Support Groups - McSkinney's Loozing Floozies #37

View Full Version : McSkinney's Loozing Floozies #37

4myloves
09-17-2008, 04:25 PM
The Floozies are a great bunch of ladies who've come to depend on each other for friendship and diet (and non-diet) support.

If you're looking for a niche and would like to join our group, we'd love to have you give us a try.

gdeann
09-17-2008, 04:52 PM
YIPPPPEEEEE!!! A new thread!!!! Thanks Cheryl!

Day 7 without wine! Last night I even stopped by the liquor store to pick Steve up a few beers. I walked by the wine, stopped and considered, then went on by. Major victory for me!

Suzy, have fun at the party! How cute she chose a breakfast meal! One time I made a meal and everything just happened to be round. Liz was little so I explained to her we were having a "round" meal theme. Just messing with her. I can't remember everything but I went through the list of foods and said meatballs and monkey balls for dessert! Sooooooo....now monkey bread is officially called monkey balls here! :o

Deelite
09-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Suzy have fun tonight. Yes those little ones grow up way to fast. That is nice that her parents let her choose her birthday dinner though it may be a bit unusual.

Cheryl thanks for starting a new thread. Much better and you do such a good job.

Gayle a round meal sounds like fun. That is cute.

My piggys feel nice and soft. My good little friend moved her shop into the neighborhood so now I can walk over and have her do my pedicures. She is a sweet one.

gdeann
09-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Choosing the meal for the evening has always been something I let my girls do for their birthday too. Some birthdays we have pie instead of cake, just depends what they are in the mood for. I found the cutest pic of cupcakes looking like panda bears, I'll try to find a link. Thinking of making some for allie's birthday in Dec.

gdeann
09-17-2008, 07:12 PM
http://www.projectfoodie.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1011&Itemid=122

gdeann
09-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Pop, pop, popping us to the top! Gotta head out the door! Chat later!

SuzyMc
09-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Monkey balls! :rofl: Choosing the menu for your birthday dinner has always been a tradition in our family...I remember doing it as a kid and our kids did it too. We had a great time last night, but I'm sure the girls had a hard time getting up for school this morning...it was 9:00 before they got to bed!

Thanks for the new thread Cheryl! It's so much faster to load when the threads aren't so long.

Dee ~ I'm glad your piggies are happy! I've never had a pedicure...I can't stand having someone mess with my feet! :dizzy:

Deelite
09-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Aww Gayle they are so sweet. Can I have one?

Suzy it feel so good. I love it. I am glad that the party was a good one.

For bithdays we have always choosen what we wanted for dinner but it always seems like a normal dinner. Like maybe extravegant but normal. Could be lobster, steak, sushi, even home made pizza. No monkey balls....but I would munch up those panda bear cupcakes.

gdeann
09-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Suzy, are we twins? I can't stand anyone touching my feet. It is a quick way for my temper to flare. Steve & both girls LOVE to see if they can get me worked up! It tickles and is almost painful in some ways.

Dee, the cupcakes are adorable! I think I will surprise Allie on her birthday with them. I'll ship you a few but they may have smooshed noses by the time you get them. LOL!

Suzy, I'm making monkey balls this weekend for a brunch!

Deelite
09-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Gayle I am not fussy I will take them with smooshed noses and all. Alli will love them.

I hope Alli doesn't want a bike~but I know she is a good girl not like the story I am about to tell.....

Little Carol came into the kitchen where her mother was making dinner. Her birthday was coming up and she thought this was a good time to tell her mother what she wanted. 'Mom, I want a bike for my birthday.' Now, Little Carol was a bit of a troublemaker. She had gotten into trouble at school and at home. Carol's mother asked her if she thought she deserved to get a bike for her birthday. Little Carol, of course, thought she did.

Carol's mother, being a Christian woman, wanted her to reflect on her behavior over the last year, and write a letter to God and tell him why she deserved a bike for her birthday. Little Carol stomped up the steps to her room and sat down to write God a letter.

LETTER 1:
Dear God:
I have been a very good girl this year and I would like a bike for my birthday. I want a red one.

Your friend, Carol

Carol knew this wasn't true. She had not been a very good girl this year, so she tore up the letter and started over.

LETTER 2:
Dear God:
This is your friend Carol. I have been a pretty good girl this year, and I would like a red bike for my birthday.
Thank you,
Carol

Carol knew this wasn't true either. She tore up the letter and started again.

LETTER 3:
Dear God:

I know I haven't been a good girl this year. I am very sorry. I will be a good girl if you just send me a red bike for my birthday.
Thank you,
Carol

Carol knew, even if it was true, this letter was not going to get her a bike. By now, she was very upset. She went downstairs and told her mother she wanted to go to church. Carol's mother thought her plan had worked because Carol looked very sad.

'Just be home in time for dinner,' her mother said.

Carol walked down the street to the church and up to the altar. She looked around to see if anyone was there. She picked up a statue of the Virgin Mary, slipped it under her jacket and ran out of the church, down the street, into her house and up to her room. She shut the door and sat down and wrote her letter to God.

LETTER 4:
I GOT YOUR MAMA.
IF YOU WANT TO SEE HER AGAIN, SEND THE BIKE.

Signed,
YOU KNOW WHO

ShelleyM
09-19-2008, 06:49 AM
This is ridiculous. I can't find our thread anymore without a link from the moderator? It is very frustrating.

Dee-Cute story. Are you still doing aqua aerobics? They offer it at our gym and I am wondering if it is a good enough workout for me or not.

We always would let our girls choose the evening meal for their birthdays also.

Gayle-Those cupcakes are so cute!

ellis
09-19-2008, 08:56 AM
This is ridiculous. I can't find our thread anymore without a link from the moderator? It is very frustrating.

Shelley, I'm not obliged to post a link. If you have a grief with the forum, I suggest you PM Suzanne or Jennifer.

SuzyMc
09-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Shelley, I agree that this board is huge and it's easy to get lost...just remember to click on "Support Group" (I have that page in my bookmarks to save a few clicks and to avoid the really slow load times) and then we are usually right on page one in the main list of threads.

gdeann
09-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Shelley, I have the 3FC forum saved in my favorites, from there I need to click on support groups like Suzy said. If we keep posting, we are usually on the first page. Hopefully, it will work for you too! I miss hearing from you!

Day 9 wine free!

Did you guys know Wendys no longer carries the GRILLED BLT salad? I drove thru last night and ordered 3 salads, when we started to eat them, we had a "Homestyle chicken breast" on top of the salad. Sure enough, you can no longer get that one with grilled chicken. All of a sudden, my salad jumped to 780 calories! FYI: The ceasar salad and orange salad still come with grilled.

gdeann
09-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Shelley's sentence ended with a question mark meaning she was/is confused. I really don't think she has grief with the forum, just having some problems getting around, thats all. As she stated, it is very frustrating though.

4myloves
09-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Ellis, I'm not trying to start anything, but your remark could be construed as a little harsh for an open forum. :o

I don't think Shelley was trying to insult you or the site in any way, I believe she really was just saying she was frustrated. Her remark wasn't directed at you as a moderator.

Suzanne 3FC
09-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Shelly, click 'thread tools' at the top of this thread and subscribe to it. Then whenever you log onto 3FC, you can go to your UserCP and you'll see the direct link to this thread. Then you can unsubscribe when they start a new one, and subscribe to that one. Hopefully that will make it quicker for you :)

SuzyMc
09-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Suzanne, that method works fine until a new thread is started and then you are lost again. If you notice, we just started a new thread, so that is most likely how Shelley got lost.

ellis
09-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Ellis, I'm not trying to start anything, but your remark could be construed as a little harsh for an open forum. :o

I don't think Shelley was trying to insult you or the site in any way, I believe she really was just saying she was frustrated. Her remark wasn't directed at you as a moderator.

You're right. I'm feeling very emotional, and I did take it personally. I do apologize to all concerned. :( I admit to being very frustrated myself. There have been many posts... and I mean many, not just a few... criticizing the recent changes in Support Groups, and I've personally received some harsh and unwarranted criticism.

I may have become too sensitive to the complaints, and I intend to pass on the moderating of this forum to someone with a thicker skin than my own.

I would like to reiterate my earlier advice. This is a very large forum to moderate, and we're not always able to read each and every post. If you have any concerns or questions about the forum, we do want to hear from you. A PM to any of the moderators or a query posted in the "Questions" sticky here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144294 would be very much appreciated.

Again, I apologize for my abruptness.

Thanks, Suzanne. ;)

Deelite
09-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Hey ladies

Just popping in.

Yes Shelley I still do water aquasize. It depends on the instructor if it is a chalenge or not. I tend to take it as a no to low impact break for my body. I wouldn't just do that, it isn't enough.

I am so excited. Tonight we are going to see Elton John. What an all time star. Then after breakie on saturday we are going to take the T@bin out to the lake. It is warmer than usual so we might as well take advantage of it. I am not sure is we will get another chance before the snow flies.

Have a good one everyone.

4myloves
09-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Wow, Elton John! I'd've loved to have seen him "back in the day." I'm trying to talk Stewart into going to see The Eagles with me.

ShelleyM
09-20-2008, 06:48 AM
Goodness, I didn't mean to start anything. I do click on support groups, but when I got to the 2nd page, I still could not find it without the link. I am sorry if anyone misunderstood my frustration. Thank you Suzanne for clarifying and Ellis for the link. I have been on this board for 8 years and certainly wasn't trying to be mean.

gdeann
09-20-2008, 09:59 AM
{{{HUGS}}} Shelley! We know and that is why we tried to explain the situation. I hope you are able to navigate around here better now.
Are you still riding the bike? I am going to go by me a cruiser today. Nothing fancy, no gears, nothing. I think they are so vintage looking plus I like riding a bike like I did when I was a kid before 5 speeds, 10 speeds etc. NOW, to find an area without dogs which is basically impossible around here!

my cousin & aunt are coming for a visit today. My aunt & mom will visit while my cousin & I work on a scrapbook and have a bi#%$ session. We haven't been able to get together in ages, so it should be a fun day.

Day 10 wine free!!!!

Deelite
09-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Gayle congratulations on 10 days of no wine! Have fun scrap booking.
Last one I did was for Baba. :(

Shelley {{{HUGS}}}

Cheyel the Eagles is an awesome concert. We seen them way back when. The concert was fabulous. I loved it.

I am off for the weekend. You girls better behave and stay out of trouble! ;)

ShelleyM
09-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Cheryl-The Eagles would be awesome to see.

Dee-Did you get any pictures of Elton John?

Gayle-I do still ride. I went 25 last Sunday. I have been riding and running less outside since I joined the gym. I am now taking spinning classes and they are fantastic. I use my biking shoes on the spin bike, so I am locked in. Today's workout was really good.

SuzyMc
09-20-2008, 03:11 PM
It sounds like everyone has a fun weekend planned! I taught a kids quilting class this morning and this afternoon I back working at the fall house cleaning. I just have a week to finish up and then we will have company for most of October! Travis and Noell will be here the first week and Tim's brother and sister-in-law will be here the first part of the month too. My mom's half sister, her daughters and a granddaughter will be staying with her the first two weeks and then my brother gets here on the 20th for a week! October is going to be a very busy month here!

coles
09-22-2008, 07:50 AM
Good Morning gals,
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We worked around the yard, went to a classic car show. I feed all the animals in the yard. I have two chipmunks, lots of doves, rabbits, loads of squirrels, but now I have a large rat. I bought a live trap but whoever went in also got out. Must be the holes are too big. I am going to try wrapping it in screen and hopefully that will work. I won't kill anything - just don't have it in me.
I have been drinking my water and walking, doing not too bad on eating but need to do better.
Have a happy day,
Janice

SuzyMc
09-22-2008, 03:07 PM
I'm the same way Janice! A couple of years ago a family of chipmunks decided that our basement would make a nice home, so I bought a have-a-heart trap and relocated them to a near by park. I took a lot of grief from family members about it, but I just couldn't kill them!

I spent the weekend cleaning and things are really looking good around here. Closets, drawers, cupboards...everything is just about spotless!

I am down a pound this week, so the 21DC must be helping! How is everyone else doing?

Deelite
09-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Suzy I have been faithful with my journaling minus the weekend but I kept track of the points in my head. I am doing great. It keeps me on track.
Good for you for the pound down. Everyone of those pounds adds up.
Wow that is a lot of company. Do you have a plan made as to how you are going to keep a handle on your eatting? That is tough when you are feeding folks that aren't on a diet. Portion control will be important.

Gayle how did you enjoy scrapbooking? What kind of pictures were you doing?
We found three caches this weekend. One was in a beautiful wooded area on top of a large rock that you had to climb. It was my favorite cache so far.

Shelley I haven't taken a spin class yet. The Y ony offers them in the evening and I think only once or possible twice a week. Have you tried aquafit yet?

Cheryl how is little Jake doing? He must keep you so busy. Aren't they a bundle of joy.

Janice we had a hot weekend, what has your weather been like? It is now grey and rainny. It is suppose to be like that til at least wednesday.
You are running a little zoo. I love to feed the animals too. Last fall because I fed the birds we caught an abundance of mice in the yard. We lost count after 23. I stopped feeding them after that. Rats! Yuck!

Tomorrow I head over to the hospital in the morning. I have to be there by 7:00 am. I am having a lumbar rhizotomy done. Ouch, it hurts bad. I am not afraid to say I am scared, I am terrified. I been there once and know how much those epidural needles hurt. Six of them is a bit much for me. The caterization of the nerves hurts way less than the needles in my spine. This time because they are doing 6 instead of 3 they said they would be kind and give me a seditive. Hopefully they count me in as weighing 300 pounds so I can have lots of drugs.
Please say a little prayer for me.

coles
09-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Dee- I feel for you. It must be terrible to know how bad its going to hurt. HUGS

SuzyMc
09-22-2008, 07:21 PM
I'll say a special prayer for you tomorrow Dee! I hope all goes well and that it helps. I go for blood work tomorrow...just one needle, so I don't feel as bad about it now! :wink:

Eating while everyone is here will be easy! My brother-in-law is recovering from a stroke and is on a "low everything" diet. He's lost 40 pounds in the past 6 months and is doing really well, so basically I will just keep cooking the same way I have been.

coles
09-23-2008, 08:14 AM
Dee- Prayers and hugs for you this morning.

4myloves
09-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Dee, I'm thinking of you!!

I have new pictures of Jake, which means you all need to be watching your mail boxes :D

Deelite
09-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Darlene is a very sore and tired Princess. Just checking in to let you know that I made it home. I am going to bed.

SuzyMc
09-23-2008, 05:23 PM
You have been on my mind all day Dee! I'm glad to hear that all went well. Now rest and tomorrow will be a better day!

ShelleyM
09-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Dee-Prayers to you! I'm glad to see you are home. I haven't tried Aquafit. Is it a very good workout? They have it at 6:PM today, but I just can't decide if it would be hard enough for me to try. I really like to sweat and get out of breath!

coles
09-24-2008, 07:51 AM
I'm glad you let us know you are okay. Hope you are feeling better this morning. Take care - Janice

Deelite
09-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Hey girls I am doing great. The pain level is almost nil. I feel fantastic.

So where did everyone go? It isn't contagous you know.

Just 115 days left.....

I am sticking to writing in my journal. I can't believe that even though I am not really trying to stay under my points for the week journaling just makes it happen.

How is everyone else doing on their new habbits?

I can finally go back to the Y and have a shower.....ahhh yes. Now for someone to peel off all the bandages. Did I tell you guys I had 19 needles. Only 8 of them were epidural needles, the other ones didn't hurt as much. I needed to have my IV put in 3 times. That usually sucks but I knew that would be nothing compared to the needles that I would soon be getting.

I just have to share this with you guys. As I think about it it brings tears to my eyes. I was scared and saddened that I had to go into the OR without Sally knowing and praying for me. She would always want to know what the time and day and she would light a candle and say a prayer. I am sure that she probably prayed all day til she heard that I was ok. A lot of people that she knew thought that she was closer to God that anyone they knew. She was like my mom but closer and more like my best friend. Anyways as I was getting prepared in the hospital I felt at peace and wasn't scared. Prayer really does help. I know that some of you prayed for me and I believe that you comforted me and gave me peace. I even felt the presents of my angels around me. I knew that I was going to go through this fine. Thank you, thank you, thank you very much for the prayers. You really don't know how much it means to me.
You gals are the greatest.

gdeann
09-25-2008, 08:43 PM
So happy your feeling better Dee! I didn't light a candle for you but I did pray for you several times throughout the past few days. I hope you continue to find continued comfort!

gdeann
09-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Found this and wanted to share! 100 ways to lose weight!

1. Walk to work.
2. Use fat-free milk over whole milk.
3. Do sit-ups in front of the TV.
4. Walk during lunch hour.
5. Drink water before a meal.
6. Eat leaner red meat and poultry.
7. Eat half your dessert.
8. Walk instead of driving whenever you can.
9. Take a family walk after dinner.
10. Skate to work instead of driving.
11. Avoid food portions larger than your fist.
12. Mow lawn with push mower.
13. Increase the fiber in your diet.
14. Walk to your place of worship instead of driving.
15. Walk kids to school.
16. Get a dog and walk it.
17. Join an exercise group.
18. Drink diet soda.
19. Replace Sunday drive with Sunday walk.
20. Do yard work.
21. Eat off smaller plates.
22. Get off a stop early and walk.
23. Don't eat late at night.
24. Skip seconds.
25. Work around the house.
26. Skip buffets.
27. Grill, steam or bake instead of frying.
28. Bicycle to the store instead of driving.
29. Take dog to the park.
30. Ask your doctor about taking a multi-vitamin.
31. Go for a half-hour walk instead of watching TV.
32. Use vegetable oils over solid fats.
33. More carrots, less cake.
34. Fetch the newspaper yourself.
35. Sit up straight at work.
36. Wash the car by hand.
37. Don't skip meals.
38. Eat more celery sticks.
39. Run when running errands.
40. Pace the sidelines at kids' athletic games.
41. Take wheels off luggage.
42. Choose an activity that fits into your daily life.
43. Park further from the store and walk.
44. Ask a friend to exercise with you.
45. Make time in your day for physical activity.
46. Exercise with a video if the weather is bad.
47. Bike to the barbershop or beauty salon instead of driving.
48. Keep to a regular eating schedule.
49. If you find it difficult to be active after work, try it before work.
50. Take a walk or do desk exercises instead of a cigarette or coffee break.
51. Perform gardening or home repair activities.
52. Avoid laborsaving devices.
53. Take small trips on foot to get your body moving.
54. Play with your kids 30 minutes a day.
55. Dance to music.
56. Keep a pair of comfortable walking or running shoes in your car and office.
57. Make a Saturday morning walk a group habit.
58. Walk briskly in the mall.
59. Choose activities you enjoy and you'll be more likely to stick with them.
60. Stretch before bed to give you more energy when you wake.
61. Take the long way to the water cooler.
62. Explore new physical activities.
63. Vary your activities, for interest and to broaden the range of benefits.
64. Reward and acknowledge your efforts.
65. Choose fruit for dessert.
66. Consume alcoholic beverages in moderation, if at all.
67. Take stairs instead of the escalator.
68. Conduct an inventory of your meal/snack and physical activity patterns.
69. Share an entree with a friend.
70. Grill fruits or vegetables.
71. Eat before grocery shopping.
72. Choose a checkout line without a candy display.
73. Make a grocery list before you shop.
74. Buy 100 percent fruit juices over soda and sugary drinks.
75. Swim with your kids.
76. Flavor foods with herbs, spices, and other low-fat seasonings.
77. Remove skin from poultry before cooking to lower fat content.
78. Eat before you get too hungry.
79. Don't skip breakfast.
80. Stop eating when you are full.
81. Snack on fruits and vegetables.
82. Top your favorite cereal with apples or bananas.
83. Try brown rice or whole-wheat pasta.
84. Include several servings of whole grain food daily.
85. When eating out, choose a small or medium portion.
86. If main dishes are too big, choose an appetizer or a side dish instead.
87. Ask for salad dressing "on the side".
88. Don't take seconds.
89. Try your burger with just lettuce, tomato and onion.
90. Try a green salad instead of fries.
91. Bake or broil fish.
92. Walk instead of sitting around.
93. Eat sweet foods in small amounts.
94. Take your dog on longer walks.
95. Drink lots of water.
96. Cut back on added fats or oils in cooking or spreads.
97. Walk the beach instead of sunbathing.
98. Walk to a co-worker's desk instead of emailing or calling them.
99. Carry your groceries instead of pushing a cart.
100. Use a snow shovel instead of a snow blower.

coles
09-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Dee- I am so glad that you are feeling good. You went through a lot but it is worth it. Sally is still with you and looking after you, please believe that.
I am doing okay on staying on program. I lost 2 pounds this week.

gdeann
09-26-2008, 10:43 AM
GREAT JOB JANICE!!!! YIPPPEEEEEEE!!!! Send the weight loss fairy my way please! LOL!

SuzyMc
09-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Yesterday was a hectic day here. My daughter-in-law (North Carolina) was in a car accident. She is ok, just a bump on the head and shaken up (sore today). She was on her way to an OB appointment...actually turning into the parking lot and a truck hit her in the rear passenger side and then pushed her into another car which smashed the drivers side of the car. All in all she was very lucky! The air bag did not deploy (for some strange reason?). She's a tiny little thing, 5' and normally about 100 pounds, so she has to sit way forward in the drivers seat. If the airbag had gone off no doubt that it would have injured her or the baby, so we are all very thankful today! Travis has been in NYC working security at the UN General Assembly this past week and was due to leave Saturday night, but they released him last night so that he could go home and help take care of things there, so all is working out ok.

Dee ~ I'm so glad that all went so well for you and that you are feeling so much better!

Gayle ~ What a great list! I'm more partial to #97 than I am #100, but something tells me that I'll be doing a lot more shoveling than I will be walking on the beach over the next few months! :lol:

Janice ~ Woohoo! Good for you!

ShelleyM
09-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Suzy-I believe someone above was looking over your DIL during that accident.

Dee-I'm sure Aunt Sally was with you during your procedure and is still with you during your recovery, as we all are!

Janice-WooHoo on the WI!!

Gayle-Thanks for the 100 tips.

Heading to the gym for spin class.

gdeann
09-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Suzy, thank the good Lord above, everyone was ok! Liz had an accident 3-4years ago, basically just a major bump, but enough to deploy the air bag. She had serious chemical burns all over her arms. It was a horrible experience for her and myself as being the wound therapist. She still has scares. Thank goodness the air bag didn't deploy and DIL & baby stayed safe!

SuzyMc
09-27-2008, 03:40 PM
I am sure that the good Lord and His angels were looking after my DIL and the baby. She wasn't feeling very lucky after the accident, but now she sees just how fortunate she really was!

I got some GREAT news in the mail today... I got a letter from my doctor with the results from my blood work back and I dropped my total cholesterol 54 points from 258 to 204 with diet and exercise alone! My HDL (good cholesterol) is 49 (normal 30-100), LDL (bad cholesterol) is 124 (normal >130) and triglycerides are now 153 that number was 236! (normal >150). He said that overall my cholesterol panel was excellent! Everything else was within normal range and even my liver studies were "essentially normal". I am SO excited! Everyone had told me that it was pretty pointless to even try to manage it with diet and that it was probably just hereditary and I would need medication. I guess I proved them wrong didn't I? :carrot:

gdeann
09-27-2008, 05:01 PM
GREAT NEWS SUZY! I bet you are on cloud nine!

SuzyMc
09-27-2008, 05:33 PM
I think I'm on cloud 10 or 11! I thought because the weight wasn't coming off that there wouldn't be much of a difference in my blood work either and I was honestly considering just giving up, but now I can really see that the diet DOES make a difference even if it doesn't show in the scales!

gdeann
09-27-2008, 05:56 PM
just read where almonds help with cholesterol levels.

I am loving the Blue diamond whole natural 100 snack bags. I'm sure I'm paying twice as much as I would if I purchased/divided on my own but I know how I am about portion control. I can have a packet with a bottle of water and it takes the edge off my hunger and carries me through until mealtime.

gdeann
09-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Pulling us up. Off to work I go!

SuzyMc
09-29-2008, 11:34 AM
I hope you have a good day at work today Gayle!

It was a busy weekend here. Travis and DIL will be here Friday night and will be staying a week, so I've been trying to get the house cleaned well and a few things done up, so we can just have fun while they are here. What did everyone else do over the weekend?

Deelite
09-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Suzy congratulations on saving your life. You did an awesome job getting your numbers down. Your famiy will thank you for it by the extra days you will get to spend with them. Honestly Suzy it is the best thing you could have done for yourself.
How is your daughter in law feeling this week? The good Lord was watching over her.
Enjoy your time with Travis.

Gayle I am glad that you are watching your portion control. I buy small size snacks too.

Today I woke up by the alarm so that I could be on time for the Y. Got up and did my usual things, and with every intention I had planned on going to the Y I changed my mind at the last minute. I really didn't want to go. I was sore and tired so I went back to bed after being up for an hour. My excuse was that if I wanted to see my doctor today I had to phone at 9:00 so they could squeeze me in. It could have been any day so today sounded like a good day to me.

We had a wonderful visit with the kids yesterday. Jay and Ash invited us down for dinner. They bbq duck. Wow was it ever good. It sure is nice to get together with the kids and this time I didn't have to do the cooking.

I am disappointed with my results so far from my back procedure. There were a few days where my back seemed almost no pain and now it is back to where I started. I am trying to decreese some of my meds so maybe that has ill affect. We will see what the doc says today.

I haope that you all have an awesome day.

gdeann
09-29-2008, 05:09 PM
I hope the doc visit went well today Dee! We have four little quackers in our back field/yard. Your welcome to come get them, other than you can't tell Allie they are going to be basking on a grill! LOL! They follow us around when we're outside. I'm sure they will probably die of old age around here. I couldn't kill anything.

Home early from work today! Between my interrupting bingo, visits, errands and the like, my business went out the window today! BUT, the next day I'm there, EVERYONE will want in RIGHT THEN! LOL!

ShelleyM
09-30-2008, 07:29 AM
Suzy-That is wonderful news about your bloodwork. I have mine Thursday, but I am already on medication for choleterol. I only hope the results are good enough to keep me on the Crestor. I switched to it from Vytorin because of the price. The charge is $40. for Vytorin, and only $25 for Crestor. She wouldn't let me get the simvistatin (sp?) that is free to me. It didn't work well for me.

Dee-I am so sorry you are still hurting. You have had such a hard time ever since your back started having problems. Maybe it will take awhile to take affect.

Gayle-How's the hairstyling going?

gdeann
09-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Shelley, my mom went from a full pill EVERY night to 1/2 pill every other day. Hopefully you will have great results like Suzy did when you make your visit. My mom is on the Simvistatin, which if I remember correctly, I think it is the generic Zocor? I can't keep track of ALL her meds! LOL! What is really fun is when she drops her week supply and then calls me to come pickup and reorganize.

SuzyMc
10-01-2008, 08:48 AM
I hope your blood work goes well Shelley! I was doing just about anything not to have to take cholesterol medication. My liver studies aren't quite normal, so I really don't want to take anything that might compromise my liver.

I'm having a busy week here getting ready for company and trying to finish a baby quilt for the new baby before the shower on Saturday. I know I won't get the whole quilt done by then, but I am hoping to have the top completed so I can at least show that much.

How are you feeling now Dee? How did the doctor's visit go? I'm sorry that you didn't get the results that you had hoped for.

gdeann
10-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Sending the quilting fairy your way Suzy! I bet the top will be BEAUTIFUL as is all of your work!

Deelite
10-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Just stopping in for a quick "HELLO" I am off to the Y.

I will check in later.

Deelite
10-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Suzy when you are done the top of the quilt send us a picture. I would love to see it.

Gayle I would gladly come to your place but not for your live ducks but just to visit with you.

Shelley good luck tomorrow. I hope that you can go on the cheaper meds.

Janice where are you this week. Are you sticking to your 21 day habit? How about the rest of you gals......are you sticking to it. I am still journaling and keeping everything in check.

Cheryl how you doing? Are you having a busy week?

The doctors visit was at my GP. He is so good. He made me seem some things I hadn't realized. I am still in pain and gone back to taking the same meds as before the back procedure. :(

Oh well I am able to walk and that is exactly what I am going to do now. It is a beautiful sunny day out so I am going out to check it out.

SuzyMc
10-01-2008, 05:15 PM
I know you all are prayer warriors...we need some prayers here please. The doctor's office called here this morning and Tim's blood work came back bad (hematology reports are all very low which indicates bleeding) and they want to see him ASAP. He has an appointment for 11:45 tomorrow to get the results and I expect that they will order more tests. Please keep him in your prayers!

If you want to see photo's of the quilt you can see the work in progress on my blog. I know they don't like you to post links at 3FC, so if anyone needs the link just send me an email or PM and I'll be happy to give it to you!

Dee, I think you have the right attitude...focus on what you are able to do and not on what you can't do. :hug:

gdeann
10-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Suzy, I just came home to find your note. Know prayers will be said for Tim. Hopefully they can find what is causing the problem. Has he been ill? Please let us know as soon as you can what they find out. KNOW too, we are here for you to offer any support the two of you may need. Off to do my praying...

Deelite
10-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Suzy of course you know that I will be praying for Tim. I know that you have said many of prayers for me and I really appreciate them. Has he been really tired lately? I pray that the doctors will be able to resolve his health issues.

ShelleyM
10-02-2008, 06:43 AM
Suzy-I am sending prayers for Tim also.

coles
10-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Suzy - I am praying for Tim too.

Deelite
10-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Just checking in to see if you know more yet Suzy. Let us know what you find out. Your in my prayers.

SuzyMc
10-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Thanks so much for the prayers everyone...keep them coming. About all we found out today is that there is bleeding somewhere and more tests are needed. They scheduled a gastroscope and colonoscopy to be done Tuesday afternoon, so hopefully after that we will know more. Tuesday also happens to be my birthday, so the best birthday present I could ask for is good test results.

gdeann
10-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Is Tim jaundice Suzy? Has he been ill or tired? Just curious if he had any symptoms. I agree, the best Birthday present ever would be good news. You have a great group of prayers here, lets give it our "all" and pray for a good day on Tuesday and great test results.

{{{HUGS}}}

SuzyMc
10-03-2008, 08:44 AM
No, no symptoms. This all showed up as a result of routine yearly bloodwork. Travis and DIL will be here late tonight and will be here until next Friday. I think it will help having them here while all this is going on.

Deelite
10-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Suzy you are right it will be great to have them there for support. Were they coming in for your birthday?
I will continue to pray. I am sure that this must be a big shock as it seems Tim didn't have any symptoms. It is a good thing he had his blood checked.

SuzyMc
10-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Yes, they are coming for my birthday and DIL's baby shower. I didn't celebrate my birthday last year because my dad was dying, so we were hoping to make my birthday special this year...

gdeann
10-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Suzy, try to enjoy the weekend if you can. I know this has to weigh heavily on all of you, plus the added stress of not knowing. Maybe while you girls are celebrating at the shower, Travis and Tim can have some time together too. This weekend will probably be good for all of you. Prayers continue for the two of you sweetie.

SuzyMc
10-03-2008, 03:15 PM
That's exactly the plan Gayle! I'm pretty sure the guys have a fishing trip planned tomorrow while the shower is going on. :) I finished the top of the baby quilt last night, so that is ready to go. I'm doing a little cleaning today and I'm not worrying about the other things that I didn't get done...they will wait for another day.

Deelite
10-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Suzy that is a great attitude. Enjoy your company. I would like to see the quilt. Where do I go to see it? Can you send me the link? You are such a talented lady.

Larry really wanted to go camping again this weekend. He wanted to go last weekend too but we have lots of yard work to do. Well actually not yard work he needs to put metal cladding on our new windows before winter sets in. The calking is only good for so low of temps. It is cooling off here quickly. I rode to the Y on my bike with gloves on this week.
I gave in, we are going to the lake. Larry promised me he would work hard to catch up even in the dark. Hopefully winter won't catch up with him. He is having surgery wednesday and won't be back at work til tuesday. I am hoping that he will feel well enough next weekend to work on the house.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Suzy worring is not going to change anything so enjoy. You missed out last year so this is the year to party.

SuzyMc
10-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Fall is really settling in here too! It was 30 this morning when I got up and we had our first frost...it won't be long and the snow will be flying. :(

ShelleyM
10-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Suzy-30 degrees? Ouch! We are still in the high 80's here. Right now it is about 73.

coles
10-06-2008, 08:19 AM
Good Morning Gals,
Very cold here lately. Snow further north - YUCK!! We finally closed the pool this weekend. It was too cold to go in this past month we just never seemed to get the time to close it. I need to get out and clean my flowerbeds. It is 5 degrees celcius this morning not sure what that is in ferenheit. Suzy - when will Tim get his test results? I continue to pray that all will be well.
Janice
Notice I did not talk about dieting.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_25.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://************************************************** *******=ZSzeb095_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7923)

gdeann
10-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Dee, I didn't realize Larry was having surgery. I hope it's nothing too serious.

Janice, I am in the same boat, just floating, no motivation. Although...I only had wine once during the 21 day challenge. NOW to work on a new goal. We had a very cold spell here for two weeks, now it is warm again. CRAZY weather.

Well, I need to head out the door, I'll chat later.

Suzy, I hope all went well this weekend.

SuzyMc
10-06-2008, 09:49 AM
It's cold here too. It never got out of the 50's here yesterday and tonight it's supposed to be down in the 20's. I hate to see winter coming! :(

Janice ~ I worked in the yard all day yesterday...got the grass cut and all of the flowerbeds cleaned out too! It was a job getting it all done in one day, but the weather was nice and I figured I better take advantage of it!

Dee ~ I hope Larry's surgery goes well...keep us posted!

We should know a lot more tomorrow once we talk to the doctor after the test. I'm not sure when we will get the "official" results.

Deelite
10-07-2008, 12:24 AM
We had a wonderful weekend. It was around 70 in the day time. Evenings were cooler but that is what cuddling is for. ;)
We found 5 new caches and got another family hooked on it. We met them at one of our searches and explained what we were doing. They helped us search for two more. They just loved it.
We also picked a 5 gallon of crandberries in the bush around us. I cleanned half of them today and froze them. I am going to make juice out of them. Very healthy for you. I am going to mix it with the grape juice I made and maybe add some apple juice to it.

Larry is at his bosses cottage tonight so I am on my own. I didn't do much but read tonight.

larry's surgery will be on wednesday. He is having his septum scraped and his flaps on his nose made larger. He has a hard time breathing through his nose. He had this same operation 13 years ago but it grew back after 6 months. Hopefully this time it will work.

Suzy I hope you hear good news tomorrow for your birthday. How did the shower go? I haven't checked your link for the picture of the quilt yet but I will once I am done this.

Deelite
10-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Wow Suzy I love your cowboy theme. The stars you have done are so perfect. You did an awesome job on your blog. I am going to check in and read it so I can keep in touch with our talented quilter.

gdeann
10-07-2008, 12:42 AM
Good luck to Larry regarding the surgery! Sounds like you had a great weekend. We are talking about some caching this weekend if all goes well.

Where oh where is our sweetie Cheryl??

gdeann
10-07-2008, 12:46 AM
:bday2you:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET SUZY!!!

Have a great day, you deserve it!

:celebrate::hb::celebrate:

coles
10-07-2008, 08:28 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_10_12.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined) HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUZY!! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_1_206.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_1_206.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://************************************************** *******=ZSzeb096_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7924)

gdeann
10-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Waiting to hear back from you Suzy. I have thought of and prayed for the two of you all day.

SuzyMc
10-07-2008, 07:11 PM
The news today was good! No cancer! The doctor admitted that he was very surprised because that was what he fully expected to find. THANK GOD he was wrong! Hemorrhoids along with donating blood are the cause of all the problems, so no more blood donations and surgery for the hemorrhoids and all should be good. Although it was a different kind of birthday it was a VERY GOOD one! :yes: Thank you all so much for the prayers...you all are the best!

Deelite
10-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Happy birthday Suzy! I hope that you get what you wished for. We know that your wish is not a selfish one.
Did you find out anything? My everything is crossed and it is starting to hurt.

Another lonely day and a lonely night. Larry is going to be home late tonight. He is going out for dinner with the owner, his boss and friend from NY.
Tomorrow he will be having surgery. I told him not to drink to much.

I just finished clenning tow huge pails of crandberries that we picked. I am just freezing them for now and will make juice soon.

I am going to take my pouch for a walk and hopefully go out for dinner with Dez.

gdeann
10-07-2008, 07:23 PM
We all know hubby's can be a pain in the *SS but never thought I would be excited about the news! Thank goodness all is well! All I could think of was about a recent client who was losing blood but the doctors coudn't figure out from where. Give Tim a hug and have a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Your wish came true Miss Suzy!

Deelite
10-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Good news Suzy. Who would have ever thought that hemorrhoids would be good news? I am glad that there isn't anything else to deal with. Count your blessings.

gdeann
10-08-2008, 01:02 AM
((((HUGS TO ALL)))) We have so much to be thankful for!

ShelleyM
10-08-2008, 07:06 AM
Suzy-Wonderful news about Tim! Also, Happy Belated Birthday! I don't check in here much anymore, between SP and Facebook and WW. I am sorry I missed your birthday.

Dee-Prayers to Larry for his surgery today. Please update me on Facebook when you find something out.

Hi Gayle! Thanks for keeping everyone together here.

Janice-I can't believe how everyone has such cold weather!

coles
10-08-2008, 08:36 AM
THANK GOODNESS EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OKAY SUZY, GREAT NEWS.
CHERYL - WHERE ARE YOU!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_8_16.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)
SHELLEY I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, I AM WITH SP, AND BL CLUBS TOO. SUPPOSED TO BE BE A WARMER DAY TODAY SO AM GOING TO TRY TO GET MY FLOWERBEDS CLEANED UP. ITS AMANDA'S BIRTHDAY TOMORROW, SHE WILL TO 28. I AM TAKING THEM OUT FOR DINNER TONIGHT BECAUSE I HAVE TO WORK TOMORROW NIGHT.
DOUG IS OUT OF TOWN WORKING AND WON'T BE HOME UNTIL FRIDAY NIGHT. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY ALL.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://************************************************** *******=ZSzeb095_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7923)

SuzyMc
10-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Dee ~ You and Larry are in my prayers today! Hopefully all will go just as well for Larry today as it did for Tim yesterday! :hug:

Last night was a fun night here. Travis wanted to go through the attic and look for some of his old toys to take home to use in the baby's nursery. It didn't take long for the living room to look just like it did about 20 years ago...filled with cap guns, horses, barns and tractors! :lol:

Thanks again to all of you for the prayers and sharing in our joy! :hug:

Deelite
10-08-2008, 01:35 PM
now it is a waiting game. I am home. He will be operated any moment. It is a two hour operation if all goes well and about an hour recovery.

I drove home from the hospital now I will have to drive back and try to find a parking spot that I can get out of. I am a bit nervous about that. Thanks for the prayers. I will let you all know when he is back home.

gdeann
10-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Prayers, sweetie! Let us know when you can! Try not to be nervous about the drive and the parking situation. You have enough other things to worry about. Do they have a port area where you can pull up at the hospital to pick Larry up?

Deelite
10-08-2008, 04:08 PM
hi Gayle, yes they do have an area that you can drive up to pick him up but it is under construction.

Instead of eating myself out of house and home I phone uncle albert. I would have phoned Aunty sally at these times so I did the next best thing. He said that he was honored that I called him. we talked for over two hours. i haven't heard anything from the hospital yet but I think that I am going to go down and see what is happenning.

TTYL

Deelite
10-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Well I prayed about Larry's surgery and driving down and picking him up and everything worked out fine. He is home and resting. His nose is bleeding quite a bit. I have to play nurse and change his diaper no I mean gauze every 15 minutes. Hopefully by tomorrow the bleeding will have slowed down.
i told Larry that he looks really handsome with a fat nose. I really do like larger bridges on a guy.
Better go check on my patient. ;)

ShelleyM
10-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Aww, you should send us a picture of his fat, bloody nose! Prayers for a speedy recovery!

SuzyMc
10-09-2008, 08:51 AM
I'm glad that the surgery went well! I hope Larry's recovery goes well and that he isn't too uncomfortable!

coles
10-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Great news Dee - all is well by the sounds of things, just needs to recover.

4myloves
10-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Hey all!! Sorry I've been MIA lately--September 30th is the last day of our fiscal year at work and we've been trying to tie up all 2008 loose ends! Thank goodness we're finished now!

Wow, a lot has been going on while I've been out! Suzy, glad you got good news about Tim! Sorry I missed your birthday.

Dee, great for you!

Janice, stick in there!

Gayle, I sent Allison something in the mail :)

Hi there, Shelley!!

I started a new thread--#38, because I noticed this one was just about up to 100 posts.

4myloves
10-09-2008, 04:30 PM
NEW THREAD--McSkinney's LOOZING FLOOZIES #38