Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 08:05 PM   #106  

Height: 5'-2"

That Solitudes CD, Wildfire... what happens if your heart STOPS?
We'll be thinking about you on Monday, sweetie. You're going to be just FINE!
Geepers, I didn't know what you were talking about re: those ads. I thought, "Okay, Wildfire is LOSING HER MIND!!" But I just got one, too! Very very bad.

Ruth, you're right... Marmite tastes like a bullion cube! That's it exactly! (oh... sorry... Den said that!)
I'm sorry you had a rough day yesterday... hope that today was better for. And I'm SO glad that Lucy is alright! (ummmm, she IS alright, isn't she?)

Yeah, okay Auntie Marmite... eggplant is yummy. Whatever you say.
Hey, the Y is great! We tried out all kinds of equipment... it was a hoot. We're going again on Monday. I'm going to try to go AT LEAST 3 days a week. Do you think it's okay if I take a book with me and read while I exercise? I could definitely read while I'm biking... and I'm sure I could do it while using some of the weight machines. At least when I'm only using my feet, anyhow. And I think I could run on the treadmill and read at the same time...

Mauvais, I'm glad you're feeling a little better, but you've got to get some SLEEP, GIRL!! What are we going to do with you? Are you taking any of our suggestions? Okay, how about this one... SEX!! That's sure to knock you out! (no?) hugs...

Lois, my OHIP card expired about 7 months ago. While you're there, could you get MINE renewed for me? What a drag. I can see myself walking down there and standing in line for 2 hours, only to discover that I've got the wrong ID with me.
How's the anxiety? I can relate completely. I've been having it lately, too. And it's been SO long since I've had it... I was hoping it was a thing of the past.

Kat darling, you are FAR too fond of swearing! You SHOULD move to NS. Everyone should.

Terrigrrrl, you are NOT a toughie! I don't believe you! You are just too sweet for words! Are you gagging now?

Sojo... good doing the bellydancing! Did you know that if you have sex six times in a row (even if you think it's physically impossible to have any more kids), it's possible to get pregnant? Ask anyone who knows me...

Hi to everyone else... love you all!
Old 09-08-2002, 08:29 AM   #107  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

I agree with Ellis, Everyone should move to N.S. If you have tents or trailers, I could set you up in my backyard until you get a place. Than we could all go walking together, eat properly together(or not), it would be great.
Virginia
Old 09-08-2002, 09:53 AM   #108  
Hot Stuff

Um...er..Ruth??? You don't mean you still feel the pain literally, right? Your afternoon on the porch sounds sooooo nice!
And no ice cream? Isn't that a capital crime of some sort? If not, it should be. Off with the ice cream man's head!

Ellis, I lost my mind a loooooong time ago! Don't worry, I've never sufferred cardiac arrest while listening to the Solitudes CD. Although, it makes you wonder, if they stopped that beat completely...what might happen???

Hey, can't you girls renew your OHIP cards through those Service Ontario kiosks that are in the malls? They look like bank machines...you can do your license, vehicle registration, OHIP, pay parking fines, etc,etc, on your own time! I use them to get my license plate stickers and I changed all my address information when we moved in July. They just sent my new drivers license and health card in the mail about a week later.

I'm in for moving back to NS! In a heartbeat.

I'll be glad when this whole dental ordeal is over with so I can get back on track with this whole weight loss thing. Yeah, yeah....I could still stay OP, but when you feel this sorry for yourself, there's nothing like comfort food. And it's been hard to convince myself to go for a walk when I'm doped up.

Hello to everyone, and I hope we all have a relaxing, wonderful Sunday!
Old 09-08-2002, 01:48 PM   #109  

Virginia - I told you about my little dream cottage by the sea in NS......so if the rest move there.......at least I'll have friends nearby to visit and y'all can come by for gin-n-tonics, tea or whatever

OK Ellis - since these days I'm trying NOT to get pregnant...... and you're saying sex 6 times in a row does it......then I have to ask a question or 2....... how close together do the *events* have to take place for this to happen? LOL

oh and you are sweet too.....I have a long running joke with my friend, the one who now lives on Albion road. One of us will say "you're sweet", then the other one will say "no, you're the sweet one" then, " no you" etc........

Wildfire - thinking of you while holding my cheek - I need to have 2 root canals this month.......eek! It only hurts now when I chew on that side......eek!

Kids today are lucky - I think the sealants prevent this.

Have a great day y'all - terrigrrrl
Old 09-08-2002, 04:15 PM   #110  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI!!!!

barefoot-My kids never got sealants...are they any good? We don't have any dental coverage right now, so I feel like I'm doing really well just getting them in for their cleanings!!!

Wildfir-I can relate completely....and WHAT is more comforting than a nice big bowl of ice cream!?! Who put out the solitudes tape? It sounds like something I could use too!!

Ellis-I am sorry you are still felling bad. Is going to the Y helping at all? About all those people who drop in to socialize.....Pretend you aren't home!!! Get caller ID for the phone!~!! Start foaming at the mouth!!! DO ANYTHING TO KEEP THEM OUT!!!

Mauvais-Are you sleeping yet? I slept 12 hours last Thursday night, felt WONDERFUL, and now my schedule is off again!!! I HATE not sleeping!!! Have you tried Tylenol PM? I yhink it is habit forminf, so you don't want to do it too often, but it helped me when I wasn't sleeping a few weeks ago.

Ruth-HI!!! Hope you are doing better too.

Last edited by dentrassi; 09-08-2002 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-08-2002, 04:28 PM   #111  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hello everyone

I had a great time at the football game yesterday even though our team lost. It was only by 5 points and they played a really good game. I managed to stay away from all the junk food and had an only an ice cream as a treat.

Ruthxx-sounds like you had a really bad day yesterday. Hope your day was better today, I envy you your deck and puffy flowered cushions, enjoy some quiet time today

Ellis- good on you for the Y, and yes you can take a book or magazine with you, why not? I have seen people do that at the gym or they watch the tv's the gym provides. You know sex seems to be a cure all for everything: insomnia, prevention of heart disease, burns calories, headaches, stress relief, hmmmm....

Wildfire-thanks for the info on the CD, I think one of the stores in the nearby mall sells that series, I will definetly check it out, might help-can't hurt Hope your root canal goes well on Monday and isn't too painful.

We can all move to Nova Scotia and build our own Alternachick commune complete with a gourmet kitchen, hot tub, library, gym, spa, organic fruit and vegetable plot, herb garden and a claw foot bathtub in each of our homes, ****, we can build our own town around us

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 09-08-2002 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-08-2002, 05:29 PM   #112  

Oh, Mauvais... that commune sounds positively divine! Let's do it! We also need a media room so that we can watch movies. And a popcorn machine. And a computer room with about 20 computers in it. We can all sit side by side and play PC games. And servants. You forgot about the servants.
Are you hot, sweetie? It's 34 degrees out. Cranky weather.

You're right, Den. I need a baseball bat at the front door and a rude message on my answering machine. Maybe I should become a compulsive swearer. Open the door and scream, "#*$@ off!!!" everytime someone rings. I just don't understand why people want to see me! I'm not that nice! Are they THAT bored? They must be losers.

Terrigrrrl, the events must take place during the same night. Listen honey, it was 7 years ago. I really can't remember the exact timing. It's just a big blurr. One that never reoccurred. And is never going to, as far as my DH is concerned. (he's pushing 40... those days are OVER!)
I can't wait for you to get those teeth done! I hurt everytime I read your post!

WAIT A MINUTE!! That's Wildfire! Wildfire... how's the tooth?
You know, you can only use those machine thingys if you've got a credit card, and I cut mine up 14 years ago. I don't know WHY they don't take bank cards! I've GOT the cash!

Virginia... we're comin' down. I hope you've got lots of room, because we'll be building a commune in your backyard.

Hello to everyone!!
xoxo
Old 09-08-2002, 06:31 PM   #113  
Hot Stuff

ellis, those machines DO take debit cards! I paid for my vehicle stickers last year with my debit card. Check it out where you live....I'd do anything to avoid having to go to the government offices! The tooth doesn't hurt, it's the swelling in my jaw and the lump in my gums and my cheek. The dentist told me the root is already dead, that's why it doesn't hurt or throb. It's the infection in a pocket under the tooth that's doing all this to me. The infection doesn't seem to be going down any since they tortured me yesterday, and tomorrow is my last day on antibiotics. Don't know what they'll do when I get to the dentist.

Mauv and Den, check this out for some info on Solitudes Sleep Enhancement:

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASI...523826-1070739

I was reading the reviews and saying to myself...wow...me too...exactly! Hey, I wonder if the dentist would let me listen to it while they yank those roots out. His office is very high-tech and patient-friendly. Television, headphones, makes you wear sunglasses so the light doesn't shine in your eyes, really comfortable leather chairs, fish tanks...the whole nine yards. Even video games and internet computers in the waiting rooms.

I haven't stepped out the door today. I heard it was hot, and I turned on the air conditioner. I've been cooking, cleaning, keeping busy. Of course, I was in the middle of whipping up some banana bread when I discovered there were no eggs! I sent hubby out. That's what he's here for. Plus he bought me ice cream. Maple Walnut.

terrigrrrl....TWO root canals? Geez, I feel much better! Thank you! See, it's true...no matter how awful you think things are, there is always someone worse off. Sorry it's you, though. I hope you don't have to have them both done at once. Have you been through it before? I've heard such horror stories, but I've convinced myself not to believe them. Much.

Oh, and ellis...I can relate to what I call the "home invasions". I don't want company or phone calls when I'm home on the weekends. I want time to do what I want, when I want, and if that means staying in my pj's all day and watching tv, then so be it. Is that anti-social? Maybe, but I don't care.

Time for tea, then dishes. A woman's work is never done.
Old 09-08-2002, 06:46 PM   #114  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

I too am a hermit. Company begone! We need to put a sign up, saying "BIG UGLY PEOPLE EATING OGRE INSIDE- KEEP OUT"
Think it might work? I will begin chopping down trees and getting ready for the commune! Take care all!
Virginia
Old 09-08-2002, 07:01 PM   #115  
Hot Stuff

Virginia, when I first read that, I took it as there are big, ugly people who are eating an ogre inside. Of course, that might work too.
Old 09-08-2002, 07:32 PM   #116  

Default We all just want to be alone!!

Wildfire... they DO take debit cards now? Oh yipee!! I'll have to check them out again. What a relief that would be. Listen, do they take pictures, too?
Oh, yes... yes... not the tooth, the POCKET! Technicalities, darling.
Listen, husbands are ALSO for doing dishes! Mine does all of them. I just stack them in one sink throughout the day, and he does them after dinner when he's home from work. He's lovely. Just lovely.

Virginia, are you a true hermit? I AM!! I could get away with seeing people maybe 3 or 4 times a year. And never be lonely. Of course, I would definitely be lost without my computer.

later darlings...
Old 09-08-2002, 07:43 PM   #117  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

Well Ellis,
Since you put it that way, I guess I am not a true hermit. I do like to have some people around , just who I choose and not who chooses to visit me.
But you girls are all welcome to set up our little commune. Call first okay?
Old 09-09-2002, 12:09 AM   #118  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI ALL!!!!

Okay Ellis-YOU WIN!!! You have the best husband. Mine is pretty darn good, but I do most of the dishes. He does do most of the laundry though, and ALL of the ironing!! (of course the only thing that REALLY needs ironing is his dress shirts, and then only if they don't make it out of the dryer fast enough!!!)

Wanttolosealot-I agree. I like having people around, but only on a limited time basis, and only people I like. I can't stand it when people I DON'T like force themselves on me and I feel like I have to be polite, and so I don't tell them what I am thinking which is you, you ing !! okay, I'm calm now.

Mauvais-SEE!! I'm doing MUCH better now that we have that little swearing emoticon!!! The commune sounds GREAT!!

Wildfire-That CD looks GREAT!! Thanks!! I'm going to look for it as soon as we start getting money coming in again!! I stay up WAY too late, and often it is just me getting myself overly excited about something (ANYTHING!!)It is like I wake UP at 11 pm!!!
Old 09-09-2002, 12:59 AM   #119  
the kid's counting on me!

Ellis, Wantstolosealot, You guys are reminding me of Shreck...did you all see it??? He trys to be a big ugly ogre that doesn't like company but he really is a sweety...like you Ellis deary!!! Of course we all only want to hang with the people we like to hang with and not be bugged by the buggers so...I say, life is short, prioritize what makes you happy and healthy and prioritize the people that you love and yourself and choose to do what works for you...don't ever go with the "shoulds" one of my colleagues always says...
"shoulds are sh*t" You don't have to be mean to people just set loving limits...don't let them invade your world. Keep the boundaries firm with a smile on your face...talk softly but carry a big stick, who said that? or something like that????

Girls, sorry that I've been out of touch, check out the lezbi thread for details. Nothing too intense...just busy. But, yeah, go there for details...it took me about 45 minutes to read everything on this one thread that I had missed!!!!
can't be away for even a day or two!!!

Well, just wanted to pop in busy busy busy and sleepy...its almost 1:00am...
Love, Soozie
Old 09-09-2002, 01:45 AM   #120  
a brave new me...

Angry Hey...

You really ought to be careful with all of those "shoulds" lest you "should" all over yourself.

There is something very wrong with my internal clock. It is now 12:37 am and I just returned from the grocery store. Trust me... there are only other weird people at the grocery store around midnight.... all the other night owl freaks of nature. On my way to the store I called my mom and had to laugh, because she says she always does her shopping late at night. I get this messed up clock from her I guess. She and I and my sister area always on line at the same time around midnight. I had a lazy Sunday and napped for a couple of hours this afternoon. If I keep up these nocturnal hours eventually I will go to bed as the sun rises and awake around dinner time. Actually that would be perfect for me. The worst part of this is that since I am not eating after 8:00 pm I am STARVING until bedtime.... for four or five hours.

Last edited by Sojourner; 09-09-2002 at 11:04 AM.
Closed Thread