LA Weight Loss - Six-week challenge

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Six-week challenge

hdsqrl
02-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Since some others expressed an interest in doing this as well, I thought I'd make a new thread for it so we can refer back to it whenever we need to. Here's how it works:

Week 1: Do TO for Mon & Tues. The rest of the week you just stick to plan normally. I *think* you can opt to do FF if you can't tolerate the TO.
Week 2: Have a SlimDown in place of a meal on Su, Tu, Th, and Sa. The other days, just stay OP.
Week 3: Do TO for Mon & Tues, stay OP for the rest of the week.
Week 4: Have a SlimDown in place of a meal on Su, Tu, Th, and Sa...
Week 5: Do TO for Mon & Tues...
Week 6: Have a SlimDown in place of a meal on Su, Tu, Th, and Sa...

I'm also doing the TBL challenge, and I like having one thread that we just go back and update each week with our new weights, so that's what I'll do here (in a new post.) If you want to play along, but can't start till after Monday sometime, I think it'd be okay to still start with week 1, but just have your starting days later than Mon.

For shopping purposes, you'll need to have 3 bottles of TO/FF juice (or 6 bottles of Knudsen's juice), plus three 4-packs of SlimDowns (or 12 SlimFasts/string cheeses).

:goodluck:

hdsqrl
02-25-2007, 12:52 PM
My starting weight at the COD was taken last Friday, so I'll list that weight here, then edit this post each Friday with my new weight.

Okay, here's my weight record for this!

Starting weight: 185
Friday of Week 1: 183.6 (-1.4)
Friday of Week 2: 181.8 (-1.8, -3.2 for the challenge)
Friday of Week 3: 180.6 (-1.2, -4.4 for the challenge)
Friday of Week 4: 181.2 (+.6, -3.8 for the challenge)
Friday of Week 5:
Friday of Week 6:
Monday's weight after the challenge is over:

KrispieD
02-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Hmm I'm tempted to help me get to goal but last time I tried Slimfat I gained!
I'll see about starting this a week late next Monday as we have a storm on the way and I am out of supplies.. we'll see if I can defy the laws of the world again and maybe this time I'll LOSE weight.
Keep up the great work Megan!

equinetcan
02-25-2007, 05:41 PM
I am in. However, I have to do the FF on tuesdays and wednesdays but that shouldn't make a difference. I will follow it to the letter for the next 6 weeks and see how it goes. I don't have slimdowns so I will use the slimfast or the walmart brand. I some in the fridge now so we are good to go. This might be just what I needed!!! I have printed out the plan and stuck it to my fridge!!

I will post a starting weight here tomorrow morning after I weigh in at COD.

Good luck to everyone who gives this a whirl, I am looking forward to it!!

Bikini Ready
02-25-2007, 06:06 PM
I would like to give this challenge a try! Only I have a few questions because I'm new to all this and don't have all the acronyms down... what exactly is TO and FF? You mentioned Knudsen's juice is that similar to those smoothie type juice/drinks? I get all the other slimdown/slimfast part though and I'm assuming OP mean on program... Hopefully I don't sound to silly asking!

Bikini Ready
02-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Nevermind my questions in the previous post, I did what I was supposed to and read the intro section/rules in the LAWL forum. I'm in for the challenge for sure and my starting weight is 182 so I'll post my results as we go! Good luck to everyone!

hdsqrl
02-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Hooray! I'm glad I'm not doing this on my own! :)

MomOfThreeTeens
02-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Ok guys I'm in! About 20 more pounds and I'm done. Maybe this will kick things into high gear! Good luck everybody!

pjbeau
02-25-2007, 10:39 PM
I'll jump in too. I need something to kick my body into gear, maybe this will do it. I WI on Monday mornings, so I'll post my start weight tomorrow. Good luck everyone!:goodluck:

Oh So Swish
02-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Ok so i am totally in. Maybe this will be a great kick start for me

Okay, here's my weight record for this!

Starting weight: 184
Friday of Week 1:
Friday of Week 2:
Friday of Week 3:
Friday of Week 4:
Friday of Week 5:
Friday of Week 6:

bizlawchik
02-26-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm in. I have six weeks until culinary school starts, so I am hoping to be down to 181 so that I can go on blue at the same time.

Starting weight: 195.2
Friday of Week 1:192.6
Friday of Week 2:192.4
Friday of Week 3:192.0
Friday of Week 4:194.0
Friday of Week 5:
Friday of Week 6:

hdsqrl
02-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Woohoo! I'm excited! My Day 1 is consisting of egg beaters all...day...long. *sigh* I've cut my bars up into little bitty bites so I can snack on those when I think I'm about to die. :p Veggies are a shredded lettuce salad, only cause I have limited access to a microwave today. Also dropped some green peppers into my egg beaters for breakfast. So far, so good...

bizlawchik
02-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Megan - Are you doing TO or FF?

And as for me, I didn't think this through very well yesterday. I bought my juice, and took out some fish, but forgot to cook it. So this morning I went to the store and picked up a 6oz package of Butterball chicken deli slices. I know it has sodium, but since the whole package only has 150 calories, and it's ready to go, and I won't be home for dinner tonight anyway, I'm going for it and just going to drink as much water as I can. So I have 6oz chicken slices, 2 green salads w/salad spritzer, 2 bars and my juice. And I know it's 1c of veggies, but since they increased the lettuce to 3c=1veggie I've been having around 3c of lettuce when I do TO and the extra calories haven't stopped anything. According to Fitday, 1c of shredded romaine is 7.84 calories. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the extra 28 calories won't hurt me.

I am definitely not the TO poster child this time around, but it is what it is. :)

pjbeau
02-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Okay, I did WI this morning and only went down .5lb from last week. I'm really hoping this TO moves the scale.

Starting weight: 178.0
Friday of Week 1: 177.0 (-1.0, total -1.0)
Friday of Week 2: 180.0 (+3.0, total +2.0)
Friday of Week 3: 178.5 (-1.5, total +0.5)
Friday of Week 4: 176.5 (-2.0, total -1.5)
Friday of Week 5: 175.5 (-1.0, total -2.5)
Friday of Week 6: 177.0 (+1.5, total -1.0)
Monday's weight after the challenge is over: 177.0

pjbeau
02-26-2007, 01:34 PM
My TO menu today is Shrimp and lettuce w/spritzer for lunch, and Tilapia and lettuce w/spritzer for dinner. Yummmm. I also cut my bars up so I could spread them out through the day.

pjbeau
02-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Hey, I just figured out that we could have called this an Easter challenge, since we will be finishing the Friday before Easter. Good luck everyone. :goodscale

hdsqrl
02-26-2007, 01:40 PM
:flow1: Good idea, Paula!! :flow1:

Cassi, I'm doing TO. The "all day" comment about the egg beaters is just that I'm having them for B, L, and D. *sigh* I'm going to turn into a chicken before nightfall.

Hey, just a note: I'd already mentioned that I cut up the bars...well, I put all 16 pieces (each bar is cut into 8 pieces) into a ziiplock, and every hour on the hour, I'm eating ONE piece. Surprisingly, I'm not dead yet from hunger.

:woohoo: I hope I can keep this up!

Mama Nicole
02-26-2007, 02:12 PM
ok, i am in........i am doing FF, cuz I can't do bars. I totally sucked this weekend, and I saw a gain on my HS, but whatever, I am over it. Thanks Megan, for this idea. I may go to GNC and see if I can find a high protein product that is not soy based. I think I can figure something out. I am eating marinated salad right now, and it is pretty yummy. My BNWI this a.m. was 191.4. I am not proud......LOL. So, good luck everyone!!!!
Week 1: 191.4
Week 2: 187.4
Week 3: 188.0
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:
XOXO

equinetcan
02-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Hey all,

I will be doing FF tomorrow and wednesday as I had to go out today and buy the goods for it and for my POP days I'll be having for the next 6 weeks!! I even told my COD today that I was doing an online challenge for 6 weeks and she was all for it. I really like the girl I had today. She is actually doing the LAWL so it is easier to tslk to her. She is a little over 1/2 way to goal now.

My starting weight per COD this am is 236.5. So here we go!!!

My FF will be with oranges, my protein for tomorrow will be chicken I cook up tonight and spinach salad.

My goal is to lose between 10 and 15 lbs

Starting weight: 236.5
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:

pjbeau
02-26-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm going to set my goal at 12lbs. Loosing 2lb per week is actually more than what I have been averaging, but I need a good goal to strive for.

hdsqrl
02-26-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm shooting for the same goal, Paula. I'm into my 11th week of LAWL so far and am down only 15 pounds. *shakes her fist at the sclae* It should be 22 pounds!! :p

Welcome to the challange, Alannah! I'm thinking I might do chicken tomorrow, too. Or maybe shrimp. I have a whole bag of cooked shrimp in the freezer...it'd be easy to just thaw those out and snack on them during the day.

Nicole, please let us know if GNC has anything good...I love having options! :)

Chick With Stix
02-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Ok I'm all in...I'll have a WI tomorrow AM and I'll begin TO tomorrow. I'm going to use oranges since I don't have time to order juice and I can't find the Knudsen juice. I'll post my starting weight tomorrow. I'm shooting for 15 lbs. We can do it everyone!

hdsqrl
02-26-2007, 04:03 PM
w00t!

:carrot:

Maria33
02-26-2007, 05:14 PM
This may be a stupid question... but is the point of this 6 week challenge to get you over a slump of slow weight loss, or is it supposed to really help you lose a "ton of weight" in a short period of time. Is this a challenge that is done or suggested by the program, or something one of the members created as a weight loss booster?? Please let me know..I have currently fallen off the wagon (ie. February was a bust) and I'm looking for something to really help me get back on and pronto.

Again, I apologize for the ignorant question.
Thanks,
Maria

By the way, cute profile picture Megan - your boyfriend/hubby? is super cute. I remember taking cute pics like this with my hub, then we had children...enough said.:D

bizlawchik
02-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Maria - This challenge came from Megan's COD. She shared some of the details and we jumped on it from there. I don't think it's to get you over a slump or lose a ton of weight. Megan's COD is actually doing it as an official contest with a prize.

We're doing it here is as just a way of keeping our focus with an interim goal. It sounds like it might be the thing to help you too. Welcome, I hope you decide to join us.

Maria33
02-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks Cassi.

Count me in on this "Easter" Challenge too - I'm going to start tomorrow so that I can pick up my supplies! My goal is going to be 15 pounds - hopefully that isn't too optimistic.

hdsqrl
02-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Yay! Welcome, Maria! and thanks for the kudos about my sweetie - I think he's super-cute, too! ;)

pjbeau
02-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Quick question, just so I don't mess up right from the start. When we replace a meal with a Slimdown/Slimfast, is that just replacing 1P and 1S?

KrispieD
02-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Hi everyone
Despite the fact I gained on my last Slimfat challenge I'm going to jump on board after the Smarties took control of me on Saturday. My little one is down with some kind of stomach bug (read she yakked all over her school today) so I'll be home with her tomorrow and for a rare occasion don't have cantelope or oranges at home. But next week I'll be in on the shakes and TO thereafter.. let's see those tickers MOVE!!

Chick With Stix
02-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Paula,

The Slimdown replaces 1P, 1S and you get the rest of your servings in like normal.

Hope that helps!

pjbeau
02-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks, Erica. I'm determined to do this right.

Joni135
02-26-2007, 09:21 PM
I just suck lately, so I'm not in this challenge...

Bikini Ready
02-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Today I just did my normal 1500 calories, but I did get to Henry's to buy the juice and stuff I need to do TO tomorrow and Wednesday. Hope you all did well today! (PS thanks for the info Megan)

Barb316
02-26-2007, 11:29 PM
I am in. I am counting calories right now but I will do TO anyway and then go forward with the challenge. I did not weigh myself Friday. I will weigh myself this week though and post it.

WE CAN DO THIS!

equinetcan
02-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Good morning!

First day of FF for me. Just finished my first orange of the day. Got them ready last night so they are already peeled and ready to go for the day. Protein is going to be chicken breast and veggies will be spinach and other assorted greens.

Just thought I'd touch base before the day started.

I'll be back later!

hdsqrl
02-27-2007, 09:23 AM
I stayed POP yesterday - no small feat! Today I'm giving shrimp a whirl, but it's pre-cooked and frozen, so I dunno how great it'll be. But...it's one day, right? And then tomorrow's a normal day again. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this!

katiebug77
02-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Megan - I am in too! I started my challenge today, so day 1 of TO for me! This is exactly what I need. I am leaving for my wedding/honeymoon in 7 1/2 weeks, so this should keep me on track until then :) Good luck girls!!!!

pjbeau
02-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Megan - I eat the pre-cooked frozen shrimp often. I usually saute' them with some spices just enough to heat it.

Today I'm eatting more lettuce w/spritzer, chicken for lunch, then fish for dinner. Cutting up my lites yesterday really helped, so I did that again.

Today WILL be another POP day! I think I can...I think I can...

hdsqrl
02-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I've been working on this bag of precooked shrimp for awhile, but I'm at work today and have no way to saute them...*sad*

So I'm letting them thaw out and will try to eat them that way. May heat them...we'll see. It was hard to choke them down for breakfast - hopefully it'll be easier to eat them for lunch. :)

Tonight is definitely chicken, though. ;)

Neese
02-27-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm very new here - but this looks like what i need to kick myself into getting back into the program! I'll have to start tomorrow as i need to find some juice!

Good luck everyone!

bizlawchik
02-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Welcome Neese! Glad you found our board.

hdsqrl
02-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Hooray, Neese!

Note: the shrimp have all been eaten. Nuked 'em for about 50 seconds with some broccoli and then distracted myself as I ate them, so I wouldn't think about how much better they'd be with butter and garlic. :p

katiebug77
02-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Day one of TO going well so far.... Megan, I am using your idea of cutting up the bars to make them last longer.

hdsqrl
02-27-2007, 03:19 PM
It really works, doesn't it? Who knew??

Mama Nicole
02-27-2007, 04:22 PM
I was POP yesterday.....whooohoooo. So far today, so good. I want my ticker to MOOOOOOOVE!!!

hdsqrl
02-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Good job, Nicole!!! :D Did you check the sclae this morning? I was already down 2 pounds. :eek: Unreal. I realize that's temporary, but it tells me that the number I saw this morning will soon become an official weight! Yippee!!

bizlawchik
02-27-2007, 04:45 PM
I checked the scale! (sorry, sclae!) I always check after the first day of TO because seeing the sclae move helps get me through the second day of torture.

hdsqrl
02-27-2007, 05:00 PM
...AND? What'd it say, Cassi? :D

bizlawchik
02-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Oh... 190.2. Yesterday my home sclae wouldn't give me 3 straight weights in a row so I don't know what it is 100%, but it's usually 1.6-1.8 below the COD sclae and that weighed me in at 195.2 (YIKES) yesterday, so I would guess the home sclae was around 193.6 or so.

But here's something really cool regardless of what the COD sclae says. My highest weight on my home sclae right before joining LAWL was 260. (It was digital, but not with decimals.) So my weight this morning was 190.2. That's actually 70lbs I've lost total.

I keep reminding myself of that as I sit here trying not to eat my second lite yet. Can't wait for food tomorrow!!!

hdsqrl
02-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Cut that lite into little bits, Cassi...then you can snack on it over the next couple of hours. :)

My BNWI this morning was 181.5, which made me way happy. The lowest I've been at the COD is 185, so hopefully by Friday I'll be below that there!

bizlawchik
02-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Stay strong, Megan. You can do this! You are 1/4 of the way to your goal.

Mama Nicole
02-27-2007, 05:44 PM
I always get on that evil sclae the second morning of TO also.........for the same reasons you girls do......and yeah, mine was down from 190.4 to 189.2.........so I was happy. Now, I just have to behave for the rest of the night....and that will be kind of tough, as DH will not be home until late......and it is payday........and I want to pick dinner up.......and.......lol

Mama Nicole
02-27-2007, 05:45 PM
70 lbs..........holy crap, Cassi. Congratulations. xo

bizlawchik
02-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Thanks, Nicole. But it's not really official until the COD says it's so. (A little deferred gratification to get me through)

Mama Nicole
02-27-2007, 05:51 PM
I know, I know.......we do what we have to do :)

pjbeau
02-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Well, I don't know what is going on with me. I was POP yesterday. Got on the sclae this morning and no loss. It's crazy. I'm choosing to blame it on the TOM, my second one this month by the way. My dr. wants to check my hormone levels, so she took me off my pills for two weeks. Even though I had just finished a TOM a week before, I get another one. Lucky me!

Hopefully, by the end of the week I will see some change.

Mama Nicole
02-27-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm sure it's just stupid old TOM. That does suck to get it twice in one month. I am looking forward to the fertile time of my life to pass. BTW, I went and saw the musical, Menopause, a couple of weeks ago. Everyone on this board should to see it. It was spectacular, and sooooo funny. Just think how kind your stupid piece of crap sclae will be next week when TOM goes home :)

hdsqrl
02-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Stick to the plan, Paula! You can beat that old sclae!!! :D

pjbeau
02-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the support!

Nicole - I told the Dr. that I am way past having babies (my kids are 17 & 22), so I had no problem with her getting rid of the TOM for me. A friend of mine had an Endometrial Ablation (http://women.webmd.com/Women-Medical-Reference/Endometrial-ablation-16200), but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.

Chick With Stix
02-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Ok since I've been really sick I opped out of doing TO today and tomorrow. I figured I need food to help me get my strength back. So I took my starting weight this morning, I'll stay POP this week and starting next Sunday I'll start with shakes and continue with the challenge from there. Therefore I probably won't be down too much by Friday...we'll see.

Nicole: I saw that musical with my mom who is going through menopause. It was hiliarious!

Cassi: Congrats on your 70 lbs! I lost 70lbs my first time around with LAWL, feels great doesn't it!

Paula: You're doing great, hang in there!

Megan: You're off to a great start already...keep up the great work!

Chick With Stix
02-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Here's the post I'll be editing with my weigh-ins during the challenge:

Starting Weight: 178.2 lbs
Friday of Week 1: 177.4 lbs
Friday of Week 2: 176.6 lbs
Friday of Week 3: 174.4 lbs
Friday of Week 4:
Friday of Week 5:
Friday of Week 6:
Monday after Challenge is Over:

Bikini Ready
02-27-2007, 08:58 PM
So today was my first TO day ever! It wasn't too bad I was starving after the gym but went strait to work so eating something extra wasn't a choice. I just had some chicken and green beans for dinner and it was very tasty. Now I get to jump on the scale in the morning and hopefully see a pound or two loss like some of you did yesterday!

hdsqrl
02-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Get well soon, Erika! The nasty bug has made its way around our house as well, and this morning I think it's trying to get into me, too. *stomps her foot* NO! I will NOT get sick!!! :p

How'd the "sclae" reading go this morning, Melissa? My fingers are crossed that it gave you happy news!

My BNWI this morning was 180 - :woohoo: Now to keep it from going back up!!

bizlawchik
02-28-2007, 09:39 AM
So DH and the kids had pizza last night while I'm having my 2nd day of TO dinner. Boy, that sucked! I caved and had one bite of the pizza because he tried a new place. It was good, but I'm so glad I stopped after the one bite. My scale was all over the place this morning, so I will just get a surprise at WI today at noon, I guess. I think the battery is OK, it's about 10 months old, but the scale was also moved around the other day when I majorly SCRUBBED my bathroom, and then washed down the scale so I will give it another couple of days to even out and then I'll revisit the battery idea. Anyone know how to tell if it needs a new battery other than it not working altogether? I have a WW scale that's white w/silver feet pads to do your BMI if anyone has the same one.

katiebug77
02-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Way to go on your loss Megan!!! Cassi, not sure about the scales. I would try the batteries idea, less expensive than buying a new one. OK guys, so I am on day 2 of TO. I did great yesterday, although I can say that I can go quite awhile without eating egg beaters again. A little sick of them after yesterday.

Mama Nicole
02-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Cassi.......I fed my people pizza last night too.......and it sucked bad. I was good.......I ate some beef roast that was left over.........and then when DH got home at 8:00 pm he stopped and picked me up a salad just because sometimes it's better when you don't have to make it, you know? I have a WW scale as well, and it is white, but it has no feet thingies. I think I paid like 29 bucks for mine at Walmart. It was almost the cheapest one, but not quite.....it is about 3 months old, and it ALWAYS gives me the same readings in a row. K, baby is hungry, so have to run
XOXO

Bikini Ready
02-28-2007, 11:11 AM
So today is my second day of TO, yesterday wasn't bad but I was starving this morning. I'm sticking to this thing so all I had was some chicken and juice. I was down one pound from the last time I weighed but like you all were saying now the hard part is to keep it down! Wish me luck today and I hope you all have a great day as well!

bizlawchik
02-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Here's some :dust: to keep you going today! You can do this.

pjbeau
02-28-2007, 12:46 PM
Hang on Melissa and Katie, you can do it.

I was actually POP for my whole TO. Big success for me. This morning the sclae showed a 1.5lb loss, which is good for me. Just gotta hold it steady and keep it off.

Everybody have a great POP day!

MomOfThreeTeens
02-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Katie, after getting completely sick to death of Egg Beaters I decided the next time I did TO I was going to use Egg Whites, just boiled the eggs, cut them in half and threw the yolk away. MUCH easier for me to eat eggwhites than it was to stomach more eggbeaters!

Mama Nicole
02-28-2007, 02:03 PM
I always use real eggs cuz I am too cheap to buy egg beaters. I have never even tried them........I would have to buy a lot of them, cuz I rarely cook anything for fewer than 4. It's insane.............the groceries..........

Mama Nicole
02-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Hey Cassi.......my COD switched me to purple a few weeks ago......and for a spell, I was still eating an extra 1/2 protein, cuz I just felt like I needed it. Today, I am trying to do just the 2 proteins, but I was trying to remember what the weight cut offs are..........without lites.........I am pretty sure it's purple for 180 something.....just can't remember what that something is. Do you remember off hand? I know you do.......what I really need to be asking, is do you have time to post right now :) Thanks girlie

Kristen............good to see you........sooo sorry about your sick baby. That just sucks. Did you ever find out anything more about whey protein? I think I am going to brave GNC and see if I can't find some whey protein to use instead of slimfast, since I can't do soy.

Can anyone give me the credentials on a slimfast high protein shake? I only need the calories, fat grams, and protein grams. Thanks everyone :)
XOXO

katiebug77
02-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the tip on the egg whites Deb!!

Nicole - Here is the breakdown for Slimfast is 190 cal/5 grams fat/ 15 grams protein!!!

bizlawchik
02-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Nicole - I was told I was moving from purple to gold at 181. But remember I am only 5'1.5. Actually, they think I'm 5'3 'cause that's what I thought I was when I started, so it may be different for you tall girls.

hdsqrl
02-28-2007, 03:28 PM
The told me that I'd move from purple to Gold when I hit 187, and then another counselor said it'd be when I hit 181. But when I was around 191, I just stuck for a couple of weeks, so they moved me then (at 191.) Go figure.

MomOfThreeTeens
02-28-2007, 03:42 PM
I was moved to Gold at 181. Guess every center is a lil different.

pjbeau
02-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Must be, last time on LAWL (when I used a COD), I was started on Gold at 189.

bizlawchik
02-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Paula - You're 5'8 so I think that's a consideration as well. And I think I was told they have a 4lb leeway as to when to move you. I think it was something like that anyway. But I remember being really slow on the scale movement for about 4 weeks around 225 and they wouldn't move me because I was still over whatever the leeway was to move me.

Mama Nicole
02-28-2007, 04:05 PM
I have been trying purple today (which would be gold if i did lites)...........hmmmmmm, I think I might have to do red still (which would be purple if I did lites). I feel like I am starving today. It is TOM, so I dont know if that has anything to do with it. Also, I have not had a true POP day in long long time. Did any of you feel the crunch when you went down a plan? My HSBNWI today was 188.6.......so I am right on the border. I really don't know if height has anything to do with it or not. I really don't want to go to my COD today..............hmmmm, well, I'll hold off having another snack for a few to see what ya'll think. If it is just an adjustment, I can tough it out. I just am not sure what to do.

pjbeau
02-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Yeah, that's one good thing about being tall, we can carry of a little more weight without showing it. Like, your goal of 120, I cannot imagine getting to 120. I'd be a stick. I'll be happy with 155ish, I was very comfortable at that weight a few years back.

bizlawchik
02-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Nicole - Yeah, there is a bit of a learning curve with the new plan. I missed the extra S and 1/2P so much at first. That's why I'm actually looking forward to going on blue. Even if the protein sizes are smaller, I get 3S!

Paula - Haven't seen 120 since I was a kid, but I remember being 133 and thinking that I wanted to lose another 10-15. Plus, I'm short. So I might as well go for it.

Mama Nicole
02-28-2007, 04:41 PM
well, i just put myself back on red. and let me tell you.......that bowl of shredded wheat sure made me feel better. if i do not lose this week, i will try purple again....but it seems like ever since they switched me, i have really struggled, and have not had a good loss. we'll see what happens. :)
XOXO

Chick With Stix
02-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Megan: Thanks for the wellness wishes. I hope you don't catch it because its made me pretty weak. I'm attempting the gym today but I think I'm only going to do my cardio for 15-20 minutes to try and build myself back up slowly. I usually do 30 minutes. Anywhoo...

I just called the LA at Home number to find out about when I would be dropped to the next plan (which is Gold for me). They said that I'm supposed to drop when I lost 2 more lbs (which is 176 for me), but they're going ahead and sending me a new book now and I'll start on the Gold plan tomorrow.

Sorry I'm just rambling on and on...I hope everyone's sclaes are moving down and down! I'm looking forward to seeing the weigh-ins on Friday!

bizlawchik
02-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Nicole - I think Katie's COD had her on red w/o lites for a long time. I think she said they told her she could stay on it as long as she was losing. Maybe she'll check in and verify this.

Erika - WTG on being moved down a plan. Even if it's less food, it means you're losing weight.

equinetcan
02-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the late posting today but we were very busy at work where it is the end of the month and I had to go on the phone for a bit. Only took 2 calls so I am not sure why I was on the phone but it is not for me to question why!!!

Second day of FF is almost over. I didn't see a change the last time I did this weight wise and I don't this time so far either, but for me it is more of a personal thing to know I did it.

So, supper is in the oven (haddock) and I am having some broccoli with it.

Now I just have to go get some slimfast shakes at Walmart for next week. Maybe I'll be lucky and they will be on sale too (Not!!)

Sickness is rapidly spreading throughout work so I hope I don't get it. I had the flu shot so it better work for me!!!

I'll be back after supper!!

Bikini Ready
02-28-2007, 09:20 PM
I succeeded in finishing two TO days! Tonight for dinner I might have cheated a little, my mom made chicken veggie soup (it's very healthy) and I was supposed to eat the lean meat and veggies but there was a little chicken broth as well, not perfectly on plan but close, I'm still proud of myself!

bizlawchik
02-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Melissa - Chicken broth is a condiment, and I've had it a time or two on TO myself. You did great. Here's to real food tomorrow! :hat:

Bikini Ready
02-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Thanks Cassi! And I agree yay for normal eating tomorrow!

jackster
02-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Hi! I just got my first delivery of LAWL today and can't wait to start! Last week I started dieting and bringing my lunches to work to get used to this program, so I've gotten a bit of a head start on the weight loss. Im doing the TO tomorrow and friday and then will be POP from here on out! Ive never been skinny but I'm moving from Chicago to California in a few months and really need a fresh start (plus a swim-suit ready body!).

Wish me luck!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wCMh9EA/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCMh9EA/)

bizlawchik
03-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Good luck and welcome! Join us in the losers and friends column for our everyday chatter!

Kimphin
03-01-2007, 10:30 AM
OK, so I've missed out on one week of this challenge, but I'm in too. I start TO tomorrow - gotta get back to pre-vaca weight.

katiebug77
03-01-2007, 11:20 AM
OK gusys, I made it through the 2 days of TO. Whew!!!! Here's to really food!!

Makena
03-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Hey guys,
I missed the start of this, but think I'll join in if that's okay. I was doing a TO today and tomorrow anyways....I think I may just skip to week 2. Does that sound like it would be okay or would I miss some important steps??
Last time when we did the slimfat everyday - it wasn't so good for me, but I'm thinking if there is a day btwn, I might be ok.

hdsqrl
03-01-2007, 12:19 PM
I was the same way, Rhonda...can't do the slimfats every day, or I end up falling off the wagon every night after dinner. Yes, of course, all of you, please join up! The nice thing about this is that you really can pick up in the middle without missing out on too much. The more, the merrier!

Good news for me this morning - had a day of real food yesterday and stayed POP, hooray! The sclae was the same this morning as it was yesterday, so I'm taking that as a victory, that I didn't gain back any that I'd lost during TO. We're going out of town for the weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to stick to plan even then. I'm so happy this is working for so many of us - look out summer! Here we come!!

Kimphin
03-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Rhonda - I'm jumping in late too - we can do a modified 5 week challenge

pjbeau
03-01-2007, 12:50 PM
I was POP again yesterday, I'm on a roll! I was up 1/2lb this morning, but that's okay. I haven't been getting on my treadmill like I should, so that's my next goal. I know it will help with my loss.

KrispieD
03-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Rhonda and Kim I'm starting on week 2 as well. So starting Sunday I'll be having a Slimfat(for me that's what they are called!!) on Sun/Tues/Thurs/Sat.. If I gain weight again I'll sue the company, make millions nad fly us all to Jamaica and get a really good car for Kim!
Looking forward to the challenge with two of my fav gals!

Mama Nicole
03-01-2007, 01:54 PM
hey Kristen.......what do you think about using whey protein shakes instead of slimfat? I think I am going to check in to it. I did buy 4 off brand protein bars at Walgreens the other day......but I am seriously thinking of going to GNC to get some whey protein powder.

KrispieD
03-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Mama! Wish we could hook up for a post pi** and poop party and paint the town red.. or maybe just paint it with air freshener.
I had a great product I used to use called Proteins Plus in choc, vanilla and strawberry. I used to use it for smoothies.. when I started I asked COD to give me an exchange on it and they said nope can't use it not on plan.. translation.. we don't make it and therefore can't make money off you buying it. Two weeks ago I was told they are out of the Lites that are chocolate and vanilla shakes. I had started using those for my smoothies and to try and drop to 1 bar a day. I asked COD this morning to call the dietician and ask her to give me the name of a product from GNC or to reevaluate the one I used as if they weren't going to have the Lites available I wanted something I could use in my smoothies. They are supposed to give me an answer on Saturday. I had Cassi send the same info to the LA Guru online but they said can't answer as plan may be diff in Canada.. translation we don't make it so we can't make on it... I'll update you as soon as I know from COD!! xoxo

Mama Nicole
03-01-2007, 02:12 PM
thanks hon.......you are the best. if noone gives you answers.........i'll call my COD, or go in there and make them tell me what I can use, as I am soy intolerant, and they know it :) XOXO

Makena
03-01-2007, 02:34 PM
LMAO Kristen!!! Your Pi$$ and Poop party....geez you guys always crack me up!

Kim, Kristen - we'll have fun, too

I'm a little leary of the slimfat, but I'm gonna try it starting Sunday, too. If it doesn't work for me again, I'll go to some of the protein powder that we sell at work. I just want it to be as close as possible to the original.

So true about that "we don't make it, we don't make on it" routine.

Good luck girlies!

Thanks Meagan - I'll just jump right in!

Makena
03-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Oh, by the way, I asked for an all-food plan, and they moved me up to Red until I lose 8 more pounds. I am sooo gonna enjoy that extra starch, especially while doing the Slimfats!

Kimphin
03-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Ooh - jealous! Starch, MMMMMM!

KrispieD
03-01-2007, 02:52 PM
I'll give you $25 USD for the extra starch.. let the bidding begin!

Chick With Stix
03-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Mmmm starch....

I'm stocked up on High Protein Slimfats for next week. I hope they don't make me gain weight, but I think I'll be ok since they're split up during the week. I'm so looking forward to seeing the sclae moooove...

hdsqrl
03-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Isn't it funny how we're all worried about gaining on something that's supposed to help you lose weight? Veddy interestink...

Chick With Stix
03-01-2007, 03:13 PM
LOL...that's so true. If I was doing LAWL through a center instead of online I'd just use the Slimdowns, but since it takes a week for me to get anything I order through the online store, Slimfat is easier to get.

So is oranges and cantelope for TO...Tee Hee!

pjbeau
03-01-2007, 04:17 PM
I think I've mentioned before that my DH is doing LAWL with me this time. He is not much of a breakfast person. He has been grabbing a Slimfat every morning on the way out the door for over a month now. Last week was the first time he didn't have a loss and that was because he ate bad for lunch a couple times.

Chick With Stix
03-01-2007, 05:13 PM
That makes me feel better Paula. Thanks!

I'm wingin' it here on the gold plan today. They haven't updated my homepage on LA at Home and of course its going to be a couple of days before I get my new book in the mail. I know I lost a veggie and the proteins drop about 2oz so that's what I've been doing. I had a peanut butter and jelly carb cravers sandwich for lunch and I used what it says in my purple book because I don't know if it changes for gold or not.

Anywhoo...I'm rambling and not doing any work...I appologize for my rambling.

Makena
03-01-2007, 05:46 PM
I'll give you $25 USD for the extra starch.. let the bidding begin!

Oh C'mon - you can do better than that! Do I hear $50?

pjbeau
03-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Erica - I think you're doing things right. I'm on Gold too.

equinetcan
03-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Hello,

Well another day gone and I did ok. Not perfect like I should be but close. Just waiting now for the whopper of a storm coming our way. What started as 10 cm has now increased to 25+ starting tomorrow afternoon and lasting through saturday. I am supposed to work OT on the phone on saturday afternoon but it will depend on the weather and road conditions if that happens.

Saw my furkid tonight so that was good. She is alwways so happy to see me.

Luckily I don't have to worry about sick kids as I don't have any but I do feel for those of you who do!!!

Well, must go check out the friends thread and see what everyone else is up to......

Bikini Ready
03-01-2007, 09:41 PM
It was nice to have real food again today but I almost felt guilty eating normally, that weird? I'm hungry now and my friend wants to go to sushi which is a good healthy chioce and I have no desire to over eat yay! Hope your all doing great!

Joni135
03-02-2007, 10:08 AM
I justed added my "Friday of Week 1" weight to my initial log...today is the right day, isn't it?

Mama Nicole
03-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Joni.......I think you can WI which ever day you want.......I started on Mon, so that is when I think I will officially WI, unless we are supposed to do otherwise. WOW, WTG on kicking that vaca weight in the booty!!! Keep up the good work.
XOXO

hdsqrl
03-02-2007, 10:53 AM
I didn't stay POP yesterday, but didn't get way off course, either. Unfortunately, whatever I did caused a 2 lb increase on the at home sclae. Grr! I go to the COD today, so will post my official weight when I return.

pjbeau
03-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Well, I'm pretty bummed this morning. I have been POP all week, big accomplishment, but no results. :dunno: I lost 1 lb this week. I'm glad it was a loss, but I had hoped for better results. Good thing I'm too damn stubborn to give up. I'm committed to make this work. ;)

Here is my update:
Starting weight: 178
Friday of Week 1: 177

hdsqrl
03-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah, my official loss at the COD was 1.4. I'll certainly take it, but was hoping for more as well. Let's just keep on going, though...I'm sure the loss will catch up to us soon!

Chick With Stix
03-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Well without me doing TO this week I managed to drop .8 lbs. I updated my ticker and I'm getting ready to update my post. That's actually not too bad considering my online weigh-in isn't until Sunday. So I might just drop some more before my official weigh in.

The weekend is here! (almost...) I hope everyone has a POP weekend!

Chick With Stix
03-02-2007, 02:01 PM
I agree Megan, lets keep going! I'm looking forward to Slimfats next week.

brittyboo07
03-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Well I am gald to see there are some other late starters here lol. I am doing TO today and tomorrow so I thought why not just jump on board with this. I am still going to do the six week plan however so I will just finish up a week or so behind the rest of you. So far TO has been ok I still have to drink my juice 2 more times and get 2 more bottles of water in but that should be ok. I had a nice salad for lunch with some turkey on it. I think tonight it will be chicken. I am going to work on my tickers in a few minutes.

6 Week Challenge (3-2 to 4-13)
Starting Weight: 275
Week 1:
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:
Final Weigh In:

Bikini Ready
03-02-2007, 08:08 PM
So today did not do so well... I wasn't TERRIBLE but I wasn't good. I had a bunch of cookies at work for one of the kids birthdays and then went to a big lunch... Man I'm dreading the next time I weigh, I think I'll wait a few days so it's not so bad...

MomOfThreeTeens
03-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Starting weight: 177.8

Week 1: 175.2
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:

KrispieD
03-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Okay I'm the late joiner as I couldn't do TO last week but I'll be on board tomorrow with my Slimdowns and in for the rest of the ride!

Starting Weight 166.2
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:

Chick With Stix
03-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Wow Kristen you are so close to your goal. This challenge might just be all you need!

KrispieD
03-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks Erica
It's a number I haven't seen on a sclae since university! I'm a bit stunned! I've really stuck to it as much as possible and lots of times these mini challenges have really helped me stay accountable.. especially when the dang sclae tests my sanity!

Barb316
03-03-2007, 05:43 PM
I am in a week late also!

Starting Weight 155
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:

Mama Nicole
03-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Shake Breakdowns

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to re-post the shake breakdowns so everyone doesn't have to search for them!

I did look on the Slimfast site for the shake breakdowns:
Low Carb / Optima / High Protein/ LA Slimdown/Atkins Advantage
Cal 190 / 190 / 190 / 270 / 170
Fat 9 / 6 / 5 / 5 / 9
Sodium 260 / 200 / 220 / 380 / 165
Carbs 6 /25 / 24 / 36 / 5
Sugars 1 /18 / 13 / 32 / 1
Protein 20 /10 / 15 / 2 / 18

I copied this from an older post by Lea Ann...........so if anyone is replacing slimdowns they can have this info.

I am replacing mine with a combo whey protein shake powder mix I bought at Muscle Max's yesteday. Yeah, can you believe that name? LOL. I was going to go to GNC, but this place was right next to the hardware store that I stopped at.....so I figured what the heck. It is supposed to be miraculous......LOL.....I won't hold my breath :) K, must go eat pancakes now.
XOXO

Makena
03-04-2007, 11:23 AM
I am replacing mine with a combo whey protein shake powder mix I bought at Muscle Max's yesteday. Yeah, can you believe that name? LOL.

LOL, pretty soon we'll be saying Look out - here comes Muscle Mama..... :D

Oh, and thanks for the breakdowns.

Chick With Stix
03-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the breakdowns Nicole. I'm having my first Slimfat this week for lunch today.

Mama Nicole
03-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Hey ladies.......and gents.....I was just wondering....we are supposed to replace 1 protein and 1 starch with the slimdown, right?

bizlawchik
03-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Nicole - Yes, that's right. I'm also adding a rf string cheese to my Slim Fast Optima since it's 190 calories and the cheese adds 60. That's 250 which is where the Slim Downs are calorically. Plus it adds a little more calcium and protein.

Mama Nicole
03-04-2007, 05:25 PM
thanks Cassi......that's what I thought :)

hdsqrl
03-05-2007, 12:55 PM
How'd everyone do this weekend? We took a road trip, so I ended up snacking on way more starches than I should have, but I did make good decisions when we officially stopped for food. I was down .8 at the COD this morning, but am anticipating I'll see a little gain on Wednesday when I go WI again. I'm back on plan today, though, and hope to stick it out this week again! Hard to believe that I'll be doing TO again this time next week. That's crazy. :p

Kimphin
03-05-2007, 01:02 PM
I so need to grocery shop. I'm jonesing for a piece of string cheese! Oh, how far we've come!

Mama Nicole
03-05-2007, 01:13 PM
LMAO, for real Kim.......I truly enjoy a grapefruit now.........or a salad with almonds on it seems like a real indulgence. Isn't it crazy?

pjbeau
03-05-2007, 01:18 PM
I had the DS birthday cook-out on Saturday, and I ate too many starches. I got back on plan Sunday and hope to stay POP this week.

Mama Nicole
03-05-2007, 01:27 PM
It'll be all good Paula :)

MomOfThreeTeens
03-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Last night I was craving a grilled chicken cesar salad, sheesh, it used to be chocolate! LOL

Chick With Stix
03-05-2007, 03:47 PM
I had a half a burrito on Saturday, but otherwise I was POP this weekend. 15 minutes until lunch time and I can enjoy my Lean Cusine Panini and cherry tomatoes. Tomorrow it'll be another Slimfat for lunch!

brittyboo07
03-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Had a good weekend and was POP! Was POP today as well. I will have my WI tomorrow after school so i am sure it will be a gain but who knows crossing my fingers. Will probably have to wait till Saturday for the true weight!

Bikini Ready
03-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Sunday was crazy for me so I had my slimfast for breakfast (what meal do most of you replace?) today to make up for skipping. Tomorrow I will have one as well, I also have a weigh in... wish me luck!

Barb316
03-05-2007, 10:44 PM
I am late in this challenge but I am looking forward to it. I actually made out my meal plan for tomorrow so I can incorporate the slimfast tomorrow. My head seems clearer right now. Maybe this time I will do it.. Well, we can hope at least LOL

Melissa: I replace breakfast usually...

MomOfThreeTeens
03-05-2007, 10:49 PM
I usually drink mine for lunch with a piece of fruit. I must be a weird one because I dont mind the Slimfast. I might this week with TOM due for an appearance! LOL

Bikini Ready
03-05-2007, 10:56 PM
I don't really mind the slimfast either (and TOM is already here for the week), maybe I'll try it for lunch tomorrow and see what time of day I prefer to have it.

Oh and Kim I totally know what you mean about the caesar salad craving, I get them all the time! Ever had one with grilled salmon? YUMMY!

Jijinma
03-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Hi All,
I'm a week late with joining this challenge, but would like to be included. I've been doing LAWL for a while (on and off) and need something like this to get back on track.

Starting Weight: 188.4

Thanks!

MomOfThreeTeens
03-06-2007, 10:11 AM
No I havent Melissa but now I'll have to try it! Theres a restaurant here we go to and my hubby never gets anything but the salmon. So next time we go I'll give it a whirl! Have a wunnerful day!!!

Kimphin
03-06-2007, 11:13 AM
OK, so I finally went grocery shopping yesterday - I had my DH laughing because I got home and told him " honey! did you know that there is a store that has aisle and aisles of food to buy?" Between going away, and the craziness before and after, it has been 5 WEEKS since I've gone. We were down to eating ketchup and old croutons. Seriously.

So, I took care of my string cheese fix and started TO today. YAY!

bizlawchik
03-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Welcome J!

Kim - Glad to see you're back in the game. At least you won't gain too much w/ketchup and old croutons!

Melissa - I usually do the slim fast at breakfast too with a piece of fruit and then for lunch I have a starch and 2 veggies and some dairy. Today it's eggplant parmesan, but the rest of the week its Kashi, blueberries and Almond Breeze. Strange to have cereal at lunch, but it's filling and it works for me.

Mama Nicole
03-06-2007, 02:28 PM
This time, I am trying my protein shake for dinner or lunch. I am going to have mine for lunch today..........but I am leaning towards dinner for the rest of the challenge. I am going to try to plan my family's meals so that my only option is my protein shake......as theirs will not be OP. I did that on Sunday night, and it worked out quite well.

Chick With Stix
03-06-2007, 02:57 PM
I usually have my SlimFast for lunch. Since I usually bring lunch to work with me it just makes it easier for me to bring it instead of lunch. And then I have some more protein at dinner. I think I'm going to make Egg Drop Soup for dinner tonight.

Barb316
03-06-2007, 06:12 PM
I cant substitute the slimfast for Dinner. It is to hard for me.

KrispieD
03-06-2007, 06:35 PM
I had my shake for breakie this am as I was on the run.. cereal for lunch.. read your mind Cassi and taco salad for dinner. Trying to keep the starch at breakfast and dinner if I can. The clock starts ticking to see if I gain on these this time lol!

Chick With Stix
03-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Oooh Kristen, only 5 more #s to go! That must be sooo exciting.

KrispieD
03-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Erika
I haven't formally said hi yet! As you can see there are lots of names to remember but it's great to have you on board and you are doing a super job so far.. keep it up.. you're moving that ticker along!
FYI I see you like my Slimfat lingo.. the reason I call it that is the last time we did a challenge using them I gained weight when everyone else lost.. so I started calling it the Slimfat challenge.. here's hoping this time is much more rewarding on the waistline!
:)

equinetcan
03-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Hi everyone,

Sounds like most are having a pretty good day. I have been good on plan for the last 2 days so I am happy about that. Not a lot new here. It is colder than ever here for a few days again. But it is supposed to get warm enough to rain on the weekend so I can't wait. Currently it is -15C with a wind chill of -32C. Can you say BRRRRRR!!!

Saw the furkid tonight for awhile. Hopefully soon the ex will be going away for at least a day or two and I can spend a weekend there with her. It gets hard sometimes just visiting.

We are having a potential new client visit the call center tomorrow so we all have to dress our best and put on a show. I'll probably have someone sit with me to listen to some calls while I am on my phone time as I am one of the senior people there now and they try to sit them with seasoned agents - which makes sense. All I know is that we have been very busy this week on the phone. Monday for over 5 hours straight we had everyone on the phones and still had 40 calls waiting. I think everyone waited and called at once!!! That hasn't happened in a long time. Normally our wait time for customers is no more that 1 minute at peak times.

Well, I should go plan out tomorrow's meals and get my lunches ready. I am working 11 hours tomorrow so I am taking extra food with me to get me through the day. I am doing it again on friday as well. If I didn't like the pay checks so much I wouldn't do it but they do look nice when they get deposited!!!

I have found out one thing though...I despise the strawberry Slimfast!!! I like the chocolate and the vanilla but that strawberry has got to go for me. I am taking 4 cans of it to work tomorrow to pawn off on someone there!!! It was given to me as well by another friend who didn't like it eirther so I am not out anything.

TTYL!! Have a great night everybody.

Barb316
03-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Alannah: LOL I LOVE the Strawberry!

Mama Nicole
03-07-2007, 12:01 AM
Kristen.......do you have any idea how excited I am that I get to send you a, "Congratulations, you are not a fat *** anymore," card very soon. check you out........sooooo soooo sooo close:) You are the bomb, girl. I so have to get one out to Evette..........when does she leave for NYC, does anyone know?

equinetcan
03-07-2007, 09:19 AM
2 days OP and counting!!! 3 days in a row that i have actually brought my lunch with me. These are victories for me as usually I will pack a lunch a few days but then mess it up and buy a few days too.

Hope everyone has a great day!! Must get to work now...:?:

Mama Nicole
03-07-2007, 10:46 AM
WTG Alannah!!! It feels good, doesn't it? I really don't know how you girls that work outside of the house do it. Yesterday, I ran errands most of the day........and I didn't get all my food in. I didn't get any fruit in........and I LOVE fruit.......but I was just soooo busy. I guess you become a better planner when you are on the go a lot, huh? I just always make sure I have the right foods in my house, and then eat whatever I feel like making at the time. I give you all a lof of credit...........I think I am too disorganized to work outside of the home.....LOL. Now today is regular plan, right?

bizlawchik
03-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Nicole - Do you LOVE fruit like you LOVE cake?

hdsqrl
03-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Have a happy thing to share this morning...my BNWI was 179.5 this morning! :woohoo: Going to the COD before lunch, so hopefully I'll get to move my ticker a pound or so, but I was thrilled to see a new decade on the scale at home!

Mama Nicole
03-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Nicole - Do you LOVE fruit like you LOVE cake?

Noooo, I didn't even realize that I put my love of fruit in all caps. Nothing compares to my LOVE of cake. :) XOXO

Mama Nicole
03-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Whhoooohooo Megan. A new decade, on any sclae.......is fab!!!
XOXO

MomOfThreeTeens
03-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Congrats Megan! Keep up the good work chickie!!

Chick With Stix
03-07-2007, 02:27 PM
I stepped on the sclae this morning and I was up 1.2. I've eaten OP since Sunday but its TOM and my dinner was a little on the salty side last night so its most likely water weight. I drank some HLW this morning and I'm drinking 10 glasses of water. Gonna flush that water weight out.

Megan: Congrats on the loss, you rock! It feel great doesn't it?

Kristen: That's funny, the last time I used SlimFast I gained weight too. I thought I was the only one. It seems to be working so far so hopefully it'll work for you this time.

hdsqrl
03-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Okay, official COD weight was 181.4, which, when added to my .8 loss on Monday, has me down 2.2 for the week so far. I'm in a weird kind of happy shock. And we're doing TO again already next week??? :dance: Thismightwork, thismightwork, thismightwork!!!

*thinks*

Maybe I'm channeling whatever spirit Kristen channels when she loses big each week? :p

Hang in there, Erika! I'll think tidal thoughts to help push that water right outta you!!!

pjbeau
03-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Erica - I have been POP since Sunday too, but my sclae said I was up 2 this morning. I don't have anything to blame it on though. I'm drinking extra water today too, just hoping it will work.

Nicole - It does get tough packing my food for work. Sometimes I get everything packed then by lunch I really don't want to eat what I packed, but I make myself. We have a fridge in the office, so I have started keeping a few different fruits and veggies available.

Megan - You've got it going on girl! 2.2 is a good weekly loss, you will be in the decade really soon.

MomOfThreeTeens
03-07-2007, 04:08 PM
2.2 for the week? holy crap girl its only Wednesday! Way to go!

Chick With Stix
03-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Wow 2.2 lbs by Wednesday...that's amazing. I just finished my lunch of vegetarian chicken nuggets. Very tasty...with light bleu cheese dressing and some cherry tomatoes. It just sucks I used to be able to get 6 of those and now I can only have 4 :(. Anyway I'm ranting. I just refilled my water bottle with another 4 glasses of water. That sclae is going down tomorrow!

hdsqrl
03-07-2007, 05:06 PM
YESSS!!!! (and yeah, I dunno about that 2.2 pounds already...we'll see if it stays gone when I go WI again on Friday. Tonight we're going out to dinner, so I'll probably gain it all back with sodium, heh.)

MomOfThreeTeens
03-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Lemon water is your friend...Lemon water is your friend.... LOL

KrispieD
03-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Oh are we supposed to have water with the lemons..when I'm going out for dinner I just suck on a few whole ones before and after.. wait they are lined with salt.. i must be dreaming of tequila hee hee

equinetcan
03-08-2007, 09:23 AM
I had another good day yesterday plan wise and I am planning on the same for today. Had a not so good day at COD today but that is in the friend's thread. But I am going to forget about that and just concentrate on myself. I haven't brought lunch today but I already know I am getting a chef salad here at work and I have it all pre-counted so I will be ok.

I go see the furkid tonight for awhile so I am looking forward to that. Then this weekend I get to do taxes....yippee!!!! But I know I am going to get a refund so now I just have to determine how much. I am doing exs' as well, hopefully he will have to pay in!!!;)

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Kimphin
03-08-2007, 09:39 AM
TO was not as successful as the last time - 1.5. Oh well. Kind of happy about eating real food today, though.

WTG Megan - lets hope it sticks for Friday.

ALannah - Yeah, I read about your COD visit - that sucks. You have a good attitude about it, though. The power is in you, girl.

hdsqrl
03-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Hah, well, the restaurant did me in - back up 3 pounds on the home scale. I'll do my best to flush it out today, but am anticipating a slight gain at the COD tomorrow. It was WAY worth it, though. :p

Mama Nicole
03-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Kim........I love your Easter ticker.....too cute. You know....when I saw it, it got me to thinking............if you and I worked together, at a school, we would get in trouble a lot. You are such a smart a**, and it just cracks me up to think of you having to say all the right things at the right time. Kind of like a movie........LOL.

Mama Nicole
03-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Megan..........it's the sclae gods......they are after us this week.........be patient........it will be better soon :)

Kimphin
03-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Kim........I love your Easter ticker.....too cute. You know....when I saw it, it got me to thinking............if you and I worked together, at a school, we would get in trouble a lot. You are such a smart a**, and it just cracks me up to think of you having to say all the right things at the right time. Kind of like a movie........LOL.

Scary - you know me too well. The words that play out in my head are MUCH different than what comes outeth the mouth!

I have a friend that I used to work at a local City with - he's the tax collector and I was the Finance Director. We used to converse without talking (OK, gossip and make fun without talking...). We hardly realized we were doing it until one of my other employees said - "If you two are going to keep talking without speaking I'm leaving!" We almost died!

Mama Nicole
03-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Kim, do you watch the office????

KrispieD
03-08-2007, 12:27 PM
I hate the sclae gods!

Barb316
03-08-2007, 07:14 PM
When is official WI day?

pjbeau
03-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Barb - I think it's Fridays.

Barb316
03-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Well I am not going to be able to WI tomorrow. I am going to record this weight and then I will start the WI on Fridays afterwards.

Starting Weight 155
Week 2:151
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:

Mama Nicole
03-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Congrats Barb.......I see you have had a great loss. I am sooo happy for you :)

MomOfThreeTeens
03-08-2007, 10:15 PM

Week 2: 173.8
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:

Bikini Ready
03-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Week 1: 182
Week 2: 180

I did better on the slim fast week, I think I'm going to do that each week instead of TO from now on. I like the everyother day thing more than two days in a row, my body felt better too!

hdsqrl
03-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Wow, you guys! This is awesome! Great job!!! :D

hdsqrl
03-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Okay, official WI has me at 181.8, now...a .4 gain from the restaurant dinner, but that should be easy to overcome by the weekend's end. :) That puts me at a 3.2 loss so far for the challenge. :)

pjbeau
03-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Well, as I thought, I gained this week. I was POP all week, but I think I've got some medical stuff going on. I've talked about it in the Friends thread. Oh well, I'm going to keep going.

Update-
Friday of Week 2: 180

equinetcan
03-12-2007, 09:24 AM
I guess I will start this off for the new week. I hope everyone had a good weekend. We finally broke out of the latest deep freeze and we are approx 35C warmer than we were this time last week - no exaggeration. We were -32C last week and now today it is supposed to be +4C. At least some of the snow is melting. I can't write much as I have to start work for the day - but everyone have a great day and be POP!!

hdsqrl
03-12-2007, 11:46 AM
My home sclae showed no movement either up or down over the weekend (I guess that's a good thing, right?) I'm back on Day 1 of TO again, and will WI on Wednesday to see how it went. :)

bizlawchik
03-12-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm still with you guys! I didn't make it to the COD last week, but I am going in today. I did TO yesterday and today, though, because I wanted a quick recovery from Irish Fest. I will post today's weight as my Friday weight.

Mama Nicole
03-12-2007, 11:51 AM
I do not want to post my weight.......i am skipping this last weeks WI. LOL. I am doing FF today and tomorrow........and maybe wed and thurs too..........to correct my naughtiness :)

bizlawchik
03-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Nicole - I'll own up to my badness if you will. My weight on my home scale yesterday morning was 196.4. My weight this morning was 192.0. Finishing second day of TO today.

Mama Nicole
03-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Ok, fine...........LOL, my HS this morning was 191.4. I am right back to where I was when we started this challenge. I hope my results are as good as yours. Good for you for getting right back at it. That is exactly why you have been so successful, Cassi. Even though you have hard times every now and then.........you have amazing stick-to-it-ness :) You are one determined girl. :) You really help me.............thanks :) XOXO

bizlawchik
03-12-2007, 12:37 PM
I am definitely determined. I about died when I saw the scale yesterday, but I used that to stay strong yesterday. I knew it was mostly sodium/water retention due to the fair food and lots of beer, but there were still a LOT of calories too. Remember, the only way we can fail is if we quit!

bizlawchik
03-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Official COD WI today is 192.4. I updated my post on the first page.

KrispieD
03-12-2007, 03:51 PM
I can top you all.. I weighed in 4 lbs heavier today than Saturday!! First time I had some indulgences but had planned for them so I say screw the sclae!
I'm on the TO and tomorrow as part of this challenge and best see those 4lbs gone right back to wherever they came from or there will chaos in Canada!

bizlawchik
03-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Kristen - I'll bet you the counselors probably fell over when they saw that. Congrats on your planned indulgence!

KrispieD
03-12-2007, 04:47 PM
The fact I had to bring out the paddles and restart their hearts was a telltale sign.. I could barely get my 4lb larger but near the floor to give them CPR :)

bizlawchik
03-12-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm sure it will all be gone and then some by Wed. WI. I have a feeling you didn't consume an extra 14,000 calories.

(mmmmmmm.... calories... can't... wait... for... TO to be over!!!)

Chick With Stix
03-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Hey Everyone!

Sorry I haven't been able to post in awhile, work was crazy last week and my weekend was busy busy. I was a little depressed last Friday when I stepped on the scale because I was still up .8 from what it says on my ticker. I've been POP but I just couldn't get that weight back down. But when I talked to my personal trainer on Saturday she told me to take my measurements and that the weight is probably all the lean muscle I've been building for almost 2 months. And she was right, I've lost quite a few inches. This morning I was down to 176.0 and I have a feeling after TO I'll be down some more. By the time I'm done tomorrow I'm going to be sooo ready for real food. I'm getting tired of chicken here.

pjbeau
03-12-2007, 05:45 PM
This morning I was only up 2lbs (Friday was +3), so I felt a little better. DH and I did go out to dinner twice this weekend, but I tried to make the best choices possible (except the mexican cheese dip...I couldn't resist).:o On Sunday I had an Oh-my-what-have-I-done moment and started downing the HLW. I'm not usually a big loser on TO, but I'm doing it anyways to keep on track with the challenge.:cool:

Chick With Stix
03-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Ok my first day of TO is over and I'm on my 2nd day now. It seems like it might be just what I needed. I was at 176 yesterday morning when I stepped on the scale and this morning when I took my official weigh in for LA at Home I was at...174.6! I've lost exactly 15 lbs! Soooo looking forward to food tomorrow...

bizlawchik
03-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Woo Hoo Erika! :cheer:

hdsqrl
03-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Yippee! I had a good sclae report this morning, and at WI as well: BNWI: 177.5, COD WI: 179.6. W00t! I think I'm in love with TO. :p

Chick With Stix
03-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Go Megan!!!:carrot: That weight is just falling off you!

hdsqrl
03-13-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm catching up to you, Erika! :D

bizlawchik
03-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Megan - WTG! And you thought you were a slow loser. Enjoy.

katiebug77
03-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Way 2 go Megan!!! I go to WI tomorrow. At my last weigh in, I was at 161.2, only .2 from 50 pounds, so hopefully I should be there. This challenge has really kept me on track.

KrispieD
03-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Ah day two of TO.. I cannot WAIT for breakfast tomorrow! Had to do all my grocery shopping today on TO so it was brutal.. going to get my 3ozs of poultry into me.. so far the one day gave me a 1.6 lb loss from my weekend indulgences :)

hdsqrl
03-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Haha, well, I fully expect to sit at the 179 for a couple of weeks or so now...my body has gotten so used to the extra weight that I think it'd decided not to give up any of it without a fight. ;)

Chick With Stix
03-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Kristen, I know how you feel...I'm about to eat my hand over here, not from hunger, but just from wanting regular food again. I'm gonna choke down my 3 oz of chicken here in about half an hour.

Megan, you're gonna kick that weight in the butt. I think you'll be losing some more weight before you know it.

Why is TO sooo hard...

hdsqrl
03-13-2007, 04:33 PM
It's especially hard when you eat your last lite at 12:50pm, heh. WHAT was I THINKING???

Chick With Stix
03-13-2007, 05:08 PM
I've been breaking mine in half. I had one half with breakfast, another half at mid morning, then protein at lunch with a veggie, I'll have another half at mid afternoon and my last half after dinner. That seems to be working, its just my coworkers have some really yummy food...and I about jumped my boyfriend last night who was eating pizza for dinner while I ate my small portion of chicken breast.

KrispieD
03-13-2007, 05:09 PM
I just put on scented hand lotion and I'm having a hard time trying not to gnaw off my own hand.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
It's taking all my willpower to save my Lite but going to finish up some work.. some shrimp with broccoli for dinner and then the Lite.. ahhh my Lite.
I think I'll wake up extra early tomorrow to eat :)

hdsqrl
03-13-2007, 05:16 PM
ROFL, Kristen!

and yeah, I've been a big fan of cutting the lites up into little bits on my TO days, but I didn't do that this morning, thinking I'd be okay to just take a little bite at a time. Riiiiiight. Next time I'll know better.

Chick With Stix
03-13-2007, 05:21 PM
LMAO Kristen...I like the waking up extra early for food idea. I might do that myself.

KrispieD
03-13-2007, 05:36 PM
I took my Lite to night school last night intending to snack on it a bit here and there. it was consumed by the time I hit the end of the block!! If you see me posting before 6:00am I've been up and relished and cried over my bagel!

pjbeau
03-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Yeah, Megan & Erica!! :carrot:

My second day of TO was trashed. I had an all day meetings at work, where lunch is ordered in. As I work with mostly all men, I did not want to listen to "is that all you're eating?" if I broke out my TO lunch. So, I was a weinee and ordered a turkey sandwich and fruit cup. Okay for a regular plan day, but not for TO. I just going to plan for the rest of the week to be POP and hope for the best. :goodvibes

hdsqrl
03-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Sounds like you made the best of a bad situation, Paula! I'd call that a definite NSV!

Mama Nicole
03-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Wow, Katie........sooo close to 50 lbs....congrats.

And Kristen........I forgot to mention about your little girls.......they are just precious. I wanted a house full of little girls........and I did get a houseful.........but it is a mix........and I couldn't be happier about it. I never knew how fun it would be to have a son. And, OMG, talk about true love. My DSS really think I am a princess.........it's so cool.

KrispieD
03-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Mama Nicole you are a princess.. and a goddess. and a chauffeur, chef, nurse, mentor, awesome friend, jokester, motivator and apparently good and dirty phone talk with DH.. what a woman!

pjbeau
03-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Megan - thanks for helping me look at my choice as a NSV, I hadn't thought of it that way.

Nicole - I really feel that mother/son bond with my DS...and my DD is certainly a daddy's girl, even at 23.

Mama Nicole
03-14-2007, 03:23 PM
ok, so I have sucked for the last five days....but now...IT'S ON!!!! I am doing my FF today and tomorrow, and then I will just delve right back in with you all, like no time had passed :)

bizlawchik
03-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Keep swimming!

Chick With Stix
03-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Paula: you made a great choice in the situation. Turkey sandwich and fruit is much better than some other junk.

I stepped on the sclae this morning...again...and I met my St. Patty's Day goal. Very happy about that. Now I won't step on again until WI on Friday.

I'm soooo happy to have real food back today. I'm trying something different though. Instead of having my protein at lunch and dinner today I had my protein at breakfast and lunch. I'm gonna make a quesadilla for dinner...its too hot in this apartment to do any heavy duty cooking.

KrispieD
03-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Way to go Erika! I drooled over every bite today! I'm also excited about having a Slimdown on Sunday after that TO!!

Chick With Stix
03-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Ok so its weigh in day. I stepped on the scale this morning and I was up 1.4 lbs. So I still lost weight this week which I'm happy about. I lifted weights on Wednesday so I know that has something to do with it. But what made me really happy this morning is that I am comfortably wearing the size 12 jeans I wore when I was 165 lbs, but I'm still almost 10 lbs away from that. I can't imagine what these pants will be like once I do get to 165. I'm losing inches like crazy and that's what I've really wanted.

I hope everyone else is doing well and I hope you have a POP weekend!

hdsqrl
03-16-2007, 02:43 PM
That's awesome, Erika! I'm up today, too....0.6 at the COD, but we had a potluck here at work yesterday so much of it is salt, I know. I also lifted some weights on Wednesday, so that may also be part of it. I'm doing well today, at least, so hopefully I'll see that .6 drop off in a day or two.

pjbeau
03-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Okay, well I managed to lose half of my 3lb gain last week. Hopefully, I'm getting myself back on track.

Here is my update:
Friday of Week 3: 178.5

Mama Nicole
03-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Well.......despite my 5 day fling with food, I diddn't do too much damage overall....
Week 1: 191.4
Week 2: 187.4
Week 3: 188.0
Hip hip hooray :)

hdsqrl
03-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Here's my progress:

Kind of the same as usual, really...slow but steady. Or, well, I guess the difference here is that it's steady. Usually it's slow, and then STOP, heh. Go away, pounds!!

Seagal
03-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Okay, well I managed to lose half of my 3lb gain last week. Hopefully, I'm getting myself back on track.

Here is my update:

Paula,

good job getting back on track!

Chick With Stix
03-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Wow...all of us are doing sooo well. I'm so happy!

Now back to the conference room to watch some more NCAA. I love having a boss who loves March Madness as much as I do.

MomOfThreeTeens
03-19-2007, 08:37 PM

Week 3: 173.0 so thats 4.8 lost
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:

pjbeau
03-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Well, I think I'm getting back on track, except for the mexican lunch yesterday.

Here is my update:
Friday of Week 4: 176.5

bizlawchik
03-23-2007, 01:04 PM
I will provide my update when I get back from the COD. Good or bad.

(There. I posted it, so I must follow through and do it.)

hdsqrl
03-23-2007, 07:55 PM
I ended up going to COD AFTER lunch today, and was up a pound. I'm pretty sure most, if not all of that was my lunch, as I had a huge glass of water with it, but I'll post the weight anyway over on page 1 of this thread. *sigh* I better have a nice loss next week!

Chick With Stix
03-23-2007, 08:00 PM
I didn't step on the scale today...I guess I'll step on it tomorrow and post my WI.

MomOfThreeTeens
03-25-2007, 11:23 PM

Week 3: 173.0
Week 4: 171.4
Week 5:
Week 6:

debbieduzLAWL
03-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Ok Megan,
I am in also.... since I havnt lost anything,well I did but I gained it back the following weigh in I will use the current weight on my ticker,my cod suggested another TO anyway so this works out well.

big hugs to all........

pjbeau
03-30-2007, 01:02 PM
It's been a tough week for me, but I managed to pull out a small loss.

Starting weight: 178.0
Friday of Week 1: 177.0 (-1.0, total -1.0)
Friday of Week 2: 180.0 (+3.0, total +2.0)
Friday of Week 3: 178.5 (-1.5, total +0.5)
Friday of Week 4: 176.5 (-2.0, total -1.5)
Friday of Week 5: 175.5 (-1.0, total -2.5)

hdsqrl
03-30-2007, 02:16 PM
My progress is this:

Friday of Week 4: 181.2 (+.6, -3.8 for the challenge)
Friday of Week 5: 176.8 (-4.4, -8.2 for the challenge) (oh please, dear God, let me keep it off!)
Friday of Week 6:

Mama Nicole
03-30-2007, 04:30 PM
WOW.....Megan.........you are kicking butt!!!! I have gained since the challenge started.......and that pretty much sucks.....but I am sooo excited for you............you will keep it off..........you can do it :)

bizlawchik
03-30-2007, 08:18 PM
My update...

Starting weight: 195.2
Friday of Week 1:192.6
Friday of Week 2:192.4
Friday of Week 3:192.0
Friday of Week 4:194.0
Friday of Week 5:188.4
Friday of Week 6:

MomOfThreeTeens
03-30-2007, 09:03 PM

Week 5: 168.8 -9 for me!
Week 6:

MomOfThreeTeens
04-05-2007, 05:17 PM

Week 5: 168.8 -9 for me!
Week 6: 168.0

hdsqrl
04-05-2007, 06:43 PM
I probably won't WI tomorrow, so if I count today's weight, I'm up .2 for the week. Still gives me a nice loss, and I'll post my HS WI on Monday, at least. :)