Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 04:15 PM   #46  
Is it Friday yet?

Hi Sojourner! I don't think I've welcomed you to our wild group yet! Welcome!!!

You bet, the least expensive place I've found this clock is at www.take-care.com (in the Personal Care section). With shipping it was $100.50. I've seen them as expensive as $125. It's a nice size, and the dome that you'll see in the picture is frosted glass (no plastic!)

This morning I woke up easily, no headache and it may be just because it's Friday, but my mood is peachy! Time will tell...

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 08-30-2002 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-30-2002, 07:57 PM   #47  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hey Chickies!

Hope you all had a good day today... It's Friday

Dentrassi-congrats on the new car I was flipping through a catalogue today and there was a picture of a scrollwork vine spice rack holder and lo and behold prominently displayed was a jar of Marmite you marmite eaters are sending the rest of us subliminal messages:hypno2: I am on to you!

Ruthxxx-hope you are having a better day today you too Ellis!

Wantolosealot-glad you had a great birthday and are feeling better about turning 40!

Gotta run and eat dinner it's already 8 pm here
Old 08-30-2002, 08:15 PM   #48  
the kid's counting on me!

Wantstolosealot,
Happy Belated Birthday!!!
Love, Soozie
Old 08-30-2002, 09:28 PM   #49  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI EVERYONE!! Glad to hear that those of you with Elantras like them!! Hope I still like mine in a few years!! Nothing more nerve wracking than spending money you don't have!!

Squeak-Ours is midnight gray (darkish gray with purple undertones. We took what they had, but I like purple, so I'm happy!!) How did you decide to name your car Gordie? What color is yours?

Flower-I don't envy you having to pack up to move!! Still sending good moving vibes your way!!

Ruth-Glad to hear you didn't do anything involving heat or heavy lifyimg today!!

Soozie-Glad you had such a good time!!

Wantstolosealot-Turning 40 is actually pretty nice once you get used to the idea!! I am 44 now, and I feel like I have really been coming into my own since turning 40!! I am less inclined to allow others to mistreat me, and I am more self accepting now.

Punkin-The clock sounds great, but I'm not sure it would work for me either!! I used to break alarm clocks in my haste to turn them off. I'd hit them so hard they would break!! Usually DH wakes me up. I think the BEST thing would be for him to set up an IV and feed me coffee intravenously while I am still asleep!!!

Sojourner-WELCOME!!!

Ellis-Come post!! The worst thing you can do when you're feeling bad is to isolate yourself.

Mauvais- I have no idea what you are talking about... :hypno: marmite....yum...:hypno2:it tastes great.......yum :hypno: I would NEVER try to manipulate someones tastes or expenditures..... :hypno:mar mite :hypno:
Old 08-30-2002, 09:43 PM   #50  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi girls
Just to clear things up. I did not turn 40 I turnes 36 but was feeling anxiety about being closer to 40. I am however, okay with it now. Had such a great week, an realized I have so many great friends, what do I have to be depressed about. Anyway, Thie chick is off to bed. Y'all have a great night and a wonderful long weekend. Take care all!
Virginia
Old 08-31-2002, 11:55 AM   #51  
Hot Stuff

This is too weird. Den, Squeaker, and Flower....I drive a 2000 Elantra! Mine is a four-door, grey interior, and "Mystic Teal" outside. It looks navy, but when the sun hits it, there's a hint of teal. I've had it since June 2000, and I've had not one problem with it. *knock on wood* I really, really like it. All the options you could imagine....power windows/door locks /mirrors /overdrive/air conditioning, etc, etc. I have about 29,000 km (roughly 18,000 miles) on it and it's only ever needed an oil change. It will be paid off for an entire year before the warranty expires, too! (5 year/100,000km bumper-to-bumper warranty) I hope you like your new Elantra, Den!

Having a REALLY hard time getting going this morning. *sigh* Why can't people (read: DD and DH) just leave me the h*ll alone? I've been working 12 hour days....I want a lazy morning...is that SO freakin' wrong?

Old 08-31-2002, 06:20 PM   #52  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Mine (2000 elantra) is mystic teal too. 4 doors, gray interior but the wagon version. Very spooky! My window track had to be replaced, and a new battery but I love it!
Old 08-31-2002, 07:20 PM   #53  
Must Shrink.

Well, I turn 40 on Sept 15th and actually don't feel any anxiety at all... I feel much better about 40 than I did 30 or 35. I think life is spinning much less out of control than it was then or something.

Happy birthday Virginia...

I have no car. I don't even drive! But I think that will happen this year.

Then we'll have to buy a (used) car large enough for a family of 6. No mini-van though.

Two full days off, no newspapers to deliver and no library to work in. Only time to sleep in.

(Laundry to do, school-supply shopping to do, kids to organize...)

So maybe not the complete break I wish for!

Have a wonderful long weekend!

Oh! My co-worker, another Lois might give/sell us her piano!!!!!! Crossing my fingers!

Lois
Old 08-31-2002, 09:51 PM   #54  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Gordie is white with tan interior. It was the only one left, which is the only reason I ended up with white.

Gordie is Gordie because the guy who sold me the car kinda looked like Gord Downie of the Tragically Hip. I was going to name it after who I bought it from (like we did with my old roommate's car - Freddy) but I didn't want to name it Mike. I have too many friends named Mike. I had thought about naming him Bono, but changed my mind.
Old 09-01-2002, 11:19 AM   #55  

WOW!! SPOOKY!! 4 Elantra drivers!!

Squeak-That means I'd have to name mine Keith, WHICH I"M NOT DOING!! (That is the name of a fair weather friend of my son.) Too bad its not red, then I could name it the menstrual mobile. Usually i just call my cars "baby". As in, "come on baby, you can make it a few more blocks/months/up this hill!!" It will be nice for us to have 2 reliable cars for once!!!!

Lamorgan-Hope you get that piano!!

Wildfire, Flower-Love that "two tone" effect. Mine is dark gray or plum depending on the light!!

Wanttolosealot-I understood that. Just wanted to let you know that the "anticipation" is MUCH worse than the actual 40th birthday!!!

Ellis- (dancing bananas....do you ever feel like that?)
Old 09-01-2002, 11:24 AM   #56  

Height: 5'-2"

Den, are you happy?
Am I going to have to buy an Elantra just to keep up with the chubby Jones?

hey! There's a jar of marmite at the top of this page! Well, there WAS.

Last edited by ellis; 09-01-2002 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-01-2002, 11:41 AM   #57  

Ellis-That's the thing about Marmite. If you don't snag it quickly someone else always gets to it first!! It would be funny if we ALL started driving Elantras, wouldn't it? The seat is super adjustable, which means that I can drive sitting a little further back than in most cars. Did you know that it is usually shorties that die when air bags go off? This car should be safer for me, since I was practically eating the steering wheel in the other car!!

I think I am actually doing pretty well today!! Despite a bad night's sleep, and Meggie jumping on my stomach and nipping my arm trying to wake me up this morning!! We are going over to my parents' house later. I think it'll be good to get out of here for a while!!
Old 09-01-2002, 03:14 PM   #58  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

To **** with all getting Elantras! We should all start eating that damned Marmite!

Sure is a Labour Day around here - have done two batches of preserves, cleaned the pantry shelves and put the stuff back in, done three loads of laundry and am now going for a nap!

Dog haircut Phase2 is scheduled for later this afternoon!
Old 09-01-2002, 04:24 PM   #59  
a work in progress...

Hey chicks, I'm home...lots of reading to do to catch up...back later!
Old 09-02-2002, 12:57 AM   #60  
a brave new me...

Talking Short Stuff

Hey dentrassi... I'm short too... just barely 5'1". I mean... being this short is just plain wrong. Being overweight makes it difficult enough finding clothes that fit let alone having to struggle with being short.... errrr....."petite". I want to start a clothing store called "Short and Fat" or maybe "Stubby and Chubby"!! HAHAHAHA!!
Closed Thread