Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-07-2008, 08:38 AM   #1  
Changing Inside and Out

S/C/G: 276/249/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Really? I mean, Really??

Ok ladies, I am so dang ticked off. Ok, ticked off isn't really the word. Mildly annoyed. Frustrated and in need of validation.

I have lost almost 30 lbs in the last 2 months. And not ONE person has even NOTICED. I mean COME ON !!! REALLY? I MEAN REALLY? No one has noticed 30 lbs loss. I can see the difference in my face alone and I am my harshest critic. How rude !!!

I am proud of myself and still motivated, just annoyed that I have lost 11% of my body weight and no one has even the slightest inkling. Puhleeaase !! Oh and let me mention this, NOT EVEN MY HUSBAND has commented on my loss. Give me 10 more lbs and I will post some before and after, errr, during pics. You CAN and WILL be able to see the difference.

*stepping off soapbox*

(umm, can you tell I just started my period??? )

Last edited by luvin2lose; 10-07-2008 at 08:39 AM.
luvin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/159/130

Height: 5'6"

CONGRATS ON 30LBS!! That's totally fantastic! I'm sorry that nobody has commented, but you should be proud of yourself!

It's a bummer when you feel so good and nobody says anything, but keep going for yourself and brim with new confidence. I think people will start to notice then.

And as for husbands, mine's a great one, but I think I could dye my hair hot pink and he probably wouldn't notice. You should knock his socks off with a sexy outfit.
inanesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:11 AM   #3  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

I hate when that happens. I've lost 20 and so far, only my mom has really made mention of it. Husband said 'hey you're looking good' once and that was it.

You'll lose another 5-10 lbs then all of a sudden people will be like 'whoa, you look great!!' At least, that's what I'm hoping they do to me.

Yeah, we're all doing this for ourselves, blah, blah, blah. But it sure it nice to have your hard work and loss noticed. Hey, I noticed your lost -- congarats!! Keep up the good work.

Last edited by Hat Trick; 10-07-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:13 AM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Congrats on the weight loss! But I understand your frustration... I'm going through the same thing at the moment, only I've lost over 40.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:17 AM   #5  
FB

It took about 60 pounds before anyone noticed my loss, including my hubby. But once the floodgates opened I honestly missed my former anonymity. Don't worry - once the compliments start, they really start.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Congratulations on your 30 lbs, that's awesome! I'm 1 pound away from 30, that is a huge milestone. Don't get annoyed that people don't notice, no one notices mine either, except my husband & the few people I've told that I'm dieting & serious about getting in shape. I think the unfortunately reality of it, is that when you have someone over 200, like ourselves, it's harder to notice. It's sad though... You think someone will & they won't. Like you said, you're your harshest critic, so if you can see it, it's all that matters! Remember your doing this for yourself & not everyone else, that helps me deal with the lack of notice that seems to be going around like the plague!
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #7  
Changing Inside and Out

S/C/G: 276/249/150

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I was and am still feeling frustrated and of course "Aunt Flow" is here for her monthly visit, which tends to make me even more frustrated.

I am looking forward to the compliments. I feel like it will be more of a motivator and I can always use a little extra motivation.

Gratz to all you ladies who have lost. Keep it up !!!
luvin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #8  
One step at a time!

S/C/G: 187/ticker/120

Height: 5'7

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR LOSS!
Mmm actually there´s a LOT of people who don´t commet about weight loss, maybe they do between them, but not directly to you, some do it because they think it may be rude, others are kind of jealous of your loss, others may not be too close to you... but I´m sure they HAVE noticed. One thing is to see you thinner, other to mention it to you!
Ahh post pics, I´m sure you look great!
ChileanChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:27 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB View Post
It took about 60 pounds before anyone noticed my loss, including my hubby. But once the floodgates opened I honestly missed my former anonymity. Don't worry - once the compliments start, they really start.
i'm 5'3" i started at 286 I'm about 210 now. and trust me it took nearly 50 pounds for folks to notice but I agree with FB i really really really miss being ignored....
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #10  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I also wanted to chime in to say that hubbys can be clueless (I say this out of love) because they love us any which way (often times), so they don't think about stuff like that. It's kind of like when you get all dolled up to go out and they don't say anything.

I also noticed that strangers or friends are often reluctant to comment simply because they feel it might be something I'm self conscious about. There are people to this day who haven't said a thing, whereas some people are saying a lot.

As the other said, do it for YOU. That is a huge accomplishment....and in such a short period of time? WOW!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

I'm in the same spot - I'm down 35 lbs and no one can tell!

Although the other night DH did say he though my butt was getting smaller! Maybe I just need to walk around in undies and people would notice - LOL!!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #12  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

My two cents...I'd almost prefer that no one noticed my weight loss. I just passed 30 pounds lost. Since I dropped 10 pounds, everyone in my family (mom, dad, grandmas, aunts, cousins) all commented on my weight loss. But, I think, it was more because of the fact that they knew I was dieting.

IMO, though, the most uncomfortable is when you see people that you haven't seen in months...and they say "Wow! You've lost A TON OF WEIGHT" and all you can imagine them thinking is "And yet you're still fat!!!"
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #13  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Rah Rah For you

Well, we notice!!!!:co ngrat:

It can be tough when no one notices (be sure you're updating your wardrobe so they can notice! I wore my baggies for quite a while when I started to lose weight, so no one really could tell until they caught me in workout wear)

My mom once lost 30 lbs, cut her waist-length hair to shoulder length & dyed it red and it took my dad 3 weeks to notice! (His response: have you changed your hair?)

Congrats & keep it up!
owlmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #14  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Congratulations on 30 pounds!! Oh honey, I've been in your shoes. Trust me, they will notice...too much! It also took me around 50 pounds before I got any comments, and even then they were compliments with an insult attached...Like, "You look goo...er, um, well better"...LOL (I saw that girl the other day and she didn't say a word ). I'm now starting to get comments like, "you are getting too thin, you don't need to lose anymore weight". Pleeeeese, I'm still technically morbidly obese...

Funny though, we had our ANNUAL boy scout hayride/bonfire/wienie roast here at the farm on Sunday, and I haven't seen many of the Dad's for a year...and do you know, not one of them commented...there is a big difference in 110 pounds. My husband says it's a unwritten code with most married guys not to comment on women's weight...EVER. HA!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 10-07-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:00 AM   #15  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Great work on losing 30 pounds!

People who are larger to begin with have to lose more before it's noticeable. Don't stop just because no one has noticed! We share your excitement!

You may also find that as you get smaller, you see a bigger difference with every ten pounds lost.

This is all part of the "paper towel effect." If you start with two large rolls of paper towel, and you take off ten sheets from one roll, the two rolls still look the same. If you keep removing ten sheets regularly from one roll, it will be quite awhile before you see a difference. But suddenly one day, you notice that they really are different--and as you keep going, the difference is more and more obvious with each ten sheets.

Keep going!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote