Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 07:15 AM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~night Owls #36~

Good Morning - Today is a VERY BIG DAY for Bill and I. We have our mediation at my lawyers office and will probably settle everything. HOPEFULLY.....keep your fingers crossed. This lawsuit has been going on since my accident 2/5/99. Brenda ...... do you remember you and I and someone else all being in accidents at the same time? Who was the other person? I don't remember. Anyway, I've read everyone's posts and don't have time to stay for as long as it would take me to say all that I'd like but I WOULD like to give a big WELCOME to Traci and SEVEN POUNDS is wonderful for your first week. Awesome job!

I'll "see" you all later. Wish me luck, say a prayer....I'm hoping for the best because I am soooo tired of this whole thing. I just want it OVER WITH!

Hugs to you all,
Old 02-28-2002, 07:18 AM   #2  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

P.S. - Don't forget to check out the last few posts from Thread #35 so you don't miss anything.
Old 02-28-2002, 09:54 AM   #3  
Is is spring yet??

This is Julies post from this morning over on the other thread...in case you all didn't see it:

Well it is Thurs. already. Where does the time go? Just a few more months and my son will be graduating from High School. I'm very sad/happy about that.

About that darn scanner.....it is only about 3 years old but when Meghan downloaded it, it cause the computer to not want to shut off. You had to
sit and wait and wait, and then when you did shut it off, a sign popped up saying that you will lose any unsaved information. Then when you tried
to get on the internet.....you had to go to the "my computer" then to the internet thingy, click on that, they it would start up...to much work

Kevin is really busy getting the race car ready for the races that start in May so I'm not sure when he will get a chance to check it out.

Well everyone, have a terrific day. I'm off to work for WW in Marinette and Oconto.

Julie
Old 02-28-2002, 09:58 AM   #4  
Is is spring yet??

Good Morning!

Well its a cold one here......just 25 degrees and the wind makes it feel like 10! But the sun is shining bright - I love that

I went to WW last nite and am up .6! I did have a weird eating weekend - being away and all - but I hoped for a maintain! I have been back OP for a few days and am doing fine. I will get that pesky weight off next week - for sure!

Brenda - So when can we start calling you grandma? LOL

Julie - I think maybe you need a new scanner. Oh one thing...do you have Windows XP? That could be the problem. Alot of older softwares are not compatible. So many people have been complaining. I am sticking to my Windows ME - it works fine. Just a thought.

PJ - Good luck today!!

Tara
Old 02-28-2002, 01:22 PM   #5  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hey Brenda and Setina - Let's try for that 3-way phone call again this weekend. Setina can't get calls past 7pm so it will have to be on the weekend since my free minutes are after 8pm during the week and then all weekend. I'll email you both to set up something. Remember our ICQ days? Wow.....we really have been here a loooong time.
Brenda - Could you please let me know what the points are on those sweet potato fries? I'm not crazy about sweet potatoes but as FF.....they sound pretty good. What size are they...long....short....I want to make sure I'm counting them correctly in case I go nuts over them.

Julie - They grow so quicky, don't they? I still can't believe my little girl is going to be 14 this coming July. and Billy will be 7 in ONE WEEK....March 5th
I'm trying to enjoy them but they're both at difficult ages......regardless, the 90% they're naughty....when they're GOOD.....they're REALLY GOOD and I could just eat them up!
I take it Kevin is into NASCAR??? ......

I had a nice compliment from my lawyer this morning.....she said "Wow! You've lost alot of weight"........and I said "yep" Heh-heh......it's taken me a loooong time and it will still take me about another 6 months to get to goal......but I'm doing it. Slow and steady, steady and slow.....that's the way I'm going to go. "See" ya later.

Last edited by PJ; 02-28-2002 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-28-2002, 02:45 PM   #6  
Is is spring yet??

PJ - I owe you a picture of me! I haven't totally forgotten - I will send you one from home either tonite or tomorrow nite.

Tara
Old 03-01-2002, 07:36 AM   #7  

Happy Friday!

I think we have the XP and that might be why the scanner doesn't work. I'm not really computer smart (all I know I learned from my daughter

PJ, how did everything go with the lawyer?

Ok, now I noticed that I must have posted where someone wouldn't have gotten a chance to read it. When I get a notice at my e-mail address, it has the address for me to just click on and that is how I usually get here. How do I know for sure I'm in the right spot?

Oh yes, Kevin and all of us are big time into NASCAR. We don't miss watching a race, we even watch the race and tape it too. I know sounds weird but when there is nothing on tv to watch, we will just re-watch the race.

Hopefully all of you will have a terrific day.

Julie
Old 03-01-2002, 09:29 AM   #8  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

"PJ, how did everything go with the lawyer? "

Would you believe the other lawyer never showed up? My lawyer (and of course...Bill and I ) were furious after waiting for 1/2 hour. Now we're rescheduled in two to three weeks. AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate this! It's taking it's toll on me and I just want it all over with......Da** it!!!!!!!! )(*_)()*&%^$^%$R(*&(*).........

Gotta go and let the horses out ..... then drop off money at Jackie's and then Billy's school's to give them lunch money. Then it's home to pack some more. Atleast I'm able to take my time and I'm not rushed. It's sad......we've had so many wonderful memories in this house....even though it's not my dream house or even the home I would have chosen had I been able to.....we picked it out from a paper folder......it was either this one with a pool or the bigger one without......coming from New York.....we went for the pool. Soooo, it all worked out for the best and we've doubled our money on the house in 6 years. Can't shake my head at that. Now to get settled AGAIN in another house. That's the hard part....but I know I'll have fun too since it will be like moving into a new home again with all of the improvements they've done. They put the new marble shower stall into Li'l Billy's bathroom yersterday. Both he and Jackie will have their own bathrooms and Jackie couldn't be happier. She wont have to wake up to pee-pee on the seat anymore. Billy's not such a "great shot" when he's half asleep. Since he'll have his own "seat" now, hopefully he'll get better at it, otherwise......mean ole Mommy will give him a pair of plastic, throw away gloves and make him clean it himself EVERY DARN DAY until he stops!!!! What's a Mother to do???? Heh-heh.

Hey! Really have to go now.....hopefully I'll catch up with you all later. Have a great Friday everyone.
Hugs to you all,

Last edited by PJ; 03-01-2002 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:54 AM   #9  

PJ, the sweet potato fries are the same points as for just the potato, I think it is 3pts for a 10oz. Anyway just cut them into french fry size, long or short and put them on a baking pan and spray with pam then bake them at like 350 until they are done. I love to mix mine. I use half of a sweet potato and 1/2 of a white potato, nice mixture. The sweet potatoes are harder to cut up but don't worry, they bake up nice. Yes the phone call sounds good. I am not sure what my plans are this weekend but Sunday afternoon is usually good. It depends what Steve has planned. Sorry you are having so many lawyer problems, Yes I remember the accidents and I can't remember who the other one was but I am thinking maybe it was Setina, not sure.

Hi to everyone.

Bren
Old 03-01-2002, 10:09 PM   #10  
Getting back on track!

Hi Owls-

Just a quickie for now but I'll be back. I had a GREAT OP week and I did what I normally would never do and got on a scale today and guess what....I was up 1 pound! I can't believe it. It has to be Aunt Flo but it's discouraging my first week back. I am going to go and weigh in anyway and just know I did everything by the book and hopefully it will pay off next week. I was almost not going to go but I kicked my own butt, aren't you proud of me?

We go to see the house tomorrow. I sure hope the price is good and everything works out.

I will read posts and catch up either later tonight or tomorrow.
Have a great weekend!

Setina
Old 03-01-2002, 10:40 PM   #11  
Is is spring yet??

Setina - You get your butt to WW. I bet you will do fine. You weigh in in the morning - right? We all weigh less in the morning!! Let us know how it went. GOOD LUCK!!!

Tara
Old 03-02-2002, 08:51 AM   #12  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

HI all,

I am new to posting here, but not to lurking. I have been reading your thread for so long, that I feel like I know most of you. Sometimes I feel like I'm eavesdropping on someone's private conversation, so I felt like it was time to post.

I joined WW in June of 1998. In November of 2000, I received my 90lb removed award. Unfortunately, since then, things have not been that super, and I am now at 63lbs gone. Back in 98 & 99, Setina and I were on another thread together. She's my inspiration!!! I think I found this thread one night several months ago when I saw her post here, and I have read every day. I am so glad you are back, Setina. I am trying very hard to get back on track.

I live in NH with my husband, 14 yr old daughter and 10 yr old son. Two cats, two rabbits and a dog!! Don't have much of an exciting life. We spend most of our free time attending one of our kids sporting events. They both play sports year round, so we are always running.

Julie - wanted to let you know we are Nascar fans also. My husband works at New Hampshire Intl Speedway when they have races there. He drives the white truck on turns #1&2 that cleans up after the crashes. He really loves the work, but since the two deaths there, he has taken a different approach to it all.
We tend to lean towards the Fords (well Dodge's too now - because Bill Elliott is my husband's idol!!).

I hope to post here often. I have tried different threads, but they all seem to peeter out after awhile. This one seems pretty stable!!

Hope you all have a super Saturday. My son & husband are off to baseball tryouts (indoors of course), and then this afternoon is the end of our basketball season with playoffs.

Sheri
Old 03-02-2002, 04:21 PM   #13  

Default Hello there

Hi all:

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

PJ: I'm still waiting for a letter for yo, telling me what you and the family have been up too. Where's the house at?, does it have a pool? what else have you been up too?

I'm still going to WW. It will be a lifetime thing I'm sure. Whenever I take a break, I always end up going back to the program. Always feel so much better once I'm back on track.

We've been kept busy with lots of hockey this winter. It's starting to wind down. Scott enjoys going this year, but his team, doesn't really care if they win or lose, and Scott takes every lose personally. Pretty tough on him.

Have a good one.
Old 03-03-2002, 03:26 AM   #14  

Snow...........Cold............Wind!!!!!! Yucky.............

Still maintaing...but somedays I just want to eat anything and everything, maybe that is why I bought some Easter candy! Just Hershey's kisses with almonds! 3 for 2 pts

Bren..the sweet potato fries sound great!

SueBee..cute picture of Scott..Did you watch the olympic Hockey teams....Canada got gold!!!!!!!!! PJ is moving into a house on her stable property and yes it has a pool!

Hi Sheri..great loss.......Wow! I have 4 cats a fish and a dog!

Setina..you are doing so good!

Julie..I am totally computer illiterate...Tara nd PJ helped me out when I had questions..still do!

Tara.....you have been posting alot lately .06 is not even enough to count! (that is when it is on the plus side)

Last edited by Candicej; 03-03-2002 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-03-2002, 07:16 AM   #15  

Hi and Happy Sunday to all of you.

I have been just so busy that I feel awful for not getting here sooner.

Pamela: I'm so sorry to hear about what happened with the lawyer the other day. Why is it they feel that they don't have to show up or call and give an explanation anyway? I certainly can understand how you feel

Setine: It is good to hear that you are not giving up because you gained one pound. That could be anything from water weight, to having to much sodium 24 hours before weigh in.....We all have those days hey ladies. I'm a WW leader and even I'm surprised when I go up a pound or two. Aren't our bodies just wonderful

Sheri: Welcome, it is good to hear from another NASCAR fan and I'm certainly impressed that your husband also works for them every now and then. My son races street stock cars and that is my fun! We do get to some of the big races but mostly watch them on tv.

We have something else in common too, in 1993 I also lost 90 lbs. Ok, so you have 63 still gone, that is great. Keep coming here and we will all cheer you on back to the weight you want off.

Candice: I applaud Tara and PJ also, they are both so helpful when it comes to the computer. Now if they are both reading this maybe they will help me understand how I can get some of those cute pictures that are put here on this thread.

Suebee: Loved the picture you posted, what a nice looking young man.

We really got socked with about 8 inches of snow here in NE Wisconsin. I looked outside and the drifting is worse. Looks like I will be shoveling some today

Oh, I will also be sitting my butt in my favorite chair and watching the race too!!!

Have a happy one.
Julie
Closed Thread