Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 04-11-2007, 07:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Default Fat Arms! Soft and Squishy!

Hi all!

I am sorry if this question has been asked before. I have fat (large) arms. I am currently trying to slim down. I am very concerned with the triceps. Is there a specific exercise I can do that will target that fat that hangs over the elbow?? I am embarrassed to wear short sleeves.

Also, if I do a consistent workout, how long does it normally take to see some results?

Thanks all!!!!
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You can't do anything to get rid of the fat on your arms other than to burn it off by exercise and proper diet. You can build up the muscle underneath though so that they will have a nice shape once the fat disappears. Building muscle also increases your metabolism so you burn more fat.

Here is a set of tricep exercises that you can do:
http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightl...mpletricep.htm

I also have fat arms. At one point, my upper arms measured 20 inches, now they are down to 14 inches. I can feel the muscle underneath but I can't see it as of yet.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Default Thank you Thank you

Nelie,

Thanks so much for your response! I went to the link and I will incorporate some of those exercises into my toning routine tomorrow. Thanks again!!

Last edited by RoyalAthena; 04-11-2007 at 08:42 PM. Reason: spelling error...
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote