Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 06:30 AM   #1  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Thumbs down PINK FLAMINGO CAFE - Wednesday, April 24

Good morning everyone...wake up wake up wake up...

I'm pouring coffee...does anyone else want some?

BRB
Old 04-24-2002, 06:45 AM   #2  
banned

Coffee?? Omigosh yes! Thank you Gail

I'll be back...making the drop off run.
Old 04-24-2002, 06:46 AM   #3  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

I'm baaaaack....

I couldn't get in here last night (early evening)--this website must've been really busy and I didn't try again later. I know I owe some of y'all a recipe and I have't forgotten.

I had to go back and read the ending to yesterday's thread...camping...I'm not much of a camper--give me a nice hotel room and I'm cool. I think it has something to do with me having allergies or something--that and my family never went camping when I was younger. We had a beach house so I do remember bonfires on the beach with all my aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends.

Christine, did you miss me at dinner last night?!

Sharon, are you ready for another "fun-packed" day at the office? Yesterday just about killed me!

Judy, SIX more days until Sam arrives...just in case you forgot!

Emmy, you are doing so well on program! I read what you ate yesterday! Are you eating within your points range? My parents are coming from Virginia Beach for a visit next month--Amanda's second birthday party. Then my oldest daughter and I will be in Virginia Beach for the boardwalk artshow--have you ever gone to that? We go every year. Last year, it got rained out on Saturday. Hope that doesn't happen this year--we really enjoy it.

Pat, how are you feeling today? I know you said you were feeling blue. (((HUG))) Good luck today when you weigh in.

Joyce, when Amanda and I color she picks out the crayon I use...and doesn't let me color with it for very long--I have to be quick.

Well...I guess I had better get started getting ready for work...
Old 04-24-2002, 06:47 AM   #4  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Judy

...here you go <pouring coffee>...

Old 04-24-2002, 07:16 AM   #5  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default Good Morning!!

...and please Gail...I would LOVE a cup of that coffee....

Gotta run ...it's the morning race ya know one kid off and 2 to go LOL!!
Yes...Gail I think I was a little low on points yesterday but I have a Dr.'s lunch today and I am cooking barbeque in the crockpot for tonight so I will have a higher day today. It's been many years since I made it to the Boardwalk Art Show.....way too many!!!

All of you PFC gals have a great day!!!! I gotta scoot....

I'll be here tonight!!

emmy
Old 04-24-2002, 07:20 AM   #6  

Morning Ladies. My eyes are a little wider open this morning. I went to bed at 8:30 last night. Of course I didn't get to sleep till probably 9:30 with all the commotion my husband and son was causing. LOL

Gail - Supper was ok, not great. You didn't miss much. It was nice having it cooked already but.....

Sharon - How'd you do at your grandson's ball game? Did you go to Subway? Tomorrow night we have a game. I'll have to figure something out for supper.

Pat - What did you end up with for supper last night? Now remember we are PINK Flamingos not BLUE Flamingos. Cheer up, dear.

HC - You must not live far away from all your drop off points. Hurry back.

Emmy - I don't have any hook-ups at our site. But then I don't have a laptop either. YOU did great yesterday ignoring that cake. Keep it up.

Ok, well according to the clock I'm suppose to be working. Guess I better find something to do huh?

Oh yea ended yesterday 3 points over. <sigh> I hate starting my day in the deficiet.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:51 AM   #7  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Thumbs down ...right before I leave to go to work...

<searching for my sunglasses>...

Emmy...good luck today at that lunch. Tomorrow I have a luncheon/meeting to attend and I'm nervous about that. You gotta get down there to see that boardwalk art show...it keeps getting better each year...if that is possible! My oldest daughter and I go with my mother and we always drive down on Thursday evening, go on Friday...and maybe Saturday again and drive back Saturday evening.

Christine, gonna walk again today? I swear I miss walking and as soon as I can I will! What are you having for lunch today? I'm having a turkey sandwich w/lite mayo on regular bread (more filling) for 4 points w/cherry tomatoes and celery sticks on the side, and an apple. 5 point lunch!

Later...got to get going...
Old 04-24-2002, 07:59 AM   #8  
banned

Gail Bless you... sllllurrrp

Yes! 6 more days! I knew you would help me keep track in case I forgot.

Yesterday was another good day, even though we did end up going out for chinese. I think I might've gone over by 8, I might be calculating things high too. I had steamed dumplings, steamed rice with beef and brocolli, a small serving of lo mein noodles (which I didn't eat all of) and a piece of teriyaki chicken. I could've had some fresh fruit for dessert but I was honestly full. Hubby was impressed with me! He knows how much I love chinese food. If it were before I wouldn't have given anything a second thought, 2nd and 3rd helpings was the usual. I guess I was impressed with me too.

Today and tonight is definitely going to take some planning. We're having our usual Wednesday night get together with some friends, and they want to come over and order pizza. I'm going to make a HUGE salad to go with it. This is a couple where the woman is excessively unhappy and eats her way through the day. The man is an alcoholic and cracks open a beer for breakfast. Hubby has known this guy for years and years. With me counting points and hubby not drinking a drop you'd think they'd get bored with us, but they keep on comin' back. The one good thing is they never stay very late. Everyone has to work the next day, so it's always an early night. I think they just like to have someone to talk to other than each other.
So, now that I've rambled on about it, I just wanted y'all to know I'm planning a very low point day and I'll have a generous salad before a slice of pizza. I'm also planning on drinking lots of water today to flush out any extra sodium I might've ingested.
Don'tcha just love a PLAN?

Joyce The college is here, in nearby Radford. VERY good school...she's interested in taking the teaching courses. It's been 2 years since I've seen her. She was here this time of year in 2000, just before Preston was born. So she hasn't met her little nephew yet. It's going to be a big reunion. We all miss her so much.

Sharon Now that I've read what a lizard eats I should've realized before hand. That same friend I mentioned above had a big lizard named Louie, and that's what they were raising to feed him. Louie has since gone to lizard heaven and they had huge tanks full of mice to get rid of. I believe the local pet shops inherited them.

emmy I've been wearing the no-line bifocals for almost 4 years now. Yes, they took some getting use to. I'm fine with them now...in fact I use a compact lens in a much smaller frame. With me wearing them it makes is easier to help first time wearers...I give them a few extra hints.
Good for you for staying strong with all the goodies at the Tea!
I'm going to work on that online album soon. If ya wanna see my little sweetheart I could always email a picture to you. It looks like we can't attach pics here like we use to.
Which brings me to....

Gail I think an online album for the PINK FLAMINGO CAFE would be great. Do you want me to set it up? We can all be responsible for contributing pictures of course! I wanna see all the PINKIES!

Christine and Pat You two are doing SO good with your walking! I really have to start moving my butt again. I intended to start the walking tapes again, but just can't find the energy. I know if I DO start then the energy will find me...it's a vicious circle isn't it?

Well it looks like every single PINKIE is doing so well On Program! What a group!

Okay, gotta hit the shower and decide what I'm going to wear. It's going to be a pretty slow day, I hope I get a chance to peek in later from work.

Repeat after me....
OP OP OP OP OP OP OP
Old 04-24-2002, 09:05 AM   #9  

Good Morning Pinkies

Thanks for all the warm thoughts, Yes, I've been Blue and I should be in the Pink. Let me spill my guts here, it's cause of Mike, I haven't heard from him since Thursday. Everything went very well the last time I was out there, why is it we wrap our hearts around men so easily. I should know better, been down this road so many times... Ok, on a brighter note, I won a gift certificate to a local Resturant/Bar. Now, maybe I should just go one night and see who I can met..

Gail Thanks for opening. I will report back in after I have WI at lunchtime. Your trip to VA Beach sounds like so much fun. Haven't been to an Art show in a long time, use to go to a very good one in CT

Judy WOW, 2 years is a long time. I am so glad to see your family is all going to be together soon. The photo album sounds great, I guess I better have someone take some photos of me.. I never did take one before I started to loss all this weight.. oh, well. Enjoy your salad tonight.

Christine Good Morning, thanks for the support. I guess you will have to walk by yourself today, sinice I have WI. It's my 2 year anniverary with DEP.. I'm getting subway for lunch today, need to stop eating there all the time, maybe I should get a salad.

Ok, better get some work done. Emmy hope you do ok with points today. Joyce & Sharon Good moring, see you two later.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:09 AM   #10  
One Day At A Time

You know that word that starts with an s and ends with a t. I just said it. Lost the whole post. I put too many icons in it and it said to go back and it deleted it. GRRRRRRRR I should always remember when I do a long post to copy it so I can paste it back, just in case.

Let's see want I can remember. And in abbreviated form

emmy - Yes, Jade is granddaughter. 3 1/2 and cute as a button of course.

Gail - Jade always does that to me too. I have to color with the ones she hands out. Yesterday she said to write her name then my name. I wrote Joyce. But that's NOT my name. My name is Grammie!!! Don't you just love em!!!

Judy - I didn't realize that this was not just a visit. She's actually going to move there with you!!

I got to 'chat' with ds in MO and ds in AK yesterday. That was fun. DS in MO didn't know how to set up the IM for his brother in AK so we did that over the computer. Kinda fun when DS in MO knows next to nothing about computers. We started with just IM then DS in AK opened a chat for us. Never have done that before. Sure was easier than opening a bunch of IM windows.

Do you ever get over missing your kids when they leave home?

Pat - I hope you are feeling better today. Did you get pink nails? {{{{HUGS}}}}

Christine - Wish I could have gotten to bed early. Don't like coffee - anyone have some tea? the caffeine kind no herbal stuff this morning..

Listening to the radio - we have a BIG fire about 30 miles up into the foothills. Yesterday we had bad winds that made the fire really grow and smoke came down into Denver and warnings to asthmatics.

Today I am going to the secretary's lunch. Very nice restaurant with a very nice buffet. I WILL be good. Going to look over everything first then pick what I want. I go to WW tomorrow so that always makes it a little easier to behave myself.

I know I didn't remember a lot of what I said the first time around, but I found a lot more to say anyway.

Later ladies
Old 04-24-2002, 09:14 AM   #11  

Joyce we posted at the same time... Yes I did get Pink nails. MY dd said to me "it'sBarbie PINK. Just can't wear any red for the next two weeks.
Old 04-24-2002, 10:44 AM   #12  
I will do it this time

Good Morning! I am looking at another very busy day. It will stay this way for a while.

I am proud to report that I did stay at max points and it was a miracle. We were running too late to stop at Subway so we went to Jack in the Box. I was tired and frustrated and was on my way to having a Jumbo Jack and fries like Bill and Chris. At the last minute I changed to a chicken fajita pita and small fries. After the game I found I had a total of 15pts and that is exactly what I had left for the day. I am very proud of me.

Hi to everyone. I wish I had time to post to all. I am thinking of you and hope you are all doing great.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:02 AM   #13  
One Day At A Time

Yeah Sharon <high five> Doesn't it feel good to know you can do it.

I am still fixing graphs back from the editor. B O R I N G

That fire is up to 1000 acres. Scary
Old 04-24-2002, 12:20 PM   #14  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Thumbs down Good afternoon!

Hi everyone!

Judy, I say good job on eating out last night! <high-five!> Good plan for tonight also! <high-five!> I'm all for a PFC. Do you wanna do it? Or do you not have time? We all could email you our pictures.

Pat, sure do wish I knew what to tell you about Mike--men! What can I say?! Oh that art show is so much more than just looking at paintings and sculpting...the handmade pottery is just absolutely gorgeous! My mission every year is to buy a really nice piece of pottery.

Joyce, good luck today at lunch! Tomorrow I'm going to a luncheon/meeting and now I've just learned I'm being taken out to lunch on Friday! And Saturday is weigh in! Yep...just love that little girl of mine--I just want to kiss her and hug her all the time! Of couse she won't stand for that--she's always in motion! I have to catch her first! Fires: 30 miles away is not that far!

Sharon, I'm proud of you! I know you get stressed and you did good at dinner last night! (((HUG)))
Old 04-24-2002, 01:43 PM   #15  

Hi Pinkies, I'm back from WI. It's only a .2 loss today. Not much, but it's not a gain.... Have one week off and a new session beginnings May 8th.

Gail - Thanks. I'm not e-mailing, calling or anything. I'm not sure what's up. Going to look forward and just work, and see my grandkids, if something, or I should say, someone comes along, fine.
Closed Thread