Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #76  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainy View Post
I'm sorry to tell you but going on a diet, whatever it is, and loosing weight needs some committment and some changes.
This really hit the nail on the head. Permanent, healthy weight loss takes commitment, sacrifice, flexibility, and willingness to go the extra mile (quite literally!) There are tons of great suggestions on this thread; it's your choice whether to dismiss them or incorporate them into a new lifestyle.

Weight loss requires change... so an important question is, what changes are you willing to make in order to lose the weight?

Last edited by Ija; 04-08-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #77  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2Bthin View Post
I weigh 192 and need to get down to 125 by September...
What's going on in September?

This would require an average loss of 3 lbs or more per week, and that's a pretty tall order, especially for someone starting out at under 200 lbs., with so many stressors and obstacles in your way.

I'm wondering if part of your resistance to nearly all suggestions, is because you're not sure if you really want to lose this weight, or aren't willing to make the extreme changes necessary to do so. It's easier to say it's impossible than to say you don't want to do it or fear you can't (which by shooting down almost every idea, seems to be what you're trying to say, whether you realize it consciously or not).

If you don't want to lose the weight or aren't willing to make the required changes - then don't, but accept the fact and stop stressing over it. Overweight and healthy may be unlikely, but overweight and happy is possible. And if you're not willing to change, at least acknowledge it and move on

If you're willing to make some small changes, then do those, but you're not going to lose 3 lbs a week with small changes. In fact, even if you were willing to make extreme changes (which you don't seem to be), it's entirely possible that 3 lbs a week is unattainable.

Another thing to consider is that event-based goals are the least likely to result in long-term success. If the focus is making it to the event, and not lifelong changes, you're almost guaranteed to gain it all back (and probably a little bit more) as soon as the event is over, and possibly lowering your metabolism in the bargain.

You're still young enough that you may not be experiencing any of the adverse health effects of an unbalanced diet. Be aware though, that once you do start experiencing problems, they tend to snowball. You feel fine, until suddenly you don't.

Being that fast, healthy, and cheap is virtually impossible, and you have no choice about the cheap; I'd encourage you to choose healthy over fast. You may not fully appreciate why until it's too late.

Last edited by kaplods; 04-08-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #78  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
Want2B, you can calorie count on that amount of money. There are lots of easy whole food recipes that aren't difficult or time consuming to prepare. It really is about priorities.

This is quite possibly the first time I have ever seen any quote themselves on a public forum.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #79  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I would agree, if someone keeps making excuses why they can't do something, then they truly don't want to do it.

I would think about your child, what examples do you want to set for your child? Do you want your child to be healthy? Do you want to be healthy? You may just not be ready to lose weight at this time.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #80  
Closed

S/C/G: doomed to be fat and ugly fore

Height: doomed to be fat and ugly forever :(

doomed to be fat and ugly forever

Last edited by want2Bthin; 04-08-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #81  

Quote:
class reuinion is in september.. if I cant loose the weight, then I cant go.
BALONEY! There's no "weight limit" for admission to class reunions. What you mean is that if you can't lose the weight you don't want to go.

Are you saying that overweight people shouldn't be allowed to go to class reunions? Maybe have a scale at the door? Only thin people are worthy of having a life, having fun, going out in public? And while we're at it, let's throw out the guys who have lost some of their hair, and anyone who has aged ungracefully. Only perfect people allowed (not going to have many people there, in that case)

Suck it up, and go, enjoy yourself and look great whether at 125 lbs or 192.

If you are putting off enjoying your life until you are at a certain weight, you will be miserable - and miserable women tend to turn to food for comfort. Choose to have a life NOW and it will be a lot easier to lose the weight (if that's what you choose to do).

It's common in our culture to think that we have to lose weight in order to have self-confidence, self-worth, and any enjoyment in life whatsover. That's absolute garbage. In my experience, more women are fat because they lack self-esteem than lack self-esteem because they are fat. Losing weight should be a way to pamper your wonderful self, not punish yourself for not being perfect.

You are worthy of that class reunion, whether you've gained weight or lost. There will be MANY people there who have gained weight since high school - a lot more who have gained than lost. And I will bet that many will have gained alot more than 60lbs (and many won't have had a pregnancy to have contributed to it).

Losing weight for a class reunion is a common fantasy - but it's just that a FANTASY, not a requirement. And the very sad fact is, that whether you walk into that reunion at 192 or at 125 - the only one for whom it will make the least amount of difference, is YOU. Why do you have to choose whether or not to enjoy yourself (or even allow yourself the opportunity) based on a number on a scale - a number that isn't going to matter to anyone but you (and only if you let it).

Last edited by kaplods; 04-08-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #82  
Closed

Old 04-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #83  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

There sure were some big ole' girls at my last reunion--we partied all night though..and it's funner now--NO CURFEW!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #84  
Closed

Old 04-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #85  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Quote:
I need to loose the weight, look good at 125 and flaunt that Im one of the few still wearing the same size that I wore in high school.
Given your current attitude (especially your unwillingness to cook, exercise or take any advice) this just isn't going to happen.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Default Fat doesn't work for me

Quote:
whatever worked for them.. being fat doesnt work for me.
If you don't like being fat.......DO SOMETHING ABOUTIT....start by not complaining, whining and finding excuses. If you want to do it FIND A WAY.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:28 PM   #87  
Closed

Old 04-08-2009, 10:33 PM   #88  

Quote:
whatever worked for them.. being fat doesnt work for me.
Then do something about it, and stop whining. Stop arguing and complaining and criticizing us for not helping you enough. Weight loss isn't magic - it's work, and usually hard work. Work you're not willing to do. If a few minutes in front of the stove once a month is too much work for you, and all of the other excuses you've made, there just isn't a plan on the planet that could work for you. Shooting down every suggestion as soon as it's given, just shows that you want the results, but not the work.

Doing it to impress people (who aren't going to be impressed, anyway because most people aren't nearly that shallow as to care more about a dress size than real accomplishments - and the fact is that most aren't so shallow that they care more about accomplishments than people).

I'm sorry you're life isn't what you'd like it to be - but only you can do something about that.

And if you're only wanting to go to a class reunion to impress people (and not catch up with old friends and enjoy a nice party) - then don't go, because even if you walk in there at 110 lbs - stunningly model gorgeous, NO ONE IS GOING TO BE IMPRESSED, because they're going to have real lives, and aren't going to care about such completely superficial meaningless crap. No one is going to give more than a few second's notice (if they even notice at all) that you've managed to get skinny for a high school reunion (that's hollywood b.s. that's not real life). Why you wouldn't go to show off pictures of your beautiful new baby, (which is meaningful enough that someone might actually feel some genuine emotion about) but only to show off a dress size is quite sad. Class reunions are not to flaunt anything (only people with nothing important in their lives, think that). Class reunions are to catch up with old friends, reminisce a bit and have fun at a nice party. Sadly anyone just there to impress is going to be very sadly surprised to find that no one really cares about such completely superficial trivia.

But hey, if impressing is so important - just go there and lie. Tell some really big whoppers about your income and accomplishments - it fits all of your requirements - results without any work, but don't expect people to be impressed at that either, because I don't know anyone who actually went to a class reunion who cared about any of that crap. They only came home and laughed at all the people who were so obviously there to brag about what they've done or how they look 10 years after graduation - the only people they remember are those that they had fun talking to.

Last edited by kaplods; 04-08-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #89  
Closed

Old 04-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #90  
Closed

Last edited by want2Bthin; 04-08-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Closed Thread