Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 08:24 PM   #1  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Default Fabulous 40s #88

Repost from # 87:

Zoe, you are in my prayers. Take care of yourself.

Essie, I too had the munchies all day. I made the mistake of having a WW ice cream sandwich. No more sweets for me. One bite and I am gone for the day.

I hope all are doing well.
Old 11-09-2001, 12:46 AM   #2  

Thank goodness Zoe,
I was worried about you. Please do everything that Dr. tells you now. I worry about heart too cause of my parents. My mom had a heart attack in 93' but it was due, mainly to diptheria when she was young and my dad has cardiomyopathy (enlargening of the heart) and he contracted it from a virus that went to his heart. So I am not sure if there is heart disease in the genes. I am making sure just in case.
Take care friend!!!!!

I did most of the Christmas Shopping already. I have a few things to get. I hate waiting until the last minute.

Ruth,
That is a great plan. Keep us posted.

Es,
Hope tomorrow is a better day for you. I am so glad that sweets don't affect me that way. I would have a much harder time.
If I feel deprived at all I want to pitch everything. You guys have helped me so much. And we are here to help you.
You too Myra. That is a good idea to just stay away from sweets if you have to. Good luck!

BYE Everybody!

Terri
Old 11-09-2001, 05:47 AM   #3  

Angry

Hello My Buds

Zoe, so happy to hear you're alright. Something like that happened to me a few yrs. ago & the Dr. said it was anxiety. When you feel stressed out start praying immediately. Don't let the enemy get the best of you. You know the power of prayer

Today will be a better day. I have to be strong. Have to have WILLPOWER, MOTIVATION, POSITIVE THINKING! Like Ruth said, I will win this war!!!

Terri almost finished with your Christmas shopping. Wow! I made up my mind last year that I wasn't going to wait till the last minute. I really can't deal with the crowds.

Myra, I should eliminate sweets all together. That's probably my problem - once I start forget about it, can't stop! Pete took the day off today. I will be hanging out with both my men so there's going to be temptation. They always want to eat out. If I do I'll make healthy choices.

Well, gotta get ready to take my car in for maintenance then this afternoon have a Drs. appt. to find out my cholesterol results.

Have a great day everybody.

Love,
Es
Old 11-09-2001, 05:56 AM   #4  
Lifetimer

Essie, Kenny's off today too. Same type of temptation. But with the money problems we've been going through we might just hang out here. Eating out's tough. Good luck! Have fun! Enjoy each other.
Old 11-09-2001, 08:27 AM   #5  

Good morning ladies, TGIF!!!!! I hope everyone has a good weekend. I have three test next week, so my nose will be in the books all weekend. The effort that I have put into school is what helped me get back on track. If I can be consistent and motivated to study, then by God, I can find the WILLPOWER to conquer the "food demons". LOL

Well I don't know how much I weigh, but in the 4 days that I've been op, my waist has gone from 42 inches to 39 inches, and my abdomen has gone from 44 1/2 inches to 42 inches. That is amazing. I kept redoing the tape measure thinking that I was doing something wrong.

Zoe, glad you are okay. My fathers side of the family is loaded with heart problems. One of his brothers died before 50, and a sister and a brother died in their early 50's. My dad had his heart attack at age 62. You'd think I'd look like a stick with those concerns!!LOL Just doesn't work out that way.

Stress can be terrible. A few years ago my husband broke out in hives. I had never seen that happen before. He really was stressed with his job, and one day on the way home he almost had a wreck. Well, by the time he made it to the house he was itching all over. The brain can do amazing things. Even when we think we have everything under control, the brain and body let us know different.

Terri, I've done some Christmas shopping done, but not near enough. I always say that I'm going to start early but never do. So this year, I'm doing a little at a time. Before December gets here I should be done.

Well ladies, I guess I will get on the threadmill for a little while, then I have to jump in the shower and go to work. Well it really isn't work. My friends husband died in June, he owned a paint and body shop and she has kept the business open for now. Her regular secretary is at school three mornings a week. I go in to answer the phone those mornings. I do it for free, the business is just paying its own expenses for now. I imagine she will sell it in time since she works full time for the school board.

Well I better go, talk to you girls later.

Ruth
Old 11-09-2001, 12:22 PM   #6  

That is sweet of you Ruth. My ex- SIL' s husband died at age 45 in April and she was lost as what to do with their business. It does help to have great friends. Good luck.
Keep that heart in good condition girl. Good kob on jumping on the treadmill. Congrats on the inches lost. That is wonderful!
The gif at the bottom is for you!

Es,
Good luck with your cholesterol. Let us know.

Well I just got back from the gym. I love it! I love to just do weights and then the elliptical trainer and treadmill. On the weekends I can get on my treadmill and bowflex and I don't feel guilty about not going. I go on Mon. Wed. and Fri.
I really am enjoying it. Bruce said he is going to change his name to Jim.

TTYL
Terri
Old 11-09-2001, 08:18 PM   #7  

So aggravating I just posted a long post & it never came thru!

Ruth, that's wonderful. I know lots of people that rather measue themselves than get on the scale. Terri picked the perfect attachment for you.

Myra, we went out for breakfast. I had a western omlet with hash browns & whole wheat toast. Tomorrow I will eat at my low range.

Terri, that elliptical trainer is really something. Pete loves it. I love the treadmill. I'm glad you like going to the gym. It's so good for you. My cholesterol is coming down. From 320 it's down to 224! The good one is high & my Dr. is very happy about that. She gets happier than I do I have to go back in 3 mths. By then it should be normal. I gotta work hard!

Well, let me sign off. Have to get up early to go to the gym.

Till tomorrow

Love,
Es
Old 11-09-2001, 10:48 PM   #8  

I am so happy for you Essie! 224 is getting there. The good cholesterol is high! YAY!
I am really starting to like the elliptical trainer. At first it was like
stand in front of it with fingers in the shape of a cross. Now I am actually looking forward to going on it. I am advancing on it everytime either in intensity or length. I love the treadmill the best though. I always get on while the View is on because I can't get off until it is over or I will miss it.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Terri
Old 11-10-2001, 05:13 AM   #9  
Lifetimer

It really is an incredible workout, isn't it, Terri? When I started I struggled with level 1, now I am doing 30 min. at level 6. It is my fav cardio machine. But I still like classes much better.
Old 11-10-2001, 09:41 AM   #10  

WOW!!! What a woman! level 6!!!!! I am just maikng level 3.
You are set for life loving all of this exercise. I can't believe I am starting to love it. Let's go!!!!!

Well,
I reached GOAL today!!!!! The ww one anyway. Not my personal
goal which is 10 more pounds. But I will start going back once a month now to the meetings.
Brandon lost 1 of the 2 he gained.
Britts isn't up yet.
Terri
Old 11-10-2001, 10:13 AM   #11  

Morning ladies,

Terri, Congratulations on making goal. That is wonderful. It is so encouraging for the rest of us who are just starting out or halfway there.

What is an elliptical trainer? Do most gyms have them? I wonder if the gym at school will have one. I guess I better check it out next semester. I love my threadmill. The only thing is that Im having some lower back problems and I have been taking it easy. I only stay on it 15 to 25 minutes at a time and I'm only walking at 2.5 or a little higher. When I had lost my weight before, I was walking at 3.5 and staying on it for an hour at a time. Oh well, with perserverance I will get there again.

Es, that is wonderful. Mine as been borderline for a few years now. It is around the 207 range. However, the tricylcerides are up in the 400's. I think the number on them is suppose to be lower than 100. Maybe now that I have started eating better I can get it back down.

Myra, great going with the exercise. I can't wait to get my endurance up. Currently I have to make a real effort to just get on the treadmill. Keep up the great work!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Ruth
Old 11-10-2001, 12:42 PM   #12  
Lifetimer

They are intense. They are sort of like a stepper but your feet go in an ellipse so there is less impact injuries. Also your arms go back and forth so you are exercising your whole body. It is an incredible workout.
Old 11-11-2001, 09:48 AM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri! CONGRATULATIONS!! You continue to inspire all of us here on this thread. I'm very happy for your success.

Es, glad to hear your cholesterol has gone down so much. No wonder your dr. is happy.

Ruth, sounds like you've done well, losing the inches. Perhaps not having access to a scale is good, you're seeing positive results in other ways. Keep it up!

We've had a great week off, Joe returns to work tomorrow He is relaxed, though, which was the main point! We got some Christmas shopping done; he did some projects around the house, installing new lighting on the garage; and just in general hung out together.

We took Brandon to the circus on Friday evening...what a great time we had! He enjoyed it tremendously; his gramps was very generous, he came home with a bunch of souveniers.

The last two months have been very trying for me in terms of overeating and being off program. Jess and her family are visiting this weekend; when they go home they're taking with them all the snacks and candy that have been appearing in this house, due to Halloween, birthdays, company, etc.

Hi to Myra, Dianne, Joyce, Zoe, hope I haven't missed anyone!

GO Steelers! GO Bears!

~Jen
Old 11-11-2001, 05:50 PM   #14  

Thanks so much Jen. It feels good.
That will be nice to get rid of all the snacks. I know how it is when my family comes down once a year. The food is unbelievably different. That will be nice to rid yourself of all of it.
This Month is going incredibly fast.

How did the Bears do? "Da BEARS"
Steelers won in overtime. YEAH!!!!

Happy Veterans Day!
Terri
Old 11-11-2001, 06:18 PM   #15  

Hi Buddies

Missed all of you. I didn't get a chance to get in here at all this weekend. Busy, busy busy.

Every Sunday morning when I get up I think about how nice it would be to be able to go to WW meeting. The Sunday leader is my favorite. She's kind of loud but very motivating. Just looking at her makes you want to stick to exercising. She is so toned. Do you all remember Susan Powter? She reminds me of her. Oh well <sigh> church is more important. Today my Pastor preached on fear. It was awesome!

Terri, this month is going by very fast! Congratulations on reaching goal!! You must be on cloud nine I don't know how it feels but I will one of these days.

Jen, so nice you & Joe spent time together. Don't you love Christmas? All the stores with their decorations & Christmas carols. My favorite holiday. We're going to be off the week before Christmas. I am so looking forward to it. I know it's been hard to stay on program but we have to try real hard the next 2 - 3 months. We have to plan & journal. It's very important. We don't want that extra weight creeping up on us. I'm off tomorrow. I'm going to the store to buy what I need to make the 0 pt. soup.

Ruth, I'm sure you'll get your cholesterol down. With a little exercise here & there you'll be fine I've had this problem all my life. My body produces it, that is why it's crucial for me to keep exercising.

Hi Myra, Diane, Zoe & JaneD.

Let me go check out the WW site. Haven't been there in a while. Have a good night everybody
Closed Thread