Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2001, 04:54 AM   #1  

Hi all! I hope it's o.k. that I started a new thread. It was on page 2 and I didn't want my message to be missed. LOL I always miss the second pages. I MISSED ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!
Welcome back Zoe!!!!!
My vacation was great. We had trouble hooking up. The circuits were always busy.
We went out and had a great time New Years and just got back Sat. night. I got a size 12 outfit. It was so cool. My daughter would have loved to see Marc Anthony. She loves him. I'm so glad to hear that you all had a wonderful time this Holiday. I can't wait to catch up.
I haven't gotten on the scale yet. The clothes still seem to fit. I'm waiting til' I get rid of some of this water. I do feel bloated. Sat. will tell.
I MISSED YOU ALL!!!!!!! I can't stop saying it. I'm so glad to see you all are re-motivated!!!! That is great! This is our year!
Congrats Myra on your holiday loss! That is super.
As far as any gains. They are in the past and now we concentrate on the future and we will get it done in 2001. Can't wait. I'm getting psyched again.
TTYL,
Terri
Old 01-08-2001, 07:01 AM   #2  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Welcome back Terri! We all missed you!

Myra
Old 01-08-2001, 07:43 AM   #3  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Evening Y'all ~

Well, I have now made it (almost) through 4 full days! It may seem like a small thing, only 4 days, but I'm looking at MINI goals these days.

Terri ~ glad your vacation was a good one. It feels really great to be back here again.

Dianne ~ How wonderful that you only gained 5 pounds! I think that's great! I wish my gain was that small but like you say, we're on our way to success. I wasn't too concerned about the 2 point decrease as much as I was that carrots and onions are no longer free!! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//crying.gif I've adjusted to the changes okay...so far.

Sorry not to address everyong personally but I've got to run. Hope you are all having great Sunday nights. I know that tomorrow is weigh in for most of you and I just KNOW you will all be weighing less! I will be posting Wednesday night.

------------------
Zoe ~ soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 01-08-2001, 07:44 AM   #4  

TERRI!!! Welcome back -- we all missed you very much. I was about to call the holiday police to locate you, LOL. Tell us all about your little vacation. Great to have you back.

Dianne

Old 01-08-2001, 09:10 AM   #5  
Queen of the Fresh Start

She's baaaack! Hi Terri! How nice to hear from you again. Hope your trip and your holidays were both great. And a size 12 outfit....whooee! As you can see, we've been a busy, growing group!

Dianne, that gain is behind you now, you're on your way down. I'm surprised that I'm not having too difficult of a time with the lower points range. It hasn't been that much of an issue with me. Of course, this lack of appetite is probably due to my cold.

My Dr. called me today, I had a bone density scan done and she gave me the results. My spine is great, I've got some thinning in my hip, but she's not concerned, doesn't attribute it to osteoporosis. She did urge me to walk on a regular basis, reminded me that it's the best way to build strong bones. Now that is one sure way to get me going....to have my Dr. tell me to exercise! No more excuses, I begin tomorrow.

Essie, Myra, Zoe, hi!

Let's all start this week with our heads held high, full steam ahead. We're smart, attractive, wonderful women on our way to success.

~Jen
Old 01-08-2001, 10:37 AM   #6  

I'm so glad to be back!!!!!!!!!!
Dianne that gain will be a distant memory, you will see. I've missed you. This is life and we will gain at times and as long as we know how to get it off we will be ahead of this game. You are doing great. A gain of 5 # would have set me back years ago and now I realize how silly that thinking is. You have a great attitude. I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time with your family.

Jen,
I hope you are o.k Isn't that the truth about a doctor's advice? I'm so glad you are a good listener. We want you to stay healthy. This is exciting being back here.
I'm glad your holiday went well. Hope the snow situation is stabilizing. It is pretty though. I miss it already. Hope we get a little bit here this winter. I missed you!!!

Myra,
I'm glad to be back. I'm so proud of you. This will be our year. Kiss your beautiful kitties for me. We might get a puppy this month. Missed you!!!!

Zoe,
Great attitude. We will meet our goals together. This will be fun.

Essie,
Hi girl. I will be on egroups everyday now too. Hope to see you there. Missed you too!!!

We went tubing (no skiing here) at 7 Springs ski resort in Pennsylvania. My BIL and his nephew went skiing and the rest went tubing. It was fun. We spent the day there.
The rest of the time we went visiting and partying a little and New Years we go to Oglebay Park at the Pine Room and they have a reception type party there every year. We go with my ex -SIL and her husband and my sister and her hubby and various other family members. We are the constant 6 that go and we have different people with us every yr. We had 10 couples this year. It was so much fun. We've been going for 12 years. FUN!!!! FUN!!!! When I was heavier I would wear the same outfit for like 3 yrs. in a row. This yr. it didn't fit. YEAH!!!!
I had to buy something new that I can get taken in. I will wear it next Christmas and buy a black, slinky mini dress next year for New Years. That is my goal. That would be a fantasy dress. This is the only night I dress to the nines each year. I will save up for it. LOL
I will read all the posts tomorrow. Can't wait to catch up.
Love y'all,
Terri
Old 01-09-2001, 04:56 AM   #7  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Zoe, you're doing very well in using mini goals.....4 days on program is great!

Terri, sounds as though you had a great time. The New Year's Eve must've been lots of fun.

Essie, where are you?

Took a walk today, it was pretty cold out! Had to walk in the street, as not everyone has shoveled their walks ....that's ok. I'm not ready to be a mall walker yet!

Weigh-in is tomorrow!

~Jen

Old 01-09-2001, 05:44 AM   #8  

Jen,
Yes, there is something about those words, MALL WALKER. My FIL is a mall walker. He got up every day at 7:00 and picked up his partner. He loves it. Maybe in about 20 yrs.
It is probably a great place to meet people. They have parties and everything. It is wild.
Good luck at your weigh-in.
Terri
Old 01-09-2001, 07:28 AM   #9  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Evening Y'all ~

Ok everyone, I have almost made it through day #5 ~ a pretty big accomplishment for me lately. I drank 60 ounces of water while at work today and have another 20 ounce bottle here from dinner and for the rest of the night. I think I'm on a roll here. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif

Jen ~ I like your statement.....we're smart, attractive and wonderful....yes, we are!!! Good luck on the start of your exercising tomorrow. Walking is great and a really good form of exercise.....this coming from someone who HATE it all.

Terri ~ I love your goal of the black, slinky mini. I have a goal too, of going to the company Christmas party (which is formal to semi-formal) in a short dress with a slit up the side. ha!! Christmas 2001 will be the year!!

I hope everyone is staying OP ~ and to those who weighed in today, hope you were a real "loser".

have a great night.....

------------------
Zoe ~ soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 01-09-2001, 04:28 PM   #10  

Hi all,

I'm getting ready for work but just wanted to drop in & say hi. Been a little under the weather the past 2 days. Had some family problems that I can't help fix like I usually try to do so I was feeling a little down about that. Today will be a better day. I'll be back later.

Have a great day.
Love you all,
Essie
Old 01-09-2001, 07:53 PM   #11  
Lifetimer

Essie, Sorry you've been going through a hard time. Things have to get better. I'm sure today will be a better day.

Myra
Old 01-09-2001, 11:01 PM   #12  

Me again
Thanks for your support Myra.

I only worked 1/2 day today. Feels good being home. There's 2 of my coworkers that know me so well that they can pick up when something is wrong. The minute one of them looked at my face this morning she asked me if everything was alright. I said I wasn't feeling well which isn't a lie cause I had such a headache this morning. Being here makes me feel so good. I can tell you guys just about anything. If it's something really personal to know I can e-mail you helps alot.

So how's everyone doing? I have to get back to my routine. A coworker asked me to join LA Weightloss with her I told her I wouldn't join because I know once I stop, the weight will just come back. She says WW is too slow. She has alot to lose but she doesn't try hard enough. Her sister lost 30 lbs on LA Weightloss in a short time. I'm tired of trying different ways to lose weight. The basics is what works. WW & exercise is the best way to go

Well ladies, I'll be back this evening.

Be good

[This message has been edited by livingfit426 (edited 01-09-2001).]
Old 01-10-2001, 01:06 AM   #13  

Hi guys:

Thanks for your support on the 5 lb. gain. I'm definitely back on track and doing good so far. I was complaining about the loss of 2 pts. a day and yesterday, I wound up saving 3 pts. - go figure, LOL.

Essie -- I'm sorry to hear things aren't going so well. If there's anything I can do or if you just want to talk, please don't hesitate to let me know or e-mail me, whatever. I hope things start looking up soon.

Terri -- Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. That tubing sounds like lots of fun. Glad to have you back where you belong.
Don't we all sound so motivated? It really is a fresh new start!

Jen -- I was laughing thinking of you 20 years from now mall-walking, LOL. Just think, if we all lived close to each other we could join a mall-walking group! Hope you are feeling all better now.

Zoe -- I think your mini goal idea is terrific. I'm on a "one day at a time" routine. So far, so good. It I look to far ahead I will be overwhelmed. What ever works, right?

Myra -- Hope you are doing well.

Talk to you all soon.

Dianne
Old 01-10-2001, 02:18 AM   #14  
Lifetimer

Essie, you got your head on straight. Slow and steady and healthy wins the race. I hope things are going better. If you need to talk, please e-mail me.

I've had a bit of a hard week this week. I basically stayed OP but I ate out a lot, didn't exercise as much as usual (it was hard since I've been stuck at home without a car so no gym) and the stress level here has been very high. My DH has been really on edge because of things going on at work and that makes it tough at home as well. The bottom line is I'm really nervous about what the scale will say Thurs. nite (my DH promised to take me to my meeting. I really need to go). Wish me luck.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

Myra
Old 01-10-2001, 02:38 AM   #15  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Looks like what is needed here is a group hug.......Essie, Myra, hang in there. We care about you.

Zoe, you must be floating! Good job on the water. I've never exercised regularly, but the walking is something that's do-able. I still haven't figured out if I hate to exercise, or just haven't found the right routine, place, partner, etc. I did find out last year that I like using weights for toning; that's one of my goals, to resume that.

Essie, you're so right about WW being the best way to go. And as far as exercise goes, you're our diva! Tell your friend that weight loss is never quick...we didn't gain it overnight. Hope you're doing okay.

Dianne, sounds like you're right where you should be. Taking it one day at a time is what is working for me this time around. We can do this! I wish we did live closer, the company would be good.

Myra, keep your chin up. You're on the right path, regardless of what the scale may show this week. Being determined to go and weigh in is a real show of strength. Good luck!

Now for my good news...my weigh-in was this morning, I lost 4.8 pounds http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//spinning.gif
I've really been struggling for the past year, and am relieved that I finally went back to WW. I feel great, both physically and mentally, even after only one week. And I'm so grateful that I have all of you for support.

Have a wonderful evening!

~Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenny523 (edited 01-09-2001).]
Closed Thread