 2 zucchini, a can of tomatoes and a half can of tomato sauce lots of italian herbs, pepper, garlic, a dash of wine.... cooked the pasta separate and rinsed before adding to the sauce... made 2 HUGE portions at 350 calories a piece! SOOOO good and filling! before I always eat too much of the pasta part because I only topped it with sauce... mixin it together seems to really help my portion control! more veggies less pasta! But tastes just as good!

Right now I am not eating cheese but some parmesan on top would have been divine!

femmecreole
09-10-2009, 06:40 AM
Last night I fixed some turkey cutlets (and seasoned steamed mixed veggies with lots of red onion! and a fruit cup of cantelope and grapes)

I sauted the cutlets in some evoo and and added some herbs de provence to them (patted them into the meat) before sauteing. After they were cooked, I sprinkled some parmesan cheese on top and ran them under the broiler till they were brown. talk about yum!

CyndiM
09-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Rikki - I just make a nice thick veggie filled sauce now and eat it like stew. I got frustrated with the pasta serving size (so says the woman who considered half a lb with sauce on top dinner!).

It's going to be black bean tomatillo soup in the crockpot tonight. It's definitely comfort food for me and I can just let it cook while I do other things :)

Chelby29
09-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Taco salad. It's still summer in Alabama. :D

rdw1
09-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Cyndi- I couldn't find that recipe for the soup- could you kindly direct me to it :)

TexisDolly73
09-11-2009, 12:30 AM
I made that cabbage patch stew, it was surprisingly yummy!! Had with WW rolls :D. YUM! (AND, my kids ate it!!)

What is Cabbag patch stew?

CyndiM
09-11-2009, 08:06 AM
Cyndi- I couldn't find that recipe for the soup- could you kindly direct me to it :)

Here you go Rikki: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/crockpot-slow-cooker-phase-2/154550-black-bean-tomatillo-soup-lime-cilantro.html
It's one of my absolute faves.

I think tonight will be scrambled eggs with lots of veggies. Has anyone made home fries with butternut squash? I'm thinking of giving it a try.

TwynnB
09-11-2009, 08:47 AM
What is Cabbag patch stew?

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cabbage-Patch-Stew/Detail.aspx?prop31=5

cottagebythesea
09-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Has anyone made home fries with butternut squash? I'm thinking of giving it a try.

I make them often, Cyndi, and they're fabulous. Just bake them in a hot (450*) oven until they're done to your liking. I spray them with a bit of olive oil and season them with Cajun seasoning first. Spike seasoning is also yummy on them.

Monica sent me home with a kiri squash. I'm wondering what I want to do with it.

CyndiM
09-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Thanks Cottage :) I"m thinking a Mexican style scramble with beans on the side and appropriately seasoned "home fries", with a burrito option.

I've seen the kuri but never bought one. From the internet:
"Another kind that has similar qualities to kabocha is called kuri squash or Hokkaido kuri. (Kuri means chestnut in Japanese, and it is sort of a chestnut shape - though I believe it refers more to its chestnut-like flesh rather than the shape.) It's the bright orange, onion-shaped one in the foreground of the photo at the top. In Switzerland and Germany it's called Knirps. Thin-skinned and a bit less sweet than kabocha, it's great for roasting, soups, and a lot else."
http://www.justhungry.com/2006/10/produce_winter_squash_and_pump.html

Can't wait to hear how it is :)

rdw1
09-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks Cyndi-

Last night, from what I can tell I made ratatouille...lol. I had eggplant and portobello mushrooms to use and I made then with onion tomatoes and a bit of tomato sauce lots of herbs... turned out fantastic! I had it with some polenta(not OP)with it...

Ruthxxx
09-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Green beans and tomatoes with my fresh pesto, BBQ pork skewers and zucchini, peppers and onions. I love my BBQ!

beachgal
09-11-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm a big fan of this Broccoli and Cheese Soup (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/soups-stews-phase-2/42365-broccoli-cheese-soup-die.html) recipe from Cooking Light. :T

There's a really yummy looking Cashew Chili recipe in this months "Menu" magazine from Wegman's. Anyone tried it yet?

CyndiM
09-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Cottage is right - butternut squash home fries are very yummy :)

cottagebythesea
09-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Cottage is right - butternut squash home fries are very yummy :)

:)

Laurie, that Cashew Chili does sound good. I think I'm going to try a cup of it at Wegman's first, though, before I try making it.

I'm going to use the red kuri squash in a curry, probably tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it turns out. Tonight was just a quick brown rice and veggie bowl from Trader Joe's. I was too tired to cook, but I'm sure I'll have my groove back by tomorrow.

Chelby29
09-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Rotisserie chicken with curried chickpeas and green beans. I have a bottle of peach wine, but I'm doing Phase 1. sign....

CyndiM
09-11-2009, 09:45 PM
ooohh, peach wine? Now that we can grow peaches here I hope someone makes one. We have cranberry, rhubarb, apple, apple blueberry, and pear. There's also maple wine but it's much to sweet for me.

SunshineCA
09-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Tonight I made turkey sausage stir fry. I served it with rice for the kids. It was absolutely delish! ;)

sophie
09-13-2009, 10:44 AM
beer can chicken, roasted broccoli and a salad. Couscous with raisins and walnuts for DH.
Sophie

cottagebythesea
09-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Yesterday I made a big pot of split pea soup and homemade 10-grain wholewheat bread. I also made a SBD compatible blueberry cobbler with the quart of wild blueberries I brought back from Maine, but it was a little disappointing.

For today, I found a recipe for Kuri Squash Gratin that sounds interesting, and I'm making chilled steamed broccoli in a balsamic viniagrette on the side.

Ruthxxx
09-13-2009, 12:07 PM
I am going to try to be creative with spaghetti squash, leftover pork kebabs, green beans, basil and tomatoes plus some cheese. I may throw in some chick peas as well.

Fat Melanie
09-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Is there a recipe for that ricotta-tomato casserole? I love ricotta, I mean I adore it. It's the best part in a lasagna to me! Tonight I'm going to have whole wheat cheese ravioli with tomato sauce sauce to get my ricotta fix.

SunshineCA
09-14-2009, 12:30 AM
Tonight's Dinner:

~Mustard-Crusted SteaK (from the SBD Quick & Easy Cookbook)

~Broccoli/Cauliflower

~Tossed Salad

~Rice for the kids

Lexxiss
09-14-2009, 06:42 AM
We had roast chicken, cauliflower mashed potatoes and salad.

I had never made the cauliflower this way, although everyone RAVES about it. I was so impressed! DH liked it too. Led me to believe a great part of the attraction of real mashed potatoes is the texture.

Ruthxxx
09-14-2009, 07:01 AM
You know, I've never made that cauliflower. I must get some and figure out the recipe for one.

Tonight I'll definitely BBQ as the season is winding down. (It's not the cold but the dark!) I have a flank steak marinating and will grill it with peppers, onions and zucchini. I might sneak in a sliced tomato and basil salad while I still have them. The garden is winding down but I still have some baby zucchini forming out there.

Lexxiss
09-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Ruth, here is the recipe from our P1 Side Dish thread; http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/side-dishes-phase-1/51311-cauliglower-mashed-potatoes.html

It is my newest OP favorites. I used a little soy milk, and added smart balance because I didn't have a buttery spray.

sophie
09-14-2009, 12:12 PM
yeah, I love leftovers. Adding yogurt and peaches for dessert.
Debbie, I have cauliflower in my fridge will do that tomorrow if we have salmon.
take care
Sophie

beachgal
09-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Here's Friday's dinner--I'm using Tofurkey veggie kielbasa, though turkey kielbasa should be fine to use. I just have the veggie stuff in the freezer.

Turkey Kielbasa, Sweet Potato and Leek Soup (http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/turkey-kielbasa-sweet-potato-leek-soup/print/)

Chelby29
09-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Laurie, That sounds wonderful! I'm going to try it!

TwynnB
09-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Yes!! Let us know how the sausage, leek and potato soup was!

We had salad, grilled pork tenderloin, deviled eggs and asparagus.

cottagebythesea
09-14-2009, 08:25 PM
I made a yummy dish of sauteed Swiss chard, cannellini beans, and tomatoes with lots of garlic, onion and red pepper flakes. :T

Lexxiss
09-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Yummy!
I'm having watermelon-nothing else. It's my 1 WM of the summer.

PS Thanks, Beachgal!

murphmitch
09-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Bell peppers stuffed with ground turkey & black beans with a little shaved Parmesan on top.

cottagebythesea
09-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Leftover split pea soup and 1 slice of homemade 10-grain wholewheat bread.

Lexxiss
09-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Kashi Roasted Veggie Thin Crust Pizza, with my own personal added toppings

AlphaGal
09-15-2009, 11:09 PM
chicken caesar salad with out croutons!

sophie
09-16-2009, 01:18 PM
bbq pork chops with roasted cauliflower and dirty rice. I'm making it with Basmanti rice, saute onion, add cooked rice, some soy sauce and either walnuts or pecans. Will have less than 1/3 cup of it. Baked apple for dessert
take care
Sophie

KO
09-16-2009, 04:53 PM
depending on what time Peapod Arrives
Sausage and white bean stew
Turkey pesto loaf with white beans and spinach (in the loaf)
if it comes later I'll have a quickie protein shake and possibly some Premade Turkey meatballs or a turkey burger

Chelby29
09-16-2009, 05:31 PM
We're having broccoli and cheese soup and broiled chicken. DH would be 'anti' a meatless dinner. :)

ETA: The Broccoli & Cheese Soup to Die For is the BEST! It's a sticky under Phase 2 Soups. Very Yummy!

cottagebythesea
09-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Tonight I had a squash & quinoa bake with a portobello burger patty.

KO
09-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Last night I had Meatballs
Tonight I'm having Sausage and White Bean Stew (More like sauce b/c I got the wrong tomatoes!)

Thighs Be Gone
09-17-2009, 04:11 PM
My MACDADDY Fall dinner..

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin (stuffed with ff cream cheese, spinach, pesto seasoning, bacon strips , red peppers-julienned)

Baked Sweet Potatoes

I like to warm apricot preserves and serve with the tenderloin. It becomes like a dipping sauce.

Thighs Be Gone
09-17-2009, 04:12 PM
KO--would you mind sharing your turkey loaf recipe? I bought some nice quality ground turkey yesterday--rock bottom deal and couldn't pass it.

Ruthxxx
09-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Going to an info night where there will be wine and snacky Italian things. We were going to eat out first but it will be lentil soup at home instead.

sophie
09-17-2009, 05:16 PM
very busy day today. It will be baked salmon with braised onions and capers and lemon juice added at the last minute (a la Juila Child recipe) but no butter just olive oil. Still cauliflower and a salad.
take care
Sophie

Lexxiss
09-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Yum, Sophie. We're having another jazzed up Kashi pizza. I'm adding garlic, basil, onions, olives, zucchini and turkey sausage.....and salad, of course.

cottagebythesea
09-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Leftover squash and quinoa casserole. That recipe made a huge casserole, and I've decided I don't really like it.

rdw1
09-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Cottage- that stinks! I hate when I make a bunch of stuff and don't like it!

tonight I had zucchini pesto pasta with pine nuts, carrots, broccoli, and mushrooms....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new slicer! Thanks so much cyndi for letting me in on it! I think its a staple in my SBD kitchen! a bit expensive but worth it!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/World-Cuisine-Tri-Blade-Plastic-Vegetable/dp/B0007Y9WHQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1253239103&sr=8-1
and its went down 2 bucks since I purchased it! SOOOO easy to use! for some reason anything with a crank I expect to work like an old snoopy sno cone maker! lol, this is nothing like that- super smooth and easy to cut! I LOVE it!

KDHW
09-18-2009, 12:32 AM
I think tonight will be scrambled eggs with lots of veggies. Has anyone made home fries with butternut squash? I'm thinking of giving it a try.

I LOVE butternut squash!! How was it?

CyndiM
09-18-2009, 09:25 AM
It's definitely fall around here. I've got a simple black bean soup in the crockpot. I'll make a loaf of whole grain bread and some sauteed greens for the side.

Rikki - Cat gets all the thanks. I'd never have tried that thing without her recommendation :)

KDHW - The butternut squash home fries were excellent!

Ruthxxx
09-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Tonight will be a hot and spicy stir-fry of either shrimp or chicken with peppers, zucchini, onions and Swiss chard served over some of the artichoke pasta Cottage brought me when she was here for a visit. I forgot I had two packages!

cottagebythesea
09-18-2009, 06:53 PM
We're treating ourselves to healthy Chinese take-out tonight. I'm having Steamed Broccoli in Garlic Sauce, made weight-watcher's style (meaning they don't thicken the sauce or add sugar, no MSG). Unfortunately, they only have white rice, but I found out they use a long-grain rice, so I'll limit myself to 1/2 cup. :)

If I told you all what Jake is having, you'd all be drooling!

Lexxiss
09-18-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm envious of you all. I can't wait for this fundraiser to be over. Again....Kashi Pizza. (better than Dominos)

SunshineCA
09-18-2009, 11:01 PM
I planned to make shrimp stir-fry but I haven't peeled and deveined the shrimp yet. So, it looks like that may be tomorrow's lunch/dinner unless I get a burst of energy. If I don't cook that, I'll have tomato or split pea soup and a turkey sandwich on multigrain bread with Dijon mustard and Miracle Whip . :)

CyndiM
09-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Crockpot chili with every veggie I can scrounge up :) Nothing like coming home from a cool day on the mountain to a fragrant hot dinner (and a dehydrator full of peppers!)

SunshineCA
09-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I cleaned and deveined the shrimp last night and made the stir-fry for lunch today. Tonight, I'll be home alone for a while so I won't cook a big meal. Dinner for 1 is a welcomed treat. Not quite sure what I'll make yet but soup and a sandwich sounds good. ;)

CyndiM
09-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Eggplant spinach curry with chard instead of spinach and chick peas added for protein

cottagebythesea
09-20-2009, 09:07 PM
I had the Spaghetti Squash Deep-Dish Pie for supper. I like to bake the "shell" until it's golden brown and crispy before loading it with toppings and baking it again. Today I used red peppers, mushrooms and onions, along with the sauce and mozzarella. Yum!

KO
09-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Got any Leftovers? Your food sounds so good!!
Tonight will be Turkey & white bean pesto loaf
with spinach
won't tell DH about the white beans or pesto!

Lexxiss
09-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Got any Leftovers? Your food sounds so good!!

Yours always sounds so good, too, Kierie.

We're having lentil and veggie soup with our usual more than lettuce salad.

Chelby29
09-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Red beans and rice with smoked sausage.

CyndiM
09-20-2009, 09:42 PM
I love reading what everyone is making. It definitely helps keep me out of the dinner rut :)

BTW - Thanks for the baked brown rice recipe Ruth!!

murphmitch
09-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Sirloin on the grill (marinated in the phase I flank steak fajita recipe), grilled asparagus, steamed cauliflower & broccoli. I also love reading everyone else's dishes.

june65
09-20-2009, 11:19 PM
for dinner this evening I had a chicken breast from the grill, green beans, small summer squash with cinnamon, the squash was lovely, I baked it for a hour , the cinnamon made it very tasty.

dessert was a sugar free jello, later on in the evening I had a tiny piece of chickhen, i was hungry since dinner was early this evening.

sophie
09-21-2009, 02:18 PM
shrimp stir fry. Since I can't seem to find a veggie spiral I will use my french fry cutter for the food processor and will see how that works on zucchini.
take care
Sophie

SunshineCA
09-21-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm about to grill a couple of steaks, serve with a tossed salad, broccoli and brown rice.

sophie
09-22-2009, 05:14 PM
spaghetti squash with tomato turkey sauce.
sophie

sophie
09-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Hey, I kind of miss this thread.
Omelette with mushrooms and red peppers.
take care
Sophie

CyndiM
09-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Thanks Sophie :)

Broccoli, white bean & cheddar soup with veggie burgers

Lexxiss
09-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Buffalo burgers and cole slaw. I made pickled beets for my Mom and healthy potatoes for DH, but for me burger and slaw is adequate.

murphmitch
09-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Taco bake leftovers with salad and RF sour cream on top.

TexisDolly73
09-29-2009, 10:14 PM
What is the recipe forSpaghetti Squash Deep-Dish Pie?:?:

murphmitch
09-29-2009, 10:30 PM
It's in the Phase I entrees recipes at the top of the SB forum.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-1/153172-spaghetti-squash-deep-dish-italian-pie.html

Lexxiss
09-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Tonight, a "breakfast" casserole, with zucch, onion, anaheim peppers and eggs.

CyndiM
09-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Great minds Debbie - we had a cajun veggie scramble, butternut homefries, and refried beans

cottagebythesea
09-30-2009, 09:53 PM
I made braised Swiss chard and cannellini beans with onions and garlic, and tossed it with shirataki noodles. Sprinkled with a little parmesan and some red pepper flakes, it was a meal fit for a queen. And there was enough leftover for tomorrow's lunch. :)

rdw1
09-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Cottage- that sounds great! I am upset that shirataki noodles went up so much here. I could get them before for 1.39 a package and now they are 2 bucks...

I was fasting today so I had lots of veggie broth and for dinner I spiral sliced a zucchini and added it to the broth with a half tbs of sesame oil and braggs liquid aminos with some sriracha. it was incredibly good- maybe because I am so hungry :)

murphmitch
10-01-2009, 12:08 AM
Chicken Parmesan with onions, mushrooms and bell peppers sauteed in olive oil with Classico Basil & Tomato sauce & RF Provolone cheese on top.

sophie
10-01-2009, 10:56 AM
baked haddock, roasted veggies and a small salad.
take care
Sophie

CyndiM
10-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Stir fry of baby bok choy and tofu with a side of patty pan squash and a slice of home made bread :)

Lexxiss
10-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Mmm....homemade bread..I can smell it. Baby bok choy is my fav!

We're having a green chile stew and salad. Cornbread is :censored:. I cut into the first pumpkin tonight and we're having a pumpkin pudding. Perfect fall dinner.

CyndiM
10-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Mutual admiration - how do you make the pudding? I miss pudding. I've been mixing the pumpkin apple butter with Greek yogurt but I bet your recipe is better :)

I'm so excited, I finally know how to get tofu that's crispy without deep frying or corn starch. Very good in stir fry

Lexxiss
10-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Not an everyday, but for a treat. I found this on another forum and adapted.

PUMPKIN PUDDING
1 (16 ounce) can of pumpkin (2c fresh)
1 (1 1/2 ounce) box of sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix
8 oz of SB approved cool whip (I didn't add and wouldn't hesitate to add less)
pumpkin pie spice (to taste)

Combine all ingredients in order
Chill for 2 hours

rdw1
10-03-2009, 12:48 AM
SO, Cyndi- how do you crisp your tofu? I have broiled it and also a lot of times I slice in about 8 thin slices and brown on both sides with spray olive oil before cubing it... But I would love to hear your way as well! :)

Tonight I made a yummy soup of 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can black beans, 1 cube not-beef boullion about 2c water, 1c brown rice pasta, 1 bell pepper, 1 hot pablano pepper(not normally hot but for some reason my garden produced HOT ones! Prob a jalapeno would work!) 2 small sliced green roma tomatoes halved, seasoned with cumin, garlic and onion powder, and a lil cayenne pepper. It was sooooo good and took about 20 minutes! I just thew everything in the pot and voila! super yummy! I was starving when I threw it together but I am sure it will be just as good tomorrow! :)

CyndiM
10-03-2009, 07:27 PM
We are having small artichokes (not baby, just local so pretty small), delicata rings, and Trader Joe's veggie Italian links.

Rikki - A co-worker has been experimenting and came up with the best non-fried method I've had. Spray a cast iron pan (must be cast iron) with oil. Slice the tofu into slabs (I like 5 so they are serving size). Roast at around 350 for 30 minutes then turn and repeat. She says it's better if it sits in the fridge a few hours but I cut mine into chunks and tossed right into the stir fry. It gives it a nice firm texture, a lot like Chinese restaurant tofu only no corn starch of heavy frying :) I bought 3 more lbs and am looking forward to a more stir fries.

SunshineCA
10-03-2009, 11:02 PM
I was going to prepare pork chops but I'm not the hungry and I'll be home alone tonight for a while. I may just have a bowl of tomato soup and whole wheat crackers. I may still grill the chops and have them ready for tomorrow night's din-din.

CyndiM
10-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Crockpot beans with veggie chorizo. Maybe I'll roast some peppers on the side too.

rdw1
10-05-2009, 10:17 PM
I will be trying that tofu soon cyndi, thanks! I have a cast iron pan but it needs to be cleaned and oiled- I don't know how I messed it up but I did...

Tonight was spaghetti squash served spaghetti style with chunky homemade sauce with onions, peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, garlic, basil, oregano, and a splash of red... sprinkled with parm. YUM. tons of leftovers too- I know what I am eating the next couple of days!

KDHW
10-05-2009, 10:30 PM
tonight I had lentil soup with lots of fresh veggies in it.....I love this thread it gives me great ideas for dinner....tomorrow I think we will have grilled turkey sausage, peppers and onions with butternut squash fries on the side!!!!

sophie
10-06-2009, 12:17 PM
shrimp stir fry over spaghetti squash and baked apple. Debbie I might try that pumpkin pudding for our Thanksgiving.
take care
Sophie

JerseyGirrl
10-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Tonight is Autumn sausage casserole...its sausage ..apples..onions...brown rice...cinnamon...allspice..sweet potatoes...some apple cider vinegar and just a tiny touch of apple cider. I usually add some other spices also, but I have my recipe at home.

CyndiM
10-06-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm having dinner alone tonight so I'm making kale chips and dal. In the old days that would have been popcorn and cheese ;)

rdw1
10-06-2009, 02:38 PM
I made the hobbit shire soup cottage posted and its fabulous! I tweaked it a bit, but basically used the same recipe. that was lunch, and will be the next few days... still unsure on dinner.

Lexxiss
10-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Tonight is Autumn sausage casserole...its sausage ..apples..onions...brown rice...cinnamon...allspice..sweet potatoes...some apple cider vinegar and just a tiny touch of apple cider. I usually add some other spices also, but I have my recipe at home.

This sounds wonderful! Can you post the recipe? Thanks!

I think I'll punt and have something similar.

SunshineCA
10-06-2009, 06:20 PM
I never cooked the pork chops that night. I cooked them Sunday night and didn't eat them until yesterday. We're having the last of the leftovers tonight, along with a salad and SB Surprise "Mashed Potatoes".

JerseyGirrl
10-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Lexxis...I don't have exact measurements as this is something I kind of just made up as I went along. I saw a similar recipe but couldn't find it so I just decided to wing it. It is pretty hard to mess it up any how....

Ingredients
Italian Sausage Patties
Chopped Onion
Chopped Apples
Diced Sweet Potatoes
Sliced Mushrooms
Chicken Broth
Raisins
Uncooked brown rice
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider
Garlic Powder
Black Pepper
Cinnamon
All Spice
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Bay Leaf

I brown and crumble the sausage patties in a large pot sprayed with Pam. I then add the onions and cook for about 5 more minutes. Then add the sweet potatoes and sprinkle with the spices and then add chicken broth, apple cider, and apple cider vinegar and one bay leaf. I let that simmer for about 20 minutes and then add the apples and more spices if necessary. I simmer that for about another 10 min. and then remove bay leaf and add a few handfuls of uncooked brown rice and the raisins. I let that cook until the rice is fully cooked and absorbs most of the liquid.

I remember the originally recipe calling for brown sugar, but I sometimes use Splenda brown sugar or omit it all together but my boyfriend is a big baby when it comes to veggies and will not eat sweet potatoes unless they are sweetened. I guess Splenda brown sugar is a big step for him coming from brown sugar, maple syrup, and a pound of marshmellows and pineapple. LOL

sophie
10-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Melissa your recipe sounds so good. Although we are having turkey sausage today I don't have all the ingredients but will try to remember it for tomorrow.
Turkey sausage with roasted veggies and brown rice on the menu today.
take care
Sophie

Lexxiss
10-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks Jersey Girl

We will try it for dinner tonight.

SunshineCA
10-08-2009, 06:04 PM
My goal is to make whole wheat spaghetti and a tossed salad.

murphmitch
10-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Chili with ground turkey and pinto beans and a little RF sour cream on top.

obnurseonsb
10-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Did up a nice lean flank steak on the grill. Made a sauce for with it.....some sauteed onion and mushroom, deglazed the pan with a tiny, tiny bit of dry white wine, added some spices and dijon. Let it cook down, and then thinned it out with a bit of FF beef broth. Was something new and tasty. Which I enjoy trying. Steamed up some red and yellow bell peppers with red onion and zucchini in the micro....splash of spices and balsamic. We were good to go! Just relaxing and watch the BoSox play baseball! :carrot:

TexisDolly73
10-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Yum, Sophie. We're having another jazzed up Kashi pizza. I'm adding garlic, basil, onions, olives, zucchini and turkey sausage.....and salad, of course.

I know this is Probably Ph 2 but I am not sure what you mean by a Kashi pizza? Is that a crust?:?::?:

cottagebythesea
10-10-2009, 08:25 PM
I know this is Probably Ph 2 but I am not sure what you mean by a Kashi pizza? Is that a crust?:?::?:

Kashi is a brand name. They several varieties of thin-crust pizza that are fine for Phase 2, and are very good.

HeaterAS
10-10-2009, 08:28 PM
OH boy! I am loving this thread!!

Tonight we had the chicken reuben from the phase 1 recipes as well as some pinto beans and a big salad with veggies each.

It was yummy, but I'm not sure I LOVED the chicken. We have some more for tomorrow for lunch leftover so maybe I'll like it better tomorrow?

TexisDolly73
10-11-2009, 12:01 AM
Kashi is a brand name. They several varieties of thin-crust pizza that are fine for Phase 2, and are very good.

Are these found in the same place where you find the boboli(which I know are not SB friendly)? BTW what is the best pasta sauce if you buy it in a jar(if you need it quick) instead of making your own which I normally do.

HeaterAS
10-11-2009, 11:10 AM
I think I'm going to attempt that cauliflower pizza today for dinner.

murphmitch
10-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Are these found in the same place where you find the boboli(which I know are not SB friendly)? BTW what is the best pasta sauce if you buy it in a jar(if you need it quick) instead of making your own which I normally do.

The Kashi thin crust pizzas are in the freezer case. At one store I shop at they are in the healthfood section only. I only use the thin crust ones, as Kashi makes several types of pizza. The Roasted Vegetable one is very good.

For pasta sauce you have to look for one that has no added sugar. I use the Classico brand, but even some of theirs have added sugar. The Tomato & Basil one that I buy has NSA. Hunt's makes a NSA one also. Just read your labels.

Thighs Be Gone
10-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Well, I have beans in the crockpot today.

This morning we had crockpot buckwheat groats for breakfast--with apples, cinnamon and crushed almonds. It was seriously good. I poured honey all over my hubbys--Splenda on mine.

My ultimate Fall meal will be my "dinner in a pumpkin." Its basically ground turkey, rice, tomato sauce, onion and shredded onion. You season it and put it all inside a pumpkin and cook it for 2 hours or so.

murphmitch
10-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Tonight we had grilled chicken breasts, steamed broccoli, acorn squash, sauteed onions, bell peppers & grape tomatoes.

CyndiM
10-12-2009, 07:11 AM
To celebrate our first hard frost :brr: I'm making pumpkin black bean chili in the crockpot

cottagebythesea
10-12-2009, 07:32 AM
To celebrate our first hard frost :brr: I'm making pumpkin black bean chili in the crockpot

That sounds like a great idea for my supper tonight, too! :D

Ruthxxx
10-12-2009, 07:53 AM
Thinking of doing something with spaghetti squash, black beans and Swiss chard.

KO
10-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Made the Spag Squash pie last night definitely a repeat performer
Cyn Post the Pumpkins Black bean Please!!!

JerseyGirrl
10-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Going to TRY to make a pumpkin alfredo sauce over whole wheat penne tossed with some steamed string beans and maybe cauliflower.

beachgal
10-12-2009, 03:57 PM
For a great Pumpkin/Black Bean recipe, check out the Pumpkin-Black Bean Soup (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/soups-stews-phase-2/153057-pumpkin-black-bean-soup.html#post2390520)recipe in the forum. It's fantastic and super-easy!

Tonight I'm going out on a limb: I'm going to use some bottled curry simmer sauce with chicken, homegrown carrots, and broccoli and delicata squash from our CSA over brown rice.

Tomorrow night is Turkey Picadillo (http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=522008)sandwiches on whole wheat with Creamy Celeriac Soup (http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1924708) (I'll mess with this a bit--WW croutons, WW flour, and 1/4 cup of 1/2 n 1/2 with 1/4 cup 1% milk), both from Cooking Light.

Wednesday: Turkish Carrots and Lentils (Zeytinyagli HavuÁ) (http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1924681) from Cooking Light and boneless pork chops with 5 Spice rub.

Thursday is Black-Eyed Peas with Swiss Chard (http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1031683)from Cooking Light, to which we'll add some turkey smoked sausage.

Friday is Slow-Cooked Italian Sausage Agrodolce (https://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&productId=675668&catalogId=10002&krypto=QJrbAudPd0vzXUGByeatog%3D%3D&ddkey=https:OrderItemDelete) from the Wegman's Menu magazine (made with turkey sausage)

sophie
10-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Laurie, thanks for giving recipes along with your menu for the week.

Tonight vegetarian chili

take care
Sophie

CyndiM
10-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Tonight (assuming I make it out of here early enough to make dinner) is sauteed Italian peppers with mushrooms & sausage Gimme Lean. Might be the last time we have those until next summer.

Laurie - thanks for posting that recipe. I don't even pretend to have a recipe for chili. Usually it's just whatever I have in the cupboards and fridge with the right spices :) It's really a clean the fridge recipe in our house. I'm definitely adding a couple of those links to my recipes to try. thanks!

cottagebythesea
10-14-2009, 08:49 PM
I didn't get home until almost 7 tonight, so I'm thankful that I roasted up some veggies this morning. I had some roasted cauliflower, delicata squash, and portobello mushrooms slices with the last of the Swiss chard & spaghetti squash casserole.

JerseyGirrl
10-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Cottage....Sorry if I sound like I live in a bubble, but what is delicata squash? I don't think I've ever seen it or heard of it but I love all things squash.

Lexxiss
10-15-2009, 08:50 PM
We're having an egg casserole inspired by Kalyn's Kitchen website. I've added ham, zucchini, onions, roasted anaheim peppers, a little cheese and salsa.

Of course, served with a large salad filled with fresh veggies.

CyndiM
10-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Next week is our last CSA pickup :( Tonight we had baby bok choi with tofu and roasted broccoli and cauliflower

murphmitch
10-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Melissa, this is a picture of delicata squash:

murphmitch
10-15-2009, 09:59 PM
No time for making supper, so my "go to" meal:

Cup of beans (Anasazi, yum), Rotel tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Very tasty!

cottagebythesea
10-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Cottage....Sorry if I sound like I live in a bubble, but what is delicata squash? I don't think I've ever seen it or heard of it but I love all things squash.

Thanks for putting up that picture of the delicata squash, Anne! Melissa, it tastes very similar to acorn squash, and the skin is tender enough to eat, too. I look forward to them every Fall.

I just wasn't in the mood for my planned veggie curry when I got home at 8 tonight, so I had a bowl of Kashi Go Lean with toasted almonds and almond milk for supper.

JerseyGirrl
10-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Thank you for the pic Anne!
Thank you for the info Cottage!

I think I have seen them before at a farmers market. I'll have to give it a try.

cottagebythesea
10-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Tonight's supper is going to be 13-Bean Soup with homemade 9-Grain Bread. With a mug or two of hot Pa. Dutch spiced apple wine, it adds up to a yummy meal. :)

CyndiM
10-17-2009, 11:34 AM
I promised Julie the spaghetti squash deep dish thing, maybe with a side of sauteed kale.

Tomorrow night I'm trying a lentil & kidney bean dal in the crockpot.

CyndiM
10-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Okay, I can't believe I never made the spaghetti squash thing. It was a big hit here. I added some good garlic powder and basil to the squash mix and topped with sauteed peppers, mushrooms, veggie pepperoni and rf cheese. yum. Thanks Schmoodle!

Lexxiss
10-17-2009, 10:35 PM
I can't believe you never made it, either! What's nice is you can modify a zillion ways.

We're making our own personal pizzas on Ezekial tortillas..salad...and I'll splurge for a diet coke.

cottagebythesea
10-17-2009, 10:55 PM
And I can't believe you've never tried it before, either!

We had leftover bean soup and the last of the homemade bread with SF pumpkin butter for supper. It tasted even better today than it did yesterday. :)

cottagebythesea
10-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Sunday dinner is going to be Butternut Squash Lasagna with a big salad, and SBD-friendly apple crisp for dessert.

SunshineCA
10-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Thawed out a whole chicken last night. I'm not sure what I'm going to prepare just yet. There will be a salad and broccoli or Surprise South Beached Mashed "Potatoes". Sugar-Free Jell-O will also be available for dessert.

murphmitch
10-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Huge red bell peppers stuffed with lean ground turkey, black beans, onions, garlic & NSA pasta sauce. Also zucchini, grape tomatoes and cauliflower roasted in a little olive oil with fresh Parmesan on top.

Lexxiss
10-18-2009, 08:04 PM
You have all motivated me to do something different tonight. I have pulled 1/2 a chicken out of the freezer and will stick it in the post with Baked Rice from our recipe section. ..a large veggie salad topped w/ fresh tomatoes and SF Pumpkin Pudding for dessert.

Thanks for all the ideas.

CyndiM
10-18-2009, 08:05 PM
The crockpot dal was very tasty but had issues with liquid. Not sure if it's the recipe or my crockpot but after 5 hours it seriously needed more water and was sticking. The taste was good though and very filling served over the baked brown rice.

CyndiM
10-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Red beans and rice with cabbage and peppers (I haven't worked out all the details but I've formed a plan ;) )

Ruthxxx
10-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Small steak with mushrooms, baked butternut squash and Swiss chard. I was going to BBQ the steak and do grilled veggies but I'm too tired and cold and it's getting dark earlier and earlier. I refuse to cook with a flashlight in one hand!

cottagebythesea
10-19-2009, 07:45 PM
I had the last of the 15-Bean soup for my supper. Yum, yum! :T

Lexxiss
10-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Leftovers-last nights dinner plus Cauliflower Smashed Potatoes.

sophie
10-20-2009, 07:42 PM
a big spinach salad with 2 hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, red onion and raspberries with a vinaigrette dressing. Delicious.
take care
Sophie

Lexxiss
10-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Sophie, Spinach Salad is one of my favorites.

I just cooked up a big pot of black beans. I'm going to mix beans, buffalo, onions and a small amount of brown rice. I bake them in individual au gratin dishes with green chile sauce topped with half an Ezekial tortilla and bit more sauce. I serve with sliced lettuce and it satisfies my mexican food fetish without all the added cheese.

I then have my beans all cooked for the following week.

cottagebythesea
10-20-2009, 09:35 PM
I had a "kitchen sink" veggie salad with just a drizzle of Ranch dressing over it, followed by a helping of SF apple crisp.

CyndiM
10-20-2009, 10:13 PM
The last komatsuna of the season with tahini lemon soy dressing and garlic portabello burgers.

murphmitch
10-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Chicken Parmesan with steamed cauliflower and zucchini

strega*luna
10-21-2009, 09:41 AM
recipe courtesy of Kalyn's Kitchen, posted on my blog as well. :)

Baked white fish with Onions, Peppers, Olives, and Feta
(Makes 2-3 servings, recipe created by Kalyn.)

2 or 3 medium-sized Tilapia filets
(for best results, use fish that is uniformly thick)
1/2 T olive oil (or less, depending on your pan)
1/2 cup very finely diced red pepper
1/4 cup very finely diced red onion (or sweet white onion)
1/4 cup very finaly diced green olives
1/3 cup crumbled feta (or less if you're not wild about feta)
1-2 T mayo or lite mayo (do not use fat free)

Preheat oven to 425. Spray small glass or ceramic casserole dish with nonstick spray.

Heat olive oil in nonstick frying pan and saute red pepper and onion about 3 minutes. Add olives and saute about 2 minutes more. Turn off heat.

Put fish in casserole dish and season with salt and pepper. Spread a small amount of mayo evenly over the surface of each piece of fish. Stir feta into red pepper/onion/olive mixture and spread that over the top of fish. (Pile it on so all the mixture is used. It doesn't matter if some falls off while it's cooking.)

Bake until fish is opaque and white throughout and topping is barely starting to brown, 10-15 minutes. The mayo and the topping will keep the fish moist. Serve hot.

sophie
10-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Hubby requested potato pancakes with sour cream.. I will make tilapia fish for myself and some veggies but since its Friday will enjoy my glass of wine.
take care
Sophie

meelsie
10-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Today I feel horrible- think i'm getting a cold- I was planning on eating my leftover steak and vegies from last night and having a go at the cauliflower mash, but I think I need some spicy chicken soup! I'm running short on time tonight as i'm off to a birthday party.
I had a little miso soup last night and that made me feel alot better so maybe i'll just have that on top of the other stuff....
And some cold and flu mix to get me through this party tonight, ugk!

strega*luna
10-23-2009, 06:00 PM
yummy!!

murphmitch
10-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Chili made with black beans & ground lean turkey with a little RF shredded Mexican cheese and a dollop of RF sour cream

CyndiM
10-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Trying Spicy Fall Stew in a Pumpkin, http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/10829?utm_source=MyVegetarianTimes&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=mvt148
using beans in place of hominy and added crumbles for protein. Oh and a buttercup squash instead because I couldn't find a pumpkin the right size :)

Lexxiss
10-24-2009, 05:12 PM
I have a pumpkin the right size...

We're going to the movies so I think we'll have curried split pea soup with our usual (and favorite) salad.

cottagebythesea
10-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Cyndi, so how was the Spicy Pumpkin Stew? It sounds really good.

I had butternut squash soup with a can of cannellini beans pureed into it.

sophie
10-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Thai Red Curry Beef but we used pork tenderloin instead. Hubby cooked but I made the brown rice. Oh yea, it calls for coconut milk, I used lite and had only a few tablespoons of the sauce.
take care
Sophie

CyndiM
10-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Debbie - The challenge was finding a pie pumpkin the right size. The buttercup squash was perfect and kind of cute :)

Cottage - I think next time I would leave the crumbles out. I used black eyed peas in place of the hominy. Being me I'd also double the spices. It was fun though and the mixed squash and the stew together was good. We have lots of leftover squash.

murphmitch
10-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Salsa chicken with black beans

cottagebythesea
10-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the review, Cyndi. I'm going to make it one day this week, and I'll double up on the spices. But instead of tomatillos, I'm going to use plain old chopped tomatoes and toss in a zucchini.

CyndiM
10-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Tonight it's sauteed bok choi with tofu over brown rice

Lexxiss
10-25-2009, 08:22 PM
BBQ Chicken, cauliflower smashed potatoes and salad.

cottagebythesea
10-25-2009, 10:28 PM
I made the macaroni & cheese recipe from Kalyn's Kitchen, with stewed tomatoes and a salad. :T

Lexxiss
10-25-2009, 10:34 PM
I made the macaroni & cheese recipe from Kalyn's Kitchen, with stewed tomatoes and a salad. :T

Would you make any changes to her recipe? What did you think of the buttermilk?

weezle
10-25-2009, 10:44 PM
This week:

Refried Bean Soup
Spinach, Mushroom, and Mozzarella Supreme
Better-Than-Meat Loaf

Salads and veggie sides, as appropriate.

murphmitch
10-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Pork tenderloin with baked sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli & cauliflower.

CyndiM
10-26-2009, 07:03 AM
Tonight I'm making that fritatta I didn't get to last week with a side of butternut fries

cottagebythesea
10-26-2009, 07:45 AM
Would you make any changes to her recipe? What did you think of the buttermilk?

Deb, the only change I'd make the next time is to perhaps add a little skim milk to the buttermilk to thin it down. My buttermilk was thick, and it made the casserole a wee bit on the dry side. I like my mac and cheese a little creamier, with a nice crispy crust. It was still very good, though, especially topped with the stewed tomatoes. I'm looking forward to leftovers for tonight's supper.

cottagebythesea
10-26-2009, 07:47 PM
I ended up having the mac & cheese for lunch, so tonight's supper was butternut squash soup with pureed beans stirred into it, and a Gardenburger Portobello burger patty.

Lexxiss
10-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks, Cottage, for the suggestions. I have Kalyn's Mac and Cheese in the oven right now...with a fresh vegetable, lettuce and tomato salad.

beachgal
10-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Here's the recipe for a soup I made last week. It was SO good that we both nearly collapsed in ecstasy. Really. :o Plus, it's enormously filling!

Enjoy: Lentil Soup with Balsamic-Roasted Winter Vegetables (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/soups-stews-phase-2/185262-lentil-soup-balsamic-roasted-winter-vegetables.html#post2990738)

Lexxiss
10-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Tonight it's leftover Mac and Cheese, but I've just made a gigantic more vegies less lettuce salad. I can't wait and will keep the dressing simple.

Lexxiss
10-28-2009, 04:29 PM
It was SO good that we both nearly collapsed in ecstasy. Really. :o

Wow! Sounds like a must try!! I've been eating really great stuff but haven't had that effect! Thanks!

weezle
10-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Date night tonight, so avoiding the Refried Bean Soup....

Gonna be a Morningstar Farms Griller with pepperjack cheese, and a vegetable side.

CyndiM
10-28-2009, 07:14 PM
The dangers of getting Kalyn's emails, I couldn't resist the roasted squash and sausage. I'm using lightlife Smart Sausages which have enough fat to cook well in recipes like this one. There will be sauteed cabbage on the side

cottagebythesea
10-28-2009, 08:24 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing your reviews on that dish, Cyndi! I get those emails, too. ;)

Laurie, I'm definitely going to try your soup recipe this weekend! :)

I just had a salad with tons of vegetables, topped with chopped avocado and tamari roasted chickpeas, and a side of roasted cauliflower.

CyndiM
10-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Cottage - We enjoyed it. It was very simple and had a comfort food feel. I think it will be on the regular winter rotation.

murphmitch
10-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Leftover stuffed peppers with ricotta creme for dessert. I saved my 2 tbs. of almond butter to mix in with the ricotta. Yummy!

beachgal
10-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Amazing pizzas...not to mention super easy! Pear, Walnut & Gorgonzola Pizzas (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-2/185407-pear-walnut-gorgonzola-pizzas.html#post2993599)

Lexxiss
11-09-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm glad I went back to find our thread. I'm going to try the pear and gorgenzola pizzas tomorrow night. I saw the cutest little individual WW pitas last week and didn't buy them-think I'll substitute feta since I already have lots.

Tonight:
Chicken, Mushroom and Wild Rice Casserole
Green Beans with slivered almonds
Green salad-I bought sprouts for a topping treat

CyndiM
11-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I made an autumn minestrone (combined several recipes into my own concoction ;) ) and portabello burgers

EmmaD
11-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Hi! I periodically check in here for menu inspiration... Maybe I'll actually start posting some ;)

Tonight was red beans & brown rice, Tofurkey kielbasa and steamed collard greens - all in one bowl
Roasted asparagus and carrots on the side
Dessert: nonfat plain yogurt with pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and a splash of caramel DaVinci sugar free syrup

EmmaD
11-15-2009, 11:38 PM
Looking for some inspiration this week...

Tonight was homemade split pea soup with soy bacon and persillade (parsley from the garden with fresh garlic and red wine vinegar) on top
Tomato salad - the last of the garden :(
Cabbage salad - just cabbage with apple vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper

murphmitch
11-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Peppercorn pork tenderloin, sweet potatoes with cinnamon, roasted zucchini & grape tomatoes in olive oil, sauteed onions and mushrooms. Lots of veggies fill you up!

sophie
11-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Starting to get back into the swing of things, - vegetarian chili today.
take care
Sophie

Ruthxxx
11-16-2009, 05:33 PM
I have a pork tenderloin to glaze and roast. I'll have it with acorn squash and some stir fried peppers.

CyndiM
11-16-2009, 07:56 PM
cabbage cooked with some turnips & carrots (garlic, fennel seeds, smoked paprika), topped with soy dogs (they steam while the veggies cook. everything takes on similar flavors)

cottagebythesea
11-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Roasted cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, grape tomatoes and chickpeas and 1/2 a baked acorn squash topped with ICBINB spray and a drizzle of agave.

KO
11-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Balsamic Chicken Brussels and Quinoa
need to get healthy again!

EmmaD
11-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Tonight was salmon baked with a balsamic glaze - not sure if it is the same recipe as someone else here posted, but it was delicious (sauteed garlic with balsamic vinegar, a splash of white wine and Dijon mustard)
Roasted asparagus
Half a sweet potato for me (mashed Yukon gold potatoes for the family)
Steamed broccoli, just because I had to use it up

CyndiM
11-17-2009, 07:19 AM
Tonight is bok choi with roasted tofu, season the whole mess with sesame oil and soy sauce. It's good over rice but since I'm P1 this week I will skip that.

cottagebythesea
11-17-2009, 08:03 AM
I'm putting on a pot of Fireside White Bean & Sausage Soup for tonight, made with Tofurky Italian sausage. One of my faves! :T

Lexxiss
11-18-2009, 08:34 PM
We're having Kashi pizza and salad

I finally found a SF hot apple cider mix at the store today...I'm sipping right now.

CyndiM
11-18-2009, 08:48 PM
It's CSA day so I'm in total veggie mode - sauteed kale (so good this time of year, doesn't need anything else), delicata rings, and steamed kale with a soy dog for protein.

sophie
11-18-2009, 09:08 PM
I was going to have veggie chili but instead had -
roasted chicken brushed with hot wing sauce, sauteed yellow pepper, mushrooms and zucchini and 1 tablespoon of whole wheat couscous (I put raisins and walnuts in for hubby). Sure feels good to be on plan.
take care
Sophie

murphmitch
11-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Taco Bake leftovers with lots of veggies and a little lite sour cream on top, apple & almond butter for dessert.

EmmaD
11-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Time to clean out the fridge = Leftover night!
Homemade split pea soup
Sauteed kale
1/2 sweet potato
Grilled shrimp
Green salad with hard boiled egg

That's a bit random :D

murphmitch
11-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Green and red bell peppers stuffed with ground turkey, onion, tomato paste, mushrooms and black beans, topped with LF grated cheese.

grneyedmustang
11-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Tilapia Citronette (thanks Trader Joe's), Brown Rice, and a broccoli slaw salad.

BellaLucia
11-19-2009, 10:17 PM
I had salmon and tomatoes, muy muy delicioso!

cottagebythesea
11-19-2009, 10:30 PM
I had a Dannon Light & Fit yogurt and an apple for my supper on-the-run tonight. Maybe not the best choice, but it was better than the other alternatives.

Lexxiss
11-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Late night here, too. We're having Alaska Salmon patties and salad.

sophie
11-20-2009, 07:48 PM
salmon with broccoli and a big salad
take care
Sophie

CyndiM
11-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Last night we had the black bean pumpkin soup with veggie chipotle sausages and italian broccoli.

Tonight I'm making this, http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/crockpot-slow-cooker-phase-i/156862-african-inspired-crockpot-chili-lentil-peanut-butter-stew.html for the first time since early spring. It's definitely soup season :) I think I'll saute some kale on the side.

murphmitch
11-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Sun-dried tomato pork tenderloin with butternut squash and steamed broccoli.

grneyedmustang
11-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Tonight is Behihana Style SBD friendly Hibachi Chicken and Broccoli Slaw Salad.

Xan
11-22-2009, 10:24 PM
I had Beach Gal's lentil soup (stew) with winter vegetables -- it was very good, but more chopping than I'm used to doing.

Lexxiss
11-23-2009, 03:49 AM
I had Beach Gal's lentil soup (stew) with winter vegetables -- it was very good, but more chopping than I'm used to doing.

Call it exercise! :rofl:

Xan
11-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Absolutely. That wasn't a complaint,, just a note. It doesn't help that my kitchen was built in the 1950s, and the counter height is, I'm sure, perfect if you're 5'3. At 5'8, it's very uncomfortable!

CyndiM
11-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Gypsy Soup and veggie burgers

CyndiM
11-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Tempeh Teriyaki with roasted teriyaki veggies over brown rice, cup of curried carrot soup

murphmitch
11-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Chicken marinated in Caesar dressing and grilled, roasted zucchini, peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms.

Heidi58
11-28-2009, 08:57 PM
chicken marinated in salsa verde, quinoa and steamed broccoli and carrots

CyndiM
11-28-2009, 09:48 PM
If anyone is looking for a teriyaki marinade recipe this one, http://www.madhavasagave.com/RecipeDetail.aspx?RecipeID=39, worked well. I roasted veggies and poured the marinade over them about 10 minutes before we ate and served everything over brown rice.

Gumby007
11-29-2009, 12:28 AM
I had lean steak with pinto beans and zuc and eggplant mmm

CyndiM
12-04-2009, 07:05 AM
Spaghetti squash with loaded sauce - Gimme Lean, eggplant, zuke, mushrooms, peppers and some beans

cottagebythesea
12-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Last night's supper was spaghetti squash pie, loaded with roasted veggies. :drool:
Tonight will be Chickpea & Broccoli Casserole and a green salad.

Cyndi, Gypsy Soup?

CyndiM
12-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Cottage - it's an original Moosewood recipe, http://www.ivu.org/recipes/soup/gypsy.html
My favorite kind of recipe - very flexible and easy. I like the slightly different spice mix.

Heidi58
12-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Cyndi, that sounds great - and I'm up to my ears in squash this Autumn. (It's one of the few things that grew really well in our garden over the cold, rainy summer.)
Thanks for the link. :)

Heidi58
12-04-2009, 06:12 PM
oops - forgot to post my dinner. :P

Broiled haddock, baked acorn squash and steamed green beans. Very yummy.

EmmaD
12-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Mediterranean lentil soup made in the crockpot
Spinach salad with Annie's Goddess dressing
Wedge of Spanish tortilla (yeah, there are some potatoes inside but so be it, I haven't had potatoes in ages... don't even really like them, but this tortilla was GOOD!)

CyndiM
12-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Heidi - I also made a version of this one, http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/soups-stews-phase-2/187536-autumn-minestrone-squash-kale.html#post3035076
Enjoy :)

CyndiM
12-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Tonight it's all healthy, low fat food after last night's rather decadent dinner out (not off plan but definitely way more fat then I use).
Italian lentil soup, roasted broccoli and homemade ww bread

Ruthxxx
12-06-2009, 06:00 PM
A pizza made on a small ww pizza with tomatoes sauce, lots of veggies and a wee bit or real cheese! Spinach salad.