Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #106  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! Dh went fishing again this morning so I'm on my own once again. He wants to fish right up until his surgery as he won't be able to do it for a while after.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to do with my hair....I was trying to let it grow but it's so much work. See, I'm not used to working with my hair...and I hate it...and yet I also get tired of short hair. So such a dilemma!
The hair dresser said to buy some sticky rollers. I bought a small box of the heated kind but they weren't sticky and I couldn't keep them in my hair even with the clips. They were the cheapest I could buy and I wonder whether it would be worth it to buy some about $10 more. But will I even use them. I probably will just end up getting it cut short again so I don't have to think about it!

Otherwise, I am washing the linens from the spare bedroom in anticipation of our grandson (13) coming for a few days. We haven't seen him since Feb and then only briefly. Also need to go out for a few groceries.

Some of the clothes I ordered from the Onestopplus shop came yesterday and were disappointing. The leggings don't fit right...ok in some places but big in other places...washing and drying them might help but not sure. I also don't like the fabric and they are kind of uncomfortable. Both the tops are WAY too long for me and one fit too tight around my fat middle and is a bit too low necked. I could cope with the neckline but hate the way it makes me look so fat. The other top is cute but again WAY too long! Not sure what to do...definitely sending back the "fat" top and may send the other two items back too. I wish they had more in petite tops. I think that's probably what I need as they seem to make all their tops so long. I would order small (unbelievable but these are plus-size) but then I'm afraid they will all be too tight. I joined the shopping club ($20) because then I get free shipping and returns so I guess that will cover the cost of these returns. I have a few more items coming but now I'm doubtful they will be any better. One I even ordered in a larger size because the reviews said it ran small!

Much to do so better run..til next time..

Last edited by maryea; 07-23-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #107  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Off yesterday, but back to work today ~ 3 days then off the weekend. Yippee.

Slowly, little by little, starting to feel better and move better. I am so thankful for feeling better. Maybe this whole thing ~ even though if it was brought on my stress over things that my worrying and stressing about can not change ~ was a blessing in disguise ~ kind of sort of a wake up call for me. No matter how good that cookie or candy or chip looks, I have been staying away from that stuff. And I have started to slowly try to be more active. I rode my bicycle the other night ~ went slow and easy. Just 15 minutes ~ thought that might be easier on my knees at that point ~ where my knees were still sort of bothering me. Planning on getting to the pool this weekend and do some water walking.

Always before, I would say I didn't have time. I feel now like, I'd better make time.

I think I am going to have to talk with DH before hand though. It is because of him that I have not gone to the pool very often. I either need to go alone, so I can stay for the amount of time I want, or get him to agree that if he goes along, that I can leave when I want/need to. He would be one to not see the sense in going for just an hour and coming home. That is part of what has kept me from it in the past. I can go for an hour, but I do not have time with only a couple days off a week, to go and stay all day like he and Maddie do.

He says I make excuses, but that is a valid reason. I want to go, but (even as much as I enjoy the water/pool) I do not have the time to give up my whole day for the water walking ~ I have lots of other things I need to get done.

I'm sorry for the mini rant.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Take care
Old 07-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies.

Where is everyone? Golden girls have been very quiet. Guess everyone is busy!!

Diet is going well this week!! I'm trying to stay busy after work and do a little sweating. Yesterday I hosed the carport and patio off. Today I have a chiropractor sppt st 530 and plan to come home a do a few things in the yard. This weekend we dh and ds are going to be putting the metal on the carport/patio/outdoor kitchen. I'm planning to scrub down our boat. It's so dirty. We've been fishing and coming home snd not cleaning it like we usually do. After all day fishing in the heat we run into the air condition and don't wanna go back outside. For the next 3 days our temps are going to be 97 degrees with best index at 110 :-0. That's hot. Come on October. Can't wait for the fall.

Gayle I'm so glad you are feeling better.

Mary I like to order from women within or something like that. It's hard to order and hope they fit. It's a pain to have to return them. I've lost a lot weight last year and I find that I can find more of a selection in the size I am now so I haven't ordered. I was in a 26 x and now I'm in an xlarge.

Hello everybody!
Hugs
Cajun.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #109  

Another beautiful summer day! Dh got up early to take care of some things. I too have lots to do today as the next several days will be extra busy. Dh has surgery Thurs plus our gs (13) is coming on Fri to spend a few days. While dh is laid up I will have to the yard work as well as my usual work.

I decided to send back all the clothes I bought. I didn't even like the bra I got. It fit and was comfortable but it was like a uni-bra and the hooks wouldn't stay fastened!

Well, I've got one load of laundry in a bed to make at least before I go out. Need to buy some groceries and still deciding about my hair. If I have time I'll get a manicure/pedicure too. May run out of time though.

Cajun- Glad the diet is going better. You are always so busy I'd think the weight would come off easily...this dieting thing is a puzzle sometimes. I did well all day yesterday but then blew it in the evening. However my weight dropped back down to my sig weight! Wierd! However with all that's ahead the next several days I'm not expecting much weight loss.

Glynne - Glad you are feeling better and being more active..can you and your dh take separate cars/bike to the pool?
Old 07-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #110  

Prayers please
My neighbors young son pulled out into the road around a curve and a car hit them. My oldest ds who is a nurse was 1 st on scene as its just down the road from us. He had difficulty breathing so he have him breathes. The air medivac team finally got their and they intobated him and my ds said that by his observation he had broken ribs and punctured lungs, brain fluids was coming out his nose and eyes were dilated. His guess was brain swelling. Word this morning is multiple head fractures swelling of the brain and brain dead. He's on life support but they will repeat brain test in 12 hours due to being heavily sedated. The other boy had a lot of stitches and will be alright.
The boy is an only child and is only 15. Please pray for him and his patents.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 07-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #111  

I failed to mention they were on a 4 wheeler ( all terrain bike) and were hit brawn side by a car.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #112  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Oh my Cajun ~ prayers for the boy and his family. How sad ~ so young.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #113  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Cajun - yes, prayers and good thoughts! Please keep us posted!
Old 07-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #114  
Sassy

S/C/G: 220/188/150

Hi all, I haven't been on the site for a few months (since I first joined), but enjoy following your posts. I redid my kitchen about a year ago and your sink looks very similar to mine, Bobbi. Now, I am buying a new house and will be leaving it, though.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Cajun --- sending prayers for the young boy and his family.. So sad.

Welcome Sassafras!! Pull up a chair and tell us more about you.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #116  

We had to be at the surgery clinic (outpatient surgery) by seven so got up early today. The surgery was at nine and we were home before 11. The doctor said there were no problems so it appears to have been successful. So far no pain. He came home and slept for three hours. He is on bedrest and up in chair but not to walk around or do anything else other than the walking he has to do to the bathroom, bed, and chair. And of course no bending, lifting, straining. So far he's being good. I watered the backyard plants/garden which he usually does. It was a very warm day again.

Two more tops arrived yesterday that I ordered and they are both going back. One was really cute, fit me really well in the shoulders and neck but otherwise way too big (it was supposed to be full but it was ridiculous!) and way, way too long! I don't understand why they make them all so long, I could see it when I bought a too large size but most of these tops fit me but are just so long. Petites might be better but it seems like everything I like does not come in Petite. One I did keep that is too long, I washed thinking it would shrink up but it didn't, so not going to waste money on any more.

The way I 've been eating the last couple days though...I may NEED them that long to cover my belly! I was doing so well, but my eating is out of control again! I thought I was past all that. Hoping to do better tomorrow...I'm only up 2#, so I've still got time to fix it.

Rosey - Sorry to hear about the teenager who got hurt. That would be so hard on the parents too. I have prayed for him and them. You've sure had a lot of tragedy happen near you recently!
Old 07-26-2013, 01:54 AM   #117  

Hi everyone,another nice day here. we had lots of company today,a girlfriend from canada and steves brother. did some house work, hemmed some kitchen towels i made from a beach towel i got on sale at wallmart for 2.69 and made 4 towels from it. cooked a skillet sphagetti dinner and salad. Maryea the teenage boy is afriend of cajuns,howver i too said prayers for him. am sorry you didnt like your clothes. i order from roamans and women within all the time. i like the long tunic type shirts as they cover my hangy down parts that are soon to be gone hopefully. still waiting to hear from ins company. just found out that my grson who is in the airforce will be home this sat. and they will come to visit the following weekend. can hardly wait to hear all about his experiences. sure have missed that kid. am happy to see him befor he's sent to scott airforce base. hope you all have an awesome weekend. rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 07-26-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #118  

Update:
Yesterday morning they redid the brain test snd declared him legally brain dead at 9:38 am. He will be on life support for 24 to 36 more hours as they prepare him for organ retrieval. His parents has invited family and friends to come by and see him if they wish to. The other child has a fracture in his spine on his neck. They are still running test to see if surgery is required. Thank God my ds made him keep still until the paramedics got there. Had he kept running around it could have gotten worse. Ds is taking it very hard because he wishes he could have done more for them.
Diet is still going well. I've decided to stay off the scale and let clothes be my guide. We will see how that works.

Mary It was me that had this tragedy by my house. You are right it's the 2 nd accident to people that are special to us.
Update on our ds godfather. The one that fell and broke his neck. He's in rehab 3 days a week. His left hand is starting to get better. Right hand still doesn't work all that well. He's walking with a walker but still can't walk without walker. His son is getting married next weekend. Hopefully he does ok for the wedding. Dh has been taking him riding just about every week. He enjoys the outing.
Glad to hear your dh surgery went ok. Mary you better get a grip on your calories or the mean loud posse will come hollowing with their rolling pin. They are a rough couple of gals and they mean business. Lol.

Welcome sassafras. These ladies are awesome.

Rosey I'm happy you get to see your grandson. Hope you hear from your insurance soon.

Thanks for y'all prayers. The parents are going to need them.

Hi to all I missed. I'm out if time.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 07-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #119  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...

Cajun - I'm so very sorry about your friend's son... such a tragedy! It sounds like they have a good support system, which might help. Don't forget to continue to check in with them after this initial grief passes.... Did you say that they HAVE identified the other driver and have charged him?

Rosey - good thoughts that you hear something soon. Was Mr. CP's tweak successful, and is he feeling better?

Mary - so glad Joe's eye surgery went well! You'll be back on track again when everything calms.

Nothing to report. Glad it's Friday... busy weekend ahead, though! Hope all of you have a good day!
Old 07-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #120  

Donna no tickets were issued. Sheriff said because 4 wheelers are not allowed on the road that the kids were in the wrong. They did toxicology test on driver and was cleared. The driver was a young man that my oldest son went to school with all their lives. His wife had their 2nd child a couple days before and he was on his way back from work. The weird thing was he was going home to shower and go meet his wife at the hospital. The same hospital that the young guy was air lifted to. Getting back to the hit. The guy came around a curve and they pulled out into the road in front of him. He wouldn't have seen them. He tried so hard to miss them but couldn't. Sad for him too. He's not doing well at all.
Closed Thread