Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 08:20 AM   #1  

Talking i'm new. . .

hey everyone,

i'm new to these boards... my name is ari and i'm going to tell you a lil bit about myself... i'm 14 years old, i live in miami - florida, i've tried many fad diets and starvation diets such as atkins, cabbage soup diet, 3 day diet, 500-800 calorie diet and nothing has worked for me because i haven't been able to stick with it and it's kind of like i've been through an eating disorder with all the starving i've done in the past year. but now it's 2002 and i'm ready to start over fresh with a HEALTHY diet and exercise daily...i hope you all give me some support.

here are my goals:

eat healthy[1200-1500 calories daily]
workout everyday[cardio: walking, jump rope, dancing...]
do abdoer daily
no more starving, no more binging!
keep track of food/calorie consumption in notebook

february - 135 > march - 130 > april - 125 > may - 120

diet will be based on:
fruits vegetables
protien complex carbs
water

my day will go like this:
breakfeast, lunch, snack, dinner, snack

monthly weigh-ins:
feb. 14
mar. 14
apr. 14
may 14

===================================

i'm starting my diet tommorow[sunday]. ummm. my birthday is next month[february 7] and on that day my mom is taking me and my friend to an awards show[premios lo nuestro..its in spanish] and i was wondering if i could lose a lil weight by then? if not, it's okay..i don't want to speed anything up. will i be able to lose about 10 lbs. by spring break[starts march 30]? i hope so.
i'm going to chicago w/ my family. hmm, may 23 is my end of the year field trip and we're going to orlando[islands of adventures..woo woo, i love that place!]...hopefully i'll be able to meet my goal weight by then so that i can fit into a size 5 and be able to look cute in my clothes. well, i hope you guys reply and sorry for all the questions, hehe.

love always, ari
Old 01-12-2002, 08:59 AM   #2  

Hi there. Those all sounds like pretty good goals. 1200-1500 calories is much healthier than 500-800 calories.

Are you bringing your lunch to school, or eating in the cafeteria? Eating out is always tricky (though doable, if you plan), and I'm sure cafeterias are no exception. If you're bringing in your lunch I'd try posting somewhere and asking for creative lunch ideas. Turkey sandwiches and an apple can get old after the 37th day. (I was looking for a thread I saw once, somewhere, that had suggestions for bag lunches, even for people without access to a refrigerator or microwave. But I can't find it now.)

Hrm, and I'm going to look for the low point snacks list I had a while ago. It lists healthy, low calorie snacks. If I find it, I'll come back and post a link to it here.

(Edited to add... I posted the list in the WW General Forum. You can find it by clicking here as well.)

Last edited by Scuttle; 01-12-2002 at 09:47 AM.
Closed Thread