Old 02-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #1  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Default 40-Somethings Feb. Chat

OK... I was the January thread killer so thought I would start February's.

How's everyone doing?
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:39 AM   #2  
Begin againer

S/C/G: 235.6/221.6/185

Height: 5'7"

BEAUTIFUL pictures, Cruise...what an awesome way to celebrate! Happy Anniversary!
All's well on my end. Wishing everyone a great day and GREATER choices.
forme01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #3  

I am doing really well as far as staying OP and working out. Lost another pound this morning so was very happy about that. I am loving running and found out that one of my friends has started running too so once it warms up we plan on running together. I never in million years thought I would ever be a runner!! How is everyone else doing lately?
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #4  
Eat Less Move More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
I never in million years thought I would ever be a runner!!
I can relate Beemer, I am currently on week 5 day 2 of the C25K program and I can't wait to actually be running miles at a time. The weather here is perfect so I'm hoping in a few weeks to move my run from the treadmill to the great outdoors.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #5  
Eat Less Move More

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme01 View Post
BEAUTIFUL pictures, Cruise...what an awesome way to celebrate! Happy Anniversary!
All's well on my end. Wishing everyone a great day and GREATER choices.
Thank you, how are you doing?
Old 02-04-2009, 06:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Smile

Cruise: Thanks for starting the new thread! I didn't even realize it was time!
Love your pics! Happy Anniversary!

To all the newbies.. I have to say that this forum helps you to keep going! Keep posting.

I am at a slow point but am exercising and eating OP.

I am sick of the cold and want spring to come!!!

The economic situation is hitting closer to home and is very scary. I am kind of glad that my focus is so tuned into weight loss. Not sure how I would be feeling if not focussed on it.

Keep rockin it everybody!!!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/200/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone....I think these monthly chats are a good idea...keeps everyone current somehow.

Just got back from the Y...spent 45 minutes on the treadmill, and another 20 minutes doing some upper body conditioning.

feels great...and a good way to burn off the cookie guilt trip I have been on since yesterday.

Ok...one question...I did a "signature" with my weight tracker, but can not figure out how to make it a permanent signature on my blogs....I must be missing something somewhere. Can anyone help?

thanks, Sandra
fitredchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Cat - On the other thread I left a little note tell you how beautiful the place you went to was. Would have loved to seen it myself. My goal in life is to get to travel and get to experience the beauty of our land. Maybe one day. Hey a girl can dream.

Beemer - you rock! I don't think that for the life of me I could run. Walk yeah, run well lets say there best be flames coming from somewhere. I think that it is great that you will have yourself a buddy to run with too. I know if it wasn't for my best friend there would be days that I would not workout. Good thing about buddies keeps us focused.

Hattie - you will get there just keep on keeping on! I hate to hear about things hitting too close to home. I know it would be hard for me to concentrate on dieting in a time like this as I am a stress eater at best. Several months ago I was offered another job but didn't take it. I am glade for now. I would have been working in the local cable company and you know that when times gets hard something have to go. I figured that the grocery business would be the best bet. So I stayed at my job and am managing to cope with the extra stress by exercising. Just keeping your thoughts positive and know that if you ever need a ear we will be here for you.

Hello to every! Right now I am like Hattie and am ready for winter to be gone! The weather this week so far has made it hard to get out and go to the plex to workout. Trying my best to stay OP, it is hard with work(weather has made it much busier) and an upcoming speech comp. My son has been staying school to prepare and I have been going there to help with his team. We are suppose to have a comp. the Sat. but I think it has been canceled. State is in March and lots of work to do. Ok sorry to go on and on. Here to a great day tomorrow to everyone!
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:59 PM   #9  
Returning Member

S/C/G: 220/217/160

Height: 5'10"

Smile

Hello everybody. It's Thursday night, and I've been doing okay with the exercising, but not the eating. Like Mel, I also walk my dog as a source of exercise. I have a German shepherd that I take for a 2 3/4 mile walk, and lately, I've been doing some jogging, too. I have a weight set at home, so I've been doing that and some Yoga, too. I'm a consultant, and lately I've been working from home quite a bit, which gives me a little more time to work out - if I take advantage of it. I really need to. I have more of a problem controlling what I eat, rather than not exercising. I like food, especially the bad carbs. I'm slowly doing better though.

Nice pictures, Cat. And I hope to get to know you all (ya'll) better as time goes on (and the weight comes off).

Way to go with the workout, Sandra. Also, I just created my weight tracker. Once you create the code for the tracker, copy and paste it into your signature. After you do that, make sure you scroll down and save the changes.
IDBigbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:27 AM   #10  
Begin againer

S/C/G: 235.6/221.6/185

Good morning everyone. I forgot it was Feb and checked in on the ole thread. Where did Jan go?
Hugs and support to each of you...Thanks for being here.
forme01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:33 AM   #11  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Hope all of you 40 somethings have a great day! I agree, where did January go? I am so looking forward to spring and warmer weather. I usually get very down in February but I am hoping this year with regular exercise I will not have that problem. Keep it up! We CAN do this!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Here's where you are! Took me awhile to find you.
Cat- the pictures are great-what a super way to celebrate your anniversary.
We went to Radium & Banff hot springs this past weekend, though they're not as natural as your location.

Sounds like everyone is doing a good job staying OP this week.

While walking I'm trying to go at a quicker pace and I've started using some iPod podcasts that have a certain number of beats per minute. Istarted with 130 which is the lowest one I could find and I thought it was fast LOL a lot of improvement to be made. Have a great day all!
CanadaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 180 / 169 / 150

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone. I am a newbie here...just wanted to jump right in and say hi. As many of you, I started my diet as a new year resolution. I am doing pretty good so far, but I just can't make myself exercise. Any suggestions? I just hate exercising.....I know it will speed things up, just can't make myself do it.
tanyaskees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #14  

CruiseCAT, I too love the hot springs! I was born in San Bernadino and lived right below Arrowhead Mountain. We had springs on the grounds of the place that we lived at. My dad managed a hotel and we lived in a bungalow on the grounds. I think we lived in like Lucille Ball's or Bob Hope's bungalow that they would stay in when it was a hotel open the the public. It was a Hilton then. Anyway, my heart is still there as I now live in snowy cold Michigan. I keep asking my parents why they moved us back here!!

Welcome tanyaskees to the board!! Exercise is hard to get started but once you do you will be glad you did. I used to be a walker for years and years. Recently I started running which I really still can't believe and actually love it now. I ran 2.5 miles today. You feel so much better when you work out, trust me!! Everyone else doing ok today?
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Smile

Sandra: IDBigbird answered your question already. Make sure you copy it and paste it into your signature option under user control. Very important SAVE.

Tanyaskees About exercising.. Try something small and build on it. Make a routine out of it. When it is part of a daily routine, it won't seem like a choice. There will be hard days but just keep doing it. The feelings you will get from it will override the feelings of not wanting to do it. I was never into exercise but now I love it! I love the energy I get from it. I actually have a spring in my step. I workout in the AM and some PMs. I mostly do the treadmill, elliptical, and wii fit. Luckily, I have these at home. I know I would make up a ton of excuses NOT to go to a gym. I also use a pedometer all of the time. It gives me a base of when I need to get more exercise in. I try for at least 10,000 steps a day. When I am at work, I look at it and might take longer walks down a hall to increase my steps. My biggest suggestion is make it routine. Whatever you pick. Set a time of day and give the gift of health to yourself. We can always find 30 min. to do something!

Thanks for the dust gigglez! We can always use that! Thank you for the kind words!

You all are great! So glad I have you in my life!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote