Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning my sweet friends
What a wonderful time we had on out weekend getaway. I ate and drank entirely too much. We fished and rode the
Party barge. We rode the golf carts thru the woods to the next marina. Fun fun. I hated to leave.
I'm back to my food plan. It's going ok so far. I have a hair cut appt this afternoon. We are almost ready to put the
Metal on ds's roof. Dh will order that today. It should be in Monday. So that means our Lil boss(ds) will let us off for the weekend. I see camping and fishing for the weekend again.

Karen3 would you please yell a little louder. It's a funny thing I hear you real good during the week but weekends I don't hear you at all. Lol

Mary your fruit salad sounds so good. I make it at Christmas and thanksgiving.

Donna I hope ds house sells quickly. Vacations go by so fast. Enjoy your time off.

Gayle k3 was missing in action this weekend. But I did have fun. We laughed so much. My stomach muscles were hurting. Good luck with your dr appt.

Lynn. Yay. You are doing well on your diet. Very happy for you. Your outing with your friend sounds like fun.

Rosey so sad to hear about the plane crash. Congrats on the weight loss.

Karen31 sounds like fun at the car show. At the end of the month they are having a hunting expo at the Cajun dome. We usually go and it's fun.

Bobbi camping for me is like a person taking nerve meds. It is so relaxing and clears the mind of worries. If I wouldn't be able to camp I would wither and die. I have to get away from home. It's in my blood. My patents brought me home from the hospital and went straight to the camp. So I've done it all my life and married a guy that was raised the same way.

Gotta run. Things to do. Hi to all I
Missed.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 07-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Howdy everyone....not gonna write much cause I am too grumpy and don't like a lot of people. Went to get driver licenses renewed yesterday with birthday certificate, SS card, passport, old license and 2 business letters sent to me at home. Am now legal, but when they were going to do the eye check I said I had monovision from cararact surgery. Which means I can't see one column in either eye. Am both near/far sighted. They raised Holly H*ll with me but gave me my license and told me to use my side mirrors! HUH?????????

Played bridge and got cheated. I love the game and would never cheat so people that want to win so bad they cheat just don't make sense to me. grrrr

DH went back with his DD214 to get Vet put on his license today as directed and was told nope he can have it changed but it cost him $8.50 more. Would have been free if he had brought it back yesterday HUH???? Who carrys around a DD214 (discharge papers)

It was exactly 55 yrs ago Monday that he was shipped into Beruit with USMC.

Cajun....Okay girly you asked for the BIG GUNS! I am the earworm that stands on your shoulder clucking no no, BUT now Donna will be standing next to you with her rolling pin and will whonk you every time you gobble. Straighten up or answer to the posse.

I promise to be back to do personals when I am a happier camper. I'd go kick a cat, but we don't have one and Dash won't stand still long enough to get him. Kicking a cat is an old Freud image of displaced anger....k3

No animals were harmed from writing this note

Last edited by Karen3; 07-17-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #78  

Hi everyone. another quiet day. did some house work and made stuffed peppers for dinner. im scheduled for a cat scan,blood work and ekg tomorrow and friday. its all pre surg stuff. steve had his stitches out and has an appt in 2 weeks for the medial nerve block in his neck. then he can start to do some things that he loves to do and not be such agrump. K3 you crack me up,sry you feel grumpy but cant say as i blame you,and ive felt like wacking or kicking something a time or 2 or 3 or 4 not much else going on. I'm posting a picture of my new niece wrapped in the quilt i made and the doll i made clothes for her name is Paige. soo cute i love babies. have agreat evening rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GetAttachment.jpg (12.1 KB, 10 views)
Old 07-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Very cute Rosie!! She is a doll for sure!! I like babies too, as long as I can give them back when they get fussy!!! LOL!!!

Been a quiet day around here-- just plain lazy today. I did a few things but not much!!

Gayle, how did your appointment go today? Anxious to hear.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #80  

ahhhhhh so sweet...Twins?

I love babies, too. Especially baby feet.....k3
Old 07-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #81  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

I had my appointment with the rheumatologist yesterday. She asked me a lot of questions. Gave me a shot of something (kind of like prednisone but in a shot form) to help quiet down the inflamation in my joints. And a Rx for a short term course of prednisone. That shot was sort of kind of magic ~ I can walk again. Not totally normally, but at least without so much pain. The left knee still feels like there is a catch in it every few steps or so, but it's a start. She did a whole bunch of lab work. More x-rays (knees, feet and hands). I go back Aug. 6th to find out what is wrong with me and what I need to do to get better.

I kind of babied my legs/knees yesterday ~ I let them take me to the x-rays in a wheel chair instead of trying to walk myself. I felt kind of silly, but it hurt so bad at that point, I sorta didn't care. I may ask the security guy for a ride from the parking lot to the building this morning at work. Even when I can find a parking space that is somewhat closer, it is still quite a walk and I end up in pain by the time I get to my work station.

Thank you all for asking and your concern.

Wishing for you all a good day

Take care
Old 07-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #82  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks for checking in, Gayle! Do you have any kind of confidence in this doc? Did she make any noises about a diagnosis? I hope the shot she gave you gives you some relief! Good thoughts!!

Rosey - let us know exactly when your surgery is scheduled! Good thoughts for you, too.... and for Mr. CP, of course! The "twins" are adorable!

KarenFL - I don't know I have time right now to go and bonk Cajun in the head... I'm feeling just slightly (!) overwhelmed these days.

Onward and upward. No time for personals today! Hope you're all well... Later, lovelies!
Old 07-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #83  

Gayle glad to hear that the shot gave you some relief. Hopefully they will get a better idea of what is wrong and what to do about it after all the labs and xrays are back. Sending good thoughts
Old 07-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #84  

Donna, sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you.. take care and stay cool..
Old 07-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #85  

Donna sorry to hear your overwhelmed. But really glad your rolling pin is not coming. Lol.
Karen3 I can hear you yelling from here. I'm doing good. Don't send the posse.
About that cheater you're playing with. I know the feeling. I'm on a pokeno group and a lady cheated every month. We all knew it too so we discretely changed some rules without calling her out. She quit the next month. We were glad. She's still cheating in other games she plays.

Rosey sha baby. I would love to kiss those fat cheeks.

Gayle hopefully the shot will last until you see dr again snd she can figure out your treatment.

Nothing new going on. May head to the camp tomorrow.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 07-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #86  

OMG it just goes on. I gave DH a USMC windsock whirley gig for father's day and we have so many storms it blew off into the canal and sunk. Now mind you that the canal is 17' deep at MLT. So he threw his good gat hook to recover the windsock and then hooked the bottom. Okay he got the extension ladder and set it off the dock with Dash and I watching. He tried to dive down but it was too deep. Told him just cut his losses. Okay I walk back to the house and realize he isn't coming. Go back and he had put the ladder in upside down and couldn't pull it up without losing the bottom half. I had to get a rope and he finally got the ladder back. I hurt so bad from not laughing!!!!!!!!!

Gayle... your knees and joints sound like mine. The 2nd shot in May has been a God sent blessing. I think I can postpone my August shot for awhile. I had orthoscopic surgery in Jan and that worked for 10 days (prob the cortisone they stuck in there)

Donna...Traveling to Cajun's will be good vacation....beats the heck out of house cleaning and we can met and let the good times roll!

Rosie....what's your grand baby count?

Would you believe my first born baby was 54 yesterday!

Gotta go make dinner for the diving expert.....snicker......k3
Old 07-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #87  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

KarenFL - I would LOVE to meet you! I think we'd just be a couple of deranged old bats, a-laughin' and a-laughin'! Cajun is safe for the moment, and I don't think she needs me, anyway! I can just visualize your deep sea diver in action!

Another VERY productive day! The only thing left to do is sell the house, and that's out of my hands for the moment. EVERYTHING else is DONE! I can't believe it! As soon as I get it, I'll post the listing, so you can see what I've been doing with my time the last two months. Can't believe it's been two months since she died... time flies!

I'm going to go get nekkid and sit under the swamp cooler! I deserve it! It's way too hot here (for me!).

Later, lovelies!
Old 07-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #88  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! I didn't get to the gym today. Dh went fishing again and I overslept as usual, then got busy with other things and just didn't get there. Was thinking about a haircut today too...but I can't decide. Any of you use those sticky rollers? They told me that's what I should use if I want to keep my hair longer. I HATE working with my hair...swore I never would do rollers again, so tell me how you like them if you use them. I get tired of short hair but it may be the best way for me.

My bs was high today due to me eating too many cherries yesterday. I skipped them at breakfast but at lunch I had a few more cherries and grapes and ended up with one too many carbs again. I should have checked on the carbs before eating them. (sigh)

Karen3 - Your story made me laugh ...I'm not sure I even understood it all..but it still made me laugh! My oldest is 48 and that is bad enough...sometimes I think someone has played a trick on me....I can't be old enough to have a 48 year old daughter!

Glynne - Glad the shot helped. I've heard those shots are like magic when you've been hurting. Hopefully as the inflammation goes down, it will feel even better.

Rosey - What a sweet baby! I too love babies. I esp like the back of their necks!

Cajun - Glad you had fun on your weekend trip and that now you are back on your eating plan too. I'm doing better too, except now and then I get too many carbs. It's not the calories but the carbs that cause me the most trouble now.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #89  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s,

Oh what a day. It was rugged ~ but now that it is over and I survived it I can look back and laugh about it.

Because I have had to make all kinds of little modifications to my work station to make it work for me (I am vertically challenged ~ LOL), I spend the first few minutes getting things in place ~ maybe it sounds silly, but I can do my work faster if every thing is organized before I start instead of constantly having to hunt around for everything. So, I notice that the desk top 3 hole punch is missing ~ start looking around for it and asking about it. I was told that one of the dr’s was having trouble with it and had a tantrum and threw it in the trash. Stupid jerk ~ guess he couldn’t possibly ask for help with it. There is a bigger one on top of the chart rack behind me ~ would have been right at his eye level, so why he thought he had to crawl over someone to get the little one instead of using the other one is beyond me. I was fit to be tied. The small one helps me not to have to jump up and down on my already ailing knees all day long to punch holes in a couple sheets of paper. I do get up and use the big one when I have a whole bunch of papers to punch all at once.

Then, I go to set up the computer keyboard on the little table that makes it at the right ergonomic level for me. NO TABLE. I am starting to flip out. I have enough pain going on without having to do my work with my stuff not set up right because of people taking away my stuff. I felt like I wanted to cry and felt like saying I would just head home until someone found my table. Without the little table ~ desk surface is chest height for me. So, I am typing with my hands a little below shoulder level. And because I am not able to move the keyboard, I also can not move the computer screen closer to me ~ which I need to be able to do to see it.

I start on a search for my table. Looked in the trash bin ~ at that point, I wouldn’t have put beyond some idiot to throw it out. I didn’t find my table, but did find the paper punch. Thankfully the trash hadn’t been emptied yet. I retrieved it and cleaned it up and got it working again. When I left tonight, I took the paper punch and locked it in my locker. I also left a note on my table (probably someone will not be happy about that, but I don’t much care) telling people that I don’t mind if they move my table ~ I understand that it is probably a nucince to others and maybe in their way ~ but if they move it ~ please couldn’t they leave me a note telling me where they put it so I can have it to use when I come back.

Eventually around lunch time, the charge nurse returned from lunch carrying my table. She had mentioned it to one of the other ladies and they had seen it. So, finally things started to look up.

Guess that’ll teach me to miss work. I come back and all my stuff is gone.

My sister told me that the prednisone might make me irritable. Well, I was irritable, but it was not the prednisone ~ it was stupid people who caused me to be irritable. These things that happened today would have made me irritable without medication.

Ok, enough of that. Off tomorrow ~ yippee. Going in the morning to meet a former coworker for coffee. I really enjoyed working with her ~ she is in her 60’s and the 12 hour shifts were too hard for her to be on her feet so much. Anyway, she is doing private duty now, but is moving back up north in a couple weeks. We had been trying to get together for weeks, but now time is running out, so glad we will get the chance to get together and visit.

Donna ~ sorry you are overwhelmed. Hope the house moves quickly so you can get some rest.

K3 ~ sounds like you had an adventurous day.

Hello to everyone else. Sorry this got so long.

Hope you all are having a nice evening.

Take care
Old 07-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #90  

Packing again for our weekend at the camp. I'm in the mood for fishing. Lol. Never in the mood not to. I love fishing. Yesterday in went to wal mart to get a few things for the camp. I made sure to have foods that I could have and stay on plan. That's the plan anyway. Just going to be dh and I so it shouldnt be too hard.

Karen3 and Donna. It's because of our Cajun culture and letting the good times roll is the reason I'm in this fat body. Too much good times. Y'all can come bonk me on the head but I can promise you if you tasted Cajun cooking you would be doomed forever and I would have to build yall a mother in law suite in my back yard. Y'all would be doomed forever. You've been warned. Lol. Ps that rolling pin wouldnt be used for conking my head for sure. Ever heard of beignets? It's a fried bread sprinkled with powered sugar. So good and sinful.

Donna I hope you get a sell quickly.

Gayle you need to call Donna. She has a rolling pin she's itching to use. Lol

Mary is dh catching fish when he goes. He sure is going often. Do y'all cook the fish he catches. We love fish.

Hello all I missed. Gotta mop my floors ( in case Donna and karen3 show up with rolling pin)
Hugs
Cajun. Lol I'm sure in a good mood!!!!! It's Friday!!!!
Closed Thread