Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #16  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Bobbi - if you're careful when you kill him, you can tell the authorities that one of those horrible heads fell off the wall smack onto Bruce! OMG, I cannot imagine!! How's the kitchen coming along? Did you close on your old house, and are you living full time in the wildlife refuge? Pictures, pictures!!! BTW, good to "see" you!

Last edited by jess1; 06-04-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,
Ds room is empty and clean. Now what to do with it. He came yesterday and picked up the rest of his stuff and took a plate of supper home with him.
I'm trying to stay on track with my eating but it's very hard not to do the emotional binging.

Bobbi I know the feeling about the dead animals on the wall. We have whitetail deer squirrels and ducks. They were all over the living room. When we moved to our new house I told them they had 1 deer to put on the wall. That was going to be the big buck wall. The rest of the critters were to be hung in their rooms. So now there is competition on who can kill the biggest deer so their deer will be in the living room.

Karenfl we get ready for the hurricanes by buying gas for the generators. We have well water so water is there when we need it. We have butane burners onnthe patio and the freezer is always full of stuff to cook. We have an upright freezer in the house and 2 deep freezers on the patio so there is no such thing as eating the freezer low. With all of us being hunters and fisherman. Thru are overflowing. So I guess gas would be our biggest thing we buy. To keep the freezers running on generators. I'm dreading this hurricane season. We were spared the last 4 years. Hope we get lucky again this year.

Mary I'm so glad your arms and shoulder are responding to your exercises.

Gayle I had jury duty a few months ago and I got there and was not picked. I was so glad. I used my day to catch up on shopping.

Rosy hope your weather stays pretty for sunning on your deck. I think your Tim was an adorable lil baby and has grown to a fine young man. Tell him how much i appreciate and respected him.

Gotta run
Hugs
Cajun
Old 06-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #18  

Height: 5'3"

Well, I did get back on track with my eating and my tracking in MFP, but am too lazy to post it here. I ended up yesterday with 1527 calories and my carbs were good so that's good for me. And I lost 3.8 lbs this past week...2 lbs were some I'd gained recently and then 1.8 lbs more. I'm sitting here with my breakfast (I got up very late!) ...a Fat Stripin' Frappa...hoping to lose more.

I can't think of a thing to say..guess our lives are pretty boring these days.

Cajun - I'm sorry about your pain of having your son leave home. As I remember he's not too far away though and in time you'll get used to it but it is true that it will never quite be the same...and it changes again when they marry, but in time you will find you develop a new, different but still good close relationship. And now for us it is changing yet again as we are aging...we find we are beginning to look to our kids as a source of strength and help...this part is just beginning but I am glad we now have two living closer to us now (one did it just for this reason) and it is such a joy to see them more often after years of not seeing them much! I honestly thought it would never happen. Sorry to hear about your mother. Some of you really go through a lot with your parents as they age. I hope my children will not have to go through so much with us. I never went through that because my mother died young, and I was living out here when my dad passed. He had remarried, but it was actually my sister who helped him at the end. I know it wasn't easy for her.

Cajun/Bobbi - Reading your posts makes me glad my dh is not a hunter!! He is a fisherman but he doesn't mount them. I don't think I'd like that. However we do have a set of large water buffalo horns (from Philippines) on our family room wall. It's not my thing and I keep waiting for the time when he wants to change it for something else but he loves it. I guess it is a touch of his roots. His life changed so dramatically when he came to the states all those years ago, and he gave up a lot so I sorta understand. He has that and the Filipino cable channel...I understand that both are connections to the country/life where he was born and raised and he seems to need them.

Well, it's a beautiful day and I've missed a lot of it sleeping in so better get busy. Need to get some groceries.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #19  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

sorry...no pictures until we get the kitchen finished. We purchased the back splash yesterday, have to wait for carpenter to put it up. Still have some cabinet pieces missing, mop boards not on yet and painting around new windows yet to do. Thanks for asking and I'll think about the heads hitting Bruce. How much do ya think I can get for those monster mounts?
Mary...lucky you don't have to look at fish on the wall.
Cajun...I'm going to make a stink about those heads until he at least puts them in better places. The room is large, he could have put one here, one there. Nope....lined up like they're waiting to use the restrooms. I'll sneak a picture tomorrow if I get a chance and show you what I'm looking at, ugliness.
Thanks K3
Old 06-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #20  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Bobbi - I can't imagine you could get much more than $1.28 for those grotesque heads... eiuuuuuuu, I'd have nightmares! I might HAVE nightmares!! All I can say is that you're a GOOD wife!

I'll be patient about the pictures...
Old 06-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #21  

Hi everyone its pouring rain out and we really needed it. i love the sound on our metal roof. Bobbie you make me laugh,i have critters,horns,fish, and birds all over my house and walls. i gave up long ago as my complaining did no good. maybe you can sneak them away in e-bay. mr cranky was in rare form today. if he was a 2 yr old i would have paddled his butt and sent him to his room. sheeesh what a dope,i love him but that doesnt mean i have to always like him. on that happy note i tried a new way of making pizza. i used a ww locarb tortilla for the crust. it turned out lite and crispy and satisfied the craving with way less calories. cajun sry you are blue the empty nest syndrom is hard to go thru maryea glad you have made progress with your exercises,and are in less pain. jess my house would indeed give you nitemares,in fact my grdd covered the wild goat head on the wall in the bedrm when she spends the nite with a towel cuz it bothered her. lol hope you all have nice pleasent dreams. rosey

breakfast
coffee
1/2 cup cottage cheese with rasp berries

lunch
1/2 tortilla pizza
iced tea

snack
notta

dinner
meat loaf
agrutin potatoes
brocolli slaw

Last edited by akrosey49; 06-04-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #22  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Bobbi ~ is there a room in your house that could be Bruce's "man cave"? Or when you build that garage, could you make a kind of man cave room out there where he could hang all those ugly heads? One of my friends (in Michigan) husband has fixed a place out in their garage where he and his friends hang out. Just a thought.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all...sitting here with bated breath for the storm that may not come??? The weatherfools are predicting a big nonhurricane event. Made enough supper last night for tonight incase the power pops off.

Bobbi when we moved into this house there was a large side room off the garage that was prob supposed to be a MIL room without a potty. Turned that into DH's "office". And all his stuffed stuff and pictures are there. Don't call it a man cave because office is more manly! He came back once from a bear hunt and the kids were excited to see his bear...hmmm it was the head and skin in a plastic bag. Lucky I convinced him to give it to a Colorado friend when we moved down here. Some how a bearskin rug/Fl don't mix. And don't give me any reason to say diff!!!!!!

Oh this is a lovely room, 3 full size windows, carpeted and a door that opens onto the lanai. Hugh closet and come to think of it should have been my office.

Gayle...Are things quieter with SB?

Rosey...sorry but cranky pants don't mellow with age. Been married to one for almost 55yrs. Best defense I found was to tell him to listen to himself he sounds just like his mother. 90% of the time that brings forth an apology!

Donna...next go to Ballykissangel. Loved the whole series, but the first couple of seasons were delightful. Have reached the point where I recognize so many of the actors now in new roles.

Guess I better check weatherunderground.com and see what's happened....later k3
Old 06-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #24  

Howdy...just a quick fellow up. I have run out of bated breath and still no rain/storms, but they, now, say Thursday. And we ate the dinner...gesssssh!!!!

Got our flood insurance bill today and it has gone up about 33%. They want 3,700+ for one year. Yup we're paying for Sandy, Katrina and who knows what else.

Reading a strange book...A Thousand White Women... have got to goggle and see if it's based on fact. Good so far but may get boring. I'll give a book report soon. k3
Old 06-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #25  

Hi everyone. another nice day here. sunny and warm did some housework and put supper in the crock pot. i tried a new recipe that i saw on face book. id rather be fixing the carmel apple pie cheese cake that i saw on there but this is a low carb and really easy. it called for a cabbage big chopped,1 lg onion sliced, 1 pkg of kielbasa sausage,1 can chix stock.1 T coarse brown mustard and let it cook for 6 hrs. it smells yummy and i tasted it and i think we are going to like it esp if we take beano befor lol. hope your day was great rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
slice of meatloaf
cukes and tomatoes

snack
1/2 c grapes
crystal lite green tea with lemon

dinner
cabbage and sausage

snack
1 large soft serve vaniila ice cream cone ( i didnt eat the cone,as if that would make a diff lol but sure was good)

Last edited by akrosey49; 06-05-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #26  

Karen3 - That sounds really good...according to what I read on Amazon.com it is purely fiction but apparently they did talk about doing something like that at one time. Hard to imagine at that time. I ordered it.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Grrrrrrrrrrrr Yesterday I did personal and lost my post. Let's try this again.

Bobbi I know how you feel with the critters on the wall. When we moved into our new house I limited one wall to the critters. I told them it was going to be called the big buck wall. The biggest deer would get that spot and the rest were going in their rooms. So now we have a huge competition between them to get a bigger deer killed so they get the spot on the big buck wall. Whoever thought I would win with this idea. I liked the idea of the man cave. Might work for you.

Mary congrats on your weight loss. I had an situation where I had to draw the line on a wall hanger. I was yelling so dh heard me loud and clear. Our winter camp in in an area that has rattlesnakes. I'm deathly afraid of snakes. I named our camp the rattlesnake camp. Last year dh killed one and wanted ton tan the hide and put on the wall at the camp. No way no way I screamed loud and clear. He laughed because he knew that would be my response. But he still tried. Every now and then he still mentions it and I give him the look. He shuts up.

Karenfl with 4 hunters and fisherman in our family there is no such thing as eating the freezer down. I have a huge upright freezer in my house and 2 big chest freezers on my patio and they are full to the top with a variety of stuff they have killed or caught. That's our biggest problem with hurricanes. To get ready we stock up on gas. We have 3 generators so one goes on the water well. Water is not a problem. We have plenty of food to cook and do that on the patio with our butane burner. So our hurricane prep is not too bad. I see people buying water batteries flashlight. The men in my family frog hunt so they have rechargeable head lights so light is not a problem either.
Take cover Karen. We begin this hurricane season with Andrea. That's my ds gf name. My dh asked last night. Is it November yet? Dread hurricane season as I'm sure you do also.

Rosy I would love the caramel apple pie too. Sweets are my weakness.

Hello to all you sweet ladies I missed.

Let me post this before I lose it again.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 06-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #28  

Okay...It's raining. Quiet heavy pouring without boomers. No big winds. Pool level hasn't changed much. Easier for to check that than the rain gauge. The computer models show it going right over us?????? If they make such a big deal out of every storm people will start ignoring the warnings again.

I have been out for my nails and didn't even need an umbrella.

Rosey....How was dinner? I could smell it and dug kielbasa out of the freezer for dinner.

I was wrong yesterday. That was our home owners insurance. That has gone up %300 since we moved here. Yup 300!

Cajun...I lived that way until we retired down here. Both DH and I hunted and fished. Had 2 freezers and never lost anything. But that we got Frances and lost 22c freezer of venison etc. Bad enough losing stuff but shoveling was horrid. We live at the bottom of the Big Bend and tucked in so they have only had one direct hit from hurricanes, plus the no name storm.

I kidded about bears in Florida, but we actually have a lot of bears in this area. There must be "Bear Crossing" sign every 5 miles on the highway. Heck they just one in Tampa last week that had migrated down from Ocala(tagged young bear). Our biggest problem are hogs. They can tear up a yard better than a plow.

Mary...am still enjoying the book but they haven't met the natives yet. Yes, I looked up the history too. Still fun premise to build a story on.

Lynn...Are you okay?

Until we moved South I didn't know about snakes in trees! Bad enough on the ground, but fall on me...Yikes... k3

Last edited by Karen3; 06-06-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #29  

I slept in again. I think I have really needed to catch up with my sleep. I tend to be a light sleeper, waking often in the night and as I age it has gotten worse. I go so much not getting enough sleep that every now and then I have to sleep in for a few days and catch up. I knew I had to sleep so last night when I went to bed (instead of laying there trying to sleep), I just took some Benedryl and it really helped.

My bs is usually high in the mornings but was higher than usual this am. I ate a lot of cherries last night. I want to try more of the Trim and Healthy Mama recipes. Hopefully if I do I can keep more OP than I am doing with my current recipes. It's a little tricky...I always think my meal is OP but later realize it wasn't. You cannot combine high carb and high fat...must be one or the other and have protein as the core ingredient. Tonight we are having hamburgers and I will try to get by without a bun since this will be an S (fat) meal.

Cleaned out my fridge yesterday...oh my...recently some apple juice spilled in there (from a large bottle) and I had cleaned it up. Quite a mess, it was running out onto the floor big time, so had to pull out the fridge and everything. Of course, it was time to do that anyway(past time!) so I got to give it a good cleaning. Later I noticed there was a little more under the crisper drawers but I let it go knowing I'd be cleaning it soon anyway. I use baking soda as a deodorizer and when I finally got to cleaning, there was a large hard clump of baking soda and apple juice that had become hard as a rock hidden away in a corner I couldn't see til I got all the drawers and shelves out! I had to pour 4 cups of hot water over it before I could break it up. At least it wasn't something stinky but what a mess. Took me about an hour or maybe more to get that fridge completely cleaned and I didn't even touch the freezer compartment.

Shows how exciting my life is when cleaning the fridge becomes the story of my day! LOL The kids stopped by for a few minutes in the evening while out on a bike ride. Still loving having them close by!

Karen3 - Bears in Florida? Bears, snakes, alligators.. Don't think I'd want to live there...you have too much wild life for me! I used to dream about walking into a room with snakes on the rafters...think it was from a movie I saw...and I was so scared because I am very afraid of snakes. Then we were at this place when traveling (don't remember where it was) and there were a couple snakes on tree branches in an exhibit. I remembered the dream and was very uncomfortable but I did manage to walk around the large room of exhibits.

talk later,
Mary
Old 06-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I gave up and re-joined Jenny Craig. My goal is to lose another 20 pounds. NOTE: I will change my ticker on here as soon as I post this.

Since my sister died, I have gained 6 pounds. This is REALLY scary to me. In the past, the death of loved ones has resulted in LARGE weight gains.

I will keep you posted.

Lynn
Closed Thread