Old 05-21-2007, 09:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Core Chat: May 21-27

Good Morning! New pages for us all.

There are posts from last night and this morning on last week's thread; be sure to catch up.

Have a great OP day.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:08 AM   #2  

I did it! I lost another pound. Well, .7 actually, but I'm just going to throw caution to the wind and call it a full pound!

Coco: you wrote on the other pages this morning that you are motivated at the meetings and then lose the motivation when you get home. "Who cares?" you asked.

Well, OK, in the end YOU have to care. We care about you, and I'm sure there are many others around you who care also. But, YOU have to care. We all go through periods of not caring about ourselves enough. You can probably get through this. Read and re-read Dr. Oz's book.

Maybe it would help to find a way to take the meeting home with you. Ask your leader if you can take a picture of him or her, or have someone take a picture of you with the leader. Post that on the 'fridge door. Take notes at the meeting and put those notes in the kitchen.

Copy what Sandra is doing: put your food diary right in front of you.

Get the temptations out of the house. My DH must have his "junk" food around. Our compromise is that he puts it all in a metal cabinet in the study, not in the kitchen cabinets where I would see it. I don't know why, but that change makes it less visible to me, although I'm in the study much of the time. It's no more than three feet behind me, but I can ignore it. If it were in the kitchen cabinet, I would have a hard time resisting it.

Think of ANY way that you can put a barrier between your mouth and the food!

Good luck to you.

Rhonda
Old 05-21-2007, 11:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/237/180

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone
I went back to my meetings and I loved it !!!! I have been OP !!!
I am counting points and trying to eat as much core food as possible.

I have 3 girls from my team that made it to the all stars !!!!!!!!! I am so proud of them Tonight we have a game.

I have finished painting the kitchen and dining room and it looks beautiful ! Very cheerful and it makes me happy to be in there now . LOL

I hope all is well with everyone. Have a great day and be good to your self
Ginas going 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:07 PM   #4  

Coco don't despair...Yes Monday is a holiday but WW meetings weeks run Sunday through Saturday, so you can (if you want to be proactive) weigh in on any other of those days. Don't you have to pay for missed meetings?? Unless you have a pass of some sort.
Hang in there...you'll do great!!
I just feel this need to help you out also...you sound so down, and not alone in your efforts.
I am sure your Leader cares as well as the ladies on this core board.
So just know there IS a meeting you can attend if you choose to. It doesn't have to be Monday, as long as it's between Sunday and Saturday. So you have between May 27 and June 2nd.
Best of luck to you. You can absolutely do this!!
L.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:08 PM   #5  

Hi ladies. I didn't do too great with eating over the weekend, but this is a new, fresh week, and I'm not looking back. I got up this morning, and did the Basic Tae-Bo tape for the first time. I have to say, I was really worried after reading about it that it'd be way too hard, like strenuous and complicated. But it really wasn't. I did get a good workout, but I could keep up, and it was just the right length. The only thing I really didn't care for was Billy Blanks's extremely tight, revealing, blue Spandex outfit. I was embarassed for my 8 year old daughter to see it. The only thing she said though was, "Wow, those people look very strong!"

So that's my official recommendation...it's fun, a great workout, and not as hard on the feet/ankles as I worried it would be. I have extremely flat feet, so any kind of high impact activity like running/jumping gives me shin splints. I would recommend it if you're bored with aerobics. I guess the only other tapes I've done enough to compare it to are the Walk Away the Pounds ones. This is more difficult, not in terms of following along, but it is harder on the muscles and I'm much more sore afterwards.

Okay, enough about that. I watered my garden this morning, since it hasn't rained much here at all. Those poor little seedlings needed some water! I need to get the tomatoes and peppers out of the greenhouse and plant them...maybe this evening.

Later,
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:29 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

I lost 1.6. Two losing weeks in a row. I guess that pathetic little bit of exercise actually helped some. If only I can keep the stress eating to a minimum and keep reminding myself that it helps nothing!

Coco, you sound like you are eating from boredom. Maybe it's time to get a hobby to keep you busy when you're at home. My normal meeting day is Monday also. I'm going to a meeting on Tuesday morning instead. Of course, it's easier for me since I go to a Center where there are about 30 meetings a week. Try inputting your zipcode into the weight watchers website to see if there is another location you can go to that is close.

I'm off to get stuff done and make appointments. Continued good luck to you all.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:55 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone
Well I gained 2 1/2 lbs this week. Knew I was gaining.
VICKIE CONGRATS on the loss. That is wonderful. Proud of you. Keep up the good work.
TEJAS THANKS for the talk. I did go to the WW meeting this afternoon. Had a Dr's appt. late this afternoon. So wasnt sure what time I would get out. And then had to go to the store for son. The leader was really good. Enjoyed it. So am hoping what she says stays with me.
L.J. With Monday being a holiday. We wont have to pay for that meeting. But if we go to another one. We have to pay. But I am thinking of not going that week. I feel I need a break from weighing in. That I am stressing too much about what the scales are saying. And I do need to worry about what they are saying. But am hoping that then the weekend wont be so stressed worrying about weighing in.
ONTARGET How are you doing. Hope you are having a great day.
Well am going to get off here for now.
Thinking of each of you.
Again thank you so much for being here for me. I really am needing all the input that I can get right now.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:41 AM   #8  
focused and aiming

where did today go? i hit the floor running this am. then curtis got on the good puter to work on a project so i had to do some scrambling. i couldn't get the old laptop to work with the dialup. so--i called bresnan and set up another appt for them to install wireless for us. we should be getting it and a new email addy the 31st of this month. i am sooooo ready for speedy pages.

rhonda, thank you for the kickbutt. i needed it. i need one periodically just to keep me focused. i think you have some fantastic advice here for coco. i like the idea of taking the meeting home with you. that's a great anchor. so my cousin's back to eating junk food? he and i are soooo alike. my big splurge today (tonight) is my principato rosato wine. yep, i got it!! 3 of our archery buds went to billings this past weekend and brought back some for us. i told curtis i'm going to "earn" mine each time before i have a glass. i did 4 pts worth of and had 4 pts of wine today. it's hard to explain, but i think i enjoyed it more because i'd "paid" for it. does that make sense?

congratulations on losing that pound. i am very very happy for you. i'm hoping to see "less of you" soon. is this summer still a possibility?

gina, congrats to your girls for making all-stars. i know you're proud for them. any photos of your kitchen in the works?

good advice, lj. and you're right. we all care about coco. did you ever hear the story of the geese? how they swap being leaders? the goose that just finished leading falls back into the fold and the others flap their wings extra hard to create a draft to help carry it till it gets its energy level back up. i guess that's sort of what we do here. seems our strength comes in intervals and we depend on each other when our energy is low. i'm glad you're posting. i value your input a lot.

angela, congratulations on getting back op. what a hoot your daughter is! i love the innocense of children, don't you?

vickie! that is a good loss. nothing pathetic about it at all. and 2 losses in a row! you're doing great. now this makes me smile for sure. i have been so worried about you.

coco, did i tell you that i'm re-losing lbs i gained recently? before we left texas for montana last dec, i weighed 163. last fri at wi i weighed 172.2. i guess the main thing we have going for us is that we don't give up. we have our ups and downs. we have our "easy to control" moments and our "katie bar the door" times. but--we don't give up. i understand about getting tired of the struggle. i do that at times, too. that's how i gained back up to 176.4 in just a few weeks. oh, well, what else do we have to do other than just keep plodding along. we're taking the scenic route but we'll get to goal eventually.

it's late. i need to get off here. ya'll have a good evening. i'll be back tomorrow. hopefully, i won't be too bossy. can't help it. i'm a retired teacher. guess it comes with the territory.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 310/237/180

Height: 5'9"

Good morning ladies
I had a bad day yesterday but I am picking up and moving on . Stress gets to me and I have made a list of what I can do instead of eat I will work on this and get it under control.
I do see a small loss on the scale still and I do not weigh in till Saturday .

I willpost a pick of my Kitchen and dining room soon . My computer crashed and I reinstalled it back to factory but still have not had time to install my photo and printer drives yet . Soon though I promise

Last nights game . We lost by 2 . It was a tight game and very exciting .

Today I have a planned menu and willbring food with me . I am taking my DH for outpatient surgery . He is a cancer survivor So plan ahead and bring a book . That should work to keep me on plan.

I adopted 2 dogs this week I am getting DoLittle today He is a 1 1/2 year old border collie mix with flat haired retriever. He is all black and just darling!
The other pup is a 1 year old boxer mix with lab . His name is Goofy and he is a silly dog fopr sure I will have 4 dogs now. I endedup going for dog food . seen th dogs and fell in love with them . I already have a 7 year old Golden Retriever ( MAX) and a 1 year old Chihuahua ( Chico) . So I have plenty of pups to walk ! lol
I will also post pics of them .
Ok done with my novel and will update later .
Have a wonderful day ladies!
Ginas going 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:46 AM   #10  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wow Gina - good luck with the new additions to the family - bet those pups will keep you busy and moving!

Sandra - good job on 'earning' the wine! I bet it was supremely delicious.

Coco - hang in there - at least you are aware there is a problem and trying to do something about it. I am in the same boat with you - so we are paddling (upstream?) together!

Vickie - congrats on another fabulous loss! You are obviously doing something right - despite being so stressed. I'm sure the exercise is helping both physically and psychologically.

Angela - good for you for doing that tae-bo tape - I'm sure it will help keep you motivated. Jealous of your garden already - don't think I can put any veggies in for a while - needs to warm up at night.

Well I did not eat well this weekend - at least yesterday I was a bit more in control and being back at work today is helpful. I feel bloated and gassy tho so I dared not step on the scale this morning.

Today is a new day right?

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:58 AM   #11  

Morning all:

Like Sandra, I put on weight over the winter and am losing again the same pounds I have lost at least three times in earlier years. But, this year, I declared that THIS is THE year. I am aiming to maintain this one pound a week approach, and if (NO, not "if", "when") I do that, I'll reward myself each month with a small gift to myself. Then at Christmas, I'll given myself something really special. I still thinking what that might be. A new wardrobe sounds good.

That will be like "earning" the wine, as Sandra pointed out.

Gina, I'm looking forward to the pictures. In Toronto, there is a 3 dog limit in any one household. Are you in a city, or do you have more space for them? I hope things continue to go well for your husband. Sorry you lost your game, but that's great that you have some players in the All-Stars. I really admire all you parents who give to your kids and others' kids. It takes a lot of energy and time, but it pays off.

Angela, thanks for the x-rated movie review

Have a great day everyone. I'm off to the office.

Rhonda
Old 05-22-2007, 03:43 PM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Afternoon Chicks.

Jim's appointment was good but not great. There's no sore/growth on the tongue like before but Doc feels an enlarged gland....saliva or lymph....and he wants Jim to go for a CT with infusion just to be ultra sure. He doesn't think there is a problem but wants to be extra cautious. Jim has to be on antibiotics for 10 days first and then the scan, just in case it's some other type of infection.

We are exhausted. I'm not cooking tonight and I'm picking the place we go to eat. I'm wanting non-Core foods but I haven't decided yet for sure. I did 22 minutes on the treadmill today.

I hope you are all well.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:56 PM   #13  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Vickie - glad you finally got to the dr and got some news - sounds like your dr is covering all the angles which is a very good thing! Hopefully it's just an infection and the antibiotics will take care of it! Good luck with the scan.

Definitely no cooking for you tonight young lady - both of you deserve a nice meal in one of your favorite restaurants.

Congrats on the 22 mins on the treadmill - good for you!

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:42 PM   #14  

Hi Everyone
Not much happening here.
Went and got our hair cut this morn. Then went and got some chicken that was on sale. Also picked up some for my Mom. Took hers to her. Then came home. And did nothing. Made a pizza for son. And of course I ate some. Figuring around 6 pts a piece.
VICKIE Good job with the treadmill. I need to get on the gazelle. But just havent made myself. Understand about the DR's. So go and enjoy a good meal.
ONTARGET You know the WW meeting yesterday was a little bit about taking the senic route or not. I know that even if you plan a trip to the T. There is always something to make a detour. I guess that is what I am doing now. Taking a detour. And I hope I soon get off of it.
TEJAS How are you doing. Again thanks for your talks.
GINAS Congrats on the new additions. We have 2 dogs. And they are just like the family.
FROUFY How are you doing. Thinking of you.
L.J How are you.
BLESSEDWITHSARAH How are you doing.
AGHIOWA Hows the tae bo going.
Well ladies I am going to get off here for now.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:09 PM   #15  

Hi All:

Vickie, I'm with Froufy...go out and have a good time. You must be really tired from the anxiety. We've all got all of our fingers crossed.

I had a hamburger tonight. Just could not resist that bun But, the rest of the day was very good. Nothing much happening, thank goodness.

Oh, well there was a conflict between one of my neighbors and some "toughs" on the street. It actually got physical and then 3 unmarked police cars showed up. They had been watching these "toughs" and moved in on them. Let's hope that's the end of it, but it probably won't be!

BBL,
Rhonda