Fitness Videos - Walk Away the Pounds--December Daily Check-in

Michele L
12-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Well, well, well! We're getting ready for the holidays. Lay off the sweets and walk with Leslie instead.

As the holidays approach, remember, it's all about you and your health. We can do this!

Michele L
12-01-2007, 02:27 PM
I've been away from WATP for a couple of months, but I'm TRYING to get back to it! Today I did the 1 mile Super Challenge, which is a GREAT 1 mile workout! What did you do?!

Get n healthy
12-01-2007, 05:08 PM
I am doing the Walk Kick video that i rented from netflix right now. I like it alot. Basically walking and intervals of kick boxing. It is the perfect workout for me.

JerseyGyrl
12-01-2007, 08:36 PM
I've been doing the Advanced 5-mile walk at home dvd. I haven't made it to 5 miles yet, I do the the 3 miles and alternate with the 2 lb hand weights, walk away belt & stretchie. I really enjoy it & actually look forward to exercising!:carrot:

PurdueGirl98
12-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Today I did the 2 Mile High Calorie Burn with Weights...I LOVE this workout!

Shy Moment
12-02-2007, 01:10 PM
I love Leslie
I switch between the 1 mile WATP Get up and get started, 1 mile Miracle mile walk and 2 mile WATP High calorie burn. Depending on if I am doing upper body workout for the day or not can depend on which video I use.

Michele L
12-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Good morning! I just finished the 3 mile Walk Away Your Waistline with double bands on the ab belt! It felt GREAT! :strong:

Michele L
12-02-2007, 05:26 PM
I had more energy, so I did 3.25 miles on the treadmill! Most of it was while listening to Leslie Sansone's new Christmas Walk, which is supposed to equal 3 miles. I come up short (about 2.4 miles), so I added a few other songs and went for a total of 60 minutes. I love my MP3 player!

Shy Moment
12-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Not much today. Did the 1 mile WATPs and then did my upper body work out.

some1sospecial
12-03-2007, 03:18 PM
I borrowed Leslie's Walk Away the Pounds for Abs 3 mile Super Fat Burning. I havent popped it in yet but I was wondering if anyone knows if this one is okay for beginners? I've never tried them. Going to do it tomorrow, would have started today but my husband stayed home from work and I dont like to work out when hes around. I like when hes gone and the house is quiet and all mine.

Shy Moment
12-03-2007, 03:25 PM
some1

Just depends on what kind of shape you are in. I am doing The WATP 1 mile and The WATP 2 mile and Leslie's Miracle mile walk 1 mile. I can do 1 1/2 miles of the 3 mile one and then I am breathing to hard lol. Figure it might take me another couple of weeks before I can do that three mile video.

some1sospecial
12-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks Shy, I guess I will just do as much as I can until I am fit enough to do it all. :)

Shy Moment
12-03-2007, 10:51 PM
some1
It all takes time. Sometimes I am in hurry for things to happen faster too. Then I just take a breath and keep trucking :)

cbmare
12-04-2007, 01:14 PM
After 3 days away from exercise, I made myself get up this morning and did the Walk Slim 2 Fast Miles.

Michele, my weight belt has 1 band. Where did you get the double?

Some 1, I started out with the 1 & 2 mile videos. I went to the library and checked out all kinds of videos. I kept coming back to Leslie. After checking out many of hers, I went to WalMart and bought them. Check out Gaiam.com clearance area. Sometimes they have Leslie's videos on sale. I just got 6 of them for about $9.

Shy Moment
12-04-2007, 02:40 PM
cb
I was beating my knees up. I sat down and made out a daily plan of what I wanted to do. Now at night I make out my food chart ( each of the four basic food groups with little bubbles to fill in to show I have eaten the required amounts, I have done this for a few months ) and what exercises I am going to do that next day. Helps keep me on track. The day isn't done until everything on the list has a check mark beside it. Ok, I am very organized lol. It is my one huge fault if it can be considered a fault.

PurdueGirl98
12-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Today I did the 3 Mile Super Fat Burning, I couldnt complete the last mile with the weights so I did the rest without them.

Shy Moment
12-05-2007, 02:15 AM
Purdue
Nice going won't be anytime at all and you will use the weights all the way thru.

cbmare
12-05-2007, 12:02 PM
I did the Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles today. It's been a while since I did 4. Needless to say, I did not skip my banana afterwards.

Shy Moment
12-05-2007, 12:10 PM
cb
I shoveled snow for 1 1/2 hours. Does that count for anything lol.

cbmare
12-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Well, according to Fit Day, shoveling snow by hand for 1 1/2 hrs is about 450 calories. Walking with a snow blower is about 310 and riding a snow blower is about 180.

I would think that it helps.

I can't fathom that much snow. However, in my defense, I grew up in NW Fla, lived 1 yr in Hawaii and the remainder of my life has been in the SF Bay Area.

I've seen snow. I've gone skiiing a time or two but all the snow was off the road.

I can't even imagine how you people drive in that stuff. Please be safe.

Shy Moment
12-05-2007, 01:46 PM
cb
You get use to it. Not that big a deal. It is the nuts that try to drive 55 when they should be going 25 that cause the problems and the darn people that go out when the weather is bad for no good reason. If it is bad out, I don't go out unless I have to. My life, my children's life and someone that I might kill if I have an accident isn't worth going out in bad weather. This time of year I already have the house stocked with everything we need for at least 2 weeks. I buy stuff all year long so it doesn't cost a lot of money at one time. Heck, I even have enough cigs and mountain dew to last a couple of weeks lol. Nothing I desperately need to go out for.

PurdueGirl98
12-06-2007, 01:28 AM
Wednesday I did the 1 Mile Express Walk...I was a little sore from the 3 mile on Tuesday and this was still a great workout.

sxulcmnky
12-06-2007, 09:42 AM
i suck and was still posting in the november thread

this month so far...
12/3 - 1 mile express
12/4 - 2 mile express
12/5 - 2 mile express

Shy Moment
12-06-2007, 11:30 AM
sxul
I never know if you are bragging or complaining lol. Nice to see you found us.

purdue
Nice to keep movieng. I do the 1 and 2 mile walks because I like to breath lol and can't when I do the 3 mile lol.

cbmare
12-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Good morning ladies! I did the 45 min. 4 mile Fat Burner Walk. It's an older workout but a good one.

Shy Moment
12-06-2007, 11:58 AM
cb
You are doing really great. Bet all that exercise is really paying off in a more fit body, more energy and the lungs moveing like lungs should.

I have 1 mile Get up and get started
2 mile High Calorie Burn
3 mile Super Fat Burning
4 mile Walk Off Weight
5 mile Advanced Walk
and The Miricle Mile ( 1 mile )

I could get though half of the 3 mile and that was it lol. Going to try again in a few weeks.

sxulcmnky
12-06-2007, 12:21 PM
sxul
I never know if you are bragging or complaining lol. Nice to see you found us.

purdue
Nice to keep movieng. I do the 1 and 2 mile walks because I like to breath lol and can't when I do the 3 mile lol.

no bragging... ok well a little. i never thought i'd think of exercise as something i love to do when i get home from work... it's a very weird revelation for me

Shy Moment
12-06-2007, 12:34 PM
sxul
I do know what you mean. I sent you a pm to explain what I ment lol. I do my exercises at night after everything is done and generally everyone is in bed. Unless my sons girlfriend is over and wants to do the walking videos with me. When I say oh not tonight and go ahead and do them. I feel so good about myself. Generally, it is just something I do. I like the idea of doing them before I go to bed because I have stretched out the body and I sleep better, also of course, I have burned off some calories lol. I have found, even if I don't feel well and don't put my all into what ever exercise routine I have for the day. I feel better about myself just sticking with it. Feeling good about ourself is part of this journey we are all making to a more healthy and thinner person. :)

cbmare
12-06-2007, 01:18 PM
sxul, you must have been wondering why none of us were posting before you realized that you were in the wrong month.

Shy, I am really tired and huffin' and puffin' after those 4 milers. I do feel better and my clothes fit differently. I just can't make that scale move faster. I've tried reducing my calories but I get so damned hungry. I eat breakfast and I've recently increased my lunch size so my dinner is much smaller. I'll see if that will have some results.

I would still love to have Joann's figure. Have you noticed her on any of your videos?

Shy Moment
12-06-2007, 02:36 PM
cb
Not sure which one joeann is. Most of the woman are way to skinny for my taste.

cbmare
12-06-2007, 02:56 PM
She's the one with the long blonde hair (well shoulder length) and has this hourglass figure.

http://www.lesliesansone.com/press_room/mediaappearances/250fit.htm

She is a walk leader who, with Carol, started the Pittsburgh 250 & fit.

Shy Moment
12-06-2007, 03:23 PM
cb
Will have to pay attention when she talks to them to see if she is on the videos I do.

ksk571
12-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Hi Ladies,
I've just started doing Leslie's videos, so I thought I'd jump in. I have been going to an exercise class on Mondays and Wednesdays for about a year, but need to kick the exercise up a notch. I work 2 jobs and never seem to have the energy and time to do anything additional. I just made a commitment this week to exercise on the days I don't have Zumba. I bought a WATP set at Wal-Mart this weekend with the hand weights and a dvd with the Get Up and Get Started (1 mile), the High Calorie Burn (2 miles) and the Super Fat Burning (3 miles).

On Saturday, I started with the Get Up and Get Started. On Sunday, I did the High Calorie Burn. I also got up early on Tuesday morning and this morning and did the High Calorie Burn. This is HUGE for me because I am not a morning person (and it's been cold!). I figure if I get up and get it done first thing, I don't have to worry about where else to fit it in. I hope, I mean I'm going to keep getting up on Tuesdays and Thursdays to get my exercising in.

Thanks for letting my join in! I really need all of the accountability I can get!

Shy Moment
12-06-2007, 04:37 PM
ks
That is great. Hope you enjoy them. I love the Leslie videos.

cbmare
12-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Well, I wasn't going out to do errands at lunch today. However, after reading what ksk said about a set at WalMart, I think I'm out the door.

How much was it?

ksk571
12-06-2007, 05:10 PM
The set had one dvd with the 3 workouts listed and the hand weights that you fill up with water. It was under $14. Right now it is the only WATP dvd they had at my Wal-Mart. I really enjoy what I've done so far.

cbmare
12-06-2007, 05:31 PM
The set had one dvd with the 3 workouts listed and the hand weights that you fill up with water. It was under $14. Right now it is the only WATP dvd they had at my Wal-Mart. I really enjoy what I've done so far.

Karen, thanks for this. I got one at Target a while back. It has 5 miles and uses the belt, stretchie and 2 lb slip on weights. The 5 miles are compilations of her other workouts that use those things. You can do them in separate segments or all at once.

I haven't seen that one at my WalMart. Where is yours?

ksk571
12-06-2007, 05:53 PM
My Wal-Mart is in Kansas. :) And the workouts on the dvd in my set seem to be from 2001. I had the High Calorie Burn one on a VHS that I got at a garage sale. All 3 are separate workouts. It would be nice to be able to do the workouts as separate segments or several together!

sxulcmnky
12-06-2007, 06:30 PM
YAY! i did the 2 mile express again today... and did her thigh thing on demand

cbmare
12-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Thigh thing on demand? Now what do I have to get?! You people are making me jealous.

:lol:

Shy Moment
12-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Thigh thingie ? Oh I need that. You know that upper inner thigh that just doesn't want to go away. How the heck do you get rid of that anyway? lol

sxulcmnky
12-06-2007, 08:27 PM
it was on my cables on demand under sports and fitness then exercise tv and then walking

cbmare
12-06-2007, 08:47 PM
We have Dish. We don't have that.

:(

sxulcmnky
12-06-2007, 08:50 PM
oh my crap... i was just looking at old pics of me... from the beginning of my diet... i haven't lost but 13lbs or so, but it shows... and i didn't realize it showed that much... YAY!

9-8-07
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/sxulcmnky/FAT.jpg

10-26-07 with my friend Allison... ya.... i was really drunk, don't mind that
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/sxulcmnky/fat102607.jpg

11-23-07 with the bf
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/sxulcmnky/zacme1.jpg

what i want to look like (2004... and i thought i was big in this picture. i did some modeling back then... i was a 14 i believe in these)
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/sxulcmnky/modeling/image0050.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/sxulcmnky/modeling/image0025.jpg

sxulcmnky
12-06-2007, 08:53 PM
We have Dish. We don't have that.

boo

well check out exercisetv.tv

they have lots of little exercises on there that can be done... the thigh thing she has on demand is only like 10 mins

Shy Moment
12-06-2007, 09:27 PM
sxul
Nice going on the weight loss. Yes, you can see a difference. You just keep going you will be thin in no time at all. Isn't it great to know, you not only will be thin but healthy too.

PurdueGirl98
12-06-2007, 11:20 PM
I did the Walk Strong with weights tonight, which is equal to 2 miles, and WOW my thighs are burning but it feels GOOD!

Shy Moment
12-07-2007, 12:45 AM
I did the two mile walk tonight with hand weights. Was more than enough for me for the night lol.

cbmare
12-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Those pics are wonderful. There is a difference.

I got up this morning and decided that I didn't want to work out. I hadn't had enough sleep. Well, I was right. It was 2:30! I did go back to bed. I got up at 6 and did the 4 mile Fat Burning walk again.

sxulcmnky
12-07-2007, 12:29 PM
CB- thanks and nice on the 4 miler... i will one day be able to do that too

i had a NSV today.. was on the wrong side of the street to catch the bus this morning to go to training. i had to run across the street and down to the bus stop... i was *not* out of breath by the time i got there YAY!

cbmare
12-07-2007, 01:35 PM
That is wonderful! See?! It looks like Leslie is improving you already!

sxulcmnky
12-07-2007, 02:35 PM
That is wonderful! See?! It looks like Leslie is improving you already!

heck ya

Shy Moment
12-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Glad everyone is doing well. You all just keep going. One of these days I might catch up with you. lol

cbmare
12-07-2007, 06:50 PM

I went to Walmart today to try and find this. They didn't have it at mine. All they had was the WAT Waist with the weightbelt. I have that one already.

Shy Moment
12-07-2007, 09:35 PM
I swear I am going to make my daughter live in a bubble. She was in a car accident tonight. Second one in 6 months. Now she has a cast on her foot a splint on her thumb and a totaled car that we aren't going to get enough out of to get another car.

cbmare
12-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Oh no! Was it her fault? How did it happen?

Hey, you are missing a cheerleader.

Shy Moment
12-08-2007, 12:25 AM
cb
I know, can't figure out why it isn't showing. No wasn't her fault. A man tried to pull from a drive on one side of the road to the drive on the other side of the road. Problem was, my daughter was where she should be on HER side of the road and that didn't seem to bother him until she hit him and her car was totaled. I would have probably punched him in the face except he was so upset and worried that she was ok. I saw the car before I saw her and my heart stopped I swear. Once I saw she was ok I didn't want to go postal on him anymore because he really was concerned. The look on the mans faced showed he knew I had thought about just knocking his lights out lol. He kept saying she is ok she is ok my daughters father was there too and I could hear him telling the man mister leave her alone until she SEES her baby is ok lol. I want to get that video that has the waist thingie with the hand thingies attached.

ksk571
12-08-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm glad your daughter's okay!

cb - I noticed our Wal-Mart had the one with the waist thingy in the sporting goods section. The one I got was in the CD/DVD section at Wal-Mart in the fitness section. I'm not sure why they have fitness dvd's in 2 different places at Wal-Mart. Of course, Wal-Mart moves everything weekly, it seems. I can never find anything!!

It's cold here today, and I really didn't want to exercise. I was sitting on the couch trying to make up an excuse to not exercise. Well, my will-power won out and I did the High Calorie Burn (2 mile). Yeah!

princesspeach
12-09-2007, 12:21 PM
i have to say i'm jealous. My wal-marts don't have WATP with Abs, WATP with weights, or anything like that. or if they do its in some mystical place where i've yet to discover LOL. but the i realised Canadian wal-marts are severly lacking.

I though do have a lot of WATPS already, Watp abs and weights, the Power Series collection, five mile, 1 mile jog (in the mail), Walk Slim Series (minus really big miles).... I LOVE Leslie i lost 55lbs with her

PurdueGirl98
12-09-2007, 03:56 PM
I did the 1 Mile Get up and Get started yesterday and today I did the 2 Mile Express with stretchie.

Shy Moment
12-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Everything is kind of bad to normal around here. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

cbmare
12-09-2007, 08:00 PM
I skipped yesterday because I had a lot of running around to do.

I decided to take a break from Leslie today and I did the Fat Burning for Dummies workout. It moves me in a different direction. I should do it more often. It's a good 35 minute workout.

Back to Leslie first thing in the morning.

sxulcmnky
12-09-2007, 09:25 PM
ok so i didn't walk the last couple of days due to the BF being here and my getting enough exercise from that lol

i'm about to go do the 2 miler now... have a great night girls

sxulcmnky
12-09-2007, 09:29 PM
shy- glad to hear your daughter is doing well... keep up the morale and i'll keep you guys in my thoughts

Shy Moment
12-09-2007, 11:23 PM
sxul
She will be fine in a week or so. I am ok lol. I cleaned house and did laundry and made dinner. The world is turning just as is should lol.

sxulcmnky
12-10-2007, 10:05 AM
ya i totally didn't do the 2 mile last night lol

i *did* do the 1 mile though

ksk571
12-10-2007, 10:45 AM
sxul - It's great that you did the 1 mile. It may not be what you were planning, but it's activity!

I didn't do WATP like I was planning yesterday. Instead, I spent 1 1/2 hours chipping ice off my car. :snow4:

I weighed today and I was down 2 pounds since I started exercising almost every day! Yea! Maybe this will be the thing that keeps me doing this! I am back down to my pre-Thanksgiving weight. If my Zumba class is canceled tonight, I plan on doing WATP - probably 3 mile!

Shy Moment
12-10-2007, 11:19 AM
ksk
That is great about the weight loss. Exercise isn't taking a lb off me. Loseing the same amount as I did when I wasn't exercising at all but I know it is good for the body. Do you know a hair dryer will take the ice off with a lot less work than chipping away lol.

sxul
I started with the one mile and worked up to the two mile. You just keep going. The two mile is fun. Can't wait until I can do the three mile.

cbmare
12-10-2007, 11:20 AM
What is Zumba?

I overslept this morning so I didn't workout. Maybe I can get off work early. (wishful thinking).

I hope the week will go well for all of you.

Shy Moment
12-10-2007, 11:22 AM
cb
Think it is a dance exercise class.

cbmare
12-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Would you lovely walkers please go to the Mini Goal section? I posted there.

Shy Moment
12-10-2007, 01:49 PM
cb
I went, I didn't see your post :(

cbmare
12-10-2007, 02:00 PM
22 hangers in the Mini Goal section

Shy Moment
12-10-2007, 02:10 PM
I found it lol. I just got rid of all kinds of stuff. Stuff that was to small and is now to big that I never checked soon enough and now can't wear lol. I didn't keep anything above a 16 pants or a 14/16 or large shirt. I agree one thing out one thing in. HEY can I tell the hubby that you said everytime we get rid of something we have to buy something lol. Will tell him you said he was to give me the credit card lol. Congrats on the 35lbs. That is a lot of weight to lose and took determination to take it off. I love to see your progress, it is insperational.

sxulcmnky
12-10-2007, 04:27 PM
ya i've done the 2 mile many times now... i just wasn't up for it last night... i spent more time talking to the BF about today's plans than i planned, and then it was eating into my sleepy time... i <3 sleep... so i did the 1 mile so i didn't feel like i was being a slacker... i'm seeing him tonight and tonight is one of the nights i ALWAYS do the video (i never see him during the week, this is the first time) and he will either 1. do it with me or 2. go sit in the living room and watch tv while i do it... either way, it's getting done

and congrats CB on the loss... i'll check out your post later on when i get a chance...

cbmare
12-10-2007, 06:21 PM
I found it lol. I just got rid of all kinds of stuff. Stuff that was to small and is now to big that I never checked soon enough and now can't wear lol. I didn't keep anything above a 16 pants or a 14/16 or large shirt. I agree one thing out one thing in. HEY can I tell the hubby that you said everytime we get rid of something we have to buy something lol. Will tell him you said he was to give me the credit card lol. Congrats on the 35lbs. That is a lot of weight to lose and took determination to take it off. I love to see your progress, it is insperational.

You've done it, too! I have a long way to go. But, thanks! Since you live half way across the country from me and I'll probably never meet your husband, go ahead and tell him I said so.

:o

ksk571
12-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Yes, Zumba is a latin-inspired dance exercise class. My work closed this morning due to no electricity, and since the public schools are closed also, my Zumba class was canceled. I did the 3 mile Super Fat Burning workout. It's the first time I've done that workout. It was challenging but felt great!

The hair dryer is a good idea for ice removal. I don't have an electric supply close to my car, unfortunately.

Shy Moment
12-10-2007, 07:08 PM
ksk
There was a time I had a huge extention cord lol. Now I have a little device that I can hook to the battery.

ksk571
12-10-2007, 08:38 PM
We are expecting more ice so I may need one to attach to the battery. That wouldn't have helped me since the ice on my car was an inch thick. Thank goodness for remote start. I didn't have the defrost on but it warmed my car up a little. I think it only took 1/2 an hour to get one of the doors open. ;)
I broke my ice scraper while I was working on the car. I need to go to Wal-Mart to get a new one, but I wasn't motivated enough today to brave their parking lot! I may have to find my extension cord and see if it will reach. With my luck, I'd end up shocking myself. :eek: I need to buy one of those carport kits!! or move someplace warmer! :D

Shy Moment
12-10-2007, 09:31 PM
ksk
lol warm water on the door will do the trick too. At least enough to get into the car and start it. Don't like remote starts. Do you know ( I am sure you don't want to hear this ) people out there who love to steal cars can start your car lol. I was going to get one put on my Caddie. The caddie dealer said first of all to much electronics already so forget it, second not a good idea if you want to wake up and not find your car. The caddies are almost impossible to break into.

cbmare
12-10-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm glad I don't live where you people do.

I did get off work early and got a chance to do the 4 mile Walk Slim.

sxulcmnky
12-11-2007, 07:51 AM
YAY! i did the 2 mile AFTER the bf left yesterday... i thought he was staying the night, but he didn't... so i took him to the metro, came home, checked email then went to do the walk...

oh AND YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
i lost 2.8lbs this week!!!!! YAY! :carrot::encore::cheer:

cbmare
12-11-2007, 11:45 AM
WTG, Sally!

I got up this morning and did the Walk Slim 2 Fast Miles.

I made a thread on the main page of this section about WATP looking for leaders. I sent them an email and I got a response from Mary Kay! She sent me a Personal Information Sheet and I returned it to them.

Shy Moment
12-11-2007, 11:53 AM
CB
Doesn't matter where I live. I can pop in Leslie and walk away.

sxul
WAY TO GO about the weight loss. That is just terrific. I love walking/aerobic videos, can do them anytime of the day or night and doesn't matter what the weather is like.

Michele L
12-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Well, we had a snow day today (LOTS of ice, sleet and snow), so I made SURE to do a workout! I chose the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk with 2 pound weights! I LOVE Mary Kay's mile in that one! :strong:

cbmare
12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Michele, which one is that? Is it in the Walk Slim 3 Fast miles? Mine doesn't have weights in that one.

Shy Moment
12-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Just got the Walk-off weight yesterday. Did the first segment yesterday and today. Is nice changing things up a bit.

sxulcmnky
12-12-2007, 10:13 AM
did the 2 mile express as per norm last night....

i also danced at the lunch cruise thingy...

so ya... suprisingly enough, i ate like a pig on the cruise, but lost .2lbs by this morning... weird huh? go me!

Michele L
12-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Mare: 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk is newer (out this summer or early fall). It's in a pink and white package with Leslie on the front wearing a black and white jacket with something pink wrapped at her waist. I think I got mine at either Best Buy or Walmart, but it's also available in Leslie's store and collage (online) and amazon.

Here's the description from the package:

Mile 1- 15 minutes of non-stop muscle moving steps to get you started
Mile 2- 12 minutes of speed walking (This is Mary Kay's mile)
Mile 3- 15 minutes to continue blasting calories as you burn body fat

The walk ends with a "feel good" flexibility exercise. Stretch the muscles; move the joints in a full range of motion--the perfect ending to a 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk!

Weights (optional) are used in part of the first and third miles.

Shy Moment
12-12-2007, 11:13 AM
sxul
Sounds like you had a good time. Did pretty good on the weight thing too it seems.

ksk571
12-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Hi ladies - I took a couple of days off (unintentionally). I had a busted pipe under my house yesterday and had to turn my water off. I didn't exercise yesterday morning as planned because I would not be able to shower before work and truth be told, I was a little stressed. My water got fixed today and I will be back on track. I should have my exercise class tonight and am planning on getting up tomorrow morning to spend some time with Leslie.

I think the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk is one I have on my netflix. It has a long wait though so it could be a while before I get to try it. With the new year coming up, that will probably make it even harder to get exercise dvd's for a while. I may have to look as some other WATP dvd to put in my queue to try out as well.

Sxul - congrats on the weight loss!

CB, Shy and Michelle - good job on keeping with it!

Shy Moment
12-12-2007, 09:24 PM
ksk
Sorry to hear about the water problems. Seems to be going around these days. My sons school has had pipe breaks four days in a row. Sure glad you got it fixed.

cbmare
12-12-2007, 09:55 PM
That is too bad about the pipe. At least we had water at Thanksgiving, just not hot water. I kept telling boobalah that we should be thankful that we had water! We can boil it to wash dishes.

When I went to Target the other day I found another Leslie. It has 4 miles but I think it is the same one as the 3&4 mile express that I have. I'm kinda bummed by that. However, it also has a walk/jog part. I didn't check that part out today. It may be the same as one of the other ones. I hope not. However the 3rd part is a 20 minute work out with the weights. It's called Muscle Mile One. It's a 20 minute 1 mile workout. I have't been doing enough upper body.

Shy Moment
12-12-2007, 10:52 PM
cb
I have read about the muscle mile one. I thought that looked interesting. I have an upper body workout I do twice a week. Just a bunch of upper body exercise I have gathered some from a site someone at this site posted and a few from other places. I could use a little extra upper body workout. Kind of hard to know which of hers are original and which ones have been repackaged sometimes.

sxulcmnky
12-13-2007, 10:03 AM
2 mile again last night... my roommate went shopping (apparently macy's had a HUGE sale) and was showing me the suit he bought while making fun of me for walking in front of the tv lol

ksk571
12-13-2007, 10:38 AM
Shy - Yeah, I'm trying to find some new ones so that I don't get burned out on the dialogue! (The way I figure, the baby that Jodi just had that Leslie keeps talking about on my dvd's has to be in grade school by now! :lol:) I am noticing that they seem to just repackage the same workouts in different collections. I'm going to be careful what I get. I'm looking for some good 30 minute (2 mile) walks. That seems to be the right length for the earliest I can seem to get out of bed.

Sxul - good job on the 2 miles. Just think of the day that you'll be showing off your new smaller suit or outfit of choice to your roommate thanks to you walking in front of the tv!!! ;)

CB - I hear you on the lack of upper body exercises. I did my workout this morning without the weights though because I just felt like I needed a break. It doesn't seem like I'm doing much with the 2 lb weights, but I seemed to feel it a little yesterday. And I keep sleeping on my shoulder wrong and waking up with it sore.

Well, I'm back on track (exercise-wise at least). I had my Zumba class yesterday which I noticed I was lifting my knee higher and putting more into it. I'm not sure if it's because I'm becoming more aware of what I need to be putting into my workouts or if I'm already seeing the benefits of Leslie.

I also got up this morning and did the 2 mile High Calorie Burn. I wasn't too keen on getting out of bed (never am) because it was pretty cold in my house, but I did it and it felt great (eventually ;)).

Take care and I hope everyone has a great day!!

Shy Moment
12-13-2007, 08:06 PM
ksk
Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds 1 Mile Get Up and Get Started was made in 2001. I sure hope that kid is sleeping thru the night by now. You should hear us. She starts talking about that baby right before the dreaded knee lifts. By now we are all saying put a darn pillow over your head and you won't hear it lol.

I did my ballet routine tonight instead of my 1 mile walking video. Oh my gosh, if I loved myself lol I would stick to the video. I forgot how much work that 1 hour routine is. My son said mom how on earth do you bend your foot back like that and it go over your head. lol I just laughed. I said kid, I am old, I am over weight. That doesn't mean by body is a total mess. I use to dance before you were born lol. He looked at his girlfriend and asked if she could do that, she said not without an ambulance standing by lol.

cbmare
12-13-2007, 09:49 PM
I sneaked out of work early. I did the 1 mile Walk Jog. I have the Walk Slim 2 Fast Miles set up for tomorrow morning. That all depends on the temp in the back room. If it isn't at least 40 degrees, I'm not working out. I'm a whimp in my old age.

sxulcmnky
12-14-2007, 07:49 AM
i so didn't walk last night... i didn't do much of anything though... and only ate 990 calories, so i took the night off... i was tired

tonight i will *try* to get one done...

cbmare
12-14-2007, 02:32 PM
We have our heater programmed to come on at around 6AM. It is set at 60 for over night and turns on at 6 to warm up to 68. That heater was running off and on overnight. Needless to say, the little radiator type heater for the back room tried its best. It is on a timer to come on at 4:30 and go off at 7. I went out there this morning and it had warmed all the way up to 40 degrees! I didn't work out. I'll try and sneak out early again today.

Shy Moment
12-14-2007, 08:49 PM
cb
I do the same thing. I have mine set at 65 from 10 pm till 5 am and then 68 from 5 am till 10 pm. Think I am going to turn it down to 62 at night. Costs a ton to heat this house even thou it has replacement doors and windows and is well insulated. Just a big house I guess.

cbmare
12-14-2007, 09:37 PM
I got to sneak out early again tonight. The room was all the way up to 60! I did the 2 Fast Miles.

Our furnace comes on at around 6 and warms to 68. It shuts off at 7:30 or 8 and resets to 60. Then it comes on again at 4:30 to warm to 68 until 10PM. Since it is kicking on so much at night, I think I may reset it to 58.

I love todays avatar. I want one.

Shy Moment
12-14-2007, 09:56 PM
i thought about turning mine down further but the vet said I need to keep the house warm enough for the cat and dog. They are both old.

cbmare
12-15-2007, 01:50 PM
I got up this morning and had to have my hour sit time. I take Fosamax D on Sat. mornings and I can't do anything during that time. So, I finished a movie I started last night.

After my sit time, I went into the tundra room. It was all the way up to 50! I decided to do the Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles. I had my robe on over my workout clothes for the first half mile. After I finished the 45 minute workout I noticed the temp was all the way up to 52! I didn't really break much of a sweat. Funny how coldness kinda prevents sweating.

:lol:

Shy Moment
12-15-2007, 08:14 PM
cb
I think I would do my walk videos in front of the living room tv lol.

sxulcmnky
12-16-2007, 12:02 PM
did the 2 mile express this morning... the BF is still sleeping lol... poor baby

Shy Moment
12-16-2007, 12:19 PM
I walked 3 miles last night while we watched a movie. Didn't do the rest of the stuff they were doing but I did keep the pase and walk the three miles. My hips were very tired lol.

cbmare
12-16-2007, 01:36 PM
If I could figure out the dvd player in the living room, I'd do it. It's part of the entertainment center and I have to push about 6 buttons to get it to play.

I got up this morning and did the 5 mile walk. 2 of them are just the walking but the others each use a booster (weights, belt and stretchie).

I'm tired. After I work up the energy, I'll take a shower. If I can stand the excitement, I'm going to wash my hair.

Michele L
12-16-2007, 02:15 PM
I don't have a lot of time today with 3 Holiday dance recitals, but I made sure to do something. I chose Walk With Me, which is a simple 1 mile with just Leslie. It was a nice relaxing time for ME in the middle of a very stressful month!

Shy Moment
12-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Michele
Sometimes just getting the body moveing is good enough. I would like to have that one.

cb
I hang my head in shame lol. I walked 3 miles of the 5 mile video last night. Didn't do all the moves. My hip is really bothering me now. Wonder if I slept on it funny.

sxulcmnky
12-17-2007, 09:41 AM
shy- hope your hip feels better soon

i think i need to go get the 3 mile one now... i have actually begun to think that the 2 mile is getting easy... scary

Toxic
12-17-2007, 08:58 PM
i did the 4 mile super challenge today. hope it's okay that i post here. (:

Shy Moment
12-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Toxic
We think it is wonderful that you posted here. Oh great, another one of you that makes me feel so lazy lol. I did a three mile walk the other day and pulled a muscle in my thigh. Now I am working hard just to do my 1 and two mile walking/aerobic videos and sure not giving them my all lol. Bet I don't have 2lbs lost this Wednesday at my weigh in. You just keep posting and letting us know how you are doing. People like you keep me going when my body doesn't want to.

sxul
I thought the 2 mile was getting easy to. Real nice pace to get thru. I'll be darn if I didn't just walk ( not do all the movements ) on that darn 3 mile one the other night and pull a muscle. That wasn't bad enough the next day I spent between 2 and 3 hours shoveling snow. Tonight I am having a hard time just walking thru the house lol.

Steelslady
12-18-2007, 01:26 AM
I just bought the five mile walk today- I'm so excited, I'm going to do it tomorrow in the morning when I have more energy. It was my Christmas gift to myself. :D

sxulcmnky
12-18-2007, 08:10 AM
shy- hope your muscles decide to cooperate today...

i didn't walk last night... but i did was 6 miles this week... which was 3 days, which is my goal... anything over that is just great, but at least i did my goal amount you know? last night the BF came over unexpected and so we hung out at my place for a bit then went to my parents house (first time meeting them) and we didn't get home until 930.... booo

cbmare
12-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Welcome, Toxic! Please "walk" in anytime you want!

I didn't work out yesterday. The timer on the heater was on pm, not am and it didn't turn on. I couldn't sneak out of work early so I couldn't get in a workout.

I got up this morning and yippeeee! The heater was on and the room was a nice 55 degrees! I looked at all the dvds and decided to do one I haven't done. I did the 1 mile Get Up and Get Started. Boy it is slow compared to the 2 Fast Miles.

Shy Moment
12-18-2007, 01:22 PM
cb
I love the get up and get started. I usually do that one in the morning and then another one in the evening. Just gives me a nice boost to get my day started.

sxul
Nice that you have a goal of how many miles you want to do a week. I just set up a routine and never thought about how many miles. Just checked it, 9 miles worth of videos ( not including the get up and get started in the morning sometimes, usually every other day ). Last few days I haven't been doing any moves just walking the miles. Thigh is killing me lol.

cbmare
12-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Shy, you may need to stop for a bit. Are you icing and heating your thigh? Quite frankly, I'd go into the exercise section and ask some of the personal trainers on here what to do.

You could be hurting yourself more.

sxulcmnky
12-18-2007, 01:50 PM
shy- ya i can tell if i miss a couple of days... i make the bf wait while i do it (since he doesn't want to do it with me) because if i miss too many days, my thighs get all tight.

also, i have more of a "i want to work out 3 times a week" goal than the distance goal.. but since i've been doing the 2 miles, that's 6 miles... but if i did 3 i wouldn't feel bad because i'm moving 3 times a week you know? and there is no way on god's green earth anyone can get me to work out in the morning before work... i leave the house at 6am... and i *hate* getting up

Shy Moment
12-18-2007, 02:15 PM
cb
I haven't been doing much except for very slow walking thru the vidoes to get my miles in. Yes, I have been iceing and heating. Darn thing is driveing me crazy. It isn't to bad until I get into bed and want to sit cross legged and watch tv then it hurts. Not really sure what I did to it. Don't remember doing anything to it.

cbmare
12-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Don'tcha just hate that? I hate getting injuried without knowing what I did. I'd much prefer getting hurt doing something fun!

Feel better soon. Oh, did the bzz people ever contact you?

Shy Moment
12-19-2007, 12:50 AM
cb
Not seen anything in my mail yet.

Michele L
12-19-2007, 10:23 AM
We had a late start due to fog this morning, so I hopped on my treadmill with my trusty mp3 and did Leslie's Christmas Walk plus added a few holiday songs from the radio (gotta love the radio feature on my mp3; didn't even have to stop!). In the end, it was 55 minutes and 3.11 miles:D:D

ksk571
12-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Hi ladies! :wave:

Sorry I've been MIA. I had a rough week. I have eaten terribly and haven't exercised since last Thursday. I was out of town at a meeting and am back and ready to get back on track. (I gained 6 pounds since last Monday :o) I'm ready to get back to exercising. Tonight is my last Zumba class until January so I am planning on doing WATP's more frequently for a while. I should be getting a different dvd from Netflix in the next few days so that I can try a different workout. I can't wait.

Shy - I hope your leg gets to feeling better. I have problems with my hip (not related to any injury) and it can get frustrating.

Take care ladies! I'll try to be back soon to catch up on everyone else. It looks like you've all been doing great!

ksk571
12-19-2007, 12:18 PM
And WELCOME toxic!

cbmare
12-19-2007, 01:27 PM
I got up this morning to find that the heater didn't turn on. :mad:

However, because it has been rainy, the cloud layer is in and it is not as cold. I did the 2 Fast Miles today.

I'm going to have to beat that timer into submission.

Shy Moment
12-19-2007, 09:26 PM
cb
You are to funny. I have been walking but that is it. Not doing any of the movements. This darn hip, upper thigh what ever it is. Really is bothering me. Have no idea what I did to it but I sure don't want to over do it. Don't want to mess with that darn knee ( on the other leg ) so I want to be careful, I seem to be putting more weight on that leg and it is making that knee a bit sore. 1 or 2 mile walk a day is it for now I guess.

ksk
Ok, NOW is the time to get back on track. That weight will come back off. I know it has to make you want to kick yourself in the bum. Let me do it for you, don't want to mess with your hip lol. Just try to make sure you do some kind of exercise everyday. Doesn't have to be anything real hard, just keep the body moving. The body doesn't need hard work outs everyday from what I have been told. It does need to rest. Maybe switch from and upper body one day to a lower body the next.

Michele
That is wonderful. Wish I could do that. Just walking is to much on my joints and feet. I seem to be fine with the walking/aerobic videos but just walking is to hard on my body.

cbmare
12-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Wow! I thought someone would have posted today before I got in here.

I'm off until Jan. 2. I had quite a bit of running around to do this morning. So, I didn't get my workout in until this afternoon.

I did the 4 Fast Miles.

sxulcmnky
12-20-2007, 08:41 PM
ok so even though i haven't done a walk since Sunday, it was still easy to do the 2 mile... i've decided i really need to get the 3 mile one now :D

just finished the 2 mile

Shy Moment
12-21-2007, 01:56 AM
sxul
How wonderful. Sure, once you have done all the moves in the video as intense as they can be done and it is still easy. It is time to move on to the next one. Congrats.

cb
Once again you put me to shame lol. I can only breath to 2 1/2 miles thru the 3 mile and that is it. Going to be awhile I think before I can do the 3 mile one. Darn lungs.

sxulcmnky
12-21-2007, 11:58 AM
ya that's what i was thinking

oh and i did my measurements today (last i measured was 11/27) and i'm down 6.45 inches OVER MY WHOLE BODY!!! down 1.75 on my waist, 3 on my hips, .5 on my thighs

Shy Moment
12-21-2007, 07:52 PM
sxul
That is WONDERFUL. So much more important than what the scale says. The scale lies lol. Muscle weighs more than fat. You can lose tons of inches and tone up and not lose a ton of weight.

Michele L
12-23-2007, 10:32 AM
So, I haven't done a workout since Wed. I've been eating on the run (Yesterday was HORRIBLE!) and I'm stressed out with everything still to be done. I am now on winter break through the 2nd. I made myself a promise to do a workout everyday except Christmas (although last year I did one then, too). We are doing a "Boot Camp" on Leslie's website and I said I'd do the Micro, which is:
21 miles between today and Friday
30 push-ups (total)
80 crunches (total)
64 ounces of water daily
5 fruit and veggies daily

It seems doable if I budget my time and energy. I need something to jump-start my motivation! Anyone want to join me?

Michele L
12-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Today has been a BUSY one with LOTS of baking! I've done 4 dozen peanut butter star cookies, 4 dozen chocolate Rolo cookies and last night I did pecan bars and Toffee Crisps. Tomorrow I will do the peanut butter balls and the Sock-it-to-me cake. In between, though, I did .51 treadmill miles and the 3 Fast Miles from Walk Slim! I'm also well on my way with water and fruits/veggies. I still have to do the crunches and push-ups, too. Hope someone joins me!

Shy Moment
12-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Michele
You are doing great. Thought I had all my cookies done and found I have a few more left to do. Will finish those up tonight. Got everything else finished up yesterday and the buckeye balls. You have a nice Christmas

ksk571
12-23-2007, 11:37 PM
Hello Ladies!

Michelle - I totally understand what you're going through. I haven't exercised since last Wednesday either and my eating has been terrible. I did get up this morning and did the 30 minute walk: Weight Loss series that I have from Netflix. I have to go 35 miles away each day to my sister's house this week because my parents are there. I don't think I will be eating well until my parents are gone, but I'm going to try to get up early and do a workout each day before I go.

Sxul - That's great on the inches lost! I need to get my measurements taken so that I can track that!

Take Care and everyone have a Merry Christmas!!

sxulcmnky
12-24-2007, 08:30 AM
i was feeling like a fatty last night (after eating almost 2000 calories) so i did the 2 mile express then followed it up with the 1 mile express.... felt great

Shy Moment
12-24-2007, 02:20 PM
sxul
Why don't you do an extra mile for me lol. Will make me feel good :).

I was excited. I got the walk away your waist for Christmas. Hubby gave it to me early lol ( ok I am a big baby ). I didn't know he bought it. I was showing him the hand weights I wanted, he got those for me too, a set of 2lbs and a set of 1.5lbs with hand straps on them, and I saw the video and said oh that is one of them I want. Didn't see him put it in the cart. When we got to the check out he hid it from me. He made me go away and had the woman that rang it up put it in a brown bag so I couldn't see it. Had no idea why the woman was laughing.

ksk
Hello, hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Michele L
12-24-2007, 05:12 PM
After FINALLY finishing my baking and wrapping, I did Fast & Firm: 4 REALLY BIG Miles! Now, I'm off to shower before we go to dinner and look at all the lights!

Merry Christmas!

Michele

ksk571
12-24-2007, 11:36 PM
I did the 30 minute walk: weight loss series again this morning. Yea!

PurdueGirl98
12-25-2007, 02:31 AM
Hi ladies, sorry I havent had time to update with my long work hours, but Ive been sure to walk at least 8-10 miles per week! Christmas Eve I did the 1 Mile Express.

tomandkara
12-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Ladies, I stumbled across your thread a couple days ago and it so intrigued me that I snatched up a Walk Away the Pounds DVD when I saw it at the store later that day. Hope you don't mind another friend! :)

So, what's your favorite video? I forget the title of the one I got, but it has three different workouts on it. Should be fun. I love to run outside, but it's SO cold now, and my husband works weird hours so I can't always get out for a run and I figure this will give me a good cardio workout *inside*.

Thanks in advance for your great advice!

Kara

Shy Moment
12-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Kara
You are more than welcome. Always nice to have one more to walk away the lbs with. I have a few of her videos. Hubby got me walk away the waist for Christmas. I was excited. It was on my " I want list" lol. I happen to like the Get up and get started and the Miracle Mile walk. Her walking with faith is a really good one too. Her chatty personality makes it all so fun. Without her, not sure I would keep up with exercising everyday.

Purdue
Wondered where you had been. Nice going on the walking.

ksk
Nice going. I have a couple of two miles ones I do, the lungs just aren't handling anything more than that yet but I love the 1 mile walks too.

Michele
Wow you are doing so good. I have WATCHED the four mile lol.

sxulcmnky
12-25-2007, 02:46 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

i did the 2 mile before coming to my mom's yesterday for Christmas Eve... won't be home until tonight, and i will probably do the 2 mile tonight, perhaps even 3 again if i'm not too bloated from christmas dinner

Shy Moment
12-25-2007, 02:57 PM
sx
You keep with it. Do any extra mile for me that way I only have to do 1 lol.

cbmare
12-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Welcome Kara!

I had to take a few days off. I had to finish 2 quillows by Sunday. I got them done and the moms loved them. Then we had several things to do around the house yesterday. We picked up my new sewing/quilting cabinet. It's still in the truck. We have to have a wrestling team or something like that over in order to get it out. It weighs well over 200 lbs. We need it out before boobalah's Big Green Egg gets here. He wanted (actually needed) a new smoker/grill for Christmas. It should be at the store in a week.

I got in 2 Fast Miles this afternoon.

Michele, how do you make the toffee crisps?

PurdueGirl98
12-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Hey ladies, wanted to check in, I managed to get in the 2 Mile High Calorie Burn before Christmas dinner and guests.

Shy Moment
12-25-2007, 09:05 PM
purdue
Nice going. I got a new video so I did that one. 1 mile of Walk Away The Pounds Heart Healthy Walking ( 2 Mile )

cd
Darn I still make quilts by hand. I have to get modern lol.

tomandkara
12-25-2007, 09:54 PM
I also quilt! Great minds think alike, huh?!

Thanks for the recommendations on the different videos. You all are hardcore - getting your exercise in any time you can! I'm so impressed! :cp:

I'm going to try my new DVD out tomorrow. Today I'm going to the gym for a toning class.

Kara

Shy Moment
12-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Kara
I love to quilt. All done by hand, no machines lol. Takes a long time. Each of the kids have a quilt. I have one on my bed and one I drag around the house with me. Made quilts for the in laws this year. I have say I was a bit prideful when my mother in law and sister in laws oohed and ahhhhed about the workman ship :)

Michele L
12-25-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm so excited! I got some new fitness things for Christmas! First, my mother-in-law got me a talking pedometer. Now, I already have (and LOVE) my Omron HJ-112, plus I won a spare one in a contest through this website, but extras are always fun! Then, my sister replaced my VHS 3 and 4 mile WATP Express with a new DVD 2-pack! PLUS, she wants my hand-me-downs! She has been walking with her dogs, and will continue to do that some, but with darkness hitting so early in Illinois, it just isn't safe by the time she gets home from work. I had given her the basic WATP for weights several years ago and she's used them off and on, but more off than on. I have decided NOT to push it, but she mentioned today that she would like my extra stretchie if I still had one. That's when I took the opportunity to see if she was back into using them and interested in expanding her collection. She said yes and that she actually preferred VHS because of the room she usually works out in. I upgraded several this summer when Gaiam was having a big sale, so I have several VHS duplicates. I think they are now going to a good home! Another convert!

I did no workout today and had very few pedometer steps, but I did OK on the food choices. One glass of wine, a sliver of mom's homemade cheesecake and a small slice of sock-it-to-me cake were the major splurges, but I think I did OK overall.

Mare, the toffee crisps are made with graham crackers a buttery mixture poured over them and then baked. When they come out of the oven, you sprinkle them with chocolate chips and spread them when they melt. The last step is chopped almonds over everything. Let me know if you want the recipe and I'll PM you. It came from Pampered Chef.

Take care, everyone!

Michele

Shy Moment
12-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Michele
Isn't it great when you get what you really want lol.

I already had

Leslie Sansone ( 1995 ) Miracle Mile Walk 1 Mile
Leslie Sansone ( 1998 ) Walk Off Weight 4 Mile
Leslie Sansone (2001) Walk Away The Pounds...
( 1 Mile ) Get Up And Get Started
( 2 Mile ) High Calorie Burn
( 3 Mile ) Super Fat Burning
( 4 Mile ) ( 2003 ) Express
Leslie Sansone ( 2007 ) Advanced Walk 5 Mile

I now have to add to my collection, because of my wonderful hubby

Leslie Sansone ( 2001 ) Walk Away The Pounds For The Abs 3 Mile
Leslie Sansone ( 2001 ) Walk Away The Pounds Heart Healthy Walking 2 Mile
Leslie Sansone ( 2007 ) Walk Away Your Waistline 3 Mile With Waist Belt
Leslie Sansone ( 2007 ) Getting Fit With Faith 2 Mile

I have more than enough to do a different 1 or 2 mile walk everyday.

A couple of them he bought new, some used at the video store. Not all of them came with equipment so he also got me, a set of 1.5 lb hand weights with straps, a set of 2 lb hand weights and some stretchy things. I said, " Do you know what I want for Valentines day?" He started to laugh and said what. I said I want her exercise ball video and an exercise ball. He just smiled and said no problem.

Talk about supportive.

ksk571
12-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Hello Ladies!

Way to go to everyone who exercised yesterday! I couldn't quite get it done. I did do the 30 Minute Walk: Weight Loss Series.

Wow, Shy - sounds like Santa was good to you! ;) You'll have to let us know which ones are your favorites! I have been keeping to the 2 mile workouts also due to time restraints. I need to keep that the minimum I do.

Michele - Sounds like you did pretty good this Christmas also! It's great about your sister. I hope she can begin a healthy lifestyle also. There are people in my life that I would love to be able to encourage to get more active, but there's such a fine line to being able to do it without hurt feelings or being pushy. It's great that she brought it up!

Kara - Welcome to our group. I hope you like her dvd's. I have a couple and have checked a few out from Netflix to try them out before I buy.

Purdue - sounds like you're doing great! I really need to make sure I do 8 - 10 miles a week. That's a great goal!

CB - Hi! I think of you when I do my video from netflix. All of the people on the video with her are walk leaders. I keep thinking that it may be you on a future video if you become a walk leader! ;) I have always wanted to learn to quilt, but never got around to it. I do crochet and scrapbook. I made my mom a scrapbook for Christmas. It was quite a bit of work. It's hard to get your exercise in when you've got a deadline! :)

Take care ladies and I'm excited about losing weight with you in the new year (and losing the weight I've put on the last few weeks!!)

sxulcmnky
12-26-2007, 12:07 PM
i did the 2 mile express and the 1 mile express immediatly following it again last night

will probably do it again when i get home from work (which will be soon)

Shy Moment
12-26-2007, 12:22 PM
sx
You keep going, you are doing great.

ksk
With my knee sometimes 1 mile is all I can do at a time. With my lungs 2 miles is all I can do at a time lol. I also do an upper body workout a couple of times a week. Sometimes, usually, I do a 1 mile walk in the morning and a 2 mile walk in the evening.

Michele L
12-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Hello, walkers! I just finished the 4 Mile Super Challenge! I'm a bit more than 4 miles from my goal of 30 miles this month, too! Now, 30 miles isn't much (compared to the 90+ I did over the summer), but after 8 in October and 3.01 in November, it's a HUGE improvement!

Shy, you are going to LOVE your new workouts! The only one I don't have is Getting Fit With Faith. The rest are AWESOME!

Hi to everyone--I hope you're WALK, WALK, WALKING!

Shy Moment
12-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Michele
Thanks, glad to hear it. I have watched them and they do look fun. I get 1 mile in a day at least. Depends on if I do upper body work outs or firm ups if I do 2 miles a day or not. Can also depend on this knee of mine. I have lots of time to do more; to darn lazy I guess, but then I have said I am lazy lol.

Michele L
12-26-2007, 06:02 PM
Just keep at it, Shy! You're making great progress!

I had some extra motivation this afternoon, so I did the other half of my new set--3 Mile Advanced Walk with the stretchie! That's 106 minutes and 7 miles TOTAL!!

Shy Moment
12-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Michele
I haven't done all of the 3 mile advaced walk just the first two miles. Nice going that you completed it. I think it is a good workout.

So far I have really enjoyed each of the videos I have done. I like using weights or stretches or the belt. Thought the belt was a bit lose so we have already tightened it so the straps are shorter. The stretches we put knots in so I know where to grab them instead of fumbling around with them. Did two miles of the walk away your waist, first time I have got to use it. Very nice pace and I like the belt already. Have to say probably my favorite is Getting fit with faith. I like the music and Leslie's interaction.

Have to wonder how some of the people in the videos don't seem to want to get into it and interact with her much. I am a bubbly person like she is. I would love to work out with her. When my sons girlfriend does the videos with me it is a hoot. I am laughing so hard, never saw a person so uncoordinated in my life, the girl can't even take directions lol. She has me laughing so hard ( on purpose ) that I have to tell her to stop. I can't laugh, breath and exercise at the same time lol. I don't like to chat a lot while I do the vidoes, I have to pay attention to keep the abs and other muscles tight that I want tight but I do like the interation of kidding around a bit.

PurdueGirl98
12-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Hey ladies and I must say you all are doing GREAT, way to keep it moving during the holidays! Today I did the 2 Mile Express with stretchie! Im considering going on Leslie's Walk diet again to lose some extra pounds this winter, Ill update you all!

Shy Moment
12-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Purdue
Nice going, you keep eating right and exercising and you will get right where you want to be. Don't know much about her walk diet. Is that what is on the end of one of the videos telling you how many miles to do a day?

sxulcmnky
12-27-2007, 08:24 AM
thanks... i've worked out for 7 days in a row... i *never* thought i'd do that willingly :lol:

last night i did the 2 mile brisk.... i was going to do the 1 mile afterwards but i was super tired... i couldn't sleep on sunday night (probably due to being off work for 6 days and dreading coming back) so i got a whopping 3.5 hours of sleep. needless to say, i went to bed at about 7 last night lol.... i was up at 5 this morning though before my alarm went off... i *almost* did the 1 mile this morning, but i was feeling way too lazy after my cereal (which i never have time to eat at home until today)

sxulcmnky
12-27-2007, 06:21 PM
now 8 days :D

i did the 3 miles today... oh and i'm getting one in the mail today (a 3 mile one)..... which i am going to try to do tonight... so if i do it all... i will have walked 6 miles today go me!!! :cheer:

Shy Moment
12-27-2007, 06:33 PM
sxul
I do a walking/arobic video everyday, at least 1 mile sometimes 2 and sometimes I do two vidoes a day. Plus every day I do either an upper body workout with dumbbells, a workout with a stretchy band with handles or a workout with a regular stretchy band. Every day I do Shapely Secrets In 7, 7 Minute Workout Greer Childers. Keeps me off the streets and out of trouble lol.

ksk571
12-27-2007, 08:43 PM
I just did the Super Fat Burning - 3 miles! And am anxiously awaiting my netflix selection. I think I should be getting the Walk Kick one.

Daimere
12-27-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm hoping tomorrow I can get back on plan. ^_^ Wish me luck!

ksk571
12-27-2007, 11:29 PM
You can do it Daimere!

sxulcmnky
12-28-2007, 08:00 AM
shy- go you! i'm still getting into the habit of working out... i went years without so much as getting off the couch and doing sit ups/crunches

i did 1 mile of the super fat burning 3 mile last night... so i did 4 miles total last night. i was just too tired to finish it. i'm going to try to do it tonight when i get home from work.... if my roommate has made a copy of it by then

cbmare
12-28-2007, 12:46 PM
I've had yet another couple of days off. Wednesday I was looking for some dead people at the National Archives. There oughta be a law about 2 people that are not in the same family having the same name. Do you know how many Alexander Coulter's there have been in the past? I don't even want to know how many are here now! :lol:

Yesterday was some running around. So, no time again.

I got up early this morning while boobalah was sleeping in. I did the 1 mile Get Up and Get Started. Then I went right into the 2 mile Fat Burning.

Ladies, please pray for us today. Something came back abnormal in boobalah's blood work. We find out what it is today. He is still so weak. This has been going on since mid Nov.

Michele L
12-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Prayers coming your way, mare! Keep us posted!

I just finished the 3 mile Walk Away Your Waistline with double bands on the ab belt! Do my arms feel it! I made my December goal of 30 miles, too! I keep tweaking my 2007 goal, though. I realized that I was NOT going to reach my original goal of 900 miles, so I downsized to 600. Then I made that, so I have increased by 10 miles twice. Hopefully I can hit 620 by the end of Monday.

Have a great day!

Michele :wave:

Grumbleworts
12-28-2007, 03:07 PM
I just bought my first WATP video, the 1 and 2 mile. I'm doing the one mile tonight to start!

Shy Moment
12-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Grumble
I love that video. I happen to like to use it everyday in the morning, thou I do switch off to other vidoes for my one mile in the morning. I make sure I do that one at least once a week.

Michele
I just got that one. I do it for two miles. Really like it. Think the belt needs to be used more than it is used in the video. You are doing great, keep walking. Makes us feel good to get the body moving and we know that is good for us. My hip and knee are feeling better so I am working myself back up to my routine of 3 miles a day 6 days a week plus the other stuff I do. Sounds like a lot but it doesn't really take long. I do a 15 min 1 mile video in the morning and then a 30 min 2 mile video in the evening and my resistance training ( different routines at least every other day, sometimes with hand weights sometimes with a resistance cord, sometimes with a stretchy ) Sure isn't as much as a great many people do. I do all of this at home, no expensive gym, no expensive machines, no traffic to fight and no waiting for machines lol.

lots2go
12-28-2007, 05:31 PM
ok, so i just bought my first watp video today, the 5 day fit something lol...i'm doing it tonight, after my headache nap, but ne who, I'm excited about getting to know all you great ladies! I'm back on plan tomorrow!! i've stunk it up this past month!! no excuses though!

Shy Moment
12-28-2007, 05:41 PM
lots2go
WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL I love Leslie's videos. She is fun and perky. You join right in and feel part of the group. They are also easy to do and she gives good instruction. You enjoy and walk away the lbs with the rest of us. Let us know how things are going.

ksk571
12-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Hi Lots & Grumble - welcome to our thread.

CB - sending prayers your way and hoping all is well.

Michelle & Shy - I keep seeing the one with the walk belt and wonder how it is. I may have to give it a try.

sxul - 4 miles is great. I need to up my exercise! I went quite a while without exercising either. I found last week when I went a whole week without it that I kinda missed it.

I got the Walk & Kick dvd from netflix today. I really liked it. It was a little different. It must be about 2 miles because it was 30 minutes. It seems that Wal-Mart carries a lot more exercise dvd's around the new year. I'm looking forward to checking it out and hoping they are going to carry more WATP workouts for a while.

Take Care!

PurdueGirl98
12-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Hey ladies just checking in...I did the Walk Strong today with weights and I really feel it!

Shy Moment
12-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Purdue
It is to bad none of us live close enough to do the workouts together. Wouldn't that be such a hoot. We would have to remember to BREATH while we laughed lol.

ksk
I really like it. I don't think you use the belt enough but I do like the routine in general. It was really cheap less than 13 dollars.

lots2go
12-29-2007, 01:10 AM
well, i did the first one tonight it was great! It was the 1 mile the get started one, i used weights for most of it, i didnt realize that she would incorporate the weights later in the video, i used them from the beginning, but didnt make it the whole way w/ them, i also did 20 pushup and sit ups before that though...i've got to get back in the swing of things! I'm so glad I found u ladies :)
Shy: I just saw in your siggy, the drop in your BMI WTG!!

Shy Moment
12-29-2007, 01:20 AM
Lots2
Thank you so much. I am happier about the drop in BMI than I am about the drop in weight lol. Nice going doing that video with weights. I do the same thing. That is the video I started with. I didn't move on to two miles until I could do that video just as hard as I could make it. I love that video.

I did a new workout ( new for me ) I found on diet.com using the resistance cord with handles ( hey people I had this darn thing from one of my Richard Simmons tapes from years ago lol sure glad I kept it, going to break out those old VHS tapes and convert them to divx so I can play them on the computer in the den and sweat away to the oldies :). By the way, great site, click on video and then on fitness/exercise you will see all kinds of videos of different exercises using different things and some using nothing at all. My gosh that work out kicked my butt lol. Every time you use a different piece of equipment you find you are using those same old muscles in a brand new way.

For me, it is great to be able to do all this at home. videos don't cost that much, this last new one I got was under 13 dollars and it came with the waist band with attached cords with handles. You can get videos from the library and rent them too. Check out the sections of videos for sale and for heavens sakes stop at those yard sales. You know how so many poor souls get exercise stuff and then toss it in the closet a few days or weeks later. You can get great stuff for almost nothing. I want one of those Susan Summers things that you press between your thighs. I had someone that does and trains people in work outs tell me that thing is great and really does work to tighten those thigh muscles and helps a great deal with that upper inner thigh that is so hard to work on. We shall see, I am going to be checking out yard sales to find one. Figures I have seen dozens of the things before when I just wasn't at the place yet to want to exercise. Now I will have a hard time finding one I am sure lol.

ksk571
12-29-2007, 05:35 PM
I did the 30 minute walk: weight loss series today. This is my 4th day in a row to exercise and my 6th time in the past 7 days. Small NSV!

Shy - I have the ThighMaster that I got at a garage sale for $1. I need to drag it out of that closet stuffed with exercise stuff I never use that you were talking about!!

Grumbleworts
12-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Did the one mile again tonight...was planning on the two mile, but I got caught up doing other things. :)

Shy Moment
12-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Grumble
Nice going getting the one mile in. The only way you can get in the exercise that you want to do it just do it. There is something else that can always be done. It will come to a point for you, just like it did for me, that exercise is like washing dishes. It has to be done so doesn't matter what else needs to be done. Exercise needs to be done and it is just another thing on the todo list. You do it and then go on to something else.

ksk
Nice going. Make sure you take a break one day a week. The body needs the rest from what I have been told. I have nothing in my house that I don't use one time or another. Wish I had a magic closet I could pull stuff out of lol.

PurdueGirl98
12-30-2007, 03:54 AM
Did the 2 Mile Express Saturday LATE at night but I couldnt go to sleep without my walk.

cbmare
12-30-2007, 01:11 PM
I got up this morning and really needed to aleeve some of the stress. I did the Fast Start 3 Fast Miles. I feel oh so much better. Now if boobalah will just wake up so I can take a shower I'd feel even better. He just needs so much sleep!

Oh, thanks for the prayers, ladies. We still don't know what is going on. One thing for sure is we are changing doctors. We picked up the paperwork for a new doctor and will be delivering the request for all our files to our current doctor tomorrow. Then we are going to make an appt for the new one for boobalah and get him in as soon as possible. We arrived at the dr office 10 - 15 minutes early. He had an 11 appt. We sat there until after 12. He was so angry that some walkins (no appt) got seen before he did. He just left. He called them back and said he would like for the dr to call him and just tell him what they saw in the bloodwork. She won't do it. He has to make another appt. He's never had an appt there that he didn't have to wait over an hour just to get weighed. Then it's another 20 min. or more in a room waiting for the dr and then she only spends 5 minutes and he doesn't get all his questions answered. She never used to be like this. I guess she really wants that insurance money.

Shy Moment
12-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Purdue
That is wonderful. Isn't it funny, we get on a routine and we just can't sleep until we do what we know is so good for us.

ksk571
12-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Hello ladies! - Congrats to everyone for working out! I did the Super Fat Burning workout (3 miles). I may have to take a break from it tomorrow! ;)

Shy Moment
12-30-2007, 07:37 PM
ksk
I have added more resistance training than I was doing. Wasn't doing a lot just enough to add something to my routine besides the walking/aerobic videos. I think I over did it. Going to have to slow down and just add a little at a time. Who would have thought that skinny stretchy cord with handles could kick your butt lol.

Michele L
12-30-2007, 10:51 PM
Tonight I did 4 miles on the treadmill while watching the first season of MASH on hubby's PDA. We're trying it out before buying a portable DVD player and it works GREAT! I kept telling myself, "Just finish the episode!", but another one would come and I'd keep walking! I walked 80 minutes!

Grumbleworts
12-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes!
I did the 2 mile high cal burn tonight...and it burns! But it was good! :)

Michele L... I love it when the time moves so quickly while exercising!

sxulcmnky
12-31-2007, 08:09 AM
KSk - ya i've been doing them everyday for about 10 days now (before i was lucky to get in the 3 day a week). now i really look forward to it when i get home from work

as for my working out the last few days
friday - 3 mile fat burning
saturday - 2 mile express twice (once in the morning and once in the afternoon) putting that day at 4 miles
sunday- my legs and butt are really feeling all the walking i've been doing... so ya... i just did the 2 mile express. i just feel like i'm cheating myself if i do the 1 mile anymore... unless i have like only 20 mins to get it in... which it is perfect for... to get you moving when you don't have much time

in other news... my scale hates me... it seems as if i have gone up to 207.4 which is .8 over my last "offical" weigh in and 5 over my last "unofficial" weigh in.... i'm hoping it's a glitch. i'm going to take my measurements tonight and see if i can get a better feeling from those you know?

also, i got my sister to take some "before" pictures of me for the new year. i've already lost ~16 lbs, but the ones i took before were lost on the great computer crash of 07 at my friends house :cry:

cathyxxx
12-31-2007, 10:55 AM
Hey gang

I haven't been logging my walking on here for the past couple of months as I've been really tied up with life and especially with my mom as she was diagnosed with lung cancer and we were in Houston for weeks and weeks for surgery to remove it and then to put in a pacemaker, and all sorts of fun like that. ;-) It was real touch and go for awhile but she is doing better. They won't consider doing chemo bec it would do more harm than good at this point, sooooooooo I'm trying to get back to a more normal routine for myself.

I am thrilled to report that I did NOT gain 1 pound during the holidays which is a major accomplishment for me and I'm glad about it :-)

Last week I got back to walking using Leslie Sansone's dvds.

On Wednesday I walked 2 miles

Friday I walked 2 miles

Saturday I walked 3 miles AND put up Christmas decorations which is major exercise in itself ;-)

and this morning I walked 2 miles before getting ready for work.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Years Eve.

I'll see ya tomorrow :wave:

hugs,
Cathy

sxulcmnky
12-31-2007, 10:58 AM
i'm going to do the 3 mile fat burning when i get home from work today

sxulcmnky
12-31-2007, 11:01 AM
where can you get the water weights that she uses in some of her videos? they are balls... filled with water... easier to hold in your hand while walking... i'm using regular dumbells right now

sxulcmnky
12-31-2007, 04:11 PM
stupid camera USB cord is missing... so i have to go get a new one to upload the pics.

but on a brighter note, i just took my measurements and i'm down 1.3" YAY!

ksk571
12-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Sxul - yeah! Loss of inches is always great! I got my weights in a kit with a dvd from Walmart (that one was in the music section). There are a also some dvd's in the sporting goods section. At my Walmart, they also have 2 pounds weights that are similar to Leslie's (but not her brand). They are balls as well and are already filled. I don't know if it's with water or what, but they seem to be comparable. The ones at my Walmart are 2 shades of pink.

Cathy - :hug: I'm sorry you've had a rough time of it lately. I'm glad your mom is doing better. Welcome back! It sounds like you've been busy walking!

Michele - I have really been wanting a treadmill so that I can walk while watching tv (a bit of an addict here!) but I haven't gotten around to saving the money for it yet. I'm a little nervous about spending so much money on one and then not using it (as I have done with other things). But this time is different and I'm in it for the long haul!

Mare - it's nice to see you around!

:wave: Hi Shy, Lots, Grumble, Purdue and anyone else I missed!

Have a great new year and be safe this evening!!

Shy Moment
12-31-2007, 07:51 PM
ksk
People tend to forget sometimes you don't lose weight because you gain muscle and lose inches. I will take loss inches over lost lbs any day of the week.

sxul
I had those balls and if your hands aren't very big they are NOT easy to hold. She now uses small dumbbells with straps on them in the newer videos. Might be the reason why. I got 1 1/2 lb and 2 lb dumbbells with straps on them at heck I don't remember but I do know they have them at walmart for less than 6 dollars a set.

The kids are trying to kill me lol. I was going to do my sweating to the oldies and my daughter wanted to join in. Was real fun. We did the first two sweating to the oldies tapes. My son and his girlfriend came in as we were finishing up and they want to do the next two sweating to the oldies with me lol. Have to say must have been what I needed. A nice low impact aerobics exercise. My body feels almost back to normal. I can't wait to watch my son try to make it all look " manly " and strut around. His girlfriend and I are going to have a wonderful time laughing lol.

cbmare
12-31-2007, 09:10 PM
ksk, look for a used sporting goods place. We have Play It Again Sports around here. You might find one there. Also, look at freecycle.org. You have to give something away in order to get something for free but it's worth a try. Look on Craig's List as well.

I did the Fast Start 2 Fast Miles. Tonight I'm going to take over the table after boobalah's Beef Wellington is over. We traced the pattern for a reverse applique wall hanging. I think I'll start cutting the paper away tonight. Maybe I'll be able to get it started tomorrow after I get the greens and stuff started for my New Year's dinner.

Shy, I see you have your egg butt back.

Shy Moment
12-31-2007, 10:15 PM
cb
You just leave my egg alone unless it needs a good kick lol.

cbmare
01-01-2008, 02:35 AM
cb
You just leave my egg alone unless it needs a good kick lol.

:kickbutt:

Sorry. I couldn't resist the temptation. After all, I am a corporate dominatrix.

Michele L
01-01-2008, 10:31 AM
ksk: Hubby didn't think I'd stick with my treadmill when I got mine a few years ago, but I proved him WRONG! I pestered and then went and bought one right at this time at Sears (they have the best sales right around New Year's). While I still do a LOT of walking with Leslie, sometimes I just want to walk without the arms or even JOG a few minutes. I got an mp3 player and some great music (some are even Leslie soundtracks) and I just WALK! The other night was fun with hubby's PDA. I think it may get me to walk even more if i can watch a TV show or movie at the same time! Whatever gets us moving, RIGHT?!?!

Grumbleworts
01-01-2008, 06:27 PM
after spending new years at my parents and missing a day, i did the two mile this evening. It really gets you sweating!

Shy Moment
01-01-2008, 09:34 PM
A woman and her egg is a personal thing lol.

cathyxxx
01-02-2008, 10:39 AM
:cheer: I did the 2 mile Walk Wlim this morning :cheer:

hope everybody has a great OP day!
hugs,
Cathy

bradleys mom
01-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Hi, My name is Kimberly, and I too am addicted to Leslie Sansone. lol

I posted in the other forum, but had to say hi here too. Hope you all don't mind me dropping by every now and then. :)

Shy Moment
01-02-2008, 06:25 PM
bradleys mom
You are more than welcome here any old time you feel like dropping in. I ordered the one off qvc yesterday. Can't wait to get it.

Cathy
Isn't she fun to walk with :)