Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 03:51 AM   #16  

OK! This thread is so strait-forward, honest, and yet funny, I can't resist posting!
I moved to Germany 4 months ago and have gained over 20 pounds. OMIGOSH to food here is to die for!! So many goodies!! And there is this AMAZING FANTASTIC Italian restaurant not far from our apartment!!
My husband and my kids have amazing metabolisms and can eat anything and lots of it and still be thin. But I love them anyway. Sucks to be me. And what i don't understand is how the Germans as a whole are nowhere near as fat as Americans. What's their secret I wonder???

And I agree with girl scout cookies being outlawed. I was brutally attacked by some innocent looking girl scouts at the PX. The jumped me, took money out of my purse, jammed a box of Peanutbutter Patties in my hands, and took off. Then, when I got home, the subliminal messages they planted in my brain forced me to eat the WHOLE BOX in ONE SITTING!!! Watch out for those girls. They look cute and innocent, but now I know better.

Gotta go for now.... but I'll be back.....
Jen
Old 02-27-2003, 09:33 AM   #17  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Den- yeah, I remember that movie! It was called the Hand and it starred Michael Caine

Welcome Jehari! Hmmm....Janiegirl was just saying how delicious the food in France was and how everyone there was in good shape too....what do they know that we don't? I think for a start that they weren't raised on fast food the way North Americans are. Maybe it's because they eat more fresh food and less processed food than we do.

When I was visiting my family in Scotland I ate sausages or ham and eggs for breakfast every morning and had strawberry tarts from my Uncle's bakery every day for 6 weeks running and managed to lose 5 pounds don't know how I pulled that off
Old 02-27-2003, 10:31 AM   #18  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Jehari-WELCOME!!! My hubby and one of my kids seem to have that thin gene. Unfortunately my younger son seems to be more like me!! It IS frustrating to watch them pig out and stay thin!!! I always used to say that I'd like to give my hubby all my weight because he'd lose it all within a week!!!

Mauvais-Okay, that's it!! We all have to move to Europe!!!
Old 02-27-2003, 11:05 AM   #19  

Fine by moi! When are we leaving cheri?
Old 02-27-2003, 12:21 PM   #20  

Welcome, Jehari! Yeah, let's all move to Europe...I would like to live in the Netherlands or Belgium, beautiful places and thin people despite the french fries (which are amazing) - went there about 14 years ago, ate whatever I wanted and walked all day - weighed in 130s!

I am trying to eat around 1000 a day for a while, see if that gets me losing again - worked before Christmas!

Den, I too am surrounded by a naturally thin family, including my in laws, plus a dad who has lost about 65 lbs (down from 250 when I was a kid)...I am like Alice in Wonderland having to run twice as hard just to stay in place (and eating stuff that either makes me grow or shrink, only it's hard to predict!)

Lidian
Old 02-27-2003, 12:27 PM   #21  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome Jehari!
Doesn't anyone have an airplane? They could pick everyone up and we could all go for a holiday somewhere together. Somewhere exotic. Not here.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:32 PM   #22  

Yeah, Ellis! Great idea...maybe we could all go to a spa in California or somewhere warm, with an outdoor pool, massages, facials, someone else making the meals...who has that plane anyway, and when are they coming? I am packing now!!

Heh heh...

Lidian
Old 02-27-2003, 12:39 PM   #23  

Think of the weight we could lose!! I get first dibs on Olga the masseuse!
Old 02-27-2003, 02:00 PM   #24  

Yup, if I didn't have to go in our kitchen - and someone else made me healthy meals - AND Olga would book me in after you (I will have a facial and manicure while I wait, thanks!) - well yes, we would lose LOTS of weight! I see us sitting around in the jacuzzi gabbing and sipping sparkling water (doesn't that sound SO much better than plain old ordinary water?) and...yes yes. I am on the porch with my bags - where's the limo to take me to that darned plane already! Let's ALL go!

Someone else round here can make the Kraft Dinner tonight, by gum!

Lidian
Old 02-27-2003, 05:30 PM   #25  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Lidian-My in-laws are thin too......GRR!!!!!

Ellis-Okay, I'll take the OTHER masseuse...you know.......SVEN!!!! I'm not packed yet, but we should just go as is so that after our spa trip we can shop for a NEW WARDROBE to fit our SVELTE NEW BODIES!!!!

Mauvais-If things keep going the way they are here in the states we may all be moving up to Ottawa before we go to Europe!!! I REALLY want to travel to Scotland, but we could check out a few other places first!!!!
Old 02-27-2003, 06:00 PM   #26  

Hey, if we are going to have a masseur named Sven we better be at a spa in the Swiss Alps (one with a natural hot springs ) so we can all have some of those yummy swiss chocolates
Old 02-27-2003, 06:50 PM   #27  

Of course, Den... we won't be needing our own clothes! We'll just be wearing towels, bathing suits (ugh!) and track suits the entire time. Then, when we're all at our desired weight, we'll be treated to an all-you-can-buy clothes shopping trip. And we're NOT shopping in the FAT SECTION!!

Mauvais, when we pick up Ruth, we'll get her to load a couple of crates of Hershey's into the plane. WAIT A MINUTE!! NO CHOCOLATE!!!

Lidian... thanks for the meal suggestion for this evening...
Old 02-28-2003, 04:51 PM   #28  
Searching

Okay my evil twin shoved the following into me in some sort of desperate attempt at torture:

1 Big Mac, bottom bun removed
1 Cheeseburger, bottom bun removed
1 large order of fries
1 large strawberry shake
10 godiva dark chocolates

What was she trying to do? Kill me?
Old 02-28-2003, 09:00 PM   #29  

Mauvais, you've convinced me...the Swiss Alps it is! We'd like some assorted gourmet chocolates with our sparkling water - oh heck, make that champagne! We are eating so little here anyway, what with the fine nouvelle cuisine. Ellis, it will be OK to have the really expensive EUROPEAN chocolate...Ruth will leave the Hershey's at home, OK?

And then we will go shopping for many expensive clothes. And accessories, of course...I see beautiful shoes and handbags and fabulous vintage jewellery in the future (oh I wish!!)...

Ellis, I hope your kids were as impressed as mine with dinner (tee hee) - actually they loved it! What will I do when they get a little older and realize that Mom isn't exactly a fabulous chef, she just knows how to open boxes and cans?! (Answer: I will of course get THEM to open the boxes and cans, that's what! Teach them my ancient wisdom passed down, you bet, from my own mother, Queen of the TV Dinners!)

Chris, my evil twin wolfed down a whole bunch of stuff today when I wasn't looking...finally I had to throw out the fig newtons AND put dishwashing liquid on them (this is after they were in the garbage mind you)...thank goodness no one actually noticed what I was doing and asked why I was squirting dish soap in to the garbage! (I did this in front of DH and 2 kids but as usual no one really saw what I was up to! I swear I could paint myself purple and dance on the kitchen table and no one would bat an eye)...

Lidian
Old 03-01-2003, 08:31 AM   #30  

oh, alright... Swiss Alps it is. But no chocolate!! We can smell it, but we can't ingest it. How the heck are we going to fit into our new wardrobes otherwise!?

Chris, me too with the Big Mac. And some chicken nuggets. I can't believe it. I slam McDonalds and Walmart, and yet I occasionally end up giving them my money. It's just that it was close, and I didn't want DH to have to go too far to get dinner. (Lidian, macaroni and cheese twice in a row would have been pushing it. heh heh.)
Closed Thread