Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Are any of these affordable?

View Full Version : Are any of these affordable?

want2Bthin
04-07-2009, 03:30 AM
doomed to be fat and ugly forever :(

rainy
04-07-2009, 07:44 AM
What I can tell you about being a picky eater is tastes may change while you are on a diet because you get to learn different ways of cooking and seasoning food.
I used to hate asparagus, now you wonder what I'm eating right now? Asparagus, lol. And I like it too, but it's way different from how I was used to have it. remember that different cooking methods and different seasonings chemically change the taste of many foods so, it's all to try.

kaplods
04-07-2009, 08:21 AM
One person's "cheap" is another person's "outrageous," so it's impossible to say if any are affordable for you or not. Nutrisystem is about the cheapest one out there - about $70 a week or more (they sometimes run specials, and/or partial week packages. Check the prices both at the nutrisystem and qvc websites).

Being able to pick and choose your meals is a perk that most meal delivery services do not offer - and when it's available, it's a perk you will pay dearly for (the programs with the most "choice" are generally the most expensive). For example, the cheapest plan Nutrisystem offers allows little or no choice.

Nutrisystem is all shelf-stable food, dehydrated and/or canned products. The grocery store equivalent would be Hormel chili or Spaghettios in the little microwave cups, instant cup-o-soup, granola bars..... The only fresh food is the vegetables, milk and fruit you need to purchase yourself. Because you need to add your own vegetables, milk, and fruit - I don't know that Nutrisystem is any cheaper than Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating - the next cheapest meal plan I've ever found (provided you are near a distribution center and can pick up your own food - if you need it delivered it becomes one of the most expensive plans). Prices seem to average about $110 to $150 a week in IL and WI.

Seattle Sutton's is all "fresh" food, but there is absolutely no choice to the program at all - you get what they give you. The fruit is sometimes rather unripe, and some fruits will not ripen once they've been refrigerated. You do have to add your own milk, 2 servings daily, but everything else is included. Their menus are on a four week cycle, I believe and are all on the website.

kelly315
04-07-2009, 08:32 AM
have you tried calorie counting, if you're worried about price and not being able to eat what you want? It's a good alternative.

klc
04-07-2009, 09:43 AM
When you look at the cost of these plans, be sure to figure in shipping costs. As kaplods pointed out with the SSHE example, it can make a huge difference. eDiets (fresh delivery) is running a 'free shipping for life' special, which makes it on the inexpensive side (99 for 5 day, 139 for 7). You can pick your meals. You supply 2 fruits and 3 milks a day.

WormwoodDoll
04-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Like Kelly, I'd suggest calorie counting. You can cook meals that you love (just healthier modifications of them). It's all about portion control and moderation. I still eat cake and candies on occasion and they fit into my diet. I can go out to eat as long as I plan ahead and pick from the healthiest things on the menu. I still eat lots of breads and pastas. I personally think it's the best for the long haul. I wouldn't be able to go for years without bread, pasta, or some junk food sometimes. With calorie counting, you could eat junk all day as long as you stayed within your limit, but I wouldn't advise that. You want to eat as healthy as possible.

want2Bthin
04-07-2009, 03:06 PM

harrismm
04-07-2009, 06:27 PM
I dont know how you can eat 3 meals a day for 2-3 dollars but let us know!!

kaplods
04-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Four years ago, when our financial situation was at it's worst, my husband and I found ways to eat on $50 to $80 each month for the two of us (sometimes less so about $1.50 per day for each of us). Sadly, we didn't lose any weight, because the cheapest foods are high in carbohydrate and fat.

The secret, thrift websites and books (mostly borrowed from the library, but a few worth buying from garage sales and amazon.com "The Tightwad Gazette," "Good Cheap Food," "The TVP Cookbook," and several cookbooks on thrifty eating that I bought in thrift stores).

I'm currently writing a book on eating healthy on a tight budget. Not everyone would be interested in some of the things we did and still do, but there are often many ways to cut a food budget in half without much effort. The simplest tip is to buy in season and if you can avoid it, don't pay for others to do work you can do yourself (like buying whole celery rather than celery hearts - heats more expensive than whole celery and one cut can turn a head of celery into a celery heart - only cutting off the leaf ends, and voila instant heart).

Some of the things we still do -

learn to like cabbage, carrots, and celery and other cheap vegetables
learn to clean and chop vegetables
buy what's cheapest
learn to like tvp - it's 1/4 the price of cheap ground beef, and it's so low in fat and calorie that even if you don't like it "straight," you can combine it with the cheapest grind of "real" beef and create a mixture that has a similar calorie and fat content to 95-98% ground beef, chicken or turkey - for less than the price per serving of 70% lean ground beef.

Shop around. Shop the discount stores (Aldi's and Walmart), and unconventional stores (the dollar store, ethnic groceries, even health food stores - which are more expensive for some things, but cheaper on some).

Buy in bulk, if you have the space. Ethnic groceries can save you a lot of money on condiments, rice, and some produce. Cook in bulk, and freeze in a way you can scoop and use (For rice, pasta, beans, and ground beef/tvp mixture - I cook and then freeze in a ziploc bag or tupperware container and shake and "smoosh" so that as it freezes, it freezes in small chunks that can be scooped out for future recipes).

Buy only the basic condiments, and make the rest yourself (with oil, vinegar, catsup, mustard, mayonaise, sour cream and seasonings, you can make a wide variety of salad dressings, and dips).

If you have access to a farmer's market, produce is often cheaper than the grocery. Often, even if the prices are comparable, since the farmer's market produce is fresher, it lasts longer and there's less waste.Shop early in the day (best choice) or just before closing (some vendors will make deals, so they don't have to lug everything home). Also, be VERY friendly to the vendors, and compliment their wares, and just be nice. They don't owe you "free stuff," but many will throw in extras to good customers.

Know which foods keep indefinitely (even though a box of pasta or a can of vegetables may have a buy by date, if properly stored it doesn't actually "expire.")

learn to make soup (we buy a rotisserie chicken at Walmart for under $5, it's usually only $1 more than a whole chicken). We have one meal for both of us off of the chicken, sometimes we even get a sandwhich or two the next day, and I make soup off the carcass. If we eat all of the "easy-to-reach" meat off of the chicken, I'll freeze the carcass and make stock for soup only after I have two or three carcasses (I can make one huge pot of soup). If there's a good amount of meat left on the bird, I'll make soup with just one carcass. To make the stock, I add the root end of the celery and the leaves, cabbage cores, and the outer layers, including the skin of the onion (but not the root itself, which I shave off thinly), and a whole, unpeeled carrot. By not peeling the stock veggies, and using the parts of the veggies we normally wouldn't otherwise eat, I get "more" out of the veggies.

Most people don't realize that you can eat very well on very little money, but you've got to make it a very serious "hobby." It's not a whole extra job, but it does take time and effort - not nearly as much time as you think it might, if you develop a "system."

For example, we still start our shopping at a buy out store (like a private Big Lots). On canned veggies we save about 75%. Snack foods can be up to 90% of the retail price, so you've got to be able to "pass" on good deals that aren't healthy. On pastas and other shelf stable products, we save 50% or more. On health food and gourmet products we can save up to 80% or more. The biggest problem is that you can't shop from a list, because the store gets in what they get in. Then we go to an asian grocery for soy sauce, vinegar, fish sauce and some veggies. Bean sprouts, cilantro, bok choy, cabbage, and eggplant are often much cheaper than in the regular grocery - or come in much bigger packages. Fish sauce is inexpensive, comes in a large bottle, and lasts forever, and I use it in asian dishes and in place of worcesteshire sauce. Rice is cheap, if you buy it in the 25 lb bags. Gourmet soy sauce comes in a quart bottle at the price of 12 ounces in the regular grocery. Rice wine vinegar is inexpensive, especially if you buy the large quart or gallan size, and is as mild and delicious at the same price as a small bottle of "champagne vinegar."

Then we go to the health food store for tvp. We get the Sunday paper once a month and go to stores for the "loss leaders," the sale items that are designed to lure you into the store with the hope you'll buy a lot more when you get there.

want2Bthin
04-07-2009, 09:37 PM

Thighs Be Gone
04-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Want2B, you can calorie count on that amount of money. There are lots of easy whole food recipes that aren't difficult or time consuming to prepare. It really is about priorities.

want2Bthin
04-07-2009, 09:56 PM

kaplods
04-07-2009, 10:23 PM
If you're not already getting your medications at Sam's or Walmart, or another pharmacy with a large $4 list - consider the switch. When I went onto Medicare, we had to switch our prescriptions to Sam's Club and have the doctor switch most of my meds to similar meds that were on the $4 list. I'm only on a few medications that aren't on the $4 list (and I get a 3 month supply, because most of the $4 meds are $10 for a 3 month supply). My only expensive medication is one that my doctor often will give me enough samples to make it to my next appointment.

I know from my last post, it sounds like I do a lot of cooking, but I really don't, at least not in the winter, when I tend to have more flares of my health problems.

Once a month I cook a large batch of beans (I cook them in my large crockpot, overnight while we sleep). I freeze them in a zip loc bag and shake the bag every 20 minutes or so so that the beans freeze seperately so I can scoop out what I need. I do this with a large batch of rice or pasta also (usually one or the other). You can cook rice like pasta (lots of extra water, and then drain - so you don't have to worry about the rice burning or sticking). And I do it with my ground beef mixture (I'll post the recipe in a minute).

Yes, I've cooked three things, but I didn't stand over the stove except for the ground beef/tvp mixture and that only took 20 minutes or less - and I have stuff to make fast meals for the whole month.

Often the ground beef/tvp mixture, I will just heat a cup or so in the microwave and eat it plain or stir in (either before or after microwaving) a bit of barbecue sauce, salsa, soy sauce spaghetti sauce or even a bit of ketchup, and eat plain or serve over pasta, rice or beans (which I sometimes microwave from fozen separately, but usually microwave it at the same time in the same bowl) or folded into a tortilla or over lettuce (I usually buy the organic baby greens at Sam's Club or the bag of cut romaine lettuce from Aldi).

For even less cooking, even if you don't make soup, rotisserie chicken is a good "eat cheaply for several meals" food. A Walmart $4.50 rotiserie chicken, if my husband isn't eating off it too, will give me 6 or more meals. For one meal, I'll eat the meat hot off the bird, for another I'll make a fast tortilla rollup, or spread some cream cheese on a bagel and top with some chicken, or add some to a lettuce salad.

Thighs Be Gone
04-07-2009, 10:28 PM
I really like that bean idea kaplods and am going to do that myself. Dried beans are very affordable and very versatile and have a fraction of the sodium or cost of canned. The time cooking them sometimes deters me from using them. Freezing will work great. Thanks.

kaplods
04-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Here's the tvp/ground beef mixture recipe

The entire recipe (using all ingredients I listed) has about 3200 calories, and yields about 16 (3 oz) servings. That is about 200 calories per serving or 67 calories per ounce. The more tvp you use in the recipe, the lower the calorie and fat content. Without the beef, the mixture has about 50 calories per ounce.

Beef/tvp mixture for recipes calling for browned ground beef
(like chili, spaghetti sauce, sloppy joes, tacos…)

2 lbs ground beef (80/20) optional (read “variations” part of recipe)
2 cups dry tvp (looks like grape nuts cereal, and is available in most health food stores, and some groceries)
1 (15 to 16 oz) can chicken broth (or 2 cups of hot water with 2 bouillon cubes dissolved in it)

Seasonings of your choosing (these are mine)
1 medium to large onion, diced
1 medium to large bell pepper diced (or a couple tablespoons dehydrated bell pepper)
2 medium stalks celery, diced fine (or a tablespoon dehydrated celery or celery flakes)
Garlic powder, or granulated garlic
Salt (I use chicken soup base - like powdered bouillon or “better than bouillon“ which is a paste, but regular salt is ok, also)
pepper
1-2 tsp oil (or if you’ve got a nonstick pan, you can use a spray of cooking pray or less oil)

Saute:

In large Dutch oven, over medium heat, sauté vegetables (onion, bell pepper, celery) until soft. Add dry tvp and stir. You’re not wanting to toast or brown the tvp, just allow it to absorb any liquid from the vegetables, and pick up flavor from them.

Pour mixture into a bowl.

kaplods
04-07-2009, 10:44 PM
A couple more really quick meals.

Bean salad - I either use my frozen beans, or canned, and add a little thinly sliced onion (I like green onion, best, because it's fastest, and easiest) and add some light vinaigrette dressing. I mix it the night before I plan on eating it - especially if using the frozen beans, they just thaw in the dressing in the freezer.

Veggie salad - I take a bag of frozen veggies or mixed veggies (at Walmart .99 a lb for california blend or broccoli or 1.89 for Walmart's brand of asparagus stir fry blend, my favorite or other fancier mixes), and stir it (frozen again) with light salad dressing - usually a vinaigrette but ranch works nicely too - especially if I add pasta (which also can be frozen when the mix is made). I add other veggies if I like (like raw celery or chopped onion or yellow pepper rings), and let it thaw in the fridge. If I make it before bedtime, it's generally thawed by lunch the next day, but if I make a really big batch, like for a potluck, it can take 24 hours to thaw.

I love canned fish (and the pouches). Sardines, canned mackerel, tuna, salmon, smoked oysters... are usually very affordable. I found some sardines in an oriental grocery store that come in flavored sauces (tomato sauce, chili sauce, curries), and I really like them. They're .99 and I can get a lunch and a snack out of one can. Usually sardines are almost a dollar a can, but at Aldi's they're almost half that, and are very tasty. If you like sardines, you might like canned mackerel, which comes in much larger cans, and are cheaper per ounce than sardines, so they can make at least 3 meals out of one can.

Aldi also has .49 cans of soup. Tomato soup is one of our favorites, with or without beans or pasta stirred in (I make a faux chili by making a can of soup on the stovetop and throwing in the frozen beans, ground beef/tvp mixture, and sometimes pasta with some chili powder or salsa).

Aldi's brand (Mama Cozzi's) $2.50 thin crust pizza is actually pretty low in calories. My husband and I can stay within our calorie budgets and split a pizza for dinner, or get two lunches each out of one pizza.

want2Bthin
04-07-2009, 10:45 PM

Thighs Be Gone
04-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Well, good luck to you and your weightloss journey. :)

Thighs Be Gone
04-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Kaplods, your ideas on the salads are incredible with Spring here and summer just around the corner. I like the way you think--and eat. :)

I also make a faux chili. We like the huge can of ranch style beans with 1/2 pound of ground turkey, a generous amount of chili powder, tomato sauce and water.

want2Bthin
04-07-2009, 11:11 PM

murphmitch
04-07-2009, 11:34 PM
In other words.. you're trying to find a polite way to say that Im doomed to be fat forever.

No one is saying that. Everyone here is trying to give you suggestions, but you seem rather negative and not receptive. We do wish you luck.

want2Bthin
04-07-2009, 11:36 PM

midwife
04-07-2009, 11:47 PM
When I approached my weight loss I looked at what I had been doing that was not working and I considered the changes that I could make. It seems you have several barriers. They are not insurmountable, but they will take some creativity in order for you to get where you want to go.

You have a pretty limited food budget. Have you applied for food stamps or is there a food pantry in your community?

Someone has a pretty good quote around here in their signature and I'm probably going to mess it up, but the gist is "Decide what you want and decide what you are willing to exchange for it and get to work."

Change is difficult and even moreso with barriers. What barriers can you find a way around? What barriers are insurmountable for you right now?

Can you give us some more info? What is your starting weight? What kinds of food do you like? What does your daily menu look like right now? Do you like sandwiches? They aren't fancy, but they often work well for me.

I like to cook at home cause it is cheaper and I can control the ingredients better---both quality and amount. Sometimes I feel like cooking and sometimes I don't. When I don't: sandwiches! Oatmeal is a pretty reliable staple for me. Canned tuna is another one.

But that is me.

What kinds of things do you like?

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 12:06 AM

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 12:08 AM

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 12:10 AM

kaplods
04-08-2009, 12:28 AM
I dont see whats so hard about coming up with a diet plan that will fit my needs.. everyone seems to think Im suppossed to be spending time over a stove preparing meals.. why? Is there some magical thing that happens to food when its cooked?

If it were so easy, you would have done it yourself already. Please, cut us some slack, we're just trying to help, and we have the disadvantages of not knowing all of your preferences, dislikes or conditions.

For every 90 suggestions you get, you'll be lucky (even if you didn't have conditions) to find a few that work for your situation - that's just the way it works, because on a forum like this no one knows what you are or aren't willing to do to lose weight and/or save money, what your likes and dislikes are, or all of the other life variables that make us unaware of your specific situation. You don't really need to shoot down everyone's suggestions, it just makes people less likely to offer more, because then it sounds like you're just being critical - especially when you say things like you don't know what's so difficult about finding a diet that will work for you. You've got to remember that we know a lot less about your situation than you do - so if you can't come up with one on your own, it's going to take a lot of suggestions from a lot of people to help.

You've got a lot of requirements, and it adds extra challenges. Easy to prepare, low in calories, with little or no cooking, no reheating, no beans, no cooking or advanced food preparation, and all for under $3 per day. Each condition makes coming up with a plan for you, less and less doable.

No, cooking or preparing meals isn't "magic," but to create a low calorie, moderately nutritious plan that will cost less than $3 a day, you've got to compromise somewhere - doing some of the work yourself, is the easiest way to save money. You pay through the nose when you pay for someone to do some of that work for you. You could eat 88 cent banquet frozen meals, 25 cent ramen in a cup and and cold cereal. Of course it's crappy and too carb heavy, (although it's probably not any less nutritious than the all-burger diet), and fits the financial requirement - but I don't that that's what you had in mind.

This isn't an easy problem or you would have done it yourself, already - so work with us and we'll all work with you.

If, instead of shooting down and criticising ideas that were given by people just trying to help, you might try saying something like "thanks everyone, for all of the great ideas, anyone got any more?" you might inspire people to keep throwing out ideas at you (some of which might work for you, most of which won't).

What you're asking is rather difficult, because $2 to $3 a day isn't very much with so many conditions. The cheapest foods are those that either are mostly fat and refined carbs or require some food preparation. There just aren't many fast, no-cook, cheap, nutritious, low-calorie, low carb, no-leftover foods.

It may not be impossible, but your conditions do make this a puzzle that isn't going to be easy to solve. You might consider checking out the free resources in your community - the health department may be the best place to start - or the WIC office or other public agencies. Even if you don't qualify for their services, they may know of links in the community that can help.

I'd suggest something like SHARE or Angel Food, but while their programs can save you money, they aren't going to meet all of your conditions either.

bargoo
04-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Fast food burgers are loaded with fat and sodium. You have listed a lot of foods that you do like. Keep some of the vegies you do like in the fridge ready to eat. Yogurt is a great food and mo preparation. Have you thought about Slimfast, just open the can and you are good to go. I sometimes put a can of Slimfast in the blender with half a banana. makes a good shake. Sometimes I throiw in a few fresh strawberries and a can of Slimfast. It;s a tasty shake and very little preparation and no cooking. You have been given some great ideas here. I would suggest you try some if you want to lose 65 pounds in the next 5 months.

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 12:50 AM

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 12:51 AM

bargoo
04-08-2009, 12:59 AM
You have an answer for everything, don't you? You seem determined to dismiss every sincere suggestion. As has said before, here are a bunch of people trying to help you and you just don't seem to want it. I think you can work with the foods that you like. Experiment a little. Going back to your origional question. Meal delivery is very expensive, and I doubt that any of them could meet your stringent qualifications.

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 01:05 AM

harrismm
04-08-2009, 01:06 AM
Just FYI-I write to drug companies all of the time to get my patient free medications.Also most cities have non profit organizations that help with medication assistance.I have no idea what medications you take but dont stop until you have exhausted all options.

bargoo
04-08-2009, 01:09 AM
Your shake idea might be OK. how many calories does it have ? Buy your fruits and vegies in season, they will be cheaper and look for sales in the stores. What state do you live in ?

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 01:11 AM

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 01:12 AM

bargoo
04-08-2009, 01:16 AM
I dont't know what state Hicksville is in, I live in California and Safeway Stores and Lucky Stores often have good sales. Safeway frequently has buy one get one free and Lucky frequently has ten items for ten dollars. Then there is WalMart and Costco and Smart and Final has some good buys, too.

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 01:17 AM

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 01:20 AM

bargoo
04-08-2009, 01:22 AM
I use non fat yogurt at 80 calories or Activia at 70 Calories. I also keep Laughing Cow cheese wedges on hand at 35 calories. I make a sandwich with WASA crackers and Laughing Cow. Laughing Cow isn't cheap, though. Go for the fresh fruits and vegies a lot of them will be coming in season , soon .

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 01:27 AM

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 01:28 AM

harrismm
04-08-2009, 01:33 AM
You are right about doctors.Here is what I would suggest, you obviously have internet.Google the drug companies for the medications you are taking.Contact them.If you have no luck, contact local hospital and ask for mission services.They should be able to help you.Please dont count on doctors for this.Bless them but this is not their focus.

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 01:38 AM

srmb60
04-08-2009, 02:10 AM
Let's start from scratch. You tell us what you like to eat (and I'm curious about the interruptions) and we'll see what we can scab together for you.

harrismm
04-08-2009, 02:46 AM
Family planning centers are in most cities or very close.They provide free birth control or at least very low cost.This is probably the most available free or low cost medication.I am seriously disappointed with your PC office for not informing you of this.Other medications might take a little more work.(but still doable)

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 03:22 AM

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 03:25 AM

rainy
04-08-2009, 03:29 AM
Be careful with hysterectomy, it can have bad consequences and it's not done unless it's really really really needed. Like: you are in or close to menopause, you have some bad sickness like cancer...

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 03:38 AM

mandalinn82
04-08-2009, 03:51 AM
In my experience, there are three main things to play with when it comes to groceries...cheap, fast, and healthy. You only get two at once. You can get healthy food cheap, but it takes time to prep. You can get healthy food that is quickly prepared, but it isn't cheap. Cheap, fast food is almost never healthy. One of the variables has to give.

harrismm
04-08-2009, 05:28 AM
It sounds like you may have found the answer to your problem.Call your doctor and tell him/her that you have decided that its in your best interest to be SPAYED.

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 07:34 AM

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 07:36 AM

rainy
04-08-2009, 08:15 AM
endometriosis and pelvic pain seems a good enough reason to remove it. Risks associated with pregnancy are also a good reason.

Actually not because cancer is worse than endometriosis and that's a possible side effects of hysterectomy.
Unfortunately the option for endometriosis is what your doc said that uterus lining thing, I am sorry but I don't remember the name.

And honestly, it'll be impossible for you to get hysterectomy for the risks associated with pregnancy, if so, the max they can offer you is tube ligation, BUT they likely won't do it if you are below 30-35 and unfortunately it's not a matter of paying, I've tried that myself but they won't do it. It's all an ethical thing of doctors on your 'you may change idea' and they stubbornly don't understand your body is yours and it's your right to what you want with it.
I also think they do it with dogs and cats, so why it should be so difficult for us, but unfotunately that's it.

The calorie counting is a good idea, at least you can try it with what you are eating right now. Try it out for just one day, see how many calories you eat tomorrow, eat normally and just calculate, then you'll see if it's over your needed calories or lower.

And more than eating only, also consider exercizing, you don't need to join a gym, but you surely take out your baby girl for a walk, keep on doing it, at least 30 mins per day, you'll both love it.

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 08:35 AM

midwife
04-08-2009, 09:53 AM
http://www.odh.ohio.gov/ASSETS/6C0158DC5BA5443B8DB26B72BC209F9B/Famxclinics.PDF

Here is a list of Title X Family Planning Clinics in Ohio. You might have to travel to them to get your initial prescription, but I know that our Planned Parenthoods will mail oral contraceptives to women who live outside the area and cannot travel in to pick them up.

Also, you might see if Walmart offers an OCP for less than you are paying now. OCPs where I live range from $25-$40 a pack most places, but Walmart has a generic monophasic and a generic triphasic for $9 a pack here.

The reason I mention the Title X programs, however, is that often OCPs from Title X funded clinics are no-cost.

I remember life with a 3 month old---babies take a lot of time and attention. Remember though that what kids need most are healthy happy moms, and that means we must find ways to take care of ourselves.

A quick way to make chicken is to slice up a breast, toss seasonings and a little olive oil on it, and broil it. In my oven that takes ~ 5 minutes....when it is cut up there is more surface area than if it is whole. A little BBQ sauce, lettuce & tomato on a bun, and there's dinner. Chicken in the crock pot is another thing I do often. And the bonus for that is, it is ready when you are. Even if you have to delay dinner to attend to the baby.

midwife
04-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Oh, I also wanted to talk a bit about the shakes you are considering. Certainly, yogurt, fruits and veggies have some good nutrition in them and I think shakes for part of the day would be fine. I'm not sure I could live on shakes alone though--I'd get really hungry and when I'm hungry I eat junk food. But I think a couple of times a day, that might work. The Daily Plate in an online calculator, so you could add up all the ingredients for each day and see how your nutrients pan out. Try not to go less than about 1200 calories a day. I believe that The Daily Plate breaks down your protein, fat, and carb levels (remember that we need some healthy fats everyday) and you can see how your shakes hit those goals, and alter their contents or look at supplemental foods to make sure you are getting enough of each nutrient that you need.

harrismm
04-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Do you have health insurance.What are the income levels for food stamps in your state.Do you receive WIC for your child?

srmb60
04-08-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm pretty sure that it's Body for Life that suggests making fridge parcels. When you get home from the grocer, chop, cut, divide stuff into (I used snack baggies from the dollar store) containers.

Besides supper which I prepare for my family, I pretty much snack all day. A half a cheese sandwich with a few celery sticks. A yogurt and half a banana. Get your $1 burger and take it home, split it into two meals with some crunchy vegetables in each. A hard boiled egg with veggies.

What you don't use for your little baggies, you can throw in that shake. I'm not sure you even need the slimfast part.

The trick is to learn to eat something good for you, not over stuff because you're hungry ... as if you were adding fuel to last until the next feeding. Mama's feeding :)

You'll soon learn how many baggies you need to make it until the next trip to the store. And before you know it, that tiny babe will be sleeping longer periods and playing for longer times and you'll have your hands free to try some of these other suggestions

bargoo
04-08-2009, 12:27 PM
You seem to have an answer for everything. Life must be really impossible for you. Many of us have experienced the same things you are experiencing. A crying baby , not much money, not much time. a doctor who just won't do what we think is best for us. Do you think you might be suffering with post partum depression? Maybe you should talk to your doctor about this. As for your diet , if you really want to lose weight you will find a way. You have some good ideas, do what works for you, but I would definetely count calories, that works and won't cost you any money. It will take planning ahead and it will be worth it.

yoyoma
04-08-2009, 01:03 PM
I would like to urge you to reconsider cooking. Cooking is one of the best ways to save money *and* eat higher quality foods.

Some methods of preparation don't require much time. Others take a lot of time to cook, but not much of *your* time. You don't have to cook anything like a fancy meal.

One person already suggested a crock pot. That's a great idea if you have one. You'd be surprised at how versatile they are and there are tons of recipes on the web.

I often have a big pot of soup on the stove. Usually a head of cabbage forms the base and I toss in various things, depending on what's in the fridge (specially leftovers). And leftover soup can become something entirely different the next day with new add-ins.

Someone else suggested chicken breast. I buy the family pack of boneless breast or thigh (thigh is cheaper). Put each piece in a separate baggie and freeze. Defrost one at a time. I smash them flat before I cook them in the frying pan and they only take a few minutes.

One quick meal/snack I sometimes make is to take some sort of whole grain cracker (eg Wasa) then slather with salsa or tomato sauce and top with FF or LF cheese. Pop in the toaster oven to make mini pizzas.

Your idea for shakes sounds a lot like what I do in the summer. I use NF yogurt, water, nonfat powdered milk, and frozen berries/fruits. Frozen berries/fruits are usually much cheaper than fresh and they make the shake into a real treat. Full of terrific nutrients, they are a great idea for *part* of a complete diet.

There are lots of quick recipes that I've never tried (I don't have as many constraints as you do, so I already have plenty of variety to eat). Maybe you could try posting a more targeted question looking for quick-prep recipes?

nelie
04-08-2009, 01:29 PM
A crockpot is a great tool, if you don't have one, you can look at thrift stores for one. I cook beans in the crockpot all the time.

There is also a website I was looking at where a woman is cooking for 3 (or 4?) people/day for $3.33 per day. Her focus is healthy food.

http://melomeals.blogspot.com/

Beans and rice are very cheap. I can get a 20 lb bag of rice for $5 and it lasts forever. Beans are similarly cheap ($1-$2 lb of dried beans). For vegetables, do you have any asian markets? or discount markets? I went to the asian market yesterday and even with 'splurge' items, I walked out with 4 large grocery bags for under $30, all veggies/fruit.

Eating fast food isn't going to get you healthy. Also, it is possible that by eating healthy, you can reduce the need for current medications and future medications.

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 02:27 PM

kaplods
04-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Off topic, I know, but I think most doctors won't do hysterectomies on young women, not because they may not be appropriate for some, but because of the risk of lawsuit if the patient changes her mind. They can have you sign releases promising not to sue up the ying-yang (where ever THAT is), but it doesn't prevent you from suing them later - and a good lawyer will use a long release as PROOF that the doctor knew it was a bad idea in the first place or he wouldn't have asked you to promise not to sue.

Also, while we consider it "good" for pets, we also can't ask, and don't care if our poodle is experiencing hot flashes, dry skin, or sagging belly.

When I worked in social services, I worked with quite a few women who had hysterectomies young and deeply regretted it because of the side effects. Hormone replacement therapy would reduce many of the unpleasant the side effects, but the women I worked with couldn't afford the hormone replacement therapy. Even though some had begged their doctors to do it, many regretted it later and (ironically) blamed the doctor for "jumping the gun," and felt that the doctor would have talked them out of it if they weren't poor women. I can see the doctor's dilemma - damned if you do and damned if you don't, and refusing at least prevents law suits later.

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 02:34 PM

kaplods
04-08-2009, 02:43 PM
In my experience, there are three main things to play with when it comes to groceries...cheap, fast, and healthy. You only get two at once. You can get healthy food cheap, but it takes time to prep. You can get healthy food that is quickly prepared, but it isn't cheap. Cheap, fast food is almost never healthy. One of the variables has to give.

I find this so true. Sadly, you have to make sacrifices somewhere, and you have to decide what you're able and willing to sacrifice.

The problem is that cheap doesn't seem to be something you're able to sacrifice. Your income is what your income is and therefore you're left with either fast and unhealthy or healthy but requiring prep or cook time.

It's a tough decision, but it's the one you have. Because we're on a very tight budget, it's the one my husband face too. We can't afford fast and healthy, so we make compromises where we can.

When one or both of us is feeling poorly, cooking isn't convenient, so we can easily resort to fast and unhealthy, because it's what we can afford. With a little planning, though we can make "almost fast" meals. The techniques I described in the post you didn't like were ways I found that I could cook once and eat 10 times (which is almost as good as not having to cook).

It does sound though like you're at the point where no solution sounds doable to you. I don't have any quick solve solutions for that either, but I do know that a poor diet makes depression worse. Good nutrition and exercise help alleviate depression (but are hard to do when you're depressed, and even harder when you're depressed without much money .

kaplods
04-08-2009, 02:51 PM
we dont have any asian markets or anything like that.. its all white hillbilly's here, a buisiness like that wouldnt survive here.

Most counties have the resources we've all been mentioning, but they can be quite a drive. If you don't have transportation or a friend who does, Craig's list is a good way to hook up with someone for transportation (as long as you take the precautions you normally would with meeting in person anyone you met online).

I lived in the middle of nowhere once, also, and one way I afforded decent meals was a monthly roadtrip with a friend to a larger city.

There are a lot of great books on the subject of saving money, accessing charitable services, eating healthy on a budget... and even the smallest of libraries can order almost any book in or out of print.

It's not an impossible problem, but it is one that requires work and creativity.

midwife
04-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Planned Parenthood is OUT.. every time I go there to get a pap smear, Im sore for a week. I cant even wear a seatbelt, because the pressure across my pelvis is uncomfortable. They are not careful or gentle at all. Obviously the workers there could care less about their jobs, and care even less about the patients/clients.

Pap smears are not required for OCPs. You can ask about programs for pills without a pelvic exam.

nelie
04-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Although I don't believe their food is the healthiest, Angel Food ministries is one way to get food for cheap.
http://www.angelfoodministries.com/

Also, I've never lived in an area that didn't have a diverse ethnic community so I'm not sure what would be available. I can't imagine that everyone shops at regular high priced grocery stores. I was recently visiting my family and I went to a grocery outlet and it was awesome. They had tons of stuff on discount for half price of regular grocery stores and lots of healthy stuff. Even my $4 toothpaste was only $1.

bargoo
04-08-2009, 03:33 PM
You sound stressed right now. Remember your baby will grow and will become less demanding. With my youngest son I didn't sit down to eat a meal, for the first three months of his life. He just seemed to know when I was going to have a meal. But he eventually settled into a routine and life, at least at meal times became much easier. I do think you may need someone to talk to as I sense a lot of stress in your posts. Do you have a relative, friend, neighbor, pastor that you can talk to ?

BabySteps
04-08-2009, 04:09 PM
I understand babies, I have raised 2 myself. How I handled meals was I would make my meal and my babies at the same time and just ate while I fed. Theres no reason you cant do this. Babies need much time and attention, they deserve this. Time will fly and one day they will be teens and not need you much at all. It is then you will miss them needing so much. Love being a mom, love being needed and loved this much. Its special, its temporary. Cherish it.

Babysteps

harrismm
04-08-2009, 05:04 PM
If you are losing you health insurance.You will qualify for medicaid since you have a baby.Medicaid covers medications with very small copay.Go to department of Human Services and begin process of filling out application.Doesnt WIC also provide milk,cereal,juice and other few items to you while you child is on WIC?And about cooking, you will have to learn and find time.Soon you child will be eating from the table and I am guessing you want to provide healthy meals for him or her.Thats part of being a mom.

rainy
04-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Its too cold out right now to do any walking.. its 32 degrees outside.. we had nice weather.. go figure, on the days I had to work its nice out, the few days I had off it was back to crappy weather.

Nobody had ever died because they went for a walk with 32 degrees outside. Wear a warm jacket, a scarf and go out! I walked to school everyday since I was a kid, have seen far less than that temperature, with additional rain snow or whatever was coming down from the sky and I'm still here! Better, I can tell you that health improves.

I agree with Bargoo, you seem to have an answer to everything, I'm sorry to tell you but going on a diet, whatever it is, and loosing weight needs some committment and some changes. It's more a matter of being rich-of-committment more than rich-of-money. You may have to eat something you don't like much, maybe you'll like it then or maybe not, but maybe the reward of being loosing weight will make that you actually like it. Or you may just get your butt out with 'just' 32 degrees and have a 30 minutes walk, you go to work, right? How do you? By car? Can you walk to it? I understand if you can't, I cannot either, but better, can you just park your car far enough from it so you'll have a walk or just exit the bus a few stops before and walk till there? You need to apply some flexibility if you want to loose weight, use new ideas (I think you have been given plenty from the members on here), also you know that exercizing will help you with the pain? Yes, because your body produces it's own antinflammatories and painkillers while you exercize, and those are free of charge, but...you need to get out!
On this topic I read a lot of ideas from members, lots of support and understanding, I guess now it's time you try doing something, taking these ideas, adapting them, also you have given cheap or free ideas, honestly, we cannot loose your weight for you, it's you who shall be in charge and decide to do something.
It may not be the right time for you right now, I understand a baby takes way more time than I can even think about, and you may not be in the right condition to follow a diet plan with committment and avoid slip offs, maybe you're stressed, it's very likely, who isn't in these days? So you may decide to take your time, maybe try to pick the healthier options you can get right now, and when you'll be ready try a diet, or try exercizing. This does NOT mean being fat for life, it means recognizing it's something you can't do right now but will commit to do it in future and for the mean time commit to eat as healthy as you can and get as much exercize as you can, finding and trying new options, you don't have to do everything all at the same time but just little steps always take you closer to your goal.

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 08:28 PM

Ija
04-08-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm sorry to tell you but going on a diet, whatever it is, and loosing weight needs some committment and some changes.

This really hit the nail on the head. Permanent, healthy weight loss takes commitment, sacrifice, flexibility, and willingness to go the extra mile (quite literally!) There are tons of great suggestions on this thread; it's your choice whether to dismiss them or incorporate them into a new lifestyle.

Weight loss requires change... so an important question is, what changes are you willing to make in order to lose the weight?

kaplods
04-08-2009, 09:37 PM
I weigh 192 and need to get down to 125 by September...

What's going on in September?

This would require an average loss of 3 lbs or more per week, and that's a pretty tall order, especially for someone starting out at under 200 lbs., with so many stressors and obstacles in your way.

I'm wondering if part of your resistance to nearly all suggestions, is because you're not sure if you really want to lose this weight, or aren't willing to make the extreme changes necessary to do so. It's easier to say it's impossible than to say you don't want to do it or fear you can't (which by shooting down almost every idea, seems to be what you're trying to say, whether you realize it consciously or not).

If you don't want to lose the weight or aren't willing to make the required changes - then don't, but accept the fact and stop stressing over it. Overweight and healthy may be unlikely, but overweight and happy is possible. And if you're not willing to change, at least acknowledge it and move on

If you're willing to make some small changes, then do those, but you're not going to lose 3 lbs a week with small changes. In fact, even if you were willing to make extreme changes (which you don't seem to be), it's entirely possible that 3 lbs a week is unattainable.

Another thing to consider is that event-based goals are the least likely to result in long-term success. If the focus is making it to the event, and not lifelong changes, you're almost guaranteed to gain it all back (and probably a little bit more) as soon as the event is over, and possibly lowering your metabolism in the bargain.

You're still young enough that you may not be experiencing any of the adverse health effects of an unbalanced diet. Be aware though, that once you do start experiencing problems, they tend to snowball. You feel fine, until suddenly you don't.

Being that fast, healthy, and cheap is virtually impossible, and you have no choice about the cheap; I'd encourage you to choose healthy over fast. You may not fully appreciate why until it's too late.

Thighs Be Gone
04-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Want2B, you can calorie count on that amount of money. There are lots of easy whole food recipes that aren't difficult or time consuming to prepare. It really is about priorities.

This is quite possibly the first time I have ever seen any quote themselves on a public forum. :carrot:

nelie
04-08-2009, 09:47 PM
I would agree, if someone keeps making excuses why they can't do something, then they truly don't want to do it.

I would think about your child, what examples do you want to set for your child? Do you want your child to be healthy? Do you want to be healthy? You may just not be ready to lose weight at this time.

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 09:51 PM

kaplods
04-08-2009, 09:58 PM
class reuinion is in september.. if I cant loose the weight, then I cant go.

BALONEY! There's no "weight limit" for admission to class reunions. What you mean is that if you can't lose the weight you don't want to go.

Are you saying that overweight people shouldn't be allowed to go to class reunions? Maybe have a scale at the door? Only thin people are worthy of having a life, having fun, going out in public? And while we're at it, let's throw out the guys who have lost some of their hair, and anyone who has aged ungracefully. Only perfect people allowed (not going to have many people there, in that case)

Suck it up, and go, enjoy yourself and look great whether at 125 lbs or 192.

If you are putting off enjoying your life until you are at a certain weight, you will be miserable - and miserable women tend to turn to food for comfort. Choose to have a life NOW and it will be a lot easier to lose the weight (if that's what you choose to do).

It's common in our culture to think that we have to lose weight in order to have self-confidence, self-worth, and any enjoyment in life whatsover. That's absolute garbage. In my experience, more women are fat because they lack self-esteem than lack self-esteem because they are fat. Losing weight should be a way to pamper your wonderful self, not punish yourself for not being perfect.

You are worthy of that class reunion, whether you've gained weight or lost. There will be MANY people there who have gained weight since high school - a lot more who have gained than lost. And I will bet that many will have gained alot more than 60lbs (and many won't have had a pregnancy to have contributed to it).

Losing weight for a class reunion is a common fantasy - but it's just that a FANTASY, not a requirement. And the very sad fact is, that whether you walk into that reunion at 192 or at 125 - the only one for whom it will make the least amount of difference, is YOU. Why do you have to choose whether or not to enjoy yourself (or even allow yourself the opportunity) based on a number on a scale - a number that isn't going to matter to anyone but you (and only if you let it).

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 10:02 PM

Thighs Be Gone
04-08-2009, 10:03 PM
There sure were some big ole' girls at my last reunion--we partied all night though..and it's funner now--NO CURFEW!

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 10:10 PM

Ija
04-08-2009, 10:23 PM
I need to loose the weight, look good at 125 and flaunt that Im one of the few still wearing the same size that I wore in high school.

Given your current attitude (especially your unwillingness to cook, exercise or take any advice) this just isn't going to happen.

bargoo
04-08-2009, 10:24 PM
whatever worked for them.. being fat doesnt work for me.

If you don't like being fat.......DO SOMETHING ABOUTIT....start by not complaining, whining and finding excuses. If you want to do it FIND A WAY.

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 10:28 PM

kaplods
04-08-2009, 10:33 PM
whatever worked for them.. being fat doesnt work for me.

Then do something about it, and stop whining. Stop arguing and complaining and criticizing us for not helping you enough. Weight loss isn't magic - it's work, and usually hard work. Work you're not willing to do. If a few minutes in front of the stove once a month is too much work for you, and all of the other excuses you've made, there just isn't a plan on the planet that could work for you. Shooting down every suggestion as soon as it's given, just shows that you want the results, but not the work.

Doing it to impress people (who aren't going to be impressed, anyway because most people aren't nearly that shallow as to care more about a dress size than real accomplishments - and the fact is that most aren't so shallow that they care more about accomplishments than people).

I'm sorry you're life isn't what you'd like it to be - but only you can do something about that.

And if you're only wanting to go to a class reunion to impress people (and not catch up with old friends and enjoy a nice party) - then don't go, because even if you walk in there at 110 lbs - stunningly model gorgeous, NO ONE IS GOING TO BE IMPRESSED, because they're going to have real lives, and aren't going to care about such completely superficial meaningless crap. No one is going to give more than a few second's notice (if they even notice at all) that you've managed to get skinny for a high school reunion (that's hollywood b.s. that's not real life). Why you wouldn't go to show off pictures of your beautiful new baby, (which is meaningful enough that someone might actually feel some genuine emotion about) but only to show off a dress size is quite sad. Class reunions are not to flaunt anything (only people with nothing important in their lives, think that). Class reunions are to catch up with old friends, reminisce a bit and have fun at a nice party. Sadly anyone just there to impress is going to be very sadly surprised to find that no one really cares about such completely superficial trivia.

But hey, if impressing is so important - just go there and lie. Tell some really big whoppers about your income and accomplishments - it fits all of your requirements - results without any work, but don't expect people to be impressed at that either, because I don't know anyone who actually went to a class reunion who cared about any of that crap. They only came home and laughed at all the people who were so obviously there to brag about what they've done or how they look 10 years after graduation - the only people they remember are those that they had fun talking to.

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 10:35 PM

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 10:51 PM

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 10:52 PM

JulieJ08
04-08-2009, 10:55 PM
I hate to say it, but I think she is baiting you guys on purpose.

Thighs Be Gone
04-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Ding, ding, ding! Julie is sooooo right.

Kaplods is right--go tell some whoppers--you could always say you invented Post Its.

kaplods
04-08-2009, 10:57 PM
whatever.. my baby looks just like any other baby.. everyone in my class has kids.. some have 4 kids.. big whooping deal.

Like weighing 125 lbs, would make you special? I'd have more fun talking to someone showing pictures and telling stories about the ugliest baby on the planet (or their pampered pets) than a dress size.

When people talk about things they enjoy and care about - that's fun, that's impressive, that's what people remember. People trying to impress are just boring.

kaplods
04-08-2009, 10:59 PM

I hope so, because the alternative is frightening.

Thighs Be Gone
04-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Right again Kaplods. :( Right again.

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 11:00 PM

Thighs Be Gone
04-08-2009, 11:01 PM
I thought you were 192.

Ija
04-08-2009, 11:04 PM

You got it.

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 11:04 PM

Getting Right
04-08-2009, 11:15 PM
SERIOUSLY!You guys shouldn't entertain her any further.At this point it's a big joke to her.She wants pity and that fact that she is repeating she is "doomed to be fat" means she is willing that to herself. I myself have been entertained by the comments on this post today but enough is enough.We've got our own problems and when the average 3fcer asks for advice they are receptive and if they don't hear what works for them they say thanks and move on. God protects fools and babies. Nuff said.

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 11:18 PM

midwife
04-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Want2be,
Clearly I missed a lot of the give and take over the last couple of hours, but I sincerely hope you stick around. Baby steps will get you where you want to go. :hug:

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 11:26 PM

bargoo
04-08-2009, 11:33 PM
You were offered lots of help, from sincere, caring people. Clearly you don't want help.

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 11:35 PM

bargoo
04-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Better read your posts again. If you don't want to be here, just quit posting and please don't read the replies

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 11:38 PM

Ija
04-08-2009, 11:46 PM
I dont see why I cant just find an affordable, easy meal plan that will work for me.

You have unrealistic demands, unrealistic expectations, and a negative attitude. You're also not willing to do any work to lose weight. That's why.

nelie
04-08-2009, 11:46 PM
So you want someone to hand you cheap, healthy food that requires no effort on your part?

I wish that was doable but you do have to put in some effort to lose weight.

Ija
04-08-2009, 11:48 PM
So you want someone to hand you cheap, healthy food that requires no effort on your part?

That's called being a celebrity :devil:

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 11:49 PM

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 11:51 PM

Ija
04-08-2009, 11:54 PM
actually celebrities DONT eat, that's why they are so thin...

Well then, there's your answer... cheap, no cooking, no effort... you'll be 125 pounds in no time.

nelie
04-08-2009, 11:56 PM
You think celebrities eat $300 meals every night?

I think batch cooking was mentioned, crockpot was mentioned, etc. I don't slave over a stove. Once in a great while, I'll want to take the time to make something labor intensive but honestly I take at most 2 hours/week preparing food but most weeks it is more like an hour. Basically, buy inexpensive food, cook it in batches, reheat, store excess in freezer.

You can also walk in doors, Walk away the pounds is based on the idea that you walk a mile (or more) in place. You can check out exercise videos from your library. Resistance bands are inexpensive and an easy way to get a good strength workout at home.

harrismm
04-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Drina-LOL
We are dealing with someone with some serious pathology here.Can we close out this post.......Seriously.Its called passive-agressive.

want2Bthin
04-08-2009, 11:59 PM

Ija
04-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Drina-LOL
We are dealing with someone with some serious pathology here.Can we close out this post.......Seriously.Its called passive-agressive.

For some reason I keep picturing octomom in my head... :dizzy:

want2Bthin
04-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Tell Me How To Delete My Account!

murphmitch
04-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Somebody just wants a pity party I'm afraid and needs to really grow up.

nelie
04-09-2009, 12:05 AM
I say we just move along, as I said before, sometimes people aren't ready. I've reported the thread but need a supermod to come along to close/delete.

Ija
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68058

Best of luck on your celebrity diet, glad we could help :)

harrismm
want2bethin-if I had the ability to delete you i would have done it long ago.And if I knew how to tell you to or anyone else on here I believe you would have gotten 10000000000000000000 responses to that question.Hee hee.

want2Bthin
04-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Oh I KNOW an account CAN be deleted! That is a LIE that is permanant.. the admins are just too LAZY to do it!

harrismm
04-09-2009, 12:07 AM
You seem to have the answer for everything-figure it out.

want2Bthin
04-09-2009, 12:08 AM
admin has to do it

kaplods
04-09-2009, 12:08 AM
That's called being a celebrity :devil:

That's unfair to celebrities - even they have to work for weight loss success.

Ija
04-09-2009, 12:11 AM
That's unfair to celebrities - even they have to work for weight loss success.

Actually, that's called a joke.

Edited to say that I've looked at my post again, and I think my statement was actually spot-on. I never said that celebrities don't do any work to lose weight. No reason to pick :)

harrismm
04-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Drina-I got the joke.Love your sense of humor girl!!!!!!!!!!Just like me.

kaplods
04-09-2009, 12:26 AM
Sorry - I was just meaning it as a joke, also. I laughed at your joke and added my own, not realizing it wouldn't be obvious that I was just trying add a funny to a funny. No one is given a free ride, and anything worth having is worth working for - I believe most of us here realize that.

Suzanne 3FC
04-09-2009, 01:10 AM
Oh I KNOW an account CAN be deleted! That is a LIE that is permanant.. the admins are just too LAZY to do it!

I'm sorry, but you didn't contact the admins to close your account. Accounts are not deleted, but closed per request. I've taken care of that for you.

We would like to encourage you to speak with your physician to help you get some sleep and further help managing your new situation, including your diet. Being a new parent is very stressful and sometimes you do have to reach out for help, but you also have to be willing to accept it. We wish you the best of luck :hug: