Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-07-2008, 11:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/155/135

Height: 5'4

Default Weekends!

Hi everyone! So, who doesn't love weekends?!?! I know I do. I get to the weekend and just go crazy. A lot of times I am able to take time to excerise, but I have such a hard time staying on track with the diet. Food is a part of weekends. I need help with that. I have lost around 5 lbs, but when I got on the scale on Monday morning, I have gained a lb or 2 back! Help!
kitkatjamming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:05 AM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

its all about extending eating habbits to the weekends too....
i still try to exercise and eat a normal amount of calories....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:33 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hi! I agree with sh3l5--it helps to extend the plan into the weekend. Of course, within some limits, you can shift your calories or points around to make some room for a dinner out or an evening with friends. Eat more lightly during the day, but still eat. Or, if it's Sunday brunch you like, eat more lightly the day before and the rest of the day. Just plan ahead, like you would during the week.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 10-08-2008 at 06:33 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:57 AM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Plan, plan, plan! Plan your weekend meals on Thursday so you aren't just winging it over the weekends.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:28 PM   #5  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

I know exactly what you mean. For me, weekends are about socializing and socializing means eating.
Thing is, I have come to the realization that it doesn't have to be like that, I am still struggling with it, but me and my DH are trying to find other things to do together and with friends that don't necessarily involve going out and pigging out. We'll still go out sometimes, but making sure we choose a healthier restaurant and the healthier meal option.
The other thing I have to remind myself is: "I don't have to finish everything on my plate" I now make it a little game for myself and feel so proud when I stop half way through.
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Weekends are hard because we socialize and my routine changes, making nibbling all day easier.

I always see the scale go down during the week, and then bounce back some on Mondays. I think the other issue is that over the weekend I am more likely to get more salt and be retaining water.

Still, over time, I've noticed that successive Mondays are lower than the week before, and that the more I have incorporated changing my eating patterns, the more that translates into weekend eating as well.

I still go out on weekends, but often substitute hot sweetened tea for the dessert my friends have, or alternatively one scoop of sorbet instead of the gooey sticky rich dessert. At first I felt deprived, now I generally prefer my sorbet!

Overall, if from week to week you are showing a loss, I wouldn't get too excited about the fact that weekends are a little more indulgent.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:23 AM   #7  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

I rarely have the entire weekend off from work... I tend to have to work until 12pm or 1pm on Saturday, so this weekend, I'm excited as heck since I've got the whole two days!
Anyway, I find it easier on the weekends on my eating because not only do I sleep in (till like 10am), but I keep myself pretty occupied with cleaning and whatnot. Of course, if I do go out, it can be hard.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote