Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 05:30 AM   #1  

Default PINK FLAMINGO CAFE - Friday, April 26th

Rise and shine. Ok...just rise then. LOL Heck that's all I can do, don't feel like shining yet. Maybe later.

Well ladies I WI this morning....down 1 pound. Actually I WI yesterday because I was too dang nosey and it said down 3 but today it only says one. <sigh> I need to watch thing a little more closely I guess.

Anyways, water's on for coffee and tea. Come pull up a chair and tell us how you're doing....
Old 04-26-2002, 07:05 AM   #2  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Good morning Christine! Thanks for opening up for us...I'm definitely awake but I don't think I'm shining yet--I need to brush my teeth! EEEEEWWWW... CONGRATULATIONS ON THAT POUND THROWN AWAY FOREVER! Good job!

Emmy, I'm sorry about that accident--soooo happy that no one was hurt....and you didn't get a ticket! Good job on staying OP yesterday. Ummmm...about those typing skills--sure...I do this for a living but that doesn't mean I don't make mistakes or type grammatically correct all the time. Heck, when I'm tired no telling what I'll type!

Pat, good job staying on program last night. 45% off?! Now THAT is a good sale! Last night I was just tired. I couldn't bear to look at my computer monitor--after working on a computer for 7 1/2 hours during the day I just couldn't get up the gumption to come into the office last night...so I vegged out on the sofa watching tv.

My foot is getting better and I can really tell its healing. In the mornings there is only some swelling but by the time I go home in the evening its a tad swollen but as soon as I prop it up and by the time I go to bed at night the swelling is down considerably.

Well, today is another lunch out. I have no idea where I'm being taken out to. Tomorrow is weigh-in for me. I hopped on the scale this morning (yeah, I know--stay off it) and I'm the same as last week but tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I know I really have to get back to walking to lose anything I think. Anyway, I've been on program.
Old 04-26-2002, 08:27 AM   #3  
banned

Thumbs down

Good morning PINKIES

I'm SO happy that it's Friday...even if I DO have lots of work to do this weekend. It's back to work as usual on Monday, and Sam arrives Tuesday night.

Hubby got my computer up and running last night...he even stayed up late to finish it up, bless his wittle heart.
You know, I'm a little concerned with anyone that was in my email address book...hoping that no one was passed on this virus. If you think you got any funky email from my cablenet address please check into it. I'm sure you all have an antivirus program installed, but please be aware of this happening. I'm seriously considering just using hotmail.
Speaking of hotmail....thank you for sending your email addresses. Now please send some pictures! I've got the album set up! As soon as I get some pics in it I'll send you all the url and password.

I did really well on program yesterday. For some strange reason I wasn't that hungry most of the day. I ate half a bag of popcorn for supper at work, just felt like munching, and then had a packet of Easy-Mac when I got home...which I shared with Preston. I swear that kid is going to be the main factor in helping me keep my portions under control.

Christine Thanks for opening up the CAFE this morning. I'm a long way from shining, but a good cuppa coffee sure will help.
WEIGH TO GO on shedding ONE MORE POUND forever! You are doing SO GOOD!

Gail Glad to hear your foot is feeling better. I know you're anxious to start walking again. I have no excuse, I should be moving my ample bottom any chance I get. (_'_)
It's hard to stay off the scale when we're so anxious to see how we're doing. If we work the program then we're gonna lose the weight. You WILL have a great WI tomorrow.
Who's taking you out to lunch tomorrow? It's so hard to plan when you don't know what's on the menu. When all else fails, stick with the grilled chicken and salad.

Pat Ya gotta love a bargain! That's probably the only way I buy clothes for myself, is if I see a really good sale going on. There's a Cato store in the mall where I work, they have great clearance sales going on all the time. As soon as new stock comes in they put the older stuff on at fantastic prices. They also gave me a Cato card that hubby doesn't know about!
Good job working the program!

emmy So glad no one was hurt and there wasn't any damage to the cars. I haven't been driving that long (about 2 years) and the worse that's happened to me is squishing a squirrel and trimming a lilac bush with the rear end of my car. Hubby will NOT let me forget about the lilac bush. My only defense..."IT WAS RAINING AND I'M NOT USE TO BACKING UP YET!"

Well, I'm going to have to pour myself another coffee and go back to read last night's thread. I can't remember a darn thing.

I'll be back....
Old 04-26-2002, 08:49 AM   #4  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Good morning Judy, well the truth will be known on the scale tomorrow morning! Today I'm being taken out to lunch (along with another secretary) by an instructor in my department (Secretary's Day). I don't know where I'm being taken to. I just hope I can get a salad somewhere. My ankle is still week and my foot aches if I walk on it too much but I really want to start walking again. Hopefully, I'll be able to email you some new pictures this weekend. Thanks for doing that for us! Preston is just trying to help you out! Good job on staying OP yesterday. Some days are easier; some days are more difficult that's for sure!
Old 04-26-2002, 09:06 AM   #5  

Good Morning Pinkies Not awake yet. I'm tired this morning...Only here till 12:30 and then off to the dentist

Christine Way to go girlfriend. I am glad for you. Sorry I can't walk with you today and the sun is shining... Hope you have a good weekend at camp.

Emmy Seem like you and I are the night owls here, I just knew the water would do the trip before you go to bed. I am glad you had an OP da.

Gail Yes we get an extra 15% off, but I have to put out $200-$250 to get my car inspected this weekend. Oh, well, we will get more discounts down the road. Next time I will be down more and can buy outfits for Sept. trip to FL

Good Morning Judy, Sharon and Joyce I will be back later.
Old 04-26-2002, 09:13 AM   #6  

Judy Good Morning, we posted at the same time. I had to answer the phones, get my gift from my section for Secretary's week... $60 to a local mall. Going shopping... just wish it was to the mall I work at

Gail Enjoy your lunch out with the staff. They are taking me out next week. Hope your foot feels better soon.

back to work...
Old 04-26-2002, 09:29 AM   #7  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Hi Pat! My foot is healing--just needs time is all. I was looking at your signature line--very impressive...and very motivating to me. You're doing great!
Old 04-26-2002, 09:37 AM   #8  
One Day At A Time

Good Morning

Hope everyone is more awake than me Had a big salad last night and it gave dh a bad bellyache. Have no idea what it was but he was miserable last night. I ate almost the same thing and I feel fine. Was OP yesterday. At the top of points and not over.

Christine - One more pound gone!!! YEAH!!! Are you going out to your camp this weekend. Oh yeah, you had to make up a baseball game. Well, hope it is a good weekend for you...

Gail - Glad to hear your ankle is getting better. And I hope you will manage to find something good for lunch today. Low points and low salt if you are weighing in tomorrow - not if - when you weigh in. The buffet we went to on Wed - one of the guys always pays then we pay him back for our part of it - I found out that buffet alone was $15. Yikes - I hope we don't go there again. Wasn't all that good and I did not get anywhere close to $15 worth.

Judy - Sounds like Preston is going to keep your portion sizes down whether you want to or not. I just love it when one of my grandkids cuddles up close so they can eat off my plate. I can get lots of cuddling in that way.

Hi emmy -

I better get - haven't gotten done what I was supposed to. I had to go get a caffeine soda to go with my breakfast. I don't like to drink the stuff this early but I don't like coffee.

Later PINKIES
Old 04-26-2002, 10:16 AM   #9  
I will do it this time

Good Morning!
Old 04-26-2002, 10:40 AM   #10  
One Day At A Time

GOOD MORNING SHARON

Old 04-26-2002, 12:11 PM   #11  

Pinkies Have a wonderful OP afternoon. I am out of here shortly. Dentist appt...

Ok, I'm at
Egg w/cheese 2 + 3 = 5 pts
Tuna fish - 2 pts
Canned fruit - 2 pts
Peanut butter - 2 pts
32 oz water, makes my total 11 pts...

Joyce-You did every well last night, sorry to hear dh had an upset stomach.

Sharon-Good Morning

Gail-Glad to hear your foot is getting better. Have a good lunch.

Judy-Sounds like your little helper is helping you out more than you know. Jeremiah is one to share with me.

Emmy-HOpe you have a good day and it's Friday...

Christine-Ok, girl, we are walking as much as possible next week... you know I will be walking my butt off Monday...

Ok, out of here... see you sometime this weekend... busy one again!... Oh, just a short update, Mike e-mailed me again... been busy working on the tree farm and his farm in the evenings dealing with grass & his horses...
Old 04-26-2002, 12:50 PM   #12  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Talking Need Help

I'm back from lunch out. I need help in figuring points...

I had a shrimp wrap...this is how it was made:

One tortilla was used. It was green. What's that?!

Wrapped in the green tortilla there was boiled baby shrimp (not a lot...maybe all of 2 points.

Then there was some boiled egg (maybe 1 egg...maybe 1 1/2 eggs)...maybe 3 points.

Then there was some caesar dressing (not mixed in with the shrimp or the egg)...4 points?

On the side there was potato salad...maybe 1/3 cup...how much is that?! 4-6 points?

And iced tea...

Help.
Old 04-26-2002, 01:35 PM   #13  
banned

Gail Sounds like you're guesstimating pretty well on those points. Um, I'm not sure I could eat a green tortilla, but I would probably count it as 2 or 3, depending on the size.
Sounds like you did VERY well... what were the choices like?

to all the other PINKIES coming and going.
Old 04-26-2002, 01:39 PM   #14  
One Day At A Time

I don't have my books with me, guessing.

How big was the tortilla? An 8" flour low-fat tortilla is 2 points. It was probably spinach?

The other guessimates sound good. Maybe high on the dressing depending how much there was>

Sounds like you did pretty good tho.
Old 04-26-2002, 06:24 PM   #15  

Hi Ladies! I could of swore that I was in here more than once today.....don't know where my post went. Oh well. I'll catch up quickly here.

Gail - Thanks. I wish it would have been more gone but guess I'll take what I can. I always hope that after a week of a gain that the next week I'll at least lose what I gained. I feel behind...which is probably where it is...on my behind! ROFL I think you counted your lunch points pretty good. Sounds like a great lunch.

Emmy - I must have missed something.....accident. Goodness, I see you're ok. I'm glad. Are you headed to camp this weekend?

Judy - Thanks. I think my computer is ok. Just downloaded the latest virus update. Seems to be ok. Still don't know what the e-mail was though. Have a great weekend. You are doing so good. Can I borrow Preston for a portion control lesson?

Pat - The afternoon dragged without you there. Walking next week is a must! Go spend that SEcretary's gift you got girl!

Joyce - I love salads. I'd get a funny look if I tried to serve that to my whole family though. Yep headed out to camp soon. Ball games tomorrow.

Sharon - Have a great weekend. Hope you're doing well.

Well everyone is ready to shove off but me. I wanted to bye to my friends till Sunday. I'll miss the cafe but keep the conversation flowing and the program working. I'll catch up when I get back.
Closed Thread